Printer-friendly copy Email this topic to a friend
Lobby Okay Activist Archives topic #20635

Subject: "Are we enslaving oursleves?????" This topic is locked.
Previous topic | Next topic
Royal

Wed Oct-18-00 10:06 AM

"Are we enslaving oursleves?????"

This is something that we all can learn from.

I'm sure some of you guys have heard of Willie Lynch and his infamous letter, well this is a sort of revised version of it, that applies to us as a people now. Some have said that this was written by Willie Lynch's son however I have found no proof to corroborate that statement. In any case, I don't really care who wrote it because it speaks truths of the situations that many black people are living today. It gives me pause by showing how a well executed plan from over 300 years ago how been able to continually keep us divided as a people.

Lynch was a British Slave Owner in the West Indies.He was invited to the colony of Virginia in 1712 to teach his methods to slave owners there. The term "lynching" is derived from his last name and after reading this you will see that remnants of Willie's methods are still in use today.

How to Make an Economic or Ghetto Slave: A Lesson for the New Millennium

Building on my great-grandfather's work, we can see how we can continue to reap profits from the Blacks without the effort of
physical slavery. We will focus on the current methods of containment that they use on themselves:
1. Ignorance
2. Greed
3. Selfishness
The ignorance of blacks is the primary weapon of containment. A great man once said, "the best way to hide something from a black is toputit in a book". This statement is so true. We currently live in an information age. Blacks have gained the opportunity to read any book on any subject through the efforts of their right for freedom and integration yet; they refuse to read. There are numerous books readily available at Borders, Barnes & Noble and Amazon.com that would help them reach economic equality (what should have been their fight all along), however, very few of them read consistently if at all. As long as we continue to publish books for our benefit and keep books,
computers and the Internet out their hands we will never see the masses of them rise above the slums and projects. My great-great-grandfather said, "For example, you take the slave, if you
teach him all about your language, he will know all your secrets, and he is then no more a slave, for you can't fool him any longer and having a fool is one of the basic ingredients of and incidents to the making of the slavery system. "The masses of them are fools because they don't read. They will never figure out that we have all the information a person needs to succeed in America in the books, magazines and newspapers we read
all the time.

Greed is another powerful weapon of containment. Blacks
since the abolishment of slavery have had large amounts of money at their disposal. Last year they spent 9 billion dollars during Christmas and represent about 450 billion dollars in purchasing power. That will easily allow any of us to use them as our target market for any business venture. Being a primarily consumer peoplethey function totally by greed. They continually want more without any regard for saving or investing. They would rather buy some new sneaker than invest in starting a business
or community development organization. Some will even neglect their children to have the latest Tommy or FUBU. They still think that having a Mercedes and big house in the middle of the ghetto gives them "status" or that they have achieved the American dream. They are fools. The vast majority of their people are still in poverty. Living in slums,projects and run-down homes. What have they achieved? Their greed holds them back from making better communities for themselves. With the help of B.E.T. and the rest of their blackmedia,we will continue to see
huge profits like those of Tommy and Nike. They will continue to congregate in their "buppie" communities and slums trying to show off to each other while we build solid communities with the
profits from our businesses.

Some would argue that this last method is the most powerful one of the three. Selfishness, ingrained in their minds through
slavery,is one of the major ways we can contain them in a slave status. We all know that any group united under one vision can accomplish anything. The Bible shows that even God acknowledged in the Tower of Babel story that apeople united can accomplish anything. With this said, we understand that the most effective way to keep them contained is to create divisions among blacks as a people. One of their own, Dubois said that there was aninnate division in their culture. A "Talented Tenth" he called it. He was correct in his deduction that there are segments of their culture that has achieved some "form' of success, however, that segment missed the fullness of his work, (they don't
read) that "Talented Tenth was then responsible to aid the Non-Talented Ninety Percent in achieving a better life. Instead, that segment has created another class, a buppie class that looks
down on their people or aids them in a condescending manner through various community and fraternal organizations.The selfishness of the buppie class and the "it's all about me" attitude that is prevalent throughout their people has caused them to isolate both classes and caused them as a whole to achieve nothing great for themselves in the form of solid communities, business or economic empowerment. They will never achieve what we have. Their selfishness does not allow
them to be able work together on any project or endeavor of substance or when they do get together their selfishness
and egos get in the way of the goal. Their so-called help organizations, with large budgets and some existing for almost a hundred or more years, seem to only want to promote their name without making any real change to the communities in which they live. They are content to sit in conferences and conventions and talk about what
they will do and award the best speakers a plaque. Is there no end to their selfishness? I doubt it. They lack essential information for combating selfishness and that is that Together Each Achieves More (TEAM). They do not understand that they are no better than each other because of what they own. Most of those buppies are one or two paychecks away from poverty. All of which is under the control of our pensin our offices and
boardrooms. Yes, we will continue to contain them aslong as we keep them from reading, let them buy anything they want and keep them thinking that they are really "helping" their communities by paying dues to some organization. By the way, don't worry about any of them reading this letter, remember,
they don't read.

