Printer-friendly copy Email this topic to a friend
Lobby Okay Activist Archives topic #4855

Subject: "After leaving my body and hovering above my building..." This topic is locked.
Previous topic | Next topic
Mau777
Charter member
2780 posts
Thu Apr-17-03 10:24 AM

Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profileClick to add this author to your buddy list
"After leaving my body and hovering above my building..."

...I decided to test my movement abilities. I thought of moving up higher and i began floating up. I then thought of going to downtown(san francisco) and began moving rapidly toward that area. I then thought stop, and instantly halted. I then lowered my self onto a roof below me....Next I decided I would attempt to visit a friend whose house I had never been inside, though i had dropped her off there before. I focused on her energy(personality/physical traits)and began to move rapidly, but then I lost my focus and found myself on the street a few blocks from where she lives. I observed a couple going from a car into a building and then had a thought of my phys. body. I felt a lite tug and an movement....then I opened my physical eyes...my whole body was tingling.

This occured the night before last and was the fifth consciously experienced and remembered Out Of Body Experience(OOBE) I've had in a year and the 2nd one I willfully induced....With this experience, two more beliefs have become knowns for me;

1. Desire/Will play a HUGE part in experiencing the true nature of our spirit - I hadn't focused on travelling out of body since my last experience this past fall. As soon as I put my frame of mind back on sincerely wanting to experience more in the astral, this experience came on.
Just as the attainment of any physical goal is predicated on the desire, will and dedication to acheive the goal, the same holds true for spiritual progression. Where one is at in their awareness or lackthereof will determine what spiritual goals will be reached for. Some are content with shouting incomprehensible ramblings and convulsing, others want to allow some other entity to enter and speak through their body. For me, I need to experience the 'spirit world' first hand and to do so, gotta get out the body.

2. There is no separation between thought and action in spirit. - As soon as it's thought it happens, unlike in the physical where cats can think all day and talk all day and not a damn thang will come out of it. Not so outside the physical. I can clearly see how important it is to strentghen the ability to focus and not let your mind stray.

We ARE NOT our physical bodies. We only occupy them to experience this density of existence.

Truth 2 U

---
If you release what is within u, what u release will save you. If you do not release what is within u, what u do not release will destroy u.

www.pitchblackgold.bandcamp.com

Printer-friendly copy | Top

Topic Outline
Subject Author Message Date ID
Dreaming?
Apr 17th 2003
Nope.
Apr 17th 2003
      RE: Nope.
Apr 17th 2003
           I read 'The Active Side Of Infinity'
Apr 17th 2003
                RE: I read 'The Active Side Of Infinity'
Apr 17th 2003
                check your inbox
Apr 17th 2003
                     RE: check your inbox
Apr 17th 2003
Apr 17th 2003
Apr 17th 2003
Apr 17th 2003
thanxs for sharing, brotha
Apr 17th 2003
Hmmmm...my first outter body experience
Apr 17th 2003
RE: After leaving my body and hovering above my buildin
Apr 17th 2003
Someone want to hip me to some beginner
Apr 17th 2003
      I'm not sure about serious advers affects
Apr 18th 2003
      RE: I'm not sure about serious advers affects
Apr 18th 2003
           Hmmm, that just goes to show you the
Apr 19th 2003
                RE: Hmmm, that just goes to show you the
Apr 19th 2003
      RE: Someone want to hip me to some beginner
Apr 18th 2003
           RE: Someone want to hip me to some beginner
Apr 20th 2003
                Read my other responses for the steps.
Apr 21st 2003
Just wanted to know
Apr 17th 2003
I feel that its more than possible
Apr 18th 2003
To add
Apr 18th 2003
Without a doubt
Apr 18th 2003
      Don't take this as an insult
Apr 19th 2003
           RE: Don't take this as an insult
Apr 19th 2003
                Cool
Apr 20th 2003
RE: After leaving my body and hovering above my buildin
Apr 18th 2003
Robert Monroe Technique
Apr 18th 2003
Nope haven't read him
Apr 18th 2003
um....yeah ok
Apr 18th 2003
LOL!!!
Apr 18th 2003
      aight.
Apr 21st 2003
More on Robert Monroe
Apr 18th 2003
Great site w/ excellent Q&A section
Apr 18th 2003
I've never read anything on this, but as a child I
Apr 19th 2003
RE: I've never read anything on this, but as a child I
Apr 19th 2003
ARCHIVE PLEASE
Apr 21st 2003
Yes, please archive
Apr 22nd 2003
Great Sig
Apr 22nd 2003
please archive...please? n/m
Apr 29th 2003
ARCHIVE! n/m
May 05th 2003

kid
Member since Jul 10th 2002
4437 posts
Thu Apr-17-03 10:37 AM

Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profileClick to add this author to your buddy list
1. "Dreaming?"
In response to Reply # 0

Then don't look directly and focus soley on your hands during this kind of experiance.

