Printer-friendly copy Email this topic to a friend
Lobby Okay Activist Archives topic #29497

Subject: "Foot Binding and Cosmetic Surgery" Previous topic | Next topic
Nettrice
Charter member
61747 posts
Fri Mar-18-05 08:26 AM

Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profileClick to add this author to your buddy list
"Foot Binding and Cosmetic Surgery"
Fri Mar-18-05 08:27 AM by Nettrice

One of the girls I mentor told me that if she had money she would elect to have cosmetic surgery. It is no wonder. Television has plenty of shows that feature women (and some men) who will go to all lengths to mold their bodies or parts of their bodies into a "beauty" standard, some to an extreme (Jocelyne Wildenstein or Michael Jackson): http://www.askmen.com/fashion/austin/23_fashion_style.html. More in the case of women than men, cosmetic surgery is supposed to make us more desirable, more able to marry, and have a higher social status. To my little sister, the ticket out of her current circumstances may be surgery. Of course this is crazy but I needed to find examples to show her how crazy it is.

Last night, I saw a show on Nature channel that documented the process of foot binding that was commonplace less than 100 years ago:

"Foot binding was more than a fashion statement, it was a way of life for about one billion women as well as the men around them. It took much more than laws and protests to bring foot binding to an end. Foot binding had higher consequences, greater appeal, and is more desirable than any other practice women implemented to be beautiful in history. It cannot be seen as a simple fashion statement. It was part of the society, the roots being buried under many parts of Chinese culture. It had roots in making a woman more desirable, marriageability, and higher social status. Foot binding not only crippled the women who went through the process but as well as crippled women in China for centuries. Being crippled by foot binding, they had such a little role in the government. It was a custom that started out to define beauty but ended up defining the way the society was." - http://www.ccds.charlotte.nc.us/History/China/04/hutchins/hutchins.htm

If you read to whole article, you will find that men played a critical role in perpetuating the practice of foot binding. Today, in the medical and media industries, cosmetic surgery is done mostly by men...to women. At the top of many guy's lists of women who are most desirable are women who obviously had cosmetic surgery. Star Jones gets a tummy tuck (and other work done) and snags a husband. There are plenty of sites that show the before and after of many women in entertainment and the media.

What message does all this send the average girl? Or boy? Does the practice of elective cosmetic surgery play a role in maintaining sexism?

<--- Blame this lady for Nutty.

Printer-friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote | Top

Topic Outline
Subject Author Message Date ID
Footbinding is disturbing, but it's part of a greater
Mar 18th 2005
Very disturbing
Mar 18th 2005
Sexism???
Mar 18th 2005
Most definately
Mar 18th 2005
      aiight...thanks for the clarity
Mar 18th 2005
           oh, so ultimately women are stupid.
Mar 27th 2005
                Nope...just conditioned
Mar 27th 2005
isnt this a sign of female independence?
Mar 18th 2005
The article had a good point
Mar 18th 2005
you shouldn't have to define beauty by altering yourself.
Mar 26th 2005
      That's not how it is...
Mar 27th 2005
RE: isnt this a sign of female independence?
Mar 26th 2005
same song - different generation...
Mar 27th 2005
It seems more widespread now...
Mar 27th 2005
Tell her to look at the overt martyrhood (SELF-destruction)
Mar 27th 2005
She's only 13
Mar 27th 2005
      STOP!! you're scaring the hell out of me...
Mar 27th 2005
      Fear doesn't work
Mar 27th 2005
      First thought...Ani DiFranco's lyrics
Mar 28th 2005
      RE: First thought...Ani DiFranco's lyrics
Mar 28th 2005
      what other people do to you ain't your dirty laundry...
Mar 28th 2005
           I agree
Mar 28th 2005
                They're not Objects. I understand what you're saying.
Mar 28th 2005
                I'm really enjoying this thread. FOOT=FUCK!!!! in that sensing
Mar 28th 2005
      RE-->GUILT TRIPS: guilty confession will not be accepted nor demanded!
Mar 28th 2005
      ALL MEN ARE MALE CHAUVANIST PIGS (hyperbole sensors 'ON')
Mar 28th 2005
           People may misunderstand this
Mar 28th 2005
           ADOlESCENTS only want to fight and fuck
Mar 28th 2005
           I don't support any kind of "ism"
Mar 28th 2005
                excess feminine energy is what is called "EVIL" and about -ism/sysytems
Mar 28th 2005
                     Anything in excess can be
Mar 28th 2005
                          the words I use are Important (supressing laughter)
Mar 29th 2005
                               RE: the words I use are Important (supressing laughter)
Mar 29th 2005
           right
Mar 28th 2005
           you're quick chris...
Mar 29th 2005
                Who's not nuts???? The JUDGEMENTAL JUDGE, who is nuts but
Mar 29th 2005
      Fear is a CHOICE, BUT IT IS NOT A GODDAMN FUCKING OPTION!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Mar 28th 2005
           You can't run from fear
Mar 28th 2005
      STOP DUMPING SEXUAL SHAME AND GUILT OVER WOMEN!!!!
Mar 28th 2005
      give her this" YOu don't need to tell me I'm pretty" [LINK] & Lyrics swi...
Mar 28th 2005
           Modeling is very important
Mar 28th 2005
                i would suggest
Mar 28th 2005
                     Oh, I'll let her hear the song but
Mar 28th 2005
                          and that's precisely my point
Mar 28th 2005
                               Hey
Mar 28th 2005
                                    FUCKING MADEMY NIGHT WITH BEING SO CREATIVE (cosigning a post about you)
Mar 28th 2005
                                    Masculine/Mothering/Feminine/Fathering energy WTF???? ! A.N.S.W.E.R.
Mar 28th 2005
                                         Energy=duality=basic nature
Mar 28th 2005
                                              HUMAN NATURE IS TO BE LOVING. (Professor Griff knows.. (SAMLL SWIPE))
Mar 28th 2005
                                              LOL!
Mar 28th 2005
                                              RE: Energy=duality=basic nature
Mar 29th 2005
self improvement
Mar 28th 2005
Why is it a flaw?
Mar 28th 2005
      RE: Why is it a flaw?
Mar 28th 2005
Mar 28th 2005
      simulacrum
Mar 28th 2005
Mar 29th 2005

FireBrand
Charter member
145739 posts
Fri Mar-18-05 08:35 AM

Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profileClick to add this author to your buddy list
1. "Footbinding is disturbing, but it's part of a greater"
In response to Reply # 0

sickness. Color me oldfashioned but I don't buy into any of that cosmetic, superficial bullshit. I don't even like my wife wearing heels.
www.okayplayer.com/guidelines

www.ummah1421.com/boards
www.northernarc.net

Nettrice
Charter member
61747 posts
Fri Mar-18-05 08:45 AM

2. "Very disturbing"
In response to Reply # 1
Fri Mar-18-05 08:45 AM by Nettrice

No one likes to talk about it (even me) but it (cosmetic surgery) must be talked about. TV and the media is outta control with this same b.s. In the ad for Dr. 90210, mother and daughter elect to have surgery at the same time? The doctor held the silicone implant in his hand and shook it like it was a money bag. That was disturbing.

G_Smooth
Member since Oct 07th 2003
4109 posts
Fri Mar-18-05 10:38 AM

Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profileClick to add this author to your buddy list
3. "Sexism???"
In response to Reply # 0

I don't see the correlation btwn..Rich women paying vast amounts to fuck up their bodies with sexism.....Again...We can't look into mainstream media to help our women...

Nettrice
Charter member
61747 posts
Fri Mar-18-05 11:01 AM

4. "Most definately"
In response to Reply # 3

>I don't see the correlation btwn..Rich women paying vast
>amounts to fuck up their bodies with sexism.....Again...We
>can't look into mainstream media to help our women...

