Printer-friendly copy Email this topic to a friend
Lobby Okay Activist Archives topic #22935

Subject: "Quit reproducing!" This topic is locked.
Previous topic | Next topic
DJ_scratch_N_sniff
Member since Jun 09th 2002
155 posts
Sun Jul-30-00 01:44 PM

Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profileClick to add this author to your buddy listClick to send message via AOL IM
"Quit reproducing!"

There's enough of us al-damn-ready. U want kids? There's plenty of war orphans in Rwanda, Kosovo, Ivory coast... Homeless children number in the millions in some countries. Adopt. We don't need more plastic diapers in our dumps, more crowded classrooms. We could use some caring parents for kids who might otherwise be prostitutes before they turn 14.

We have so many teenagers having unwanted children. Adopt one. You ain't need to plant a tree when you live in the damn forest, seen?

- Ameteur bitcher, djsns

*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~
giving you true posts since 1999 - effa charter member

"I can assure you, we won't be putting money into a society which is not transparent and corrupt."
-George W Bush

Printer-friendly copy | Top

Topic Outline
Subject Author Message Date ID
i feel the same way~
RudeGirl/Virgo
Jul 30th 2000
Why so angry?
Jul 30th 2000
you're right.
Jul 31st 2000
I agree 100%
Jul 31st 2000
      RE: I agree 100%
Aug 01st 2000
sooooooooooooo
Jul 30th 2000
Morning After in Schools
BombsOverZion
Jul 31st 2000
RE: Morning After in Schools
Aug 01st 2000
RE: Morning After in Schools
Aug 01st 2000
My most fundamental right
Jul 31st 2000
OK, then
Jul 31st 2000
I don't disagree with you
Jul 31st 2000
      Thanks
Aug 02nd 2000
Children should be luxury items
Aug 01st 2000
Good point.
Aug 02nd 2000
      MISTAKE! children SHOULDN'T be luxury items
Aug 03rd 2000
Thoughts
Aug 01st 2000
I feel ya
Aug 03rd 2000
We need to shut this ish down China style...
Aug 03rd 2000
Quit having sex!
Rappy Mouse
Aug 03rd 2000
RE: Quit having sex! & Re: the discussion in general
d-Best
Aug 04th 2000
      The longer you go
Aug 04th 2000
           Celibacy is not natural
Aug 04th 2000
                I agree that
Aug 04th 2000
                true
Aug 04th 2000
                Why else can Shaolin monks sleep on spiked beds?
Rappy Mouse
Aug 04th 2000
i agree
Aug 10th 2000
RE: i agree
Aug 02nd 2000
labor
Aug 03rd 2000
fire with kids....
Aug 03rd 2000

RudeGirl/Virgo

Sun Jul-30-00 03:12 PM

1. "i feel the same way~"
In response to Reply # 0

altho i do want children, well child of my own one day, i also would like to adopt. or atleast have foster children, or both, i dont know, i love kids~~

O4real
Member since May 23rd 2002
3 posts
Sun Jul-30-00 06:31 PM

Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profileClick to add this author to your buddy list
2. "Why so angry?"
In response to Reply # 1

I understand the concern of teenage pregnancy-- that's why we must educate not scorn, nothing is gained by bicthin'. We also must set examples. Have you done anything you're suggesting? And why doen't a person have the right to have a child of their own. They didn't have part in the hundreds, thousands of kids already in this shit hole of a world. As long as they can care for their seeds I think its a personal choice.

DJ_scratch_N_sniff
155 posts
Mon Jul-31-00 08:17 PM

Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profileClick to add this author to your buddy listClick to send message via AOL IM
6. "you're right."
In response to Reply # 2

I shouldn't bitch. I didn't mean for it to sound like I was telling people what to do... I was definitely bitching (check my sig above).

People can have their own kids if they want. Maybe there's something i don't understand about being a parent (good thing i ain't one), but I think it's kind of vain to want your "own" child. My thinkin is if you raise an adopted child, they're as much your "own" kid as any blood relation.

So, no, i haven't done any of the stuff i'm talking about and i have no place tellin people what to do. Plus I'm a bitch. But i'm a bitch with an opinion.

ps - i'm not usually a bitch, don't worry

"I can assure you, we won't be putting money into a society which is not transparent and corrupt."
-George W Bush

mikaela_h
Charter member
1709 posts
Mon Jul-31-00 08:45 PM

8. "I agree 100%"
In response to Reply # 1

I plan on adopting one or two children...there are way too many children out there that don't have parents for various different reasons...I'm not even too sure if I'll give birth, I think we need to take care of the children that are already here, the same way that we care for the one's that we bring here...

