Printer-friendly copy Email this topic to a friend
Lobby Make The Music topic #35676

Subject: "I want to critique your music (no bullshit approach)..." Previous topic | Next topic
BarTek
Member since Nov 10th 2002
51250 posts
Tue Apr-01-08 02:16 PM

Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profileClick to add this author to your buddy list
"I want to critique your music (no bullshit approach)..."
Tue Apr-01-08 02:34 PM by BarTek

hi producers... i want to listen to your best and tell you if you got it or not. ready to hear the unfiltered truth? don't worry... i won't be hating for the sake of hating... i have a good ear and i want to help out... what you will get with my critique, is..

no.1 - someone actually wants to listen to your beats.
no.2 - I'm not your girlfriend meaning i won't love it because you're my boo.
no.3 - i am definitely not a yes man.
no.4 - i will give you a break down of your strength's and weaknesses...
no.5 - i will offer some advise, you can choose to accept it or not...
no.6 - i will let you know if i think you got what it takes to make cakes...
no.7 - most importantly. i will let you know if you have real, innovative talent... remember that big debate we had? yup...

@}-,-`-

Printer-friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote | Top

Topic Outline
Subject Author Message Date ID
my latest beattape:
Apr 01st 2008
okay, listening now...
Apr 01st 2008
okay... vahe...
Apr 01st 2008
A couple demos
Apr 01st 2008
i have a question before i continue...
Apr 01st 2008
      Just me
Apr 01st 2008
           RE: Just me
Apr 01st 2008
                I have to ask
Apr 01st 2008
                     RE: well....
Apr 01st 2008
                          RE: well....
Apr 02nd 2008
bwuahahha. bartek tells you if you "have what it takes"?
Apr 01st 2008
you don't need to be here.... you can take your leave now...
Apr 01st 2008
i'll be where i please, thank you very much
Apr 01st 2008
basically :)
Apr 01st 2008
      if he wanted to critique tracks, there is a whole thread for that
Apr 01st 2008
           its really sad how obsessed with me you are... sheesh....
Apr 01st 2008
                cause i'm hiding in yuor bushes. i actually have a bartek hairdoll
Apr 01st 2008
RE: I want to critique your music (no bullshit approach)...
Apr 01st 2008
very nice...
Apr 10th 2008
very dope man
Apr 10th 2008
(no bullshit approach)...
Apr 01st 2008
btw....
Apr 01st 2008
he has no resume. he's delusional.
Apr 01st 2008
      RE: he has no resume. he's delusional.
Apr 03rd 2008
bwuahahah bartek hits up my aim in frustration=L
Apr 01st 2008
Apr 01st 2008
okay... i listened to these several times over 2 days...
Apr 03rd 2008
Okay, Tek. Have a go at it:
Apr 02nd 2008
RE: Okay, Tek. Have a go at it:
Apr 03rd 2008
      admittedly the last two of your points are the hardest part
Apr 04th 2008
           start here fam.... use the internet....
Apr 04th 2008
                prolly doing....
Apr 07th 2008
Apr 02nd 2008
Apr 03rd 2008
Apr 04th 2008
Sure!
Apr 03rd 2008
okay...
Apr 10th 2008
      Thanks for taking the time to do this.
Apr 10th 2008
           yeh ur shit is dope
May 28th 2008
are these "beats" good?
Apr 03rd 2008
first of all, is that you rapping??
Apr 10th 2008
Apr 10th 2008
           dag that review certainly got me to check it out
Apr 10th 2008
i dont care if your simon cowell or not...lol
Apr 03rd 2008
RE: i dont care if your simon cowell or not...lol
May 04th 2008
sure
Apr 03rd 2008
Apr 03rd 2008
Apr 03rd 2008
oh shit, its the u.k version of kweli
May 04th 2008
Apr 03rd 2008
Apr 03rd 2008
Apr 04th 2008
check my myspace
Apr 04th 2008
Of course I want my stuff critiqued...
Apr 05th 2008
i have a couple tracks from my album on my myspace...
Apr 07th 2008
hey guys, the rest of the reviews to come tomorrow....
Apr 07th 2008
Apr 09th 2008
I'm down
Apr 09th 2008
Apr 09th 2008
Apr 10th 2008
i lol'd @ the last point but go on then
Apr 10th 2008
Alright shoot,
Apr 10th 2008
fuck it, since you reached out to me on your shit, i'll roll with it
Apr 23rd 2008
Cool
Apr 23rd 2008
Apr 23rd 2008
I did... i've been overhwlemed at work but it's clearing up...
Apr 23rd 2008
Check out my tracks...
Apr 24th 2008
Aight Tek...here are 2 of mine and 1 of my boy's that I produced
Apr 24th 2008
peep le myspace..
Apr 24th 2008
Apr 24th 2008
Apr 26th 2008
May 01st 2008
I am up for critique
May 01st 2008
RE: I am up for critique
May 15th 2008
http://www.myspace.com/32ndnotesmusicgroup
May 15th 2008
RE: http://www.myspace.com/32ndnotesmusicgroup
May 16th 2008
      RE: http://www.myspace.com/32ndnotesmusicgroup
May 20th 2008
May 16th 2008
we are down for your opinion
May 19th 2008
D Fresh - Black Mask, Black Gloves (prod. by D Fresh)
May 20th 2008
RE: D Fresh - Black Mask, Black Gloves (prod. by D Fresh)
May 28th 2008
May 22nd 2008
May 22nd 2008
May 24th 2008
Have at it, my friend!
May 24th 2008
jayech, critique my beats no bullshit.
May 27th 2008
May 30th 2008
Go for it
May 30th 2008

araQual
Charter member
42162 posts
Tue Apr-01-08 02:33 PM

Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profileClick to add this author to your buddy list
1. "my latest beattape:"
In response to Reply # 0

http://www.zshare.net/download/6613336570333b/

have at it.

V.

---
http://confessionsofacurlymind.com
https://soundcloud.com/confessionsofacurlymindredux
https://soundcloud.com/generic80sbadguy
https://soundcloud.com/miles_matheson

DROkayplayerâ„¢

BarTek
51250 posts
Tue Apr-01-08 06:19 PM

Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profileClick to add this author to your buddy list
13. "okay, listening now..."
In response to Reply # 1

@}-,-`-

BarTek
51250 posts
Tue Apr-01-08 07:10 PM

16. "okay... vahe..."
In response to Reply # 1

first of all, huge props to you for putting this project together... it takes a lot of time and dedication to do this and i definitely think your heart is where it should be... above all, your beattape suggests that you have a great ear for several things...