If you want to read Willie Lynch original letter along with some of his writings from "Let's Make A Slave" follow this link: http://www.blackmind.com/MVSG/willie.htm

-"is a nigga your complexion or is all in your mind..." Common

~Royalty

Printer-friendly copy | Top

Topic Outline
Subject Author Message Date ID
it's much easier...
Oct 19th 2000
Mind detect Mind BooDaah
Qnbei
Oct 19th 2000
it's called credit
Oct 19th 2000
RE: it's called credit
Royal
Oct 19th 2000
      Ignorance
Oct 20th 2000
RE: Are we enslaving oursleves?????
Oct 20th 2000
Royal
Oct 20th 2000
      Do we ALL really know...
Oct 21st 2000
Qnbei
Oct 20th 2000
Word is bond, Q
Oct 21st 2000

BooDaah
Charter member
32690 posts
Thu Oct-19-00 09:18 AM

Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profileClick to add this author to your buddy list
1. "it's much easier..."
In response to Reply # 0

to push than to repost...seeee?

on topic...good post.

------QUOTE STARTS HERE------
BooDaah-OkayActivist Moderator
(see Candy1's sig about what that means)
** PLEASE READ THE POSTING GUIDELINES:
http://www.okayplayer.com/guidelines.html
----------------------------- some money? "-Jada

Qnbei

Thu Oct-19-00 09:51 AM

2. "Mind detect Mind BooDaah"
In response to Reply # 1

My fingers were ready to type up my thoughts when the post was down low (I'm tempted), but I'm pressed for time. I'll be back soon with my opinion on this topic. I got some issues with this.....

~ Peace ~

Q

"like if u were a match i wd light u into something beautiful." ~ D.L. ~

I been scarred and battered.
My hopes the wind done scattered.
Snow has friz me,
Sun has baked me,
Looks like between'em they done
Tried to make me
Stop laughin', stop lovin', stop livin' -
But I don't care!
I'm still here!
~ L.H. ~

NaturalBlack93@yahoo.com

k_orr
Charter member
80197 posts
Thu Oct-19-00 11:29 AM

Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profileClick to add this author to your buddy listClick to send message via AOL IM
3. "it's called credit"
In response to Reply # 0

you buy stuff you don't need, and then have to work for other man to pay for it.

k. orr

http://breddanansi.tumblr.com/

Royal

Thu Oct-19-00 04:54 PM

4. "RE: it's called credit"
In response to Reply # 3

huh??? Could u elaborate a bit?

DPfan4life
Charter member
179 posts
Fri Oct-20-00 08:52 AM

Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profileClick to add this author to your buddy list
5. "Ignorance"
In response to Reply # 4

im feelen this post, even though its obvious that a black person wrote the willie lynch grandson or whatnot, still a good post

"...we wouldnt never make alot i mean not like scarface or nino brown or george bush, no matter what u push"-dead prez/sellen D.O.P.E.

"..these tools for survival make fools out of rivals/phuck the bible get on your knees and praise my rifle"-dead prez

Nettrice
Charter member
61747 posts
Fri Oct-20-00 09:13 AM

Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profileClick to add this author to your buddy list
6. "RE: Are we enslaving oursleves?????"
In response to Reply # 0

I believe that the African in America has been living what sociologists call "self-fulfilling prophecy". We have been brainwashed to believe that we are inferior and the white man or master is superior. Media has not changed this view, nor has education. Media and education often support and maintain this view. With I seek to understand and teach others that this is an illusion. Are black people any more greedy than whites, asians or latinos? Are blacks any more uneducated than poor whites? No. But we believe we are so we become the illusion.

