Printer-friendly copy Email this topic to a friend
Lobby Okay Activist Archives topic #11979

Subject: "out of character (for a sec)" This topic is locked.
Previous topic | Next topic
utamaroho

Wed Aug-08-01 05:17 AM

"out of character (for a sec)"

you know, sometimes i think the whole GOD concept was contrived by a group of men jealous of women.

peep this: being that a woman has the ability to create life, nurture life, and be intimately involved in the whole process of birth...i think the patriarchal GOD concept was created as a way for males to fit themselves in, or better yet complement that which the woman did on this physical level. being that the whole process of creation can be paralleled to what is perhaps the greatest and most miraculous event a human being can experience (childbirth) is also of interest. males being less intimately involved in the physical process alone and the accompanying experience of carrying a child makes me see the patriarchal God concept as basic jealousy.

interestingly enough it seemed to be steered in the direction of competing/oppresing the woman.

1)God "projects himself" in order to bring about existence (male act of ejaculation)

2)women are second in everything (result of male ego)

3)creation of "man" is given more attention in order to compete with what only a woman can create..."man" (without women there is no one)

just some thoughts on the way to work...

(((((PEACE)))))

Printer-friendly copy | Top

Topic Outline
Subject Author Message Date ID
check out
utamaroho
Aug 08th 2001
RE: out of character (for a sec)
Aug 08th 2001
god answer
utamaroho
Aug 08th 2001
Well....
Aug 08th 2001
maybe so...
Aug 08th 2001
      for real...
utamaroho
Aug 08th 2001
           word...
Aug 08th 2001
                pray to god
utamaroho
Aug 08th 2001
                RE: word...
Aug 08th 2001
                     well...
Aug 08th 2001
mother earth
Aug 08th 2001
i remember reading in some native american texts
utamaroho
Aug 08th 2001
i've wondered this before
Aug 08th 2001
cont'd
Aug 08th 2001
      being that there are many changes...
utamaroho
Aug 08th 2001
           flexibility
Aug 08th 2001
                LEX & G-LOVE
utamaroho
Aug 08th 2001
                     well, if the slippery bastard
Aug 08th 2001
                     lmao@slippery bastard
Aug 08th 2001
                          i think he got a job or sumthin?
Aug 08th 2001
                               i hope he did...
Aug 08th 2001
                               he's lurking...
utamaroho
Aug 08th 2001
                               training
Aug 08th 2001
                                    RE: training
Aug 08th 2001
                                    do u have
Aug 08th 2001
                     cool
Aug 08th 2001
that's what i'm beginning to think
Aug 08th 2001
Beyond Human Form
Aug 08th 2001
Question for utamaroho
Aug 08th 2001
utamaroho
Aug 08th 2001
      RE: 13
Aug 08th 2001
           j/k check post #22
utamaroho
Aug 08th 2001
also...
utamaroho
Aug 08th 2001
hmmm
Aug 08th 2001
I define what i mean...key word "I"
utamaroho
Aug 08th 2001
      RE: I define what i mean...key word "I"
Aug 08th 2001
           for answers, check sig. specifically #5
utamaroho
Aug 08th 2001
                from a little bird
utamaroho
Aug 08th 2001
                     target
utamaroho
Aug 08th 2001
13!?!
Aug 08th 2001
couldn't resist the joke....sorry
utamaroho
Aug 08th 2001
      for some reason I thought
Aug 08th 2001
      march 23rd
utamaroho
Aug 08th 2001
           ha!!
Aug 08th 2001
           RE: march 23rd
Aug 08th 2001
                what i meant
utamaroho
Aug 08th 2001
      RE: couldn't resist the joke....sorry
Aug 08th 2001
tao, buddhism...
Aug 08th 2001
blind trust
Aug 08th 2001
RE: out of character (for a sec)
Aug 08th 2001

utamaroho

Wed Aug-08-01 05:22 AM

1. "check out"
In response to Reply # 0

"Echoes From the Old Darkland" by Charles Finch...

in it he speaks of traditional matriarchal societies on The Continent and the introduction of patriarchy and its consequences...

sometimes you gotta wonder.

HalleluYAH
Charter member
1370 posts
Wed Aug-08-01 05:25 AM

Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profileClick to add this author to your buddy list
2. "RE: out of character (for a sec)"
In response to Reply # 0

GOD is both male and female, GOD the father and GOD the Mother.

