Printer-friendly copy Email this topic to a friend
Lobby Okay Activist Archives topic #13012

Subject: "buy a juicer" This topic is locked.
Previous topic | Next topic
utamaroho

Wed Jul-11-01 01:02 PM

"buy a juicer"

and use it! it's good for you!

now, how its related to activism? well Jay "the juiceman" Kordich is still ACTIVE at like 700 years of age so...

but for real, i care about yalls health and this is a good investment in it. stay strong.

*NATURAL LEMONADE*

5 organic delicious red apples
1/2 lemon
1 cup

sweetness of the apples blended with the yummy tartnes of the lemon (skin juiced and all) makes for a very happy activist. drink first thing in the morning for best taste.

Printer-friendly copy | Top

Topic Outline
Subject Author Message Date ID
I got a blender that I use instead
Jul 11th 2001
get a vitamix
Jul 11th 2001
RE: buy a juicer
Jul 11th 2001
i love when he says that
utamaroho
Jul 11th 2001
      my favorite...
Jul 11th 2001
Jul 11th 2001
Jul 11th 2001
Hey Uta
Jul 11th 2001
don't eat it...
utamaroho
Jul 12th 2001
youre ideal breakfast..................
Jul 12th 2001
i know
utamaroho
Jul 12th 2001
interesting...
Jul 13th 2001
Thanks
Jul 12th 2001
Question
Jul 12th 2001
      cooked food...
utamaroho
Jul 12th 2001
           how the hell................
Jul 12th 2001
                well
utamaroho
Jul 12th 2001
                     well, if i ever..............
Jul 12th 2001
                     hmmm...
Jul 13th 2001
still looking?
Jul 12th 2001
I'm scared.....
Jul 11th 2001
hahahahahaha
utamaroho
Jul 12th 2001
Sounds good (recipe)
Caesar Jay
Jul 12th 2001
don't peel either
utamaroho
Jul 12th 2001
i plan on it...
Jul 12th 2001
You don't even have electricity.
Jul 12th 2001
don't you have some sex post...
utamaroho
Jul 12th 2001
      why in the world...............
Jul 12th 2001
      i'm moving out...
utamaroho
Jul 12th 2001
           Dont do it in the winter
Jul 12th 2001
                winters in "atlata"...............
Jul 12th 2001
      You know my inquiry was relevant.
Jul 12th 2001
The ironic
Jul 12th 2001
grow it yourself...
utamaroho
Jul 12th 2001
      RE: Hello
poeticlocks
Jul 12th 2001
fix that recipe!
Jul 12th 2001
BLASHPHEMY
utamaroho
Jul 12th 2001
challenge accepted
Jul 12th 2001
sounds yummy
Jul 13th 2001
      hey lex
Jul 13th 2001
           raincheck...
Jul 13th 2001
not to get off topic...
Jul 13th 2001
juiceman
utamaroho
Jul 13th 2001
      RE: juiceman
Jul 13th 2001
      walmart...kmart...target
utamaroho
Jul 13th 2001
      carrots gingers and beets?
Jul 13th 2001
           try sugar cane
Jul 13th 2001
           pussy?!?
utamaroho
Jul 13th 2001
                yeh i said it!
Jul 13th 2001
                     seltzer ?!?
utamaroho
Jul 13th 2001
                          pu**y is a beautiful thing
Jul 13th 2001
                               immaculate conception
utamaroho
Jul 13th 2001
                                    did anyone carry you for 9 mos?
Jul 13th 2001
                                         i was carried for "7" months
utamaroho
Jul 13th 2001
                                              as you can tell i'm jealous...
utamaroho
Jul 13th 2001
                                              and in my next lifetime i
Jul 13th 2001
                                              sumtimes
Jul 13th 2001
                                              me too!
Jul 13th 2001
                                                   gimme one month
Jul 13th 2001
                                                        all late n' stuff lol
Jul 13th 2001

Ape Redwood
Charter member
6088 posts
Wed Jul-11-01 01:05 PM

Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profileClick to add this author to your buddy listClick to send message via AOL IM
1. "I got a blender that I use instead"
In response to Reply # 0

------
"And you don't even know the alphabet,
but you still talkin'." --Vastaire

---------------------
Thursday, June 17th
Dujeous @ Bowery Ballroom
6 Delancey Street (at Bowery)
w/Addison Groove Project &
Gutbucket
10PM~$13
DUJEOUS debut LP "CITY
LIMITS" INSTOSNOW.
Buy my shit.

shwin
Charter member
3481 posts
Wed Jul-11-01 06:44 PM

Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profileClick to add this author to your buddy listClick to send message via AOL IM
8. "get a vitamix"
In response to Reply # 1

500 are worth it

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
NYU

GlazedDonut
Charter member
174 posts
Wed Jul-11-01 01:41 PM

Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profileClick to add this author to your buddy list
2. "RE: buy a juicer"
In response to Reply # 0

>well Jay "the juiceman" Kordich
>is still ACTIVE at like
>700 years of age so...
>

Live food...Live bodies
Dead food...Dead bodies

utamaroho

Wed Jul-11-01 01:58 PM

4. "i love when he says that"
In response to Reply # 2

watching the infomercial last night...

the "In Living Color" parody was funny as hell!

