Printer-friendly copy Email this topic to a friend
Lobby Okay Activist Archives topic #15684

Subject: "for all u body burners & gassers..." This topic is locked.
Previous topic | Next topic
morpheme
Charter member
94867 posts
Thu Apr-19-01 06:38 AM

Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profileClick to add this author to your buddy list
"for all u body burners & gassers..."

i like to refer to u all as skin poppers

{stick w/the story as there will be no provided links}

i am anti-death penalty for the majorin fact that there is a disparity of those who commit "certain" capital crimes who are sentenced to death & our judicial system does not go beyond the shadow of a doubt to ensure the guilt of said persons {namely DNA testin}...now in michigan...{by beloved is detroit...michigan so happens to be the pleasant peninsula about it}...two teenagers were bein held in jail for confessin to the murder of another teen in a pizza shop...the boys said their confession was "coerced" by the police...their mothers said "NOT GUILTY...NOT MY SON"...the prosecutor said "we're convinced we have the murders"

fast fwd

the mothers travel to VA to investigate two suspects bein held in an interstate crime spree...who also happen'd to have committed crimes in the area in michigan in question...the mothers proclaimed "THEY ARE THE KILLERS...OUR SONS ARE INNOCENT"...again...the prosecutor profess'd "we're confessed we have the murderers"

until the gunman frum old virginny confess'd to the crime w/details only the killer would know havin had passed {or failed dependin on ur side of the needle graphin} a polygraph test

now let's say those mamas didn't hop a flight...let's say michigan had the death penalty...let's say...

those were ur sons

there is so much in life for u to feel
unfound in white red or yellow pills
a mind's excursion can be such a thrill
u please satisfy
take a chance & ride
the bird of beauty of the sky
~wonder

everybody must get stoned~dylan

Printer-friendly copy | Top

Topic Outline
Subject Author Message Date ID
RE: for all u body burners & gassers...
Apr 19th 2001
my biggest problem with the death penalty is the hypocrisy of killing pe...
Apr 19th 2001
What about? . . .
Apr 20th 2001
Those ppl are full of shit.
LuvNHaight
Apr 20th 2001
how the crime is punished is secondary...
Apr 20th 2001
condoning death as revenge
Apr 20th 2001
      and yeah i know thats not the "specific" topic of this thread
Apr 20th 2001
sadly, politics...
Apr 23rd 2001

Sudani
Charter member
631 posts
Thu Apr-19-01 11:02 PM

Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profileClick to add this author to your buddy list
1. "RE: for all u body burners & gassers..."
In response to Reply # 0

The death penalty should not exist in such a crooked atmosphere. They do this stuff all of the time. Do you know how many cases have been reopened due to DNA? Do you know how many people are in line to be freed? The only problem is that there is just ONE place that can process these tests and they need more support. I don't even know when I saw this but I will tell you that MANY AFRICAN-AMERICAN MEN among others are due for thier freedom. This whole stinking system SUCKS. Encarcerating folk is BIG BUSINESS THO.

Free Mumia.
Peace

mcScoobySnack
Charter member
2759 posts
Thu Apr-19-01 11:58 PM

Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profileClick to add this author to your buddy list
2. "my biggest problem with the death penalty is the hypocrisy of killing pe..."
In response to Reply # 0

every time that they execute somebody, "they" are demonstrating that under certain conditions, murder is ok.

"practicing abstinence is easy...all you gotta do is be yourself"-my man jerry

the buspass pimp sextet is:
jaysawhn
justice
shortyWarfare
timmy hendrix
a cat named todd
and
my brother jahmal

o

Introvert
Charter member
151 posts
Fri Apr-20-01 07:21 AM

Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profileClick to add this author to your buddy listClick to send message via AOL IM
3. "What about? . . ."
In response to Reply # 0

Those who would say that the death penalty is a form a justice? That killing murderers and rapists is a deterrent for further crimes?

"Humor is indispensible; it is our most effective tool for insight and understanding as well as our most effective weapon against baseness and stupidity"--Regina Barreca

LuvNHaight

Fri Apr-20-01 08:26 AM

4. "Those ppl are full of shit."
In response to Reply # 3

Basically.

morpheme
Charter member
94867 posts
Fri Apr-20-01 11:03 AM

Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profileClick to add this author to your buddy list
5. "how the crime is punished is secondary..."
In response to Reply # 3

after establishin if the guilty are in fact GUIL-TEEE

sister sisters
i know u're watching me
there are alot of {games} reachin for u constantly
when u think u're grown
u enter the unknown
baby
check...yo'self
brace...yo'self
protect...yo'self
face...yo'self

~mayfield

mcScoobySnack
Charter member
2759 posts
Fri Apr-20-01 12:58 PM

6. "condoning death as revenge"
In response to Reply # 3

its more revenge than justice. people always talk about placating the family of the victims...giving them closure...that sends a mixed message. "sometimes killing is ok if you need closure or revenge...or to protect oil rights"

jaysawhn
justice
shortyWarfare
timmy hendrix
a cat named todd
and
my brother jahmal

o

mcScoobySnack
Charter member
2759 posts
Fri Apr-20-01 01:02 PM

7. "and yeah i know thats not the "specific" topic of this thread"
In response to Reply # 6

reasonable doubt is too wide when it comes to life and death. I dont believe in the death penalty at all, but if it HAS to be, then it should atleast only be administered in cases with NO doubt.

jaysawhn
justice
shortyWarfare
timmy hendrix
a cat named todd
and
my brother jahmal

o

LexM
Charter member
28342 posts
Mon Apr-23-01 07:10 AM

8. "sadly, politics..."
In response to Reply # 0

are often more important than lives in these cases.

and that's why we shouldn't have a death penalty.

prosecutors are too interested in keeping score for my taste.

L.

~~~SPITFIRE: 6/28/01~~~
carameldom@hotmail.com
http://groups.yahoo.com/group/Bmore-Okayplayers

"The entire world is being driven insane by this single phrase: "My religion alone is true." ...Who can make a system from Divine Mystery? But if any sincere practitioner, within whatever culture or religion, prays and meditates with great devotion & committment to Truth alone, Your Grace will flood his mind and heart..." ~~Ramakrishna

"Ignorance: The Verbal Airborne Disease" (c) my friend Ty

~~~~
http://omidele.blogspot.com/
http://rahareiki.tumblr.com/
http://seatofbliss.blogspot.com/

Lobby Okay Activist Archives topic #15684 Previous topic | Next topic