Europeans and early Americans set the stage for race relations in this country and the world and black people are still trying to define themselves in the shadow of slavery and supremacy. The personal freedom many of us seek is the same for any person but we have to remove the illusion that we are slaves.

"No matter who you are or what your age may be, if you want to achieve permanent, sustaining success, the motivation that will drive you toward that goal must come from within." - Ultramagnetic MCs

<--- Blame this lady for Nutty.

Royal

Fri Oct-20-00 09:16 PM

8. "RE: Are we enslaving oursleves?????"
In response to Reply # 6

>I believe that the African in
>America has been living what
>sociologists call "self-fulfilling prophecy".
>We have been brainwashed to
>believe that we are inferior
>and the white man or
>master is superior.

Have we really been brainwashed...I mean, I think we all know that we are not really inferior. Yes, there is always that little buzzer that goes off in the back of our minds but in reality we know that the white man isn't our superior. I think it's a state of stagnation that we black people are in. Everyone's just going along with the flow and no one is really taking that extra step to understand why we do the things we do or even why things are the way they are. In accordance with Willie Lynch's "how to make a slave", we as black people have been "broken" and we perpetually break our children and the vicious cycle never ends. I think it's time that we figure out how to become "un-broken" and run wild with the majesty that is within us.

Peace
~Royalty

"Love, slipped from my lips...dripped down my chin....and landed in his lap.....damn"-Jill Scott

Nettrice
Charter member
61747 posts
Sat Oct-21-00 06:50 PM

9. "Do we ALL really know..."
In response to Reply # 8

...that we are equal and not inferior? I don't think so. I spent the first 17 years of my life rewiring my brain to reject the idea that whites were better than me, my family and peers. In my young world, elders used to discipline us to fit into the system, not rebel against the system. Do Black families enduring generations upon generations of poverty, alcoholism, or abuse teach the children to feel equal? Not entirely.

Many Black people were trained to be slaves and their descendants had to deal with the legacy over and over. Changing this course is both an individual and group responsibility. As a group we are far from transcending the legacy.

"No matter who you are or what your age may be, if you want to achieve permanent, sustaining success, the motivation that will drive you toward that goal must come from within." - Ultramagnetic MCs

<--- Blame this lady for Nutty.

Qnbei

Fri Oct-20-00 05:24 PM

7. "RE: Are we enslaving oursleves?????"
In response to Reply # 0

Peace,

Okay, I shall start with this. Black Slavery is still physically and mentally in full effect, in Africa, Asia, and many other places around the world. Women are being used as concubines, Men and young Boys are being used as laborers, the whole nine. Much of slavery nowadays stem from economic control. I don’t feel that Original (* Black, Latino, Mulatto, Native Indian, Asian) people are ‘Ignorant, Greedy, nor Selfish’ as a whole, that is a bunch of Bullshit. I dispute that ‘put it in a book’ comment too. To me, the best way to hide something from an Original (* see above relation) person, is to put it deep within himself; make him switch focus, to where as he is not in a condition to discuss his culture with pride and pass it down from child to grandchild. Black people read yo, for real, look around you. It’s not that many refuse to read, it’s the lack of interest that is there to read about the history of themselves, they are living in the present, the here and now (I’ll be there in 5 minutes). We’ve been reading since day one, not only literature, but constellations, human behavior, planet alignment, mathematical equations, etc. Economic Equality does not come from a book. Many of our ancestors didn’t know how to read (A-B-C), but nevertheless they were taking care of families and households, “Masters and Mistresses.” “Slums and Projects” in this record is so stereotypical that it’s sickening. You can teach a monkey all about the human language, however, he will not be able to UNDERSTAND it, unless he is equip with demonstration on how to use it. Foolishness doesn’t offer a key to slavery, I’ll be damn, (who wrote this shit). I won’t even comment on that one.