GlazedDonut
Charter member
174 posts
Wed Jul-11-01 07:00 PM

Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profileClick to add this author to your buddy list
9. "my favorite..."
In response to Reply # 4

"You have a choice, you know.
Health...or disease.
Life...or premature death."

And Jim Carrey (he might have still been James at that point) was great playing him, even got the eyebrows right.

Expertise
Charter member
37848 posts
Wed Jul-11-01 01:45 PM

Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profileClick to add this author to your buddy list
3. "RE: buy a juicer"
In response to Reply # 0

I only use it to make frozen beverages. Frozen strawberries are the bomb....mmmmmmmm...

That's it, I'm going to the farmer's market tomorrow.

M2
Charter member
10072 posts
Wed Jul-11-01 02:25 PM

5. "RE: buy a juicer"
In response to Reply # 0

-Blenders work well too, I make myself a morning breakfast shake of Yogurt, 8 ounces of Juice, Cup of Mixed Fruit, a Bannana and MetRx powder every morning for breakfast...and another shake of just Gatorade & MetRx when I get back from the Gym.

Definitely, one of the best health decisions I ever made, perfect way to start the day. I get a very nutritious breakfast and I don't have to spend a lot of time making it....saves me from eating a crappy breakfast and throwing my nutrional intake out of wack the whole day. Particularly when I'm heading out to work in the morning.

Peace,

M2

The Blog: http://www.analyticalwealth.com/

An assassin’s life is never easy. Still, it beats being an assassin’s target.

Enjoy your money, but live below your means, lest you become a 70-yr old Wal-Mart Greeter.

Soul1908
Member since Sep 19th 2002
236 posts
Wed Jul-11-01 06:15 PM

6. "Hey Uta"
In response to Reply # 0

I'm having trouble figuring out what to do with Tofu... Any recommendations... Please be specific.

SOul

Learn to love the all in all and thus the all in yourself

utamaroho

Thu Jul-12-01 05:02 AM

14. "don't eat it..."
In response to Reply # 6

but i'm biased...cooked food is poison!

but anyways, you can put some olive oil in skillet, crumble and strain any excess water from 1 lb. of tofu....brown lightly while adding tumeric(yellow liver cleansing herb powder) tofu will turn yellow like eggs...add nutritional yeast 1 tbs. add chopped onions green and red peppers. whole black pepper a little sea salt, mushrooms if you like...

serve with "sunnies" sprouted sunflower seeds on top...

on the side whole wheat toast with jam or "willow" spread vegan margarine...

a glass of OJ...and if you want some veggie sausage links...

a complete vegetarian breakfast! and it IS SOOOO GOOD, see now, you make me wanna cook now...

abduhu
Charter member
1734 posts
Thu Jul-12-01 05:12 AM

15. "youre ideal breakfast.................."
In response to Reply # 14

.......is not tropholosised as i should be.

http://www.hps-online.com/trophology.htm

oh yeah. youre gonna love this here. i keep seeing "tao" on every other page, so i know youll want to get with this.

Starch and Sugar

It has been established that, when sugar enters the mouth along with starch, the saliva secreted during mastication contains no ptyalin, thereby sabotaging starch digestion before it reaches the stomach.

Furthermore, such a combination blocks passage of sugar through the stomach until the starch is digested, causing it to ferment.

The by-products of sugar fermentation are acidic, which in turn further inhibits digestion of starches, which require alkaline mediums for digestion.

Bread (starch) and butter (fat) is a perfectly compatible combination, but when you spread a spoonful of honey or jam over it, you introduce sugars to the blend, which interfere with the digestion of the starch in bread.

