Printer-friendly copy Email this topic to a friend
Lobby Okay Activist Archives topic #23657

Subject: "Does loving my own make me a racist?" This topic is locked.
Previous topic | Next topic
nappiness
Charter member
1145 posts
Wed Jul-12-00 04:42 PM

Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profileClick to add this author to your buddy list
"Does loving my own make me a racist?"

i am a little confused right now. i was browsing the general discussion boards and i see ?ueslove is snapping off, i don't understand why. but in response to something he says, not to him directly but to a point that is often made about hating on white people.
ya know, a most annoying thing is when loving my people, being down with uplifting Black folks, and acknowldedging the f**** up things that white people have done and continue to do makes me a racist and/or a "honky hater". i don't hate and i ain't no racist i just love my own. hatred is too much energy.
Nappiness is next to Godliness!!!
"To thy ownself be true"
Ms. Nappiness

---------------
Veronica-Precious
'Moon'

Check out my publishing company
UnSilenced Woman Press
www.unsilencedwomanpress.com

AquaMoon
Aqua Beats and Moon Verses: Volume I
http://www.spokenexistence.com/aqua_moon.html

Printer-friendly copy | Top

Topic Outline
Subject Author Message Date ID
from a peach one
Jul 12th 2000
RE: from a peach one
Jul 14th 2000
      great minds.....
Jul 20th 2000
Yes.
Jul 13th 2000
RE: Does loving my own make me a racist? - I AM FEELING YOU!!!
ms_raimaia
Jul 13th 2000
I totally agree with you!!!
niles28
Jul 13th 2000
      Because
KoalaLove
Jul 13th 2000
Racism is an ideology not a practice
KoalaLove
Jul 13th 2000
RE: Racism is an ideology not a practice
Rasaan7
Jul 14th 2000
RE: Does loving my own make me a racist?
Jul 13th 2000
Quick question
KoalaLove
Jul 13th 2000
      RE: Quick question
Jul 13th 2000
           as a person
shockalicious
Jul 13th 2000
           Their whole platform....
Jul 13th 2000
           Hooray
KoalaLove
Jul 14th 2000
           RE: Their whole platform....
Jul 14th 2000
                RE: Their whole platform....
Jul 14th 2000
                     Im happy to be nappy
KoalaLove
Jul 14th 2000
                          RE: Im happy to be nappy
Jul 14th 2000
           RE: Quick question
KoalaLove
Jul 14th 2000
girl please....!!!
Jul 13th 2000
um....
Jul 13th 2000
      word up
KoalaLove
Jul 14th 2000
      RE: um....
Jul 14th 2000
      thats awfully careless of you
KoalaLove
Jul 14th 2000
      RE: um....
Jul 18th 2000
Fuck whiteys!
Jul 14th 2000
Jul 14th 2000
Jul 18th 2000
i JUST POSTED THE SAME ?? IN GEN-DIS(SORRY)
Jul 19th 2000
ukaa
Jul 19th 2000
if we lived in utopia i would be done with what ya saying n/m
Jul 20th 2000

Dove
Charter member
32915 posts
Wed Jul-12-00 05:19 PM

Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profileClick to add this author to your buddy list
1. "from a peach one"
In response to Reply # 0

I NEVER and I repeat NEVER have a problem with anyone asserting pride in their culture. That's some good stuff.
I DO have a problem with people telling me how I should be living my life BECAUSE I'm pale, just as anyone doesn't like being pigeonholed. Ain't nobody payin my bills but me!

No - you aren't racist at all.

WE ALL have our prejudices and preferences - we prefer one thing to another - be it race, waist size, hair length - or whatever.... I happen to prefer grape kool-aid to red... does that make me prejudice in favor of the purple stuff? heck yeah! Does that make me a kool-aid hater? heck no!
?uest has his own reasons for saying what he said - but if people paid attention to what they SAID every day then they could see that what he is getting at is not unfounded. People say some hateful, spiteful ish up on these boards.
If you love me, I'll love you back. No questions asked. If you don't love me, but you love yourself, I'll still respect you.
Noone wants to be hated on. Nobody.