Elohim- plural
Eloh-feminine
im- male plural ending joining both the female and male aspects of GOD,

"So they(Elohim referring to GOD) created beings in likeness, in the image of GOD, they created them: male and female, they created them." Genesis(Bereshis)1:27---version translated from Hebrew...

It is what it means.

"We are what we behold and we behold what we are"

"What is within us is also without. What is without is also within. He who sees diffrence between what is within and what is without goes forevermore from death to death"

HalleluYAH, Hallelu El beqwadsho
Halleluhu beerqwiyaoozo
Halleluhu beegvor'otayr
Halleluhu chwerove goodloh
Halleluhu baytayqwah shofar
Halleluhu benevel we' kinore
Halleluhu be taf oomachole
Halleluhu be meenim we' oogove
Halleluhu betsiltsalay shama
Halleluhu betsiltsalay terooah
Col han shama
T'hallelYAH
HalleluYAH

We all praise The Most High, Praise GOD in the sanctuary, Praise GOD in the firmaments of power, Praise GOD for mighty acts, Praise GOD as befits the abundance greatness, praise GOD with drum and dance, praise GOD with organ and flute, Praise GOD with clanging cymbals, Praise GOD with resonant trumpets, Let all souls Praise GOD, We all Praise GOD. Psalms 150.

utamaroho

Wed Aug-08-01 05:31 AM

3. "god answer"
In response to Reply # 2

unfortunately the god concept i'm speaking of predates the word Elohim and thus has no bearing on what i'm talking about...sorry.

check first response...

HalleluYAH
Charter member
1370 posts
Wed Aug-08-01 05:55 AM

Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profileClick to add this author to your buddy list
8. "Well...."
In response to Reply # 2

Halleluhu beerqwiyaoozo
Halleluhu beegvor'otayr
Col han shama
T'hallelYAH
HalleluYAH

We all praise The Most High, Praise GOD in the sanctuary, Praise GOD in the firmaments of power, Praise GOD for mighty acts, Praise GOD as befits the abundance greatness, praise GOD with drum and dance, praise GOD with organ and flute, Praise GOD with clanging cymbals, Praise GOD with resonant trumpets, Let all souls Praise GOD, We all Praise GOD. Psalms 150.

LexM
Charter member
28342 posts
Wed Aug-08-01 05:55 AM

9. "maybe so..."
In response to Reply # 2

but no "true" Christian I know sees that.

there's always some other explanation for it...or it just goes back to, "It's God the FATHER...see here here here and here??"

*shrug*

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
"I've watched tears crawl back into our eye sockets..." ~~jessica Care moore

"to get inside this head of mine/would take a monkey wrench/and a lot of wine" ~~Res

~~~~
http://omidele.blogspot.com/
http://rahareiki.tumblr.com/
http://seatofbliss.blogspot.com/

utamaroho

Wed Aug-08-01 06:14 AM

12. "for real..."
In response to Reply # 9

casual joke on Martin:

Martin: you know god's on my side cuz he's a man. Men are supposed to be in control. We in control of everything.

Gina: What about mother nature Martin, what about her?

Martin: Ok, ok, i'll give you Mother Nature, but she works for God, and we all know...He's the MAN!

after transcending semantics we have to look at the accompanying actions that go hand in hand with a philosophy...and just looking at the people following this belilef and their atrocities towards women...come on.

LexM
Charter member
28342 posts
Wed Aug-08-01 06:56 AM

13. "word..."
In response to Reply # 12

that's why I'm interested in so many other religions & spiritual systems, 'cause I feel like that can't be all there is...

I'm making it a point now (while I'm young ) to study myself as a woman and know God and Life from a perspective that holds me positively & not just as an ornament or "helpmate." That's important to me, because I need to teach it to my daughters (if I ever have them)

"to get inside this head of mine/would take a monkey wrench/and a lot of wine" ~~Res

~~~~

utamaroho

Wed Aug-08-01 07:00 AM

14. "pray to god"
In response to Reply # 13

that you don't have daughters, you'll only be incurring debt with the dowry...

but i feel you. check my next thread at the bottom of this post. what do you think?

