Printer-friendly copy Email this topic to a friend
Lobby Okay Sports Okay Sports Archives topic #19452

Subject: "Oscar Robertson Appreciation Post" This topic is locked.
Previous topic | Next topic
absence
Charter member
1645 posts
Wed Jan-31-01 03:10 PM

Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profileClick to add this author to your buddy list
"Oscar Robertson Appreciation Post"

The Big O, the best all-round player ever. He averaged a triple double in I think 62 or 63. He AVERAGED A TRIPLE DOUBLE for an entire season. When talking of the all time greats like Russell, Chamberlain, Elgin Baylor, Jordan, Bird, Magic, and John Crotty, you cannot leave the Big O out of the converation.

"At exactly which point do you start to realize/ That life without knowledge is death in disguise." - Talib Kweli

------------------------------

-----------------------------

Printer-friendly copy | Top

Topic Outline
Subject Author Message Date ID
one handed push up
Feb 02nd 2001
yep....n/m
Feb 03rd 2001
RE: Oscar Robertson Appreciation Post
Feb 03rd 2001

absence
Charter member
1645 posts
Fri Feb-02-01 07:03 PM

Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profileClick to add this author to your buddy list
1. "one handed push up"
In response to Reply # 0

I know someone knows some ball in here. Damn.

"At exactly which point do you start to realize/ That life without knowledge is death in disguise." - Talib Kweli

------------------------------

-----------------------------

Wordsmith
Charter member
941 posts
Sat Feb-03-01 04:19 PM

2. "yep....n/m"
In response to Reply # 0

"Straight outta the metro, rhythm central, I'm innovative at the intro" - Bahamadia

DaKnife
Charter member
7863 posts
Sat Feb-03-01 07:47 PM

Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profileClick to add this author to your buddy listClick to send message via AOL IM
3. "RE: Oscar Robertson Appreciation Post"
In response to Reply # 0

The Big "O" is the greatest player in Indiana history, but you'd never know it. People here in the Hoosier state talk about Steve Alford, Damon Bailey, and shot like that, Oscar Robertson led Crispus Attucks High School in Indianapolis(my hometown, Naptown) to back to back state titles in '55 and '56, in the middle of the racial disharmony. For those who don't know, Crispus Attucks was the only high school blacks could go to in Indianapolis until the early 70s. Oscar received death threats while he was in high school in leading his team to the state championships. He wanted to go to Indiana Univ. but multiple death threats kept him away from there, and their racist head coach at the time. I mean the man averaged a triple double in the NBA, that's unheard of. The Big "O", one of the greatest players in basketball history.

"Cooler than Freddie Jackson, sippin' a milkshake in a snowstorm" Big Boi, So Fresh So Clean

"Like Reggie in the fourth, like Jordan in the playoffs, I'm clutch." (c) Da Knife

Dictionary- If I say...
Shot- it means shit
Monkey's uncle- muphukka

Playing in the CD player
Xzibit- At The Speed of Life
Reflection Eternal- Train of Thought
Lil' Wayne- Lights Out (Manny Fresh's beats, wow!)
Erykah Badu- Mama's Gun

Shout out to the click
B.A.M. "Bad Azz Muthafuckaz"
Check us out
BroadcastAmerica.com College Radio WCRD 91.3 Ball State Univ. Muncie, IN

Brainchild- Tuesdays 10p.m.
DaKnife- "The Fabulous Sports Show" with hip hop/r&b/ol' school jointz Saturdays 9 a.m.
Restlesspoet- "The Session" Saturdays 4 p.m.
Sonlight- "The Symphony" Mondays 10 p.m.

B.A.M. Y'all know the motto!
"Murda on dat azz"

Lobby Okay Sports Okay Sports Archives topic #19452 Previous topic | Next topic