Dove
~Sheepish Lordess of Chaos~

"Cuz you answer the phone 'Peace', does that mean you not a freak?" - Common

****Celebrating Ju-Lie!!****

"I much prefer eating this cookie to smoking that blunt - thank you for offering though" - twistyroad

"I don't mind having the lowest score - I'm very non-competitive" - Goldenwon

"I really love Seattle!" ?uestlove

http://UrbLife.com
http://twitter.com/FlyLikeDove
http://instagram.com/FlyLikeDove
http://Facebook.com/FlyLikeDove
http://flylikedove.contently.com

nappiness
Charter member
1145 posts
Fri Jul-14-00 12:21 PM

23. "RE: from a peach one"
In response to Reply # 1

i didn't have a problem with what quest said. his words simply got me to thinking and forth came this question.
about these boards i think folks take these that are said too much to heart. it's one thing if you have to eat, live, breath these boards but being here is more like choice than being forced or being a neccessity of life. now, the whole harrassing folks on their emails and calling folks at home that some bogus ish.

"To thy ownself be true"
Ms. Nappiness

---------------
Veronica-Precious
'Moon'

UnSilenced Woman Press

AquaMoon

earthqueen
Charter member
8904 posts
Thu Jul-20-00 05:58 AM

Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profileClick to add this author to your buddy listClick to send message via AOL IM
32. "great minds....."
In response to Reply # 23

I didn't mean to copy your post but i had just got in and hadn't visited okayactivist yet i too amped. because at first it offended me but after reading responses here and in general dis, and a lil bit of soul searchin' i've decided that if bein down for my peeps, like I said before ILL BEE DAT
one

http://www.deadprez.com
So I'm at Street Corner Music(mom and Pop store outside of Detroit)

Me: hey what happened to ya'll HIP-HOP section??It used to be like four times bigger?!?!?!

Guy behind counter putting in Slum Village: What happened to the section??? No what happened to the ARTIST.......
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
I know more about what freedom isn't , than what it is...ASSATTA
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
reverse psychology got'em scared to say when shit is WACK/the fear of being called a hater imagine that/we aint havin that/reachin past the star status that you grabbin at/my battle rap flash yo ass back to yo nat-tu-ral habitat....TALIB KWELI

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Donuts Are Forever
http://twitter.com/MyNameIsJamma

k_orr
Charter member
80197 posts
Thu Jul-13-00 06:12 AM

Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profileClick to add this author to your buddy listClick to send message via AOL IM
2. "Yes."
In response to Reply # 0

It is the reason for white flight.

I love my people. I will move my family and my tax dollars out of this city to go to the suburbs to be with my people.

In the meantime, blacks, browns, asians, and poor whites have depleted tax bases to get school funding from. Add to that most good paying blue collar jobs are moving to areas where blacks, browns, and asians are majorities,(latin america and Asia), then you end up screwing the working class minorities in this country.

So because white folks love themselves, they live by themselves. It is not my place as a blackman to tell anyone that you have to live next to me, so I can benefit from your tax dollars.

When white folks do the self love thing, it doesn't have to involve lynching or unfair lending practices. But the move to segregate themselves from people of color, particularly poor people of color, has deleterious effects on the society as a whole.

Those soccer moms and techno-geeks aren't doing anything that you would percieve as being out and out racist. They just prefer to live among themselves. And often they don't even do that explicitly. They look for neighborhoods with good school systems, high employment, a certain mix of professionals, et cetera.

The categories that seem to be innocent are often racially skewed against people of color.

So self love, looking for empowerment, et cetera is in essence being racist.

But I'm okay with it. Call me a racist. I don't hate white folks, but my thoughts,beliefs, and actions move in a direction against their's.

peace
k. orr

http://breddanansi.tumblr.com/

ms_raimaia

Thu Jul-13-00 06:14 AM

3. "RE: Does loving my own make me a racist? - I AM FEELING YOU!!!"
In response to Reply # 0

i totally agree. just because i haven't forgotten what Black people have been through and continue to go through, that doesn't make me a racist. i think a lot of times, other Black people are so quick to throw the term "racist" at you because they would rather ignore the wrong-doing of the past in an attempt to get white folks to throw them a few scraps from their tables. speaking out about the terroristic things the u.s. does to Black people and other non-whites around the world (and even to other white folks sometimes) is not racism - it's truth. but it threatens those who have bought into this corrupt, racially divisive system. only those who feel threatened by Black self-love will have the nerve to call you a racist when you attempt to be pro-Black.
peace,
z

niles28

Thu Jul-13-00 06:39 AM

5. "I totally agree with you!!!"
In response to Reply # 3

Why are black people misjudged when they show black pride? Why are we called racist and are blamed for the continuation of racist practices when we show that love?

