Printer-friendly copy Email this topic to a friend
Lobby Okay Activist Archives topic #2417

Subject: "" This topic is locked.
Previous topic | Next topic
k_orr
Charter member
80197 posts
Wed Feb-04-04 08:52 PM

Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profileClick to add this author to your buddy listClick to send message via AOL IM
""
Wed Feb-04-04 09:09 PM

Jacked from www.anti-thug.com

Pro-Black Thugs, Pimpin’’ Revolutionaries & Alien Conspiracies: Navigating the Underbelly of the “Conscious” Community
by Morpheus Reloaded

This is a true story.
Honest.

Quite recently I was talking to a second year college student who declared with beaming pride that he was about to become a member of a new black campus group.

Congratulations I told him, and asked what student organization had he joined?

He scoffed and stated that student organizations weren’t for him as they were all filled with “Negroes.”

I made certain to tuck away the flyer I was holding, which urged students to attend an affirmative action debate, from one such “Negro” infested organization.

Having side-stepped that minefield I inadvertently however walked into another, asking the individual if he meant he had joined a fraternity?

This resulted in a number of expletives and the declaration of a profound abhorrence for Black Greek-letter fraternities and sororities, denouncing them as elitist, subversive and dangerous elements.

I nodded to confirm agreement as I kept a wary eye on the insidious Greek-letter wearing fiends nearby. Even then they were up to no good: putting on a drive for Sickle-Cell Funding and creating a sign-up roster for TASP testing tutors at a local public school. Infidels, I muttered in disgust.

After the brief suspense the student informed me that the group he had joined was both Negro-free and dedicated to the uplift of the black community. It had its own hairstyles, assorted forms of jewelry, slang and other cultural affects. The student informed me proudly that he had come to the realization that he was “conscious” and that this was now the group of which he was a member.

For those outside of black popular slang, “conscious” does not refer to this individual being awakened from the Matrix by the crew of the Nebuchadnezzar---at least not literally. Rather the term “conscious” has taken on a meaning in the black community relating to one who is politically, racially, culturally informed, knowledgeable and aware.

As this student had decided (through some form of self-declaration) that he was now conscious,”he wanted to know if I had any advice for him - as he suspected that I was an old head/O.G. within the group, despite my mild-mannered everyday posture.

I politely informed the student that not only was I of lesser rank among those who consider themselves “conscious,” but that I wasn’t really a spokesman. But the student persisted. Surely he said, I could tell him something. He had caught me reading some Franz Fanon before and noticed the Boondocks cartoons plastered in my office. Certainly he begged I could give him some advice on becoming “conscious”---show him the ropes so to speak.

No I said, attempting to hide my cowrie shells, I truly had no idea what he was talking about. Yet the student refused to be put off and I realized---like a Beatnuts track---there was no escaping this.

Looking around to make sure there were no prying eyes, I jostled the student hurriedly into a dark corner and put on a stern scowl.

These matters were not to be discussed so openly I admonished him!
There were rules and protocols to be followed!
One didn’t just wake up and declare openly that one was conscious!
Didn’t he know that there were extremist and fringe fanatics in the conscious crowd waiting to snatch him away to some cult compound?
Was he not aware that the road he was embarking upon had driven some mad?
The “conscious” crowd was filled with insightful, informative and positive peoples dedicated to what they term the “struggle”---but there was a seedy underbelly that preyed on recently opened minds, eagerly waiting to assimilate them into the hive collective. Every community has its fringe.

The student stammered an apology, shocked and fearful at my Keyser-Soze-type change in demeanor. Shut up and listen, I told him! A quick backhanded pimp slap across the mouth let him I know I meant business. Leaning in closer, cloaked in the concealment of the shadows, I opened up some files I held and spilled the precious information like that black-ops agent in Oliver Stone’s JFK (played by Donald Sutherland), detailing the more extremist factions of the conscious”crowd, their ideologies and suggestions by which to navigate through them.
The following is an excerpt from those files. And I warn you as I warned him, this information is classified… Read at your own risk.

Identifying the Fringe in the ‘Conscious’ Community:
A Brief Dossier & Guide Manual

http://breddanansi.tumblr.com/

Printer-friendly copy | Top

Topic Outline
Subject Author Message Date ID
The 1960ers
Feb 04th 2004
macmanlb
Feb 05th 2004
The Doom Projectors
Feb 04th 2004
suave_bro
Feb 05th 2004
The Conscious Thug Consortium
Feb 04th 2004
IsaIsaIsa
Feb 05th 2004
      mcmanlb too
Feb 05th 2004
           How do you pronouce his name?
Feb 05th 2004
                I think it goes like this
Feb 05th 2004
                     I think it's mack-man-ell-bee
Feb 05th 2004
The Lumpen-Proletariat Reformation Movement
Feb 04th 2004
Hochigrimm
Feb 05th 2004
HueyShakur too
Feb 05th 2004
      he can be a crossover with the 60's dudes
Feb 05th 2004
           nah, you can keep the dashiki
Feb 06th 2004
We Hate Whitey Federation
Feb 04th 2004
marcus3x
Feb 05th 2004
HERE IS SOME PROOF, FAGGOT!
Feb 05th 2004
      YES 5%
Feb 06th 2004
Taharka and Marcus 3x
Feb 05th 2004
RE: soulgyal
Feb 06th 2004
nah, she ain't like that
Feb 06th 2004
      RE: nah, she ain't like that
Feb 06th 2004
           You can SHADDAP too!...
Feb 06th 2004
                RE: You can SHADDAP too!...
Feb 06th 2004
RE: brokenchains
Feb 06th 2004
      I gotta lot of hate for YT
Feb 06th 2004
           RE: I gotta lot of hate for YT
Feb 06th 2004
Feb 04th 2004
Taharka & HueyShakur
Feb 05th 2004
      ah, that's better for Taharka
Feb 05th 2004
           well Huey was breaking it down in another post
Feb 05th 2004
EANS (Extremely Angry Negro Syndrome):
Feb 04th 2004
marcus3x
Feb 05th 2004
You forgot
Feb 05th 2004
The Blackness Gestapo
Feb 04th 2004
marcus3x (for the hat trick!)
Feb 05th 2004
Hat Trick! That's Not Afrikan!
Feb 05th 2004
      soccer too
Feb 05th 2004
      DANY HEATLEY is a MURDERER!!!
Feb 05th 2004
Allah
Feb 05th 2004
      I'm honored! but you deserve it!!!!
Feb 05th 2004
           !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Feb 07th 2004
Anti- {Place Word Here}
Feb 04th 2004
40thStreetBlack
Feb 05th 2004
Black Anti-Intellectualist Movement (BAIM)
Feb 04th 2004
brokenchains79
Feb 05th 2004
Wide-Eyed Religious Fanatics
Feb 04th 2004
Trinity444
Feb 05th 2004
Supa-Dupa AfriKans
Feb 04th 2004
Utamaroho
Feb 05th 2004
Redunancy
Feb 05th 2004
Fantastical Fact Fellowship (FFF)
Feb 04th 2004
Aquaman
Feb 05th 2004
Black Conspiracy Theorists
Feb 04th 2004
Aquaman.
Feb 04th 2004
Aquaman (in a landslide)
Feb 05th 2004
GEORGE BUSH IS A CONSPIRACY THEORIST
Feb 05th 2004
      yeah but he ain't a *Black* Conspiracy Theorist
Feb 06th 2004
Malnutrition-ists
Feb 04th 2004
Utamaroho
Feb 05th 2004
Asians are Black People Too!!!!!!!
Feb 06th 2004
Space Cadets
Feb 04th 2004
Aquaman (yes, Aqua matches marcus for the hat trick!)
Feb 05th 2004
The Blunted
Feb 04th 2004
BarTek
Feb 05th 2004
      RE: BarTek
Feb 06th 2004
Blame-Black-Women Foundation
Feb 04th 2004
suave_bro
Feb 05th 2004
Blame-Black-Men Foundation
Feb 04th 2004
Nettrice
Feb 05th 2004
      RE: Nettrice
Feb 07th 2004
      Ha! I made the list
Feb 08th 2004
Conscious Pimp Brotherhood
Feb 04th 2004
DolemiteConvention2001
Feb 05th 2004
      PA HAAAAA-Raj Laugh
Feb 05th 2004
           your avatar speaks volumes - literally
Feb 05th 2004
                she's the real deal
Feb 05th 2004
                     She can bring home the bacon and fry it in the pan!
Feb 05th 2004
Conclusion
Feb 04th 2004
funny, intellectually stimulating- i give it 4 stars!!!
Feb 05th 2004
An actual comic strip/ cartoon
Feb 05th 2004
APPLAUSE for k_orr & especially 40th!!!
Feb 05th 2004
thanks
Feb 05th 2004
      there should've been a spot for 5%ers
Feb 05th 2004
           word is bond
Feb 05th 2004
Feb 05th 2004
Great post but....
Feb 05th 2004
I was gonna put you in with HoChi in the LPRM (#4)
Feb 05th 2004
      LOL!
Feb 06th 2004
OKP Activist Zodiac, Glad I was included!!!!
Feb 05th 2004
Classic n/m
Feb 05th 2004
FAGGOT UNCLE TOM
Feb 05th 2004
      I already told you why it was locked
Feb 07th 2004
Excellent!
Feb 05th 2004
I say indefinately ANCHOR this post! NOW!
Feb 05th 2004
Why would quest want to anchor this?
Feb 05th 2004
      *blink*......point made.
Feb 05th 2004
           Whatchall Talkin Bout?
Feb 07th 2004
Where will fivepointedfag anf okayhomo fit in?
Feb 05th 2004
where's the well-meaning but ineffectual white liberal?
Feb 05th 2004
great post
Feb 06th 2004
RE: great post
Feb 06th 2004
RE: The blunted
Feb 06th 2004
best activist thread ever !!!
Feb 07th 2004
*waves*
Feb 07th 2004
*golf claps* -- fukkit, *soul claps*.
Feb 07th 2004
Feb 08th 2004
rhulah stop inboxing me
Feb 08th 2004
archive this ish...
Feb 08th 2004

