Printer-friendly copy Email this topic to a friend
Lobby Okay Activist Archives topic #20572

Subject: "is farahkhan racist?" This topic is locked.
Previous topic | Next topic
GirlChild
Charter member
56000 posts
Fri Oct-20-00 03:35 AM

Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profileClick to add this author to your buddy list
"is farahkhan racist?"

co-worker of mine got into debate with me about this. I personaly thnk he is racist. I agree with some of the things that he says, and i support some of his causes, but i think some of the statements that he makes are racist.

what do you think?

The REd MeNAce hAs SPoKeN!!!

Printer-friendly copy | Top

Topic Outline
Subject Author Message Date ID
my thoughts
Oct 20th 2000
yeah but..
Oct 20th 2000
      i honestly believe
Oct 20th 2000
      RE: yeah but..
Oct 20th 2000
      Jews arent a race
KoalaLove
Oct 23rd 2000
           RE: Jews arent a race
Oct 24th 2000
is girlchild's hair red?
Oct 20th 2000
I agree
Oct 22nd 2000
nope it's black hoe...
Oct 22nd 2000
      Its more than hating
KoalaLove
Oct 23rd 2000
           hey koala! n/m
Oct 23rd 2000
           hello der
KoalaLove
Oct 23rd 2000
           erk
Oct 24th 2000
                You got me doin it baby!
KoalaLove
Oct 24th 2000
                     you missed one
Oct 24th 2000
                          Oops
KoalaLove
Oct 24th 2000
                               Good deal
Oct 24th 2000
RE: is farahkhan racist?
Oct 20th 2000
prejudice, MAYBE, not racist n/m
RudeGirl/Virgo
Oct 22nd 2000
RE: prejudice, MAYBE, not racist n/m
Oct 22nd 2000
Fletch
Oct 24th 2000
Shellypooh
Oct 24th 2000

JustLisa
Charter member
50995 posts
Fri Oct-20-00 03:58 AM

Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profileClick to add this author to your buddy list
1. "my thoughts"
In response to Reply # 0

Hi GirlChild:

I think we all are to a certain extent ~ some just more than others. One of Farakkhan's sentiments, however, is that pro-black doesn't mean anti-white.

I attended the MMF in D.C. on Monday and he seemed to dispel a lot of the rhetoric that has become synonymous with his name. He called for love of ALL religions, races and tolerance - even went so far as to call himself a Christian, Muslim, Nationalist, etc., all these things wrapped into one.

I wasn't really grasping the concept of what he was preaching because, to me, he didn't break it down sufficiently enough. If I had been one of his followers I'd have been like what in the name of Allah is he talking about? Maybe he's seen the light, who knows? I just know, from my past observation of him, that you've got to glean out the stuff you can use and discard the rest.

Small minds discuss people.
Average minds discuss events.
Great minds discuss ideas.

"People are like stained glass windows. They sparkle and shine when the sun is out. But once the darkness sets in, their true beauty is revealed only if there's a light coming from within." ~ Elizabeth Kubler-Ross

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Life shrinks or expands in proportion to one's courage ~ ANAIS NIN

GirlChild
Charter member
56000 posts
Fri Oct-20-00 05:10 AM

Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profileClick to add this author to your buddy list
2. "yeah but.."
In response to Reply # 1

what about his statements about jews?

JustLisa
Charter member
50995 posts
Fri Oct-20-00 05:44 AM

Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profileClick to add this author to your buddy list
4. "i honestly believe"
In response to Reply # 2

that he has become enlightened and realizes the errors of his ways. he doesn't talk about those things anymore.

Small minds discuss people.
Average minds discuss events.
Great minds discuss ideas.

"People are like stained glass windows. They sparkle and shine when the sun is out. But once the darkness sets in, their true beauty is revealed only if there's a light coming from within." ~ Elizabeth Kubler-Ross

PEOPLE ~ take some time to FEED YOUR SPIRIT, your SOUL will be all the BETTER for it!!!