I love my people and never will apologize for doing so. Once we stop loving one another, we can forget about us surviving.

"And Still I Rise"-Maya Angelou

Member Services Director-SBU

KoalaLove

Thu Jul-13-00 06:48 AM

6. "Because"
In response to Reply # 5

The White American social system is determined to bear on us the obligation of substantiating race ideology when a quick glance at its structure will show quite obviously that it doesnt make sense.

The more pride we show in Black culture the more aware we become of the fact that "Whiteness" is not a culture at all. Its a big convoluted lie.

As soon as that lightbulb flickers up thats when they throw "reverse discrimantion" at you so that you'll get defensive and distracted from the idea that RACE IS A LIE cuz they dont want to consider that idea themselves- the very idea of reverse racism is even more preposterous.

K

KoalaLove

Thu Jul-13-00 06:24 AM

4. "Racism is an ideology not a practice"
In response to Reply # 0

Understand the etymology before you confuse yourself.

If you're willing to beleive that race classification is a valid or even pragmatic means of classifying human kind then that makes you a racist- whether you're proud of your people or not.

Racism does not mean prejudiced- or even discriminatory- it simply denotes the acceptance of the ideology of race.

If you think you are white- or think you are black simply as a matter of race - then you are a racist.

If you accept that your racial classification would cast you among whites but nonetheless such classifications are based on lies and cultural miscalculations then you are not a racist- you are race aware.

If you accept that racial classifications to this day either deem you as negro or as African American and that claiming to be Black complies with the Black power and black nation movements of the early 50's in demanding that you and your people be accepted as equals and allowed whatever liberties and priveleges are bestowed upon so-called "White" people- then this makes you a nationalist, a Black nationalist.

What makes you racist is something that we seldom challenge but must in order to truly diminish the hold that racism has over society. it is the very thought that race and race classification is real- if you are ready to realize that it is not then you may still be a racist but now you can change that.

K

ps. good work dove

Rasaan7

Fri Jul-14-00 12:26 PM

24. "RE: Racism is an ideology not a practice"
In response to Reply # 4

That's what I think. I don't even like to be called black. Black is a color. It is different from my skin color. I am an African American. I knew this girl at my college. She was from Egypt, but she looked like a caucasian. And she would always refer to herself as black. I would get sooo pissed off, because she wasn't black. I wouldn't mind if she called herself African American, but black? If you are going to call people black, at least make it all people of color, or all non-whites.

LordLadypharr
Charter member
3467 posts
Thu Jul-13-00 07:01 AM

7. "RE: Does loving my own make me a racist?"
In response to Reply # 0

No it does not...
if you don't love your own who will???
all races should have pride...
and not be a scared to show it...
some ppl do take it too far a cross that thin line...
like the kkk...
they are racist as bastards that will burn in the hottest darkest pits of hell...
love your race love your self...
be proud of who you are...
that goes for everyone...

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Having a badd day drink a Koreangoddess
shot of:
Absolut Kurrant
Bombay Gin
Jamaican Overproof White Rum
Pinapplejuice
Triple Sec
Peach Schannapps
**Ju Lie quote month**
"I quit drinking and smoking and now I am saved from all my sinful ways.." -Me

"I give up posting and all that okayplayer mess"-krylonwifey1979

01001101-01011001-00100000-01001110-01000001-01001101-01000101-00100000-01001001-01010011-00100000-01001100-01001001-01001100-01001100-01001001-01000001-01001110-00100000-00001101-00001010-01000001-01001110-0100010

KoalaLove

Thu Jul-13-00 12:01 PM

9. "Quick question"
In response to Reply # 7

What distinguishes race pride from racism? By your ideology KKK members are apparently morally justifiable if they dont go so far as to infringe on other people's livelihood. KKK members are proud to be White.

In the case of the KKK their pride emerges from the science and ideology of race as it says quite clearly that Whites are more evolved than Blacks. So if they believe that they are still in the confines of exhibitting race pride.