The same principle applies to breakfast cereal sprinkled with sugar, heavily frosted cakes, sweet pies, and so forth.

who is Prophet Muhammad -salla Allahu 'alaihi wa sallam (peace be upon him)? click here to read his biography entitled, "Ar-Raheeq Al-Makhtum" (The Sealed Nectar) :
http://www.witness-pioneer.org/vil/Books/SM_tsn/

Narrated Aisha (Prophet Muhammad's wife):
The Prophet used to offer prayer at night (for such a long time) that his feet used to crack. I said, "O Allah's Apostle! Why do you do it since Allah has forgiven you your faults of the past and those to follow?" He said, "Shouldn't I love to be a thankful slave (of Allah)?' When he became old, he prayed while sitting, but if he wanted to perform a bowing, he wound get up, recite (some other verses) and then perform the bowing.

subhaanakallahumma (Glory be to you, Oh Allah), wabihamdika (and I praise You). ashhadu anla ilaha illa anta (I bear witness that none has the right to be worshipped except You). astaghfiruka (I seek Your forgiveness), wa attuubu ilaika (and I turn to You in Repentance).

utamaroho

Thu Jul-12-01 05:42 AM

17. "i know"
In response to Reply # 15

i don't eat that shit anymore...

a raw, close to monodiet for me...

LexM
Charter member
28342 posts
Fri Jul-13-01 02:38 AM

38. "interesting..."
In response to Reply # 15

but I looooovvvvve sugar....i'm a junkie. although lately when i have toast, I'd rather just eat it w/ some butter on top...

i can see giving up meat totally, but going vegan/raw is just not in my future...*shrug*

~~~SPITFIRE: AUGUST 23, 2001~~~
HipHop. Old school style. In Full Effect. Want Info? Email: carameldom@hotmail.com

"to get inside this head of mine/would take a monkey wrench/and a lot of wine" ~~Res

~~~~
http://omidele.blogspot.com/
http://rahareiki.tumblr.com/
http://seatofbliss.blogspot.com/

Soul1908
Member since Sep 19th 2002
236 posts
Thu Jul-12-01 05:21 AM

16. "Thanks"

: )

Learn to love the all in all and thus the all in yourself

chyne
Charter member
793 posts
Thu Jul-12-01 06:07 AM

20. "Question"

How is cooked food poison?

Also, how did you get used to just eating raw foods. I am trying to do that because I have discovered that starch has been sabotaging my weight loss. I stayed away from strach for 2 weeks with phenominal results but I got tired of just vegetables.

Yes I know there are alternative foods but sometimes I don't want to cook and salads get boring.

What did you do?

utamaroho

Thu Jul-12-01 06:15 AM

21. "cooked food..."
In response to Reply # 20

is by the very nature of adding heat is denatured...nutritionally more deficient than raw foods...

thus to get the necessary amounts of a nutrient, you have to eat more...cooked food is enzyme deficient since they are killed when heated...and thus your body must produce those enzymes which are the catylysts in chemical processes in the body, when they are drained health deteriorates. cooked food, especially here in babylon stays in the colon for much longer periosds of time than raw...i can eat this raw meal here in front of me and expect a bowel movement in 3-4 hours. this is why babies shit so often, they hav a pure system. i know people who go 7 days without taking a nice crap! if you ever have a chance to get a colonic, watch what comes out of you...i've been vegan for 3 years and had 5 lbs of "stones" come out of me...that was compacted undigested food from "years" back.

i find the summertime the best to start raw, cuz you'll crave the water in fruits and veggies...i've eaten 6 plums already, and feel hydrated...there are some raw recipes that would have you astonished that they aren't cooked and taste sooo good. raw pizza and raw lasagna are better than the cooked versions by far..mainly though i like to eat very simple, simple food...

abduhu
Charter member
1734 posts
Thu Jul-12-01 06:21 AM

22. "how the hell................"
In response to Reply # 21

raw pizza and raw
>lasagna are better than the
>cooked versions by far...........

.......you gonna eat "raw pizza and raw lasagna" ?

i bet the uncooked dough on the pizza is nasty, and youll scratch up your gums and break teeth trying to eat uncooked lasagne noodles.

ok. for real. how?

who is Prophet Muhammad -salla Allahu 'alaihi wa sallam (peace be upon him)? click here to read his biography entitled, "Ar-Raheeq Al-Makhtum" (The Sealed Nectar) :

The Prophet used to offer prayer at night (for such a long time) that his feet used to crack. I said, "O Allah's Apostle! Why do you do it since Allah has forgiven you your faults of the past and those to follow?" He said, "Shouldn't I love to be a thankful slave (of Allah)?' When he became old, he prayed while sitting, but if he wanted to perform a bowing, he wound get up, recite (some other verses) and then perform the bowing.

subhaanakallahumma (Glory be to you, Oh Allah), wabihamdika (and I praise You). ashhadu anla ilaha illa anta (I bear witness that none has the right to be worshipped except You). astaghfiruka (I seek Your forgiveness), wa attuubu ilaika (and I turn to You in Repentance).

