Printer-friendly copy Email this topic to a friend
Lobby Okay Activist Archives topic #22136

Subject: "Female Child Molesters: predators or mentally ill?" This topic is locked.
Previous topic | Next topic
Shellypooh

Tue Aug-15-00 03:43 AM

"Female Child Molesters: predators or mentally ill?"

I've just read in the newspaper today about the arrest of a 37 year old woman having sex with a 12 year old boy. This woman was a school teacher and had this child out in the park at 3 am in the morning. This situation reminds me of the school teacher in Washington (?) a few years back. Her defense was she was mentally ill, she thought she was in love. She even made that child a father at a young age.

My question : How come women aren't viewed as predators , like a man would be in this situation?
Why the double standard ?

Top Ten Songs to Make Love To

10.Moments in Love- art of Noise

9.Anytime- Janet Jackson

8.Insatiable - Prince

7. Cruisin - D'Angelo

6.Inside my Love - Minnie Riperton

5.Funny How Times Fly - Janet Jackson

4.Red Light Special- TLC

3. Turn Out the Lights- Teddy Pendergrast

2.Do Me Baby - Prince

1.Making Love in the Rain - Herb Alpert

Printer-friendly copy | Top

Topic Outline
Subject Author Message Date ID
RE: Female Child Molesters: predators or mentally ill?
Aug 15th 2000
RE: Female Child Molesters: predators or mentally ill?
Aug 15th 2000
agreed, and...
Aug 16th 2000
Women should take as much heat.....
Dulce478
Aug 15th 2000
women ARE predators...
Aug 26th 2000
have to agree with you on that one
Aug 28th 2000

janey
Charter member
123124 posts
Tue Aug-15-00 05:13 AM

Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profileClick to add this author to your buddy list
1. "RE: Female Child Molesters: predators or mentally ill?"
In response to Reply # 0

I think that in most cases, they are viewed as predators.

In California, any therapist who becomes aware that his or her client who is a minor is having sexual relations with someone who is older than the client (and I think, but I don't have exact details, that there's a number of years specified so as to create a bright line presumption that the older person wields significant power -- so like "ten years older" or "fifteen years older" or something), has a legal obligation to report the situation to the police.

An acquaintance (friend of a friend) a few years ago was wrestling with this question: She was a therapist, her client was a 16-year-old girl who was living with her lesbian lover who was 28 or 29. The client, the 16-year-old, had come from an incredibly abusive family relationship, and the woman who was her lover was not only giving her emotional support, but was also physically supporting her (shelter, food, clothing) while she finished high school.

The therapist was obligated by law to report the situation. If she did not, she risked having her license revoked by the state. Yet if she were to do so, her client would be returned to her parents, who were clearly not operating in the girl's best interests.

That's the problem with bright line tests.

Peace.

~ ~ ~
All meetings end in separation
All acquisition ends in dispersion
All life ends in death
- The Buddha

|\_/|
='_'=

Every hundred years, all new people

Ursus
Charter member
800 posts
Tue Aug-15-00 08:26 PM

Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profileClick to add this author to your buddy list
2. "RE: Female Child Molesters: predators or mentally ill?"
In response to Reply # 0

Even though sixteen is still way too young to be having relations with a 28 year-old, I do not deem it on the same level as this 12 yearold and this teacher. The teacher is a predator, carve it out anyway you want. The lady was in her thirties(thought I heard that) and this kid was 12!

It think men may get harsher treatment in these cases because it seems as if society always view them as the aggresor. I don't hear/see as many reports about women molesting children as I do about men doing it. Therefore I think that "special circumstances" are taken into to consideration more when it is a women who do the molesting. But shit, in my book.....any adult who is having sexual relations with a twleve year-old kid is a predator.

"Time is just memory mixed with desire" - Tom Waits

"Silence is the loudest parting word..you never say" -Ben Harper

azucar18
Charter member
1681 posts
Wed Aug-16-00 03:17 AM

Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profileClick to add this author to your buddy list
4. "agreed, and..."
In response to Reply # 2

>It think men may get harsher
>treatment in these cases because
>it seems as if society
>always view them as the
>aggresor. I don't hear/see as
>many reports about women molesting
>children as I do about
>men doing it.

you got it right there. and in these cases of women molesting teenage boys, there's the perception that the boy may desire the relationship or that he might have initiated the relationship. there's the perception that "real men" always want to have sex (with women), and that there's something wrong with a man that would turn down a woman's sexual advances. in these cases there's no sense that the boy might have been pressured into the relationship or that he feels violated. i hope that these boys receive counseling and that the women are dealt with accordingly.

* * * advice of the month: stop feeding the trolls. * * *

MSN IM name: azucar18

http://community.webtv.net/azucar18/yetanotherwasteof - often imitated, never duplicated or updated.

i am jesus's little sunbeam.

Dulce478

Tue Aug-15-00 08:36 PM

3. "Women should take as much heat....."
In response to Reply # 0

....as men do. The teacher should be seen as a predator and a danger to young children. As Ursus said, an adult that is having sexual relations with a minor should be seen as a predator. Women can be just as agressive as men. There are women that beat their husbands. Every case of molestation should be handled in the same way and told to the public so that they can avoid women, as well as men, who prey on children.

asighn4jane
Member since Jun 13th 2002
34 posts
Sat Aug-26-00 08:20 AM

Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profileClick to add this author to your buddy list
5. "women ARE predators..."
In response to Reply # 0

& she didn't molest that child...she RAPED him...she allowed his penis to penetrate her vagina...molestation has become such a catchall phrase for assaults upon our children's bodies...yes...men are often predatory in our society...women often {sufferin frum the same "problems"} place themselves in positions to be abused...there are times when they become the victimizers...that woman should face the exact same punishment as a man...a man who'd raped an adult woman

"because marvin died the day before his birth is why i hurry"...jessica care moore

"If you can read this, thank a teacher" BUMPERSTICKER

serena_love
Charter member
3404 posts
Mon Aug-28-00 09:54 PM

Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profileClick to add this author to your buddy listClick to send message via AOL IM
6. "have to agree with you on that one"
In response to Reply # 5

He is 12 years old.....and she is 38 that is just sick. The boy was definitely raped. You do not know whats goin on when you are 12 and she was a grown woman. She had to have seen that and used that against him like the sexual predator that she is.

-Serena

Jill is in my head I tell you! aight here's proof....

"Slowly, Surely, I walk away from self serving, undeserving, constantly hurting me love"(c) Slowly, Surely-Jilly

"Love slipped from my lips, dripped down my chin and landed in his lap, and us became new. Me not clairvoyant and in love made me the fool."(c)Serena...I mean Jill-Love Rain

Now you know i gotta endorse ghost weed cause it's gangsta!

"How many niggas who have actually killed still rhymin?/How many niggas who are actually signed still killin?/and when it comes to killin a mic they ain't willin/and i'm supposed to be shook?/that's the shit that kills me/take the bullet for x in the ballroom and then vanish/extinguish the sun when i drew/play pool with the planets/treskadeckaphobia lyrics outlandish/my shits straight from the soul goddamnit!/its the one time only/venacular original/spectacular miraculous flow/computer digital/i ridicule the pitiful/piss upon the miniscule/pharoahe monch/betta park that ass like municiple!" Pharoahe Monch in
GHOST WWWWWWWEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEDDDDDDDDD

and always remember that serenalovesu...well on aim at least!

Lobby Okay Activist Archives topic #22136 Previous topic | Next topic