k_orr
Charter member
80197 posts
Wed Feb-04-04 08:52 PM

Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profileClick to add this author to your buddy listClick to send message via AOL IM
1. "The 1960ers"
In response to Reply # 0
Wed Feb-04-04 08:54 PM

The 1960ers: usually consists of leadership by older conscious members with a few young adherents. This group will constantly and consistently stress the importance of 1960s radical Black Power movements, personalities and organizations. Their main goal it seems is to bring about the level of political awareness that existed in the black community near half a century ago.

Pros: means well; are genuinely concerned with the plight of black people; are very good at organizing protests; marches and informing the younger generation on the monumental importance of history from near a century ago (from BAM to the plight of Assata Shakur).

Cons: it was near a century ago; many of the staunch 1960’ers seem unable to deal with the realities of the 21st century; too few understand that different times require different tactics; they mean well but are generally antiquated (i.e., attempting to mimic Mao Tse Tung’s disastrous agricultural communal farming ideas, though they caused millions of Chinese to starve to death) and unable to reach the masses.

Suggestions: Adapt and change or perish. As the urban philosopher of Shaolin would say, these analog cats need to get digital.

40thStreetBlack
Charter member
27104 posts
Thu Feb-05-04 12:27 AM

Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profileClick to add this author to your buddy list
23. "macmanlb"
In response to Reply # 1
Thu Feb-05-04 12:35 AM

you young punks nowadays don't know jack! I'ma learn you youngin's on how to fight the power FOR REAL like we did back in the 60's ... now, where'd I put my daishiki?

Mar-A-Lago delenda est

k_orr
Charter member
80197 posts
Wed Feb-04-04 08:53 PM

2. "The Doom Projectors"
In response to Reply # 0

The Doom Projectors: usually consists of older and younger “conscious” members. Their main focus is to inform us about all that is wrong with black people, in their perspective. Doom projectors know every negative statistic relating to black people and disease, the prison system, homicide, economics, dysfunctional families, teen pregnancies, drug abuse and just about any other social ill plaguing the community. In their estimation nothing is getting better for black people, rather we are steadily marching towards an apocalyptic abyss.

Pros: shock and scare therapy sometimes works; can motivate and spur people into action; are human computers (like black Mentats) when it comes to statistic number crunching and predicting dire forecasts; help inspire really great Hip Hop songs like “Self-Destruction.”

Cons: scares the beejeezus outta you; by the time you’re finished listening to these horrible statistics you don’t want to get mobilized, you want to crawl into a hole and listen to sorrowful songs from 2Pac’s "Me Against the World"; can’t always trust their stats.

Suggestions: Discuss the negatives with a balance of the positive; point out black achievementsand progressive steps. By all means keep us abreast of what work needs to be done. But the world already tells us we ain’t sh*t,” another spokesman isn’t necessary.

40thStreetBlack
Charter member
27104 posts
Thu Feb-05-04 12:28 AM

Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profileClick to add this author to your buddy list
24. "suave_bro"
In response to Reply # 2

his sole purpose in life is to tell you how fucked up all you throwback negroes are living.

Mar-A-Lago delenda est

k_orr
Charter member
80197 posts
Wed Feb-04-04 08:53 PM

3. "The Conscious Thug Consortium"
In response to Reply # 0

The Conscious Thug Consortium: mostly consists of younger members who have managed to intertwine two seemingly unrelated words, “conscious” and “thug,” into an actual national movement. Conscious thugs shun scholarly political work but instead embrace the philosophy of ‘street knowledge.’ Believing that no one truly understands the plight of the black masses but the thug, these individuals extol the virtues of the street team lifestyle but lace it with pro-black ideologies. Thus in one sentence they may quote Donald Goines and in the next Malcolm X. Conscious thugs can be found on numerous street corners, where they tend to blend in with the more common thug variety, but “kick knowledge” every now and again. They have proliferated in the modern Hip Hop community.

Pros: unlike regular thugs they can truly see that there is a struggle to be fought; in the current Thug Renaissance” sweeping the black community they are quite relatable---especially to the street crowd.

Cons: being pro-black doesn’t always equal being positive’; have hyper-patriarchal ideas of masculinity; they are proud in their sexism; their over-inflated ideas of manhood can’t really allow them to accept black women as equals, but rather in stereotyped categories of saints, gold-diggers or freaks; not above reverting to a common fratricidal thug over the slightest beef or insult; their dueling ideologies (thug vs conscious) makes them seem contradictory and garbles their messages often into incoherence; refuses to leave their limbo state but instead revels in the freedom it creates; the totality of their struggle seems to consist of greater access of every black man to more Cristal, bigger Jesus-pieces, phatter Escalades, even phatter prime choice booty (preferably in a thong) and the really good, good weed.

Suggestions: There’s a ready-made place for thugs. It’s called jail. Society does indeed help make thugs, who in turn contribute to their own oppression by playing the role and then filling the jails. It’s a nice little cycle, but only the ‘real’ thugs (who build and profit from the jail) make a profit. If you know about this pimp-o-logical system, break it. Trim the thug-fat from your waistline. It’s unneeded and unhealthy. That would really be revolutionary.

40thStreetBlack
Charter member
27104 posts
Thu Feb-05-04 12:29 AM

25. "IsaIsaIsa"
In response to Reply # 3

talk shit to him online & he will track you down offline and steel you in the grill!

Mar-A-Lago delenda est

johnny_domino
Charter member
17027 posts
Thu Feb-05-04 01:29 PM

Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profileClick to add this author to your buddy list
63. "mcmanlb too"
In response to Reply # 25
Thu Feb-05-04 01:29 PM

One time I managed to get a response out of him like, "listen, I don't play with this internet shit, I'll track you down and smack you". He's the biggest eThug this side of inbox_thug.

da afrocentric pimpstah
Member since Dec 17th 2003
106 posts
Thu Feb-05-04 01:34 PM

Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profileClick to add this author to your buddy list
64. "How do you pronouce his name?"
In response to Reply # 63

?

Ahhhhh, wheat grass dah real pimp juice!

johnny_domino
Charter member
17027 posts
Thu Feb-05-04 01:36 PM

66. "I think it goes like this"
In response to Reply # 64

mick-MAN-ell-bee

But I could be wrong

40thStreetBlack
Charter member
27104 posts
Thu Feb-05-04 01:50 PM

70. "I think it's mack-man-ell-bee"
In response to Reply # 66

and yeah he makes the Conscious eThug Consortium for sure.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------
"Of course. It's so simple! ...Wait, no it's not; it's needlessly complicated." - Homer

Mar-A-Lago delenda est

k_orr
Charter member
80197 posts
Wed Feb-04-04 08:55 PM

4. "The Lumpen-Proletariat Reformation Movement"
In response to Reply # 0

The Lumpen-Proletariat Reformation Movement (LPRM): consists of members who adhere to the belief system that the “revolution” will come not from the upper, middle or even lower class elements of society---but from the absolutely bottom rung: the lumpen- proletariat of Marxist ideology that occupy the underclass of society, often typified by their inability to find consistent legal work and thus resorting to criminal and other undesirable activity. The LPRM can at times be aligned with the conscious thugs, though they do not generally claim the appellation of thug themselves. Rather the LPRM asserts that inside every thug is a revolutionary waiting to be born. In the minds of the LPRM, thugs represent the greatest potential as revolutionaries as their pride in criminal activity is deemed rebellion against the system/society. Furthermore, the LPRM generally accuses anyone who works within the system (from those who hold a 9 to 5 job, to teachers in the school system, to black politicians, to those in academia, to the old woman who calls the police when some thugs break into her home) of being the sworn enemies of the lumpen-proletariat and thus traitors to the “the revolution.”