Foot binding, a form of ancient elective cosmetic surgery, was made necessary in order to obtain status is a male-contolled world. Today, the attitudes and social practices based on gender and which tend to work to the detriment of women are far more subtle. These women are not getting surgery for the hell of it. Many of them are trying to meet certain standards set by male-controlled industries. They know these expectations exist and are willing to do most anything to meet them.

G_Smooth
Member since Oct 07th 2003
4109 posts
Fri Mar-18-05 04:11 PM

Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profileClick to add this author to your buddy list
7. "aiight...thanks for the clarity"
In response to Reply # 4

We have a tendency to blame the individuals(Women in this instance)...when their madness or behaviors are simply a reflection of these society....

suave_bro
Member since Nov 19th 2002
9433 posts
Sun Mar-27-05 08:25 PM

11. "oh, so ultimately women are stupid."
In response to Reply # 7

gotchya.

Nettrice
Charter member
61747 posts
Sun Mar-27-05 10:27 PM

15. "Nope...just conditioned"
In response to Reply # 11

...like most folks.

suave_bro
Member since Nov 19th 2002
9433 posts
Fri Mar-18-05 11:19 AM

5. "isnt this a sign of female independence?"
In response to Reply # 0

that its her body and she can do what she wants to it (hmmm sound familiar?)...these same rules dont apply to cosmetic surgery?

Nettrice
Charter member
61747 posts
Fri Mar-18-05 04:05 PM

6. "The article had a good point"
In response to Reply # 5
Fri Mar-18-05 04:07 PM by Nettrice

>that its her body and she can do what she wants to it (hmmm
>sound familiar?)...these same rules dont apply to cosmetic
>surgery?

"It was a custom that started out to define beauty but ended up defining the way the society was."

It goes a lot deeper than "it's my body and I do what I want".

FireBrand
Charter member
145739 posts
Sat Mar-26-05 02:13 PM

8. "you shouldn't have to define beauty by altering yourself."
In response to Reply # 6

www.okayplayer.com/guidelines

http://profiles.myspace.com/users/3870323
Inaug'ral Member of the OkaySports Hall of Fame.

<----Aiight, I'ma set it. YO son, check the fly shit son!

Nettrice
Charter member
61747 posts
Sun Mar-27-05 10:23 PM

14. "That's not how it is..."
In response to Reply # 8
Sun Mar-27-05 10:26 PM by Nettrice

Tell that to the little Black girl who told me she'd rather look like the "white Barbie". She was visiting the Barbie web site and even her Latina partner said she'd rather not look like a white doll. I think this modeling self-image from dolls was only the beginning (for Black, white and other girls). With the popularity (and affordability) of cosmetic surgery and reality TV the message is that alteration is good, especially to fit the standard.

backpackmusic
Member since Nov 09th 2004
164 posts
Sat Mar-26-05 02:51 PM

9. "RE: isnt this a sign of female independence?"
In response to Reply # 5

if anything it's a sign of faux-independence. i believe that a woman has the right to control her own body, but when she wants to change it to be more beautiful in the eyes of men....then she's just willing subjecting herself to servitude. subconsciously she still believes that she needs to look like men want her to look.

BUT IS IT REALLY REAL??

cashone_again
Member since Jan 19th 2005
66 posts
Sun Mar-27-05 08:22 PM

10. "same song - different generation..."
In response to Reply # 0

Everyone knows that the image it sends to girls is jacked. I watch the Style network, and I've seen Dr. 90210 - the ish is sick (as nettrice noted with the mother/daughter morphing process). Ugh! that's sick - what would compel any mother to agree to do that... anyways, the effect that it has on boys is different. I don't think I know a teenage boy who you can convince that fake breasts are a bad thing. Teenage boys spend ninety-percent of their time trying to figure out why they've got an erection when they're walking through the hallway of their junior high school. The social implications of breast augmentation is the last thing on their minds. If they see augmented breasts, and they get an erection, the last thing they want to do is question that shit...instead it's like, "YES! Alright we're moving in the right direction, at least we agree on something."
With KIDS getting breast augmentation nowadays, its hard to believe that we can get boys to socially outcast girls that have their breasts "done." (actually its probably pretty easy considering how many girls are outcasted by boys during their teenage years because they don't look like britney spears or janet jackson) It would have to be girls putting pressure on each other to avoid such a surgery. But would that ultimately help a girl's self-esteem? They already receive a barrage of messages from mass mediums, and their peers, that say they have to meet an image, before their bodies have even fully developed. And if it were successfully done, how many boys and girls do you think would walk out of such a process unscathed, without serious sexual repression? (sexual repression might not be such a bad thing for boys during their teenage years though)

Nettrice
Charter member
61747 posts
Sun Mar-27-05 10:36 PM

16. "It seems more widespread now..."
In response to Reply # 10

>the effect that it has on boys is
>different. I don't think I know a teenage boy who you can
>convince that fake breasts are a bad thing.

If they hear from adult males in authority that fake breasts are not as attractive I think it would have some influence. If teenage boys see augmented breasts they'll get an erection, if they see regular ol' breasts they get an erection. But let it get out that natural breasts are in and you'll see both men and women change their mindsets. Of course, it goes deeper than breasts. The whole message that women are props or toys helps to perpetuate the illusion that fake is better.

>And if it were successfully done, how many boys and
>girls do you think would walk out of such a process unscathed,
>without serious sexual repression? (sexual repression might
>not be such a bad thing for boys during their teenage years
>though)

I don't think repression of any kind is a good thing. Being taught how to make responsible and healthy choices is better. I used to cut up my dolls because I wanted to be a doctor but perhaps I was rebelling in my own little girl way. Eventually, my mother stopped buying me dolls and started buying me books, chemistry sets, art supplies, etc. She was very open with me about sex and I got a chance to explore sex (without having it) at an early age.

chrisdefendorf
Member since Dec 27th 2004
1731 posts
Sun Mar-27-05 08:46 PM

Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profileClick to add this author to your buddy listClick to send message via AOL IM
12. "Tell her to look at the overt martyrhood (SELF-destruction)"
In response to Reply # 0

White people are sold on the idea that they can be "Transformed from a Caucasian into an Oriental"!!!

(Lazaris bite)

People get themselves done up so they can't stop smiling!!!!

It's like the Joker from Batman!!!

Seriously... JackNicholson style.

ego-pampering.

You gett your eyes done so you can't close them...

You get a change made to you so you permanently are pissed off!

no matter how good you look after Plastic Surgery, there's ALWAYS gonna be a day when you want to change your look. it's like if I have a great suit, no matter how good looking it is, there's gonna be a day when I don't want to wear it. Or tattoos. there's always gonna be a day when the tattoo doesnt feel appropriate and you don't want to wear the fucking thing, in that sense, and YOU
ARE
FUCKED!!!!!!!!

Have your friend email me. I'll set her straight!

http://profiles.myspace.com/users/10450673

Chris Defendorf: "We're not done!" (sampling KRS-ONE & PUBLIC ENEMY "HIT THE ROAD JACKKK"

Chuck D: "I KNOW we're not done..."

PE REDUCER Hank Shocklee on the words defendorf uses: "inciteful" (C) HS

Nettrice
Charter member
61747 posts
Sun Mar-27-05 10:21 PM

13. "She's only 13"
In response to Reply # 12

...and, thankfully, she's coming out of that. She thinks she's sexy. My next challenge is helping her to understand that she does not need to prove she's sexy.

cashone_again
66 posts
Sun Mar-27-05 10:52 PM

17. "STOP!! you're scaring the hell out of me..."
In response to Reply # 13

I fear the day my first daughter is born. What the hell am i gonna do when she starts trying to dress sexy at 12 years old?

I'm gonna be one of those father's who says nothing to their daughters during their teenage years, in constant fear of saying the wrong thing. It's either that or hearing, "But Dad!?!" when I tell her to go put some damn clothes on. Just point out men's faults when you're with her so she can see them - give her the upper-hand.