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
"remember this..you don't complete me, you only make my cup runneth over...together, I will be no more than Kamilah, no less than Kamilah...never X's Kamilah...apart the cup will still be full, and I'll still be Kamilah"---me

CELEBRATING AUGUST AS "BOOM FLICK ON YOUR OWN DICK" or "STIMULATE YOUR OWN CLIT" but "BE A BITCH WHILE YOU DO IT" month...

"stay outta my panties unless you're looking to get fed"---me on nosy muthafuckas

"if your mind can see it then your vagina can achieve it"---Jumecca's advice on how to get layed in the 2000

"The greatest enemy of knowledge is not ignorance, it is the illusion of knowledge" - Stephen H

O4real
3 posts
Tue Aug-01-00 06:21 AM

Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profileClick to add this author to your buddy list
11. "RE: I agree 100%"
In response to Reply # 8

>I plan on adopting one or
>two children...

I agree that this is a wonderful thing to do, I may even look into it later on. I would love to adopt a preteen 5-12. I agree that this is a cruel world to bring children into.But we're also not responsible for the mistakes of others. And only partly responsible for the mistakes of our children biological or adopted, their all our own. As far as it being a vain thing to do (to have a child), it can also be seen as the most unselfish selfish thing to do. Having a child can change the coldest most egotistic heart. Trust me I know what I speak of. Unfortunetly adoption does not have the same effect on some (not to say that this people are bad)but for those it does, they make a difference for our future.---Peace

Dove
Charter member
32915 posts
Sun Jul-30-00 08:02 PM

3. "sooooooooooooo"
In response to Reply # 0

I'm 33, single, no kids. I should never want to have kids of my own?
I never ruled out adoption, but I found out recently I might not be able to have kids and it's pretty depressing really.
You may not think it's a big deal to want your own kids, but it is definitely an issue to some people.
I don't think young women should be poppin out baby after baby, but I there are better ways to positively discuss this issue.

Please be a little kinder to those of us who have planned to wait - and to those of us who may not even be able to have our own....

Dove
~Sheepish Lordess of Chaos~

"don't give it out if we can't take it home..." Carmia

http://UrbLife.com
http://twitter.com/FlyLikeDove
http://instagram.com/FlyLikeDove
http://Facebook.com/FlyLikeDove
http://flylikedove.contently.com

BombsOverZion

Mon Jul-31-00 12:57 AM

4. "Morning After in Schools"
In response to Reply # 0

I say we should give the morning after pill in schools, we should also have condom machines in the bathrooms. Think about it, you are not about to stop teenagers from having sex. Instead of just avoiding the issue, lets face it head on. If a teenage girl in the 11th grade can barely support herself, how the hell is she going to support a child.

illmeta
Charter member
2360 posts
Tue Aug-01-00 06:04 AM

10. "RE: Morning After in Schools"
In response to Reply # 4

YOur opening a whole new wound. I totally agree with you, they should be given out. But the way I hear it. The fine line between church and state have been broken. Catholics in particular are not wanting condoms and ish in school because they infringe on some kind of b.s. rule/commandment in their church. This is not only Catholics though.

Errr...as a high school student myself I KNOW these kids have sex...heck I've been guilty of it myself, but the thing is that these girls and boys aren't fully comfortable with their sexuality, they just want feeling and don't take into account...don't even know..that condoms, etc. need to be put on, applied, etc. So condoms in school would educate and they could still use them.

AIM:iLLmeTA

"This is not only a shameless push for this thread...but also a response."-me

iLLmeTA: what's happenin kid?
yardicus: Eh...same isht...different toilet.

THIS IS MY EFFIN MOTTO. SO IF YOU ASK ME THIS, THIS IS YOUR RESPONSE.

"Meta/proceeded by the Ill son/it's real son/like the funky feel one/but I ain't Cypress Hill dunn/The Lone Bird/like GunStar/SPit on single or 8 bars/drop jewels like Nick Cage gone in 60 second stealin' cars...."-yardicus (of yardbird33 fame)

"RAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAR!!!!!"-Goldenwon

O4real
3 posts
Tue Aug-01-00 06:40 AM

12. "RE: Morning After in Schools"
In response to Reply # 4

>I say we should give the
>morning after pill in schools,

Do you really think this would be the way to go. Shouldn't the goal be educating so we can prevent the pregnancy before the abortion. As a used to be sexually active teen when I was in high school, I know no one can stop you from sex but it also shouldn't be made easier. This, you're suggesting, almost seems like a green light to act irresponsible.