utamaroho

Thu Jul-12-01 06:27 AM

25. "well"
In response to Reply # 22

raw alsagna is made with marinatedeggplant strips representing the cheese, kale or some other greens as the noodles...tomato paste with spices as the sauce and the rest of the stuff that makes lasagna hav the "flavor" is raw vegetarian stuff anyways...i.e. spices and such

the pizza is made from a crust: a paste made from soaked ground up wheatberries, dried to a semi hard flat "crust" and topped again with a tomato and spice sauce with vegetarian toppings...can be placed in the sun or dehydrator for warmth. if you ever jet up here to atlata, i'll show you! it's tastier than cooked pizza...

basically that's the main thing about eating raw, the ingredients in their natural form have their original flavor, many of which people never experience because of the cooking process...

abduhu
Charter member
1734 posts
Thu Jul-12-01 06:38 AM

29. "well, if i ever.............."
In response to Reply # 25

find "atlata", ill be sure to pay you a visit. is that on the left or the right side of the chattahoochie riva?

if you ever
>jet up here to atlata,
>i'll show you! it's tastier
>than cooked pizza...

however, i was in "atlanta" monday morning, but i was taking my grandma to the airport, and i had to get back to the j.o.b.b.

thanks for the recipe!

LexM
Charter member
28342 posts
Fri Jul-13-01 02:42 AM

39. "hmmm..."
In response to Reply # 25

that doesn't sound half bad...

but i still like my (baked) veggie lasagna recipe ...

i need to leave this post alone until AFTER lunch...lol

HipHop. Old school style. In Full Effect. Want Info? Email: carameldom@hotmail.com

"to get inside this head of mine/would take a monkey wrench/and a lot of wine" ~~Res

~~~~

guerilla_love
Charter member
8273 posts
Thu Jul-12-01 08:39 AM

36. "still looking?"
In response to Reply # 6

i LOVE tofu.

and i don't think utma's ideal breakfast is the end all be all of tofu

==**peace**==

"baby,
I'd draw yuh bath
like Picasso..

pick you,
like fruit
off yuh family tree. &
eatcha' honeydew ass,
wet"

-Giovanni, rhythmic poet extraordinaire

i believe in education and empowerment through art. i believe that movements happen when ideas are set to music. bodies and people come together through dance and movement, eyes awaken in the face of a good movie, and whatever ya gotta say is useless unless you can use these tools to reach right into people

"The logic of divide and rule is still valid today." Capleton

DomePoem Poets; Vibe Nation; One ppl under the spoken word

"Who need fossil fuel when the sun ain't goin' nowhere"
- Amiri Baraka

http://www.okayplayer.com/guidelines

BUY MY BOOK- only $6! Inbox me for details

C_RA
Charter member
13125 posts
Wed Jul-11-01 06:34 PM

Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profileClick to add this author to your buddy listClick to send message via AOL IM
7. "I'm scared....."
In response to Reply # 0

my eyebrows might look like his.

"I kick it with the hobbit, not John
Wayne Bobbit."-Aisha Tyler (trying to rap)

"What?! Fuck gangsta, I'm from the damn suburbs...I keep shit suburban."-me

"Put them on a pedestal, treat them like a goddess, and respect the hell out of 'em."- Gina Gershon on how women should be treated
(gotta admire a woman who has "pussy" painted on her cell)

utamaroho

Thu Jul-12-01 04:58 AM

13. "hahahahahaha"
In response to Reply # 7

(((((PEACE)))))

"These poor "activists" need a real cause to get their hemp panties all bunched up. They've been reduced to being outraged over junior-varsity poetry contests sponsored by milk farmers.
Makes you wish Bush would bomb Canada or something...anything to give these kids a reason to make signs and have sit-ins and shit." -HotThyng76

"Lazy people don't wanna consider information that would crumble their belief systems and force them to actually try to improve their miserable lot (which their former belief systems allowed them to deal with on a surface level). People want self-improvement to be a smooth, comfy ride." -Ape Redwood

"God is good, me love God, God love me. God will take care of me, Jesus love me too, I will repent all my sins and give me to Jesus, Jesus will take me to heaven with him. Jesus loves me, me good. Me give money to church, church good. Pastor needs new car, Jesus loves me, Jesus loves pastor. Jesus is God, jesus is son of God, Jesus is father of god, me confused now. Me go to sleep now, me need nap, me brain tired. -Christians"
-ish_skywalker

"Considering the fact that Islam is a disgrace to human kind, Christianity is a disgrace to everything in the universe, Judiasm is just one confusing mess, and the rest of em are all praying to aliens from outer space. I say we have a religion where the only rule is that you know how to roll a Garcia Vega. Ya know? And if I can't be god, can I be one of the people who gets to make hypocritical rules and then not follow them like them stinking Catholics? Please, pretty please, with the Annunaki on top?" -ish_skywalker

"That 112 song that says "If you're sexy and you know it clap your hands (clap, clap). If you're sexy and you know it clap your hands (clap, clap). If you're sexy and you know it and you really want to show it...if you're sexy and you know it clap your hands (clap, clap)." This TRULY sucks. I shut it off after that, but i'm still wondering if the second verse says "if you're sexy and you know it stomp your feet (stomp, stomp)". This is an all time low for music, period. It makes me wish 2 of those guys from 112 would die so they could be called 110." -NazDak

"nah man, that's suicide...jumping off bridge is suicide, blowing your brains out is suicide...letting wyclef handle your album 100% like is suicide...that...is stupid suicide...lol but there lurks a dark humor about getting your ass beat by gang members..." PlanetInfinite

THIS IS SOME FUNNY SHIT!

Caesar Jay

Thu Jul-12-01 02:43 AM

10. "Sounds good (recipe)"
In response to Reply # 0

Do i peel the lemons, how bout he apples?

AUT CAESAR AUT NULLUS
DUAL MOBILTIY IS COMING...Some day.

Fuck whats in the deck.

And to all yall that say my posts aren't educated, fuck yall too.

utamaroho

Thu Jul-12-01 04:57 AM

12. "don't peel either"
In response to Reply # 10

juice apples and strain then just add the whole juiced lemon whole

LexM
Charter member
28342 posts
Thu Jul-12-01 02:46 AM

11. "i plan on it..."
In response to Reply # 0

i'll be moving soon, so if anyone wants to send a housewarming gift, a juicer would be perfect

lol

but seriously, as I venture deeper into vegetarianism, I do want to start drinking more veggie/fruit juices.

