Printer-friendly copy Email this topic to a friend
Lobby Okay Sports Okay Sports Archives topic #19174

Subject: "Zo coming back?" This topic is locked.
Previous topic | Next topic
8thlight
Charter member
15497 posts
Tue Mar-27-01 08:11 AM

Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profileClick to add this author to your buddy list
"Zo coming back?"

There's suppose to be a press conference soon to announce that he's going to play the rest of the season and the playoffs. Does this change your view of who is coming out of the east? If the Heat could get Zo at 75% and Eddie Jones back, they could possibly win it all. I still think it's Sixers/Bucks vs. Spurs. But to see the east with the Sixers, Bucks and Heat w/ Zo, that would be some playoffs.

"Quite people aren't the only ones who don't say much." - Bazooka Joe

"Some people get love, but don't command respect/ That's something you can't buy with a check/ Or a Rolle or Lex/ Or icy links that hang from ya neck/ If it's real who needs to deal with the special effect?" - Mos

My legend precedes me, the way lightening precedes thunder.

http://trakt.tv/users/8thlight

@TheH0MIE

Printer-friendly copy | Top

Topic Outline
Subject Author Message Date ID
RE: Zo coming back?
Mar 27th 2001
RE: Zo coming back?
Mar 27th 2001
      but
Mar 27th 2001
           Are you serious?
Mar 27th 2001
                RE: Are you serious?
Mar 27th 2001
Mar 27th 2001
Mar 27th 2001
Mar 28th 2001
                                    All it takes....
Mar 29th 2001
                                         I bet . . .
Mar 29th 2001
                                              that's a fools bet...
Mar 29th 2001
                                                   Just a feeling
Mar 29th 2001
Zo @ 75 % isn't
Mar 27th 2001
RE: Zo @ 75 % isn't
Mar 27th 2001
He's Back
Mar 27th 2001
RE: He's Back
Mar 29th 2001
      Voshon plays for Denver now n/m
Mar 29th 2001

sexymf
Charter member
17891 posts
Tue Mar-27-01 08:21 AM

Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profileClick to add this author to your buddy list
1. "RE: Zo coming back?"
In response to Reply # 0

I still think Milwaukee is too athletic for Miami and Philly, and all it takes is for one of the big three to get hot. I hope Zo is not putting his ego before his health. Working out in practice is one thing, feeling a Dikembe elbow in the wrong spot is much different. I wish him luck.

"If we don't meet no more in this world, I'll meet you in the next one, and don't be late..." Jimi Hendrix

8thlight
Charter member
15497 posts
Tue Mar-27-01 08:29 AM

2. "RE: Zo coming back?"
In response to Reply # 1

I like Philly's D too much to pick against them. I like the Bucks, but I think it's Philly in the finals. But, if the Heat could throw Mason, Jones, Hardaway, Grant and Zo on the floor, that's a lot of talent. And with all of that help Zo would get from them he wouldn't have to do as much as in the past. That's hard to pick against with Riley pulling the strings.

"Some people get love, but don't command respect/ That's something you can't buy with a check/ Or a Rolle or Lex/ Or icy links that hang from ya neck/ If it's real who needs to deal with the special effect?" - Mos

@TheH0MIE

sexymf
Charter member
17891 posts
Tue Mar-27-01 08:54 AM

4. "but"
In response to Reply # 2

Can Philly get back in sync by playoff time? I know they don't want to see Indiana come playoff time. They will lose.

"If we don't meet no more in this world, I'll meet you in the next one, and don't be late..." Jimi Hendrix

8thlight
Charter member
15497 posts
Tue Mar-27-01 10:36 AM

6. "Are you serious?"
In response to Reply # 4

>Can Philly get back in sync
>by playoff time? I know
>they don't want to see
>Indiana come playoff time. They
>will lose.

First of all I think Boston will edge them out for that playoff spot. Secondly I don't feel Indiana is a threat to anyone really. Not as long as Isiah is the coach. This dummy has Rose at the point, when he is a much better 3. That team should be much better than it actually is, but Isiah is too stupid to realize it. Third, Iverson missed five games not fifty. They won't miss a beat.

@TheH0MIE

sexymf
Charter member
17891 posts
Tue Mar-27-01 10:43 AM

7. "RE: Are you serious?"
In response to Reply # 6

Indiana is to Philly what Maryland is to Duke. First of all, Indy will get in. Second of all, they have beaten Philly the last two years, and that is something not lost on either team. A backcourt of Rose and Miller gives Snow and Iverson fits. That hasn't changed. Philly has the superior frontline, but the backcourt is where they will lose.

8thlight
Charter member
15497 posts
Tue Mar-27-01 10:49 AM

8. "RE: Are you serious?"
In response to Reply # 7

This is not last years Pacers. They don't have Mark Jackson, Rik Smits, Antonio Davis or Larry Bird. You can't compare this team with last years team. This team will get out coached if it got in the playoffs. Last year you had two good coaches Larry Bird and Mark Jackson(on court) who knew how to use the talent on that team. This year they don't have one. But, none of this matters because the Celtics will overtake them.

