Printer-friendly copy Email this topic to a friend
Lobby Okay Activist Archives topic #17403

Subject: "Apartheid South Africa and Israel" This topic is locked.
Previous topic | Next topic
AZ
Charter member
12930 posts
Mon Mar-12-01 08:03 PM

Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profileClick to add this author to your buddy list
"Apartheid South Africa and Israel"

Why is it that I hear so much from people denouncing the human rights abuses that going on around the world, including Tibet, East Timor, China, and Afghanistan, but I NEVER hear a word out of anyone's mouth, other than Muslims and Arabs, about the atrocities and human rights violations that are carried out every day by the Israelis towards the Palestinians! Israelis have shown themselves to be some of the most foul people on the face of the earth, yet they never get punished with sanctions or even bad media. In fact, they get rewarded, just recently receiving several trillion dollars in aid and WEAPONS from the US over the next few years. As just one example of how foul the Israeli people and its government are, I'm posting an article on how Israel helped APARTHEID South Africa in developing Nuclear arms. This is only touching the surface of Israel's dealings with Apartheid South Africa. On a side note, isn't it interesting that Nelson Mandela thanks Iran, Libya and Mohmar Khadafi, and Cuba, as the biggest international supporters of Black self determination in South Africa, and these same countries are supposed to be the US's biggest enemies? At the same time Israel is the US's best friend.

(for more on israel's relationship with Apartheid South Africa visit:
http://www.washington-report.org/backissues/032486/860324012.html
)

Here is the article:

Copyright © 1997 Nando.net http://www.nando.net/newsroom/ntn/world/042097/world3_9042.html
Copyright © 1997 The Associated Press

JERUSALEM (April 20, 1997 10:31 p.m. EDT) -- Israel helped South Africa develop nuclear weapons in the early 1980s, an Israeli daily reported Sunday. The daily Haaretz based its report on interviews with South African officials, including Deputy Foreign Minister Aziz Pahad and a former military chief of staff.

The Israeli Foreign Ministry had no comment on the report. Israel as a policy refuses to confirm foreign reports regarding its own nuclear capability, saying only that it will not be the first Mideast nation to introduce atomic weapons into the region.

Pahad, however, told the Haaretz that Israeli and South African scientists cooperated "on very specific equipment" designed for military use.

"The nuclear issue was top secret and many documents were destroyed," Pahad said.

Pahad could not be reached for comment. However, aides said that the deputy foreign minister has made similar statements in the past.

Haaretz also quoted retired Gen. Constand Viljoen, former South African chief of staff from 1980-1985, as saying, "We wanted to get nuclear knowledge from whoever we could, also from Israel."

Haaretz cited past reports as saying that Israel purchased 550 tons of uranium from South Africa for its nuclear plant in Dimona. In exchange, Israel supplied South Africa with nuclear know-how and material to increase the power of nuclear warheads, the newspaper said.

Former South African President F.W. de Klerk announced the existence of the country's nuclear program in 1993, a year before President Nelson Mandela came to power, ending white minority rule.

Two years later, South African officials said the apartheid regime built nuclear weapons so it could pressure the West into intervening if black-ruled neighbors threatened to attack.

Printer-friendly copy | Top

Topic Outline
Subject Author Message Date ID
Israelis are Europeans
Mar 12th 2001
RE: Israelis are Europeans
Mar 13th 2001
jahlife
Mar 13th 2001
Mar 13th 2001
Eli B
Mar 13th 2001
Eli B
Mar 13th 2001
Mar 13th 2001
Mar 13th 2001
Eli B
Mar 13th 2001
youse
Mar 13th 2001
Today's update on Israeli atrocities
Mar 14th 2001

Solarus
Charter member
3604 posts
Mon Mar-12-01 08:10 PM

Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profileClick to add this author to your buddy list
1. "Israelis are Europeans"
In response to Reply # 0

You don't talk against your own.