~~~~

Koku
Charter member
71257 posts
Thu Jul-12-01 06:03 AM

Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profileClick to add this author to your buddy list
18. "You don't even have electricity."
In response to Reply # 0

How is the juicer benefiting you?

http://www.creativejunk.com
Pictures:
http://members.blackplanet.com/PrettyKo
Affiliation:
http://www.beatdemons.com

"An antagonist will cast a shadow in a total eclipse." -Dunno who said it.

"We're not looking for just any sponsor, no one wants to be at a dance club and see a Texaco banner over the Dj Booth," -BeatDemon's Maurice Tanner Founder/CEO.

"I have no issues whatsoever with being a manwhore. We just have a bad rap. I mean---so what if I'm easy?" --Science_Fiction

"I take the WHOLE thing in my mouth, never letting it go, and drink his man milk." -Sumumabizatch

MSN: kokutona
AIM: Miss Koku
Yahoo: misskoku
"Motorola 2Way Page Me:" 8889442962@airmessage.net

---

@kokupuff

utamaroho

Thu Jul-12-01 06:06 AM

19. "don't you have some sex post..."
In response to Reply # 18

to be responding to in general?

i have a handcranking wheatgrass juicer too you SIMP...get the fuck outta here!

...and unless you are going to provide me light, cable tv, and air-conditioned shelter, stop making fun of me ...it's actually peaceful, although i regret having it cut off a month in advance...i miss "little house on the prairie" every morning *sniff*

abduhu
Charter member
1734 posts
Thu Jul-12-01 06:24 AM

23. "why in the world..............."
In response to Reply # 19

..........dont you have electricity?

w/o any assumptions on my part, why?

or is that a joke?

utamaroho

Thu Jul-12-01 06:32 AM

26. "i'm moving out..."
In response to Reply # 23

and thought i'd be out last month...but got tied down at work and extended the lease till the end of this month...

having no elctricity is really cool though. i like the peacefulness and it shows me how much i depend on an outside entity for power. i should have had my solar array up this month if again it wasn't for work. best believe, with all the power outages in atl, i'll have it up soon.

plus it's interseting the affects of artificial light on the human sleep pattern. i think people would be more rested without the luxury of tv and lights, computers and such to take their attention away from sleep...plus i found out lights make sound. it is really so paceful in the place i'm thinking of keeping the lights out at teh next place to experiment...yeah, you're talking to someone who wouldn't mind sleeping outside under the stars every night!

Ape Redwood
Charter member
6088 posts
Thu Jul-12-01 06:37 AM

28. "Dont do it in the winter"
In response to Reply # 26

At least up here in NY. No heat is NOT FUN, TRUST ME. I can live without Con Ed in the summer, believe you me I've done it. Not on purpose.