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Life shrinks or expands in proportion to one's courage ~ ANAIS NIN

DeeX
Charter member
144 posts
Fri Oct-20-00 02:22 PM

5. "RE: yeah but.."
In response to Reply # 2

What "statements about jew" most of what the press reported was taken out of context or distorted.

"Don't tell me that you understand until you hear the man" -Chuck D

KoalaLove

Mon Oct-23-00 02:27 AM

11. "Jews arent a race"
In response to Reply # 2

They are an ethnicity- dont get me started

Negmarron
Member since Feb 03rd 2004
4 posts
Tue Oct-24-00 07:20 AM

Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profileClick to add this author to your buddy listClick to send message via AOL IM
15. "RE: Jews arent a race"
In response to Reply # 11

jews are followers of a religion, just like christians

Drop a Gem on Em

Lets talk with guns, convo till the police come, give you a red shirt with a wet hat to match -Prodigy

hoes are like vampires, they gotta be out by sunrise

My unorthodox style of attack is like Hannibal, rollin on elephants' backs - The Inspectah Deck

IF YOUR SIX-PACK STICKS OUT FARTHER THAN YOUR CHEST..YOU ARE SKINNY!! - Okayplayer Black_Engineer

The OkayAyisyen
Crazy Haitian on AIM
email the world's #1 haitian at negmarron@hotmail.com

J'ai le sang de mille guerriers Haitiens dans mes veins.

Beware the leader who bangs the drums of war in order to whip the citizenry into a patriotic fervor, for patriotism is indeed a double- edged sword. It both emboldens the blood, just as it narrow

nebt_het
Charter member
4614 posts
Fri Oct-20-00 05:37 AM

Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profileClick to add this author to your buddy listClick to send message via AOL IM
3. "is girlchild's hair red?"
In response to Reply # 0

farakhan is an equal oppurtunity H8R!
and you know what i have not a problem with dat.
see we get mad at him cuz he said summin about wite folks and jews but them same white folks and jews is talkin shit bout us darkies so i mean hell who you gonna get mad at?
i think farakhans health issues have lead him down a different path and the seperatism that exist with in religion is whack especially amongst black folk we got so much seperation (complextion issues, economics, religion, materialism ect)
that some who practice one thing will dis associate with blacks who are of another practice so istead of fighting the same battle we battle with a battle and its all out war!

Factology -vs- theology
http://www.factology.com

"Why grieve because all of your dreams have not come true? Neither have all your nightmares."

Dove
Charter member
32915 posts
Sun Oct-22-00 09:34 AM

7. "I agree"
In response to Reply # 3

we're so quick to criticize Farrakhan for his statements - but white politicians and ministers have been doing it for centuries with little or no intervention.
Yes, Farrakhan has changed his stance a few times during the course of his position as leader of the NOI, but he is a human who is learning and growing too.
I think Nebbie is 100% correct in stating that his health issues may have something to do with his seeing a different side to things. He's one of the only modern day leaders with the fortitude AND the influence to put together such events as the Million people marches.
Minister Farrakhan's does a greater good by teaching people how to live and learn independently and I can't fault him for that.
Dove
~Sheepish Lordess of Chaos~

http://UrbLife.com
http://twitter.com/FlyLikeDove
http://instagram.com/FlyLikeDove
http://Facebook.com/FlyLikeDove
http://flylikedove.contently.com

GirlChild
Charter member
56000 posts
Sun Oct-22-00 05:13 PM

10. "nope it's black hoe..."
In response to Reply # 3

>farakhan is an equal oppurtunity H8R!
and you know what i have not a problem with dat.
see we get mad at him cuz he said summin about wite folks and jews but them same white folks and jews is talkin shit bout us darkies so i mean hell who you gonna get mad at?<

don't get it all twizzy sista...i'm an equal oppertunity h8r. i hates on all peoples...black, white, pink, purple, handicaped, gay, str8....you name em, i'lll hate on them, even rusty nail eating mut whoremongers such as yourself.

i totally agree with you, but at the same time hating on crackas and devils aint gonna make shit betta. i mean there has to be a betta way. dontcha tink star?