HalleluYAH
Charter member
1370 posts
Wed Aug-08-01 07:02 AM

15. "RE: word..."
In response to Reply # 13

What other religions and spiritualities are you studying, I am studyn a few myself...maybe there's something you and I are missing...

It's been my theory that all the major ancient scriptures and spiritual beliefs are all pieces of a big puzzle, that when acurately pieced together it will reveal the truth...although I do stand as an Israelite...I've walked through egyptology, christianity, catholicsim..I realized certain fallacies with the egyptian sciences and even though I see fallacies with certain aspects of the bible, I stay here becuase it is not science...now I am studying hinduism, well more specifically the Bhagavad Gita, Upinishads, Vedas and the Mahabrata...as well I stray over to rastafarianism, which is very similar to being and israelite...

What are you studying

"What is within us is also without. What is without is also within. He who sees diffrence between what is within and what is without goes forevermore from death to death"

LexM
Charter member
28342 posts
Wed Aug-08-01 07:21 AM

23. "well..."
In response to Reply # 15

I've been interested in Buddhism since I was in high school, so I have read some of those texts. "A Buddhist Bible" (can't remember the editor's name...but it's been around for awhile), that compiles sources from several Buddhist traditions.

I'm using another book on world religions as a springboard/intro to faiths like Hinduism and Judaism that I haven't looked into yet.

I've also read Mbiti's "African Religion and Philosophy" to get a sense of traditional African religion. I'm always interested in the manifestation of those systems in the Americas (Santeria, Voudon, etc). Recently I finished Dr. Ben's "The African Origin of Major Western Religions." I just got the translation of "The Book of Coming Forth To Day By Night" by E.A. Wallis Budge...can't wait to get into that one.

And I intend to thoroughly read the Bible and the Koran.