This is clearly not a representation of Black people around the globe. I personally know many Black people who are investing, diving into entrepreneurialship, making things happen. Sneakers
over Investment is not a good equation. I could go all day in my commentary, however, this here ‘arrangement’ has not been taken through a system of completion. It seems like someone decided
to take the worst part of a people, and inflate the characters and choices of people who are clearly the “products of the environment.” Calling them “Fools.” The ill words of “Slums, Projects, and Run Down homes,” is notably stereotypical of my people, it’s a bunch of shit. I don’t appreciate it.

How did selfishness grow from slavery? Is it a contradicting word? By people wanting to be FREE. Shit, women were reduced to killing their children for fear of extreme abuse by the “whites.” MFs' were leaving their women and children because their backs reflected deep lashes and open sores. Women were standing on auction blocks in chains, willingly selling their physical to the Antebellum Southerners, for hopes of not being a field niggah. WTF??? Selfishness is being confused with Selflessness (no love of who you are, for what you have).

If the point of this is to bring about awareness of separation /unity, this sure won’t aid it. I have to say that I grew up in the “slums,” and I identify with the things being faced in this type of environment. No matter how much I read or invest, there are some things that I am still a slave to; ‘Stress had in one of her posts, something to the effect of, you imprison yourself when you care what others think of you, instead of what you think of yourself. That’s a form of mental slavery (I carried that for a long time), the list can go on.

~ Peace ~

Q

"like if u were a match i wd light u into something beautiful." ~ D.L. ~

I been scarred and battered.
My hopes the wind done scattered.
Snow has friz me,
Sun has baked me,
Looks like between'em they done
Tried to make me
Stop laughin', stop lovin', stop livin' -
But I don't care!
I'm still here!
~ L.H. ~

NaturalBlack93@yahoo.com

incogx
Charter member
517 posts
Sat Oct-21-00 06:55 PM

Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profileClick to add this author to your buddy list
10. "Word is bond, Q"
In response to Reply # 7

"To me, the best way to hide something from an Original (* see above relation) person, is to put it deep within himself; make him switch focus, to where as he is not in a condition to discuss his culture with pride and pass it down from child to grandchild."

You made some very good points in your reply. I'll be back when I have more time to reply to the original post.

peace,
Cog

If anywon wan reach de badmon --> e me
at (smoovecog@aol.com)

New Black Thoght Jawn (Off the Bangers!)

http://www.tha-real.com/audio_ram/workroots.ram

Quotes------

“these cats drink champagne to toast death and pain/ like slaves on a ship talkin 'bout who got the flyest chain” ...Talib kweli

“C Delores run... run run run Delores/ C
Delores look pitiful... pitiful pitiful pitiful Delores/ C Delores testify... Tupac did it Tupac did it Tupac did it/ C Republicans give her the Clarence Thomas Award... take it take it take it/ C Delores see Tupac's death... wash your hands wash your hands wash your hands/ C Delores smile... never again never again never again/ C Delores Tucker... f*ck her f*ck her f*ck her ...Nikki Giovanni

“for u to grow he had to go so what u stoppin' him for/ not even i can ignore being alone... it's hard/ find heaven in yourself and God” ...Common

“God works in mysterious ways so when he start/ the job of speakin thru us we be so sincere with this here/ no drugs or alcohol so i can get the signal clear/ as day.. put my glock away/ i got a stronger weapon that never runs out of ammunition so i'm ready for war.. okay” ...Andre (Kast)

“you said he reached sir/ but he didn't have no piece sir/ and now he rest in peace sir/ in the belly of the beast sir” ...Wyclef Jean

“no not nigga, thUNDERbiTCh, (yes i can say that, b/c thats wtf i am, and wtf ull be callin me after petty ppl read this response~)”
...the honerable Rudie
Virgo making a polite correction & layin the smack down

“african princess, tell me your intrests/ wait let me guess, boo u probably like poetry/ well here’s a lil’ something that i jotted down in case i spotted you around/ so let me take this opportunity/ would u share a moment with me over herbal tea?” ...M1

“I don’t playa hate/ i just stay awake”
...Stic man

http://www.marcuskwame.com

http://www.myspace.com/inkogmrgone

http://www.myspace.com/marcus_kwame77

Lobby Okay Activist Archives topic #20635 Previous topic | Next topic