Printer-friendly copy Email this topic to a friend
Lobby Okay Activist Archives topic #24474

Subject: "YourFirstExperienceWithRacism" This topic is locked.
Previous topic | Next topic
KlangSquadCam

Thu May-11-00 07:35 PM

"YourFirstExperienceWithRacism"

What/When/Where was it?

Mine, One day after school my father picked me up and took me with him on a photo assignment. I stayed in the car while he ran into the office to pick up some equipment I guess, and while i was in the car I noticed some kids my age outside playing, but pops said "stay in the truck" so i just opened the door and tried to play from the side of the car until he returned. Everything was fine until the little boy said to his sister "were not allowed to play with niggers" then suddenly the two siblings began to throw dirt into my dads car and spit at me moments later pops comes out and makes them clean out his car , I asked about the word "nigger" and thats when my father explained racism, I think I was 6.

"reading is fundamental"-shaq fu

Printer-friendly copy | Top

Topic Outline
Subject Author Message Date ID
good post!
May 12th 2000
RE: good post!
May 17th 2000
RE: good post!
May 17th 2000
RE: YourFirstExperienceWithRacism
May 12th 2000
My first was like that too, Fifth...
May 17th 2000
You speak English so well...
May 12th 2000
RudeGirl/Virgo
May 12th 2000
hell yeah, rude!
May 29th 2000
      RE: hell yeah, rude!
RudeGirl/Virgo
Jun 03rd 2000
           RE: hell yeah, rude!
Jun 04th 2000
my tale...
May 12th 2000
May 12th 2000
MyFirstExperienceWithRacism
May 16th 2000
      that's so messed up
May 16th 2000
dobopwee
May 15th 2000
Klang my experiance was similar
Forlani
May 15th 2000
blue
May 15th 2000
shockalicious
May 15th 2000
Chocolate Girl/ VIVA LAS RAZAS
pacha
May 15th 2000
one more happy ending
pacha
May 15th 2000
Not my first, but one that sticks with me...
Django
May 15th 2000
A-twice
May 15th 2000
May 16th 2000
May 16th 2000
chieka
May 16th 2000
most memorable
May 16th 2000
one of the more recent
May 16th 2000
RE: here is yet another...
Forlani
May 17th 2000
I remember....
Stylenitty
May 16th 2000
May 16th 2000
Hard to choose the worst one...
May 17th 2000
first experience
jazzgirl
May 17th 2000
RE: first experience
May 17th 2000
Isis
May 17th 2000
RaShaunda
May 17th 2000
Jaila
May 17th 2000
Ol' Kentucky Home
May 17th 2000
erase.....
May 17th 2000
YourFirstExperienceWithRacism..recently
May 17th 2000
1st grade.
May 22nd 2000
RE: My Experiences With (Observing) Racism
damatrix
May 23rd 2000
From what I can remember
ebonylioness
May 24th 2000
got a few
May 29th 2000
"we dont frequently patron niggers"
May 30th 2000

gemini
Charter member
15085 posts
Fri May-12-00 05:19 AM

Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profileClick to add this author to your buddy list
1. "good post!"
In response to Reply # 0

I was in the first grade, and we were having a lesson in "hygene". My teacher asked the class, "How often does a clean person wash their hair?" and being the smarty art child that I was, I waved my hand in the air like Arnold Horshak "ooh ooh ooh" (c) Welcome Back Kotter. "I know I know! My mother washes my hair once a week!" And the whole class just looked a me like, "ooh girl you nasty" (c) Meth/Redman.

The teacher said, "no, sweetie, your Momma is supposed to wash your hair EVERY DAY!" "EVERY DAY!". So there I was, the new kid, in a class full of white kids, being told essentially that I was dirty because my mother didn't wash my hair everyday.

now any black person knows that you can't wash black hair everyday unless you got a fade or something! Press n' curls happen once a week, baby! So, that was the first time i felt like, "One of these things is not like the other/One of these things does not BELONG here" (c) some Sesame Street song.

"Y'all don't believe fat meat greasy!!"-my mama

Nettrice
Charter member
61747 posts
Wed May-17-00 02:39 PM

Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profileClick to add this author to your buddy list
32. "RE: good post!"
In response to Reply # 1

I had the same exact experience in home economics, in the fourth grade (Kentucky) but I schooled them. I remember they were all into it with their mouths open when I told them that I could not wash my hair every day because that would dry it out, break it off and they told me that white folks hair got oily in just a couple of days. We had a hair forum!

"No matter who you are or what your age may be, if you want to achieve permanent, sustaining success, the motivation that will drive you toward that goal must come from within." - Ultramagnetic MCs

<--- Blame this lady for Nutty.

Nettrice
Charter member
61747 posts
Wed May-17-00 02:39 PM

Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profileClick to add this author to your buddy list
33. "RE: good post!"
In response to Reply # 1

I had the same exact experience in home economics, in the fourth grade (Kentucky) but I schooled them. I remember they were all into it with their mouths open when I told them that I could not wash my hair every day because that would dry it out, break it off and they told me that white folks hair got oily in just a couple of days. We had a hair forum!

"No matter who you are or what your age may be, if you want to achieve permanent, sustaining success, the motivation that will drive you toward that goal must come from within." - Ultramagnetic MCs

the_fifth
Charter member
7346 posts
Fri May-12-00 09:00 AM

Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profileClick to add this author to your buddy listClick to send message via AOL IM
2. "RE: YourFirstExperienceWithRacism"
In response to Reply # 0

i was in the second or third grade, walking home from school, and these to b*tch ass white guys drove by me and my brother, he's two years older, and called us niggers while they were in their car doing thirty, now ain't that some ish!

AIM: Reusche11e
Email: reuschelle@hotmail.com

RIP Alexus (aka erin)
http://www.okayplayer.com/dcforum/general2/403.html

member of SPAS, soon to be Vp, lol

member of A.A. - officially formed in the early hours of April 9, 2000

proud member of BBBS since 2G

The problem with the gene pool is that there is no lifeguard.

"Rest in peace, move in passion." -Khalil Gibran

APPLY LIBERALLY!!!!!

My homepage:
http://members.blackplanet.com/ugetme/

I contend that we are both atheists. I just believe in one fewer god than you do. When you understand why you dismiss all other gods, you will understand why I dismiss yours. - Stephen Henry Roberts

Abstinence Makes the Church Grow Fondlers

DivineVersatile
Charter member
5491 posts
Wed May-17-00 05:18 AM

Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profileClick to add this author to your buddy list
24. "My first was like that too, Fifth..."
In response to Reply # 2

At least the first I remember...but that ain't the one I'ma tell y'all about.