KoalaLove

Mon Oct-23-00 02:29 AM

12. "Its more than hating"
In response to Reply # 10

"i totally agree with you, but at the same time hating on crackas and devils aint gonna make shit betta. i mean there has to be a betta way. dontcha tink star?"

Farrakhan doesnt just hate on them- he admits and representes the crimes that they are guilty of. When he speaks of jewish involvement in the slave trade that is a specific argument for retribution, reparation, or at least reciprocity.

It silly to claim that someone can be racist for holding people responsible for the crimes of their community.

If I say I hate drug dealing niggas- am I a racist?

K

nebt_het
Charter member
4614 posts
Mon Oct-23-00 06:25 AM

13. "hey koala! n/m"
In response to Reply # 12

Factology -vs- theology
http://www.factology.com

"Why grieve because all of your dreams have not come true? Neither have all your nightmares."

KoalaLove

Mon Oct-23-00 06:30 AM

14. "hello der"
In response to Reply # 13

Yo I illustrate and design • for dose doin crimes • totin heat and in the streets like yellow lines • And Im here ta represent for em • So bow down to dem cats dat swing DOWNTOWN

janey
Charter member
123124 posts
Tue Oct-24-00 07:48 AM

16. "erk"
In response to Reply # 12

>It silly to claim that someone
>can be racist for holding
>people responsible for the crimes
>of their community.
>
>If I say I hate drug
>dealing niggas- am I a
>racist?

I want to draw a clear distinction between the point you make and the example that you give, because they are inapt.

First, I think that most people of any race or ethnicity would be offended by being held responsible for the actions that were taken or are taken by some of the members of their race or ethnicity. I've found that most people prefer to be viewed as individuals.

Second, your example clearly identifies a sub-group and does NOT hold an entire race responsible for the actions of those that deal drugs. So, no, that's not a racist comment (although there is a different discussion that could be entered into about the use of the "n" word, which could by itself be deemed to be racist, but that is a discussion that is pretty much of a constant on these boards so I'm going to ignore that part of your statement for now).

For your statement to be a racist comment, you would have had to have said something along the lines of "I hate all Black people because they are responsible for drug dealing."

And when a member of the oppressor race says something like that, we get all exercised and say "Judge each individual as an individual! Don't generalize!" etc.

Fair is fair, huh?

Peace.

~ ~ ~
All meetings end in separation
All acquisition ends in dispersion
All life ends in death
- The Buddha

|\_/|
='_'=

Every hundred years, all new people

KoalaLove

Tue Oct-24-00 09:04 AM

17. "You got me doin it baby!"
In response to Reply # 16

"First, I think that most people of any race or ethnicity would be offended by being held responsible for the actions that were taken or are taken by some of the members of their race or ethnicity. I've found that most people prefer to be viewed as individuals."

Whether they are offended or not- if your community took part in a major crime you cant call somebody racist when they call you on it- farrakhan continues to deride Jewish - american people (and not all Jewish people) because those responsible and those who benefitted from teh slave trade and other invasions of integrity still refuse to admit to their crimes- instead they call him a hate monger and this society continues shuffling along its way.

To listen to farrakhan entirely you would find a very clear demonstration of his intended target its not anyone who calls themselves a follower of Jewish faith its those who insist that they be called Jews (and subsequently deny that term be adopted by followers of the same religion).

Does farrakhan hate all jews? Certainly not- what about the Hebrews.

K

janey
Charter member
123124 posts
Tue Oct-24-00 10:45 AM

18. "you missed one"
In response to Reply # 17

What about my second point?