Nettrice
Charter member
61747 posts
Sun Mar-27-05 11:10 PM

18. "Fear doesn't work"
In response to Reply # 17

It usually makes it worse. My father tried to scare me but I was always looking for his porn mags when he wasn't home. I was a regular ol' girl and boys were showing me their penises by the time I was 7 (seriously). My sexual exploration was sort of discouraged by my father but not by my mother. She gave me my first sex guide (for teens) when my menstrual cycles started (age 10). That early knowledge encouraged me to keep my legs shut until college.

The best I can do is talk about what is happening to her body, what she feels and what sex is about...a little bit at a time. I've gotten some training through my work and know just how far to go. I let her lead me and I fill in some of the blanks.

cashone_again
66 posts
Mon Mar-28-05 12:32 AM

19. "First thought...Ani DiFranco's lyrics"
In response to Reply # 18

...then I realized I was a little pig too (i'd air my dirty laundry, but i'm learning the ropes around here). So here are my choices : flip the script with a role reversal and offer to buy her fake bombs before she asks (while i silently pray that she says "NO! Daddy that's disgusting," and runs to her room in disbelief. if she says "yes" she'll be in a psychologist's chair so quick her head'll spin) or face the facts, and realize that hell is actually some 5 year old asking my daughter to strip during naptime. My future wife better know what the hell she's doing. When you told your mother about those seven-year old boys, what did she say? I wouldn't know how to explain that at such a young age.

Neither of my solutions are legitimate. Thanks Nettrice, you just saved some unborn child's life - i'm claiming celibacy and getting a dog.

"if you can't overpower 'em, outcute 'em."
-Satchel Paige

"I ducked out and never thought anymore about it. It took me years before I found out it was a mighty little man who did things that way."
-Satchel Paige

Nettrice
Charter member
61747 posts
Mon Mar-28-05 12:55 AM

20. "RE: First thought...Ani DiFranco's lyrics"
In response to Reply # 19
Mon Mar-28-05 12:57 AM by Nettrice

>...then I realized I was a little pig too (i'd air my dirty
>laundry, but i'm learning the ropes around here).

Hey, I was a innocent little girl who observed a lot. It was everyone else who had dirty laundry.

>So here are
>my choices : flip the script with a role reversal and offer to
>buy her fake bombs before she asks (while i silently pray that
>she says "NO! Daddy that's disgusting," and runs to her room
>in disbelief.

Let her lead you. She'll tell you what she's dealing with if she thinks you are open-minded. My Pops was a scary guy but for some reason I felt okay talking to him about some things. When I was 13 and dating a 18 year old, he played street ball with the guy and, suddenly, I was without a boyfriend. There was no talk about sex...I was left with my books. The next time I kept my mouth shut.

>When you told your mother about
>those seven-year old boys, what did she say? I wouldn't know
>how to explain that at such a young age.

She let out a loooong sigh and asked me, "How do you feel?" It was cool because I was scared at first but ended up feeling empowered. She told me to use my head and be extra careful. In other words, "Be smart." We didn't really talk about sex...I learned how to look and not touch. Ha! Seriously, the adults were sooo worried I would mess up and they weren't always around. I was curious (about sex) but determined not to.

>Neither of my solutions are legitimate. Thanks Nettrice, you
>just saved some unborn child's life - i'm claiming celibacy
>and getting a dog.

Yeah, go ahead and run away. You can always neuter the dog.

cashone_again
66 posts
Mon Mar-28-05 05:58 PM

40. "what other people do to you ain't your dirty laundry..."
In response to Reply # 20

>Hey, I was a innocent little girl who observed a lot. It was
>everyone else who had dirty laundry.

i realize that i may of seriously phucked up some lives because i was curious about sexuality at a very young age. looking back at it - they were just objects in my learning experience, hopefully i was for them too.

>There
>was no talk about sex...I was left with my books. The next
>time I kept my mouth shut.

is that the right thing to do though? as a parent? when racism hit my household in the third grade (i had to ask my parents what 'nigger' meant after i had just beat the living shyt out of some kid for saying that's all i was) i was given a plethora of books on marcus, malcolm and martin, so i would learn to take pride in my heritage. the strange thing was - they were given to me by my italian father - which is kind of like a father teaching a daughter about sex. he couldn't really relate to what i was facing, and the message that was sent was. 'educate yourself' and lets not talk about it. race wasn't an issue that came up in the home.

...I learned how to look and not touch. Ha!

>Yeah, go ahead and run away. You can always neuter the dog.
>

first of all - i'm never neutering my dog, its tantamount to cutting my own nuts off - i'd rather live vicariously through him (especially as a celibate).
i see the smile that follows your answer, but is it really running away? i'm actually facing the facts. that i'm gutter, always have been - always will be.

true - it was sexual exploration, and the "imaginative scenarios" i acted out at 5 years old were guided by television movies, which makes me question how much of our sexual identity is our own, and how much is influenced by the images that we receive? i mean, maybe i was 5, but i still know cats that are trying to act scenes out from movies, just to say that they've done it (no creativity)

it's sad to say - but many of the girls i dated in high school - through college - were trophies that boosted my self-esteem, and a woman with fake breasts was the "ultimate." they were considered the national standard for beauty (still are - sadly), and not much different than your 18 year-old trophy - because every teenage girl wants to be with the most mature boy they can find - and at 13 you must have been the SHIT! amongst all your friends. you had reached the pinnacle in your local dating standards. what guides that? friends? elders? mass-mediums?

Nettrice
Charter member
61747 posts
Mon Mar-28-05 08:39 PM

45. "I agree"
In response to Reply # 40

>i realize that i may of seriously phucked up some lives
>because i was curious about sexuality at a very young age.
>looking back at it - they were just objects in my learning
>experience, hopefully i was for them too.

I did the same but it was not supposed to be hurtul. We all learned from the experiences. This is why it's sad when adults close themselves off from young people. I don't condone teenage sex (intercourse) but I recognize how important it is to explore. I liked exploration (it didn't hurt me) as a kid/teenager. Later, in college, it was more about sexual conquest and now I am on a totally new & different level.

>>There
>>was no talk about sex...I was left with my books. The next
>>time I kept my mouth shut.
>
>is that the right thing to do though?

I think the books did a better job of explaining the mechanics and I learned about the rest from observation. Sure, it would have been better to talk to my parents about it when I was 13 but there were limits.

>when racism
>hit my household in the third grade (i had to ask my parents
>what 'nigger' meant after i had just beat the living shyt out
>of some kid for saying that's all i was)

I was in the 1st or 2nd grade when a white kid told me to go back to Africa. I told him to go back to Europe. He looked shocked and did not have a comeback. Again, I knew this information from books, not from my parents. I was quite the bookworm.

>he couldn't
>really relate to what i was facing, and the message that was
>sent was. 'educate yourself' and lets not talk about it. race
>wasn't an issue that came up in the home.

I think if more parents were open about these issues there would be less fear and confusion when things happen outside the home. My parents encouraged me to read and I read whatever I could get me hands on.

> first of all - i'm never neutering my dog, its tantamount to
>cutting my own nuts off - i'd rather live vicariously through
>him (especially as a celibate).
> i see the smile that follows your answer, but is it really
>running away? i'm actually facing the facts. that i'm gutter,
>always have been - always will be.

Why? Is that why you choose to be celibate?

> true - it was sexual exploration, and the "imaginative
>scenarios" i acted out at 5 years old were guided by
>television movies, which makes me question how much of our
>sexual identity is our own, and how much is influenced by the
>images that we receive? i mean, maybe i was 5, but i still
>know cats that are trying to act scenes out from movies, just
>to say that they've done it (no creativity)

Must be a guy thing but maybe not. The first time I saw a boy's penis was when I was outside playing hide-n-go-seek (he called me from a window). The same boy got suspended when he tried to do it during show-n-tell (3rd grade). It was innocent, funny, rebellious. I bought him candy, so he could be my protector at school and soon he said he wanted more than candy. That was scary and exciting. I had a vague idea of what he wanted but not a clue about what was supposed to happen or what he was going to do. It was still "play", nothing serious and my mother trusted me. My father bet I would be pregnant by age 16 (he lost the bet).