1. your drums are on point throughout... crisp, hard hitting... nice patterns, ranging from old school to new school programming... my only suggestion is to lower the levels a little bit on a few tracks where the drums become over bearing... a good artist knows when to use loud drums and when to use softer drums... you have to keep the sample you are using in mind... for example, multiple arrangements of horns need hard hitting and loud drums to pierce through all that sound... however, softer samples, say... perhaps a rhodes, or a flute... don't need to shake your ear drums as much... i know this is hop hop, and just because it's hip hop it does not mean that your drums need to be loud... overall, it sounds like you put a lot of care into your drums which i respect tremendously... you have a solid skeleton to flesh your beats out on... not an easy task... my head is nodding all the way through... props for drums even though they are way too loud at times...

2. i dig your bass lines... it sounds like you sample a lot of jazz records because of how clean the bass is... you did a great job of blending the bass with the drums.. its in time... compliments the patterns, and so forth.... however, at times... they are a little too rigid... meaning... i can hear them much too clearly... and it sounds like they thud a bit... try to make them warmer.. a little less pronounced... you want your bass to compliment the drums and the sample you use... in one fluid paint stroke... you ever fall asleep and had the sun on your face? you know it's nice and warm, pleasant but not too hot... that's how i think of great bass lines...

3. another great strength you have is picking samples... seriously, some of them i love to death... really beautiful sounding stuff... but.. and here is where i think some of your weakness lies...

it doesn't necessarily sound like you know what you are doing with them all the time, don't get me wrong, in some of the beats you pulled it off rather nicely.. and those are beats i could hear being used by high caliber emcee's... as far as most of the others, i heard you do a lot of standard things... such as slapping one filter on your sample in the verse.. umm.. i mean, that's okay... but not very original or inspiring... also, sometimes it sounds a bit repetitive... it doesn't move me to hear it... your best sample usage is on solaris in my opinion... this is a hell of a lovely beat... huge props for this one... everything is working for me... the drums, bass, and sample... nice!

essentially, i was pleasantly surprised with your beat tape... do you have what it takes? that is a big emphatic yes... are you there yet? no... not yet... in my opinion... you have to push your head outside of the hip hop beat box and listen to your beats as a musician... not as a beat maker... oh yeah, i also liked that you used samples from such a vast array of music... props... nothing i hate more than hearing 20 beats that use nothing but soul samples... shudder... and props to you for not using so many horns.. in fact, i don't really recall hearing any.... so.. to recap... you got a lot of talent... at the moment, if you paired up with another producer with a strength for chopping samples, y'all could bang out some incredible beats... however, if you want to do it alone... focus your energy on getting creative with your samples.. making sure that shit is fluid, dynamic and expressive... do you sound like a typical myspace producer? no... you sound like you belong in the world of music making.. keep it up... i digs.

oh yeah, i forgot to mention.... emcees that come to mind when listening to your beat tapes... aceyalone, del, jeru... cats with a lot of swing and a lot of old school flavor... peace

@}-,-`-

Key
Member since Aug 07th 2002
2715 posts
Tue Apr-01-08 02:34 PM

Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profileClick to add this author to your buddy listClick to send message via AOL IM
2. "A couple demos"
In response to Reply # 0

http://www.zshare.net/audio/991300967dd0e7/
http://www.zshare.net/audio/9913065d8d6590/

Still need a final mix down and maybe some overdubs so maybe a little rough around the edges but whateva let me know.

BarTek
51250 posts
Tue Apr-01-08 07:39 PM

17. "i have a question before i continue..."
In response to Reply # 2

is this a band i'm hearing or is this all arranged by you?

@}-,-`-

Key
2715 posts
Tue Apr-01-08 08:16 PM

Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profileClick to add this author to your buddy listClick to send message via AOL IM
18. "Just me"
In response to Reply # 17

Both songs are me on Guitar, Bass, Drum Programming and Samples

and FYI Kay Sara is all guitar - no keyboards. Me doing my best Leslie B-3 imitation and some electric key imitation on guitar

BarTek
51250 posts
Tue Apr-01-08 09:11 PM

20. "RE: Just me"
In response to Reply # 18

>Both songs are me on Guitar, Bass, Drum Programming and
>Samples
>
>and FYI Kay Sara is all guitar - no keyboards. Me doing my
>best Leslie B-3 imitation and some electric key imitation on
>guitar

cool, you sound like Buddha Bar on acid to me... okay.. the only reason i asked if you were a band is because of the drums.. this is why..

they sound very synthetic on u.r. zen locke... it actually sounds like a preset.. shrug... it really takes a way from the smooth organic sound in your composition... almost sounds jarring to be honest... i really don't like those drums... and that's only because of how much i dig your actual playing/song writing talent... i think you could use a real live drummer... it would really add a human element to your songs...

on a side note...the snippet at the end of zen locke... i think that would make a fantastic hip hop beat... the snippet at the end of kay sara has a nice dirty, funky feel to it... guitar sounds good.. although i would work on my scales and bust out a solo to add more depth and emotion... imagine a mind melting funk solo instead of just strumming noise.. even though it sounds cool you could take that snippet and really give it a lot of life as a song.. in my opinion, by taking those steps your audience will be able to relate emotionally and that's what separates the best from the average.. music has got to make you feel something... if you can create that connection you have yourself a winning formula... i think you have all the puzzle pieces excluding the drums... it does not match the level of your own composition which is kind of ironic but maybe that's not where your best talent lies... finally... study scales and learn to really solo... don't just sound things out... i really want to hear you take the guitar somewhere interesting... you can do it...

finally... to be quite honest with you... you mentioned that you did not do a final mix down... ok, so i'll say this with that in mind... the mix on kay sara as is right now is very bad... it sounds very muddy.. like you put a boom box on max loud and buried it in mud... i can hear it but i'm having trouble picking out the different elements... the mix on zen locke is much better...

overall, i think you are a very talented musician... keep doing this because you have a lot of great potential to make a good living. having a multitude of skills really opens the door to a great career in music and i think you can do it. as it is now, you may not be the most ground breaking artist/performer.. but you are definitely on the way to being a top notch recording artist.. peace out...

@}-,-`-

Key
2715 posts
Tue Apr-01-08 09:42 PM

21. "I have to ask"
In response to Reply # 20
Tue Apr-01-08 09:46 PM by Key

What type of speakers are you listening on and what would you consider to be a perfectly mixed album? I find most people listen to music on monitors that lack high end, so mastering engineers will jack the high end up really high to compensate - I HATE THAT!! it kills my ears.

My speakers have a very flat response compared to most peoples so my unmastered tracks will have to be turned up really loud before the high end kicks in.

And, yeah I know some scales man, but I prefered the noise I came up with *shrugs*. I personally hate solos that are too tasteful and don't let go enough. But I could have easily gone the other way with that ending for sure.

Yeah, I'd say drums are sort of my weakness. It's hard for me to find my balance with what I want. I'm in between a normal drummer and a hip hop drummer and I never really know which way I should lean sometimes when I program.