>we should also have condom
>machines in the bathrooms. Think
>about it, you are not
>about to stop teenagers from
>having sex.

This I can agree with. This is prevention before conception, and it also touches the subject of health, which we should be educating on. Kids should never be allowed to have primiscious(?) sex.

>If a
>teenage girl in the 11th
>grade can barely support herself,
>how the hell is she
>going to support a child.

She can't but if forced into abortion what is to say the same mistake won't be made again with such an easy way out. If someone can support a family having children is a choice of the heart.----PEACE

k_orr
Charter member
80197 posts
Mon Jul-31-00 04:02 AM

Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profileClick to add this author to your buddy listClick to send message via AOL IM
5. "My most fundamental right"
In response to Reply # 0

You want to infringe on?

I don't want someone else's seed, I want my own.
I want someone with my nose, my math skills, my brown eyes.

Why should I stop having kids?

peace

k. orr

http://breddanansi.tumblr.com/

DJ_scratch_N_sniff
155 posts
Mon Jul-31-00 08:41 PM

7. "OK, then"
In response to Reply # 0

I see that this discussion can only get me into arguments at this point. So I'm going to stop... mmm... in a minute.

I thought this post would be returned with more agreement. I thought more people saw it my way, but considering the population growth rate of this planet, I don't know wtf I was thinking. Of course people want to have their "own" children who look like them and remind them of themselves. It's only natural to fall in love with someone who reminds you of yourself. I know I'd go crazy for my own kid. I'm not saying i'm any different... but isn't that vain? (vane? vain? sp?)

Anyways, i'm sorry for being a bitch. i didn't mean to offend people. folks do what folks want, and someone always got a prob w/ it. i should have relaxed a little before posting... but i didn't. yall know how it is. this should be for personal growth and that was the intention of the original post but i kinda missed. but yall know what i was saying.

When I get (a whole lot) older, i want to adopt. I don't really care that much if a kid is my "real" kid. I mean, to me that sounds so........ u know what i mean? Like no one else's kid is good enough or something. But u know, whatever worx 4 u. Maybe for u, no one "else's" kid would, for all i know. I shouldn't be so judgemental. I know it's different for most folks... just don't think about it the same way as me... so, whatever's right 4 u, follow your path.

peace.

-George W Bush

Dove
Charter member
32915 posts
Mon Jul-31-00 10:54 PM

9. "I don't disagree with you"
In response to Reply # 7

I think adoption is great. I would adopt - I always figured I would - even if I had my own.
If you were to walk up to me on the street and said to me what you typed in this post I probably would have cried - because it is a newly sensitive issue to me. It doesn't make you a bitch - and I would never call you that for having your opinion.
All I'm saying is - there are more positive ways to address the issue. I dunno, I'm probably a lot more sensitive about it than some women right now, so maybe I'm not the best person to talk to about it.
I don't disagree though - you have a valid point. You struck a chord with me -and that's why I replied the way I did. I don't think any less of you for your opinion.
Dove
~Sheepish Lordess of Chaos~

"don't give it out if we can't take it home..." Carmia

http://UrbLife.com
http://twitter.com/FlyLikeDove
http://instagram.com/FlyLikeDove
http://Facebook.com/FlyLikeDove
http://flylikedove.contently.com

DJ_scratch_N_sniff
155 posts
Wed Aug-02-00 05:25 PM

15. "Thanks"
In response to Reply # 9

and i'm sorry. I was seriously insensitive for a minute. I don't know wtf i was thinking. And thanks for bein a sweetheart about it. I see how you could be very effected by something like that.

-George W Bush

nahymsa
Charter member
1734 posts
Tue Aug-01-00 07:02 AM

13. "Children should be luxury items"
In response to Reply # 0

...only the rich can afford.

DJ_scratch_N_sniff
155 posts
Wed Aug-02-00 05:30 PM

17. "Good point."
In response to Reply # 13

that was a short but powerful post u made... kinda struck a chord.

i assume you're talking about how much it costs to adopt. That's some bullsh** aint it... but then again it costs a lot more to raise a kid than to buy one.

-George W Bush

nahymsa
Charter member
1734 posts
Thu Aug-03-00 03:51 AM

18. "MISTAKE! children SHOULDN'T be luxury items"
In response to Reply # 17

Only the rich can afford.