The Infamous DVSJ

MY VERY OWN HIPPIDY-HOP! I'M GOING TO LOVE YOU AND PLAY WITH YOU FOR EVER AND EVER!!!

Elmyra....the choice of a new generation

Battousai
Charter member
4386 posts
Fri May-12-00 09:25 AM

3. "You speak English so well..."
In response to Reply # 0

It's 1990. I'm a Filipino kid fresh off the plane.

My English teacher in 6th grade says this to me in front of the whole class. Like it's supposed to be a compliment. Like every other Filipino that comes to the States is nothing more than a ball-scratching banana-eating porch monkey, and I'm supposed to be the exception.

Eff that. The intentions were good, but as the saying goes, the road to hell is paved with...

----------------------------------------
Densetsu no hitokiri, Himura Battousai.

"Why don't you masturbate in hell!" - Chow Yun Fat, "Full Contact"

"Mweh. Heh. Heh." - Me

http://welcome.to/crunchyfrog/

--

Your San Francisco Giants: 4.26.2005 - 8.15.2005.

RudeGirl/Virgo

Fri May-12-00 11:38 AM

4. "RE: YourFirstExperienceWithRacism"
In response to Reply # 0

I was 7 years old, in the second grade. My teacher asked me what i wanted to be, and I said a lawyer, and she told me to be more realistic, b/c ppl like me, were not capapble of understanding law. That was also the first run in I had w/ activism, and suspension from school. I took it upon myself, to tell my teacher to go fuck herself, that I did not need her law, I'd open up my own school, and teach my ppl law my damn self. That was also the birth of the rude ass I am today....lol

Rude...KNICKS FAN SINCE CONCEPTION!...YEAH? AND WHAT?

"Tahj! You are a freak little sis!"- Amina NiaRa Nubia

DJ_scratch_N_sniff
Member since Jun 09th 2002
155 posts
Mon May-29-00 07:27 PM

Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profileClick to add this author to your buddy listClick to send message via AOL IM
40. "hell yeah, rude!"
In response to Reply # 4

you's a spunky bitch, huh?!!?! you really told her to go fuck herself? you effin GO!... you in school right? you studying law now or what?

THE MOST OFFENSIVE QUOTE EVER:

"I'm an intellectual..." - Nas

*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~
giving you true posts since 1999 - effa charter member

"I can assure you, we won't be putting money into a society which is not transparent and corrupt."
-George W Bush

RudeGirl/Virgo

Sat Jun-03-00 09:32 AM

43. "RE: hell yeah, rude!"
In response to Reply # 40

yeah i told her to eff herself, not sumthin im jah proud about, i was little, and i still got my ass whipped for disrespectin an adult. Yeah, im pre-law/international relations...double minor...latino/af-am studies......im just trying to help the babies, b/c some1 helped me. te saddest thing about this tho, was that that was not the teacher's first time saying that to some1, and it wasnt her last, the hussy still teaches. i swear, i hope my kids stand up against her...

eff a sig.

DJ_scratch_N_sniff
155 posts
Sun Jun-04-00 09:18 AM

44. "RE: hell yeah, rude!"
In response to Reply # 43

>yeah i told her to eff
>herself, not sumthin im jah
>proud about,

why not? i'd be proud as f***!

> i was little,
>and i still got my
>ass whipped for disrespectin an
>adult.

PSHHHHHHHHHHHH!!!! i woulda been proud if my kid did that... U were hella brave 4 doing that... maybe stupid, but still... U'd have got a talking to, but never no ass whoopin.

>Yeah, im pre-law/internationalrelations...double
>minor...latino/af-am studies

that's dope... i took intro to latinamerican/latino studies this quarter... dope dope class... i would major in it but i'm graduating in a minute.

>the hussy still teaches.
>i swear, i hope my
>kids stand up against her...

damn. u grew up in harlem right? with a teacher like that? folks need to write the schoolboard or something... get a b*tch fired, before she "teaches" that ish to any more kids.

"I can assure you, we won't be putting money into a society which is not transparent and corrupt."
-George W Bush

BooDaah
Charter member
32690 posts
Fri May-12-00 11:54 AM

5. "my tale..."
In response to Reply # 0

when i was about 5 or so my mother used to babysit to earn extra money.

one day my little brother and I were playing with the kids and we noticed that two of the kids (who happened to be white) were off playing by themselves. being the happy little kids we were we wnt over to them and asked them if they wanted to play. they told us their parents told them they couldn't play with us because we were "dirty". of course we took offense and asked their little trailer-park a$$es what they meant by taht. they nformed us that they asked their parents why their skin was lighter than all the other kids my mom took care of, and their parent told them that black people were that color becaus were all dirty. of course we siad that this wasn't true, and to prove their point they asked us if we weren't dirty, then why when you scratched our skin did it turn white (for those who don't get it when you scratch a little roughhouse black child their skin will turn "ashy"). the little boy grabbed my brothers arm to demonstrate and we proceeded to beat him down. when my mom came to pull us off him (of course fussing because we were beating the crap out ofthis kid) we epalined what had happened and when the kids parents came my mother promptly told them to go to hell.

I haven't thought abbout that in years. In retrospect it's actually kind of funny.

-----QUOTE STARTS HERE------
Help BooDaah STAY the Moderator for the OkayActivism Board....

Fill Angiee's Mailbox full of requests for me (HAHA she'll LOOOOVE THAT!!!)

How's THAT for pandering HMMMM???

wbgirl
Charter member
5929 posts
Fri May-12-00 05:16 PM

6. "RE: YourFirstExperienceWithRacism"
In response to Reply # 0

one of the earliest ones i can remember:

i was in grade school, traveling w/my father to mississippi. it had to be like 9 or 10 at night, and daddy pulls into a mcdonald's b/c it's the only thing open and we needed grub.

so i jump out the car and go to the little playland b/c i see two other kids over there (and yeah, daddy said i could go play).

but they were paying no attention and since i was already used to being ignored b/c i was/am a bookworm, i amused myself on the slides.

until i heard one of them say:

"don't play with that nigger. she got aids."

mind you, this was the late 80's when aids awareness was really jumping off. and these are kids my age saying this shyt.

so i left. and told my father. and cried. until daddy said that i could anything and anyone i wanted b/c i was smart...and that sadly enough, those kids were too ignorant to realize what they were saying.