I usually think of things from a social/psychological perspective...I'm always interested in how a people's culture and environment shaped their belief in God.

~~~~

Federisco
Charter member
5002 posts
Wed Aug-08-01 05:42 AM

4. "mother earth"
In response to Reply # 0

Perhaps you know where they believe in the mother earth, not the god most talk about? (based on the old testament)

░▒▓█▌¹♥▐█▓▒░

proud okayphotographer: http://www.okayplayer.com/okayphotographers/

"Most of our assumptions have outlived their uselessness." — Marshall McLuhan

utamaroho

Wed Aug-08-01 05:47 AM

5. "i remember reading in some native american texts"
In response to Reply # 4

that women are closest to the earth because since human beings come through them and they are at that time nurtured by the earth, they are pretty much recycling and transferring the earth (nutrients, minerals, etc) to the child and that child continues and carries on the earth...our bodies are made up only of things within this planet so it makes sense to me...

also it is interesting that because women are indeed closer to the earth, that the God concept had to be directly opposed to it and thus we have the "booming voice in the sky" god concept, in which god (although a "part" of everything) is separated from human beings...

had the concept of the woman deity continued strong, i think people wouldn't feel so disconnected from the divine.

guerilla_love
Charter member
8273 posts
Wed Aug-08-01 05:52 AM

6. "i've wondered this before"
In response to Reply # 0

for a number of reasons

1. image i have in my head of hunting and gathering societies where men were out trying to conquer nature and bring back a bounty while the women gathered sustenance for the family and worked in harmony of nature

2. heightened sense of emotion and spirituality around menstruation (which is a significant portion of the time)

3. my own observances abt the differences between men and women

4. the spiritual nature of womens roles, whether in a matriarchal or patriarchal society

5. ostracism of females during menstruation form organized religious ceremonies

==**peace**==

"baby,
I'd draw yuh bath
like Picasso..

pick you,
like fruit
off yuh family tree. &
eatcha' honeydew ass,
wet"

-Giovanni

i believe in education and empowerment through art. i believe that movements happen when ideas are set to music. bodies and people come together through dance and movement, eyes awaken in the face of a good movie, and whatever ya gotta say is useless unless you can use these tools to reach right into people

"the skilled binder uses no strings or knots, while to unloose what he has bound would be impossible." Lao Tzu

"The logic of divide and rule is still valid today." Capleton

DomePoem Poets; Vibe Nation; One ppl under the spoken word

"Who need fossil fuel when the sun ain't goin' nowhere"
- Amiri Baraka

http://www.okayplayer.com/guidelines

BUY MY BOOK- only $6! Inbox me for details

guerilla_love
Charter member
8273 posts
Wed Aug-08-01 05:56 AM

10. "cont'd"
In response to Reply # 6

women's bodies are not set up for rigid structure

from menstruation to pregnancy and childbirth to breastfeeding

women are not wired for the superficial masculine structures that many of us enjoy and excel at

==**peace**==

"baby,
I'd draw yuh bath
like Picasso..

pick you,
like fruit
off yuh family tree. &
eatcha' honeydew ass,
wet"

-Giovanni

i believe in education and empowerment through art. i believe that movements happen when ideas are set to music. bodies and people come together through dance and movement, eyes awaken in the face of a good movie, and whatever ya gotta say is useless unless you can use these tools to reach right into people

"the skilled binder uses no strings or knots, while to unloose what he has bound would be impossible." Lao Tzu

- Amiri Baraka

utamaroho

Wed Aug-08-01 06:08 AM

11. "being that there are many changes..."
In response to Reply # 10

...in the woman's body on the physical level alone, not to mention emotional/mental...

the ability to flow with circumastance and adapt to change seems inate. unfortunately once we diverted from that path, and lost the ability to adapt, and stick with defunct tradition, societies fell...when dealing with the more static male attributes, like a stiff reed in the wind, things will fall apart.

like someone told me, all solutions lie within the woman...

guerilla_love
Charter member
8273 posts
Wed Aug-08-01 07:34 AM

29. "flexibility"
In response to Reply # 11

one of the problems with western cultures is that flexibility isn't valued

what is valued is knowledge and plans of actions

more than the ability to reason and/or the ability to cope

i want to learn more abt matriarchal cultures

==**peace**==

"baby,
I'd draw yuh bath
like Picasso..

pick you,
like fruit
off yuh family tree. &
eatcha' honeydew ass,
wet"

-Giovanni

- Amiri Baraka

utamaroho

Wed Aug-08-01 07:37 AM

30. "LEX & G-LOVE"
In response to Reply # 29

you both need to catch up to Solarus and hem him up for all my books he has...matriarchal societies can be learned from "Echoes..." and i'm sure i left some others up there...Lex, ask him for Raja Yoga, for some cool eastern philosophies that give you real world instructions for practice...both excellent books

(wishing i had them back *sobbing*)

guerilla_love
Charter member
8273 posts
Wed Aug-08-01 07:41 AM

36. "well, if the slippery bastard"
In response to Reply # 30

can make it to a saturday meeting, i'll be sure to kidnap him and hit him up appropriately (only, of course, with lex's help (and possibly a few strategic "drops in the ol water bottle"))

==**peace**==

"baby,
I'd draw yuh bath
like Picasso..

pick you,
like fruit
off yuh family tree. &
eatcha' honeydew ass,
wet"

-Giovanni

- Amiri Baraka

LexM
Charter member
28342 posts
Wed Aug-08-01 07:43 AM

38. "lmao@slippery bastard"
In response to Reply # 36

why he gotta be all that

*still laughin*

~~~~

guerilla_love
Charter member
8273 posts
Wed Aug-08-01 07:51 AM

39. "i think he got a job or sumthin?"
In response to Reply # 38

what happened to him?

==**peace**==

"baby,
I'd draw yuh bath
like Picasso..

pick you,
like fruit
off yuh family tree. &
eatcha' honeydew ass,
wet"

-Giovanni

- Amiri Baraka

LexM
Charter member
28342 posts
Wed Aug-08-01 08:19 AM

42. "i hope he did..."
In response to Reply # 39

but I really can't say...I haven't heard from him. your guess is as good as mine *shrug*