Pros: are following a well-known methodology that is based on some semblance of sound political ideology; highlights intra-racial class issues; speaks up for a segment of society that is often neglected or regarded as refuse or hopeless; is a firm champion of the underdog; advocates many of the positive attributes of visionaries like Huey P. Newton.

Cons: creates enemies out of potential allies by declaring anyone involved in the system (which can again include simply having legal and gainful employment) a capitalist oppressor (not seeming to understand that the owning of capital is rather key in this definition, which the average employed black person does not have); holds thugs accountable for nothing, rather placing the blame for any and all of their actions on society (including black teachers, civil rights activists, etc.), thus negating self-discipline and self-empowerment; often never lived in the hood and have simplistic romanticized ideas of philosopher pimps and accountant wizard crack dealers; when their ‘noble-savage’ fairytale of ghetto hoodlums is shocked into reality (by becoming a victim of crime or the like themselves), there’s a serious chance they’ll devolve into Black Conservative Republicans.

Suggestions: Realize that the revolution isn’t happening over night. Change will have to come from more than the criminal element. If you went to college, lived in the suburbs or hold a respectable job---be proud of it. There’s no need to hide or feel embarrassed about those things. If the revolution happens tomorrow I would want a society filled with professionals, scholars and intelligent, strong, moral leadership---not pimps, pick-pockets and hustlers. Ask the criminal element you so love and admire; I bet they want to live in a place like that too.

40thStreetBlack
Charter member
27104 posts
Thu Feb-05-04 12:30 AM

26. "Hochigrimm"
In response to Reply # 4
Thu Feb-05-04 12:36 AM

power to the people! viva la revolucion!

Mar-A-Lago delenda est

johnny_domino
Charter member
17027 posts
Thu Feb-05-04 01:34 PM

65. "HueyShakur too"
In response to Reply # 4

he told me just last week that the revolution was coming soon. Though maybe from his name he belongs with the 60s nostalgiasts.

40thStreetBlack
Charter member
27104 posts
Thu Feb-05-04 01:51 PM

71. "he can be a crossover with the 60's dudes"
In response to Reply # 65

just give him a daishiki to wear to the revolution.

"Of course. It's so simple! ...Wait, no it's not; it's needlessly complicated." - Homer

Mar-A-Lago delenda est

HueyShakur
Member since Aug 22nd 2003
18030 posts
Fri Feb-06-04 11:23 AM

Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profileClick to add this author to your buddy listClick to send message via AOL IM
85. "nah, you can keep the dashiki"
In response to Reply # 71

just gimme a shotgun.

peace.

---------
<= "Tomorrow" Romare Bearden

k_orr
Charter member
80197 posts
Wed Feb-04-04 08:56 PM

5. "We Hate Whitey Federation"
In response to Reply # 0

We Hate Whitey Federation: these individuals don’t like white people, white holidays, white culture, white music, white food, white dogs, white umbrellas, etc. This is pretty much the sum totality of their belief system. Often they will get together to discuss all the ways in which they hate whites and a few will even call for white extermination as the solution for all the world’s ills.

Pros: can reveal many interesting and bizarre factoids about white people (i.e., white hygiene, or lack thereof, in medieval Western Europe) that can be useful at parties, barbershop conversations, etc.; has found a way to use the rage that society’s racism creates within us all and isn’t afraid to express it; sometimes, especially against hardcore white supremacists, they’re invaluable and indispensable; really cause reflection upon the classic line by Paris, “who’s to blame for the hate that hate made?”

Cons: their existence is predicated upon the existence of white supremacy (translation: they hate whites, because whites hate them); they lose the moral high ground by sinking to the level of the white supremacists; hatred eventually leaves them as bitter and hollow as the catalyst they hate; their movement does very little in the way of productiveness for the struggle in the long run; a significant number of them work for white people (including being in the US military) and might probably just be acting out frustrations at a superior/boss rather than actually having concern for the struggle; worse thing about these individuals: you can’t take them out anywhere.

Suggestions: Hate is a natural human emotion. It can even be useful and is understandable. However getting trapped at that level of existence only tends to stunt your growth. Though race as a social reality is quite powerful (and I do NOT advocate the false move to some colorblind society anytime soon), at the same time race the biological construct is a white supremacist fallacy. We’re all members of the same species, though the way we act sometimes you wouldn’t know it. Don’t allow white supremacy to turn you into a mirror-reflection in black-face, because at the end of the day you really don’t have the stomach to gas little white children or toss them into crematories---and you know it. Save the supremacy business for the folks that do it best.

40thStreetBlack
Charter member
27104 posts
Thu Feb-05-04 12:30 AM

27. "marcus3x"
In response to Reply # 5
Thu Feb-05-04 12:37 AM

THE WHITE MAN DID IT! That grafted CAVE DWELLER is the DEVIL!

Mar-A-Lago delenda est

marcus3x
Member since Dec 07th 2003
2815 posts
Thu Feb-05-04 04:51 PM

80. "HERE IS SOME PROOF, FAGGOT!"
In response to Reply # 27

http://www.aftenposten.no/english/local/article.jhtml?articleID=723414

-----------------------------
Support and listen to www.libradio.com

Marcus3x's leading candidates for 2004 Idiot of the Year

1. Pat Tillman - former nfl player leaves family and a multi-million dollar contract to fight for Bush's lies only to end

BornGod
Member since Jan 24th 2004
16 posts
Fri Feb-06-04 04:35 PM

Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profileClick to add this author to your buddy listClick to send message via AOL IMClick to send message via ICQ
92. "YES 5%"
In response to Reply # 80

I like the info.

Non-Profit Organizations
Picture this: all of
your affinity members
could donate to your
charity by the simple
act of paying their
phone bill!

ASK ME HOW

johnny_domino
Charter member
17027 posts
Thu Feb-05-04 01:37 PM

67. "Taharka and Marcus 3x"
In response to Reply # 5

BarTek
Member since Nov 10th 2002
51250 posts
Fri Feb-06-04 12:47 PM

88. "RE: soulgyal"
In response to Reply # 5

let's play ping pong ■

40thStreetBlack
Charter member
27104 posts
Fri Feb-06-04 12:53 PM

90. "nah, she ain't like that"
In response to Reply # 88

Mar-A-Lago delenda est

BarTek
51250 posts
Fri Feb-06-04 12:56 PM

91. "RE: nah, she ain't like that"
In response to Reply # 90

in my opinion. she is. i lost all my respect for her. shrug

peace.

let's play ping pong ■

soulgyal
Member since Nov 09th 2003
40663 posts
Fri Feb-06-04 06:49 PM

95. "You can SHADDAP too!..."
In response to Reply # 91
Fri Feb-06-04 07:00 PM

I don't hate white people...I just hate white people that fuck around with me, and others, and try to raise people's blood pressure. Just like I hate black people that fuck around with me, and others, and try to raise people's blood pressure.

You're one of those people on that list...*shrug*...At least in my opinion.

<------------ There's only one way to find out...

http://www.liligi.com
http://lilcreepysmiley.blogspot.com/ (LAST UPDATED: AUGUST 9, 2009)

<3 u Mom: Sep. 3, 1960 -May 1, 2006

BarTek
51250 posts
Fri Feb-06-04 10:16 PM

97. "RE: You can SHADDAP too!..."
In response to Reply # 95
Fri Feb-06-04 10:23 PM

says bye

Ps; Good luck with everything.

let's play ping pong ■

BarTek
51250 posts
Fri Feb-06-04 12:47 PM

89. "RE: brokenchains"
In response to Reply # 5

let's play ping pong ■

brokenchains79
Member since Nov 22nd 2003
6567 posts
Fri Feb-06-04 06:44 PM

94. "I gotta lot of hate for YT"
In response to Reply # 89

"Riots eruptin around and still we party on..."

BarTek
51250 posts
Fri Feb-06-04 10:22 PM

98. "RE: I gotta lot of hate for YT"
In response to Reply # 94

I know dude.

sigh. *pats you on the back.

says bye.

let's play ping pong ■

k_orr
Charter member
80197 posts
Wed Feb-04-04 08:56 PM

6. ""
In response to Reply # 0

White Supremacy Analysts: can sometimes be allied with the We Hate Whitey Federation, but really focus more so on the study and power of white supremacy itself than engaging in the hatred of whites. These individuals tend to not only read works by Frances Cress-Welsing, Neely Fuller or Marimba Ani, but make such things their literal bibles---often above and beyond the intentions of the actual authors. They stress the need to critically analyze white supremacy, its affects, mores, means and application. What makes white people tick and do what they do consumes every waking moment of these individuals lives. According to many of these self-professed scholars of Caucasian habits,” white people are the most powerful and intelligent force in the known universe (due to their current elevated status in the world) and it is black peoples’ weakness in the face of this power that has allowed us to be oppressed.

Pros: recognizes the role of white supremacy and its affects on the black psyche; usually a highly intellectual bunch; seeks out white supremacy in nearly everything for critical analysis; can spot racism from at least a hundred yards; are believed to possess extra-sensory racism perceptions: allowing them to see a racist act, before it is actually committed.