SO LOOK AT ME NOW, DAYUMIT!!! got me a college degree and a good job and lord only knows where y'all knuckleheads wound up...

but i ain't bitter or nuthin'. lol

~~wbg~~

"and somehow, it all made
sense..."--me

"They can lock up your body, but your
mind is yours even if you don't want
it."--Walter Mosley

"eff a GMAT, dayumit!"--me

http://www.breastcancer3day.org

~~wbg~~
"I pray sometimes to keep my head together,
because you can use prayer however you want.
There are no rules one way or the other."
--Jami Attenberg

http://helpcde.blogspot.com
http://queeneulalia.blogspot.com
http://twitter.com/queeneulalia

Cholele
Charter member
232 posts
Tue May-16-00 12:20 AM

15. "MyFirstExperienceWithRacism"
In response to Reply # 6

I don't remember the first one.. but the hardest one was by far the most marking.
I was at LAX airport at the immigration custody, and there was this mexican women (imagine, it was by my own people) who was the person checking my passport , my visa , etc... and she asks me where I'm gonna stay, I tell her in my broken english "I don't know ".. "you don't know? do you have a home"..then I talk to her in spanish explaining her that my I was supposed to stay at my moms but she moved the day before my arrival so she forgot to give me the address..."don't talk to me in spanish! we're in the USA,we speak english!"... so I told her in my broken english, then she tells me to fill the white sheet...white sheet? where's the white sheet? then I go back to her asking where the white sheet was... she goes mad and she takes the white sheet, filling it for me... and saying "all you people come here to steal our money.. I shouldn't even let you pass.. now get away of my face"...

that was the toughest experience... has that ever happen to you, being treated like shit by your own people??

"...I..." some rapper

"..........I'll battle you on the net, i'll battle you in the
flesh/i'll battle you over the phone you can call me
collect...........i'll battle you with a gun to my neck, i'll battle you
for respect, ill battle you over a blank check, ...........i'll battle
you over the toilet with my dick out / jungling a hand granade with the
pin out ........i'll battle you in a stolen car with the vin number
ripped out......i'll battle you drinking a guiness stout doing a 360
spin out!!!" - Canibus

la locura cura

azucar18
Charter member
1681 posts
Tue May-16-00 05:29 PM

22. "that's so messed up"
In response to Reply # 15

i love my latin peoples and all, but damn, why do these house-spanics gotta fuck it up for the rest of us? i can't stand these so-called latinos who think they're all that because they're light-skinned or got "good hair" (another effed up concept) or got a little money or they forgot how to speak spanish or something. fuck them classist spix.

"ooh yeah, this is my kind of party!"- the pets.com puppet

"my peers i beg forgiveness/ i just don't buy twelve inches/ too many independents/ they share the same resemblence/ too hard to make decisions/ i built up a resistance/ like i'm fightin' off a sickness/ plus they just don't hold my interest"- lyrics born

http://community.webtv.net/azucar18/yetanotherwasteof - you know you want it.

i am jesus's little sunbeam.

dobopwee

Mon May-15-00 10:26 AM

7. "RE: YourFirstExperienceWithRacism"
In response to Reply # 0

When I was about ten years old, my parents took my sister and I to the "rich neighborhood" to go trick-or-treating. I made an interesting observation: at EVERY SINGLE house, my sister was given the candy before me. Even if I was standing in front of her, they practically went out of their way to do this. Let me also explain that my sister and I look nothing alike. We are both half Native-American and half Filipino, but she looks Caucasian. She has very light skin. I am brown. (In elementary school, kids thought that we were best friends and not sisters because we "hung out" so much). The ONLY house that I received candy at first was the only African-American house in the neighborhood. Just an observation.
Another thing: My mother has an accent: she's Filipino. Sometimes sales clerks act like they can't understand her, when she's speaking perfect English. Sometimes it seems as if they fold their ears as soon as they hear the accent. Or, better yet, they will think that my mother does not understand them.
Peace love empathy }}i{{

Forlani

Mon May-15-00 10:49 AM

8. "Klang my experiance was similar"
In response to Reply # 0

Yeah klang...very much like yours. My aunt baby sat...and she used to babysit two white children who didn't live far from her and myself. I grew up in the SOUTH so u know hey whites are down there. But I wanted to play with the girl, she had a hoola hoop so u know I asked her if I could do it too. She looked at me with piercing blue eyes and said "NO, NIGGER! OUR DADDY DON'T LET US PLAY WITH YA'LL!" I didn't cry or anything but I was mad she didn't let me play. Hell, I didn't know what a "nigger" was...until my mother broke it down for me. Yo' I just had to respond...I dont think I'll ever forget that either. PEACE

blue

Mon May-15-00 12:51 PM

9. "RE: YourFirstExperienceWithRacism"
In response to Reply # 0

i grew up in an all white community (i am white) and really only knew black folks through basketball camp in the summers. i guess i was pretty naive back then and always thought that even though i went to an all white school that there wasn't any racist mentality breeding in my community because i had never heard any. so when i went to college and i ended up having quite a few black friends and usually hung out with them and their friends. a lot of times when i would be out at the clubs, i would be socializing with the black folks i knew around campus. one night i went out with a couple of my white friends (two guys) from high school and i ran into a few black acquaintances, introduced everybody and everything seemed cool -- i had no reason to think that it wasn't. anyway, the next day i'm at the park with the same 2 white friends and they basically tell me that i better not be fucking black dudes and that they would kick my ass if they found out that i was. i was really blown away because these guys were like brothers to me and i was only 18 at the time, so this reaction really confused me. they really made me feel like my associations were wrong. the funny thing is that they assumed that i was screwing black guys because i had black friends. and as i get older and wiser i see that their assumption is a common one (held by white and black folks) directed towards white women. my choice in boyfriends or even just sexual partners is based on a much higher level of intellect, spirituality and strength, not on skin color. and i've been discriminated against by a lot of white guys who know or think they know of my experiences with men outside of my race. so i guess you could say that there is racism by association within the white community. when will my people stop self-destructing?