(u were right...I did go stupid @ Ikea...lol. I think I'm going back in a couple of weeks)

~~~~

utamaroho

Wed Aug-08-01 08:24 AM

43. "he's lurking..."
In response to Reply # 42

like i did for a couple of weeks...

preparing for a fast coming up soon...

you all sound fun, i'm gonna have to come up there in september...maybe sooner

Solarus
Charter member
3604 posts
Wed Aug-08-01 08:24 AM

44. "training"
In response to Reply # 39

(I can't get a job to save my life. FUCK DC, I should've went to ATL for the summer)

Anyways I've been training. make the meetings on Sundays. The good ol' day of rest for all of us mislead heathens*. I don't go to the temple on Sunday. I usually try to recuperate. I didn't go this past saturday though. I was hurting too much.

*FYI the real Sabbath is on Saturday, blame it on Constantine

PEace
Solarus

***Words of Wisdom***

"Every time you rise from your sleeping state, you have been reincarnated. Every time you recover from a bad experience, you have been reincarnated. Every time you have been given a new lease on life, you have been reincarnated. Every time you breath in and out, take in the fresh breath of life and feel the divine intelligence flowing in and around you, you have been reincarnated."- Mfundishi Bakari

On "love":

"I am in love everyday, whether I am with someone or not. Why? All love is based on a search for spirit. For me love is timeless, transcendent, peaceful, freeing, soul-based, unifying, and enhanced evolution. This is the basis of my activism."- Nettrice, the embodiment of Oshun

"Since we all make up the rules as we go along, love can mean many different things to many different people. But, for me love is a total commitment to understanding that is not limited to just people but is open to the totality of life. As long as we approach love from a fear based mentality and perceive it through veils of guardedness and anxiety, it will always be restricted by our fears."- Mfundishi Bakari

"the real pyramids were built with such precision that you can't slide a piece of paper between two 4,000 lb stones, and have shafts perfectly aligned so that you can see a tiny aperture through dozens of these mammoth blocks

HalleluYAH
Charter member
1370 posts
Wed Aug-08-01 08:32 AM

45. "RE: training"
In response to Reply # 44

Solarus you observe the Shabbat...

Halleluhu beerqwiyaoozo
Halleluhu beegvor'otayr
Col han shama
T'hallelYAH
HalleluYAH

guerilla_love
Charter member
8273 posts
Wed Aug-08-01 09:54 AM

50. "do u have"
In response to Reply # 44

any database training/ data analysis skills/ etc?

are you looking to work during the school year?

willing to work for $9 an hour and do some tedious things and some light programming?

willing to make a 30 minute commute?

==**peace**==

"baby,
I'd draw yuh bath
like Picasso..

pick you,
like fruit
off yuh family tree. &
eatcha' honeydew ass,
wet"

-Giovanni

- Amiri Baraka

LexM
Charter member
28342 posts
Wed Aug-08-01 07:42 AM

37. "cool"
In response to Reply # 30