Anyway thanks for listening. I think you are pretty much on point with the critique, the speaker thing is just something to consider - because some people hate the inverse which is a mix with way too much high end. Thanks
peace

BarTek
51250 posts
Tue Apr-01-08 10:23 PM

22. "RE: well...."
In response to Reply # 21

I find most people
>listen to music on monitors that lack high end, so mastering
>engineers will jack the high end up really high to compensate
>- I HATE THAT!! it kills my ears.
>
>My speakers have a very flat response compared to most peoples
>so my unmastered tracks will have to be turned up really loud
>before the high end kicks in.

i used regular stereo speakers to listen to your songs... i've heard a good tip that car's are good places to test out your music as stock model's have a very universal eq setting... but besides that... i don't think you should worry about that so much... i think you can work it out without changing your speakers.. basically, try to give each instrument or track you use an individual place in the mix...

for example, using 3 or 4 tracks, with a centered position, with the same levels... will produce a a type of noise... that's what gives songs that muddled sound... ways to avoid that is to change the master levels of each track.. position them away from each other...

listen to sgt. peppers by the beatles with headphones and listen to only the right ear, and then only the left ear and you'll notice a lot of interesting things going on... that together produces a centered sound that isn't really centered... it's an art, that's why mixing and mastering is so essential in the final product, it makes all the difference...

there are so many frequencies building up unnecessarily and a good sound engineer knows how to position each track/instrument in a way as to avoid noise, enhance clarity, depth, and identity to each of the sounds... when it is all played together.. the song sounds that much better as each has a voice like a choir... you have your lows and your highs... standing exactly where they are supposed to and so on... its basically a science and sometimes requires more of the mind than the ear...

>what would you consider to be a perfectly mixed album?

I would say that Pink Floyd - Animals is the most perfectly mixed album I have ever heard. The way one instrument bleeds into another, the harmony that is produced, and how smooth the sound scape is... its like silk in my ears. Next I would say Sgt. Peppers by the Beatles, and then I'd say Electric Ladyland by Jimi Hendrix.. then I would say What's Goin on by Marvin Gaye...

>
>And, yeah I know some scales man, but I prefered the noise I
>came up with *shrugs*. I personally hate solos that are too
>tasteful and don't let go enough. But I could have easily gone
>the other way with that ending for sure.
>

Try mixing the two.. make some noise, add a few notes, sustain.. throw in some noise.. and keep going... get nasty with it. if you want to see getting crazy like that at its best, check this out... esp starting at the 1:15 mark...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yT8sJn_GlHU

>Anyway thanks for listening. I think you are pretty much on
>point with the critique, the speaker thing is just something
>to consider - because some people hate the inverse which is a
>mix with way too much high end. Thanks
>peace
>

You can definitely find balance with the mix.. I dig your music, peace.

@}-,-`-

Key
2715 posts
Wed Apr-02-08 12:02 AM

23. "RE: well...."
In response to Reply # 22
Wed Apr-02-08 12:04 AM by Key

I think you misunderstood me. I'm saying my speakers are better than yours hehe

I personally just think I got a little crazy with the mixing. But I'm a firm believer in the first take usually being the best one. That was the first take of many. I ended up coming back the dissonant truly improvised solo over the more thought out ones. Some of the noise is also me overdoing some effects in post production that I need to mix more tastefully or re-attempt. Sometimes I can get really in depth with some of the tones and things that I'm using/shaping and it becomes difficult/complicated to mix. Anyway that is the rough track as I'm going to mix it. Anything I change or cleanup will be more in the mixing and bringing out the backing tracks better. Don't get me wrong I love the feedback I just never really take any advice or change anything on peoples recommendations. I have to do the music the way I want it. I am experimental by nature and truly experimental musicians do make mistakes, but the upside imo is well worth the downside. And it's not like I wasn't using scales on that. To my ears there are some very cool harmonies being brought out by the contrast of the chord progression and the chords I'm using in the solo. The tone is very dissonant though.

On Mixing. I like your picks but I guess I'm talking specific mastered pressings of CDs or records that you think are tonally balanced to perfection. I find that the picks of Okayplayer are usually what an "audiophile" board like Steve Hoffman's would pick as being the absolute worst mastered cds. CDs that are compressed and have the eq jacked up in the high end for sub par listening systems including CARS - never mix exclusively for a car mix just don't. There is a bit of science to mixing and mastering and it is contigent upon you haveing a playback system with a *FLAT* frequency response. Most cars have hyped up bass and no high end. Most home systems have very weak mids and hyped up highs and lows. Most high end studio monitors are flat as a board when you sit in the proper listening position. I'd say that about 70-90 percent of the general public listens to stereo *improperly*. And about 60 percent of them are actually listening to monoaural via an improperly setup stereo. Pefectly balanced recordings are generally reviewed as being "muddy" or heavy in the mids because people will listen to these recordings on non-audiophile playback systems. So something that is perfectly mixed often comes off as lackluster to people just using a car stereo or home setup. Really it is mixed wrong imo - the bassy mids are too high and overload most speakers the way it is. But when you hear people say muddy it is usually a tell tale sign of a speaker system with weak highs.

Anyway that's my rant . Thanks for the feedback again. I really do get where you are coming from on all of your points.

Cold Truth
Member since Jan 28th 2004
44843 posts
Tue Apr-01-08 02:53 PM

3. "bwuahahha. bartek tells you if you "have what it takes"?"
In response to Reply # 0

you simon cowell now?

yes, we remember that last post. 90% of the people who responded completely disagreed with you.

this should be interesting though
i'm ready for a great laugh

-Sig-

“Why didn’t you do this in your own god damn country?"

-All Stah's view on undocumented immigrants wanting to be treated like human beings.

BarTek
51250 posts
Tue Apr-01-08 02:55 PM

4. "you don't need to be here.... you can take your leave now..."
In response to Reply # 3

@}-,-`-

Cold Truth
44843 posts
Tue Apr-01-08 04:34 PM

9. "i'll be where i please, thank you very much"
In response to Reply # 4
Tue Apr-01-08 04:37 PM by Cold Truth

i'm settin up a lawn chair with an ice chest in this piece. have an apple.

-Sig-

-All Stah's view on undocumented immigrants wanting to be treated like human beings.

Key
2715 posts
Tue Apr-01-08 03:13 PM

6. "basically :)"
In response to Reply # 3

I'm not doing this blindly, I think I remember a post where he pretty much gave everyone 1 out of 5 stars

Cold Truth
44843 posts
Tue Apr-01-08 04:42 PM

11. "if he wanted to critique tracks, there is a whole thread for that"
In response to Reply # 6

>I'm not doing this blindly, I think I remember a post where
>he pretty much gave everyone 1 out of 5 stars

no reason for this outside of self promotion

aside from that, he has already said he cant stand myspace artists and bedroom producers, so what would be the point?

-Sig-

BarTek
51250 posts
Tue Apr-01-08 06:11 PM

12. "its really sad how obsessed with me you are... sheesh...."
In response to Reply # 11

i am not the first person on the site to say this to you... seek help man... seek help. you are borderline scaring me now...

