Printer-friendly copy Email this topic to a friend
Lobby Make The Music topic #6123

Subject: "Getting Started" Previous topic | Next topic
kruelinstinct
Member since May 25th 2006
2 posts
Thu May-25-06 02:26 AM

Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profileClick to add this author to your buddy listClick to send message via AOL IM
"Getting Started"

Been producing and writing for a while but deciding now to put myself out there and get some constructive criticism. Check out my page, www.betarecords.com/kruelinstinct and let me know what I should work on. Thx

Printer-friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote | Top

Topic Outline
Subject Author Message Date ID
Well...you asked.
May 25th 2006
RE: Well...you asked.
May 27th 2006

theMantheMyth
Member since Mar 11th 2005
39988 posts
Thu May-25-06 04:23 AM

Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profileClick to add this author to your buddy list
1. "Well...you asked."
In response to Reply # 0

Disclaimer: I say all of this without any hate. So take it for what it is.

To be honest, there are a few problems with your beats. The primary one is that they aren't mixed very well. The drums, in a couple of cases are way too loud in the mix. Also, there's not much bass in all but "Feel Me," and that causes the beats to not "hang together" very well. They lack a certain fullness.

This is a matter of personal taste, admittedly, but I don't care for some of your drum sounds either.

Your chops aren't bad, and while you've got a very clean sound, I might recommend some reverb or something to fill in a few gaps in your sequence. Again, this goes back to making everything hang together.

"Fly" is probably my favorite, even tho pretty much everything negative I said applies to it. I see a lot of potential in it, tho. Interesting sample.

I hope I haven't been too harsh here, and I'm far from being above reproach as a beatmaker either. But you asked for feedback and constructive criticism, and that's what I have to say. Good luck to you.

www.soul2020.com
www.myspace.com/chopsteak

kruelinstinct
Member since May 25th 2006
2 posts
Sat May-27-06 06:28 PM

Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profileClick to add this author to your buddy listClick to send message via AOL IM
2. "RE: Well...you asked."
In response to Reply # 1

Thx for the feedback, that's the kind of info I need to make me better.

Lobby Make The Music topic #6123 Previous topic | Next topic