Printer-friendly copy Email this topic to a friend
Lobby Make The Music topic #16463

Subject: "pro tools question" Previous topic | Next topic
2_1_feezy
Charter member
1808 posts
Wed Oct-04-06 02:52 PM

Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profileClick to add this author to your buddy listClick to send message via AOL IM
"pro tools question"

i moved some pro tools session onto an external hard drive, then tried to move them back to my mac and open them up, now i get an error message, the audio files play individually but the session won't open is there a way to fix this?

http://www.boxingwithgod.com

Printer-friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote | Top

Topic Outline
Subject Author Message Date ID
RE: pro tools question
Oct 04th 2006
RE: pro tools question
Oct 04th 2006

los79
Charter member
4311 posts
Wed Oct-04-06 03:04 PM

Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profileClick to add this author to your buddy list
1. "RE: pro tools question"
In response to Reply # 0

the session is not finding the audio files in their original directory. There should be a pop up window that asks if you want pro tools to find the file automatically or if you will find it yourself.

latif888
Charter member
500 posts
Wed Oct-04-06 05:28 PM

Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profileClick to add this author to your buddy list
2. "RE: pro tools question"
In response to Reply # 0

First of all, you shouldn't be opening sessions on the same hard drive that your protools application is installed on. You can get a way with it for a minute, but over time it will really screw things up. You should be opening/creating sessions on a second high speed drive(i.e. external fire wire with 7200rpm bus speed). As for your question, cosign the above answer. Otherwise, sometimes protools gets inexplicably picky about recognizing files, especially a file created on another system, hard drive, or protools version. This doesn't happen too often but it could be the case here. Unfortunately, if this is true, you might have to create a new session and import the files and rebuild the thing. Tedious, yes.

Lobby Make The Music topic #16463 Previous topic | Next topic