------
"And you don't even know the alphabet,
but you still talkin'." --Vastaire

---------------------
Thursday, June 17th
Dujeous @ Bowery Ballroom
6 Delancey Street (at Bowery)
w/Addison Groove Project &
Gutbucket
10PM~$13
DUJEOUS debut LP "CITY
LIMITS" INSTOSNOW.
Buy my shit.

abduhu
Charter member
1734 posts
Thu Jul-12-01 06:42 AM

30. "winters in "atlata"..............."
In response to Reply # 28

probably aint no joke, either. ask utamoroho, he lives there. never been there myself, though.

that was my last one. maybe

i luv the internet.

Koku
Charter member
71257 posts
Thu Jul-12-01 08:22 AM

35. "You know my inquiry was relevant."
In response to Reply # 19

Every once in a while, I dip into Activist to see what type of 'questions' you're posing. ___________________________________________________________________________

http://www.creativejunk.com
Pictures:
http://members.blackplanet.com/PrettyKo
Affiliation:
http://www.beatdemons.com

"An antagonist will cast a shadow in a total eclipse." -Dunno who said it.

"We're not looking for just any sponsor, no one wants to be at a dance club and see a Texaco banner over the Dj Booth," -BeatDemon's Maurice Tanner Founder/CEO.

"I have no issues whatsoever with being a manwhore. We just have a bad rap. I mean---so what if I'm easy?" --Science_Fiction

"I take the WHOLE thing in my mouth, never letting it go, and drink his man milk." -Sumumabizatch

MSN: kokutona
AIM: Miss Koku
Yahoo: misskoku
"Motorola 2Way Page Me:" 8889442962@airmessage.net

---

@kokupuff

Shelly
Charter member
15886 posts
Thu Jul-12-01 06:26 AM

24. "The ironic"
In response to Reply # 0

part is , you need to be wealthy in order to be able to afford organic food. Really, food that is not manipulated ( hormones, pesticide) cost more than food that is manipulated .

You are on the right path to a hot bottom. Shrek

Shit happens

utamaroho

Thu Jul-12-01 06:35 AM

27. "grow it yourself..."
In response to Reply # 24

or join a buyer's club and get it wholesale...also when eating the correct foods and in gettni away from the american diet, you'll find that you'll need far less food to get the same nutritional values...thus spend the same if not less because you won't be overeating for no reason, remember nutrient deficient food means you have to eat more...

poeticlocks

Thu Jul-12-01 06:57 AM

32. "RE: Hello"
In response to Reply # 27

Just wanted to say, I think your a cool cat. I appreciate your words.

guerilla_love
Charter member
8273 posts
Thu Jul-12-01 06:55 AM

31. "fix that recipe!"
In response to Reply # 0

4 fruits (where fruit denotes a green apple or a pear)
1 inch square of ginger, skinned
1 halfa lemon (or more to taste)

another good one:
apple, carrot, ginger, pear
apple, carrot, ginger
pear, ginger

others to try:
beat, carrot, wheatgrass, ginger
banana, mango, orange (ALWAYS peel yr oranges)
watermelon
....uhhhmmmm.... canteloupe juice
my husband likes papaya, but i think it's too thick

DO NOT:
try to juice sugar cane, if you love yr juicer
brazenly think that lemonade consists mostly of lemons
waste your time with tasteless red delicious apples

DO:
keep some seltzer water nearby, mix some thinner juices with seltzer
try a carbonated lemonade (halfa lemon, halfa lime, oranges (PEELED), raw sugar)
put a shot of wheatgrass in yr carrot juice
keep a lotta fruits and veggies around to feed the machine
juice enuf to save some for later; juice it and DRINK it right then
make sure your veggies and fruits have some taste to em-
try not to juice the watery flavorless variety
use green apples and apples with more flavor

==**peace**==

"baby,
I'd draw yuh bath
like Picasso..

pick you,
like fruit
off yuh family tree. &
eatcha' honeydew ass,
wet"

i believe in education and empowerment through art. i believe that movements happen when ideas are set to music. bodies and people come together through dance and movement, eyes awaken in the face of a good movie, and whatever ya gotta say is useless unless you can use these tools to reach right into people

- Amiri Baraka

utamaroho

Thu Jul-12-01 07:16 AM

33. "BLASHPHEMY"
In response to Reply # 31

>>waste your time with tasteless red delicious apples

something must be wrong with either the apples they sell up there in that frozen hell, or your tastebuds...

guerilla_love
Charter member
8273 posts
Thu Jul-12-01 07:26 AM

34. "challenge accepted"
In response to Reply # 33

i'm waitin for the case of apples to arrive

==**peace**==

"baby,
I'd draw yuh bath
like Picasso..

