Printer-friendly copy Email this topic to a friend
Lobby Okay Activist Archives topic #26830

Subject: "Blacks: You disrepect your ancestors when you don't vote." This topic is locked.
Previous topic | Next topic
Natural Mystic
Charter member

"Blacks: You disrepect your ancestors when you don't vote."

Especially the youth.

it makes me fucking sick to my stomach when i read vibe, xxl, rolling ect, and i go thru the editorial parts of these magazines and read about youth NOT voting and why. Even certain rappers making statements such as 'voting is useless.'

I dont care what your reasons are.

I wanna know this.
What the fuck did my grandmother boycott buses for?
Why did we march on washington?
What were Malcolm and Martin fighting the ignorance and racism for?
Why did ella baker organize so many black people to protest for?
What did some of these people DIE for?

equal opportunity, education, and the RIGHT TO VOTE.
To have SOME type of voice within a country built for many men not of our skin tone.

And here we are, less than one to two generations removed from an era of struggle that you cant even THINK to relate to, and you are throwing all of their hard work into the fucking garbage. throwing it back in their faces. listening to rappers who dont wanna vote sing nigga this and nigga that, (another word they foght HARD to NEVER HEAR AGAIN), but not making some type of effort to make CHANGE in this country. You might as well shit on the graves of all who have died trying to educate themselves on the political process of this country when you dont vote.

why doesnt my generation get it?

shit i got it. the first thing i did when i turned 18 was register to vote. i was raised in a household where NOT voting was NOT an option.

and here we are, throwing everything away.

it is evidence that black people have no value to,or appreciation of our history, where we come from and what we believe in.

the shit is ungrateful and a slap in the face to ALL of our ancestors who died coming here, to BE here, and to be treated equally here.

period.

/endangryrant

Printer-friendly copy | Top

Topic Outline
Subject Author Message Date ID
They fought for our rights, period
Mar 03rd 2005
i guess my disapointment lies
Mar 07th 2005
so what did u actually vote for Brotha??
Mar 03rd 2005
well....
Mar 07th 2005
Give us us free
Mar 03rd 2005
lol
Mar 03rd 2005
RE: Give us us free
Mar 07th 2005
DEPENDS...do you see the glass half full...or
Mar 03rd 2005
wow.
Mar 07th 2005
      I'll pray for you, cool?
Mar 08th 2005
           *sigh* another hostile one.
Mar 08th 2005
                sorry pal...can't fabricate hostility via your incapability to:
Mar 08th 2005
I will smoke crack before i vote in a rigged election
Mar 03rd 2005
so instead of doing this
Mar 07th 2005
      what has voting done to improve the black community?
Mar 07th 2005
           i think
Mar 08th 2005
Local Voting should matter for Black Folk
Mar 03rd 2005
and there you have it.
Mar 07th 2005
i disagree
Mar 07th 2005
im feelin this:
Mar 07th 2005
      You were just digusted, now you feelin not votin?
Mar 07th 2005
      arent you hostile.
Mar 08th 2005
           You call that sarcasm?
Mar 09th 2005
                you're nit picking
Mar 10th 2005
                     Call it what you want Punk!
Mar 10th 2005
                          eh.
Mar 10th 2005
      I'm not Privy to Thinking...
Mar 07th 2005
           RE: I'm not Privy to Thinking...
Mar 08th 2005
Dumb ass argument.
Mar 08th 2005
Dumb ass Response.
Mar 08th 2005
      RE: Dumb ass Response.
Mar 10th 2005
      RE: Dumb ass Response.
Mar 10th 2005
Ask yourself a few questions....
Mar 08th 2005
RE: Ask yourself a few questions....
Mar 27th 2005
SHITTING ON YOUR ANCESTORS is great (the Gravitational magnitude) [LINK]
Mar 27th 2005
Sad to say but many died in vain to vote
Mar 09th 2005
bullshit. guilt trips don't work.. your vote doesnt count
Mar 09th 2005
YOU KICK ASS!!!
Mar 10th 2005
      Aint he on point with that?
Mar 10th 2005
      your welcome, but just know i don't support you saying x
Mar 27th 2005
RE: Blacks: You disrepect your ancestors when you don't vote.
Mar 10th 2005
raspberry
Mar 10th 2005
      what does raspberry mean?
Mar 26th 2005
           no, Defendorf means "Raspberry"
Mar 26th 2005
you could say the same thing to those who don't value education**
Mar 26th 2005
and you'd be stupid, too.
Mar 26th 2005
didn't more african americans vote in this past presidential election
Mar 27th 2005
I appreciate your spirit.....
Mar 27th 2005
      are we talking about the same thing?
Mar 27th 2005
Voting is slightly more effective than prayer..
Mar 27th 2005
Pray/vote: smash the mirror!!!! If I hit a blockage,
Mar 27th 2005
Voting is a tool, a mechanism and it can't fix everything...
Mar 27th 2005

Nettrice
Charter member
61747 posts
Thu Mar-03-05 12:33 PM

Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profileClick to add this author to your buddy list
1. "They fought for our rights, period"
In response to Reply # 0

I must admit that I was disappointed when my mentee did not vote last year but her excuse was the same as mine when I was her age..and even older. It wasn't that we felt our votes did not matter...we felt like it did not matter who was in office (regardless it would be bad) or at least we were looking as the same shit, different day(s). Personally, I wanted the whole system to be overhauled. I wanted revolution not voter registration. In many ways I still feel the same way but I wanted anybody but Bush last year.

Also, I found a definition of "right" at www.cogsci.princeton.edu/cgi-bin/webwn

Right is "an abstract idea of that which is due to a person or governmental body by law or tradition or nature; "they are endowed by their Creator with certain unalienable Rights"; "Certain rights can never be granted to the government but must be kept in the hands of the people"- Eleanor Roosevelt; "a right is not something that somebody gives you; it is something that nobody can take away"

IMHO our ancestors fought and died for more than our right to vote. They fought for our rights as human beings, as citizens, as individuals, and as positive, productive members of our communities. These rights are not always guaranteed by whomever is in office or who sits in Capitol Hill.

My mentee was aware of this more than anything. We have to teach young people that they matter, that their contributions matter in order to see how they might impact the larger world. We have to teach young people how to think more critically and be media literate.