StLOKp's�: DawgEatah, Dstl1, hyde, Colonel Sanders, MisterGrump, Afrotec, Instant_Vintage, ThaTruth, Soul1908, SefConscious, Baldheadslik, YngblkprinceMD, 314confidential, rdiggity, Kid

Honorable mention:auragin_boi

Mau777
Charter member
2780 posts
Thu Apr-17-03 10:47 AM

Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profileClick to add this author to your buddy list
2. "Nope."
In response to Reply # 1

That's people's intial thought, but I know the difference.

I willfully induced the experience by following specific steps. I've done this once before.

My perception was as clear as i'm typing these words to you, with a few notable differences.

Truth 2 U

---
If you release what is within u, what u release will save you. If you do not release what is within u, what u do not release will destroy u.

kid
4437 posts
Thu Apr-17-03 10:48 AM

Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profileClick to add this author to your buddy list
3. "RE: Nope."
In response to Reply # 2

Perseption is even clearer through dream, ever read The Teachings of Don Juan???

StLOKp's�: DawgEatah, Dstl1, hyde, Colonel Sanders, MisterGrump, Afrotec, Instant_Vintage, ThaTruth, Soul1908, SefConscious, Baldheadslik, YngblkprinceMD, 314confidential, rdiggity, Kid

Mau777
Charter member
2780 posts
Thu Apr-17-03 11:05 AM

4. "I read 'The Active Side Of Infinity'"
In response to Reply # 3

Carlos Casteneda has a book called the 'The Art of Dreaming' I think I might pick up. I've flipped through it once.

...The thing with his work though, is the level of objectivity. The Robert A. Monroe Books are FAR more objective.

...As for perceptive clarity, with more experience, more clarity.

Truth 2 U

---

ugotsumbigteef
Charter member
390 posts
Thu Apr-17-03 11:09 AM

6. "RE: I read 'The Active Side Of Infinity'"
In response to Reply # 4

what steps?

Mau777
Charter member
2780 posts
Thu Apr-17-03 11:15 AM

10. "check your inbox"
In response to Reply # 6

---

conquering lion
Member since Jun 18th 2002
465 posts
Thu Apr-17-03 02:41 PM

Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profileClick to add this author to your buddy listClick to send message via AOL IM
14. "RE: check your inbox"
In response to Reply # 10

PEACE

did these include enterin into a state of meditation, perhaps lying down, and visualizing and focusin on the area right above you, as the first steps.....im referrin to a book written by some lady i quickly skimmed at a bookstore like 2 years ago(hence the vagueness)......ive experienced out of body occurances in dreams and while takin mushrooms,,and im interested in doin it in another circumstance....ONE

FREE EVERYTHING...do me a favor by shutting the fuck up and stop imposing your will on everyone...PEACE

Jahmir
Charter member
94 posts
Thu Apr-17-03 11:12 AM

7. "RE: I read 'The Active Side Of Infinity'"
In response to Reply # 4

castaneda is cool,
but maybe a lil bit TOO pragmatic for my taste
there are also books from other "don juan students"
like tasha abelar.

peace

kid
4437 posts
Thu Apr-17-03 11:14 AM

9. "RE: I read 'The Active Side Of Infinity'"
In response to Reply # 7

Vey well read my brother, Peace 2 U

kid
4437 posts
Thu Apr-17-03 11:12 AM

8. "RE: I read 'The Active Side Of Infinity'"
In response to Reply # 4

>Carlos Casteneda has a book called the 'The Art of Dreaming'
>I think I might pick up. I've flipped through it once.

Thats the one I was thinking of. Definately read it, has got some great teachings. My shaman told me some things I read in that book later.

>...As for perceptive clarity, with more experience, more
>clarity.
>
>Truth 2 U

True, True
Peace

Jahmir
Charter member
94 posts
Thu Apr-17-03 11:07 AM

5. "thanxs for sharing, brotha"
In response to Reply # 0

it´s time for this

real ~talk~

peace

Ioness
Member since Feb 04th 2003
14778 posts
Thu Apr-17-03 12:08 PM

11. "Hmmmm...my first outter body experience"
In response to Reply # 0

occured in 2000. I woke up and found that I was in the corner of my ceiling, everything appears to be as though I am looking through a peep hole. I didn't do much experiment the first time that it happened I was a little afraid. i noticed that as my fear increased the closer and closer I was being drawn back into to my body until I was awake.

The second time, (my most common form of out of body experiences)it was a sleep paralysis. I woke up before my body had enough time to fully reintegrate my self into my body. First thing that I always notice is the sounds that I am aware of. My sense of hearing is always severely heightened when I am in the middle of sleep paralysis. Then as I become more aware of sensation, I become aware of the fact that my body is floating. It's more like I am in water, sitting on the steps of a pool, my legs are relaxed and they keep floating back to the top of the water. The first time that I noticed this, from waist down would float up, teh second time I tried to see if I could get my whole body to do so, unfortunately all the times I have stopped at my neck. My theory is that, because during sleep paralysis usually for me anyways, my eyes are slightly open that there is some integration in my upper extremities, which prevents me from going all the way. For I am able to see like I normally would, but I am still paralyzed, only able to move my tongue and not my mouth, and my eyes but not my eyelids. The rest of my body is completely immobile.