It seems to me that too many people buy into the exact same ideology but are quick to cast people into "the darkest pits of hell" when those people demonstrate the official doctrines of race classification.

"love your race love your self...
be proud of who you are...
that goes for everyone..."

see the thing is- KKK memebers can think this too but they are emboldened by the fact that race classification says quite clearly that Whites are superior. In their eyes everyone should be proud of who they are- and Blacks should be proud to be niggers.

"all races should have pride...
and not be a scared to show it...
some ppl do take it too far a cross that thin line..."

Again- this is exactly how members of the KKK see it, the only difference is that they have studied the doctrines of race that so-called White people are barely aware of but nonetheless perpetuate. The idea that race is substantiated by biology or science- but its not.

Its important for us to realize that yes people take it too far, but if you accept the very idea that you are "white"- youve ALREADY crossed "that line".

K

LordLadypharr
Charter member
3467 posts
Thu Jul-13-00 04:27 PM

10. "RE: Quick question"
In response to Reply # 9

the kkk teach hate...
their whole platform is one of hate...
hello they burn crosses on blks lawns for fun...
that's not pride...
beating and hanging ppl from trees is not pride...
that is hate...
loving your race does not mean you have to beat down another race...

**Ju Lie quote month**
"I quit drinking and smoking and now I am saved from all my sinful ways.." -Me

"I give up posting and all that okayplayer mess"-krylonwifey1979

"Kiddies be like me and so No to drugs"-Method Man

01001101-01011001-00100000-01001110-01000001-01001101-01000101-00100000-01001001-01010011-00100000-01001100-01001001-01001100-01001100-01001001-01000001-01001110-00100000-00001101-00001010-01000001-01001110-0100010

shockalicious

Thu Jul-13-00 09:06 PM

11. "as a person"
In response to Reply # 10

deemed 'white' by society i don't quite understand this notion of 'racial pride'-i'm specifically speaking 'white pride' here, which is a totally different mechanic than 'black pride'.

what does it mean?

that i am to be proud of being 'white'? how did i earn THAT pride? by just being born?

that i am to be proud of 'white' people? what for?

i mean, i'm proud of my family - and i'm proud of certain 'white' friends BUT i'm NOT proud of them BECAUSE they are 'white'. i'm proud of who they are, or how they live their lives.

how am i to be proud of people whom i DON'T know - the only connection being that we are classed as 'white'?

KoalaLove is right - what the hell does 'white' mean, anyway? i'm of Jewish/Irish stock, but i'm neither Jewish or Irish - i'm Australian, and happy to be so.

when i was younger, i went through a period where i was wracked with 'white guilt' - that's also some effed-up shit 'cause i never hated on or acted hatefully to ANYONE because of their race/colour/nationality in my LIFE.

i can be proud of being me, and can be held responsible for what i do - but neither pride nor shame for being 'white'.

s ck

bluetiger
Charter member
36728 posts
Thu Jul-13-00 11:32 PM

Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profileClick to add this author to your buddy list
12. "Their whole platform...."

off the KKK is racial pride. And superiority. Race, as an ideology, supports this sort of ignorance. If you are "proud" of your "race", then you (in reality) are proud of a fictional group of people that do not exist. If you think race implies culture, then you are also sadly mistaken (that is something altogether different). Race (scientifically and socially) implies that there is a superior group with which the other "races" cannot interbreed. Race basically means sub-species. Sub-species implies hierarchy and superiority. Race, according to the concept most of society practices, allows for a mythical "white" race to have superiority and control. So, according to this thinking, "whites" are allowed to have "racial" pride just because they are a "race", just because the love their "own"? There is something fundamentally flawed with your logic. Think about this: there are no races. None. Only cultures. "Racial" pride makes you a racist, and even worse, in tacit support of the so-called "whites'" idea of racial superiority. Please refrain from buying into this lie. I'm still amazed that so many people continue to perpetrate this ignorance (and call it consciousness)...........
Thanks for reading. I love you.

don't be fkn evil.

KoalaLove

Fri Jul-14-00 03:01 AM

14. "Hooray"
In response to Reply # 12

I appreciate the opportunity to let somebody else say it.