>To have SOME type of voice within a country built for many
>men not of our skin tone.

There is some question in many minds what and who exactly this country was built for but I agree that people should take more of an active role in who gets elected. It's the bigger picture I am looking at...as well as my awareness of my own role and the terms in which I choose to live. For this last thing I have my ancestors to thank.

<--- Blame this lady for Nutty.

Natural Mystic
Charter member

11. "i guess my disapointment lies"
In response to Reply # 1

in the fact that we a a community are not using the rights that we are born with, when there are so many out there before us and in this world right now who wish they could vote and have some opportunity to have a voice.

and i understand your mentee's thinking. but it always matters. if you think about all the people who say 'voting doesnt matter...' if all those people would just get up and vote... it just might make a difference.

G_Smooth
Member since Oct 07th 2003
4109 posts
Thu Mar-03-05 01:14 PM

Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profileClick to add this author to your buddy list
2. "so what did u actually vote for Brotha??"
In response to Reply # 0

WE are not all Apathetic in terms of voting or master His-Story....I just want to know, what were u actually voting for when u lined up in those booths??

Natural Mystic
Charter member

12. "well...."
In response to Reply # 2

first, im a girl. hi.

secondly, i wasnt really talking about the presidental election persay. the LA election is this week and i was just thinking about shit. which led to this angry rant.

third, since were talking about the presidental election, i was voting not for a person, or for an ideal, seeing as neither of them had much to say anyways.

at the core of me, i have to say the reason i voted was just for the HOPE to get bush outta office. i know people think that there wasnt much to choose from, but ANYTHING is better than this mofo we got runnin the free world.

kysersozey
Charter member
13602 posts
Thu Mar-03-05 04:49 PM

Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profileClick to add this author to your buddy list
3. "Give us us free"
In response to Reply # 0

FireBrand
Charter member
145739 posts
Thu Mar-03-05 04:57 PM

Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profileClick to add this author to your buddy list
4. "lol"
In response to Reply # 3

Th way I look at it, you can vote- or you don't have to if you don't want to support the "system".

All I ask of you if you aint gonna vote is don't pay taxes, or none of that shit either or u are halfsteppin.

moreover, you gonna have to do sumin in the community. hook up with FTP or sumin. Get with a grass roots organization- and WORK.

otherwise, in my eyes u triflin.

time passes, you get so you
depend on 'em. That's
"institutionalized."

Red, The Shawshank Redemption.

"Slaves got options...cowards aint got shit." --PS
"Once upon a time, little need existed for making the distinction between a nigga and a black—at least not in this country, the place where niggas were invented" -- Donnell A

Natural Mystic
Charter member

13. "RE: Give us us free"
In response to Reply # 3

i thought it was give us OUR free.

well still, he made a better point than you do.

blaXXX
Member since Dec 01st 2004
1649 posts
Thu Mar-03-05 05:48 PM

Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profileClick to add this author to your buddy listClick to send message via AOL IM
5. "DEPENDS...do you see the glass half full...or"
In response to Reply # 0

empty?

Recall, White-racism that gripped our ancestors is still fully Effective today; ancestors inequities such as Unequal money/power/respect, non-Executive Branch representation, and non-Corporate Exec. representation...combine to validate the failure of the Democratic voting system (for Blacks) municipally and Federally. And helps validate a "Reparate, then Seperate!" Effort.

Recall, the SINGLE most impactive move made by The Founding Fathers was implementing "The Majority, Rules" voting system that England tormented them with...why? So they could ensure what IS CERTAINLY now phenomena, veracity, and hypotheses-proven Theory; that THEIR Majority, will ALWAYS rule!

____ _____ _____

*--> www.soundclick.com/blaXXX <--*

*~* Go ahead! EXPERIENCE the latest non-Profit joint!*~*

____ _____ _____

blaXXX' breviaries: 2005---And we coulda saved more...if they ONLY KNEW they were Slaves
____

Natural Mystic
Charter member

14. "wow."
In response to Reply # 5

>Recall, the SINGLE most impactive move made by The Founding
>Fathers was implementing "The Majority, Rules" voting system
>that England tormented them with...why? So they could
>ensure what IS CERTAINLY now phenomena, veracity, and
>hypotheses-proven Theory; that THEIR Majority, will ALWAYS
>rule!

you came on some vast-vernacular, fully educated shit. lol.

well, i see it as half full. i believe that we as a black community do have our faults, but if we started working together and educating ourselves... taking power back within our own community, we dont have to worry about what the 'majority' does.

and to be honest, white people are NOT the majority. they never were. in the south, blacks have numbered whites since slavery. and with every other single nationality that moves to this country... if you add them up, we probably outnumber them.

the majority is only the majority because they have found away to stay in power. to take this power from them is to take away their 'majority status.'

blaXXX
1649 posts
Tue Mar-08-05 12:24 AM

Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profileClick to add this author to your buddy listClick to send message via AOL IM
19. "I'll pray for you, cool?"
In response to Reply # 14

>you came on some vast-vernacular, fully educated shit. lol.
Does that mean you couldn't find ONE LIE that I told in the post you responded to?

>well, i see it as half full. i believe that we as a black
>community do have our faults, but if we started working
>together and educating ourselves... taking power back within
>our own community, we dont have to worry about what the
>'majority' does.
-OK well, we still have to accomplish this feat in AmeriKKKa...right?
-we still have to co-exist in a Country that thrives on extending and ensuring our 2nd-Class citizenship...right?
-at what point do you think 'taking back ours' meets head-on with the Elements of White-Racism that outnumber Blacks by about 4-to-1.3?
-or, do you have some plan that allows us to take back our Community and dodge the Bullets of Inequality that have been used to rob us equal protection of the Laws/Equal Employment Opportunities/etc.????..because we do, at some point, have to GO OUTSIDE OF THE BLACK COMMUNITY being productive, within your process of taking back our Communities...right?

>and to be honest, white people are NOT the majority. they
>never were.
I think you'd better check the 2000 U.S. Census...and thats not including the multitudes of money/power/respect that Caucasoids have FAR MORE OF, than Blacks-----those 3 things DO STILL determine your Impact and Influence on American society...right?
in the south, blacks have numbered whites since

>slavery. and with every other single nationality that moves
>to this country... if you add them up, we probably outnumber
>them.
well of course...whites make up 40% of the populous so everyone else makes up the other 60%------but Whites are still the LARGEST, therefore the Majority...Hispanics come 2nd to Whites at about 15% of the U.S. populous, niggus 3rd at nearly 13% of the populous.
However, those immigrants you refer to------all come here and assimilate to what? Caucasoidal aspirations. They aren't crazy, thats why they come here and treat Blackfolk with the same disdain, as everyone else.