I am very much against this idea that the world is overpopulated.

ITS NOT. There is enough food & shelter to go around but certain people hog it all. America is a land of waste & we are all guilty.

Nettrice
Charter member
61747 posts
Tue Aug-01-00 01:39 PM

Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profileClick to add this author to your buddy list
14. "Thoughts"
In response to Reply # 0

If the education system fails kids and some kids drop out then how are the schools going to teach safe sex? Condom machines would always be full unless there are incentives to drop a few cents in on the regular. Sex is easy and encouraged by the media. Some girls just want to have their own love child and some boys think having lots of babies make them a man. How do you build a teen's self esteem so they understand their true worth?

If some teenagers' parents were teens when they dropped them what would it take for them not to repeat that "mistake"? Parenting is easy when you don't have to work all hours of the day to make ends meet and when you aren't stressed to the point of tuning out your children. Nowadays real parenting is a luxury and getting knocked up is more common than getting locked up.

I work with teens everyday (for ten years) so I have learned to see things the way they see it. Teens follow examples and usually whatever is "cool" at the moment. Sex is cool. School is not cool. However, there are always exceptions but these people are not always around.

I was 18 and in my second semester as a college freshman when I decided to lose my virginity. Now, I am almost 30 and I chose not to have kids. I decided never to get pregnant. The pressure to get pregnant at age 29 is tremendous and it is a good thing I know my self worth or I would give in.

"No matter who you are or what your age may be, if you want to achieve permanent, sustaining success, the motivation that will drive you toward that goal must come from within." - Ultramagnetic MCs

<--- Blame this lady for Nutty.

janey
Charter member
123124 posts
Thu Aug-03-00 05:47 AM

Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profileClick to add this author to your buddy list
21. "I feel ya"
In response to Reply # 14

I too have chosen not to have children. I fully support your decision, and I know from experience that it's not one that is popular. I kept my ligation a secret from my mother because she was really really upset when I told her I was thinking about doing it. (My theory is that she didn't need to know that I had the ligation. I didn't need her approval to do it, or to live my life, and if it was going to upset her, I just didn't think I needed to put it in her face). But friends, too, have had difficulty getting their arms around the issues.

Unohoo & I had a bit of a convo about this recently as a side issue on another thread.

http://www.okayplayer.com/cgi-bin/dcforum/dcboard.cgi?az=show_thread&om=601&forum=DCForumID1&omm=0

I don't know if I copied this link right, so let me also tell you that this is the "Men & Women Need to Start Talking" thread.

Peace.

~ ~ ~
All meetings end in separation
All acquisition ends in dispersion
All life ends in death
- The Buddha

|\_/|
='_'=

Every hundred years, all new people

BlackLex
Charter member
552 posts
Thu Aug-03-00 05:57 AM

22. "We need to shut this ish down China style..."
In response to Reply # 0

I know ya'll know about China's one child per family rule. Well im in full agreement with that.

Eff having a thousand kids cuz you want a big family...have ONE child and get it right. You owe your child that much.

one

B l a c k L e x
"I never brag how real I keep it, cuz its the best secret"
N. Jones

Rappy Mouse

Thu Aug-03-00 01:38 PM

23. "Quit having sex!"
In response to Reply # 0

Just stop. Quit thinking about it. Everytime your dick gets hard, think about broccoli. The longer you go without sex, the less you will want it. Therefore, major mission accomplished.

sex = problems

problems = bad

d-Best

Fri Aug-04-00 07:30 AM

24. "RE: Quit having sex! & Re: the discussion in general"
In response to Reply # 23

i don't know about that longer you go.

It's a reverse application of addiction theories.

The more you indulge the more you need to indulge, though that doesn't necesarily say the long you go without the less you want.

At least not in biological impulses. though if you don't eat for awhile, you stop wanting to, and i would imagine abstinant cats like priests detach themselves from their sexuality after awhile... well... (i'll reserve sarcastic comments there)

It both does and does not matter when people have kids. It IS more RESPONSIBLE for us to adopt kids that need love. To say this isn't to infringe upon someone's RIGHT as many will point out ("don't front on my right to have my own kids, yo").

If it infringes upon ones own sense of guilt, and desire to avoid dealing with the problems other people have created, so be it.

But that's what alot of activist life is--cleaning up other people's shit.

janey
Charter member
123124 posts
Fri Aug-04-00 07:36 AM

25. "The longer you go"
In response to Reply # 24

What I've read (and had backed up by personal experience) is that it is true that the longer you go without, the less you want it. But you actually have to think in the long term on this issue. Like, two weeks doesn't count. Think two years.