>it's sad to say - but many of the girls i dated in high school
>- through college - were trophies that boosted my self-esteem,
>and a woman with fake breasts was the "ultimate." they were
>considered the national standard for beauty (still are -
>sadly), and not much different than your 18 year-old trophy -
>because every teenage girl wants to be with the most mature
>boy they can find - and at 13 you must have been the SHIT!

Nah. I was just shy and boys saw that as being coy meaning: "affectedly modest or shy especially in a playful or provocative way". I developed early (age 10) but I had low self-esteem because I didn't fit the standard...but boys seemed interested, anyway. I liked boys my age. Men meant trouble (especially as a teen).

>amongst all your friends. you had reached the pinnacle in
>your local dating standards. what guides that? friends?
>elders? mass-mediums?

To the elders in my community, I was smart, different, and going places. They were so afraid I would get knocked up or worse. I think there were higher expectations for me and my sister. My friends were getting knocked up right and left. They were getting into trouble and I was the "good girl". They thought if their parents saw them with me they could get away with stuff. I learned from them what not to do.

chrisdefendorf
1731 posts
Mon Mar-28-05 08:48 PM

Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profileClick to add this author to your buddy listClick to send message via AOL IM
47. "They're not Objects. I understand what you're saying."
In response to Reply # 45

Chris Defendorf: "We're not done!" (sampling KRS-ONE & PUBLIC ENEMY "HIT THE ROAD JACKKK"

chrisdefendorf
1731 posts
Mon Mar-28-05 08:53 PM

48. "I'm really enjoying this thread. FOOT=FUCK!!!! in that sensing"
In response to Reply # 45

When we were in High School, some kids used to say "FOOT!" in that sensing, when they couldn't say "FUCK!" or "SHIT!!"

chrisdefendorf
1731 posts
Mon Mar-28-05 01:36 AM

24. "RE-->GUILT TRIPS: guilty confession will not be accepted nor demanded!"

Why is it always about "YOU", in that sensing???

I say this, cause you're giving okayactivist a Guilty Confession, right?

GUILT IS HOSTILITY< AGGRESSIVE HOSTILITY

Take out your garbage. Give it to me (metaphysically) and I'll chop that shit up, granulate it into raw energy and then make new words out of it, nbew resonances.

BUT YOU've GOT TO TAKE IT OUT (YOUR GARBAGE)

"Remember the lOVE" (the most effective and ultimate technique)

chrisdefendorf
1731 posts
Mon Mar-28-05 01:41 AM

25. "ALL MEN ARE MALE CHAUVANIST PIGS (hyperbole sensors 'ON')"

ALL MEN ARE MALE CHAUVANIST PIGS (no hyperbole YET)
ABSOLUTELY, in any sensing.

because it's soooo far backkkk in the cuuullttttuuuuuureee that all men are conditioned to see Women as Objects for Punishment. Read some feminist literature (not you, I'm not singling you out) ./

UNTIL YOU SEE IT AND AWAKEN AND SAY... no, I'm going to be less and less of a Male Chauvanist pig until I can ALWAYS FEEL IT and therefore NEVER act up on women or engage that energy.

I never do things out of guilt, cause then I'm doing something out of ANGERRRRRRRRRRRRRRR

Work with the anger... it turns WOmen ON((("NNNN"))))... Universally.

KILL YOUR MOM IN A MEDITATION instead of punishing ALL women in the guise of Male Chauvanist Pig "Perfection" vibration...

To be a PIG is a choice... but it's NOT an option

"That'll do Babe, That'll do" (from the Movie "BABE" ) what a fguckng graet mvoie!!!

Nettrice
Charter member
61747 posts
Mon Mar-28-05 07:58 AM

27. "People may misunderstand this"
In response to Reply # 25
Mon Mar-28-05 08:00 AM by Nettrice

>because it's soooo far backkkk in the cuuullttttuuuuuureee
>that all men are conditioned to see Women as Objects for
>Punishment. Read some feminist literature (not you, I'm not
>singling you out) ./

The problem is when we agree with the messages or images. I am not a feminist but I support changing certain negative images of women because I am a Black woman and I work with and support young people, i.e. teen girls.

>Work with the anger... it turns WOmen ON((("NNNN"))))...
>Universally.

Many of the young ladies I work with are attracted to the anger. They like having a roughneck, esp. if there was no father around. My Pops was a thug in some ways. He was very angry and very abusive on occasion. Being around him greatly lessened any need I had for that kind of energy. I don't attribute the anger to manhood or masculinity. I recognize the need to have both, a balance. The problem is that so many of us are unbalanced.

chrisdefendorf
1731 posts
Mon Mar-28-05 02:27 PM

31. "ADOlESCENTS only want to fight and fuck"
In response to Reply # 27

I knew that would get you hear. There's also the "CURIOUS ADOLSCENT" part of yourself. That's why you're reding this.

Adolescets are dealing with the fact that
1) their bodys are exploding with hormones Exponentially (it's worth looing up the definiton of that last word)
2) All they are educated to do is to FIGHT or FUCK (in an Adolescent Warrior World with all of these Wars)
3) They go to school and they're scared SHiTLESSSSSSSSS
and, to make it worse,
4) The TEAChERS ARE MORE SCARED OF THE KIDS THAN THE KIDS ARE SCARED OF THE STUDENTS.

You say ou're not a feminist. You're just about one of the MOST feminist people I know.
You don't want women to treat other women equally, and men to do it, too?

Case in point. My current handle on myspace is:
"fat is Protection from Sex"

this is to counter the pseudo feminist idea that "Fat is Feminist Issue".

fat is universally unattractive, and thus protects people from sex from others.

Just because one person said that Fat is a feminist issue, that don't make it veracious.

In a similar sense, people who suuport the things you support and deny that they are feminists are Bad or Worng, they'r ein denial. Which is fine to explore, but if you stay there, those people become LOSERS!!!!!!!!!

apiche??

Nettrice
Charter member
61747 posts
Mon Mar-28-05 02:55 PM

34. "I don't support any kind of "ism""
In response to Reply # 31
Mon Mar-28-05 02:57 PM by Nettrice

This includes feminism. I like to consider the history of things, how my peeps were or weren't supported way back when-vs- today. Alice Walker called her cause "womanism" and that's cool but IMHO it's all about not passing judgement,,,it more about coming from a place of authenticity (and inner power or strength). Many feminists are, in fact, masculine: their new woman wants to be like the old man. Not me. Here's a quote I like:

"As anyone can see, women are being Used and Abused more than ever. Never have they been portrayed so demeaningly in movies, television shows, magazines, and books. And, according to the statistics, the feminine side of the work force is not being paid as much for its efforts as it was twenty years ago. The influence of the (feminists) may not exactly be setting femininity Free, but it is making it Remarkably Cheap." - Benjamin Hoff

Now, as respect for the feminine is disappearing, consequently, so is the state of many things in society. I blame the imbalance (too much masculinity) on the lack of feminine energy in the world. But. hey, that's just me. I am not pro-feminism but I am looking for more of a balance.

>I knew that would get you hear. There's also the "CURIOUS
>ADOLSCENT" part of yourself. That's why you're reding this.

There is no denying that teens have to deal with raging hormones but, for me, it was about play, not actual sex. I've only had one fight in my early life and that was to protect my sister. I do see anything wrong with masculinity and I embrace it but too much is destructive...too much of anything can be life-negating.

chrisdefendorf
1731 posts
Mon Mar-28-05 09:11 PM

49. "excess feminine energy is what is called "EVIL" and about -ism/sysytems"
In response to Reply # 34

Excess feminine energy is EVIL, because that's when you have no "balls" to be able to help anyone else. You need to not be airy-fairy New Age Bullshit, know what I'm saying. 'Clinton/lewinsky: borderline evil how Bill C let it be all about him & Monica instead of defending Mionica's right to choose Bill Clinton, regardless of whether or not he engage d those energies. He felt those feelings. We all did.

doesnt mean we acted on them!!!