@}-,-`-

Cold Truth
44843 posts
Tue Apr-01-08 06:34 PM

15. "cause i'm hiding in yuor bushes. i actually have a bartek hairdoll"
In response to Reply # 12

feel important now?

-Sig-

LobbyFunkster
Charter member
899 posts
Tue Apr-01-08 03:05 PM

Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profileClick to add this author to your buddy list
5. "RE: I want to critique your music (no bullshit approach)..."
In response to Reply # 0

www.kebomusic.com
www.myspace.com\kebomusic

I wrote all the music, vocals and lyrics are the artists.

----------
Kebomusic Presents: The Soul Prototype
The Debut Digital EP - AVAILABLE NOW ON iTUNES!

www.kebomusic.com
www.twitter.com/kebomusic
www.facebook.com/kebomusic
www.myspace.com/kebomusic

BarTek
51250 posts
Thu Apr-10-08 11:22 AM

51. "very nice..."
In response to Reply # 5

to be honest, i usually can't stand r&b and soul but i have to say that i enjoyed your tracks.... you have all the makings of a good producer... i'd say at this point it would make a lot of sense for you to seek out artists and get on as many projects as possible... i really like how creative you get with your "musical ad-libs"... it's the little things you do in the mix that feel like spices on the flesh on the beat... you know what I mean... keep doing that... it brings a nice element to an otherwise solid beat... i don't think you have any major weakness, it seems like you know what you are doing, however... i think you can definitely push yourself further...

for the most part, your music is safe... i think you have the ability to get on the radio if you work with the right artist, however. i'd like to hear you get a bit experimental with your style... think outside of the box... perhaps you could introduce elements from other genre's, or do something funky with the eq on the instrumentation... as i mentioned up top, you do get creative with the elements you add but i really think you can take it further... i hope this makes sense... overall, you are a talented producer and i think you have a bright future with music... peace

@}-,-`-

MicheleQJ
Charter member
5380 posts
Thu Apr-10-08 02:33 PM

Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profileClick to add this author to your buddy listClick to send message via AOL IM
55. "very dope man"
In response to Reply # 5

feelin it all around

http://myspace.com/139003080
http://www.last.fm/user/micheleqj/
http://myspace.com/alluswe
http://myspace.com/fermentedspirits
http://www.last.fm/music/Alluswe

arsonwells
Member since Jan 25th 2008
75 posts
Tue Apr-01-08 03:43 PM

7. "(no bullshit approach)..."
In response to Reply # 0

before i post my link...what's your resume? how do you know if we have "real, innovative talent"? or if we "got what it takes to make cakes"? do you write for a pub? if so which one(s)? and for how long? or are you an artist? how many records have you put out? how have they faired on radio/press/sales? are you an A&R? for what label? or a producer? if so, who have you produced? what producers have u worked with? are you award winning? grammy nominated? how and why is your opinion greater to any other joe schmoe that happens to hear our music?

www.myspace.com/123onthree

arsonwells
Member since Jan 25th 2008
75 posts
Tue Apr-01-08 03:47 PM

8. "btw...."
In response to Reply # 7
Tue Apr-01-08 03:48 PM by arsonwells

that link in my sig is a link to music...but thats not what i would want critiqued. thats just a side project for fun that is more or less a joke. but you can critique it if you want.

www.myspace.com/123onthree

Cold Truth
44843 posts
Tue Apr-01-08 04:36 PM

10. "he has no resume. he's delusional."
In response to Reply # 7

>before i post my link...what's your resume? how do you know
>if we have "real, innovative talent"? or if we "got what it
>takes to make cakes"? do you write for a pub? if so which
>one(s)? and for how long? or are you an artist? how many
>records have you put out? how have they faired on
>radio/press/sales? are you an A&R? for what label? or a
>producer? if so, who have you produced? what producers have u
>worked with? are you award winning? grammy nominated? how and
>why is your opinion greater to any other joe schmoe that
>happens to hear our music?

-Sig-

Cosign was RoyDotDee
Member since Mar 07th 2007
128 posts
Thu Apr-03-08 09:32 PM

35. "RE: he has no resume. he's delusional."
In response to Reply # 10

he really is...hahah....checkout his "For the Love of Holy Moly"....post....ahahahaa

Cold Truth
44843 posts
Tue Apr-01-08 06:32 PM

14. "bwuahahah bartek hits up my aim in frustration=L"
In response to Reply # 0
Tue Apr-01-08 06:33 PM by Cold Truth

bartekmc (4:32:14 PM): dude, want me to send you a pic of me? it will go well in your BarTek shrine... lol... you big douchebag you. keep uppping my post dumbie... smh
ColdTruth23 (4:32:20 PM): IES IF HE IS PISING EVERYONE OFF
ColdTruth23 (4:32:28 PM): huh?
ColdTruth23 (4:32:38 PM): sure, why not
ColdTruth23 (4:32:47 PM): i can make a voodoo doll while im at it
bartekmc (4:33:02 PM): smh... anyways..... later

-Sig-

QBoogie
Member since Jun 05th 2002
5885 posts
Tue Apr-01-08 08:40 PM

19. "RE: I want to critique your music (no bullshit approach)..."
In response to Reply # 0

Bartek check out my mans stuff lemme know what you think ... thanks in advance:

http://www.myspace.com/sspsoundz

and

http://www.zshare.net/audio/86927543dbef49/

BarTek
51250 posts
Thu Apr-03-08 09:14 PM

34. "okay... i listened to these several times over 2 days..."
In response to Reply # 19

...good vision/imagination... none of the beats sound like each other, the versatility is definitely a plus, also a pretty good ear... suggestions...

as good as the ideas are execution is always key. overall, everything sounds a bit synthetic... i don't hear organic hip hop.. where is the blood, the flesh? i wanna know this shit is alive... at the moment... it's sounding too .. hmm.. computer like... also, the way the samples were used was a bit too repetitive... constant stabs of the same sounds become excessive.. a good producer can mix it up while retaining the note/harmony of the beat... you really have to flex your ear here... get really creative... use your skills to make sure that shit is in tune and in sync.. there is a difference between stabbing a sample because it sounds good, and because it adds something artistic to the beat.. something with more merit than just sounding good you know.. it's gotta make you feel something too... that is critical in my opinion... can he make it? at the moment... too early to tell.. i hope so.. but your boy has got to get loose and organic.. to be honest.. it could definitely be a lot better.. especially with the vision your boy has got.. in this case that's not the problem.. execution is part of everything. peace

@}-,-`-

ChuckFoPrez
Charter member
47859 posts
Wed Apr-02-08 07:03 AM

24. "Okay, Tek. Have a go at it:"
In response to Reply # 0

http://www.myspace.com/steeltowncrew

https://twitter.com/chuck4prez

BarTek
51250 posts
Thu Apr-03-08 09:39 PM

36. "RE: Okay, Tek. Have a go at it:"
In response to Reply # 24

Your music is dope... It sounds like you have been doing this for a while.. especially because your music, for the most part, sounds really full bodied... I like that I hear a wide range of frequencies.. from bass to treble, you paint a really nice sound scape...

