Printer-friendly copy Email this topic to a friend
Lobby Okay Sports Okay Sports Archives topic #19818

Subject: ""The Edge" was overlooked" This topic is locked.
Previous topic | Next topic
DaKnife
Charter member
7863 posts
Tue Jan-09-01 07:31 AM

Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profileClick to add this author to your buddy listClick to send message via AOL IM
""The Edge" was overlooked"

Look, I may sound like I'm taking up for my hometeam, and yeah I am doing that, but could someone answer this, why didn't Edgerrin James get any MVP consideration? Granted, the Colts didn't have a great, hell not even a good year, they barely made the playoffs, but without "The Edge" they never would've been in competition. He won his second straight rushing title in his second year, only the third in history to do that, he's set club records and league records in two years. "Da Balla", as I like to call him, just balls out and doesn't get the amount of respect he deserves.

Here's some stats:
Year 1 1553 yards rushing 17 TDs, led league in rushing
Year 2 1709 yards rushing 13 TDs over 60 catches and almost 600 yards receiving with 5 TDs, set NFL record with most TDs in two years.

Where's the love people? This man justs balls every week. Can he get some respect?

"Cooler than Freddie Jackson, sippin' a milkshake in a snowstorm" Big Boi, So Fresh So Clean

Dictionary- If I say...
Shot- it means shit
Monkey's uncle- muphukka

Playing in the CD player
Outkast- Stankonia
Xzibit- Restless LP
Blackstar
Erykah Badu- Mama's Gun

Shout out to the click
B.A.M. "Bad Azz Muthafuckaz"
Check us out
BroadcastAmerica.com College Radio WCRD 91.3 Ball State Univ. Muncie, IN

Brainchild- Thursdays 10p.m.
DaKnife- "The Fabulous Sports Show" with hip hop/r&b/ol' school jointz Saturdays 9 a.m.
Restlesspoet- "The Session" Saturdays 4 p.m.
Sonlight- "The Symphony" Mondays 10 p.m.

B.A.M. Y'all know the motto!
"Murda on dat azz"

Printer-friendly copy | Top

Topic Outline
Subject Author Message Date ID
Glamor and Glitz
Jan 09th 2001

MisterGrump
Charter member
32144 posts
Tue Jan-09-01 07:35 AM

Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profileClick to add this author to your buddy list
1. "Glamor and Glitz"
In response to Reply # 0

Marshall Faulk took alot of the spotlight away from other cats just because he was in a high production offense. Indy could have competed, but y'all shit sputtered in comparison. Yeah, James was running, but he was Cutlass compared to Faulk's Mitsubishi Mirage.

They love me in the hood, I'm like the Ice Cream Truck!!
(c)JadaKiss

Printer-friendly copy | Top

Lobby Okay Sports Okay Sports Archives topic #19818 Previous topic | Next topic