pick you,
like fruit
off yuh family tree. &
eatcha' honeydew ass,
wet"

- Amiri Baraka

LexM
Charter member
28342 posts
Fri Jul-13-01 02:34 AM

37. "sounds yummy"
In response to Reply # 31

:9

you're gonna be my best friend when I need some juicing/veggie recipes to try

i'm hoping i can "borrow" my mom's juicer when I move...she never uses it...hmm...*evil grin*

~~~~

guerilla_love
Charter member
8273 posts
Fri Jul-13-01 07:03 AM

44. "hey lex"
In response to Reply # 37

if you come early and bearing fruits and veggies on saturday we can juice before we go

==**peace**==

"baby,
I'd draw yuh bath
like Picasso..

pick you,
like fruit
off yuh family tree. &
eatcha' honeydew ass,
wet"

- Amiri Baraka

LexM
Charter member
28342 posts
Fri Jul-13-01 08:22 AM

57. "raincheck..."
In response to Reply # 44

it's bad enough I gotta get up that early!! lol

~~~~

Slap
Charter member
725 posts
Fri Jul-13-01 02:54 AM

40. "not to get off topic..."
In response to Reply # 0

by getting back on topic, but...

I'm a vegetarian and my sister is a vegan, and we've been looking for juicers to get... our oldest sister managed to swipe a champion juicer that our mom bought, and I know that thing was like 300 bones, and is the best you can get, supposedly... my question is what is the best juicer to get in the $100 price range that can take having carrots juiced? Something hardcore and sturdy, yet not overboard like the champion...

Fresh Batch - live band funk/jazz/hip-hop from Philly...
http://www.freshbatchmusic.com

utamaroho

Fri Jul-13-01 05:06 AM

41. "juiceman"
In response to Reply # 40

works for me the past 3 years, carrots ginger and beets re the hardest things i've juiced and its holding up good as new. you gotta maintain it though

Slap
Charter member
725 posts
Fri Jul-13-01 05:31 AM

42. "RE: juiceman"
In response to Reply # 41

how much and where can i get it, or do I have to buy it off the infomercial?

Fresh Batch - live band funk/jazz/hip-hop from Philly...
http://www.freshbatchmusic.com

utamaroho

Fri Jul-13-01 05:43 AM

43. "walmart...kmart...target"
In response to Reply # 42

they're gettign popular...

guerilla_love
Charter member
8273 posts
Fri Jul-13-01 07:05 AM

45. "carrots gingers and beets?"
In response to Reply # 41

pussy.

sweetheart, ANY juicer will do carrots ginger and beets

the glory of the juiceman is the rind advantage

==**peace**==

"baby,
I'd draw yuh bath
like Picasso..

pick you,
like fruit
off yuh family tree. &
eatcha' honeydew ass,
wet"

- Amiri Baraka

guerilla_love
Charter member
8273 posts
Fri Jul-13-01 07:05 AM

46. "try sugar cane"
In response to Reply # 45

and THEN we'll talk about challenges

==**peace**==

"baby,
I'd draw yuh bath
like Picasso..

pick you,
like fruit
off yuh family tree. &
eatcha' honeydew ass,
wet"

- Amiri Baraka

utamaroho

Fri Jul-13-01 07:09 AM

47. "pussy?!?"
In response to Reply # 45

:o

fuck a sugarcane...why juice it?

guerilla_love
Charter member
8273 posts
Fri Jul-13-01 07:13 AM

48. "yeh i said it!"
In response to Reply # 47

you never had sugar cane juice before?

also i was experimenting with lemonade styles and seltzer water

==**peace**==

"baby,
I'd draw yuh bath
like Picasso..

pick you,
like fruit
off yuh family tree. &
eatcha' honeydew ass,
wet"

- Amiri Baraka

utamaroho

Fri Jul-13-01 07:17 AM

49. "seltzer ?!?"
In response to Reply # 48

:o

yeah, that's natural. but no, never had sugarcane juice before...agava nectar though is a nice sweet addition to life...

pu**y is a dirty word

guerilla_love
Charter member
8273 posts
Fri Jul-13-01 07:20 AM

50. "pu**y is a beautiful thing"
In response to Reply # 49

you came from a pu**y, yourself

but i've been debatin clearin up my language before the baby comes.