I have also noticed that these experiences occured most when i had a lot of inner turmoil. When I was extremely depressed and introspective. During the past three years, I have had increasing experiences, but as I have grown more focused on my external duties, that it has begun to decrease.

I however have had no luck at initiating this on my own...they have all occured by whim. One thing that has also increased is my extra sensory perception, this is something that I have been actively working through the past three years as well. Also I have had significant achievment at manifleshing my thoughts. Also I have found that with the right person I am able to transfer my energy to them. But I find that this works better when I am in a crowd of about 15-20 people.....anywho off topic...

BarTek
Member since Nov 10th 2002
51250 posts
Thu Apr-17-03 12:52 PM

12. "RE: After leaving my body and hovering above my buildin"
In response to Reply # 0

this is very interesting because a few days ago my brother approached me and described his out of body experience. i have also been thinking about my sleep paralysis incident and searching within myself if an out of body experience was possible and i found your post today proving the first point.

peace.

let's play ping pong ■

SoleMan
Charter member
1079 posts
Thu Apr-17-03 01:20 PM

13. "Someone want to hip me to some beginner"
In response to Reply # 12

type stuff on this. Like the steps or some thing. I have always been interested in this.
One question is this ever dangerous? Is there cases of serious adverse results from people not knowing what they are doing?

"My GPA at Georgia Tech? I don't know. My SAT scores bad." -Steph

Ioness
14778 posts
Fri Apr-18-03 08:25 AM

17. "I'm not sure about serious advers affects"
In response to Reply # 13

My grandfather used to do this all teh tiem. But it always happeened when he was asleep. Once my grandmother and I were laying in the bed and he was sleep, and he got up and went to use the bathroom. Only thing his body was still in teh bed.

I have heard some allegations though that if you are unexperienced and you attempt it that it's best not to travel far from where your body is, because prolonged separation can make it hard for you to get back. Also if you are delving into the field, you should be ware of those who have more experience, because body abduction of body theft has been known to occur.

One particular procedure that I have tried but did not work for me, and I know has worked for a friend of mine is:

Sitting in a comfortable position back straight, it requires you to be able to put yourself in a relaxing enough trance that you are not falling asleep and at the same time, not conscious, rather in your alpha(it might be beta though) state of consciousness....
things to keep in mind is that you want to feel your body floating up, from you feet to the top of your skull...
your neck should begin to elongate and your head should begin to feel detached from your body, usually your eyes are closed and you begin to see a bright light...I've made it this far
sometimes your teeth begin to tingle, it's more like a sullen vibration in your mouth(like you get cold and your teeth are chattering but softly like)
the passage of exit is usually through the top of your skull when you attempt it in a waking semi consciousness like this...

YOu really want to be able to forget about yourself, forget about what you are trying to do, forget about achieving every step, teh more conscious you are about your surroundings and what you are trying to do the less this will work...

It requires that you lose consciousness but at the same time hold on to asliver, sometimes called the silver chain...

this is why I am never able to achieve this by putting myself in a trance...I usually have to program my self for about a week to achieve it through sleep....

And that works, by me going through the practice everynight for about 5 days, usually on the 6 pr 7th day, I am able to achieve it, but like I said it only happened like 3-4 times for me, this way, what usually occurs is that I get sleep paralysis....

Mau777
Charter member
2780 posts
Fri Apr-18-03 07:52 PM

25. "RE: I'm not sure about serious advers affects"
In response to Reply # 17

>I have heard some allegations though that if you are
>unexperienced and you attempt it that it's best not to
>travel far from where your body is, because prolonged
>separation can make it hard for you to get back.

There is no separation between thought and action. All one has to do is think of their body and there back.

Also if you
>are delving into the field, you should be ware of those who
>have more experience, because body abduction of body theft
>has been known to occur.

The most respected cats in oobe field have never reported this happening in their experience, the experience of those who have done research with them or the many people(thousands)who have attended their training courses. We are the ONLY ones who have access to our body, unless we willfully allow another entity to possess it.

Truth 2 U

---

Ioness
14778 posts
Sat Apr-19-03 07:11 AM

32. "Hmmm, that just goes to show you the"
In response to Reply # 25

things that you are not aware of...walk ins can happen, voluntarily or involuntarily....

Mau777
Charter member
2780 posts
Sat Apr-19-03 07:42 AM

34. "RE: Hmmm, that just goes to show you the"
In response to Reply # 32

I am aware of walk-ins.

Being that we leave our body at some point every night and return to it without problem, unless we allow a "walk-in" to take place it won't happen.

...But if you have accounts from people who have experienced walk-ins without doing anything to allow this, please share them and i'll consider revising my perspective.

Truth 2 U

---

Mau777
Charter member
2780 posts
Fri Apr-18-03 07:21 PM

24. "RE: Someone want to hip me to some beginner"
In response to Reply # 13

>One question is this ever dangerous?

No...it's actually quite natural. So natural in fact, research in the field shows that we do it every night. All we are discussing is how to consciously induce the experience.

Is there cases of
>serious adverse results from people not knowing what they
>are doing?