shockalicious

Mon May-15-00 02:38 PM

10. "RE: YourFirstExperienceWithRacism"
In response to Reply # 0

being white myself, and Australian, i didn't have any real experiences with racism until i was 18. I was seeing a Tongan girl,(Pacific Islander, for those of you who don't know), and it opened my eyes to discrimination.

mostly hostile looks from strangers and lil' ish like that, but this one time we were on a train, in a carriage by ourselves, and these three drunk Tongan guys got on.

they weren't too impressed that this fiiine Tongan girl was seeing a 'Palangi', and before I knew it, I was catching a beatdown from the three Tongan guys.

we went out for seven years after that, and never had anything else like that happen again tho'.

s ckzilla, baby

pacha

Mon May-15-00 05:15 PM

11. "Chocolate Girl/ VIVA LAS RAZAS"
In response to Reply # 0

At my day care, Merry Moppets, there were two boys who terrorized everyone; staff, their own parents, but mostly little girls. I am sure they grew up to be self-hating bigoted homophobes. They'd follow me around, throwing sand at me and calling me the ugliest chocolate girl in the whole wide world. They told me I was brown because I was rotten and made of shit and things like that. This went on for some time, and one day I was crying when my mom came to pick me up. She was upset, and in between huge gulps of air and stuttering, I finally told her about the two boys calling me a stinky, dirty chocolate girl. She drove us home and put the needle on the record and sang Gil Scott-Heron's "Chocolate Girl" to me. After that, she talked to me about all my cultures, and how much I had to be proud of. She told me that when I was teased about my race, all I had to do was look to my family and my heritages and that would make me strong. So my first experience with racism was also something that, in the end, made me more appreciative of my heritages.
I know this story is Pollyannaish, but it's true. It's one of my favorite memories, because I trace my love of music to that late afternoon. After hearing that song, I was proud, no longer ashamed of my skin color. I *loved* my brown skin, cause no one else in my daycare looked like me.

"I tell my body to obey my soul, and thus I never tire"-Nikos Kazantzakis

pacha

Mon May-15-00 05:36 PM

12. "one more happy ending"
In response to Reply # 0

This one still gets me all fired up. In Arizona, there is a foundation called Johnson-O'Malley. It's a group dedicated to bettering the lives of native people and recognizing our achievements. JOM would get the word out about their awards banquets, parenting classes, meetings, etc. by giving newsletters to schools. The schools would send the info home with the native students. Got it? I was in fifth grade when my teacher called the 3 native students up to her desk to pick up the JOM papers. As we walked up, she started singing, "one little, two little, three little Indians." She said "how" to us and made some joke about why we didn't just use smoke signals.
I told my dad at dinner that night, and after he got done choking on his spaghetti, he made some calls, and about a month later, DIANE SHOUSE was fired. All the fifth grade students agreed that was the "freshest" thing all year, but the man wouldn't let us say so in the yearbook.

"I tell my body to obey my soul, and thus I never tire"-Nikos Kazantzakis

Django

Mon May-15-00 07:33 PM

13. "Not my first, but one that sticks with me..."
In response to Reply # 0

I was at the beach with my good friend...we were sitting there talking when these 4 drunk white guys and their girlfriends came up to us...One guy goes, "Are you down for Peckerwood?" We had no idea what that meant so we just stared at him...he was all, "Are you down for Peckerwood, you know, down for your skin?" We are both mixed Asian so we didn't have anything to say...but when he asked my friend where he was from, and he said Orange County, the guy thought he was okay and stopped buggin' us...
I was SO pissed...if we said we were from San Jose or somewhere, or if we were in a brighter light who knows what could have happened...damn i hate drunk racists....racists in general, but drunk ones are the effing worst.
~peace~
Amber

A-twice

Mon May-15-00 07:59 PM

14. "RE: YourFirstExperienceWithRacism"
In response to Reply # 0

I`ve had a few subtle incidents when I was a lil blackanese niggaro back in them days, but the very first blatant one was in school. I brushed shoulders with a japanese girl, and she said "don`t touch me, you`re so dirty!!"

That fucked a nappy headed half japanese kid up heh heh. racism all over the world, but of course don`t get me started bout the United Snakes.

krylonwifey1979
Charter member
44545 posts
Tue May-16-00 03:09 AM

16. "RE: YourFirstExperienceWithRacism"
In response to Reply # 0

back when i was in the 5th grade i went to school w/my cousin, and the black percentage was kinda low(there were a high number of haitian kids tho), and there were more hispanics than anything.
i'll never forget how this kid named jose(no not jose3030)called me a jungle bunny and my slow ass thought it was a compliment and told him "yeah, well i'mma cute one!".

hey..i was only 10 and didnt know what racism was?? can ya blame me???

ONe..krylon

"Sigh..God I hate you Kenny"-Eric Cartman

MAY IS OFFENSIVE QUOTE MONTH ON OKP:
"...you couldn't converse if you had fuckin react juice..."-Phife Dawg
(just the fact that he said Converse offends me..i can't help it)

"now that i got that out my system, watch me stab up the track as if my name was o.j. simpson"-Phife Dawg(do u see a violent trend here?)

"Hush little king, please don't cry, we're gonna sing you a lullaby..a big, scary monster is coming for you, he'll gobble you up like chunky beef stew. Good nite!"-Animaniacs

Bart:"Hey is that Dad?"
Lisa:"Either that or Batman's really let himself go."

AIM NAME(for those who wanna know):
krylonthepooh79

LordLadypharr
Charter member
3467 posts
Tue May-16-00 06:12 AM

18. "RE: YourFirstExperienceWithRacism"
In response to Reply # 16

MY CHILDHOOD WAS A EXPERIENCE...
yeah I'm brown like you but kidds notice differences...
so I was teased hardcore about not being blk enough...
for everyone's taste...it's sadd that my first experience came from my people(blks & koreans)...
my parents caught flak in Korean because I came out too brown...
to this day I have Korean fam who still won't speak to my moms...

"You must be willing to die in order to live"-Hausa Prover

"When I begin to give a damn I'll tell you"-me

"What a young pimp gotta do to get a wire hanger icon???"