~~~~

LexM
Charter member
28342 posts
Wed Aug-08-01 05:53 AM

7. "that's what i'm beginning to think"
In response to Reply # 0

~~~~

Nettrice
Charter member
61747 posts
Wed Aug-08-01 07:03 AM

Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profileClick to add this author to your buddy list
16. "Beyond Human Form"
In response to Reply # 0

The way that I see it is that the human form is a vessel for the spirit and that each spirit takes on this form to perform specific tasks, as men, women, etc.

Although I was raised Christian, I saw through the "God, our father" b.s. and realized that God has no human form and does not value men over women. Everything we see or hear in the physical realm is Divine inspiration but created by humans with agendas. In ancient times, our ancestors worshipped the "Goddess" and often she had male and female charateristics. In West African religion(s), spirits took on male and female forms but worked together to balance the Earth. Each entity had a role and was connected to a Divine purpose.

What I am posting here is what I have come to believe and I see myself in terms of spirit first and then human form (as a woman) and my purpose. In order to evolve spiritually, I have had to reject religion, as well as learn from other religions to understand what spirituality is.

"It amuses me when people read into instead of understand what I write or say or assume who I am. People will look at me and think it's cute that I say I am an artist until they ask me what schools I went to and discover I am serious...I am serious about everything I do and say and write including my posts, generalizations, ironies and all. That is integrity. Everything is real, sincere including my name on these boards."
--Me

"Know thyself"

"Let your conduct be without covetousness; be content with such things as you have. For He Himself has said, "I will never leave you or forsake you". So we may boldly say, "The Lord is my helper, I will not fear. What can man do to me?"
-- Hebrews 13:5,6

"There is a difference between knowing the path and walking the path"
--Morpheus in "The Matrix"

"It's our choices, Harry, that show what we truly are, far more than our abilities"- Dumbledore to Harry Potter "Chamber of Secrets"

<--- Blame this lady for Nutty.

muzikfiend
Charter member
831 posts
Wed Aug-08-01 07:05 AM

17. "Question for utamaroho"
In response to Reply # 0

Every time I see your comment on a post it's mad insightful. Just of of curiousity, how old are you?

somehow I always find my self
standing alone thats why I
stand on my own.

utamaroho

Wed Aug-08-01 07:06 AM

19. "13"
In response to Reply # 17

1)AFRAKAN CONSCIOUSNESS -discourse on Kemetic (ancient Egyptian) and traditional West Afrikan spirituality.
http://www.okayplayer.com/cgi-bin/dcforum/dcboard.cgi?az=show_thread&om=2430&forum=DCForumID1&archive=yes

2)GOD IS IMMANENT -a look at Afrikan concepts of THE ALL with respect to the Western concept of "god".
http://www.okayplayer.com/cgi-bin/dcforum/dcboard.cgi?az=show_thread&om=3291&forum=DCForumID1&archive=yes

3)AFRAKAN SPIRITUALITY -a glimpse into a specific afrikan spiritual system; Yoruba.
http://www.okayplayer.com/dcforum/DCForumID1/3461.html

4)WALKING DESTRUCTION -a look at European culture from the perspective of mulitple original cultures through time.
http://www.okayplayer.com/cgi-bin/dcforum/dcboard.cgi?az=show_thread&om=2622&forum=DCForumID1&archive=yes

5)AFRAKAN VS. EUROPEAN WORLDVIEW -a look at contrasting ideologies, beliefs and behaviors amongst these two groups.
http://www.okayplayer.com/cgi-bin/dcforum/dcboard.cgi?az=show_thread&om=2427&forum=DCForumID1&archive=yes

6)NATION BUILDING, the BEGINNING -a blue print and discussion on real life work to be done by activists.
http://www.okayplayer.com/cgi-bin/dcforum/dcboard.cgi?az=show_thread&om=2182&forum=DCForumID1&archive=yes

7)AYI KWEI ARMAH -post honoring a distinguished elder doing work for the liberation of afrikan people.
http://www.okayplayer.com/cgi-bin/dcforum/dcboard.cgi?az=show_thread&om=2896&forum=DCForumID1&archive=yes

“One who has not studied the facts has no place in a discussion.” -Mao Zedong (((((PEACE)))))

muzikfiend
Charter member
831 posts
Wed Aug-08-01 07:37 AM

31. "RE: 13"
In response to Reply # 19

Seriously???

stand on my own.

utamaroho

Wed Aug-08-01 07:40 AM

34. "j/k check post #22"
In response to Reply # 31

1)AFRAKAN CONSCIOUSNESS -discourse on Kemetic (ancient Egyptian) and traditional West Afrikan spirituality.
http://www.okayplayer.com/cgi-bin/dcforum/dcboard.cgi?az=show_thread&om=2430&forum=DCForumID1&archive=yes

2)GOD IS IMMANENT -a look at Afrikan concepts of THE ALL with respect to the Western concept of "god".
http://www.okayplayer.com/cgi-bin/dcforum/dcboard.cgi?az=show_thread&om=3291&forum=DCForumID1&archive=yes

3)AFRAKAN SPIRITUALITY -a glimpse into a specific afrikan spiritual system; Yoruba.

4)WALKING DESTRUCTION -a look at European culture from the perspective of mulitple original cultures through time.
http://www.okayplayer.com/cgi-bin/dcforum/dcboard.cgi?az=show_thread&om=2622&forum=DCForumID1&archive=yes

5)AFRAKAN VS. EUROPEAN WORLDVIEW -a look at contrasting ideologies, beliefs and behaviors amongst these two groups.
http://www.okayplayer.com/cgi-bin/dcforum/dcboard.cgi?az=show_thread&om=2427&forum=DCForumID1&archive=yes

6)NATION BUILDING, the BEGINNING -a blue print and discussion on real life work to be done by activists.
http://www.okayplayer.com/cgi-bin/dcforum/dcboard.cgi?az=show_thread&om=2182&forum=DCForumID1&archive=yes

7)AYI KWEI ARMAH -post honoring a distinguished elder doing work for the liberation of afrikan people.
http://www.okayplayer.com/cgi-bin/dcforum/dcboard.cgi?az=show_thread&om=2896&forum=DCForumID1&archive=yes