K

nappiness
Charter member
1145 posts
Fri Jul-14-00 03:20 AM

17. "RE: Their whole platform...."
In response to Reply # 12

LABELS fucked labels.....
whateva you wanna call it race, culture, society whateva that's just labels. did you get my point to begin with. there's a difference between being oppressed and being the oppressor.
kool if the premise of the kkk is white pride, alright but i don't condemn white pride equating to killing other people and there is a such thing as being extreme and i think all would agree that they are extreme.
about racism and being a racist, as a Black person in this country, where we ain't go no economic leverage or much else, i can't be racist b/c racist/racism = power and money of which we ain't got. white america can and has acted out on their racism by the institutionalization of slavery, what in the hell has Black folked enslaved, nothing.

"To thy ownself be true"
Ms. Nappiness

---------------
Veronica-Precious
'Moon'

UnSilenced Woman Press

AquaMoon

nappiness
Charter member
1145 posts
Fri Jul-14-00 03:22 AM

18. "RE: Their whole platform...."
In response to Reply # 17

my bad, i meant to say i don't condone white folks killing other races, cultures, groups (whateva label u wanna use)...remember noose, tree, supposed suicide attempt by the mississippi boy who "got out of hand".

"To thy ownself be true"
Ms. Nappiness

---------------
Veronica-Precious
'Moon'

UnSilenced Woman Press

AquaMoon

KoalaLove

Fri Jul-14-00 03:40 AM

20. "Im happy to be nappy"
In response to Reply # 18

"as a Black person in this country, where we ain't go no economic leverage or much else, i can't be racist b/c racist/racism = power and money of which we ain't got."

Im sorry nappy but that is just not the definition of racism. this is the common colloquial meaning of racism which came to rise by American class propoganda which tried to diminish the capacity to which people realize that race is a discriminatory class ideology.

racism- is simply believing in the properties and ideologies of race; it does not necessarily involve power for instance the KKK doesnt have much power neither do a great deal of southern rednecks- they are still racist.

racism does not mean prejudice or necesitate discrimination.

The truth is the ideology of race pruports that the "white" or caucasian race is more evolved than any other. The truth is that idea is blatanly false and scientifically and biologically preposterous nonetheless race classification is still given the respect of being somehow based on science. So by still allowing that racial classifications are valid you are a racist- and this idea is subscribed to by both Blacks and "Whites" - thats the problem.

What i want you to understand about the KKK is that they believe something that a lot of "White" people in this country believe- the very idea that they are "White." The difference is that the KKK have studied the origins of race and are proud to admit exactly what it means- as opposed to most "white" people who refuse to admit what it means, claim they dont believe what it means, and then go along with the very idea anway- as if they dont have a choice.

The truth is they do have a choice- that choice is to know and tell the truth. Race is a lie, the truth is they are not "White"- not in any fashion. The longer we allow them to presume this of themselves in mass the longer groups like the KKK will persist. "Hate groups" will flourish cuz they have good reason to; they are well versed in the idea that we allow and they bring to fruition agendas that are necesitated by the superiority ideology of race classification whether we admit it or not.

K

nappiness
Charter member
1145 posts
Fri Jul-14-00 12:12 PM

22. "RE: Im happy to be nappy"
In response to Reply # 20

and yes i am happy to be nappy.
you don't want me to understand you want me to agree with you and take your word as bond. well, i don't but i am glad that we were able to engage in this dialogue. i see your point and i've heard it before i've even argued against it in a research paper when i was an undergrad.
so, can we agree to disagree with each other. our exchange could go on for forty-acres and a mule and it gets redundant after awhile.

"To thy ownself be true"
Ms. Nappiness

---------------
Veronica-Precious
'Moon'

UnSilenced Woman Press

AquaMoon

KoalaLove

Fri Jul-14-00 03:06 AM

15. "RE: Quick question"

"their whole platform is one of hate..."

thats not true- their whole platform is of superiority hate is simply the manner in which they express it.

The thing you need to realize is that the platform that founds that hate, and the subsequent terrorism is the same platform that anyone who thinks themselves "White" is on. Its the same platform that has oppressed people of culture for some time now and it is the same platform that has robbed so-called "white" people of their culture and several of their liberties as well.

"loving your race does not mean you have to beat down another race..."

but it does mean that you're buying into an ideology that pruports that other races are inferior and might as well be beat down.