As far as isms go, I only smoke grass once a month at most. But feel free to ask again in the future.

an ism is a sysytem. All systems MUST be destroyed. But to not support feminism in a racist country? Why should I throw outr the baby with the bathwater when women ae being beaten.And this supported by women.

WOMEN TRYING TO BE MEN.....

It's fucking pathetic.

So don't be a feminist, but just know that in making that choice, you're supporting Male Chauvanism and the Punishment of Women.

By the way, Pornography is the Punishment of women. Unlike Erotica, which harms ZILCH....

Nettrice
Charter member
61747 posts
Mon Mar-28-05 09:56 PM

50. "Anything in excess can be"
In response to Reply # 49

...destructive. That's why you won't catch me chiefin'.

>So don't be a feminist, but just know that in making that
>choice, you're supporting Male Chauvanism and the Punishment
>of Women.

I pick my battles. I am just trying to sustain my vision and contain my energy.

BTW - Chuck D once told me that "hip-hop isn't anything if we don't control it" and I think the same goes for energy, our images, the media, etc.

chrisdefendorf
1731 posts
Tue Mar-29-05 12:24 AM

54. "the words I use are Important (supressing laughter)"
In response to Reply # 50

>...destructive. That's why you won't catch me chiefin'.

EXCESS OF ANYTHING IS POISON. Destructiveness can be great. I destroy all the time. 100% of the time. AND i always Build, in that sense. Hope you had a great night.

The energy of 'PERFECTION' is a trap, and whenever you engage that energy or it's correlary, "perfecctly imperfect", it always leads to destruction. Always. It seduces your ego and since you won't be perfect until you're dead, you're fucked. 'Perfection' is a static STATE where nothing can/CAN be created. Because you can ALWAYS do something "better". no matter how great it is, you could ALWAYS do it a little more. Ironically, this "striving to tbe the best" is comp0letely self-destructive. You can't have ANY self-esteem, cause you're running around in your head, obsessed. It's painful!!! and the antithesis of Intimate Relationships, you can't have any Intimacy with/within yourself.

>WHATE THE FUCK IS CHEIEFIN'????
(misspelled intentionally, cause it's funnier.) BACK THE FUCK UP, RASPBERRY!

>>So don't be a feminist, but just know that in making that
>>choice, you're supporting Male Chauvanism and the Punishment
>>of Women.
>
>I pick my battles. I am just trying to sustain my vision and
>contain my energy.

The words I use are
I CHOOSE MY BATTLES.

Don't contain your energy, That's what Warrior losers do. Conceive of your energy in a New way, or Percieve your energy in a new, inventive way.
As long as you're seeking trust in yourself first and then selectively seeking trust in other people, you are GOLDEN, as in ERA.

>
>BTW - Chuck D once told me that "hip-hop isn't anything if we
>don't control it" and I think the same goes for energy, our
>images, the media, etc.

The words I use are "There's something about owning somethng". I talked to Hank (PE's PRODUCER) about the same exact thing. It was sooooo funny. Cause we're talking about sampling, and he's like, "I never pay (to clear) samples".

And I said "I know".

"There's something about owning something. if you steal, the slightest amount of guilt holds back the Success of whatever you're working on back THAT MUCH MORE. ".

I thihnk that that's really key, OWNERSHIP. This is why I put together my Bottom Lines... Malcolm talked about Revolution being about LAND,always.

So who owns the land? the OWNERZ, in the Gang Starr sense.

There it is, PE ayy see eee

It's a Darkness thing, you wouldn't understand.
(Darkness is completely un-Illuminated, so it's IMPOSSIBLE for anyone else to see or for that matter, to HAVE something to understand. )

Nettrice
Charter member
61747 posts
Tue Mar-29-05 09:18 AM

56. "RE: the words I use are Important (supressing laughter)"
In response to Reply # 54

>>...destructive. That's why you won't catch me chiefin'.

>The energy of 'PERFECTION' is a trap, and whenever you engage
>that energy or it's correlary, "perfecctly imperfect", it
>always leads to destruction. Always. It seduces your ego and
>since you won't be perfect until you're dead, you're fucked.

I definately don't seek perfection. I seek the path, or journey and not an outcome or end. I am all about exploring unlimited potential and I am sometimes disappointed but never discouraged.

>>WHATE THE FUCK IS CHEIEFIN'????
>(misspelled intentionally, cause it's funnier.) BACK THE FUCK
>UP, RASPBERRY!

Smoking weed.

>The words I use are
>I CHOOSE MY BATTLES.

I use that too but I am noticing how things I don't even care about saps my energy (and stamina), so I don't have any to put into what I do care about.

chrisdefendorf
1731 posts
Mon Mar-28-05 10:51 PM

51. "right"
In response to Reply # 27

the anger doesnt have anything to do with men or masculinity. it's humanm emotion it. either yoiu channell it, release it ir be a victim of it,,,, you reality reflects your emotions, more and more...

cashone_again
66 posts
Tue Mar-29-05 12:04 AM

52. "you're quick chris..."
In response to Reply # 25

you don't need me to tell you that, but when i first hit the boards i thought you were nuts! what bothers me now is that you're starting to make sense. stay up.

chrisdefendorf
1731 posts
Tue Mar-29-05 12:33 AM

55. "Who's not nuts???? The JUDGEMENTAL JUDGE, who is nuts but"
In response to Reply # 52

don't want nobody to catch her.

Ironically, when people said I didn't make sense, they were being sooooouptight. Becasue I said EVERY SINGLE time I posted in the beginning that I was intentioanlly leaving at LEAST ONE THING OUT. Always do. 100% of the tyime I talke to anyone about this or that or ANY SUBJECT.

People just had a lot of Judgement in their structure, as a whole for okayactivist. that's the "Stiffiness' that is in the Lobby description.

FUCK Stuffy! (Unless she's cute. THE FUUUUCCCCCKKKKKK stuffy. Get the shit fucked out of yourself by Stuffy. As long as she's of AGE!!!

Also, I may look quick, but sometimes I intentionally do not respond to a post so I can channel anger. If I don't , it's not as much chrisdefendorf-like.

Thats' why I say, if you are going to be mad unless you respond to a post right away, you're destroying yourself & your reality. And okaplayery.

Because if you do something out of anger, yud best bet your reality is going to dump that anger RIGHT back at you.

Work with the anger, instead of being worked BY it.

I say: Kill your enemies in your mind./ Don't project the energy onto them... or anyone else...

In the ear;ly days, too (3 months back )
I always said I'm just planting seeds. Everyone has an ego. And I knew that I would not allow myself to be martyred or to martyr anyone else.

Thanks for the feedbakc.

In that sensing.

chrisdefendorf
1731 posts
Mon Mar-28-05 01:33 AM

23. "Fear is a CHOICE, BUT IT IS NOT A GODDAMN FUCKING OPTION!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!"
In response to Reply # 18

especially not with Activists.

Activism is about the FUTURE TAPE LOOPS we want to create, nnot putting our attention on past limiting and destructive tape loops (unless we all can hear that Janet Jackson VOICE: "4,3,2,1 EDIT!!!!""""

SIGGGGGY SIG::

"Don't push me, cause I'm close to the editor"
Chris Defendorf to Will Calhoun and Living Colour

Nettrice
Charter member
61747 posts
Mon Mar-28-05 08:04 AM

28. "You can't run from fear"
In response to Reply # 23

...but you can override it. It takes commitment and having an open mind.

>especially not with Activists.
>
>Activism is about the FUTURE TAPE LOOPS we want to create,
>nnot putting our attention on past limiting and destructive
>tape loops (unless we all can hear that Janet Jackson VOICE:
>"4,3,2,1 EDIT!!!!""""

