Printer-friendly copy Email this topic to a friend
Lobby Make The Music topic #5262

Subject: "Invocation" Previous topic | Next topic
buildingblock
Charter member
100000 posts
Thu May-18-06 05:38 AM

Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profileClick to add this author to your buddy list
"Invocation"

i've been to many different production forums on the net
and i have high hopes for this one
i hope never to see discussion devolve into name callin' and beat dissin'
i hope that all questions posed go answered, or at least, an attempt is made to point that person in the right direction
i hope, that when feed back is asked for or offered, it's done respectably and not in a way to tear down a person
i hope, that we can share ideas, techniques, sounds, instruments, programs, maybe even equipment and studio time and make this forum THE premier forum
i hope that we can be blessed with the insiders knowledge, tips, tricks, helpful hints from those doin' it big in this industry
i hope that we can hear the insider stories about our favorite songs and artists and how a great song went from an idea to actually being crafted
this is what i hope for this forum
so i say this invocation, so that we can maybe keep all these things in mind and build together for a common goal: to achieve our dreams, network, and maybe reclaim back this hip hop and make it mean somethin' more than just a radio or club banger
i'd like to thank okayplayer.com for blessin' us with this opportunity to build and come together for this common cause, in honor of a man that had music in his heart and went all out for it, until the day he passed
mr james yancey
aka jay dee dilla

let the building begin!

...a child is born with no state of mind, blind to the ways of mankind, god is smilin' on you and frownin' too, because only god knows what you gonna do...©melle mel

Printer-friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote | Top

Topic Outline
Subject Author Message Date ID
Anchor.
May 18th 2006
I'll clap to that
May 18th 2006
ANCHOR
May 18th 2006
RE: Invocation
May 18th 2006
^^^TRUTH SPOKEN^^^
May 18th 2006
^^^TRUTH SPOKEN^^^
May 18th 2006
^^^TRUTH SPOKEN^^^
May 18th 2006
up
May 19th 2006
I agree, with these kind of tastes, this should be a good forum
May 19th 2006
This really does need to be anchored. Really, really.
May 19th 2006
Yes.
May 19th 2006
i'll try not to be negative, just for one post
May 20th 2006
Very well said
May 22nd 2006

High Society
Member since Oct 13th 2003
7375 posts
Thu May-18-06 10:52 AM

Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profileClick to add this author to your buddy list
1. "Anchor."
In response to Reply # 0

-----
Cameo
Soundshape Records

Nopayne
Member since Jan 03rd 2003
52628 posts
Thu May-18-06 01:58 PM

Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profileClick to add this author to your buddy listClick to send message via AOL IM
2. "I'll clap to that"
In response to Reply # 0

(louder)
===========================================
-Me

<----What OKP is listening to this week.

InstruMental
Member since Nov 10th 2005
12463 posts
Thu May-18-06 03:21 PM

Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profileClick to add this author to your buddy listClick to send message via AOL IM
3. "ANCHOR"
In response to Reply # 0

This is a good layout of the types of guidelines we'll need to keep this place worthwhile.

While we're here, NONE OF US ARE LESSONHEADS. I'm not about to entertain that foolishness here, and nobody else should either. We're not (just) critics, we're creators.

<---Okay Jima (© Bridgetown)

http://www.myspace.com/musicphilosophy
http://www.myspace.com/icapinstrumental <---updated 5/31/07
http://www.soundclick.com/realsoonthemental <---NEW

jayBee
Member since Oct 21st 2003
420 posts
Thu May-18-06 04:07 PM

Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profileClick to add this author to your buddy list
4. "RE: Invocation"
In response to Reply # 0

I agree with what you said, this should be a respectful community where newbies can pick up some tricks from the more experienced, where the more experienced beatmakers/producers may still learn a trick or two or get hints on improving their skills, where ideas can be shared, where people help each other get over some humps in their production game and where creativity gets sparked and not bashed.

Let's treat the installment of this board with respect so that Jay Dee can be proud of the way this turned from a mournful R.I.P. board into a place celebrating the art of making dope music.

willi_dudat
Member since Jul 26th 2005
8272 posts
Thu May-18-06 04:55 PM

"^^^TRUTH SPOKEN^^^"

AMEN BROTHER...

after how hard folks fought and asked/begged/pleaded for a producer's forum, the last thing i/anyone should want is a "the lesson: part duex"...

let's keep it civil... lawful and legal (c) reh'm x

over and out
du

"It's the return of the gangsta, thanks ta..."

-du

willi_dudat
8272 posts

"^^^TRUTH SPOKEN^^^"
Thu May-18-06 04:56 PM by willi_dudat

AMEN BROTHER...

TWO TIMES

over and out
du

-du

willi_dudat
8272 posts

5. "^^^TRUTH SPOKEN^^^"
In response to Reply # 0
Thu May-18-06 04:57 PM by willi_dudat

AMEN BROTHER...

THREE TIMES

over and out
du

-du

buildingblock
Charter member
100000 posts
Fri May-19-06 05:25 AM

Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profileClick to add this author to your buddy list
6. "up"
In response to Reply # 0

...a child is born with no state of mind, blind to the ways of mankind, god is smilin' on you and frownin' too, because only god knows what you gonna do...©melle mel

zaire
Member since Aug 17th 2003
2533 posts
Fri May-19-06 12:09 PM

Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profileClick to add this author to your buddy listClick to send message via AOL IM
7. "I agree, with these kind of tastes, this should be a good forum"
In response to Reply # 0

ansomble
Member since Nov 30th 2005
33508 posts
Fri May-19-06 03:22 PM

8. "This really does need to be anchored. Really, really."
In response to Reply # 0

Also you said Invocation and Common in the same sentence. I'm that hip hop nerd that would notice. lol

☺☻

"i'm doing good, can i put my face in your buttcrack?" (c) P.Inf

"frankly, I think it's foolish to have a cat or a baby, but whatever" (c) veritas

@kingofthings

3 dots
Member since Jan 24th 2004
1080 posts
Fri May-19-06 04:12 PM

9. "Yes."
In response to Reply # 0

Eternal respect and love to J Dilla.

Let's do it right, y'all.

http://www.myspace.com/thebluestorm

danthrax
Member since Mar 31st 2003
3719 posts
Sat May-20-06 12:20 PM

10. "i'll try not to be negative, just for one post"
In response to Reply # 0

we'll try, homie. i can say that much.

themn
Member since Apr 21st 2005
5667 posts
Mon May-22-06 05:53 PM

11. "Very well said"
In response to Reply # 0

"Mellor, lovely cushioned header, for GERAAAAAAARAAD AAAAAH YA BEAUTY !!! WHAT A HIT SON, WHAT A HIT !!!!!!"

Lobby Make The Music topic #5262 Previous topic | Next topic