PEACE
Solarus

"the real pyramids were built with such precision that you can't slide a piece of paper between two 4,000 lb stones, and have shafts perfectly aligned so that you can see a tiny aperture through dozens of these mammoth blocks

AZ
Charter member
12930 posts
Tue Mar-13-01 09:03 AM

2. "RE: Israelis are Europeans"
In response to Reply # 1

I'm not just talking about white people. I'm talking about People of Color too.I remember when I went to the Millions for Mumia
march in Philly a couple years ago, speaker after speaker denounced the US airstrikes on Yugoslavia, but no one had the guts to even mention Palestine the entire time. And these were not white people.

>You don't talk against your own.
>
>
>PEACE
>Solarus

jahlife

Tue Mar-13-01 09:14 AM

3. "RE: Israelis are Europeans"
In response to Reply # 2

bun up racesism, i hate racism.

peace, and love

jahlife

AZ
Charter member
12930 posts
Tue Mar-13-01 08:13 PM

8. "RE: Israelis are Europeans"
In response to Reply # 3

Are you for real? It's hard to take you seriously because I can't ever tell if you're some fool joking around or if you're just really eccentric.

Eli B

Tue Mar-13-01 01:50 PM

5. "RE: Israelis are Europeans"
In response to Reply # 2

>I went to the Millions
>for Mumia
>march in Philly a couple years
>ago, speaker after speaker denounced
>the US airstrikes on Yugoslavia,
>but no one had the
>guts to even mention Palestine
>the entire time.

-Don't worry AZ, MOST people who support Mumia's freedom also support the Palestinian cause also, I think. Or at least they should, because we're all oppressed. I just wonder if the people that drive around with "Free Tibet" stickers support a Free Palestine.

-And your message that Israelis are the most foul people on earth has been common knowledge among Arabs and Palestinians for decades. I just wish more people would come to realize this.
Hey, if Israel, a racist, apartheid state didn't help Apartheid-Era South Africa, who would? Israel was just looking out for it's own kind.

-Former Congressman Ron Dellums from Oakland, CA, once tried to introduce legislation that would punish Israel for dealing with South Africa, but the American Zionist lobby is so powerful that it forced Dellums to withdraw the legislation and he openly admitted that it was zionist lobbyists such as the Am. Israel Political Action Committee (AIPAC) that forced him to withdraw the bill.

-I don't know why Iraq is the only one being targeted for weapons of mass destruction. Why not Israel, too?

-The US has to support Israel. The US is a racist, imperialist country just like its bastard child of a country, Israel. How's that for family values?

-If you ever need a petition to sign in support of the Palestinian people, go to http://www.PetitionOnline.com. If there's not at least one on the homepage, you'll definitely find a few on the international politics page.

Eli B

Tue Mar-13-01 01:53 PM

6. "RE: Israelis are Europeans"
In response to Reply # 5

Oh yeah, forgot to mention, big up to Congresspeople Maxine Waters and John Conyers, not just for looking out for the best interests of African-Americans in the US, but also for sticking up for the Palestinians on the intl. stage. Good lookin' out!

Solarus
Charter member
3604 posts
Tue Mar-13-01 06:32 PM

7. "RE: Israelis are Europeans"
In response to Reply # 2

>I'm not just talking about white
>people. I'm talking about People
>of Color too.

And?

How many times have we seen negroes defend Europeans?

Also it must be considered that very few know any history about land that Palestinians have lived on for centuries being taken by so-called Israelis shortly after WWII when European Jews needed a "homeland" because of centuries of persecution from their hostile European brothers. Very few realize that Israel simply represents a European presence in the Middle East to keep Muslims in check.

I laugh when I hear about "peace talks." Arafat may talk about peace but it will never happen...

You don't invade someone's home and say you are going to live their from now on and expect for the owner to be cool with you...

unless that the owner is a bootlicker.