"Sonya & pharr Chicago's sexiest and baddest pimps since 1999"

"why don't you dry the hell up..."-Me

"Just because I don't wear my heart on my sleeve,doesn't mean I don't have one"-Me

"Open your eyes I can not be what I am not"-Esthero

01001101-01011001-00100000-01001110-01000001-01001101-01000101-00100000-01001001-01010011-00100000-01001100-01001001-01001100-01001100-01001001-01000001-01001110-00100000-00001101-00001010-01000001-01001110-0100010

chieka

Tue May-16-00 06:17 AM

20. "RE: YourFirstExperienceWithRacism"
In response to Reply # 16

man, how can i remeber the first one? have i gotten it from all sides, from day one? after 23 years i'm tired of deciephering the actions and words of other people. but the experience i remember happened when i was at a predonminately white, private Catholic school (I was black, and not Catholic). i got invited to Betsy's birthday party but couldn't go. she happened to be my best friend and much shorter than me, the tallest girl in kindergarten. (these mis-matched combinations are the basis of my ENTIRE grade-school - highschool experience, btw.) so my mom took me to her house, after the party was over, and i gave her a card and gift. then i found out she was leaving (the school? the state?) and i wouldn't (and haven't) see her again. It wasn't tramatic or anything, just sad 'cause my parents were the ones saying 'you're not wanted there, so don't go there'. i guess that's the way they tried to protect me from racism i'd inevitably recieve (and come to expect) from other people; variations of that line got used more than a few times.

an-g

Zesi
Charter member
24062 posts
Tue May-16-00 05:20 AM

17. "most memorable"
In response to Reply # 0

i was in second grade, and this girl in my class invited every girl in the class to her party but me. I asked why, she said cuz her parents didnt want any black people coming to the party. Other girls in the class were like "her palms are white". Needless to say, I still didn't get an invitation.

http://www.funkknots.com look at the wonderful art! No it ain't mine! Just go there!Support your fellow player, ffunkknots

"Let them have their toy, we've got books."
Bill Cosby's response to Tavis Smiley of "BET Tonight "regarding the lack of minorities on television."

"Multiculturalism is a white people joke. Black people have always been here as different. People need to stop saying that there is one way to be--and then the issue will disappear." Ntozake Shange-interview in _Mother_ _Jones_

phalnangel
Charter member
6 posts
Tue May-16-00 06:14 AM

19. "one of the more recent"
In response to Reply # 0

i dont even charge this to racism, but ignorance...and im glad she asked than had this danglin in her head. who knows how long this chick kept it in before asking.

i was at work one day when this new girl asked me about my hair (its locked). she was so baffled.
"how do you wash that?"

i looked at her with a blank face...my boy, brandon, started laughing because he knoew she was about to get schooled.

i just said, "with shampoo and water...how do you wash yours?" and brushed my shoulders...messin with her because her brown turtleneck left a few flakes on her shoulder.

but i charge that to ignorance...

keep the faith
share the wealth
give the love
~b.

"how you gonna have a multiracial country but monoracial leadership?"
-readers digest (paraphrased)

"our deepest fear is not that we are inadequate, our deepest fear is that we are powerful beyond measure. it is our light, not our darkness that most frightens us. we ask ourselves, who am i to be brilliant, gorgeous, talented, fabulous? actually, who are you not to be? you are a child of God. your playing small does not serve the world. there is nothing enlightened about shrinking so that other people wont feel insecure around you. we were born to make manifest the glory of God that is within us. it is not just in some of us; it is in everyone. and as we let our own light shine, we unconsciously give other people permission to do the same. as we are liberated from our fear, our presence automatically liberates others."
-maryann williamson, "returning to love"

Forlani

Wed May-17-00 11:41 AM

29. "RE: here is yet another..."
In response to Reply # 19

O.k. ya'll I was a "cheerleader" in the eighth grade, (yo' I still can't believe I was a fuckin' cheerleader but anyway) I was the only "black girl" on the squad. SO u KNOW I got into tiffs every now and then. This one chic (she wasn't really racist just ignorant) looked at me one day, we were all in the bathroom looking at our hair and what not, and all of a sudden she says "I DIDN'T KNOW BLACK PEOPLE HAD FRECKLES!!!!"
All of the girls sort of looked all in my face and shit, and sure enough they saw I was indeed freckled...SO HEY, like so many of you sistahs schoolin' people about "our hair" I had to put them in school. I think I told them "ANY FUCKIN' BODY CAN HAVE FRECKLES" before I walked off and laughed as loud as I could. THEY FELT STUPID!!!

Stylenitty

Tue May-16-00 08:16 AM

21. "I remember...."
In response to Reply # 0

Back in elementary school teachers use to do head counts of the black and white people in the classes. I remember a mixed girl said, "Well, my mom is white and my dad is black", and the teacher said, "Then you are black". That was crazy to me then and I was only about 8 years old. Most of my friends remember this (I was born in 1974), but most people born after 1976 do not remember this practice.

YOU WANT A CERTAIN TYPE OF GUY/GOTTA REACH A CERTAIN POINT TOO/AT THAT DESTINATION/A KING WILL ANOINT YOU...
- COMMON

FIND GHETTO HEAVEN IN YOURSELF AND GOD.

- HIM AGAIN

azucar18
Charter member
1681 posts
Tue May-16-00 05:43 PM

23. "RE: YourFirstExperienceWithRacism"
In response to Reply # 0

i don't remember my first incident with racism, mostly because most of my incidents have been on the level of "you're not like other spanish kids"-type comments. but i do remember this one time when this girl told me that my hands looked like paws (those of you with melanin will notice that your palm has a lighter color than the back of your hand). if that stupid bitch wasn't twice my size i would have smacked the taste out of her mouth with my paws (ha ha).

"ooh yeah, this is my kind of party!"- the pets.com puppet

"my peers i beg forgiveness/ i just don't buy twelve inches/ too many independents/ they share the same resemblence/ too hard to make decisions/ i built up a resistance/ like i'm fightin' off a sickness/ plus they just don't hold my interest"- lyrics born

http://community.webtv.net/azucar18/yetanotherwasteof - you know you want it.

i am jesus's little sunbeam.

DivineVersatile
Charter member
5491 posts
Wed May-17-00 05:30 AM

25. "Hard to choose the worst one..."
In response to Reply # 0

But I think this is the most lasting. When I was in the 7th or 8th grade...I would go to Concordia Language Camp in Minessota...Lac Du Bois (French Camp). Well, being the only black male at the camp...I was immediately taken in my this Amazon sister, braids...fine...just off the hook named Veronica.