Cons: seeks out white supremacy in nearly everything, to the point of seeming ludicrous; blames black people for being victims of racism in the past, as we were supposedly simply not strong or smart enough to save ourselves; in the end has actually bought into the basic premise of white supremacy: that white people are the most powerful and intelligent force in the known universe.

Suggestions: Gods aren’t gods if they don’t have worshippers; ergo white people are only gods if you worship them. Don’t believe in white supremacy; try believing in your black self; its healthier.

40thStreetBlack
Charter member
27104 posts
Thu Feb-05-04 12:31 AM

28. "Taharka & HueyShakur"
In response to Reply # 6

Everything evil in the world is a social construct of the white man designed to oppress the black man, including the concept of social constructs and the concept of evil.

Mar-A-Lago delenda est

johnny_domino
Charter member
17027 posts
Thu Feb-05-04 01:39 PM

68. "ah, that's better for Taharka"
In response to Reply # 28

though Huey definitely talks about "the revolution", and I don't see anything about that in this description.

40thStreetBlack
Charter member
27104 posts
Thu Feb-05-04 02:18 PM

74. "well Huey was breaking it down in another post"
In response to Reply # 68

about how race is a social construct of the white man designed to oppress the black man/people of color, so I threw him in here as well.

Mar-A-Lago delenda est

k_orr
Charter member
80197 posts
Wed Feb-04-04 08:57 PM

7. "EANS (Extremely Angry Negro Syndrome):"
In response to Reply # 0

EANS (Extremely Angry Negro Syndrome): it is hard to place this category, because it is more like an affliction than actual type. Symptoms usually include a high degree of anger and the belief that making everyone as furious as they are will bring about mobilization and spark instantaneous “consciousness.” Though a great deal of their anger is directed against “the man” (who they take great pleasure in telling off or scaring at any given chance), most of this rage eventually is turned upon other black people. If one does not quickly accelerate to these individuals’ level of anger, there is the strong possibility you will be denounced as an Uncle Tom, traitor or “honkie-lover” (the latter is a direct quote).

Pros: a significant amount of these afflicted individuals are new to the struggle (in fact some may have grown up in lily white venues before), and the shock of seeing things through “conscious” eyes causes the onset of disease as their worldview is challenged and thrown into imbalance; most will calm down over time and channel their anger in a more productive means; EANS is a natural phase nearly everyone who becomes “conscious” goes through; though it may cause some to lash out at friends and family members for being “deaf, dumb and or blind,” it is best these latter individuals wait out the disease of their loved one as it will normally clear up with maturity.

Cons: if left untreated, EANS can develop into a chronic disability. Some clear cases may include standing with bullhorns in black urban venues and screaming at other black people to get as angry as ones self; verbally insulting and lashing out at black passer-bys for not reaching a desired fever pitch of fury; brandishing weapons (empty) and jumping in front of television cameras at any given opportunity to show white people how angry you are (synonyms include “show-biz revolutionaries);” will more than likely turn off ten times as many black people as they turn on; all this anger will probably result in hypertension and high blood pressure, both of which are deadly.

Suggestions: St. John’s Wort, prozac or anger-management. Perhaps watch or read Malcolm X and see how he channeled anger into pro-active philosophy/action.

40thStreetBlack
Charter member
27104 posts
Thu Feb-05-04 12:32 AM

29. "marcus3x"
In response to Reply # 7

Someone please ASSASSINATE that HOUSE negro JEFFREY WARREN WILLIAMS (QUEST4IGNORANCE), who keeps locking my posts to keep the FIELD NEGROES ignorant!!

Mar-A-Lago delenda est

da afrocentric pimpstah
106 posts
Thu Feb-05-04 01:12 PM

59. "You forgot"
In response to Reply # 7

you must have a vein popping in your temple to be part of this fraternity.

k_orr
Charter member
80197 posts
Wed Feb-04-04 08:58 PM

8. "The Blackness Gestapo"
In response to Reply # 0

The Blackness Gestapo: a rouge and more extremist wing of the Blackness Police whose primary goal is to seek out, expose and verbally abuse other black individuals that are deemed race-traitors, Uncle Toms, etc. What places the Black Gestapo apart from the Blackness Police is the extremely high standard they set for what is deemed appropriate black political and cultural behavior, leaving little room open for deviance from this line (i.e., one offense can render a lifetime of work in the struggle null and void). Their usual targets are black political leaders, black political groups, black entertainers and most especially a black social group called Sigma Pi Phi founded in the 1900s by black professionals and oft-criticized for their elitism (also known as, the Boule).

Pros: highlights elitism in the black community; holds black leaders, entertainers and others socially responsible; not afraid to level criticism.

Cons: their idealistic idea of what it means to be black and proud is unreachable by just about anyone; they focus more attention on harshly criticizing other black people than dealing with numerous other worthy issues; incapable of building any type of encompassing black coalition with anyone outside their grouping; cause more disunity and chaos than anything approaching a semblance of black unity; have created a type of ‘Black McCarthyism’ in their hunts for race-traitors; their dangerous rhetoric can at times often call for intra-racial violence directed against the accused; their focus is rather narrow, somehow only going after politicians, leaders and entertainers for acts of “betrayal” but silent on deeds of black drug dealers, gangs and others who sow seeds of destructiveness in the community; may be afflicted with severe EANS.

Suggestions: The Black world is multi-faceted and diverse. While criticism is certainly valuable, making blanket comparisons of a noted Black Conservative who works on behalf of white foundations to dismantle black progress (Ward Connerly) with a social activist, Pan-Africanist, anti-lynching crusader (WEB DuBois) because of disagreements on some issues (namely the entire Marcus Garvey feud), and thus labeling the latter a “race-traitor” is simply extremist, erroneous and shameful. Try to find what we agree upon before picking apart the differences.

40thStreetBlack
Charter member
27104 posts
Thu Feb-05-04 12:33 AM

30. "marcus3x (for the hat trick!)"
In response to Reply # 8
Thu Feb-05-04 12:38 AM

2004 ALL STAR OKAYPLAYER SELLOUT ROSTER! UPDATED!

STARTING LINEUP
PG - QUEST4KNOWLEDGE
SG - FOXNESN
SF - SOUTHPHILLYMAN
PF - NYC_ROOTSFAN
C - OKAYFEMINIST

BENCH SELLOUTS
X4WAYS2ROCKX
JOHNNY_DOMINO
THOUGHTREMEMDY
MCDEEZJAWNS
SUAVE_BRO

CHEERLEADERS
OKAYHOMO
25PERCENTER

JEWISH OWNER OF SELLOUT LEAGUE
DHALGREN718

WHITE HEAD COACH
BARTEK

Mar-A-Lago delenda est

da afrocentric pimpstah
106 posts
Thu Feb-05-04 01:06 PM

58. "Hat Trick! That's Not Afrikan!"
In response to Reply # 30

Ain't that some hockey bull! Get outtah here!

johnny_domino
Charter member
17027 posts
Thu Feb-05-04 01:43 PM

69. "soccer too"
In response to Reply # 58

and soccer is plenty Afrikan

40thStreetBlack
Charter member
27104 posts
Thu Feb-05-04 02:15 PM

73. "DANY HEATLEY is a MURDERER!!!"
In response to Reply # 58

WHITE NHL player DANY HEATLEY was speeding and a result of his wreckless driving he KILLED someone. That makes him a MURDERING WHITE DEVIL and worse than OJ!!

O.J. and Kobe got lynched in the media before any trial, but the WHITE MEDIA made Heatley look more like a victim instead of a killer because he is a WHITE HOCKEY PLAYER, and so he is not going to jail.

HEATLEY (WHITE) VS KOBE (BLACK) NOT TO MENTION OJ SIMPSON - do I have to spell this out for you HOUSE negroes?

This is the WHITE MEDIA bias HAT TRICK!

Send that MURDERING WHITE DEVIL to jail where he belongs!!!

Mar-A-Lago delenda est

Damali
Member since Sep 12th 2002
35854 posts
Thu Feb-05-04 10:27 AM

52. "Allah"
In response to Reply # 8

"i do more for both our communities than you'll ever know." - Heinz
"But rest assured, in my luxurious house built on the backs of people darker than me, I am sipping fine scotch and scoffing at how stupid you are." - bshelly

Allah
Charter member
47756 posts
Thu Feb-05-04 11:38 AM

Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profileClick to add this author to your buddy listClick to send message via AOL IM
54. "I'm honored! but you deserve it!!!!"
In response to Reply # 52

you are "infected by devils" (white people).....

http://www.facebook.com/divineruler
__gigs__
__stuff__

afrikankween52
Member since May 23rd 2003
14441 posts
Sat Feb-07-04 04:51 AM

100. "!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!"
In response to Reply # 54

!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

k_orr
Charter member
80197 posts
Wed Feb-04-04 08:58 PM

9. "Anti- {Place Word Here}"
In response to Reply # 0
Wed Feb-04-04 09:12 PM

. Their backpacks are probably dotted with buttons detailing mostly what they don’t agree with: anti-globalism, anti-war, etc.