>the majority is only the majority because they have found
>away to stay in power. to take this power from them is to
>take away their 'majority status.'
Again, I'll pray that you come to realize this IS A DIRECT PRODUCT of this "Majority rules" system of voting in America

____ _____ _____

____ _____ _____

blaXXX' breviaries: 2005---And we coulda saved more...if they ONLY KNEW they were Slaves
____

Natural Mystic
Charter member

24. "*sigh* another hostile one."
In response to Reply # 19
Tue Mar-08-05 10:44 AM

>>you came on some vast-vernacular, fully educated shit. lol.

>Does that mean you couldn't find ONE LIE that I told in the
>post you responded to?

don't you realize that my first statement above was a compliment on how you (somewhat articulately) answered my angry rant? I guess you didn't.

what i do realize is that your looking for some type of 'angry-internet-political fight. its the only reason i can find for you plausible to attack this post the way you did.

you can have your opinion, but as i see it NOW, your post is useless. i dont fuck with people like you or responses like that.

sorry.

blaXXX
1649 posts
Tue Mar-08-05 02:10 PM

27. "sorry pal...can't fabricate hostility via your incapability to:"
In response to Reply # 24

offer ANY PROOF WHATSOEVER to dispel truth and veracity I brought.

Please, proceed to point out any statement where you 'felt' hostility, and lets bet that I after I show where you simply misinterpreted "aura"-----you STILL can't answer the question(s) I previously presented to you, nor dispel any premise I laid out to exploit your Aimlessness.

____ _____ _____

____ _____ _____

____

3X
Member since Oct 18th 2004
7667 posts
Thu Mar-03-05 06:20 PM

6. "I will smoke crack before i vote in a rigged election"
In response to Reply # 0

simply because some negroes died to participate in a rigged election doesn't mean all the other negroes are obligated to vote

-------
It's incredible how the people that know the least are the first to offer advice.

Natural Mystic
Charter member

15. "so instead of doing this"
In response to Reply # 6

what are you doing to make your community better?

3X
Member since Oct 18th 2004
7667 posts
Mon Mar-07-05 05:44 PM

16. "what has voting done to improve the black community?"
In response to Reply # 15

their is no integrity in politics and voting

-------
It's incredible how the people that know the least are the first to offer advice.

Natural Mystic
Charter member

22. "i think"
In response to Reply # 16

you're looking at the bigger picture. presidental elections and such.

but why not vote in local politics? the shit that directly effects you? im sure you got a mayor and a city council and shit... why not make sure they are getting you what you need?

G_Smooth
Member since Oct 07th 2003
4109 posts
Thu Mar-03-05 06:29 PM

7. "Local Voting should matter for Black Folk"
In response to Reply # 0

Forget about George Bush stealing elections.....We should vote for "our" cities commissioners

Natural Mystic
Charter member

9. "and there you have it."
In response to Reply # 7

i wasn't talking about presidental elections, really. any election. we dont vote for just presidents.

to participate in a presidental election (that is prolly rigged, yes) is a completely different thing than to have a voice within your own community.

if you dont vote for a president, why not for the mayor? the LA mayors office election is coming up soon. so are seats for district representatives. why not vote for that? why not support your community at least?

and if people got such aproblem with the way the voting system is run, then why not get out and see what YOU can do about it?

kayru99
Member since Jan 26th 2004
16105 posts
Mon Mar-07-05 04:07 AM

8. "i disagree"
In response to Reply # 0

Just because somebody told me i couldn't do something once, doesn't mean that thing is inherently worth my effort. For example, Emmit Till (and countless other brothers) got killed for supposedly whistling at a white chick. So because of that i should want to bang out as many white girls as possible, because so many died to?

Nah....

The american political system is corrupt, from the roota to the toota. I personally think massive disengagement from said system is the first step to something much greater and better.

Natural Mystic
Charter member

10. "im feelin this:"
In response to Reply # 8

>The american political system is corrupt, from the roota to
>the toota. I personally think massive disengagement from
>said system is the first step to something much greater and
>better.

so whats the step from here? and can we get this shit started already?

brokenchains79
Member since Nov 22nd 2003
6567 posts
Mon Mar-07-05 06:20 PM

17. "You were just digusted, now you feelin not votin?"
In response to Reply # 10

Is this some GD gag seeing how you can come into activist and clown?

http://profiles.myspace.com/users/1281849
"me as a black man will not
stand here and allow you to
talk dumb shit about white
women that simply is not true"
SouthPhillyMan

"If I see things unseen by
those who have eyes, why
should my wisest speech not
be silence?"
-Ayi Kwei Armah

Well, for me exile means
separation from people I love.
I didn't, and don't
miss the U.S., per se. But
black culture, black life in
the U.S., that African
American flavor, I
definitely miss. The
language, the movements, the
style, I get nostalgic about
that.
-Assata Shakur

"Riots eruptin around and still we party on..."

Natural Mystic
Charter member

20. "arent you hostile."
In response to Reply # 17

for useless reasons.

first off, just because i can understand the reasons why youth dont vote (being that i'm not TOO far removed) doesnt mean that i condone it. leading to the subsequent angry rant.

second off, even though i am mad about young blacks not voting, i still see it as a conscience choice that they make. If thats what you wanna do, its STUPID, but thats what you want to do.

finally, dont you wanna take out some of that sarcasm out on somebody who gives a shit about your smart-ass remarks? you just wanted to make sure you got a response.

brokenchains79
6567 posts
Wed Mar-09-05 11:31 PM

30. "You call that sarcasm?"
In response to Reply # 20

I was just noticing how easily you're swayed. If I make a rant about something and someone gives me a pretty common response, it seems to me you were just wasting your time by making the post in the first place if you simply reply "i'm feelin that" And before you reply, any perception of hostility or sarcasm is coming from your pea brain.
This is just plain ole shit talkin, stemming from you being wack.

zewari
Charter member
7113 posts
Thu Mar-10-05 01:20 PM

35. "you're nit picking"
In response to Reply # 30

those of ya'll who have the power to vote but keep saying your vote don't matter, etc... and nothing will be changed are correct.

but so long as you work, pay taxes and live in the united states, you are passively participating and perpetuating the machine you recognize as being your enemy.

so if you're playing the game on one level, why not at least voice your displeasure by voting for a socialist candidate or the green party candidates, or ralph nader... ppl whose platform more adequately represent YOUR ideas.