If there are, they have yet to be reported. I would make the assumption that if you do not know what you are doing, you just won't experience the out-of-body state.

Truth 2 U

---

brownsugs
Member since Jan 21st 2003
1014 posts
Sun Apr-20-03 09:03 PM

Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profileClick to add this author to your buddy listClick to send message via AOL IM
36. "RE: Someone want to hip me to some beginner"
In response to Reply # 24

how do you get into it though? what steps did you take?

Mau777
Charter member
2780 posts
Mon Apr-21-03 06:22 AM

38. "Read my other responses for the steps."
In response to Reply # 36

Truth 2 U

---

Humzaki
Charter member
505 posts
Thu Apr-17-03 07:44 PM

15. "Just wanted to know"
In response to Reply # 0

do you think you could explore a place you've never physically been before in your spirit form? or only places you are familiar with?

Peace
H

Ioness
14778 posts
Fri Apr-18-03 08:31 AM

18. "I feel that its more than possible"
In response to Reply # 15

the mind is incredible in that we generally have an idea of all locations in this universe even while we are sleeping. If you dream that you are going to china, you usually don't dream that you drive to china but that you fly....

So your mind has a general idea of where everything is subconciously we know exactly where east, west north and south is, all though consciously it may take us awhile to figure it out...

therefore in this form, it would be considerably easier to steer your way to paris or to london, because you know where it is and what direction you would have to go in to get there....

Now whether or not you would be able to go to say smalltown pop 50 in scotland is a different story....but my guess is that with experience in this state of matter you would be able to...

Ioness
14778 posts
Fri Apr-18-03 10:04 AM

20. "To add"
In response to Reply # 18
Fri Apr-18-03 10:10 AM

When you have made significant progress with this technique, its usually when you begin to feel your teeth vibrating, kind of what it would be like if you hummmed in your nose....your whole mandible jaw and zygomatic bones vibrate...your sinuses begin to feel like they are opening and something is pouring out of them,

usually you can feel your nasal, paranasal, and your orbital foramen(that's the semi sinus that we have at the edge of our eyebrows where they meet with our nasal bones...for you anatmonical people, lets see it would be located medially and anteriroly to the face, superior to your eye lid and inferior to your eyebrows...right there in the medial aspect of the eye socket) vibrating...any who....these begin to vibrate as though you were humming or saying home in the back of your throat....

Also during sleep paralysis, if you use this techinique to help you acieve sleep paralysis, your usual incline is to float up, its something that you cannot stop, your spirit just naturally floats up, and you have the feeling of wanting to bring it back down(like the water example I gave)...if you relax then you will float if you struggle then sleep paralysis can become painful because you are trying to move when at that time you simply are not able to move....if you begin to fear, all you have to do is, stay calm and usually try to count to 100 or think of doing something very mechanical...what will happen is because of your efforts to focus on this mental task, you bring back more focus into your mind (making you more consious) and are able to shake the paralysis....

Mau777
Charter member
2780 posts
Fri Apr-18-03 08:15 PM

26. "Without a doubt"
In response to Reply # 15

I cannot even put in words what the environment of this one particular world(yes world, cuz it damn sure wasn't earth)I was guided to briefly visit, looked like....I say guided because I did not choose this experience and I literally felt like I was being guided by someone.

Our only limitations are the ones we place on ourselves.

Truth 2 U

---

Humzaki
Charter member
505 posts
Sat Apr-19-03 05:31 AM

30. "Don't take this as an insult"
In response to Reply # 26

but are you sure its not just a very good imagination or a very detailed daydream? Have you ever been to Brooklyn or Atlanta?
If not I'd like to test something out. I will give you an area to vist and an object that you need to view. After that I want you to tell me what color is that object. Are you down?

Peace
H

Mau777
Charter member
2780 posts
Sat Apr-19-03 06:39 AM

31. "RE: Don't take this as an insult"
In response to Reply # 30

>but are you sure its not just a very good imagination or a
>very detailed daydream?

I'm completely sure that it was neither of these. For the last 4 years, I've been studying and consistently active in the area of meditation. I'm clear on the characteristics of the different states of consciousness.

Have you ever been to Brooklyn or
>Atlanta?

I've been to Brooklyn a few times. Not ATL.

>If not I'd like to test something out. I will give you an
>area to visit and an object that you need to view. After
>that I want you to tell me what color is that object. Are
>you down?

If I was skilled in leaving my body at will, I would be down. I'm not there yet. I've attempted to induce the state the last couple nights, to no avail. If/when I become adept at leaving my body, I'll holla.
>
>Peace
>H

Truth 2 U

---

Humzaki
Charter member
505 posts
Sun Apr-20-03 07:38 PM

35. "Cool"
In response to Reply # 31

Let me know

Peace
H

BarTek
Member since Nov 10th 2002
51250 posts
Fri Apr-18-03 06:13 AM

16. "RE: After leaving my body and hovering above my buildin"
In response to Reply # 0

up ^^^

let's play ping pong ■

Mau777
Charter member
2780 posts
Fri Apr-18-03 09:44 AM

19. "Robert Monroe Technique"
In response to Reply # 0

First, it's good to see interest concerning the subject of the OOBE. Gaining an under/over/inner/outerstanding of the experience can greatly enhance your overview of who you are and the nature of your experience in human. Those who have consciously experienced the out of body state, generally come to KNOW that they will survive the death process and continue on. When you have it, nothing anyone can say will convince you otherwise...

