Printer-friendly copy Email this topic to a friend
Lobby Okay Activist Archives topic #23175

Subject: "Re-Education for Tomorrow--An activists struggle" This topic is locked.
Previous topic | Next topic
d-Best

Fri Aug-04-00 04:32 AM

"Re-Education for Tomorrow--An activists struggle"

PURPOSE:

many of us have come to the realization that we must teach what many are afraid to address. our children must no longer grow up with one sided romanticized/mythologized history.

QUESTION:

what do we need to teach each other so we can actually teach THE TRUTH...

Printer-friendly copy | Top

Topic Outline
Subject Author Message Date ID
I'll Start...
d-Best
Aug 04th 2000
I guess
Aug 04th 2000

d-Best

Fri Aug-04-00 04:38 AM

1. "I'll Start..."
In response to Reply # 0

okay,

world exploration and connection. Egypt and Ireland were connected, Scandinavia and canada were connected, Pygmies in Greeland, Japanese settlers in Western-US deserts residing among Pueblos, Arab contact with Scandinavia, Mongolia and Europe, africa and china by boat for centuries, phonecia and South American islands, etc. etc etc etc

The world did not recently come together. Alot of knowledge is lost through the destruction of old libraries (regular practice for european oppressors) but the old world was VERY connected and aware of the rest of things. Black people were not suddenly discovered by whites "wow, what are these?"

The OLD world was aware of others, of distances, or people, of culture, traded, learned, visited, influenced religions, etc.

THESE THINGS DESTROY THE EURO-MYTH THAT THE WORLD WAS SUDDENLY DISCOVERED, AND PEOPLE WERE DISCOVERED, AND SERVES TO NOT-FORGIVE IGNORANT ROYAL MILITARY CATS FOR THEIR TRESSPASSES.

QUOTE: "the older society is the more civilized" --Brighteyes, Planet of the Apes

janey
Charter member
123124 posts
Fri Aug-04-00 05:03 AM

Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profileClick to add this author to your buddy list
2. "I guess"
In response to Reply # 0

that if I were to have children, the three things that I would want to make sure to teach them about what they are learning are:

-- The story is always told from the perspective of the person telling it, even though most often the storyteller hides behind anonymity in an effort to disguise its bias. That includes photographs and videotapes, which influence, frame and edit what they present but which make no reference to themselves.

-- Everyone has a different opinion, and most people have a hard time distinguishing between their opinions and truth.

-- The veracity of the statement is not dependent on the credibility of the speaker. The biggest idiot in the world can say that the sun will rise tomorrow, but that doesn't mean that it won't.

Peace.

~ ~ ~
All meetings end in separation
All acquisition ends in dispersion
All life ends in death
- The Buddha

|\_/|
='_'=

Every hundred years, all new people

Lobby Okay Activist Archives topic #23175 Previous topic | Next topic