There are also physical differences between the sexes that create different tolerance periods. If I recall correctly, men have a harder time in the very short term (couple of weeks), while women's peak problem time comes at about 3-6 months. But apparently after a couple of years, it evens out.

Also, thanks for refraining from sarcastic comments about people who have vowed celibacy. We've all heard horrible stories about bad priests, but many of us (myself included) know or have known lots of people who were truly committed to their vows.

Peace.

~ ~ ~
All life ends in death
- The Buddha

|\_/|
='_'=

nahymsa
Charter member
1734 posts
Fri Aug-04-00 10:31 AM

26. "Celibacy is not natural"
In response to Reply # 25

In my opinion.

A good sex life is great for the mind, body & soul.

janey
Charter member
123124 posts
Fri Aug-04-00 10:41 AM

27. "I agree that"
In response to Reply # 26

our sexuality is an enormous part of who we are. I too believe that celibacy would not be appropriate for me. But I also acknowledge and value those who have made the conscious decision to refrain from sexual activity as part of a larger decision to witness that the material world is not all there is or that "God is enough" as some put it.

What's nice, though, is to have a relationship with one's own sexuality that provides freedom to consciously decide and take responsibility for our bodies while encouraging and enhancing the benefits of expressing that sexuality. Many of us don't, or have periods of time when we don't, have a strong positive relationship with our sexual natures, or a consciousness of the power of sexuality. So sometimes a period of chastity can provide a little perspective.

Peace.

~ ~ ~
All life ends in death
- The Buddha

|\_/|
='_'=

nahymsa
Charter member
1734 posts
Fri Aug-04-00 10:55 AM

28. "true"
In response to Reply # 27

peace

Rappy Mouse

Fri Aug-04-00 03:42 PM

29. "Why else can Shaolin monks sleep on spiked beds?"
In response to Reply # 26

THEY HAVEN'T BEEN DESTROYED BY THE PUSSY!!!

fire
Charter member
111370 posts
Thu Aug-10-00 09:21 AM

30. "i agree"
In response to Reply # 0

i always have said that if i have money i will adopt children. don't get it twisted though i wanna carry some too. i don't get cramps every month for nothing!

23july2000
u can't have my fire/they fear'd ur flame/& so sprayed caustic foam out of dbl sided lips/speakin like pale faces
w/broken peace pipes/U BLK/U UGLY/U
INK SPOT/which in it's translation of nigganglish resounded to/I AM BLK/
I AM UGLY/I DON'T HAVE IT SO I CAN'T WANNA LOVE U/beautiful transcriptionist u are...dark elegy/that heightens midnight stars/which pale in daylight
u spot of convection.../u say fierce real slow & be sayin "fire"/turn ur faces now to ur bricked bahamanian sphinx/look at her in ur wanton NEED
to be DARK as the meetin of mary's thighs/to be as BLK as sun spots
as UGLY as her heretofore eradicated nose/LOOK!!! at that blk girl gone blk
gone blue beyond blue beyond u
lookit fire y'all... leavin them w/burnt faces -k l moore
one...- the bad bitch asighn4jane

"respect my month or lick my rump! -fire da BITCH

www.twitter.com/firefire100
http://instagram.com/firefire100
www.philadelphiaeagles.com

DJ_scratch_N_sniff
155 posts
Wed Aug-02-00 05:28 PM

16. "RE: i agree"
In response to Reply # 30

i
>don't get cramps every month
>for nothing!

did they tell u about that real long big cramp you get after not having cramps for 9 months?

:-P

-George W Bush

fire
Charter member
111370 posts
Thu Aug-03-00 05:31 AM

19. "labor"
In response to Reply # 16

it would be a pleasure to be blessed with labor pains. i love my neices and nephew enough to know this.

www.twitter.com/firefire100
http://instagram.com/firefire100
www.philadelphiaeagles.com

BooDaah
Charter member
32690 posts
Thu Aug-03-00 05:41 AM

20. "fire with kids...."
In response to Reply # 30

....very scary thought indeed.

------QUOTE STARTS HERE------
BooDaah-OkayActivist Moderator
** PLEASE READ THE POSTING GUIDELINES:
http://www.okayplayer.com/guidelines.html
-----------------------------

Lobby Okay Activist Archives topic #22935 Previous topic | Next topic