PEace
Solarus

"Activism is the practice of using an internal, self-determining source of power to live one's life and/or enact some sort of change. Power is the ability to define reality, while self-determination is to decide or define one's self. Therefore activism, is not simply something done to right some wrong or to fight some cause but rather it is a way of life. Activism is the way of life where one can define self and change anything that may impede or control the reality that one chooses to live."-Solarus

"the real pyramids were built with such precision that you can't slide a piece of paper between two 4,000 lb stones, and have shafts perfectly aligned so that you can see a tiny aperture through dozens of these mammoth blocks

AZ
Charter member
12930 posts
Tue Mar-13-01 08:41 PM

9. "RE: Israelis are Europeans"
In response to Reply # 7

>I laugh when I hear about
>"peace talks." Arafat may talk
>about peace but it will
>never happen...

Of course it will never happen, because Palestinians know eventually they will win. This has been the case in modern history. The most powerful countries in world have not been able to defeat guerilla warfare. Not the US, USSR, France, and eventually israel. israelis realize this and that is why they are trying to sucker the Palestinians into some kind of "peace" deal. It's hard for me to criticize Arafat though, he's done so much for his people, even if he's softening up now. I remember seeing old video footage of him walking into the UN with his pistol on his side, refusing to take it off! That's the type of leader any group fighting for self determination needs, especially when you're fighting the powerful West.

Eli B

Tue Mar-13-01 10:05 PM

10. "RE: Israelis are Europeans"
In response to Reply # 9

I am 110% pro-Palestinian, and most, if not all the blame, for the current conflict belongs to Israel. However, I'm not sure about Arafat "doing so much for his people." Arafat is as corrupt as the rest of the leaders in the Middle East, including Israel. Most may not think of Israel as a corrupt govt., but would agree that most, if not all Arab govts. are corrupt, politically. But, Israel, however, is also corrupt, maybe not politically, but morally. As for Arafat, Israel NEEDS Arafat. If they wanted to, they would assassinate him with the blink of an eye. The reason they haven't done so is because they NEED his indecisive, contradictory self. One second he says the intifada will continue until Jerusalem is liberated, the next he's saying he's willing to talk to the Israeli Hitler, Ariel Sharon. Well, which is it? What the Palestinians need is a strong leader who will not sell them out, and who delivers freedom for his people. Arafat is trying to hold on for as long as he can because he wants to be remembered as the "Father of Palestinian Independence." During Sharon's war in Lebanon, Arafat and his henchman were shacked up in comfortable living quarters, eating great meals of lamb and all the fixins while Palestinians were being slaughtered by Sharon. Maybe, now, Arafat will come through, but until he does and immediately after, the Palestinians need better.

PS Israel already got bitch-slapped in a guerilla war in Southern Lebanon. Maybe the Palestinian guerilla war will be the bitch-slap on the other cheek.

Negmarron
Member since Feb 03rd 2004
4 posts
Tue Mar-13-01 10:09 AM

Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profileClick to add this author to your buddy listClick to send message via AOL IM
4. "youse"
In response to Reply # 0

mistaken boyo

there have been posts on here about what the isrealis are doing

i made one myslef theres been a few others. i just hope the isrealis knows that sharon is gonna be the brick fuck straw that broke the camels back

this cat want to legalize torture

nuff said

J'ai le sang de mille guerriers Haitiens dans mes veins.

Beware the leader who bangs the drums of war in order to whip the citizenry into a patriotic fervor, for patriotism is indeed a double- edged sword. It both emboldens the blood, just as it narrow

AZ
Charter member
12930 posts
Wed Mar-14-01 11:14 AM

11. "Today's update on Israeli atrocities"
In response to Reply # 0

Palestinian officials said an 19-year-old was shot in the back and killed by Israeli troops near Karni Crossing in Gaza. The death of 19-year-old Ahmed Banar, said by Palestinian police to have been an unprovoked shooting -- brought the death toll in nearly six months of violence to 383 Palestinians, according to the Palestine Red Crescent Society.

The International Red Cross said it had provided tents to nine Palestinian families in Gaza who it said had their homes destroyed by Israeli forces. "These people have been left without homes, so they are in bad need of assistance," said Dorothea Krimitsas of the Red Cross. "The aim is to assist them today; it is an emergency case."

Lobby Okay Activist Archives topic #17403 Previous topic | Next topic