_¸»¬æ¤º²°¯¯°²º¤æ¬«SiG»¬æ¤º²°¯¯°²º¤æ¬«¸_

"Moral fibre in your diet it helps eliminate all your bullshit" - PG

brokenchains79
6567 posts
Thu Mar-10-05 04:09 PM

36. "Call it what you want Punk!"
In response to Reply # 35
Thu Mar-10-05 04:11 PM by brokenchains79

But if you just wanted to state your opinion on how the disenfranchised should vote, you could have replied to the original message instead of coming here to play hero.

My beef with the initial post are:

1. we have seen this in here atleast 10 times over the past year (especially around election time).

2.The argument was extremely poor and unfounded.

3. The poster is not a regular in Activist, given that users from GD has come in here before to simply mock the nature of activist debates I thought it was obvious the the poster was on some B.S.

4. This is the type of post that usually get 50 replies easily (as i help)

So what's your story? lol

http://profiles.myspace.com/users/1281849
"me as a black man will not
stand here and allow you to
talk dumb shit about white
women that simply is not true"
SouthPhillyMan

"If I see

zewari
Charter member
7113 posts
Thu Mar-10-05 06:21 PM

37. "eh."
In response to Reply # 36

you're over-analyzing.

_¸»¬æ¤º²°¯¯°²º¤æ¬«SiG»¬æ¤º²°¯¯°²º¤æ¬«¸_

absurd theater

"Moral fibre in your diet it helps eliminate all your bullshit" - PG

SOUL1BNS
Member since Mar 05th 2005
15 posts
Mon Mar-07-05 06:20 PM

18. "I'm not Privy to Thinking..."
In response to Reply # 10

That our ancestors were naive enough to think that voting alone is the salvation of black people. I'll give them more credit than that.

However, if they fought and died for us to vote, they were being "mighty naive" as Malcolm said. They fought, bled and struggled for equal rights under the law; in essence they struggled for us to have the RIGHT to vote. They wanted us to be able to walk into a polling station and CHOOSE from the SELECTIONS. This is very different from fighting for us TO vote. We twist their noble efforts up when we assume that they fought and died so that we could vote.

If our ancestors were naive enough to think that voting alone would free us, should we also follow their naive example and assume as much too???

Now Get Up.

SOULAR-NRG

Natural Mystic
Charter member

21. "RE: I'm not Privy to Thinking..."
In response to Reply # 18

>That our ancestors were naive enough to think that voting
>alone is the salvation of black people. I'll give them more
>credit than that.

i dont think they thought that. i think that they thought as HUMAN BEINGS that contribute to the society around them, that THEY then should have the right to vote. I dont know about voting being the salvation of us; it will take more than voting to save us, really. i think what voting can give us is the power within our own communities so that we need not rely on anyone else.

>However, if they fought and died for us to vote, they were
>being "mighty naive" as Malcolm said. They fought, bled and
>struggled for equal rights under the law; in essence they
>struggled for us to have the RIGHT to vote. They wanted us
>to be able to walk into a polling station and CHOOSE from
>the SELECTIONS. This is very different from fighting for us
>TO vote. We twist their noble efforts up when we assume that
>they fought and died so that we could vote.

so if they struggled for us to have the right to vote and have a voice AND choice, regardless of however we 'twist their noble efforts,' why dont we respect that effort and go out to vote?

AquamansRevenge
Member since Oct 27th 2004
656 posts
Tue Mar-08-05 10:38 AM

23. "Dumb ass argument."
In response to Reply # 0

First off, our ancestors were dumb enough to believe these devils were telling the truth... that voting is fair and just... and that this system is a democracy... get that tired ass house negro mentality out of your mind... cause it's rigged... it's been proven TWICE ALREADY. 2000 and in 2004... so... that being said... if things were right and exact, your point would be valid... however since we know this country is run by business/corporate thugs... don't expect the system to work.
Spare me your senstionalism and romanticism for voting in a just country... cause this country is not Just!

Natural Mystic
Charter member

25. "Dumb ass Response."
In response to Reply # 23

>First off, our ancestors were dumb enough to believe these
>devils were telling the truth... that voting is fair and
>just... and that this system is a democracy... get that
>tired ass house negro mentality out of your mind... cause
>it's rigged... it's been proven TWICE ALREADY. 2000 and in
>2004...

1. so what about the local levels? if you would have read any of the post without responding so pointlessly maybe you would have seen that we are talking about voting on a BIGGER SCALE than just the presidental election.

2. "house negro mentality" would technically apply to the skin color caste system which existed in slavery. still does now. prolly didnt know that either.

>so... that being said... if things were right and
>exact, your point would be valid... however since we know
>this country is run by business/corporate thugs... don't
>expect the system to work.
>Spare me your senstionalism and romanticism for voting in a
>just country... cause this country is not Just!

so, if thats how YOU see things, what the fuck you gonna do? do SOMETHING or sit around and do NOTHING?

and if this country is so 'not just,' you wanna find somewhere else to go?

AquamansRevenge
656 posts
Thu Mar-10-05 01:03 PM

33. "RE: Dumb ass Response."
In response to Reply # 25

house nigga mentality has nothing to do with Skin color...
if anything... not working as a community to support one another is disrespecting your ancestors...
how can being concerned with the same people who enslaved you (not now obviously, but from a economic standpoint...) going to do anything for you? Think about it. This country is run by the 'good ol boy network' not freedom loving democratic thinkers... that is the cloak they wear to cover their dirty work.

Spare me the rhetoric.

AquamansRevenge
656 posts
Thu Mar-10-05 01:05 PM

34. "RE: Dumb ass Response."
In response to Reply # 25

I'm not going anywhere...
that's yet another dumb ass argument...
also...
stop acting as if blacks down have a inherit right to this land...
or that I'm not 'doing anything' just cause I don't believe in 'their' system...
'their' system has failed us. Look around you. I deal with reality... not words that come from those who are comfortable and benefit from the system but do nothing for the people.