That's the heart of the issue anyway.

Peace.

~ ~ ~
All life ends in death
- The Buddha

|\_/|
='_'=

KoalaLove

Tue Oct-24-00 10:49 AM

19. "Oops"
In response to Reply # 18

I did mean the "n" word to be offensive in that manner that was my point.

Its an immediately derisive word but its not the subject of my statement- the statement targets drug dealeing niggaz not necessarily all niggaz. The point is Farrakhan isnt talking about all jews- he's talking about a particular sect of jews- slave trading jews and jews that invade the Black community and reap financial benefit- you just cant fit all that into a sound bite.

K

janey
Charter member
123124 posts
Tue Oct-24-00 11:33 AM

22. "Good deal"
In response to Reply # 19

I didn't get that part before. So what about non-Jews who participated in the slave trade, are they okay in his book? If not, why single out the Jews?

Peace.

~ ~ ~
All life ends in death
- The Buddha

|\_/|
='_'=

Edub
Charter member
100 posts
Fri Oct-20-00 03:12 PM

6. "RE: is farahkhan racist?"
In response to Reply # 0

I was just wondering, could you be more specific? What has Farrakhan said exactly that is racist? I'll admit he is not a very friendly person but this is not at all a friendly world. The bottom line is that the truth hurts!!! His intention are not to directly affend anyone. He simply speaks to his people about the truth and realities of the extremly cold world certain people have created. Farrakhan is obviously a man in change and his mind has opened up more recently. It seems as if he has a more worldly view now than in the past. He is not just for black advancement, he is for people advancement.

That if you confess with your mouth, "Jesus is Lord," and beleive in your heart that God raised him from the dead, you will be saved. -Romans 1

RudeGirl/Virgo

Sun Oct-22-00 10:05 AM

8. "prejudice, MAYBE, not racist n/m"
In response to Reply # 0

~~~Ocotber 15th was Incogx's Birthday! So Ima use all his quotes damn it!~~~

i speak for my loss
and the loss of those lost
so that they will never be lost
as long as i breathe
as long as i bleed what you read
- Marcus Kwame

This election is really sad, I already know I'ma vote Gore but I don't want to. I think he's full of shit, just not as much as Bush. - Marcus Kwame

Ima straight up anti-patriot. - Marcus Kwame

reality
Charter member
3835 posts
Sun Oct-22-00 04:26 PM

9. "RE: prejudice, MAYBE, not racist n/m"
In response to Reply # 8

I agree the minister has cooled out alot i think due to his health issues.But i think the minister is right most of the time he is always on time with his speeches.Now you cannot condemn a whole race and say they are evil there is good and bad in everything.But for the most part the minister tells the truth and people are scared of the truth.Now i hear about him being a racist but isn't Bush a racist but yet and still this idiot is in a dead heat for the white house.The minister i think has the answers to alot of our problems.That speech he made at the MFM last monday was on time as usual and he spread a good message we have to come together.

Fletch

Tue Oct-24-00 11:01 AM

20. "RE: is farahkhan racist?"
In response to Reply # 0

I could care less if farrakhan is a racist or not. His tone in regards to white peoples legacy may be strident at times but ultimately that may be more of a question of tone than substance.

What frightens me is his politics? Growth of capital, personal-accountability, self-sufficiency. . . . Sounds like a republican platform.

Fletch

Shellypooh

Tue Oct-24-00 11:02 AM

21. "RE: is farahkhan racist?"
In response to Reply # 0

^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^

Anti Semitic yes, racist probably not.

The nation of Islam catch a lot of heat from a few of it's ministers.

Witty as can be , but not for sale . RUN DMC

Money is the key to end all your woes/ your ups and downs , your highs and your lows / Won't you tell the last time that love bought your clothes / It's like that and that's the way it is. HUH!!! RUN DMC

Lobby Okay Activist Archives topic #20572 Previous topic | Next topic