B4 getting started;

- If you have any fear or doubt, you will not acheive the out of body state. As I mentioned previously, desire and will have a big part to play.
- make sure you will not be interupted by anything. Phone, children, music, etc. must not be allowed to distract you or you will go nowhere.
- Do not attempt if yur mind is heavy with worries about the bills or work or anything of that sort or if you're just stressed out.
- Heavy Meals b4 the attempt are a no-no.
- Make sure the room is at a temperature that is comfortable.

okay now....there are various techniques that can be done and each person is different. The first time i induced the state, I did somethings that I didn't do at all a few nights ago. Definitely research and find what method works for you...Here's what I did to bring on the first experience...

I had been reading the book "Journeys Out Of The Body" by Robert A. Monroe(The head honcho in the field of consciousness study and the OOBE...Hey Ioness, that name sound familiar)and I was in one of the last chapters of the book. He describes a state where the mind is fully awake while the body has gone asleep(hypnogogic state). With this state he mentions a detectable state of paralysis. Now I had been experiencing this at least twice a year since I was a child. Everytime struggling to move until I did, with nothing but WTF?!?!? feeling. My christian friends(yes i have a couple)would say they thought it was a demon holding them down. Monroe just shifted my whole perspective on the experience. He goes on to say that this is the point where it is possible to separate from the body. He says next time it occurs, do not fight it. Observe the feeling and become aquainted with it. That night(My desire was strong) after I read the chapter, that paralysis state came on and instead of fighting it, I observed the sensations. I was a series of waves or vibrations that were going up and down my body. It lasted long enough for me to completely feel them and then they subsided and I was able to move. Two weeks later, I had been wokin up early in the morning. My mind was fully awake, but I could feel that my body was still tired. I began reading more of the book and feel my consciousness become more relaxed. I thought that this would be the perfect time to attempt to leave my body. I easily acheived the hypnogogic state(mind awake/body asleep)then followed the steps described below, after achieving the state.

Robert Monroe's method

In his book, Journeys out of the Body, Robert Monroe describes a complicated-sounding technique for inducing OBEs. In part, it is similar to other imagination methods, but it starts with induction of the "vibrational state". Many spontaneous OBEs start with a feeling of shaking or vibrating, and Monroe deliberately induces this state first. He suggests you do the following. First lie down in a darkened room in any comfortable position, but with your head pointing to magnetic north. Loosen clothing and remove any jewelry or metal objects, but be sure to stay warm. Ensure that you will not be disturbed and are not under any limitation of time. Begin by relaxing and then repeat to yourself five times, "I will consciously perceive and remember all that I encounter during this relaxation procedure. I will recall in detail when I am completely awake only those matters which will be beneficial to my physical and mental being." Then begin breathing through your half-open mouth.

The next step involves entering the state bordering sleep (the hypnagogic state). Monroe does not recommend any particular method of achieving this state. One method you might try is to hold your forearm up, while keeping your upper arm on the bed, or ground. As you start to fall asleep, your arm will fall, and you will awaken again. With practice you can learn to control the hypnagogic state without using your arm. Another method is to concentrate on an object. When other images start to enter your thoughts, you have entered the hypnagogic state. Passively watch these images. This will also help you maintain this state of near-sleep. Monroe calls this Condition A.

After first achieving this state, Monroe recommends to deepen it. Begin to clear your mind and observe your field of vision through your closed eyes. Do nothing more for a while. Simply look through your closed eyelids at the blackness in front of you. After a while, you may notice light patterns. These are simply neural discharges and they have no specific effect. Ignore them. When they cease, one has entered what Monroe calls Condition B. From here, one must enter an even deeper state of relaxation which Monroe calls Condition C -- a state of such relaxation that you lose all awareness of the body and sensory stimulation. You are almost in a void in which your only source of stimulation will be your own thoughts. The ideal state for leaving your body is Condition D. This is Condition C when it is voluntarily induced from a rested and refreshed condition and is not the effect of normal fatigue. To achieve Condition D, Monroe suggests that you practice entering it in the morning or after a short nap. With eyes closed, look into the blackness at a spot about a foot from your forehead, concentrating your consciousness on that point. Move it gradually to three feet away, then six, and then turn it 90 degrees upward, reaching above your head. Monroe orders you to reach for the vibrations at that spot and then mentally pull them into your head. He explains how to recognize them when they occur. "It is as if a surging, hissing, rhythmically pulsating wave of fiery sparks comes roaring into your head. From there it seems to sweep throughout your body, making it rigid and immobile." This method is easier than it sounds.

