Printer-friendly copy Email this topic to a friend
Lobby Make The Music topic #5053

Subject: "Logic Pro 7 or ......." Previous topic | Next topic
Earl Grey
Member since Mar 27th 2006
403 posts
Wed May-17-06 05:54 PM

Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profileClick to add this author to your buddy list
"Logic Pro 7 or ......."

Ok here's the deal, I've been making beats for a few years now and I've been basically using only my trusty MPC 2000. I'd create everything off the MP and then have my boy mix it and burn it using Cubase. I realized that nobody can mix/master the shit the way I like it so now I'm looking for my own software. I have a mac (one of my frat bros. works for apple and I get a discount) and was thinking about getting Logic Pro 7 but I keep hearing that it has a high learning curve. I'm looking for something that will give my tracks that crisp quality sound, but I also want something that won't require me to get my phd in DAW's. Any suggestions???

http://theprincipleofpleasure.blogspot.com/

Printer-friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote | Top

Topic Outline
Subject Author Message Date ID
RE: Logic Pro 7 or .......
May 17th 2006
Are you THEE Earl Grey?
May 17th 2006
RE: Are you THEE Earl Grey?
May 18th 2006
May 21st 2006
May 21st 2006
May 22nd 2006

LANSTARR
Member since Jan 04th 2003
418 posts
Wed May-17-06 09:10 PM

Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profileClick to add this author to your buddy listClick to send message via AOL IM
1. "RE: Logic Pro 7 or ......."
In response to Reply # 0

Yell yeah Logic has a steep learning curve. I demoed it once back when it was still available for PC and I didn't know what the fuck I was doing! But, from what I hear, once you learn it, and you get your environment customized, I hear it is dope as hell. Another good one for the mac is Motu Digital Performer.

(((BEATS BY LANSTARR)))

www.lanstarr.com
www.dirtybathwater.com
www.myspace.com/lanstarr

Allah
Charter member
47756 posts
Wed May-17-06 09:20 PM

Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profileClick to add this author to your buddy listClick to send message via AOL IM
2. "Are you THEE Earl Grey?"
In response to Reply # 0

you have some vinyl out right?

http://www.facebook.com/divineruler
__gigs__
__stuff__

Earl Grey
403 posts
Thu May-18-06 03:52 PM

Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profileClick to add this author to your buddy list
3. "RE: Are you THEE Earl Grey?"
In response to Reply # 2

Actually nah, I'm not THEE Earl Grey, but still need some suggestions on what software provides the best quality/user friendliness besides Logic Pro 7. C'mon folks, we're supposed to be helping each other remember, lol.

jazidup
Member since Mar 30th 2005
72 posts
Sun May-21-06 12:21 PM

4. "RE: Logic Pro 7 or ......."
In response to Reply # 0

Logic is dope!! Lots to learn yes, but extremely powerful and limitless. Not sure if anyone knows everything possible with it. You can always get Logic express and then upgrade. Plus its got good user forums for all your questions @ logicprohelp.com and apple has one too. even syncs with your mpc!!

respectamundos

www.myspace.com/jazidup

hayes79
Member since Jul 20th 2005
25 posts
Sun May-21-06 03:03 PM

5. "RE: Logic Pro 7 or ......."
In response to Reply # 0

I have used both Logic and Pro Tools. But Im a PT user now and it doesnt look like Im gonna change any time soon. I think that it depends on what your main objective is. If you are trying to do alot of midi, Logic is your pick,definitely. If you do alot of editing, Pro Tools is the best out there and is gonna be the most easily transferred to people you deal with (as it is the standard). But it sounds like all you need is something to track out the mp onto, so it probobly doesnt matter, as either Logic and PT can provide top notch mixing capabilities. PT is much easier to learn, but Logic IS very powerful when you get over that curve. And cubase's audio engine is garbage. Upgrade to PT or Logic asap. Hope this helps. Any more questions, specific stuff, hit me at:
www.myspace.com/eyesbeats.

Earl Grey
403 posts
Mon May-22-06 12:51 PM

6. "RE: Logic Pro 7 or ......."
In response to Reply # 5

Thanks alot for the feedback folks. I think I'ma roll with Logic after all. I just put in a week off from work so I can dedicate as much time as possible to learning the basics.

Lobby Make The Music topic #5053 Previous topic | Next topic