Some people don't even realize that they are on destruct or self-destruct mode, even with their loved ones. They don't realize that they are attacking, not building. They may not even know how to build in a relationship. My issue is with young women who can't tell the difference between life negating and life affirming behaviors.

chrisdefendorf
1731 posts
Mon Mar-28-05 01:29 AM

22. "STOP DUMPING SEXUAL SHAME AND GUILT OVER WOMEN!!!!"
In response to Reply # 17

Fear is Hostility. and Hostility is FEAR.

You're going to deal with your paranoia by trying to control sexual energy???

It doesn't work. Look at me. I was raised Catholic. IT IS CRIMINAL FOr you to wrong Nettricve by being in that energy, being a lOSER.

You just gave a VERY VERY Negative and False Message (and HURTFUL/CRUEL) Message to Nettrice's Inner CHild.

If she were to engage that energy, she'd be giving a VERY Negative message to her friend.

In the words of Richard Pryor:
"Some Whiteboys don't PLAY that shit... ALL RIGHT, Cut the SHit!

With Love and Peace to Nettrice. DO NOT GO AFTER MY FRIEND! I don't go after you... What the fuck is going on here ? Can't you hear the crying that McKinney can hear? if not, you need to watch that Video clip AT LEAST 5 times before you come to me. ANd I will know if you ain't done it.

To be Spiritual is a choice. Are you in? If so, Make a different choice than to put garbage (sexual shame & guilt) on our shared Cyberspace. This beloved place is SACRED!!!!!

FUCK YOU, stop trying to control me, Me and My Momma and Your momma, and your cousins, too are going to do whatever we want to do with you in our minds.

STOP GIVING OKAYPLAYER TO YOUR GOTDAMN FUCKING NEGATIVE EGO!!!!

"REMEMBER THE LOVE"

chrisdefendorf
1731 posts
Mon Mar-28-05 01:16 AM

21. "give her this" YOu don't need to tell me I'm pretty" [LINK] & Lyrics swi..."
In response to Reply # 13

LINK follows swipe

MY COMMENT FOR THE SWIPE:::

THIS IS A GREAT song. get the song from Samantha Mumba, and listen to it with her.
Work with the Anger first, until you're comfy and then tell her you don't support her (insert words about the Sleeping Beauty myth here)

and then be there for yourself while you play it . Tell her (when appropriate) that you played it "FOR HER", in that sensing.

Pretend you're a DJ. If you can't pretend yu're a DJ, PRETEND that you can PRETEND that you're a DJ.

Get her to pretend (cause you can pretend) that she doesn't need outside validation as a source of Self-Esteem. Tell her that LOVE that you earn from yourself i similar to MONEYthat you earn for yourself. She can't get self-esteem form you, because you're not HER.

Be the "Fathering" energy, in that sensing.

Resist your ego's demand for perfection. Get out of your head, don't think, and if she tells you that she's having problems with what you're saying, tell her to enjoy herself, she can judge it ALL DAY TOMORROW, in that sensing.

Here are the lyrics.... ("It's time to play the lyrics" ... "BUM RUSH THE SOUND!!!!"
THIS IS A GREAT SONG!!!!/RESONANCE/"VIBRTION"...

SAMANTHA MUMBA LYRICS

"Don't Need You To Tell Me I'm Pretty"

I don't need you to
Tell me i'm pretty to make me feel beautiful
I don't need you to
Give me your strength to make me feel i'm strong
I got all of this strength that I need here
inside my own two hands
All that I want is your love and respect for who I am
What I really need
Comes from deep inside of me

Don't need you to tell me i'm pretty to make me feel beautiful
Don't need you to make me strong cuz i'm strong all on my own
Doesn't come from outside
This beauty I know
Comes from inside my soul

Don't need you to tell me I'm pretty

I don't need you to
Believe in me to make me know im worth believing in
I don't need you to
Lift me up high to know I can stand tall ( I can stand tall)

I can stand my own ground
I can stand proud upon my own two feet
Don't have to be part of somebody else
To be complete
What I really need
Comes from deep inside of me

Don't need to come to you for...confirmation
Because I finally found too...this revelation
What I really need ( what I really need)
Im gonna find inside of me (find inside of me)
Not in somebody else
Respect...comes when you respect yourself

Don't need you to tell me i'm pretty to make me feel beautiful
Don't need you to lift me up, i can stand up on my own
Doesn't come from outside
This beauty I know (I know)
Comes from inside my soul

Don't need you to tell me i'm pretty to know i'm beautiful

http://www.azlyrics.com/lyrics/samanthamumba/dontneedyoutotellmeimpretty.html

Nettrice
Charter member
61747 posts
Mon Mar-28-05 07:43 AM

26. "Modeling is very important"
In response to Reply # 21

It was for me and it is for her. I inherited a certain openness and tolerance from my mother without a need to seek justification for who I was/am. Unfortunately, my friend isn't so lucky and songs can only do so much to show alternative, more life affirming behaviors.

Girls say they don't need models but they really do. They really are looking for positive images and behaviors.

>
>Don't need you to tell me i'm pretty to make me feel
>beautiful
>Don't need you to make me strong cuz i'm strong all on my own
>Doesn't come from outside
>This beauty I know
>Comes from inside my soul
>
>Don't need you to tell me I'm pretty

Thanks for this...but believe me she already thinks she's pretty. We're a good match because it took years for me to get to a place she's already at at age 13. It's the sexy thing that is the issue. Because of her abandonment by her father, she is trying so hard to make up for the lack of attention and love with boys. I see it all the time and try hard to relate (my father never left). In this case, being sexy means being wanted, loved, needed, etc. Having sex means the same thing and this is where we mess up.

chrisdefendorf
1731 posts
Mon Mar-28-05 02:16 PM

30. "i would suggest"
In response to Reply # 26
Mon Mar-28-05 02:20 PM by chrisdefendorf

that music is emotion in time/space. That's all.
when you first listen to a piece of music, it "MARKS" your body senstions . Kind of like the double meaningof cosmetic sergery (a more khemetic one). This means that the next time you listen to it, it brings you back emotionally to the same exact emotinl place you were there. It's kind of like when you share a meal with someone..... what you eat becomes you, . When you digest music, it becomes you in the FULLEST sense of the word.

Also, when I'm suggesting music for people, I very rarely if ever suggest a piece which would appeal to their Adolescent Warrior. This one appeals to your Inner Free Child and your Curious Adolescent. I BEG you to listen to it, and then , if you like it, Play it for her.....

KHEMETIC SURGERY!!! Love it!

(still lol )

if I recommend music with words in it, KNOW that I want you to hear those words, every one. Don't take the song Literally, nettrice. if you stay in your power, you will be being a VERY positive role model forher. The message of my giving you this song is
"DON"T GIVE NETTRICE's/ "YOUR" POWER TO THE MUSIC... EVER. And certainly not to samantha mumba. You can put your power IN, but ALWAYS make sure to take your power back 100%.

It's your reality, so those words i that song are YOUR words. They're inside of you. As is this lady.

Do whatever you want with both...

in that sensing.

PEACE

You have a shitload/SHEEEETLOAD of Charachter and Integrity. your negative Ego has ZILCH. Who do you want to be helpful to? The monkey or the young lady????

CHOOSE THE YOUNG LADY!!!

Nettrice
Charter member
61747 posts
Mon Mar-28-05 03:03 PM

36. "Oh, I'll let her hear the song but"
In response to Reply # 30

...I am noting that her main issue is related to her lack of relationships with men (father). I can't fill that role but I can help her be more proactive and aware.

chrisdefendorf
1731 posts
Mon Mar-28-05 04:40 PM

38. "and that's precisely my point"
In response to Reply # 36

You learn about Unconditional Love from your Mother and the mother energy.

NO MATTER WHAT you do, your mother will ALLWAYS love you. Look at Hitler. No matter how Guilty (and he is the epitome of Guilt... whenever anyone talks about Hitler, they're talking about GUILT, 100% of the time)

No matter how guilty he was/is, his mother will ALWAYS be like ... well, i know I don't speak for anyone else, but,

"That's my little ADOLF!!!!!! He's guilty, but sadly, that 's what he does/did!"