FoundationIV
Charter member
1512 posts
Tue Mar-08-05 11:00 AM

26. "Ask yourself a few questions...."
In response to Reply # 0

1. Why is the Presidential Election the only one that people don't DIRECTLY vote for? Books and People (re:white) will tell you all day that the reason is because the voting process for a NATIONAL election would be too complicated to run, therefore we have the college of electors. But, read on...

2. Why is Wyoming the least populated state (per square mile), the MOST white (More white folks than anything) AND has more Electoral Votes than almost ANY state 5 TIMES as populated?? Like say...CHICAGO, DETROIT, ATLANTA...lots more...

3. Why would you believe that just because someone TELLS you that you have the RIGHT to do something (VOTING in this case), it actually BENEFITS you?? You have every RIGHT to smoke cigerettes and booze up EVERYDAY if you like, you even have the RIGHT to drink Drano if you REALLY feel it's RIGHT, but that shit will FUCK YOU UP. You don't ever benefit from smoking cigerettes and the booze will eat your liver, BUT YOU HAVE THE RIGHT TO DO IT. Are the people who DON'T smoke, drink and swish drano SHITTING on their ancestors too???

Stay awake...because the name of the game is to put you to sleep , and the next part is to keep you asleep.......

Chuck D

chrisdefendorf
Member since Dec 27th 2004
1731 posts
Sun Mar-27-05 09:47 AM

46. "RE: Ask yourself a few questions...."
In response to Reply # 26

http://profiles.myspace.com/users/10450673

"you fuckers brought chrisdefendorf out of crakctavist. thanksafuckinlot"
-okp rjcc

*chrisdefendorf joins janus on s.i.'s list of 'okps to ignore'

he aint racist. He's far from that- from what I've seen. IMO.

chrisdefendorf
1731 posts
Sun Mar-27-05 10:17 AM

48. "SHITTING ON YOUR ANCESTORS is great (the Gravitational magnitude) [LINK]"
In response to Reply # 26

"We who are oppressed love those who fight against oppression and the oppressors ...
."

(unknown speaker ( to me, anyway) sampled by Original Concept (c) 1988)
sampled from front 242's "Funkhadafi"

the Gravitational magnitude of you!!!!!
to say that shitting on your ancestors is inappropriate.
"Yes, it gets Blacker " (c) professor X @&@ X-Clan

Shitting on your ancestors is great. They're dead, in that sensing.

SHIT is homepathically FEAR, which is hostility

FEAR=HOSTILITY and hostility =fear

Even a child who is a fraid is bein Hostile to the Vibe of GOD (LOVE)

All kids are victims.

Can't anybody see the funniness, the deep funniness of a concept like "IT"S NOT APPROPRIATE TO SHIT ON ONE's ANCESTORS?"

If you give your SHIT to your Ancestors, who all WANT you to take out your garbage for the sake of your loving nature to be loving to the Planet/planet .

I repeat, if you give your shit to them, they can deal with it. they don't have any hostility/fear to you... Hypothetically if they did, they couldn't act on it (THEY're PERFECTLY STATIC & UNCHANGING... they are dead....).

"WE WHO ARE OPPRESSED>>>".

And I suggest that your Ancestors WOULDN"T have a problem if you had shit (HOSTILITY/FEAR) to them.. NO ONE's would!!!!

Do you have enough self respect to let that shit go???

Put that shit in the ground.......

Look at it this way. I can listen to the most angry, hateful rhetoric, and say it verbatim to my pet cat/companion animal, named BABY.

I can feel guilt about saying it, but SHE won't feel guilt.

haven't you ever noticed how animals don't mind offensive lyrics, in that sensing, but Humans DO? they "neeed" stickers? let that shit GO!

What i've done is actually channelled a lot of the anger into teaching her how to speak.

She can actually say (I'm not kidding, and those of you who know me know that chrisdefendorf doesn't lie except to racist cops, in that sensing)

she can say
"and".
"darkness" ,her favorite word.
"help".
"chris"

BE COMMITTED TO YOUR ANCESTORS. Give a shit about them!!!!! Channel anger into your garbage. or are you going to say know that you've never been hurt and thus consequentially therefore don't have garbage??? You do have emotional scars... let your vehicle rinse it self out by you taking a crap and a piss everyonce in a while... why?

"Y'all think your shit don't stink".

"THROW YOUR GUNS in the ocean" (paraphrase of the Honorable Magician Nelson Mandela)

Original Concept was a group led by Dr. Dre and Ed lover that was incredible. They had one album/tape 9
(i dont think they pressed up CD's) and it was pre-Public Enemy, around the time of the Beastie Boys. in fact, a beastie is on one of the tracks.

Anyway, they had a song called "Racism".
It's just chilling. here's information about the project...
I couldn't find the lyrics, but it samples the quote about loving those who fight against oppressors.

http://www.beastieboys.com/bbs/showthread.php?t=20389

@

-okp rjcc

Taharka
Member since Apr 18th 2003
7769 posts
Wed Mar-09-05 04:14 PM

28. "Sad to say but many died in vain to vote"
In response to Reply # 0

Unless we have numbers voting will get us nowhere.

What about abortion and the excuses people use for them today.

Our ancestors had man abortions rather than subject children to that life.

<--- The lovely Ms Hill when she wasn't thrown off.

LOOK WHOS RAPPIN NOW
http://www.myspace.com/quil215

chrisdefendorf
1731 posts
Wed Mar-09-05 07:40 PM

29. "bullshit. guilt trips don't work.. your vote doesnt count"
In response to Reply # 0
Wed Mar-09-05 07:48 PM by chrisdefendorf

stop trying to manipulate activists for any reason, especially out of guilt!

if you want people to vote, don't make them feel guilty by USING dead people to justify your argument. say why you think it's worth it.

It's very parental and disrespectful to our brains and the choices we can choose to say we should vote because someone died for us. When I die, I will roll over in my grave if someone says they should do something I did because I fought for my relationship to the whole, my relationship to God, or God/Goddess/All That Is.

Do something (whether I do it or not) because it feels right for you to do, not because I or anybody else ever fought for it.