So...in my own subtle way...I stepped to Veronica like "we got 2 weeks, and if I can spend those weeks in your company, I'll be the happiest brother on the world". Well, this "black" (and I use that term loosely) sister said that she was flattered but "SHE DIDN'T DATE PEOPLE LIKE ME..."

"SHE DIDN'T DATE PEOPLE LIKE ME..."

That shit echoed in my head for a hot second, then I got crazy vexed and asked her what the hell she meant. She got flustered, couldn't hardly stutter out a response. I realized that she was just regurgitating some things her parents had peddled to her...I came from as affluent a background as the rest of us...but my brothers made sure I was "ghetto"...

She never looked quite as fine after that day.

The Infamous DVSJ

MY VERY OWN HIPPIDY-HOP! I'M GOING TO LOVE YOU AND PLAY WITH YOU FOR EVER AND EVER!!!

Elmyra....the choice of a new generation

jazzgirl

Wed May-17-00 07:42 AM

26. "first experience"
In response to Reply # 0

This experience is probably one of my first memories, as there is something about the incident that vividly sticks out in my mind.

I was only 3 or 4 when this happene. My parents, a bi-racial couple, took my brother and I to a summer picnic. It was at their friends house, a white couple that lived in Womelsdorf,PA.
well anyways, this couple was having a big summer picnic in thir back yard with music and food, and all their friends, mostly who were black. Their back yard kind of sat on a hill which overlooked into a valley of homes and paths below.

As night began to approach, on the hill directly across from their yard, we could see a fire beginning to burn. Eventually, within 10 or so minutes the chants from white hooded men cried "niggers go home" dampened everyone's spirits, and i remember my mom grabbing me by my hand and dragging me inside. Granted i do not remember all of this,I do remember staring at the fire, being almost entranced as it raged on...
my mom grabbing me and holding me, and I definately remember being so confused by the panic(yet being happy to be in my moms arms).

jazzgirl

pointfivefag
Charter member
2515 posts
Wed May-17-00 09:42 AM

Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profileClick to add this author to your buddy listClick to send message via ICQ
27. "RE: first experience"
In response to Reply # 26

Christmas time 1974. 4 years old.
My family had just moved from the Chicago's North Lawndale neighborhood (Douglass and Millard, near Roosevelt Road) to the newly interegrating Austin neighborhood (Central and Walton, just north of Chicago Avenue. any Christ Tabernaclers, Douglass Middle or Byford Schoolers out there?)

anyway, I awake to a loud crash of breaking glass and running outside. My folks run downstairs to a brick in the living room floor and lots of broken glass.
If any Chicago heads are reading, try to imagine the Austin High School neighborhood with scared white grocers,neighbors,restaurant owners, and gangbangers, still comprisiing 40% of the populace.

Cops come, write a report. My cousins (who'd just moved into the infamous Marquette Park) stop by to check on us. My brother (2 years old) and I peeking from upstairs. I can still see moms face and hear that police radio crackling.

Mom still has that brick, and Im glad she kept it,lest we forget.

peace
jubakalamka, pointfivefag

-------
don't let niggas call you faggot
don't let faggots call you nigger
-------
MY SPACE- it's that shit, yo.

http://www.myspace.com/jubakalamka
http://www.myspace.com/deepdickollective

http://www.jubakalamka.com
http://www.deepdickollective.com
http

Isis

Wed May-17-00 10:22 AM

28. "RE: YourFirstExperienceWithRacism"
In response to Reply # 0

I can't remember the first issue I had when I was little but there were a few. Now I do remember what happened to me when I went abroad last year, and people say you're supposed to feel accepted when you're away.

I was in Sydney, Australia (and yes Australia has mad issues with race) and almost everytime I got on the bus and the bus police came on to check your ticket, he always came to me first. I was the only person with a little bit of color in the place so he always came to me. When I opened my mouth and he would hear an American accent, I always got an apology. He would say, oh, I'm sorry, I didn't realize what you were.
People were so blunt out there. I feel like here, most of the racists are subtle if they are right in front of your face. Like issues about your hair and stuff. People there would just come up to me with a disgusted look and flat out ask me, What are you? Do you have black blood in you? I always had people ask me my last name just so they could figure out what ethnicity I was.
It was ridiculous, I hated every minute of it.

This life is temporary but the soul is eternal, separate the real from the lie, let me learn you. --Mos Def

RaShaunda

Wed May-17-00 01:27 PM

30. "RE: YourFirstExperienceWithRacism"
In response to Reply # 0

when i was out with my mom so years back and we were walking back to out car in a predomitaly white area & a teenage boy yeld out "you niggas go home"

"If I DON'T LIKE It, I DON'T LIKE IT, THAT DON'T MEAN THAT I'M HATIN'" ~COMMON

"I GOT LOVE IN THE FACE OF HATE" ~ TALIB KWELI

PEACE & BLESSINGS

Jaila

Wed May-17-00 02:33 PM

31. "RE: YourFirstExperienceWithRacism"
In response to Reply # 30

Peace, and might I add an excellent question ot ponder.

When my parents moved to Miami, from Eritrea, I was 9. My first experience was with my own people. My sistahs and some brothahs were truly hating on me. We lived in an upper class Black neighborhood and they called me a "Pigmy" and damn we felt like we were living in a White area. They would say things like "Aren't you hungry?" and "Niggers leave town.", "Oh look your one of those African muts a mixed Nigger". It was horrible, to top it all off, my hair is loosed curled. I look more spanish (as per all the Spanish cats I encounter) than I do Ethiopian or Brazilian. So sistah's would just hate on me. "You think you pretty cause you have good hair!", or "Look at that bitch, she got white in her...oh no she's one of the dirty Africans." These things still sit in my forntal lobe, that was a traumatic time for me. But I'm stronger now, much stronger. The reason why I label these incidents "racist" and not "ignorant" is because this area hated us, and my brother was beat down by school mates. They basically stripped my brother of his clothes and told him to "Run Nigga, like you did in Africa." It's taken my brother alot to get over that experience. But that ish happened to us by our own Black people, who were considered upper class folks. Hate is hate, oh and the fact that my parents were faith ful Jews didn't help. My mother is dark skinned so she get called "tar baby" and just crazy stuff. We had all kinds of crazy mess painted on our house, in our pool...the whole nine yo. This went on til I was about 14 years old. Til this day my dad still tells the stories...But my family is a sign of strength in the community, which says alot.