YOur father or Father figure is where you learn how to EARN love.

Self-Esteem you learn from your fathering energy, father figure, or your mother when she engages fathering energy.

For instance, although I have a great dad, Malcolm X was kind of a father figure to me when I was a kid (second grade copyin gthe dictionary word-for word like Malcolm did).

I learned that in order to connect with myself and be creative, I had to earn something from myself. Because if everybody else thought my dictionary or creative projects were good enough or not, I know for a fact that i LOVE good enough. And I didn't get that from my mom, because even if I DIDn'T love "good enough" in that sensing, she'd still crack and say,,, okay, you do love "good enough". Even if it was detrimental to me getting that much more self-esteem, becasue she
LOVES ME unconditionally.

Care without COndition
Love without Constriction (anger,limiting emotions)
thats UNCONDITIONAL LOVE.

However, unless you learn about Self-Esteem from someone who can engage that s0-called (appropriately)(Fathering Energy) that you get from Fathers, Father Figures, or Women who GROK Self-Esteem (as you do, Nettrice)
you are fucked!!!

Becasue if you go to a job and expect them to loveyou unconditionally like Mommy did, you're punishing them. EVERY SINGLE PERSON.
and you'll get fired.
The more self-esteem you have, the more of that "Information" (in that sensing) that you have, the greater your chance for creating Abundance. of Money, and of an abundance of Loving Reltionships.

Look at the Evil in the world. YOu can at least say there is some (EVIL)when 24,000 children die of starvation, while another 50 to 100 thousand AT LEAST die of fully preventable causes.

The problem is not that those fatcats who run shit (men and women trying to be men ) didn't get enough love from Mommy or Daddy. If they didnt get enough love from their parents, they'd be in an institution , a hospital someplace.

The problem is that Humanity is ashamed about the War in Iraq and many many many people are in a Crisis of Charachter. We've all been conditioned to punish for aeons. How do you stop??? How do you allow or create or allow/create the shift that will have the most true, getting truer impact on you and your world?

How can you have impact on this girl? Just handle it the best you can!!!!!!

Nettrice, just handle it the best that you can, in that sensing.

She probably won't judge you for anything you do. If she's under 18, she's projecting Mother onto you.

Just don't engage that energy, and you're all set.

If you go for the love, you can't go wrong. If you go for anything else, you are FUCKED!!!! ROYALLLLLLYYY!Y!!!!!!!!!!

"Just handle it the best way you can"
the above was a sample from Chris Defendorf. All Rights Reserved. Please respect the rights of the Copyright Holders and DO NOT MAKE COPIES. to do so is a VIOLATION! Let this information sit on okayservers... let them build up their biz, bitches!!!

You can be uncomfortable and struggle and suffer with this girl for 3-4 hours, in that sensing... Be there for the other person.!!!!

Be Spiritual instead of a LOSER. When you were 13 you might not have known how to stay in your power. But you sure as hell do now. Can I get a co-sign?

"TESTIFY!!!"

Nettrice
Charter member
61747 posts
Mon Mar-28-05 05:23 PM

39. "Hey"
In response to Reply # 38

:-) I get ya. I think people can have both mothering and fathering energies but some have more of one than the other, thus, the need to have access to both parents, guardians, or mentors. When I was 16 I had two important mentors (a married couple). It was as if they took on specific roles or turns with me. Of the two, the guy was the bigger influence. He filled where my father couldn't. I spent a lot of time with him and his family (they were artisans).

>Self-Esteem you learn from your fathering energy, father
>figure, or your mother when she engages fathering energy.

My male mentor used to say almost every single day, "You bad!" Of course, this was bad meaning good. It was like he was giving me confidence to take on all the b.s. going on. However, in retrospect, I think he exhibited feminine energy, too. His wife was harder on me, less nurturing but very supportive. That's why I think a balance is important.

>The problem is not that those fatcats who run shit (men and
>women trying to be men ) didn't get enough love from
>Mommy or Daddy. If they didnt get enough love from their
>parents, they'd be in an institution , a hospital someplace.

Or worse...you'd be surprised how many addicts are running things.

>We've
>all been conditioned to punish for aeons. How do you stop???
>How do you allow or create or allow/create the shift that will
>have the most true, getting truer impact on you and your
>world?

Turning the negative into positive, attracting positive with positive, pivoting...all of these things require transformation. Also, cultivating compassion (with economy and humility) helps.

>How can you have impact on this girl? Just handle it the best
>you can!!!!!!

Oh, I am.

>Be Spiritual instead of a LOSER. When you were 13 you might
>not have known how to stay in your power. But you sure as hell
>do now. Can I get a co-sign?

Co-sign.

chrisdefendorf
1731 posts
Mon Mar-28-05 07:26 PM

41. "FUCKING MADEMY NIGHT WITH BEING SO CREATIVE (cosigning a post about you)"
In response to Reply # 39

you fucking made my night with you being so creative by co-signing a post about you. I love you.

I think you should look into the mirror and congratulate yourself on being so self-loving. YTOu have a ton of self-esteem.

Tell your girl to do the same thing.

YOu see, if you try to love or be loving and you have no-self-esteem, you actually do damage to yourself and the person you're trying to be loving.

Being loving is Not simple., But it can be easy in it's complexity, as Lazaris has said.

If you try to rip yourself to shreds by being loving w/no fucking self-esteem, you need to LOVE yourself first.

In the mirror, YOU!!!!

chrisdefendorf
1731 posts
Mon Mar-28-05 07:41 PM

42. "Masculine/Mothering/Feminine/Fathering energy WTF???? ! A.N.S.W.E.R."
In response to Reply # 39

Masculine energy and feminine energy are the two polarities of duality.

feminine energy is expanisve (think of aninfinite amount of straight lines extending forever and ever and ever and ever (KRS WAKES UP)
in an infinite amount of directions.

First there was FEMININE ENERGY. It could have created EVERYTHING, but Feminine energy prefers co-creation, so Feminine Energy Created MASCULINE energy. FOCUS.

Masculine Energy is HYPERCHAUVANISTIC, in that sensing. I't the Hyperfocusing 'ISNESS' of Masculine Energy that keeps dicks hard , causes books to be written instead of existing "solely" and "just" in the Feminine Energy of Imagination.

IT HAS ZERO, ZILCH, NAD to do with MEN. just as feminine energy has NOTHING to do with WOMEN, METAPHYSICALLY/PSYCHICALLY speaking.

However, if you came into this incarnation as a woman, that means you wanted a vehicle (the female body) that expressed feminine energy MORE than Masculine Energy. Otherwise you'd be a EUNUCH or a HERMAPHRODITE (THOSE ARE FUN!!! (That's a joke. but I'm staying open, in that sensing ).

Or a Man.

A man does not, does not , does not represent Masculine Energy. NO, a man's body represents the expression of one's consciousness to express MASCUILINE ENERGY.

This is why "size isn't important" . If yo8u love someone, you can fuck 'em without being hard!!!! This Viagra shit? COMPLETE and TOTAL MALE Chauvanist performance. Completely.

The Hyperfocusing ISNESS of Masculine Energy means that for the most part, the CHAUVANISTIC FOCUSING QUalities of Masculine energy are expressed by men being Physically stronger.

This is where the Male Chauvanism is born, when you mistake the Chauvanism of ther FOCUs of Maculine Energy and say you've got it all. No. Masculline Energy only exists because Feminine Energy prefers co-creation. Other wise there might have been men, but there wouldnt have been Masculne Energy.
MASCULINE ENERGY IN METAPHYSICAL/PSYCHIC terminology is
"GOD"
FEMININE ENERGY is METAPHYSICAL/PSYCHIC terminology is "the GODDESS"

No woman is the GOddess or is A goddess, for that matter. We've all got many many mny thousands of Gods and Goddessess within us.