Once you have achieved the vibrational state, you have to learn to control it, to smooth out the vibrations by "pulsing" them. At this point, Monroe warns it is impossible to turn back. He suggests reaching out an arm to grasp some object which you know is out of normal reach. Feel the object and then let your hand pass through it, before bringing it back, stopping the vibrations and checking the details and location of the object. This exercise will prepare you for full separation.

To leave the body, Monroe advocates the "lift-out" method. To employ this method, think of getting lighter and of how nice it would be to float upwards. An alternative is the "rotation" technique in which you turn over in bed, twisting first the top of the body, head and shoulders until you turn right over and float upwards. Later you can explore further. With sufficient practice Monroe claims that a wide variety of experiences are yours for the taking.

...I gotta cut....more to come.

Truth 2 U

---

Ioness
14778 posts
Fri Apr-18-03 10:18 AM

21. "Nope haven't read him"
In response to Reply # 19

but you have suggested me to him for the fifth time now if I recall.

However I am still waiting for my other sources to tell me that I should get one of his books.

I am not really as learned as you might think. Most of what I know is from my own personal experience and observations. I haven't picked up a book to read that wasn't related to my schooling in over three years. I have kindof made a swear off on these books and books that deal with certain knowledge.

Just looking at what monroe says and the technique that I have posted and how similar what he says to expect and I say to expect and I have had no real book knowledge in this subject shows me that I still get the information that I need, and I don't have to seek it out...rather as I have thought for quite some time now, it seeks me out when I call for it.

LexM
Charter member
28342 posts
Fri Apr-18-03 10:51 AM

22. "um....yeah ok"
In response to Reply # 0

don't go fuckin yourself up now.

"This is , the Americans have no right to do this," declared veiled Egyptian businesswoman Rawya Shaker. "This is colonialism, this is an aggression against innocent people. This is something even an infidel wouldn't do."

"The best way to 'our boys' is to create enough dissent that will pressure the leadership of this country to end this illegal and immoral war." ~okp HoChiGrimm

~~~~
http://omidele.blogspot.com/
http://rahareiki.tumblr.com/
http://seatofbliss.blogspot.com/

Mau777
Charter member
2780 posts
Fri Apr-18-03 06:54 PM

23. "LOL!!!"
In response to Reply # 22

I'm cool....I got handles mayne, I got handles.

Truth 2 U

---

LexM
Charter member
28342 posts
Mon Apr-21-03 02:37 AM

37. "aight."
In response to Reply # 23

~~~~
http://omidele.blogspot.com/
http://rahareiki.tumblr.com/
http://seatofbliss.blogspot.com/

Mau777
Charter member
2780 posts
Fri Apr-18-03 09:08 PM

27. "More on Robert Monroe"
In response to Reply # 0

If you are truly sincere about wanting to learn more about the subject of OOBE, then 'the Monroe trilogy' is a MUST READ. If you pick up any other book on the subject, the author is guarenteed to reference Robert Monroe. The titles are: "Journey's Out of the Body", "Far Journeys" and "Ulitimate Journey".
Your perspective awareness WILL be enhanced by reading this trilogy....without a doubt.

Robert Monroe
by Susan Blackmore
Robert Monroe is no mystic or magician, but an American businessman with a wife and children living in Virginia. Working in the field of communications, he had been experimenting with learning during sleep. One Sunday afternoon he was lying down while the family had gone to church. Suddenly a beam of light seemed to come out of the sky to the north, at about 30° to the horizontal. His body began to vibrate and he seemed powerless to move, as though held in a vice. These sensations lasted only a moment and stopped when he forced himself to move, but over the following six weeks the same thing happened altogether nine times. He always felt the shaking but could not see any actual movement, and it always stopped when he moved.

Very worried, he went to his doctor, but was told there was nothing wrong. Soon he decided to face up to the sensations instead of fighting them and found that he could stay calm and come to no harm. Then one night, when he had lain down to sleep they started again, but this time it happened that his arm was out of the bed, his fingers brushing the rug on the floor. As he began idly moving his fingers he found that they seemed to pass through the rug. Then they passed the floor and Monroe felt the rough surface of the ceiling below, with a triangular chip of wood, a bent nail, and some sawdust. Through the ceiling his arm emerged and then touched water. Only as he splashed his finger in it did he become aware of what was happening. He yanked his arm back and the vibrations faded away.

Another time when the vibrations returned Monroe was thinking about going gliding when he found himself brushing against what seemed to be a familiar but strangely blank wall. With shock he realized he was bouncing against the ceiling, and there was 'he', down below in bed with his wife. Thinking he had died he dived back into his body and opened his eyes. Mostly the experience was frightening, but with encouragement to try it again from a psychologist friend Monroe eventually plucked up courage, and began his long adventure in OBEs.