K

arkitek
Charter member
573 posts
Thu Jul-13-00 10:45 AM

Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profileClick to add this author to your buddy listClick to send message via AOL IM
8. "girl please....!!!"
In response to Reply # 0

because you pride and a sense of self within your culture, you're true to your self always. you aren't denying anyone anything by loving your people.

peace

arkitek

-where the fuck is my butterscotch milkshake!!!!?-

-fuck that this is my building!!!-

-So respect the architect... as I begin to build-

http://www.geocities.com/arkitek_1999

shallow-deepness.....it is what it is

bluetiger
Charter member
36728 posts
Thu Jul-13-00 11:39 PM

Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profileClick to add this author to your buddy list
13. "um...."
In response to Reply # 8

>you aren't denying anyone
>anything by loving your people.
loving "your people" implies race again. Race means sub-species, which means a hierarchal and genetically separate "race" is in control. Do you really believe the so-called "whites" are superior? Really? Even if the so-called "blacks" were superior, they are still not a "race", because "blacks" and "whites" have been interbreeding for millenia. You may love the participants of your familiar culture, but that in no way implies that the culture you love is a "race". Culture does not equal race.

Thanks for reading. I love you.

don't be fkn evil.

KoalaLove

Fri Jul-14-00 03:09 AM

16. "word up"
In response to Reply # 13

I might be able to retire if this keeps up

nappiness
Charter member
1145 posts
Fri Jul-14-00 03:27 AM

19. "RE: um...."

no it doesn't, you are reading too much into words. let's discuss actions, fuck label and categorizations. the actions of white folks have been oppressive, yes or no?
the instiutionalization of slavery is still in effect today, yes or no?
there is a such thing as white privilege, yes or no?
(my profanity doesn't mean i am cussing or upset *smile*)
"To thy ownself be true"
Ms. Nappiness

---------------
Veronica-Precious
'Moon'

UnSilenced Woman Press

AquaMoon

KoalaLove

Fri Jul-14-00 03:50 AM

21. "thats awfully careless of you"
In response to Reply # 19

"fuck label and categorizations"

As the american government is maintained heavily by those propoerties and in this case its quite obvious that the properties they use are discriminatory and invalid- simply disregarding them would be extremely careless of us.

Perhaps you should take the time to see just how deeply those labels and categorizations run in us and throughout our society.

Ill give you a hint: Its so deep that even YOU believe them.

------------->

as for your questions....

>the actions of white folks have been oppressive, yes or no?

yes- the very idea that they are "white" is oppresive.

>the instiutionalization of slavery is still in effect today, yes or no?

in a manner of speaking, yes, enslavement to low paying and unhealthy work conditions, enslavement to poverty and drug abuse, and the threat of personal safety as provided by an intimidating overseer- the very institution of slavery may have diminished but its walls still stand.

>there is a such thing as white privilege, yes or no?

yes- but only in the sense that people allow that any group consider themselves "white"

K

b00g1e
Charter member
7169 posts
Tue Jul-18-00 10:55 AM

27. "RE: um...."

loving your people does NOT have to imply race...it does imply same or simialr socio-economic backgrounds..there is such a thing as shared culture and experience...regardless of the actual idea/ psuedo-science of race persay. So it is ok to love "your people"

@2SCCproject on twitter
http://2ndsceneculturecity.tumblr.com/
https://www.facebook.com/2ndSceneCultureCityProject

Tank
Charter member
4903 posts
Fri Jul-14-00 12:32 PM

25. "Fuck whiteys!"
In response to Reply # 0

U love U lady, that's all that matters! I love me and that makes me a happy chappy!

Peace,

Tank

Attention Vinyl Junkies - http://www.recordkingdom.com/

"In the path of our happiness shall we find the learning for which we have chosen this lifetime." Richard Bach, Illusions

"As do many strong people, she had found herself a victim of the tyranny of the weak." Tom Robbins, Even Cowgirls Get the Blues

---
"It's easy to blur the truth with a simple linguistic trick: start your story from "Secondly."" -- Mourid Barghouti

25percenter
Charter member
2161 posts
Fri Jul-14-00 08:12 PM

26. "RE: Does loving my own make me a racist?"
In response to Reply # 0

Hells no! Nothing against whitepeople or anybody else, but at this point in my life my primary focus is on my own... And yes....some of my best friends are white heterosexual privileged men

chek the second sig quote.