All in all, I still love my people, because I've enountered some spiritually stong people. And I was taught even with all that happened to us, not everyone is like this.

Hate is a sad thing. Some don't believe their own can be this bad, but believe me we can be ever worse.

The most rewarding thing of it all, is that my parents never moved. We stayed and the neighborhood is very different now. But you know in the end, many of these people have asked for forgiveness...I can't say my entire familyu has crossed that mountain yet, but I've slowly allowed my self to feel for those who treated us like nothing. All just because of their own ignorance.

I've never really had racism against me, from a White person. Til this day, I've never been called a "Nigger" by a White person. But I've had strong doses of ignorance from Jewish people and some Whites who just won't even try and diversify themselves.

Peace and Respct in ALL-WAYS!

Jaila

Nettrice
Charter member
61747 posts
Wed May-17-00 03:01 PM

34. "Ol' Kentucky Home"
In response to Reply # 0

The experience that changed my life:

I was 16, in a special summer arts program in Kentucky for talented teens. We all lived together on a college campus, in real dorms.

I had a new friend named Cindy. I was black and from the big city (Louisville) and she was white and from the backwoods. We hung out for a while and I noticed that she had some issues with things like African dance (she hated it) and black music. I figured it was time for her enlightenment.

Near the end of the program, we went to an amusement park where my friend, Marvin, worked. Marvin and I sat at a bench talking, eating fries and Cindy decided to join us. She asked for some of Marvin's fries and he was okay with it until she dug her fingers down deep into the bag. Marvin blew up, threw the fries on the floor and told Cindy he did not appreciate her putting her hands all over his food. Cindy apologized.

Later Cindy and her "gang" walked up to me and she looked hoppin' mad. She called Marvin a nigger. I had never let a white person call me or anyone else a nigger to my face and I was numb for about two hours. When we returned to the dorms, I confronted Cindy and we had an argument. Her point: Marvin disrespected her and that made him a nigger. My point: That Marvin acted like a jerk but he was not a nigger and when she called him one she called me one, too. She would not back down and I went ballistic. A bunch of people carried me away right before my fist reached her face (my first fight ever).

The consequences of that event were significant. Kids & staff took sides but no one sided with Cindy. She was cast out. She had been voted in to speak on the behalf of the visual arts group at the big showcase with the governor and after our battle she was replaced. I became a black power activist (for real) and a few years later took over the black student union in college (Brooklyn), changed the name and dedicated myself to fighting the Man. In my freshman year, I wrote a paper about the incident and presented it to my class.

qoolquest
Charter member
10251 posts
Wed May-17-00 04:41 PM

35. "erase....."
In response to Reply # 0

first- while doing this student film ("west side store") this italian kid said he was gonna teach me italian. so for those 3 months this kid and his cronies had me say MUYAHN (however you spell that shit) all summer like it was no thing. then the director overheard me saying it. and pulled me to the side embarrased. and explained that me letting them call me muyahn all summer was just them call me nigger.

recent-well, how many times can i list all the possibilities i missed cause we aren't "mainstream" enough. or not enough "appeal".

THE SOULQUARIANS
chewy (quest).....jan
luke (d)........feb
lando (jaydee)......feb
cp30 (james poyser).....jan
r2d2 (jazzy jeff)......jan
hans (chaos)........jan
anakin (lil mike)......feb

honorary members:
kelo- soulacorn.......jan
common- soulcies......march
erykah- soulcies......feb
zack- soulicorn.......feb
anthony hamilton-soulquarian.jan

MAY= OFFENSIVE QUOTE MONTH

"FUCK ALL Y'ALL!"
"GET OFF MY DICK NIGGA, AND TELL YO BITCH TO COME HERE!"
-ice cube

"what do you get with fruity mentos? you get a phone number and a light skinned ho....lemme tell you bout redbone she give a good blow...."
-baatin, slum village

check the resume

organix-93
(from the ground up)-94
do you want more?!!???!-95
illadelph halflife-96
things fall apart-99
(the legendary)-99
the roots come alive-99
phrenology-2002
the tipping point-2004
(the roots present...) 2004
homegrown: the beginne

Hibo
Charter member
7982 posts
Wed May-17-00 11:14 PM

36. "YourFirstExperienceWithRacism..recently"
In response to Reply # 0

my first year in university and this one guy asked me my mark and damn i did so well that i didn't care i let him know.
then he gets all pissed off and says that you people shouldn't even be here, its our country we shouldn't have to compete with y'all for better grades.
i was like eff off asshole
that was my first experience and i'm almost twenty now

Tam
Charter member
98 posts
Mon May-22-00 05:14 PM

37. "1st grade."
In response to Reply # 0

I had gone to all Black head start and kindergarten so 1st grade was my 1st all day experience with White kids. This White kid named Wayne and myself were like the top students in the class. Always competing on them spelling tests. This lady would ALWAYS make sure that he stayed one step ahead of me. I knew it, Wayne knew it, she knew, and my parents knew it. I actually took that ish as a challenge as a shorty dough! She was REAL disappointed when I did well enough to be in the top reading group. Funny thing is that by highschool this kid was a school skipping kid heading for nowhere. Meanwhile I went on to do the honors and college thing! I've always wanted to go back to her and ask what Wayne's doing now! I'm sure she's deceased now 'cause this was back in like '77 and she was old THEN.

damatrix

Tue May-23-00 12:19 PM

38. "RE: My Experiences With (Observing) Racism"
In response to Reply # 0

These are the one's that stick with me...

1. I, a young European-American, lived in a conservative, middle-class, 70% white 10% black area since 6th grade. In 8th grade, I was an English class that was inexplicably full of Rush Limbaugh-worshiping white guys, that were constantly quoting things about "feminazis" and other bullshit. One day our teacher made a comment about how many educators felt that we studied too many "dead white males" in English, and these kids piped up with "What's wrong with dead white males? That's racist!" and other things (I can't remember the other incidents, mostly they were trying to invent shit about 'racism against whites') After a few weeks of underhanded racist comments in our "daily journal" presentation, a friend of mine, a black female, spoke out and told these punks how racist they were being. There was a big debate that consumed the whole class. Soon after that a wide-scale racial conflict ensued in my middle school, with blacks and whites fighting each other regularly, and at one point whole lines of blacks (and their white friends) and whites faced each other down (on Multicultural Day no less). I don't even know what was happening, but it was pretty bad.