As Monroe progressed he learned how to induce the experience at will and how to move when out of his body. On several occasions, he claimed, he succeeded in visiting friends and was able to describe what they were doing, the place they were in, and even their clothes. He learned to differentiate among three different 'locales' to which he travelled. The first of these, Locale 1, corresponds more or less to the normal physical world. In it are people and places that correspond to people and places in the physical. It is in this locale that all the veridical information was gained. For instance on one occasion he attempted to visit a friend, Dr Bradshaw, and his wife. He knew that Bradshaw was ill in bed and intended to visit him in his bedroom, a room he had not seen before. He managed to get out of his body and set off over trees and up a hill. This uphill travel was hard until it seemed that someone lifted him under each arm and helped him on his way. Then he came upon Dr and Mrs Bradshaw, but was puzzled to find them outside their house. He floated around them and tried in vain to get their attention, and succeeded only to the extent that the husband said something to him. Later on that evening he rang the Bradshaws and learned that his friend had decided that a little fresh air might help and so had gone outside, at about the correct time, with his wife who was going out to the post office. He had also described their clothes fairly well, but most important was that the experience was not what Monroe had expected. This experience was important in proving to Monroe, if not to anyone else, that there was more than just hallucination in what was happening to him.

Of course not everything he saw on his trips was correct. In this particular incident Dr. Bradshaw had not in fact spoken the words Monroe heard him say. On other occasions too he got details wrong, although he got many right. As with so many other OBEs, the details seen tended to be a mixture of right and wrong; enough right to make one feel that more than chance is involved, and enough wrong to be sure that the OBEer is not seeing a complete duplicate of the physical world at that time. An excellent example of this kind of mixture is provided by Charles Tart in his introduction to Monroe's book. After completing a series of laboratory experiments with Monroe, Tart moved to California, and decided he would try an informal experiment. He telephoned Monroe one afternoon and told him that he and his wife would try to help him to have an OBE and come to their home, which he had never seen, some time that night. They gave him no further details. That evening Tart randomly selected a time which he thought would be well after Monroe had gone to sleep. This turned out to be 11.0 p.m. California time or 2.0 a.m. where Monroe lived. At 11.0 p.m. Tart and his wife began concentrating. They continued for half an hour, ignoring the phone which rang at 11.05 p.m. Next day Tart rang Monroe and asked for his independent account of what had happened.

One detail was an excellent match. It was Monroe who had rung at 11.05 p.m. He had taken an OB trip, assisted by someone who took him by the wrist and guided him. He then drifted down into a room and on returning he rang Tart to tell him. The time match had been good but Tart adds, 'on the other hand, his continuing description of what our home looked like and what my wife and I were doing was not good at all: he "perceived" too many people in the room, he "perceived" me doing things I didn't do, and his description of the room itself was quite vague.'

This is a clear example of something we shall meet again and again: the frustrating mixture of right and wrong information. It is always tempting to feel that everything must either be right or not; that the person must either be 'out of his body' and therefore seeing things correctly, or not 'out' and seeing them wrongly. It is also tempting to think that if the details are correct this 'proves' he was 'out'. If fact, of course, there are many other reasons why the information might be correct without the person being 'out of the body'. These include chance, rational inference, and knowledge acquired both normally and paranormally. So producing the right information is no proof that the person was 'out'. On the other hand it is clear from the evidence so far that information gained in an OBE is rarely all correct. So what sort of theory of the OBE is needed. This is the sort of evidence we need to collect before we can start on the job of theorizing.

Monroe's next 'area' is Locale 2, another step away from ordinary reality. Here are heaven and hell, and all sorts of strange entities. Monroe explains that in Locale 2 '"thoughts is the well-spring of existence".... As you think, so you are'. His explanation that movement in this state is brought about by thought, not by any sort of physical effort, begins to sound familiar. Also familiar is the dictum 'like attracts like'. This, according to Monroe, accounts for much about the nature of the travel in Locale 2. Your destination there depends on your innermost desires, not your conscious plans.

Locale 2 is supposed to be a world of thought, and quite separate from the physical, but it has many of the features of the physical. Entities living there, who were once in the physical world, recreate some of their familiar environment, or create for themselves things they liked before. In addition, Monroe speculates, higher entities may create a more familiar environment for the benefit of 'new-comers' arriving after death. He describes some areas as 'closer' to the physical and unpleasant to pass through, while the 'further' places are better. In traditional occult lore these would be referred to as the lower and higher astral planes. By long experimentation Monroe learned how to navigate them, and on the way he fought hostile creatures, willingly and unwillingly indulged in sexual adventures, and was guided by the 'Helpers'. It is to this Locale that Monroe believes all people may go sometimes during sleep.

Visit the website for even more info
www.monroeinstitute.org

Truth 2 U

---

Mau777
Charter member
2780 posts
Fri Apr-18-03 09:14 PM

28. "Great site w/ excellent Q&A section"
In response to Reply # 0

www.jonasridgeway.com

Truth 2 U

---

FireBrand
Charter member
145739 posts
Sat Apr-19-03 01:09 AM

29. "I've never read anything on this, but as a child I"
In response to Reply # 0

believed it could be done. I often practiced it- in a smoking chair, as Ioness Mentioned, I needed to have my back flat, and my body supported (just like if I was in bed-full support), then I would just breathe...and think, and start to concentrate on those little "beams" of light that you have when you close your eyes real tight, but you are still "looking or watching".

slowly, and it seems like feet first always I would begin to float. I've done this about 5-6 times in my life depending on how calm or introspective I was a/t/t.