Pros: they are public activists and bring issues to light that need to be discussed.

Cons: where they stand on an issue, beyond being against it, is uncertain; and when they do make a firm stand, there’s hardly ever a solution offered; when a solution is offered, it is so impractical that it is made moot; often have a ‘with me or against me’ attitude, often failing to entertain or examine shades of grey; they tend to support anyone that is anti- , without at times fully inspecting who they’re allying with; eventually their cries become a monotone of rhetoric that no one pays attention to.

Suggestions: Opposition movements work best when viable, practical and sensible alternative solutions are offered.

40thStreetBlack
Charter member
27104 posts
Thu Feb-05-04 12:34 AM

31. "40thStreetBlack"
In response to Reply # 9

I may not have the solutions to all the world's problems, but I do know that yours are stupid!

Mar-A-Lago delenda est

k_orr
Charter member
80197 posts
Wed Feb-04-04 08:59 PM

10. "Black Anti-Intellectualist Movement (BAIM)"
In response to Reply # 0

Black Anti-Intellectualist Movement (BAIM): these are individuals who have adopted the Jacksonian Era philosophy of anti-intellectualism, married them with 1900s positivism and applied them to an ideology of being “conscious.” BAIM emphasizes the idea that intellectual pursuit and methodologies used in modern disciplines such as science, history, etc. are the sole creations of whites. Blacks therefore should shun these academic methods of understanding and rely instead on what are deemed “African” or “Black” ways of understanding. Some BAIM adherents even adopt a form of Negritude, declaring logical pursuits the domains of whites and artistic (deemed emotional or spiritual) matters the domain of blacks.

Pros: highlight serious culturally inherent flaws with academia and the scholarly world that should be addressed.

Cons: make white people the architects of everything in the modern world; falsely believe that prior to white people blacks and others were not using systems similar to the modern scientific or historic methodologies; falsely believe that non-blacks have not contributed to what is the pursuit of knowledge and understanding in the modern world; falsely believe that somehow white people own”science or the like; take non-understanding of a subject as evidence of a flaw in said subject; are clueless as to the nature of evidence as a method of making a case; will engage in debate not by presenting evidence, but speaking from emotion and critiquing any evidence presented, again from a stance of emotion; all conflicts in their mind boil down to opinion”as to them there are no facts; employ methods and ways of understanding or gaining knowledge that are individualistic rather than collective (in other words, their methods only work for them---you thus can’t verify or deny it; it is un-test-able); will try to make others drop out of school or belittle their academic accomplishments as reliance on the white man’s pedigree.’

Suggestions: Engaging in debate with them is pointless, because you will be the only person presenting evidence while they pull the most improbable opinions out of thin air (without evidence) to present as fact. Best thing to do, avoid them.

40thStreetBlack
Charter member
27104 posts
Thu Feb-05-04 12:39 AM

32. "brokenchains79"
In response to Reply # 10

Western philosophy is that man is at war with nature, thus westerners/europeans and their anti-nature science/philosophy are walking paths of destruction. Therefore, using the western science & technology of the computer and internet that you're on right now is equivalent to clubbing a baby seal to death YOU MURDERER!!!

Mar-A-Lago delenda est

k_orr
Charter member
80197 posts
Wed Feb-04-04 09:00 PM

11. "Wide-Eyed Religious Fanatics"
In response to Reply # 0

Wide-Eyed Religious Fanatics: may come in various spiritual persuasions, though the more fanatical and feverish tend to adhere to specialized and small black sects (often with an established membership merely in the dozens) of the three major Western Religions (Judaism, Christianity and Islam). What separates them from other black religions is an extremist fundamentalist perspective, often declaring their miniscule, minority belief system the only true path for black people to find salvation, freedom and liberty, and denouncing all others as heretical and/or Satanic. They can often be found in the black sections of urban areas standing on platforms/benches screaming verses from a particular holy text. A cult of personality is often established around one individual in the group that borders on the level of cult, if not fully crossing over that line.

Pros: Given that you can hear them screaming from blocks away, they have a good set of lungs.

Cons: Their fundamentalism isolates and prevents them from working with others, religious or non-religious. Their venomous dislike for traditional African religions (calling such things as Ifa the practice of pagan heathens,’ or declaring they don’t worship rocks in the mud’ like their African ancestors) competes for something out of a Neo-Nazi handbook. Beyond the self-hate that denigrates Africa and glorifies Western Asia, there’s also a high probability that these individuals are certifiably insane.

Suggestions: Don’t anger them or make sudden movements in their presence.

40thStreetBlack
Charter member
27104 posts
Thu Feb-05-04 12:39 AM

33. "Trinity444"
In response to Reply # 11
Thu Feb-05-04 01:28 AM

got the whole world drunk on the blood of the saints!

Mar-A-Lago delenda est

k_orr
Charter member
80197 posts
Wed Feb-04-04 09:00 PM

12. "Supa-Dupa AfriKans"
In response to Reply # 0

Supa-Dupa AfriKans: a segment of the conscious population that has taken the Afrocentric and African-centered academic movement, and adopted these scholarly pursuits as an everyday lifestyle and way of living. Though many have done this, these individuals represent a more extreme caste. Members will usually dress in a mix of African and modern African-American garb; wear assorted bits of African jewelry; make greetings in one or two African words (normally Kiswahili, Pharaonic Egyptian or Akan); sport a claimed ‘Afrocentric’ hairstyle and extol Africa.

Pros: have a devout love and pride about themselves as black people and Africa; may be quite informed on aspects of black history and elements of culture; often push for a healthy dietary lifestyle, fight against racism and more.

Cons: makes everyone else feel they are somehow lacking in their own African-ness; thinks walking around with a licorice stick in one’s mouth is acceptable at any venue; have never stepped foot on the continent of Africa but have been planning to go there for the better part of a decade; often think they can out-African even black people who live on the continent of Africa; a lot of what they think is African, really isn’t; have grand spiritual, economic and political ideas for Africa but have a general misunderstanding of traditional or modern African spiritual, economic or political institutions; romanticism of pre-colonial Africa may leave them very unaware of political, social and other events in modern Africa; horrific occurrences like Rwanda’s genocide completely shakes their foundation.

Suggestions: Africa’s complex. Don’t treat it like a singular entity. Make the trip, meet some people, get some connections, cause some real change on both sides of the Atlantic.

40thStreetBlack
Charter member
27104 posts
Thu Feb-05-04 12:40 AM

34. "Utamaroho"
In response to Reply # 12

akwaaba:

you need to abandon gross western concepts like monotheism and universalism - read up on ancient Kemetian mathematics and Akan proberbs, and return to the origins of your more advanced pure Afrikan cultural core!

hotep

Mar-A-Lago delenda est

da afrocentric pimpstah
106 posts
Thu Feb-05-04 01:20 PM

61. "Redunancy"
In response to Reply # 12
Thu Feb-05-04 01:20 PM

Supa Dupa and Black Gestapo sounds the same, Oga!

k_orr
Charter member
80197 posts
Wed Feb-04-04 09:01 PM

13. "Fantastical Fact Fellowship (FFF)"
In response to Reply # 0

Fantastical Fact Fellowship (FFF): consists of individuals known for their ability to offer historical facts that often seem quite fantastic. Examples of their work include the now famous Willie Lynch document, the etymological origin of the word picnic” from the common 20th Century American lynch era phrase “pick-a-n*gger,” or even the assertion that the first President of the United States was a black man (John Hanson). These types usually occupy online groups, forums and listservs.

Pros: mean well; may often highlight interesting historical matters in the context of their “facts” (i.e., the brutality of slavery associated with discussions of the Willie Lynch letter; the normalization of extreme violence in the lynching era associated with etymological investigations into the word picnic;”providing insight into the Articles of Confederation that preceded the government structure as we know it when addressing the John Hanson assertion).

Cons: a little research often discredits their claims (i.e., the Willie Lynch letter is not only most likely a modern forgery, but its seemingly well-intentions actually obscure the importance of black resistance to slavery and absolves the role of post-1700s racism in understanding issues of the modern black community; “picnic” is a French derived word, piquenique, that originates in the 1600s and thus some 300 years before the lynching era of 20th century America; John Hanson, the first US president, was very white”and is often confused by the FFF with a black Liberian senator of another era who shares the same name); damages the work of accomplished African-centered scholars by making fantastical claims of the ancient world (Africans sailed everywhere and built everything---including supposedly Atlantis); will make the most spurious links (often through linguistics) to assert positions that all other forms of evidence deny; all their sources come from 19th Century Europeans but will label anyone who critiques their assertions as Eurocentric, brainwashed by “white” learning, etc. (including other more moderate African-centered scholars).