==**peace**==

"baby,
I'd draw yuh bath
like Picasso..

pick you,
like fruit
off yuh family tree. &
eatcha' honeydew ass,
wet"

- Amiri Baraka

utamaroho

Fri Jul-13-01 07:24 AM

51. "immaculate conception"
In response to Reply # 50

i was born out of the sun...

i just found out they use sugar cane in this lemonade at this veggie spot herer in atl...that shit is soooo good. i'll call and try to get the mixture...

if you ever come here, expect a citywide tour of all the veggie spots...in one day you could hit them all up and experience taste sensations outta this world. same thing for DC, damn, they're so far removed...

*sigh*

guerilla_love
Charter member
8273 posts
Fri Jul-13-01 07:47 AM

52. "did anyone carry you for 9 mos?"
In response to Reply # 51

it's such a good story!

-definately get me that recipe-

i've never been to ATL, just heard stories. and lord the stories i heard! maybe the fam'd take a road trip if it weren't for the heat-

as for dc, the veg rounds are more than a days worth. gotta love a place like that!

==**peace**==

"baby,
I'd draw yuh bath
like Picasso..

pick you,
like fruit
off yuh family tree. &
eatcha' honeydew ass,
wet"

- Amiri Baraka

utamaroho

Fri Jul-13-01 07:52 AM

53. "i was carried for "7" months"
In response to Reply # 52

oh yeah, what are some tasty sources of fiber that you like...
either i seriously need a colonic or i'm not eating the right shit. (pun intended)

i really want to get to taking 3-4 shits a day...

on a positive note. i'm sitting here imagining what it must be like to be sitting at a computer screen with a baby moving around inside. that must really be the most precious and exciting thing a human being could EVER experience. men got jipped. i look at it like, you know the best thing to put in your body when you go veg, and then having all those organic ood resources going in with their live energies and nurturing that life inside you must be really cool to think about when you eat stuff...like all that goodness on the lips is funneling into the child. your baby is gonna be bout it, bout it!

utamaroho

Fri Jul-13-01 07:58 AM

54. "as you can tell i'm jealous..."
In response to Reply # 53

having something inside you growing/moving is really something divine...

next lifetime i wanna be a woman...nah nevermind, i wanna get paid more for equal work, what am i talking about?

but for real, know some positives energy is traveling 800 miles your way to you and your child...peace and blessings

guerilla_love
Charter member
8273 posts
Fri Jul-13-01 08:08 AM

56. "and in my next lifetime i"
In response to Reply # 54

wanna be a cross dressing male

of who am i kidding? i hate pumps.

==**peace**==

"baby,
I'd draw yuh bath
like Picasso..

pick you,
like fruit
off yuh family tree. &
eatcha' honeydew ass,
wet"

- Amiri Baraka

guerilla_love
Charter member
8273 posts
Fri Jul-13-01 08:04 AM

55. "sumtimes"

you can actually see my stomach moving up and down

sumtimes teh baby kicks or punches or "rams". usually it just wiggles around. kinda like a strange muscle spasm. i thought i felt an electrical shortage the other day; THAT was nuts.

but i have trouble concentrating because of all the babies' crazy antics. and i laugh out loud randomly all the time because of bizarre things it does (like the diagonal accordian fishtail, my personal favorite, or the hiccups)

it's a strange feeling, but i LOVE it. last night some friends came over, and whenever there was a gap in the conversation we all just stared at my belly and watched it move. onna my cohosts at the open mic suggests that everyone who shows up should "rub the belly"

so it's strange having sumthin (kinda like a big fish) in the belly, but stranger to see yr body become community property (good training for breastfeeding)

as for the other end, i hear i'm supposed to be constipated, but i'm not, and i suspect that's due to all the fruits and veggies i munch throughout the day (fruit=snack, veggie=meal). but i donno any "magic bullets". if i did i would sic them on my husband, who keeps claiming he's not sick (to which i say "oh no, baby, you're not sick. but drink this anyway.").

==**peace**==

"baby,
I'd draw yuh bath
like Picasso..

pick you,
like fruit
off yuh family tree. &
eatcha' honeydew ass,
wet"

- Amiri Baraka

LexM
Charter member
28342 posts
Fri Jul-13-01 08:45 AM

58. "me too!"

premies are the best!

~~~~

guerilla_love
Charter member
8273 posts
Fri Jul-13-01 08:51 AM

59. "gimme one month"
In response to Reply # 58

an i'll see if mine is ready

i was a 10 monther myself

==**peace**==

"baby,
I'd draw yuh bath
like Picasso..

pick you,
like fruit
off yuh family tree. &
eatcha' honeydew ass,
wet"

- Amiri Baraka

LexM
Charter member
28342 posts
Fri Jul-13-01 10:01 AM

60. "all late n' stuff lol"
In response to Reply # 59

~~~~

Lobby Okay Activist Archives topic #13012 Previous topic | Next topic