Printer-friendly copy Email this topic to a friend
Lobby Okay Activist Archives topic #23284

Subject: "New Book - Economic Aparthied" This topic is locked.
Previous topic | Next topic
el_rey
Charter member
5626 posts
Tue Aug-01-00 08:20 AM

Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profileClick to add this author to your buddy list
"New Book - Economic Aparthied"

Fam,

I just received this email from a friend of mine who's been working on this book for a while. It's finally done. Here's a copy of the email I got:

Dear Friends and Comrades,

I hope you are all doing well and enjoying the
summer. Please forgive me for not writing personally. However, I'm writing with some exciting news. As some of you already know, the book that I wrote with Chuck Collins, Economic Apartheid in America, has just been released! It's already getting some good reviews.

You can help us by spreading the word about the
book...

Economic Apartheid should be available in bookstores now, however if you order them from UFE (877-JOIN UFE or 877-564-6833), United for a Fair Economy benefits.

Economic Apartheid is an action-oriented, movement-building guide to closing the widening gap between the rich and everyone else in this country. The book examines recent changes in income and wealth distribution, as well as the economic policies and shifts in power that have fueled the growing divide. It is also filled with charts, graphs, political cartoons, and resources for action, some of which may seem familiar to those of you who have gone through UFE's Growing Divide workshop. It is full of solutions and links to over 70 organizations addressing the growing divide.

We're hoping the book will help strengthen all of efforts and help build the movement for economic justice, so we encourage you to read, recommend, and review it. We need your help promoting this book and getting the message out about the emerging movement for greater economic justice.

Please help in the following ways Š

1) Order or buy a copy of Economic Apartheid from your local independent bookstore, from UFE, or through the "Books" category on www.workingforchange.com/shop.

2) Urge your local independent bookstore and library to carry Economic Apartheid.

3) Help us organize events in your area to promote Economic Apartheid and to discuss issues of economic justice, or invite Chuck and/or I to speak at your events in the fall and winter. This is especially helpful if you have any institutional connections!

4) Help us publicize the book via e-mail, website links, newsletter blurbs, and by writing reviews and forwarding this email to friends.

5) Post a review on Amazon.com.

Thank you so much for your support! If (when) you read it, please let me know what you think.

warmly,
felice

Felice Yeskel, Ed.D.
Director Stonewall Center
Crampton House/SW
UMass
Amherst, MA 01003
(413) 545-4824
(413) 545-6667 (FAX)
fyeskel@stuaf.umass.edu

Enjoy fam.

love and respect,
El Rey

http://www.mumia2000.org
http://www.mumia.org
http://www.mumia911.org

EFF A FAKE QUOTE! I DEAL WITH THE REAL (so if its artificail let it be ...) (c) Blac... awww, you know who

;-);-);-);-);-);-);-)
A mob is not autonomous: it executes the real will of the people who rule the state. The slaughter in Birmingham Alabama, for example, was not, merely, the action of a mob. That blood is on the hands of the state of Alabama: which sent those mobs into the streets to execute the will of the State ...

... A mob cannot afford to doubt: that the Jews killed Christ or that n*ggers want to rape their sisters or that anyone who fails to make it in the land of the free and the home of the brave deserves to be wretched. But these ideas don't come from the mob. They come from the state, which creates and manipulates the mob. The idea of a black person as property, for example, does not com from the mob. It is not a spontaneous idea. It does not come from the people, who knew better, who thought nothing of inter-marriage until they were penalized for it: this idea comes from the architects of the American State. These architects decided that the concept of Property was more important -- more real -- than the possibilities of the human being. (c) James Baldwin.

~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~
who are you

really

Printer-friendly copy | Top

Lobby Okay Activist Archives topic #23284 Previous topic | Next topic