Suggestions: The drawback of a literate society is that if something is written down we tend to assume it must be true. Any assertion you read should be followed up with research, especially if it sounds overly fantastic. The key tool here is critical analysis; employ it. Realize that no matter how well the intention, misinformation is detrimental in the long run---especially when those who seek to discredit Black Studies (Eurocentrists) seize upon these fringe claims and use them as representative of the discipline as a whole. There are a lot of black facts out there in the metric tons; there’s never a need to make up anything.

40thStreetBlack
Charter member
27104 posts
Thu Feb-05-04 12:41 AM

35. "Aquaman"
In response to Reply # 13
Thu Feb-05-04 01:30 AM

If you fold a $20 bill in just the right way it will show a picture of the WTC twin towers burning. It's a known fact that the artwork designs on these bills are symbolic of Freemason/illuminati imagery; therefore, this proves that 9/11 was a Freemason conspiracy executed by Bush in conjunction with his shadowy illuminati allies, who he has ties to through Skull-and-bones!

Mar-A-Lago delenda est

k_orr
Charter member
80197 posts
Wed Feb-04-04 09:01 PM

14. "Black Conspiracy Theorists"
In response to Reply # 0

Black Conspiracy Theorists: generally adhere to belief that any and all conspiracy theories, even when they contradict, are true.
Pros: are natural skeptics of authority; some of their claims make you ponder the plausibility; serve as great fodder for anyone who wants to write speculative fiction.

Cons: scares people into paranoia; evidence for claims are often shaky if not completely bogus; no actual solutions offered (i.e., storming the next board meeting of the Illuminati and demanding redress for a few centuries of wrongs); conspiracy theory scares often turn into a witch-hunt that can become destructive to the black community; with Anti-Semitic Czarist created fables like the “Protocols of Zion,” they and David Duke could share a booklist.

Suggestions: Critically analyze any claim and pick sense from non-sense.

dillinjah
Charter member
9009 posts
Wed Feb-04-04 11:42 PM

22. "Aquaman."
In response to Reply # 14

40thStreetBlack
Charter member
27104 posts
Thu Feb-05-04 12:41 AM

36. "Aquaman (in a landslide)"
Thu Feb-05-04 01:30 AM

the illuminati/trilateral commission/bildeberg group secretly control the world! the planes on 9/11 were flown by CIA remote control into the WTC! the moon landing was a hoax!

and my personal favorite: the CIA assassinated Phil Lynott and made it look like a drug overdose, because his groovy tunes were too big a threat to the status quo!

Mar-A-Lago delenda est

marcus3x
2815 posts
Thu Feb-05-04 05:11 PM

82. "GEORGE BUSH IS A CONSPIRACY THEORIST"

WHERE ARE THOSE WEAPONS OF MASS DESTRUCTION YOU FAGGOTS CLAIM TO HAVE EXISTED?

1. Pat Tillman - former nfl player leaves family and a multi-million dollar contract to fight for Bush's lies only to end

40thStreetBlack
Charter member
27104 posts
Fri Feb-06-04 10:22 AM

83. "yeah but he ain't a *Black* Conspiracy Theorist"
In response to Reply # 82

hence, he doesn't qualify for this category. You do though, but you already scored the hat trick without it. Plus Aquaman is the undisputed heavyweight champion of cospiracy theorists, for all your craziness you're like a bantamweight compared to him in this category.

>WHERE ARE THOSE WEAPONS OF MASS DESTRUCTION YOU FAGGOTS
>CLAIM TO HAVE EXISTED?

nobody who posted on this thread ever claimed they existed; on the contrary, most of us said they didn't or that there was no evidence of them.

Mar-A-Lago delenda est

k_orr
Charter member
80197 posts
Wed Feb-04-04 09:02 PM

15. "Malnutrition-ists"
In response to Reply # 0

Malnutrition-ists: individuals who hold fast to the ideology that the revolution begins in the mouth and ends with the colon. Malnutrition-ists are a more extremist branch of the wholistic health movement that espouses a complicated belief system which centers around and ends with food consumption. Among their many assertions are that any type of edible meat is evil; cooking vegetables is wrong; mixing foods of various colors or types is an abomination; liquid-food diets are best; somewhere in India there are humans who live off only the breathing of air.

Pros: are aware that dietary nutrition is important; stress the need for healthy living for longer life; great weight loss plan.

Cons: filled with factual errors about biology, health and diet (i.e., think non-meat eating is a big African trend, when it’s really more so Asian; claims humans aren’t meant to eat meat, despite the fact that we have canines and the small stomach of an omnivore rather than the large one of a herbivore, etc.); can’t eat as much as a single French fry in their presence without enduring a graphic digestive lecture; the more extreme live such rigid dietary codes that they are unable to adapt to a rigorous lifestyle (took one of them with me on a trip to Africa once; his refusal to eat anything made him so weak he had to leave early and fly back home); no good in physical combat as they weigh about a pocket-full of loose change and might pass out from the first blow; often forget the exercise part of diet; Child Protective Services will come and take your kids away and stuff a cheeseburger down their throats if you have them living off is grain pasted onto a stick.

Suggestions: Eat to live and be healthy, not to adhere to some idealistic non-reality based standard.

40thStreetBlack
Charter member
27104 posts
Thu Feb-05-04 12:42 AM

37. "Utamaroho"
In response to Reply # 15
Thu Feb-05-04 01:07 AM

vegetarian/vegan diet, raw foods, fasting, colonics, wheatgrass juice... FOR THE LOVE OF GOD MAN, go eat a cheeseburger and get some protien in your system, you damn Afrocentric hippie!

Mar-A-Lago delenda est

Allah
Charter member
47756 posts
Fri Feb-06-04 10:40 AM

84. "Asians are Black People Too!!!!!!!"
In response to Reply # 15

http://www.facebook.com/divineruler
__gigs__
__stuff__

k_orr
Charter member
80197 posts
Wed Feb-04-04 09:03 PM

16. "Space Cadets"
In response to Reply # 0

Space Cadets: individuals who reject most of the earthly matters of the black community and define consciousness” by adherence to a convoluted belief system that claims (among other things) that there are grey skinned extra-terrestrials that chirp like birds and walk on the moon with liquid shoes; that aliens built most ancient cultures; speak in recently created languages with an inordinate amount of Z’s” and T’s; urge their followers to journey to compounds in certain southern states; believe their leader is from another galaxy and numerous other ideas.

Pros: beyond a form of extreme escapism, NONE! Did you not read what I wrote above or what? Run as far away from these individuals as possible!

Cons: everyone will think you are crazy and brainwashed, but you will think everyone else is crazy and brainwashed; friends will avoid you like you’re selling Amway; your leader, your kids and R. Kelley might film a video.

Suggestions: Crack kills. Switch to a big phat blunt of SANITY. Roll it up with some REALITY for best results. Keep an eye on children.

40thStreetBlack
Charter member
27104 posts
Thu Feb-05-04 12:46 AM

38. "Aquaman (yes, Aqua matches marcus for the hat trick!)"
In response to Reply # 16
Thu Feb-05-04 01:31 AM

Planet X is coming soon to a solar system near you! Come take a poison jello shots with me so we can ascend to the astral plane and rendevouz with the mothership Nibiru!

Mar-A-Lago delenda est

k_orr
Charter member
80197 posts

17. "The Blunted"
In response to Reply # 0

The Blunted: segment of the more extremist conscious community who used to be very knowledgeable and intellectual on matters of politics, society, etc. but was introduced to weed and now views the herb as salvation.

Pros: always got one ready for you.

Cons: 95% of the time you have no idea what in the hell they’re talking about.

Suggestions: Rehab

40thStreetBlack
Charter member
27104 posts
Thu Feb-05-04 12:46 AM

39. "BarTek"
In response to Reply # 17
Thu Feb-05-04 01:34 AM

stoned is the way of the walk...

Mar-A-Lago delenda est

BarTek
51250 posts
Fri Feb-06-04 12:46 PM

87. "RE: BarTek"
In response to Reply # 39

hahahahahaha. oh damn. im glad this is me. peace.

let's play ping pong ■

k_orr
Charter member
80197 posts

18. "Blame-Black-Women Foundation"
In response to Reply # 0

Blame-Black-Women Foundation: typically males, though a few black women join in (i.e., Sharazad Ali), who lay any and all problems of the race at the feet of black women. According to this philosophy, there is not a problem in the black community that is not caused by black women (typically African-American black women). According to this type, sexism does not exist in the black community. Feminism, woman-ism or any other attempt by black women to assert power, identity and self-awareness is deemed a subversive plot hatched by white women. Some of the more extreme members of this group advocate physical violence against black women for perceived verbal transgressions.

Pros: at least they usually claim to love their black mothers.

Cons: are unable to have healthy, working relationships with black women unless they can control and dominate the situation; blame black women for their lack of occupation, schooling or some other shortcoming in life; jealous of success of black women; some openly promote domestic violence; can’t help but wonder if their strong hatred for black women is a projection of some deeply concealed opposite emotion: perhaps a homo-erotic love for white men; will eventually either end up in the clink, on COPS or get their ass beat when the sista they’ve been abusing sees the end of “What’s Love Got to Do With It.”