WHy be a follower or encourage other activists to do things because people died for it. It's easy to say, but it just makes people angry. Who gives a fuck if people died for whatever reason if it's an appropriate thing to do in the first place....

People died so Black people can go to college. but that's not why college can be valuable for ANYONE, Black, White, red, etc. . It has NOTHING to do with the values of education (whether in institutionalized places of learning or not). Not one iota. It's a manipulation to get people to do x,y, & z based on soem dead body somewhere. Don't give me that!!!

As far as whether to vote or not...

YOUR VOTE DOESN'T COUNT because of the way the repubs cheated .

20000 jewish retirees voted for pat Buchannon in 2000? Pat Buchanon says "these aren't my votes" and still nobody says anything, they get counted for him instead of president Gore?

And with the BlackBox voting fraud in 2004, how can you say that my vote counted? No one's did! The repubs wouldhave cheated regardless of whether or not I voted in last election.

and I did vote.

Don't give me that guilt shit about anything, voting included. The argument that I should buy a car because someone suffeed in creating one is the same guilty motivation. I don't do anything out of guilt, cause then I'm doing something out of anger. !

sig:
man you getting me in battle mode
and i don't even battle...lol...but thanx
Chris...you are pure inspiration!
(poet_is_me)

"chrisdefendorf and blaxxx are the
only reason i go
to activist"
okP Beartholomew, cited 2/27/05

are you steal

"are you steal" is an artifact from the okayboard's upgrades!!!!!!
Hip hop is about celebrating mistakes.... celebrate.

Pinko_Panther
Member since Dec 11th 2002
11808 posts
Thu Mar-10-05 07:28 PM

38. "YOU KICK ASS!!!"
In response to Reply # 29

THANK YOU!! I hate F*ck heads who use guilt as a tool to politically manipulate people to do something. Bravo my friend, keep it up!

"If you think you're too small to make a difference, try sleeping in a closed room with a mosquito."

FireBrand
Charter member
145739 posts
Thu Mar-10-05 08:57 PM

39. "Aint he on point with that?"
In response to Reply # 38

When you force folk into a situation using that sort of energy: guilt, anger, frustration. You create a situation where the your foundation is built on negative energy.

It will fall. All things fall in time, but this fall will be ugly, and so will it's tenure. Noone wants to deal with all that ugly.

nahmean?

www.ummah1421.com/boards
www.northernarc.net

chrisdefendorf
1731 posts
Sun Mar-27-05 10:33 AM

49. "your welcome, but just know i don't support you saying x"
In response to Reply # 38

Thank YOU!!
(silence, a bubble of silence surrounding that resonance)

NOW...

i don't support you saying "I hate" or "I don't like" about anything. When you do that, that's how Guilt is formed. if you look at something (ANYTHIN) in your realityand say

" I DONT LIKE THAT" or I HATE THAT" or even say "I LOVE IT or YOU" when you're really being syrupy sweet, giving out syrupy sweey anger,

you're creating GUILT. You are repressing the anger that you feel.
If you put your attention on what you want, in that sensing, you get it in your reality.

If you put your attention onwhat you DON"T want, the slightest bit of anger will hold back your health (for your body)and your evolution that much.

For example, if I listen to rappers and I don't like what they're saying, I ignore the words and pay attention to my feelings. WHICH I LOVE!!!! More & More!!!.

To use an extreme example, I never saw "Schindler's List".

Why do I want to spend TWO HOURS watching a movie about people who were Victims of their own Reality, in that sensing... Innocent, victims. Why do I want to put my attention on that...

However, I'm not about to throw out the baby with the Bathwater...

the Movie "Kama Sutra" was a TERRRRRRIIIIIIBBBBLEEEEEEE MOVIE.
The Message is "LOVE IS MARTYRHOOD?"""

Please.

However, it had great sex scenes, and a lot of Beautiful women in it.

So I struggled and suffered for just under 2 Hours of a terrible message to give wnderful pictures to my Subconscious Mind.

Cal me at "222-2222" (that's a sample of De la Soul's "Ring Ring Ring Ha ha Hey hey", from DE LA SOUL IS DEAD (tape, bitch) TOMMY BOY, 1990

"Fresh!"

-okp rjcc

b_jizzl
Member since Mar 10th 2005
4 posts
Thu Mar-10-05 03:22 AM

31. "RE: Blacks: You disrepect your ancestors when you don't vote."
In response to Reply # 0

I agree its quite dissrespectful of black folks young or old who refuse to vote or participate in America's goverment system. Although I would also agree their complaint of voting not actually creating a direct affect in black folks lives is not completly unjustified.

In a system where majority rules (white folks) and the majority could give a fuck if the minority (black folks) fell off the face of the earth tomorrow (well they might cry over a lack of good music or skilled athelete's for a little while but they would get over it pretty quick) the focus of attention of the goverment is very minimal to the problems black folks face.

Poor black voter turnout is nothing new actually its been in low numbers since we were granted the right. We have always felt a dissconnection between voting and a direct impact on our communities I belive because of the explanation metioned above. There are certain of issues that effect the lives of both races which should give enough cause for blacks to vote ie social securtiy, forigen affairs, cretain aspects of healthcare ect. but the issues at the heart of blacks in America education, social issues, economic empowerment are largely ignored by the folks on Capitol Hill and in the White House. This is by no means an excuse for not voting.

Blacks some how have decided that politics are all of a sudden to be fare and politicians just. People by nature are corrupt and just plainly full of shit why do we expect our politicians to be any different. In America land of the almighty dollar everything is hustle blacks are aware of this first hand. Politicians play the game as we all do to ensure our own survival and create wealth and security for ourselves and families. It is our understanding of how to play this game and win at it where we fail. Part of that includes but not ecxlusively to being involved in this political system through voting.