Out.

25percenter

"Your Silence will not Protect You"
-Audre Lorde

"Black Men Loving Black Men is THE Revolutionary Act"
-Marlon Riggs

"My verbal sound bites transfigga bitch niggaz to kings...dismantle th bling bling. Not only lyrical but nappiest/
and as for gay boy interventions in this hip hop tradition, I deliver so consider me the happiest "

-25percenter

D/DC (Deep Dickollective) Rules!!!!!
- my lil brotha

www.reddirt.biz
www.myspace.com/timmwest
www.myspace.com/deepdickollective
www.bravesoulcollective.org

*Diamonds are Coals under Pressure*
-Lorraine Hansberry

*Black Men Loving Black Men is THE Revolutionary Act!
- Marlon Riggs

prophetsun
Member since Sep 15th 2002
10 posts
Tue Jul-18-00 03:59 PM

28. "RE: Does loving my own make me a racist?"
In response to Reply # 0

what do you call a person who has chosen to love and study the piano?.....a pianist.

what would you call a person who has chosen to dedicate time to and completely master the violin?...they would be called a violinist.

so a person who loves his race and takes the time to learn everything possible about it would be a racist...............

nah, i don't buy that dumb sh*t either...but it sounded good for a second didn't it?

-Whoa! Why am i attacking hip hop? 'Cause I'm a lyricist, son. A lyricist that has had to serve as his own inspiration when most of my peers seem to idolize Donald Trump more than Sly Stone; when they don't seem to realize that Jimi Hendrix was and is a sonic Bill Gates. Oh Shit, don't make me call no names...penned by Saul Williams

-Not strong, only agressive
-not free, merely licensed
-not compassionate, we were polite
-not good, but well behaved
-we courted death in order to call ourselves brave, and hid like thieves from life. Toni Morrison

-DO REVOLUTIONARIES EAT
KENTUCKY FRIED CHICKEN ?
"school daze"

WHY DO BAMMAS TELL LIES ONLINE?
IS YOUR LIFE SO PATHETIC THAT YOU FEEL YOU HAVE TO LIE TO COMPLETE STRANGERS?
GET A CLUE......Y'ALL 'BOUT TA MAKE ME OPEN UP A FRESH CAN ON Y'ALL B*TCH *SSES

earthqueen
Charter member
8904 posts
Wed Jul-19-00 08:49 PM

29. "i JUST POSTED THE SAME ?? IN GEN-DIS(SORRY)"
In response to Reply # 0

i DIDNT' MEAN TO copy but a black man told me that i was so PRO BLACk that i was Anti White, and i just had to see waht people thought, i didn't think to check the boards first( just got in from work)
but hey i've coem to the conclusion that if willing to die for my people's freedom, means I'm anti-white
I"ll BEE DAT

http://www.deadprez.com
So I'm at Street Corner Music(mom and Pop store outside of Detroit)

Me: hey what happened to ya'll HIP-HOP section??It used to be like four times bigger?!?!?!

Guy behind counter putting in Slum Village: What happened to the section??? No what happened to the ARTIST.......
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
I know more about what freedom isn't , than what it is...ASSATTA
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
reverse psychology got'em scared to say when shit is WACK/the fear of being called a hater imagine that/we aint havin that/reachin past the star status that you grabbin at/my battle rap flash yo ass back to yo nat-tu-ral habitat....TALIB KWELI

Donuts Are Forever
http://twitter.com/MyNameIsJamma

ukaa

Wed Jul-19-00 11:08 PM

30. "RE: Does loving my own make me a racist?"
In response to Reply # 0

......i agree with koalalove and bluetiger......race, in the context of black, white, etc., is contrary to reason.......think about it.......it's an egregious, and obviously efficacious, tactic to divide.......i love GOD....therefore, i love, support, nourish, absorb and radiate positivity........race is an illusion.....

......peace&blessings.........ukaa......a small axe.......

nappiness
Charter member
1145 posts
Thu Jul-20-00 05:34 AM

31. "if we lived in utopia i would be done with what ya saying n/m"
In response to Reply # 30

"To thy ownself be true"
Ms. Nappiness

---------------
Veronica-Precious
'Moon'

UnSilenced Woman Press

AquaMoon