The Irony is that if you give your masculine energy to your ego, you end up punishing Women through Objectification. Which makes women scatter form you.

IRONICALLY, if you're a male chauvanist pig, you give all ofyour Masculine Energy to WOMEN, not to MEN.

You give all of your Power, your true power, which is born from fusing Masculine and Femine Energy, over to the Illusion, in that sensing. Over to WOmen.

Fathering Energy is energy that expresses more focus, going for "PERFEcTION"
Mothering Energy is energy that expresses more seeking of TRUST

Ifyou have no Masculine energy, you can't be in the 3-D world of your reality.

If you have no feminine energy, you can't even imagine a diss of suavebr0, since that would require imagination (not much, there, actually.

Note that there is a distinction between suavebr0 and my beloved rasuave_broperry,
suave_bro. Call him Sir.

PEACE>>>>>>>>>>

Nettrice
Charter member
61747 posts
Mon Mar-28-05 08:13 PM

43. "Energy=duality=basic nature"
In response to Reply # 42

>Masculine energy and feminine energy are the two polarities
>of duality.

Yep. We definately need both or a balance to affirm life.

BTW - I don't view sex as fucking, anymore. To me it's more "sacred" or emanating from God (divine). We have these bodies, these containers of power that is part of the universe and we just use them for gratuitous sex? IMHO that is why there is no harmony or sense of connectedness between people, anymore. Everything in the media is so superficial, so masculine-oriented. There is so much more to sex, especially as it relates to spirituality.

Perhaps our basic nature is about balancing energies, about connecting with people on a physical AND spiritual/emotional level...rather than focus on just one aspect like so many people do (thanks to the media). Media does lots to distract people and keep folks from being in harmony with nature. It's a shame.

chrisdefendorf
1731 posts
Mon Mar-28-05 08:32 PM

44. "HUMAN NATURE IS TO BE LOVING. (Professor Griff knows.. (SAMLL SWIPE))"
In response to Reply # 43

and, please, before someone tells Me & Nettrice to get a room, just know I got something for your asssss...

That's not a typo.

I agree, Nettrice. I think you might be interested in Tantra.
1Tantra.com is run by a friend (not lover) of mine named Carla Tara. I connect with her creativity and she with mine. She's great.

Um, Tantra in my view (not Carla's ) has NOTHING to do with sex.

it has to do with fusing the polarities withinn the body of oneself first to create harmony and balance,

by the way , you wrote something like "JUST" (fill in the blanks) FUCKING??

WTF?

Choose your partners well. What I tell people is you don't have to love the person you're fucking, just tell them that you won't project Mother or Father roles on them, in that sensing.

I say wtf because if you have a relationship with someone (NOT A SUPERFICIAL RELATIONHIP, note the exception) YOu can "JUST " fuck the shit out of each other ... and it's great. Self-exploration....

Expl;oring your reality.

I would suggest eye-gazing...

And Nettrice and I are not fucking. We're "romancing", if you need a word. It's a good word. Humans need to do more romancing instead of this arguing Adolescent Warrior shit.

Men need to learn how to be more sweet to women. Women have to learn to allow their fathers to be men, let the fucker be just another guy who hurt you. LET HIM OFF THE FUCKING HOOKL.

PEEACE!!!!

Check my new myspace handle: FAT IS PROTECTION FROM SEX.

Great pictures............

note the VERY funny caption under myfriend the Jewish Jeweler, Michelle Krespi.
She is "responsible for the majority of wickedness that goes on around the globe" to bite
Professor Griff

"YO I aint Milquetoast.

AND..."

Nettrice
Charter member
61747 posts
Mon Mar-28-05 08:47 PM

46. "LOL!"
In response to Reply # 44

>and, please, before someone tells Me & Nettrice to get a
>room, just know I got something for your asssss...

I think folks know this is an online board.

>I agree, Nettrice. I think you might be interested in Tantra.
>
>1Tantra.com is run by a friend (not lover) of mine named Carla
>Tara. I connect with her creativity and she with mine. She's
>great.
>
>Um, Tantra in my view (not Carla's ) has NOTHING to do with
>sex.

I know about, tried it, and now I am trying other things. I'll leave it at that. Ha!

>Choose your partners well. What I tell people is you don't
>have to love the person you're fucking, just tell them that
>you won't project Mother or Father roles on them, in that
>sensing.

Well, if I don't love him we're not fucking. I have no problem with having sexual intercourse but if I am not feeling him spiritually then nothing's happening. I used to be confused about that but not anymore.

cashone_again
66 posts
Tue Mar-29-05 12:07 AM

53. "RE: Energy=duality=basic nature"
In response to Reply # 43

you're blessed kid.

brain drain
Member since Dec 03rd 2004
267 posts
Mon Mar-28-05 01:56 PM

29. "self improvement"
In response to Reply # 0

i'm planning on getting a nose job in the near future.

i have a bump in my nose that i want to get rid of. not sure if it's because it's been broken or because of poor genetics.

either way it's a flaw, i'd like to get fixed. no different than denting a car door and getting it fixed in my book.

Nettrice
Charter member
61747 posts
Mon Mar-28-05 02:34 PM

32. "Why is it a flaw?"
In response to Reply # 29

>i'm planning on getting a nose job in the near future.
>
>i have a bump in my nose that i want to get rid of. not sure
>if it's because it's been broken or because of poor genetics.
>
>either way it's a flaw, i'd like to get fixed. no different
>than denting a car door and getting it fixed in my book.

moot_point
Member since Mar 22nd 2005
3842 posts
Mon Mar-28-05 02:42 PM

33. "RE: Why is it a flaw?"
In response to Reply # 32

Everybody is flawed so I suppose a logical argument that can stem from this is that nobody is flawed!!!

Are silicon implants degradable? If not, will archeologists be able to open the tombs of 21st century women a thousand years from now and find a set of bones and a pair of implants? Just a thought

Nettrice
Charter member
61747 posts
Mon Mar-28-05 02:59 PM

35. "RE: Why is it a flaw?"
In response to Reply # 33

>Everybody is flawed so I suppose a logical argument that can
>stem from this is that nobody is flawed!!!

Yep. I agree with this. Noone is perfect and I prefer natural or authentic to synthetic...but it depends. People are going to do what they do. I just want to know what is wrong with a "flaw".

>Are silicon implants degradable? If not, will archeologists be
>able to open the tombs of 21st century women a thousand years
>from now and find a set of bones and a pair of implants?

Or much worse...

grshoppa
Member since Mar 28th 2004
25 posts
Mon Mar-28-05 03:10 PM

37. "simulacrum"
In response to Reply # 33

a few years ago in college i attended a seminar where the main topic was the representation of women in the media. many issues were brought up and several key points were made, but one discussion that certainly made an impression was the disseration topic of one post graduate student. her subject matter was lil'kim and her process at becoming a simulacrum of pamela anderson. at the time i felt like the student had gotten a little carried away, however in retrospect i realize she was in fact making an extremely valid point.
rather than correcting a flaw or simply enhancing a few traits lil'kim has made the best effort to erase certain characteristics of herself and go with images she considers more appropriate for her current status.
cosmetic surgery is a flexible debate at best, in the sense that it is definitely up to the individual to do what they will with their own body. and it can be endlessly argued whether or not it is the media that dictates the obsession or society that dictates the media. but when my sister lightens her hair obsessively and my nieces desire lighter skin based on the images that they are indunuated with, i begin to wonder why we women don't make more of an effort to understand why we have made certain choices and where these choices will lead us.

" ...lets not think of tomorrow, but lets enjoy this fleeting moment of life..."

brain drain
Member since Dec 03rd 2004
267 posts
Tue Mar-29-05 09:52 PM

57. "RE: Why is it a flaw?"
In response to Reply # 32

because it's ugly.

Lobby Okay Activist Archives topic #29497 Previous topic | Next topic