Suggestions: Read some history books on the role of black women in the black struggle. Read a few books on sexism. Get counseling and deal with your issues. You’re embarrassing the whole gender here.

40thStreetBlack
Charter member
27104 posts
Thu Feb-05-04 12:47 AM

40. "suave_bro"
In response to Reply # 18

Janet's titty just goes to show everything that is wrong with you anti-decency negroes today! Blame the titty!

Mar-A-Lago delenda est

k_orr
Charter member
80197 posts
Wed Feb-04-04 09:04 PM

19. "Blame-Black-Men Foundation"
In response to Reply # 0

Blame-Black-Men Foundation: typically women, though a few black men join in to make blanket apologies on behalf of all members of the racial-gender. Tend to lay any and all problems of the race at the feet of black men. They will use black men as their reason for inter-racial or even mono-gender relationship habits.

Pros: at least they usually claim to love their black sons.

Cons: take out grievances (justified and unjustified) on the wrong black males, usually not the transgressor(s); uses sexism as a shield for any short-coming, thus negating self-responsibility or any level of blame in any conflict with black men; allows one or several black males actions to define her attitude towards black men everywhere.

Suggestions: Even understanding and acknowledging the multi-faceted effects of sexism, blaming all black men for the transgressions of one or few members of the race is about as sensible as racial profiling---in fact it is racial profiling. If one chooses to date/marry/or mate with another black woman or a non-black male, make it ones own choice, not the fault of all black men from here to Borneo.

40thStreetBlack
Charter member
27104 posts
Thu Feb-05-04 12:48 AM

42. "Nettrice"
In response to Reply # 19

Patriachy is the cause of all of society's ills - Black men, this goes for you too.

Mar-A-Lago delenda est

Chike
Charter member
32916 posts
Sat Feb-07-04 05:57 AM

101. "RE: Nettrice"
In response to Reply # 42

What? Nettrice? That's crazy talk.

Oh yeah, props 2 k_orr for finding this.

Nettrice
Charter member
61747 posts
Sun Feb-08-04 07:26 AM

107. "Ha! I made the list"
In response to Reply # 42

You don't know me very well. I blame no one.

<--- Blame this lady for Nutty.

k_orr
Charter member
80197 posts
Wed Feb-04-04 09:05 PM

20. "Conscious Pimp Brotherhood"
In response to Reply # 0

Conscious Pimp Brotherhood: typically male, charismatic and generally knowledgeable. Unlike many other members of the more extremist and fringe elements in the conscious community, these individuals do not espouse any grand yet narrowly focused political, religious or other platforms/philosophies. In fact their main mission is to spread love—to as many black women as possible, by using the struggle and their “consciousness” as a skillful tool of seduction. They can often be found in coffee shops and can infect minds with the aid of a microphone and a few skillful words. Jill Scott’s Love Rain Down” is an ode to this type while Common’s "A Film Called (Pimp)"” and The Coup’s "Me and Jesus the Pimp in a ‘79 Granada Last Night"”parody the concept with symbolism that touches on numerous other matters.

Pros: Ask ya’ woman.

Cons: this type trivializes the struggle by using it as a means to achieve some ass; causes massive dissent and eventual dissolution of black political groups/organizations by using the women within as a personal playground; every other brother with dreads and a cowrie shell necklace gets blamed for his actions (though oddly enough we never told anyone to sleep with him); when he gets bored with sistas, he may take the revolutionary-between-the-thigh exploration committee over to Becky (again leaving the rest of us to take the heat); worse still, he might catch something and pass it on; you might be friends with this type, laugh at his exploits and even enjoy listening to them, but one day you’ll find out he pushed up on your woman and you’ll have to beat his ass---naturally.

Suggestions: None. Ya’ll is grown folks. Do whutchalike. Just be safe (physically) and adult (mentally) about it. Note: Contrary to persistent rumors, the author of this article has never been a member of this brotherhood. Any assertions to the contrary will be vehemently denied and result in pending legal action.

40thStreetBlack
Charter member
27104 posts
Thu Feb-05-04 12:48 AM

43. "DolemiteConvention2001"
In response to Reply # 20

The username says it all.

Mar-A-Lago delenda est

DolemiteConvention2001
Charter member
6200 posts
Thu Feb-05-04 02:29 PM

76. "PA HAAAAA-Raj Laugh"
In response to Reply # 43
Thu Feb-05-04 02:29 PM

if you only knew

40thStreetBlack
Charter member
27104 posts
Thu Feb-05-04 02:33 PM

77. "your avatar speaks volumes - literally"
In response to Reply # 76

I mean damn, thats alot of cc's of titty Pam's carrying around there... Janet who?

Mar-A-Lago delenda est

DolemiteConvention2001
Charter member
6200 posts
Thu Feb-05-04 03:22 PM

78. "she's the real deal"
In response to Reply # 77

real breasts,personality,all that.

40thStreetBlack
Charter member
27104 posts
Thu Feb-05-04 03:39 PM

79. "She can bring home the bacon and fry it in the pan!"
In response to Reply # 78

JERRY: Pam? What about Pam?

KRAMER: I love her, Jerry!

JERRY: You what?

KRAMER: I love her!

JERRY: Is that right?

KRAMER: Oh, she's uh...she's real! She can bring home the bacon and fry it in the pan!

JERRY: What does that mean?

KRAMER: Oh, and that voice!

JERRY: What about her name?

KRAMER: Pam? Oh, it's a beautiful name. Pam. Pam. PAM!

JERRY: She's got really nice hair.

KRAMER: Oh, it's incredible. Although, I might replace her tortoise clip with one of those velvet scrunchies. I love those.

JERRY: You've got really specific tastes.

KRAMER: Oh, I know what I want, Jerry.

JERRY: She's got nice calves.

KRAMER: Oh, she's a dreamboat. But, you don't like her, so...

JERRY: Maybe I could, you're making some pretty good points.

KRAMER: No you can't, Jerry.

JERRY: But I might.

KRAMER: Oh, no you don't.

JERRY: Why not? The voice? The calves? The bacon?

KRAMER: What...?

JERRY: I think I can! I even like the name! Pam!

KRAMER (frantic): Huh?

JERRY: Pam!

KRAMER: Huh?

JERRY: PAM!

KRAMER: HUH-YAH!!

Mar-A-Lago delenda est

k_orr
Charter member
80197 posts
Wed Feb-04-04 09:05 PM

21. "Conclusion"
In response to Reply # 0

On a more serious note:
Okay, okay…this story was kind of made-up in the beginning. And the groups up top may not be as stereotypical as I make them out to be. Yet anyone who hangs around the conscious community knows I wasn’t lying about the gist of those beliefs in the least. Does this negate the entire conscious” community? Of course not. Fringe is everywhere---no movement or group is free of it. My long winded point with this bit of satire? Just showing those who say that we “conscious” types can’t poke fun and critique each other (or think that we all agree on each and everything), that we have a sense of humor, level criticism and have competing ideologies.
For those in the conscious”community whose necks may have bulged till ya popped your cowrie shell choker or your head-wrap unraveled as you read this article, try the St. John’s Wort prescribed above. To paraphrase the Madd Rapper in 50 Cents best joint to date, don’t take this sh*t serious, cause I’m just buggin out but then again…y’all can take it how you want it, word!

loveluv
Charter member
1038 posts
Thu Feb-05-04 12:47 AM

41. "funny, intellectually stimulating- i give it 4 stars!!!"
In response to Reply # 0

this needs to be developed into something maybe what undercover brother shoulda been. or sumtin.

brokenchains79
6567 posts
Thu Feb-05-04 04:34 AM

49. "An actual comic strip/ cartoon"
In response to Reply # 41

It would be too hilarious

Utamaroho
Charter member
17658 posts
Thu Feb-05-04 01:29 AM

44. "APPLAUSE for k_orr & especially 40th!!!"
In response to Reply # 0

that shit was funny!

although...i'm willing to bet 40th that i get more protein than YOU do in any given day. BET ON THAT!

...and since when did i advocate others "embracing" their afrikaness? i don't do that! i just make FUN of those white people that CAN'T!

Red, Black, Green

40thStreetBlack
Charter member
27104 posts
Thu Feb-05-04 01:46 AM

45. "thanks"
In response to Reply # 44
Thu Feb-05-04 01:55 AM

>although...i'm willing to bet 40th that i get more protein
>than YOU do in any given day. BET ON THAT!

Yeah you probably do, especially since I've given up those cheeseburgers.

>...and since when did i advocate others "embracing" their
>afrikaness? i don't do that! i just make FUN of those white
>people that CAN'T!

True that, but I had alot of ground to cover with everyone, so my bad if I messed up on some specifics here and there. As long as you got a good laugh out of it though.

My only regret is that I didn't get Allah in there somewhere. But after my "The Asiatic Yellowman is God" post, there really isn't anything more to say on that anyway.