Where would we be If our ancestors had said to themselves "why fight to be free from slavery if after we are free we will just be kept in perpetual slavery, why fight to be free from perpetual slavery when will just be held back by jim crow, why fight to freed from jim crow if well just be held back by a racist judicial system". Each step in the struggle adds a piece to a puzzle of maybe not equality because no matter how much we achieve they may never believe we are their equal but to a better way of life for our people.

chrisdefendorf
1731 posts
Thu Mar-10-05 07:49 AM

32. "raspberry"
In response to Reply # 31
Thu Mar-10-05 08:06 AM by chrisdefendorf

i know this is poetic, mods... i put it here because it was inspired by the above post.

it is also in freestyle. but please note: i am building on what the last person wrote, on topic

respecting our ancestors is the key...
my point is that spiritual family, spiritual ancestors are more powerful than blood ancestors, at least to me.
i could give a fuck what some of my spiritual ancestors died for (malcolm was assassinated, that's not why I chose him as being in my spiritual family, you know what i'm sayin'?)

ice cream, yes ice cream, boyee
not a record crate boy
not a boy
not any majority member's boy
nothing except my infinite, small piece of god
small piece of god/goddess/all that is

my lower lip clenching still as i remember that black woman slavemaster's hand holding me on a leash, her wide bald head saying leave bam alone
reeling of the past, she was so uninteresting she had no smell
kinky like s&m only sadistic, becausde i had no safe words except
"fuck you, stop trying to control me, bam & I will do whatever we want to do together".

cock hard not from erotic fortune or sexual pleasure or lust,
cock hard from the pleasure of not giving my power away.
not bout to bust a nutnot emasculated, neither
proud , positive proud like a statue on easter island

and bam and I expand my minds link
and i think how can I build with chuck d & bam and me on this tip
i told chuck what lazaris says about stuff like this:
if you can't find that missing link,pretend you know how to find it
and if you can't do that, pretend you can pretend that you can find it
'cause you can pretend

i had stepped over my father who lovingly showed me resistance as one half of my greatest teaching squad
my mother still deep inside me, showing me how to leave out THIS other part of the story without you knowing what I'm talking about

stepped over masses of people in a consensus collective dream
sex without the sweat
love without the piece of me, without the peace i set rhymes free
and returned to bambaataa
i told him i was gonna get him some ice cream.
and i floated over the resistance like a stone that is soft and cloud like but egyptian/khemetion
khemetian khameleon
whiteboy but still not going to let anybody sell me on selling my soul to nobody , only selling out cd's/dvd's/product that reflects my soul
like holograms and mirrors (PENY NORTH)

ice cream for bambaataa

i returned and as i returned
floating above ground by the power of my will
not through some ridiculous notion of willpower
but using the power of my will
my power, i directly floated to my man, sitting there waiting for me to return with the ice cream
a debt of gratitude?
no, !@#$%^, ice cream...
and I could remember what kind it was...
orange
but not sherbert
...ice cream, like an orange icicle
with love from god
to another human being who connects with me

afrika bambaataa started this hip hop shit
"black people unite" it is him that q-tip bit

let's have no uppity women try to say white people are the majority
women are the majority . they're fifty-one percent
everybody else is a minority
i'm a minority
an ice cream server to bambaataa
that's a minority
a man
a white person
that's a minority
a hip hop artist
that's a minority
a human rights advocate
it's a sad fact, but people for human rights are the minority

a creative person
that's a minority
and if it was just me, chuck, hank, bam, and a few other men, it would be a sad state of affairs
luckily there are female creative people
majority members and minority members in one piece of god/goddess/all that is
do i have to say mc lyte? do i have to say diana, princess of wales?
do i have to say sha-rock? or blondie? or patti smith?

where is a human's dignity if they can say that someone other than women are the majority?

sista souljah, anita hill, my mom, Jayed Dell,
it's about dignity

chink pope
and integrity

set the captives free (bob marley)

now can one of y'all hand me two spoons, I'm gone see if my friend here will give me a bite of this beautiful orange ice cream

ice cream for bambaataaa
ice cream for bambaataa
c.r.e.a.m
M.O.V.E and the Afrika

(c) ChrisDefendorf

FireBrand
Charter member
145739 posts
Sat Mar-26-05 02:14 PM

40. "what does raspberry mean?"
In response to Reply # 32

www.okayplayer.com/guidelines

http://profiles.myspace.com/users/3870323
Inaug'ral Member of the OkaySports Hall of Fame.

<----Aiight, I'ma set it. YO son, check the fly shit son!

chrisdefendorf
1731 posts
Sat Mar-26-05 05:46 PM

42. "no, Defendorf means "Raspberry""
In response to Reply # 40
Sat Mar-26-05 05:59 PM by chrisdefendorf

What does a tree mean to you, FireBrand.

Seriously, now , to ground this energy and reduce fear, which is hostility:

SO many people change their names as Malcolm X did , to signify the Unknown. If you don't know, here's the drop:
@
now yoou know.

Instead of changing my name, I gave myself another name, and discovered that Defendorf means

DEFEND OR F (Very Malcolm X name)

and that Defendorf means "Raspberry".

If you believe in Evolution, you know that one day the sparks of life known as your pets & other animals will evolve to be Humans. and the Plant kingdom will evolve to be animals. and the mineral kingdom will evolve to be Plants. and the Atoms will evolve to be Molecular structure, and then the Mineral Kingdom and Queendom, in that sensing.

(COUGHS)

any way, YOU CHOOSE YOUR FAMILY. Spiritual family is different from BLOOD FAMILY, in all but very rare occurences. SO i choose Raspberries as they who will evolve into the Animals that they choose to evolve into, and then those critters will be feasted on by me in the Human Kingdom, so My Spiritual Family will be quasi-cannibalistic as we eat the raspberries in the form of raspberries and chicken & fish & beef & dog . RaDefendorf means "Raspberry". So We will eat Defendorf, safely, with harm to none. Just kidding about the dogs, though.

Why/what does this have to do with Activist?

Are you selling something?

by the way, the above was inspired by MOnty Python. Footnotes available (YUM)

and
this was MY messae to the Grass Roots and the Raspberries and everything else in the plant kingdom: to paraphrase, go out and get eaten by the Animal Kingdom!!! Cuz you look tasty in that CHicken and in that BEEF and in that PORK and in that FISH!!!! Tell your bean friends to Holla! I got some rice

NOTE to your SELF: that was NOT a racial slur. I'm too old to justify. Let's rock, in that sensing!!!