The lyrics are easy to focus on and I can still enjoy the atmosphere you drop with your sounds... Everything has it's place and that's not where I think you need as much growth...

I think you know what you are doing with samples, drums.. and so forth... the technical arrangement is definitely there... What I'd like to hear you do is tie it all together.. like a shoelace.. uniform... in some cases you could bring your samples up, or your drums a litlte bit down.. and push it all up on your master mix via compressor or eq... If I am getting a chocolate donut, I want all of it to be covered in chocolate you dig? not just a part of it... on a side note, that's partly why Dilla's Donuts is so exceptional... it's all a perfect harmonious blend of technical skill and ear, that album sounds like the perfect dozen, everything works together and compliments the next track. Finally... overall, I think your mix has a bit too much "esss" in the treble...

Can you make it? I think so.. get cracking with emcee's you know and start building your own unique projects... You have a lot of experience and talent, it's a good time to start creating that identity for yourself with emcee's that you can work with in the studio... Peace

@}-,-`-

ChuckFoPrez
Charter member
47859 posts
Fri Apr-04-08 11:09 AM

39. "admittedly the last two of your points are the hardest part"
In response to Reply # 36

over the past year i've been trying to learn how to get a quality mixdown and mastering and that's a process that will still go on. speaking of, i miss having the studio time i had a year ago but i learned a lot from my time there for sure.

as for getting emcees together and working on projects, that's another hard part, which is why me and the crew are going to focus first on remixing tracks and then hopefully build from there.

BarTek
51250 posts
Fri Apr-04-08 02:13 PM

42. "start here fam.... use the internet...."
In response to Reply # 39

>over the past year i've been trying to learn how to get a
>quality mixdown and mastering and that's a process that will
>still go on. speaking of, i miss having the studio time i had
>a year ago but i learned a lot from my time there for sure.
>

word... mixing and mastering is a key talent to have... i do think you have it chuck because you know exactly how to eq and position your sounds to fill the range of my speakers while retaining the clarity of vocals... not an easy thing to do.... however, getting it all to sound like it's in the same set is a bit trickier... i believe it comes with time and practice... you can def do it...

>as for getting emcees together and working on projects, that's
>another hard part, which is why me and the crew are going to
>focus first on remixing tracks and then hopefully build from
>there.

honestly... remix tracks will not really open doors in my opinion... just because everyone is doing it.. if i were you, i'd hit up some of the emcee's from these boards.. che grand, cats from tanya morgan, etc... peace!

@}-,-`-

ChuckFoPrez
Charter member
47859 posts
Mon Apr-07-08 01:29 PM

45. "prolly doing...."
In response to Reply # 42

a remix for TM, have a beat submitted for che's "Everything's Good Ugly" album whenever it comes out, working w/ a couple local emcees (an EP for a local cat named ID), trying to salvage all the lost beats from the Lunchboxxx 4 President album (lost in a hard disk crash)...so that's going, hopefully. Have a track w/ Vex feat. P.S. in the works, have two tracks on Nonameko's album (whenever that gets released) so things are out there, we'll see how it goes.

HeadNodda
Member since Dec 02nd 2004
2016 posts
Wed Apr-02-08 11:31 PM

25. "RE: I want to critique your music (no bullshit approach)..."
In response to Reply # 0

just check out the songs on the myspace

the earliest is the 50 cent joint is like 3 yrs old, the little brother is about 2, the "cold steel joint" and "Callin me HNodda Remix" are baout 1 yr old.

www.myspace.com/headnodda

---------------------------------
<----DAMN!
Straddling the Line Between Genius and Insanity

https://soundcloud.com/headnoddaproductions

BarTek
51250 posts
Thu Apr-03-08 08:58 PM

33. "RE: I want to critique your music (no bullshit approach)..."
In response to Reply # 25

alright... your ish is banging... i like your range.. you have a great ear for inspiring/moving samples, and the way you piece them together is sweetness son, loved that shit...

i would say that your transitions are excellent but sometimes a tad bit choppy... it's very rare though... i'm getting picky here because i wanna hear it as tight as possible.. keep that shit as smooth as possible...

okay, i think your strength is obvious, as far as weakness... i'd say that your drums need more punch, a bit more presence... the patterns are tight but you could push those drums a bit forward.. a little more umph and a little more snap... you know like nice dime, full bodied.. on top and on the bottom...

i don't see anything that could really hold you back... especially because you know how to take the beat places... that's what good producers do.. take you on a journey, and i hear a lot of vision in your sound.. peace

@}-,-`-

HeadNodda
Member since Dec 02nd 2004
2016 posts
Fri Apr-04-08 05:38 AM

38. "RE: I want to critique your music (no bullshit approach)..."
In response to Reply # 33

thanks for the good words, appericated it. yeah, i am def trying to improve the drum work.

---------------------------------
<----DAMN!
Straddling the Line Between Genius and Insanity

https://soundcloud.com/headnoddaproductions

stankpalmer
Member since Dec 16th 2003
6840 posts
Thu Apr-03-08 02:36 AM

26. "Sure!"
In response to Reply # 0

Bee-low.

------
so...if you're into DJing or nightlife...
or DJing AND nightlife...
peep Opening Set Podcast
https://soundcloud.com/openingset

also remixes: http://jonreyes.bandcamp.com

@stankpalmer

BarTek
51250 posts
Thu Apr-10-08 11:54 AM

52. "okay..."
In response to Reply # 26

to begin with, i enjoyed your page... i heard a lot of great stuff... your sampling/chopping skills are way above average... it sounds like you have a great ear for good music... where I think you could take monumental strides is your drums... they sound a bit thin and way too programmed.. listen to The Roots, those are the types of drums you should be pursuing... also, i think you can get better with your mixing.. at times the vocals are way too loud as you are trying to compensate for the levels of the samples... if you learn how to pan and position your music, you will get a lot more clarity and find a lot more air in your mix to play with... that will give you a really nice full sound... at the moment, it sounds like you are packing a lot of meat in a box that is too small to contain it comfortably... it would help for you to read up on mixing/mastering techniques and to spend more time on your drums... they aren't bad but there is nothing special about them... i really think if you tighten up on those 2 areas you are going to make some certifiable bangers... overall, i respect your shit and i dig it...

@}-,-`-

stankpalmer
Member since Dec 16th 2003
6840 posts
Thu Apr-10-08 05:51 PM

57. "Thanks for taking the time to do this."
In response to Reply # 52

I appreciate the comments and criticism. I've heard similar notes about my drums as well and have been working on trying to fix em. More practice!