“One who has not studied the facts has no place in a discussion.” -Mao Zedong (((((PEACE)))))

utamaroho

Wed Aug-08-01 07:05 AM

18. "also..."
In response to Reply # 0

being that the eastern philosphies are distant geographically from the "big 3" i find them to be interesting of study in the area of "religion". they are immune to the semantic chaos and historical ties that the big three share. this is why i think most people of these theologies either have a hard time understanding the Taoist posts i type, or are afraid to takle them at all. they operate on a whole new set of variables and when looking through history, have a better track record. the fact that they cannot be tied firmly to old testament history...they make for a good place to start with understanding the divine with 99% less stuffiness.

HalleluYAH
Charter member
1370 posts
Wed Aug-08-01 07:16 AM

20. "hmmm"
In response to Reply # 18

The old testament is not a western philisophy, it is in fact an eastern philosphy as well...

And if in asking your original question above you meant eastern philsophies(which by the way aren't older than the old testament reffering to one of your earlier posts), I share with you this which does infact piggy back on what I mentioned above-

GOD is all things, man and woman evil and good, it is possessed in the Divine, the ALL...the thing with the old testament or the tanach is that it is a materialism of spiritual laws that man needed in order to support his philosophy...when you studt eastern philosophies with and asian or hindu influence you must also study the physical manifestations of what they are talking about...

The two go hand in hand, and yes although one may be more influenced by man, it is still important....to follow or respect only one is blaspheme to GOD...because GOD created it ALL...

I look at Hinduism for example, and I see the spirituality of what the Psalms speak of...one is physical and the other spiritual..the test for us is to not get caught up in which is better but to attain spirituality and seek the spirituality in both...

One cannot be a Hindu and not follow the spiritual laws of the old testament...

And one cannot follow those spiritual laws without acquiring the desire for spiritual attainment of the evolved Self...

utamaroho

Wed Aug-08-01 07:23 AM

24. "I define what i mean...key word "I""
In response to Reply # 20

>>The old testament is not a western philisophy, it is in fact an eastern philosphy as well...

by my definition...the old testament is western (so is hinduism to an extent). that's all. just to clear up the set of values i'm dealing with. thus if i say old testament= western, it is best to ask WHY I said that vs. assuming i'm operating within your solution set...

>>And if in asking your original question above you meant eastern philsophies(which by the way aren't older than the old testament reffering to one of your earlier posts),

did i say eastern philosophies were older? if so, where?

HalleluYAH
Charter member
1370 posts
Wed Aug-08-01 07:29 AM

27. "RE: I define what i mean...key word "I""
In response to Reply # 24

>
>by my definition...the old testament is
>western (so is hinduism to
>an extent). that's all. just
>to clear up the set
>of values i'm dealing with.
>thus if i say old
>testament= western, it is best
>to ask WHY I said
>that vs. assuming i'm operating
>within your solution set...

How is hinduism and teh old testament a western philosophy in your eyes? I mean I can't ask you to explain someone elses opinion, only yours, and knowing that we don't truly experience the world, that infact we only experience our nervous system, yes I am asking you for your opinion, I like to share, so I'm not trying to be smart, I really wanna know...

>>>And if in asking your original question above you meant eastern philsophies(which by the way aren't older than the old testament reffering to one of your earlier posts),
>
>did i say eastern philosophies were
>older? if so, where?
I didn't say you did, I'm asking if you meant that...key word meant...

I'm just simply asking you to explain...

Halleluhu beerqwiyaoozo
Halleluhu beegvor'otayr
Col han shama
T'hallelYAH
HalleluYAH

utamaroho

Wed Aug-08-01 07:39 AM

33. "for answers, check sig. specifically #5"
In response to Reply # 27

utamaroho

Wed Aug-08-01 08:32 AM

46. "from a little bird"
In response to Reply # 33

>>Indo-Europeans is the keyword for the connection between hinduism and judaism. They were nomadic peoples of Western Asia. The stark distinction between of a world of oppositional duality (light vs. dark) can be seen within the Hebraic faith and other Indo-Europeans groups of the "Mid-East" (see Persian/Iranian beliefs). Also the "sky" male patriarchal god set on violence and destruction can be seen within the Hebrew and Persian faiths and in the later Hindusim faith with "indra." there is a post in Walking Destruction that discusses this.

utamaroho

Wed Aug-08-01 08:35 AM

47. "target"
In response to Reply # 46

http://www.okayplayer.com/cgi-bin/dcforum/dcboard.cgi?az=show_thread&om=2622&forum=DCForumID1&archive=yes#36

logic 101
Charter member
163 posts
Wed Aug-08-01 07:17 AM

21. "13!?!"

or could it be 31?
if you are 13, i wish i was within your school system when i was growing up.
peace

_____sig___________

"as iron sharpens iron, so does one man sharpen another" - Proverbs, Bible

utamaroho

Wed Aug-08-01 07:18 AM

22. "couldn't resist the joke....sorry"
In response to Reply # 21

i'm one score plus three...23 years old

LexM
Charter member
28342 posts
Wed Aug-08-01 07:24 AM

25. "for some reason I thought"
In response to Reply # 22

u were a little younger than me...I don't know why lol

when's your birthday? (maybe I'm STILL older lol)