-okp rjcc

enotswhat
Member since Dec 02nd 2002
8846 posts
Sat Mar-26-05 03:50 PM

41. "you could say the same thing to those who don't value education**"
In response to Reply # 0

****sig****

chrisdefendorf
1731 posts
Sat Mar-26-05 09:04 PM

43. "and you'd be stupid, too."
In response to Reply # 41

"MAKE ANOTHER CHOICE"

-okp rjcc

Olive_tree
Member since Dec 02nd 2003
1275 posts
Sun Mar-27-05 12:56 AM

44. "didn't more african americans vote in this past presidential election"
In response to Reply # 0

I thought I read that somewhere...
I understand you are upset but I think there is something to be said for progress. A struggle is just that a struggle - you keep on keepin on till it catches on.

==================
... life lived to help others matters, said Ben Stein.
==================

chrisdefendorf
1731 posts
Sun Mar-27-05 01:03 AM

45. "I appreciate your spirit....."
In response to Reply # 44

Howver, from my point of view, as I see it in 2005 eternal,

the only ones that are struggling in the Revolution of the Mind are those that are in the WAY of the Revolution of the Mind......

as far as the victims that are in the WAY of the Black Revolution, the Creative Revolution, the other Minority Revolutions.... hey, let's take care of each victim, one at a time. Otherwise it ain't gonna work.

PEACEEEEEEEEEEEE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

-okp rjcc

Olive_tree
Member since Dec 02nd 2003
1275 posts
Sun Mar-27-05 05:37 PM

52. "are we talking about the same thing?"
In response to Reply # 45

==================
... life lived to help others matters, said Ben Stein.
==================

LegacyNS
Member since Jan 16th 2004
38095 posts
Sun Mar-27-05 10:09 AM

47. "Voting is slightly more effective than prayer.."
In response to Reply # 0

No one is gonna fix a bad situation for a group of people but those who are most adversely effected by it, period.

“lyrics unravel, faster than bullets travel thru barrels...
ngaz be diggin my style like fossils of pterodactyls...” © Canibus

"limited edition, composition spark friction...
non-fiction, the calm bomb, keep ya arm distance..." © Rebel I

chrisdefendorf
1731 posts
Sun Mar-27-05 10:51 AM

50. "Pray/vote: smash the mirror!!!! If I hit a blockage,"
In response to Reply # 47
Sun Mar-27-05 11:19 AM by chrisdefendorf

In other words,

the word "PRAY" has a HELLLLLL of a lot of baggage. It makes Master P say "UHHHH!!!" and then NOT give credit to whoever wrote the "SHA NA NA NA" part. So therefore, it's terrible. (the song, not master p, dear master p. or the word "pray"... shit, hammer rocked it!!!)

The other word you mentioned, oh yeah, VOTING.

I long ago dcided that instead of "PRAYING" which (passive prayer, I'm talkinng about ) DOES work, I'd change my image to reflect what I'm going to do FOR THE REST OF MY LIFE insted of praying inn THAT sensing. tell THAT to Pharoah.

yes, it gets Blacker until it's darkness.

It's more about "how easily and elegantly do I want to manifest that which I have no guilt about manifesting?" Cause if you got guilt, you're in your OWN way.

So you can't OWN the impact, you're dependent on who you're punishing with your false & completely fabricated emotion.... Animals don't feel guilt.. humans do. It's a human, synthetic feeling.. man made

"synthetic... like Polyester or Junk Food" (Lazaris , "On releasing Guilt", available from lazaris.com, in that sensing)

YES, it get's Blacker and then it's Darkness/darkness (whatever's not illuminated (YOUR POWER, emphasis on "YOUR").

I changed my image of voting AND prayer to using the words "PuTTING MY ATTENTION ON" and all it's variables.

This way, if it's worth it to vote, which it aint been for 8 years THAT YOU COULD SEEEEE>>>> The republicans have LONG cheated. You just could SEE it in the last two elections. if it's worth it to vote, I vote!!!!! if it's not, i just put my power in thousands of other places!!!!

"ELECTILE DYSFUNCTION"? Don't vote out of Guilt, cause then you're voting out of ANGer, and paradoxically DESTROYING the very thing that you are completely and totally supporting in your reality by putting your attention on it.

So I say put your attention on how you WANT voting to be (if you want voting to "be"(in ebonic sensing) , and then process your guilt.

Your ego;'s only gonna get in your way if you give it POWER to do so. This is what the 5% Nation talks about when they talk about the DEVIL only having the power that you give it. It's a VERY accurate statement. the devil represents YOUR internal oppressor and the one who's out to kill you. the ax murderer you don't want to believe is there, so you don't take your own self-destruction seriously... "they never took the time to wonder about" (self-destruction, produced by stetsasonic and krs-one, zomba records, i believe. jive, maybe.. (sissy!)

So you know your ego's tryig to kill you. Are YOU gonna allow your ego to destroy you???? It is fortunately and sadly YOUR choice, if you believe in Evolution.

And Im not saying you SHOULD. but wht would you want to? when i want to get into my adult, i look in the mirror. it's one of the quickest ways you can do it.

and then smile and ask god for help. ironically, and fortunately (definitely not sadly) your ego thinks it's god, so it tries to help you. it's stupid. dont let your enemt help you destroy your enemy... trust yourself!!!

ask your ego (pretend it's right behind you, and it looks and talks and thinks and feels exactly like you, ask it
"what do you want?"
"why do you want it?"

what you'll be doing is getting angry at your ego. because you're not the slimeball that you keep telling yourself you are. you have an opportunity (many, in that sensing) for Humanity and Divinity.

don't give your power to your ego, your beauty, goodness and Truth...

I'll take an Activist over a Big Macktivist anyday.

(Macking is the Objectification and Punishment of Women)

I'm the Mack------> the Macintosh...

bite me, willsmith!!!!!

Thats' what Defendorf said.

Capiche???

-okp rjcc

FireBrand
Charter member
145739 posts
Sun Mar-27-05 11:46 AM

51. "Voting is a tool, a mechanism and it can't fix everything..."
In response to Reply # 0

in a vaccum without maintenance it's about as effective as farting in a hot room to get some air circulatin'...you gotta be an ACTIVE community, an active voter.

if your rep don't know your cause, your name, your plight- and more than that if they don't RESPECT the power behind it u lose.

but it's only one of the VERY many and necessary facets of our tools for making this shit right.

www.okayplayer.com/guidelines

http://profiles.myspace.com/users/3870323
Inaug'ral Member of the OkaySports Hall of Fame.

<---- LOMU!

Lobby Okay Activist Archives topic #26830 Previous topic | Next topic