Thanks again

------
so...if you're into DJing or nightlife...
or DJing AND nightlife...
peep Opening Set Podcast
https://soundcloud.com/openingset

also remixes: http://jonreyes.bandcamp.com

@stankpalmer

nicknice
Member since May 06th 2005
1132 posts
Wed May-28-08 01:38 PM

85. "yeh ur shit is dope"
In response to Reply # 57

1st and last tracks especially, you have a hi-tek sound. its a good thing.

Xbox Live gamertag: ILLPOOFLINGER

robotdouble
Member since Apr 03rd 2008
4 posts
Thu Apr-03-08 12:34 PM

27. "are these "beats" good?"
In response to Reply # 0

http://www.myspace.com/perseph1

BarTek
51250 posts
Thu Apr-10-08 11:58 AM

53. "first of all, is that you rapping??"
In response to Reply # 27

i will give you a break down of the beats, but i wanna touch on the emcee too, is that you?

@}-,-`-

BarTek
51250 posts
Thu Apr-10-08 12:17 PM

54. "..."
In response to Reply # 53

i'm too impatient for your answer so i'll just say what i think... as far as innovative, raw talent... you have an amazing abundance of it... i'd say that out of everything i heard so far, i dig your shit the most... your track "dervishes" is very impressive... assuming it is you on the beats and on the mic...

i don't want to blow up your head with air, but i legitimately believe that you have the potential to be the Bjork of Hip Hop... as far as your beats are concerned... your approach to crafting music reminds me of the shit that Bjork sings over.. and even Portishead as of late... I really encourage you to listen to Bjork's first and latest album... also, check out the latest drop by Portishead... you will hear the style that you are experimenting with at its refined state... meaning, you have the potential to push your beats to the clarity and ingenuity you will hear on Bjork and Portishead albums... i am looking for artists to review/interview for an online music magazine.. if you are interested, let me know.. i'd like to bring some light to your skills... mad respect. don't ever let anyone stray you from your path, in my opinion, you have star written all over you. peace, b

@}-,-`-

MicheleQJ
Charter member
5380 posts
Thu Apr-10-08 03:10 PM

Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profileClick to add this author to your buddy listClick to send message via AOL IM
56. "dag that review certainly got me to check it out"
In response to Reply # 54

i agree its dope tho. if i couldve click the 'download' link i wouldve

http://myspace.com/139003080
http://www.last.fm/user/micheleqj/
http://myspace.com/alluswe
http://myspace.com/fermentedspirits
http://www.last.fm/music/Alluswe

Soul_Brother
Member since Nov 20th 2007
17 posts
Thu Apr-03-08 12:56 PM

28. "i dont care if your simon cowell or not...lol"
In response to Reply # 0

i just need some critique (soundclick below)

http://www.soundclick.com/jroy

BarTek
51250 posts
Sun May-04-08 08:41 PM

72. "RE: i dont care if your simon cowell or not...lol"
In response to Reply # 28

well, to be honest. at first i was really bored and your first two beats were putting me to sleep, but then you started to get really creative. you sounded mad choppy and then as the beats went on.. it got smoother... and that's when i started to bop my head. cloverfield is a really nice beat. its like a happy mellow with a few accents. i dig it... overall, i'd say you need to keep pushing that creativity and try to switch your samples up a bit. it can be a bit repetitive to hear the same loop over and over. don't be afraid to throw in a cymbol here and there...a break, you know, make that shit into a real song... sometimes your drums sound too synthetic too... push for that really organic crunch... alright.. so you're a good producer with good vision but i would suggest working on making sure the shit is as smooth as possible, while switching things up int he context of a song, and making sure each sound is as real and raw as possible. good work. peace

@}-,-`-

... everyone wants to be a rebel, but no one wants to be a revolutionary...

MicheleQJ
Charter member
5380 posts
Thu Apr-03-08 01:04 PM

29. "sure"
In response to Reply # 0

wouldn't mind hearing anyone else's opinion also

newest:
song prod by Envoy
http://tinyurl.com/2xdrf6

other Alluswe music
http://www.last.fm/music/Alluswe/Psalms+of+Ascent

Fermented Spirits you already weighed in on, and I thank you.

move_back
Member since May 30th 2007
332 posts
Thu Apr-03-08 03:49 PM

30. "RE: I want to critique your music (no bullshit approach)..."
In response to Reply # 0

www.myspace.com/ruralrhymezmusic
16 year old mc and producer

Questdan
Member since Nov 07th 2005
914 posts
Thu Apr-03-08 04:43 PM

31. "RE: I want to critique your music (no bullshit approach)..."
In response to Reply # 30

check the soundclick

---------------------------------------
NotTheYogurt.com
twitter= @therealDanimal
music= danimal.bandcamp.com

BarTek
51250 posts
Sun May-04-08 08:41 PM

71. "oh shit, its the u.k version of kweli"
In response to Reply # 30

i love your rhymes kid. you are mad talented and you got a good head on your shoulders. just keep pushing. all this will come together for you. stay focused!!!

^ star quality.

@}-,-`-

Nfinit3
Member since Sep 12th 2007
233 posts
Thu Apr-03-08 05:06 PM

32. "RE: I want to critique your music (no bullshit approach)..."
In response to Reply # 0

for the funk of it lol...peep the myspace link in the sig. pCe!

--Nfinit3

http://www.nfinit3.com
http://twitter.com/nfinit3music
http://www.facebook.com/nfinit3

SlikkVicious
Member since Mar 31st 2008
427 posts
Thu Apr-03-08 10:10 PM

37. "RE: I want to critique your music (no bullshit approach)..."
In response to Reply # 0

i'll throw my hat in the ring for fun... check the myspace. It should be in the sig!

https://soundcloud.com/jslikkmusic

Dawhud
Member since Jun 07th 2007
196 posts
Fri Apr-04-08 11:11 AM

40. "RE: I want to critique your music (no bullshit approach)..."
In response to Reply # 0

Hit up the PM with the link. Let me know what you think.

myspace.com/djdawhud
Suckas get read like CHAOS AND BLACK STEAL!!!

JAESCOTT777
Member since Feb 18th 2006
28487 posts
Fri Apr-04-08 01:39 PM

41. "check my myspace"
In response to Reply # 0

Illogicallyprophetic
Member since Feb 21st 2007
829 posts
Sat Apr-05-08 11:59 PM

43. "Of course I want my stuff critiqued..."
In response to Reply # 0

but that would require going to my myspace. Hit me wit the real. Ya dig?

Follow Me @iLLyusORANGE
http://www.twitter.com/iLLyusORANGE

#ORANGE

PEACE*LOVE&SPACESHIPS

Live In Color

Small Pro
Member since Apr 06th 2006
12593 posts
Mon Apr-07-08 01:11 AM

44. "i have a couple tracks from my album on my myspace..."
In response to Reply # 0

...and links to some early work of mine, the jay-z remix album and its instrumentals.

have at me! nh

--------------------------------------
https://smallprofessor.bandcamp.com

BarTek
51250 posts
Mon Apr-07-08 10:18 PM

46. "hey guys, the rest of the reviews to come tomorrow...."
In response to Reply # 0

i have been very busy with work... i'm back on it tomorrow. thanks for participating.. peace!