~~~~

utamaroho

Wed Aug-08-01 07:31 AM

28. "march 23rd"
In response to Reply # 25

and not to be discouraging, but when learning of religions...and especially texts that define those religions...it is best to learn that language...

this is the only reason i'm learning hieroglyphs...to avoid the assumptions of translators ESPECIALLY E.W. Budge...

when reading a western authors interpretation of something foreign (afrikan,eastern, or otherwise) you can only think from his/her perspective...reading what the very people said themselves will give skewed impressions of "waht is".

i've ran into many walls just "learning how to learn" about heiroglyphs...damn kemetians and their 7 dimensional writing concepts...

LexM
Charter member
28342 posts
Wed Aug-08-01 07:40 AM

35. "ha!!"
In response to Reply # 28

I am older!

by like...4 whole days!!

but anyway, I understand what you're saying. that's always a problem in studying anything that wasn't written in your language first. one thing I'm trying to get in the habit of doing is reading the same thing translated by different people and seeing what I can catch between translations.

I actually have another coffee table-type version of the book that seems to read a little differently (from a cursory observation...I haven't delved into either just yet)...I'll have to look up the translator's/editor's names.

~~~~

logic 101
Charter member
163 posts
Wed Aug-08-01 09:22 AM

48. "RE: march 23rd"
In response to Reply # 28

explain 7 dimensional...(i.e.-how is it 7 dimensional? or were you just being facetious?)
i aint think it was deep, but then again i never tried learning heiroglyphs so...
peace

_____sig___________

"as iron sharpens iron, so does one man sharpen another" - Proverbs, Bible

utamaroho

Wed Aug-08-01 09:52 AM

49. "what i meant"
In response to Reply # 48

is that their writing is complex...a concept or idea can be represetned so many ways. to figure why they mean what they mean can be overwhelming...

muzikfiend
Charter member
831 posts
Wed Aug-08-01 07:57 AM

40. "RE: couldn't resist the joke....sorry"
In response to Reply # 22

Damn, I seriously believed you to. I'm alot more gullable than I thought.

stand on my own.

LexM
Charter member
28342 posts
Wed Aug-08-01 07:26 AM

26. "tao, buddhism..."

they make sense to me...I'm unsure why, but ever since I started dabbling in the readings, I found they kind of came together.

most people I know are always saying, "how in the hell can u read that???"

maybe because it kind of flows like poetry, and I write, so...

I think my dad stole my tao te ching....damn him...

~~~~

guerilla_love
Charter member
8273 posts
Wed Aug-08-01 07:39 AM

32. "blind trust"

only when you unearth a solid western framework of comprehending can you understand that there is no knowledge that comes on a solid foundation

western thinking is dependent on absolutes

that is pure ignorance

==**peace**==

"baby,
I'd draw yuh bath
like Picasso..

pick you,
like fruit
off yuh family tree. &
eatcha' honeydew ass,
wet"

-Giovanni

- Amiri Baraka

muzikfiend
Charter member
831 posts
Wed Aug-08-01 08:01 AM

41. "RE: out of character (for a sec)"
In response to Reply # 0

I was trying to think of something thought provoking to post, but it looks like I'm way outta my league here.

stand on my own.

Lobby Okay Activist Archives topic #11979 Previous topic | Next topic