2. My friends listen to a broad scale of music, including angry violent rock groups like KoRn, Rob Zombie, etc. Yet they always insist that they hate (I mean HATE) rap. They claim it's because they don't like the subject matter (assumed to be completely violent and such) but then all of them thought the Eminem single was hillarious! (shit I liked it too but I liked plenty of rap music as well). Now I've started listening to Common & The Roots, whom you have no right to criticize subject matter even if you dig frickin' Third Eye Blind, and I know they would just dismiss it because it's "black music." Of course they'd never flat out SAY that... And most of my friends still refuse to go see a so-called "black" movie unless it's a Will Smith sci-fi flick.

3. Now I live in an honors program dorm in UC Davis. Everyone here is white or Asian. We were talking with a professor who teaches a class for this program, and mentioned that there were no African-American students in this dorm. His response was, and I quote "you mean you don't have 'the black kid'?" I'll let you evaluate that one for yourself...

Sorry this shit is so long, I know this ain't nothin' earthshattering, but each little stupid thing hurts me. Just 'cause I've almost never heard a white person drop the "n-word" doesn't mean they aren't thinking it. Sigh.
C. Walker, aka The Matrix, master of the hmtl insult and the cheapshot, okayplayer newbie, IM at skyWalker900. Peace!

ebonylioness

Wed May-24-00 09:03 PM

39. "From what I can remember"
In response to Reply # 0

The first time I ever started to question racism and really think about it was when I was six years old. It was really late this one night in December when my grandmother and I had to pick up my mother up from work. As we were coming back home, which was in a predominantly white neighborhood, I remember these young boys who were driving right next to us the whole time. They were honking at us and yelling profane words out of the window and the one thing that I remembered the most was when they said to us, "Why don't you niggas go back to Africa?!" It scared me when that occurred, but ever since then I've become a stronger person.

"The first step to liberation is love and the final step to love is liberation"

DJ_scratch_N_sniff
155 posts
Mon May-29-00 09:02 PM

41. "got a few"
In response to Reply # 0

the earliest was when i was in 2nd grade... it was my own cousins... they were a few years older (still are, go figure)... they asked me if there was a girl at school who i liked, i said yeah... they asked what her name was, i said Alisha... they said, is she Black?, i thought about it and said "yeah.".... they started laughing real hard, i didn't know what to think... Alisha was actually Japanese, but i didn't really know what black and white meant (they don't mean anything outside the discourse of racism)... i just knew that there were people lighter than Alisha who were called Black.

Thinking about it now, I can't effin believe my cousins. Bunch of brown-skinned Puerto Ricans with no concept of how white they're not.

The next one that sticks out was on the school bus, i was in 4th grade sitting with my friend Brian who's Mexican-American. A Black kid was sitting in front of us and Brian called him a nigger. The kid turned around, kind of confused, Brian said "a nigger with a trigger"... something we were used to hearing NWA rap about... looking back at it now, i could have gone apeshit, but I just said "Don't say that." and the Black kid said "Yeah, beaner."...

fast-forward to 8th grade, we're split up in groups in class and a "white" kid named Doug decides to tell a joke, i'm like OK. it goes like this: (oh yeah, did i mention by this time i "looked white"... strange when you're "mixed" you look different "races" at different ages) OK here's the joke:
Mike is walking by with his gun and it's a really big powerful gun, right? so his friend sees him and says, "Hey Mike, what are you doin with that gun?" Mike says "Oh, i'm just going to shoot some cans" So his friend says, "Cans? That's a awful big gun for shooting cans." So Mike says "Yeah, well I'm shooting Mexi-cans, Afri-cans, Puerto Ri-cans,..." ha ha ha, right? I wasn't prepared for that and the teacher called for the class's attention right then... I was crazy confused tho'

Back to my cousin J...
This has hit me harder than anything else cuz it's my effin COUSIN... fast-forward to last November, i'm 21 he's 22, we're drinking together in a bar, haven't seen the kid in like 4 years. A Black man walks into the bar which is full but only with "whites", Mexicans, and us... J turns to me and says, "Look at that dude. I wouldn't want to be a nigger if a fight broke out in here." No comment. I'm thinkin man, this is my cousin, wtf? He's darker than me, and he grew up in Oakland, wtf is he talking about? So I thought of something to say, not trying to act as offended as I was. "Look at you. Look at me. We're Puerto Rican, we got Black in us, too. Look at Pop." (Pop is what we call our grandfather) He says "Doesn't matter. I could be Black as midnight, I still wouldn't be no nigger." Then he starts to lecture me: "Do you know what the difference is between a Black person and a nigger? A black person is just a black person. A nigger is someone who's trying to take your shit... someone who is trying to take what's yours." (has he been taking all that Too Short the wrong way? i don't know.) So I ask him "How come you only said that word when he walked in?" He says "I was just saying... wouldn't want to be no nigger if a fight broke out." He went on to tell me about how he used to roll with a bunch of "white boys with shaved heads" and go to Raiders games and yell "nigger" at people with 49ers clothes on. I lost him in the crowd and walked home myself. I saw him the next day, he had a fat Black eye (ironic?). I don't know what to do about this kid.

THE MOST OFFENSIVE QUOTE EVER:

"I'm an intellectual..." - Nas

-George W Bush

paranoiapalmtree
Charter member
135 posts
Tue May-30-00 06:21 AM

42. ""we dont frequently patron niggers""
In response to Reply # 0

the first blatent display was when i went up to tampa from ft lauderdale for a vacation...we were staying on the top floor of the hotel inside the air port.i desided that i wanted to do a lil shopping so i hailed a cab at the airport terminal the cab driver looked like colon sanders on cleaning day.any way,half way to the mall i asked if he had a card so that when im ready to come back to the hotel i could call for a cab on my cell phone.he took the card and without looking back he just droped it in the back seat i said o exuse you sir you droped the card.he said (i quote)"listen here gal,we dont freaquently patron niggers so it'd be in your best intrest to sit back and shut up."i said look here cracker i dont ever deal with damb ass red neck so if i'd please you stupid ass you can let me out right here homeboy you done fuck with the right one today i'm here with the naacp and ill have not only your job but this whole damn company if you can cal it that....needless to say he apologized.(wich shoked the shit out of me!)i wouldnt sugest that response for every one! i was 19 years old at the time and very head strong.

Lobby Okay Activist Archives topic #24474 Previous topic | Next topic