@}-,-`-

ChanEpic
Charter member
4298 posts
Wed Apr-09-08 09:42 AM

47. "RE: I want to critique your music (no bullshit approach)..."
In response to Reply # 0

Please and Thank you.

www.myspace.com/fantomeband

Demo stuff...

TheLyricalCollective
Member since May 07th 2007
285 posts
Wed Apr-09-08 10:24 AM

48. "I'm down"
In response to Reply # 0

http://myspace.com/lyricalcollective

I'm on the beats and only some of the rhymes.

Its cool you are doin this though. Thanks.

----------------------------------
http://www.myspace.com/lyricalcollective

bigjfray
Member since Jul 20th 2007
162 posts
Wed Apr-09-08 11:18 PM

49. "RE: I want to critique your music (no bullshit approach)..."
In response to Reply # 0

Sounds good......looking foward to hearing an outside opinion.

http://www.zshare.net/audio/10306992abcc3cd1/

dantecope
Member since Oct 07th 2007
21 posts
Thu Apr-10-08 12:48 AM

50. "RE: I want to critique your music (no bullshit approach)..."
In response to Reply # 0

Check out www.soundclick.com/dantecope. If you like it let me know.

The Best Crew Ever!!!
www.myspace.com/waylaatharuler
www.myspace.com/dhall
www.myspace.com/dantecopemusic
www.myspace.com/doubledrecording

Blinky_Blinx
Member since May 30th 2006
1876 posts
Thu Apr-10-08 06:39 PM

58. "i lol'd @ the last point but go on then"
In response to Reply # 0

i dont have a mixtape or anything of the sort so i guess we'll be doing this based on the tracks i have on myspace

--

Theres alot wrong with today. It kills to ignore it but it doesnt hurt to care.

MEMEs
Member since Oct 02nd 2005
1031 posts
Thu Apr-10-08 07:39 PM

59. "Alright shoot,"
In response to Reply # 0

critique away.....

www.myspace.com/tapgenius

http://thought-sound-color.blogspot.com

Cold Truth
44843 posts
Wed Apr-23-08 04:00 AM

60. "fuck it, since you reached out to me on your shit, i'll roll with it"
In response to Reply # 0

http://www.myspace.com/coldtruth

have at it tek and do your worst, lol

and fuck gd that shit you did was fire. needed work but it was fire.

-Sig-

K.Focus
Member since Jul 18th 2006
56 posts
Wed Apr-23-08 05:07 AM

61. "Cool"
In response to Reply # 0

Thx for listening....

http://www.myspace.com/kenfocus

http://www.soundclick.com/bands/pagemusic.cfm?bandID=54675

Dawhud
Member since Jun 07th 2007
196 posts
Wed Apr-23-08 07:33 AM

62. "RE: I want to critique your music (no bullshit approach)..."
In response to Reply # 0

I think dude got bombarded with hits. Haven't heard anything from the guy after the 1st batch of cats hit him up.

myspace.com/djdawhud
Suckas get read like CHAOS AND BLACK STEAL!!!

BarTek
51250 posts
Wed Apr-23-08 08:53 AM

63. "I did... i've been overhwlemed at work but it's clearing up..."
In response to Reply # 62

I'll be back reviewing tomorrow... have got to meet my work deadlines first...

@}-,-`-

SciFiStew
Member since Mar 19th 2008
13 posts
Thu Apr-24-08 08:28 AM

64. "Check out my tracks..."
In response to Reply # 0

Hey have a listen and let me know what you think...?

I been working on beats for a couple of years...

Let me know...

Be sure to check both players on my page, the top one is for collabs the bottom is demos...

http://www.myspace.com/faultfinder1

Peace.

Anonymous
Charter member
23226 posts
Thu Apr-24-08 08:50 AM

65. "Aight Tek...here are 2 of mine and 1 of my boy's that I produced"
In response to Reply # 0

let's hear it

Lost In Heaven
http://www.zshare.net/download/109170291b804d64/

Be Careful
http://www.zshare.net/download/110368907a134e46/

I'm So Lazy
http://www.zshare.net/download/110370515a107bc2/

cHarlie_maTic
Member since Apr 12th 2005
850 posts
Thu Apr-24-08 10:43 AM

66. "peep le myspace.."
In response to Reply # 0

n/m

http://www.twitter.com/citY_kiD

my music.. you could fight fuck or dream to it.. © common

Conscious
Member since Oct 10th 2002
1620 posts
Thu Apr-24-08 03:18 PM

67. "RE: I want to critique your music (no bullshit approach)..."
In response to Reply # 0

What makes your critque relevant? What are your credentials aside from you being a lover of music?

>hi producers... i want to listen to your best and tell you if
>you got it or not. ready to hear the unfiltered truth? don't
>worry... i won't be hating for the sake of hating... i have a
>good ear and i want to help out... what you will get with my
>critique, is..
>
>no.1 - someone actually wants to listen to your beats.
>no.2 - I'm not your girlfriend meaning i won't love it because
>you're my boo.
>no.3 - i am definitely not a yes man.
>no.4 - i will give you a break down of your strength's and
>weaknesses...
>no.5 - i will offer some advise, you can choose to accept it
>or not...
>no.6 - i will let you know if i think you got what it takes to
>make cakes...
>no.7 - most importantly. i will let you know if you have real,
>innovative talent... remember that big debate we had? yup...
>
>@}-,-`-

#thefutureofradio http://bit.ly/BRIndieGoGo
http://bondfireradio.com

audio journaling: unkempt > http://bit.ly/ajunkempt < be courageous

BrownWonda
Member since Apr 26th 2008
150 posts
Sat Apr-26-08 04:20 PM

68. "RE: I want to critique your music (no bullshit approach)..."
In response to Reply # 0

www.myspace.com/akhilthebrownwonda

let me kno wat u think

www.twitter.com/brownwonda
www.youtube.com/brownwonda <---first beat vid!

Speakeazy88
Member since Apr 16th 2008
20 posts
Thu May-01-08 02:43 PM

69. "RE: I want to critique your music (no bullshit approach)..."
In response to Reply # 68

its dope to actually see someone taking interest in other peoples music instead of just postin up tryin to get a break....anyway here's a verse from the most recent song i wrote, i got a link to my purevolume page underneath which has two studio tracks (not my beats) and two shitty quality acapellas....def needin feedback

His backbone would hang low, as he dragged toes
Cracked soles from strolls, he spat flows at assholes
Rascals, that would hassle and harass him
Attacked him for lackin a matching fashion

When they got at him, he never had a reaction
Not retracting massive talons cuz he’s lackin in passion
Ration-alized, but he wanted to hit ‘em
God willin this villain isnt revisiting prison

Listen here, and hear the missions crystal clear
Its official lose the pistol for a fiscal year
Amidst that fear, of not having his ratchet
Mastered the last thing that matters, this rap shit

Practice when he starts, establishing the art
Valiantly he had the heat, rapidly he got the spark
It had to be he had the heart, garnered the passion
The smartest action was rapping, that’s when it started to happen

SPEAKEAZY....