Mar-A-Lago delenda est

johnny_domino
Charter member
17027 posts
Thu Feb-05-04 01:56 PM

72. "there should've been a spot for 5%ers"
In response to Reply # 45

I love the way they throw around "science" and "knowledge".

40thStreetBlack
Charter member
27104 posts
Thu Feb-05-04 02:21 PM

75. "word is bond"
In response to Reply # 72

But my "Asiatic Yellowman is God" post really said all there was to say on the matter. Damn, I wish I had saved that - that one was a classic.

Mar-A-Lago delenda est

Taharka
Member since Apr 18th 2003
7769 posts
Thu Feb-05-04 02:48 AM

46. ""
In response to Reply # 0

In other words blah blah blah big mouth young bucks blah blah blah

"so watch you sayin"
EPMD

<--- The lovely Ms Hill when she wasn't thrown off.

LOOK WHOS RAPPIN NOW
http://www.myspace.com/quil215

Pinko_Panther
Member since Dec 11th 2002
11808 posts
Thu Feb-05-04 03:31 AM

47. "Great post but...."
In response to Reply # 0
Thu Feb-05-04 03:32 AM

I'm a little disappointed that I didn't make the cut anywhere. I mean, come on, isn't my avatar worth anything?!! Maybe next year...

"If you think you're too small to make a difference, try sleeping in a closed room with a mosquito."

40thStreetBlack
Charter member
27104 posts
Thu Feb-05-04 10:02 AM

51. "I was gonna put you in with HoChi in the LPRM (#4)"
In response to Reply # 47

>I'm a little disappointed that I didn't make the cut
>anywhere. I mean, come on, isn't my avatar worth anything?!!
>Maybe next year...

But the Lumpen-Proletariat Reformation Movement (LPRM) category states that it:

"consists of members who adhere to the belief system that the “revolution” will come not from the upper, middle or even lower class elements of society---but from the absolutely bottom rung: the lumpen- proletariat of Marxist ideology that occupy the underclass of society"

... that seems more like HoChi's ideology, while yours seems more like saying the revolution is gonna come from all across the class spectrum. Maybe I'm misreading you, but that's the impression I get. So sorry you didn't make the cut this time around... maybe next year.

But really you should be protesting this post anyway - this whole exercise is just a chauvinist bourgeois attempt to divide this board into a class system!

Mar-A-Lago delenda est

Pinko_Panther
Member since Dec 11th 2002
11808 posts
Fri Feb-06-04 04:59 PM

93. "LOL!"
In response to Reply # 51

AHHH, the negation of the negation! BRILLIANT! Marx would be proud my friend...

"If you think you're too small to make a difference, try sleeping in a closed room with a mosquito."

brokenchains79
6567 posts
Thu Feb-05-04 04:22 AM

48. "OKP Activist Zodiac, Glad I was included!!!!"
In response to Reply # 0
Thu Feb-05-04 04:40 AM

Reading on....

I kinda feel like something is missing....

Quest4Knowledge
Member since Jun 20th 2002
2797 posts
Thu Feb-05-04 05:34 AM

Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profileClick to add this author to your buddy listClick to send message via AOL IMClick to send message via ICQ
50. "Classic n/m"
In response to Reply # 0

---
In memory of my sig..

marcus3x
2815 posts
Thu Feb-05-04 05:09 PM

81. "FAGGOT UNCLE TOM"
In response to Reply # 50

JEFFREY WARREN WILLIAMS

KEEPING MY BLACK INVENTORS POST ON LOCK DOWN!

Quest4Knowledge
2797 posts
Sat Feb-07-04 11:29 AM

104. "I already told you why it was locked"
In response to Reply # 81

and that's because there's a 2 posts-a-day limit, not because of the content. And please skip the namecalling. You only make yourself look even more silly than as usual by resorting to childishness.

---
In memory of my sig..

x4ways2rockx
Member since Dec 11th 2003
241 posts
Thu Feb-05-04 11:28 AM

53. "Excellent!"
In response to Reply # 0

Not only is this as entertaining, if not more, than the SellOut League but it should be mandatory reading for all OKP when registering. This will give them a better understanding of where most ppl are coming from.

Best Post EVER!

--------
"Fuck create/Hit the weed, cover a song/That's how rappers get down/And the reason shit is wrong" - Evidence

"Facts stand no chance in the face of a lifetime of believing in the same theory." Rand Flem-Ath

"Well mam, if you were to actual

soulgyal
40663 posts
Thu Feb-05-04 11:48 AM

55. "I say indefinately ANCHOR this post! NOW!"
In response to Reply # 0

You know you want to Questforknowledge....

And where am I? I should fit into this somehow...

da afrocentric pimpstah
106 posts
Thu Feb-05-04 01:03 PM

56. "Why would quest want to anchor this?"
In response to Reply # 55

?

soulgyal
40663 posts
Thu Feb-05-04 01:06 PM

57. "*blink*......point made."
In response to Reply # 56

Quest4Knowledge
2797 posts
Sat Feb-07-04 11:30 AM

105. "Whatchall Talkin Bout?"
In response to Reply # 57
Sat Feb-07-04 11:30 AM

n/m

---
In memory of my sig..

da afrocentric pimpstah
106 posts
Thu Feb-05-04 01:15 PM

60. "Where will fivepointedfag anf okayhomo fit in?"
In response to Reply # 0

Homophobic Jocks!

johnny_domino
Charter member
17027 posts
Thu Feb-05-04 01:28 PM

62. "where's the well-meaning but ineffectual white liberal?"
In response to Reply # 0

that's my time to shine.

raool
Member since Jul 10th 2002
12355 posts
Fri Feb-06-04 12:31 PM

86. "great post"
In response to Reply # 0

this needs to be archived

Deflectic7
Member since Oct 01st 2003
226 posts
Fri Feb-06-04 07:21 PM

96. "RE: great post"
In response to Reply # 86

i agree, very interesting and thought out... most def should be archived

-
peacetoallthehiphopsoulheadsworldwide

astheworldturns,mysoulstandsstrong,lifebyday,musicbynight...
-

www.myspace.com/bdiaz

BarTek
51250 posts
Fri Feb-06-04 10:25 PM

99. "RE: The blunted"
In response to Reply # 0
Fri Feb-06-04 10:59 PM

*lights spliff

let's play ping pong ■

afrobongo
Charter member
33968 posts
Sat Feb-07-04 06:20 AM

102. "best activist thread ever !!!"
In response to Reply # 0

soulgyal
40663 posts
Sat Feb-07-04 01:45 PM

106. "*waves*"
In response to Reply # 102

*grin*

poetx
Charter member
58856 posts
Sat Feb-07-04 10:25 AM

103. "*golf claps* -- fukkit, *soul claps*."
In response to Reply # 0

this should be required reading.

don't know where i fit in (i'm a harlem renaissance/smorgasboard ninja, myself), but this is dope.

i don't know that these are so much fringes, but archetypes. but damn if some of 'em ain't dead on.

you did leave out a couple, though:

the black economist -- always got a new get rich scheme to uplift folks, starting w/ himself. hustleman ish concocting amway in blackface.

i assume that some cats just wouldn't fit under the conscious umbrella no matter how hard you try (expertise), but what about cats like M2 that drop gems on certain aspects, but don't really fall into any of the traditional patterns... lifeboat conscious, where you gonna uplift your self and fam first. later for the rest of us woogies (c) baraka.

and the cultnats -- stay so entranced in culture (jazz, hip hop, film, whatever), that, apart from deconstruction, never DO anything?

this was dope. you should publish it and it should be required reading.

peace & blessings,

x.

"I'm on the Zoloft to keep from killing y'all." - Iron Mike

peace & blessings,

x.

www.twitter.com/poetx

=========================================
I'm an advocate for working smarter, not harder. If you just
focus on working hard you end up making someone else rich and
not having much to show for it. (c) mad

rhulah
Charter member
4409 posts
Sun Feb-08-04 12:04 PM

108. ""
In response to Reply # 0

You are posting this to say what!!??

k_orr
Charter member
80197 posts
Sun Feb-08-04 12:23 PM

109. "rhulah stop inboxing me"
In response to Reply # 108

I guess...
Date: Feb 8 2004

I'm a SupaDupa Afrikan.....and proud of it!!
You're funny!!

what's the point of your posting!!
Date: Feb 8 2004

all those pros and cons. for what?
we all adhere to various understanding, whether it is "Afrocnetricty", "marxism" and "what have you".

Reading is Fundamental

This was taken from the above site www.anti-thug.com.

http://www.anti-thug.com/news/ashheadlines.php?page=full&id=44

So if you have any problems with it, direct your inboxes/messages there.

one
k. orr

mcdeezjawns
Charter member
26056 posts
Sun Feb-08-04 02:30 PM

110. "archive this ish..."
In response to Reply # 0

maybe next year i'll make the list....though i would put myself in the "blunted" crew...

peace

Lobby Okay Activist Archives topic #2417 Previous topic | Next topic