Printer-friendly copy Email this topic to a friend
Lobby Make The Music topic #49479

Subject: "y'all ever pawn your gear?" Previous topic | Next topic
PG
Charter member
42568 posts
Fri May-08-15 06:34 PM

Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profileClick to add this author to your buddy list
"y'all ever pawn your gear?"

I gotta go get my bass and amp outta hawk...

I find that while it can suck to need to do it, it is a great thing to have enough gear that you can in a pinch if circumstances require as much...

and.. you know..

If it ain't been in a pawn shop it can't play the blues... that said I buy most of my gear from the pawnbroker as well... fricking racket.. good thing my pawnbroker is an old friend and bandmate <--- a great connection to have as he always came up with great deals on killer gear.

but nevermind all that.. don't pawn your shit kids the interest rates are murder.

Printer-friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote | Top

Topic Outline
Subject Author Message Date ID
oh you all constantly flush like that huh?.. must be nice.
May 14th 2015
I tried to.
May 14th 2015
oh yeah no... don't sell them your stuff
May 15th 2015
I Had A Friend Who Has Been Doing It For 30 Years
May 18th 2015
music is a helluva drug
May 19th 2015

PG
Charter member
42568 posts
Thu May-14-15 01:14 PM

Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profileClick to add this author to your buddy list
1. "oh you all constantly flush like that huh?.. must be nice."
In response to Reply # 0

JFrost1117
Member since Aug 12th 2005
23877 posts
Thu May-14-15 08:01 PM

2. "I tried to."
In response to Reply # 0

It was such a disrespectful low-ball, I've never tried again.

Yes! She's on the drugs. (c) BoHagon

PG
Charter member
42568 posts
Fri May-15-15 04:30 PM

3. "oh yeah no... don't sell them your stuff"
In response to Reply # 2

I'm talking strictly for temporary liquid... I always get the gear back... yeah if you want to sell your stuff there are a million better options than your local pawnbroker.

Dj Joey Joe
Member since Sep 01st 2007
13770 posts
Mon May-18-15 09:43 PM

Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profileClick to add this author to your buddy list
4. "I Had A Friend Who Has Been Doing It For 30 Years"
In response to Reply # 0

I met him back in the '90's but from all the stories & family members who tell me what he's owned at one point & time (plus the disks he still has from different machines), come to find out he's been buying, pawning, loosing, and re-buying every piece of producer's could dream of samplers to drum machines wish they had a chance to own... he's owned it.

From reel to reels, 4-track, 8 track, from the SP12 to 1200, to roland joints, the TR-808, to the MPC 60, the S900, the ASR-10, EPS, to a Korg Triton (which he let me borrow for 2 months and I gave it back to him cause I was too busy learning the MPC2XL, he lost it in pawn a month later), then he got into real instruments like a 8 piece drum kit, and he even had Protools & Fruity Loops but sold the programs & discs to friends for cash months later, the list goes on & on, he's lost it all in pawn, I think he's both something recently but I think it's something he owned before or probably one of his own joints.

Never understood why he does it but I do know he's a genius when working these machines, he learns how to work them in like a day or two and by then he's already making beats; he just keeps buying stuff before paying his bills and ends up right back at the pawn shop.

https://tinyurl.com/y4ba6hog

---------
"We in here talking about later career Prince records
& your fool ass is cruising around in a time machine
trying to collect props for a couple of sociopathic degenerates" - s.blak

PG
Charter member
42568 posts
Tue May-19-15 06:36 PM

5. "music is a helluva drug"
In response to Reply # 4

Lobby Make The Music topic #49479 Previous topic | Next topic