There is hope in sight, im not here to harm ya
No fillin' me with lead, im knight in shinin' armour
If chivalry is dead, I guess that I’m a martyr
Like military heads, you need a buzz to start it

-ME

Ardamus1979
Member since May 01st 2008
545 posts
Thu May-01-08 04:43 PM

70. "I am up for critique"
In response to Reply # 0

I've been trying to push my album alot so I'm up for whatever you have to say. Thanx.

http://www.myspace.com/sumadra
http://www.myspace.com/ardaplus

Speakeazy88
Member since Apr 16th 2008
20 posts
Thu May-15-08 07:42 AM

73. "RE: I am up for critique"
In response to Reply # 70

is this board dead?

www.purevolume.com/speakeazy

"There is hope in sight / I'm not here to harm ya
No fillin me with lead / I'm knight in shinin armor
If chivalry is dead / I guess that I'm a martyr
Like military heads / You need a buzz to start it"

-Speakeazy

Earl Flynn
Member since Dec 08th 2005
28751 posts
Thu May-15-08 10:33 AM

74. "http://www.myspace.com/32ndnotesmusicgroup"
In response to Reply # 0
Thu May-15-08 10:33 AM by Earl Flynn

http://www.myspace.com/32ndnotesmusicgroup

Each progressive spirit is opposed by a thousand mediocre minds appointed to guard the past. ~
Maurice Maeterlinck

Ardamus1979
545 posts
Fri May-16-08 07:35 PM

76. "RE: http://www.myspace.com/32ndnotesmusicgroup"
In response to Reply # 74

The Jackin' 4 Beats track threw me off as far as the intro. Dope Prodigy is sick. Classic sound. American Delivery has that Gangstarr flip; good shit. Say Everything is dope. Overall, you definitely have that 9th Wonder/Priemer feel going. The chops are on point and you keep the drums crisp. Good stuff.

Earl Flynn
Member since Dec 08th 2005
28751 posts
Tue May-20-08 08:00 AM

78. "RE: http://www.myspace.com/32ndnotesmusicgroup"
In response to Reply # 76

>The Jackin' 4 Beats track threw me off as far as the intro.

That was Lunchbox's idea... LOL

>Dope Prodigy is sick. Classic sound.

Definitely my favorite track on that particular instrumental joint (Dini Show)

>American Delivery has
>that Gangstarr flip; good shit.

The original beat was made for my second instrumental joint called Hairgrease. The name of the beat is called Saturday Afternoon Fever.

>Say Everything is dope.
This one surprised me at the end. I was kinda shocked on how I was able to get Curtis Mayfield's grunts to sync with Jay-Z's grunts. That's my favorite thing about that cut.

Each progressive spirit is opposed by a thousand mediocre minds appointed to guard the past. ~
Maurice Maeterlinck

sstretch68
Member since Aug 10th 2006
118 posts
Fri May-16-08 04:28 PM

Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profileClick to add this author to your buddy listClick to send message via ICQ
75. "RE: I want to critique your music (no bullshit approach)..."
In response to Reply # 0

yo what up, Yeah, i would like some critique on my beats, check out the site

www.myspace.com/sstretchbeats

Scroll down and on the left side you can listen to my beats and switch

Anyways get at me straight up through the email, sstretch68323@yahoo.com

Real hip hop fan here

LiveManikins
Member since Dec 21st 2006
295 posts
Mon May-19-08 01:03 PM

77. "we are down for your opinion"
In response to Reply # 75

peep it

www.myspace.com/livemanikins

d fresh
Member since Oct 13th 2006
23 posts
Tue May-20-08 07:25 PM

79. "D Fresh - Black Mask, Black Gloves (prod. by D Fresh)"
In response to Reply # 0

http://www.zshare.net/audio/123251664de8cbc9/

Peace

http://www.myspace.com/reklesscity

http://www.soundclick.com/sincereallah

Ardamus1979
545 posts
Wed May-28-08 06:49 PM

86. "RE: D Fresh - Black Mask, Black Gloves (prod. by D Fresh)"
In response to Reply # 79

checked out your page. hotness. that black mask shit is a banger, homie.

denny
Member since Apr 11th 2008
11281 posts
Thu May-22-08 04:46 PM

80. "RE: I want to critique your music (no bullshit approach)..."
In response to Reply # 0

Here's some beats I made for these guys called Magnolius

http://profile.myspace.com/index.cfm?fuseaction=user.viewprofile&friendID=152063077

or just google magnolius myspace. Thanks.

los_cause
Member since Mar 30th 2008
11 posts
Thu May-22-08 05:09 PM

81. "RE: I want to critique your music (no bullshit approach)..."
In response to Reply # 0

myspace.com/tsolesuac

http://www.myspace.com/tsolesuac

NR313702
Member since May 23rd 2008
3 posts
Sat May-24-08 08:06 PM

82. "RE: I want to critique your music (no bullshit approach)..."
In response to Reply # 0

http://www.zshare.net/audio/124789711889fb79/

http://www.zshare.net/audio/124794771d968415/

one is a remix

the other is original

NR

Yadgyu
Member since May 31st 2006
8856 posts
Sat May-24-08 09:03 PM

83. "Have at it, my friend!"
In response to Reply # 0

http://www.megaupload.com/?d=Z9GZDO62

----
----
----
----
----

GET ON MY LEVEL!

jhall104
Member since Oct 24th 2007
86 posts
Tue May-27-08 01:16 PM

84. "jayech, critique my beats no bullshit."
In response to Reply # 0

Hi,

Yeah I would love a no bullshit opinion on my music. www.soundclick.com/jayech. I would appreciate as much cander as possible.

thanks

jayech

bapple326
Member since May 19th 2008
4 posts
Fri May-30-08 01:17 PM

87. "RE: I want to critique your music (no bullshit approach)..."
In response to Reply # 0

I've been listening to this band recently and want to know what you think about them. They're called Scientific Lifestyle. I'm into the song Chinatown Swan.

KingMonte
Member since Feb 13th 2006
4675 posts
Fri May-30-08 06:13 PM

88. "Go for it"
In response to Reply # 0

I've never heard a stranger's opinion on them.

You can find them here:
http://audiolovemagic.mypodcast.com/2007/12/ALM16_I_Found_My_CD-66398.html

They start 11 minutes in and there's about 6 or 7 there.

I have a 400 year old chip on my shoulder.

Lobby Make The Music topic #35676 Previous topic | Next topic