I never shared this till now, cus I thought people would think I was crazy. I've never EVER left my room tho, and my room is the only place I've been able to do it- Either just waking up, or after deep concentration.

It's odd tho, becuase the sensation is very similar to flying in my dreams, which I know has a connection to my soul, because before some extraordinary happens in my life I have a "flying" dream. Often flying over lush valleys, and forests...I don't know why.

I'ma have to pick up one of these books, because I had no idea there was an actual study about this.

WOW.

For real.

One of these days we are going to have to speak on dreams, visions and deja vu- Cuase in my family these things run strong.

----------------------
Avatar? Nea onnim sua a, ohu; nea odwen se onim dodo no, se ogyae sua a, ketewa no koraa a onim no firi ne nsa.

So what are our options as another baby boy enters the earth? We just pray that he's tall, pray that he's fast, give the boy a ball, teach him how to pass...it's his only ticket out of this hell. - OKP Greg Soundz "Options"

Give back to our land of bread, water, and sunshine:
www.jampact.org.

Currently Playing:

Cee-lo: ceelo green...
Incubus: Morning view
Common: Electric Circus
Vivian Green: A love story
Soullive: Next
Lucky Dube: Serious Reggae Business
Jimi Hendrix: Best of/Experience
Les Nubians: One step forward
The Roots: Phrenology
Collective Efforts: Visions of things to come

"Slaves got options...cowards aint got shit." --PS
"Once upon a time, little need existed for making the distinction between a nigga and a black—at least not in this country, the place where niggas were invented" -- Donnell A

Mau777
Charter member
2780 posts
Sat Apr-19-03 07:18 AM

33. "RE: I've never read anything on this, but as a child I"
In response to Reply # 29

>believed it could be done. I often practiced it- in a
>smoking chair, as Ioness Mentioned, I needed to have my back
>flat, and my body supported (just like if I was in bed-full
>support), then I would just breathe...and think, and start
>to concentrate on those little "beams" of light that you
>have when you close your eyes real tight, but you are still
>"looking or watching".
>
>slowly, and it seems like feet first always I would begin to
>float. I've done this about 5-6 times in my life depending
>on how calm or introspective I was a/t/t.

The feeling of floating is also a characteristic of deep trance, but if you have not detached from your body it's not an oobe. If you were able to see your room through your closed eyelids, then you are what is called "remote viewing". When you detach from your body, you'll definitely know and will be able to look back at it and have your "oh shit!" feeling.

>
>I never shared this till now, cus I thought people would
>think I was crazy. I've never EVER left my room tho, and
>my room is the only place I've been able to do it- Either
>just waking up, or after deep concentration.
>
>It's odd tho, becuase the sensation is very similar to
>flying in my dreams, which I know has a connection to my
>soul, because before some extraordinary happens in my life I
>have a "flying" dream. Often flying over lush valleys, and
>forests...I don't know why.

Dreams of "flying" are said to be oobe's. Dreams in which you are falling are you returning from oobe's. In normal dreams where you are an active participant, you can pretty much change what you want and alter your dream. The dreams you participate in and cannot change anything are astral trips.

>
>I'ma have to pick up one of these books, because I had no
>idea there was an actual study about this.
>

Great!

>WOW.
>
>For real.
>
>One of these days we are going to have to speak on dreams,
>visions and deja vu- Cuase in my family these things run
>strong.

My next post topic......."Re-"incarnation...we'll talk about it.

Truth 2 U

---

Mau777
Charter member
2780 posts
Mon Apr-21-03 06:24 AM

39. "ARCHIVE PLEASE"
In response to Reply # 0

I'll likely be referring to this in the future.

Thanks and Truth 2 U

---

cosmicgirl
Member since Oct 22nd 2002
17642 posts
Tue Apr-22-03 08:13 PM

40. "Yes, please archive"
In response to Reply # 39

This was really beneficial.

SIGNATURECORNER

Die Daily.

-

"Life's journey is not to arrive at the grave safely in a well preserved body, but rather to skid in sideways, totally worn out, shouting "Holy shit ... what a ride!" - Anonymous

Mau777
Charter member
2780 posts
Tue Apr-22-03 08:15 PM

41. "Great Sig"
In response to Reply # 40

Truth 2 U

---

FireBrand
Charter member
145739 posts
Tue Apr-29-03 08:32 AM

42. "please archive...please? n/m"
In response to Reply # 39

----------------------
Avatar? Nea onnim sua a, ohu; nea odwen se onim dodo no, se ogyae sua a, ketewa no koraa a onim no firi ne nsa.

Give back to our land of bread/wood, water, and sunshine:
www.jampact.org.

"Once upon a time, little need existed for making the distinction between a nigga and a black—at least not in this country, the place where niggas were invented" -- Donnell A

FireBrand
Charter member
145739 posts
Mon May-05-03 05:12 AM

43. "ARCHIVE! n/m"
In response to Reply # 0

----------------------

Give back to our land of bread/wood, water, and sunshine:
www.jampact.org.

Lobby Okay Activist Archives topic #4855 Previous topic | Next topic