@TheH0MIE

sexymf
Charter member
17891 posts
Tue Mar-27-01 11:13 AM

10. "RE: Are you serious?"
In response to Reply # 8

I'm aware of this year's personnel, but I'm also aware that the backcourt that is most effective against the Sixers is still intact. Isiah IS a little to experimental with the lineup, but they will beat Philly. The Celtics can't possibly keep up this pace.

8thlight
Charter member
15497 posts
Wed Mar-28-01 12:51 PM

11. "RE: Are you serious?"
In response to Reply # 10

Indy's backcourt is nice against the Sixers, but what about the rest of the league. That team would be much better with Jalen in the frontcourt. Plus have the Pacers played the new Sixers yet? I mean with a healthy Eric Snow and Dikembe. The Pacers are due for another slump soon. The Celtics just dropped a lot of dead weight(Pitino) and are on the way up. The same can't be said for the Pacers.

@TheH0MIE

sexymf
Charter member
17891 posts
Thu Mar-29-01 02:48 AM

12. "All it takes...."
In response to Reply # 11

is for Indiana to defeat Boston tomorrow, and suddenly they will be on an upswing.

8thlight
Charter member
15497 posts
Thu Mar-29-01 03:11 AM

13. "I bet . . ."
In response to Reply # 12

that they will beat Boston twice and still find a way not to make the playoffs.

"It's tough to get up at 5 o'clock in the morning, when you're sleeping in silk pajamas." - Marvelous Marvin Hagler

@TheH0MIE

sexymf
Charter member
17891 posts
Thu Mar-29-01 03:25 AM

14. "that's a fools bet..."
In response to Reply # 13

I put more faith in Reggie and Jalen, than I do Pierce and Walker.

8thlight
Charter member
15497 posts
Thu Mar-29-01 05:05 AM

15. "Just a feeling"
In response to Reply # 14

This Pacer team is a little too up and down for me. I don't trust them. It doesn't matter to me who gets in. Because I would love for Reggie to get a ring, but he can't do it with this team, so I have no rooting interest in either team. But, Pierce has been coming on as of late with these 40 point games and Walker is almost averaging a double double. And both are averaging more points than Jalen or Reggie. They are improving at the perfect time.

"It's tough to get up at 5 o'clock in the morning, when you're sleeping in silk pajamas." - Marvelous Marvin Hagler

@TheH0MIE

Shelly
Charter member
15886 posts
Tue Mar-27-01 08:47 AM

Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profileClick to add this author to your buddy list
3. "Zo @ 75 % isn't"
In response to Reply # 0

going to help him or anybody else. Playoff runs get gruesome and no one is going to care about him being ill, they are going to take it to him. I hope he chills until he is 100% his long term health should be his main focus. Miami can't do anything with anybody this season.

Shit happens

8thlight
Charter member
15497 posts
Tue Mar-27-01 10:58 AM

9. "RE: Zo @ 75 % isn't"
In response to Reply # 3

75% as of now. I think he will improve by the time the playoffs start. He could be at 85-90% come playoff time. Besides he doesn't have to be the Zo of last year right now, because he will be playing on a much better team. In previous years he would have to carry the load by himself. He now has Mason and Grant to help him.

@TheH0MIE

bshelly
Charter member
71730 posts
Tue Mar-27-01 10:27 AM

Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profileClick to add this author to your buddy list
5. "He's Back"
In response to Reply # 0

So says espn.com

I agree with what has been said--Zo at 75 percent won't help, and I hope he's not putting his health at risk. If he's at 100 percent, you've gotta think its Philly v. Miami at some point for the East, with the series being an absolute war. As a Philly fan that match up scares me a lot, but I'd still have faith we could get used to Dikembe faster than they could reincoporate Zo with Eddie Jones and Brian Grant.

Oh, and the Sixers ARE NOT losing to the Pacers in the first round.

-----
bshelly: railing against the Industrial Revolution since 1999. Even Adam Smith recognizes:

"The man whose whole life is spent in performing a few simple operations, of which the effects too are, perhaps, always the same, or very nearly the same, has no occassion to exert his understanding, or to exercise his invention in finding out expedients for removing difficulties which never occur. He naturally loses, therefore, the habit of such exertion, and generally becomes as stupid and ignorant as it is possible for a human creature to become." That's my word.

----
bshelly

"You (Fisher) could get fired, Les Snead could get fired, Kevin Demoff could get fired, but I will always be Eric Dickerson.” (c) The God

Solitayre
Charter member
8114 posts
Thu Mar-29-01 08:52 AM

16. "RE: He's Back"
In response to Reply # 5

True indeed and it most certainly is on.
As far as 75%, SHEET, Philly wouldn't want to see him at 65% because Miami is on the verge of being DEEP. look at their bench:

Voshon Lenard: 3 pt threat.

Cedric Ceballos: I haven't gotten a chance to REALLY pay attention to what his game looks like THIS year but in previous year's he was a GREAT roleplayer. I used to think of him in the same vein as Elden Campbell, very underrated.

AC Green: This virgin is an old pro very acquainted with playoff floor direction.

Dan Majerle: Not exactly the "Thunder Dan" we remember but c'mon let's be serious. Would YOU leave HIM OPEN on the PERIMETER?!

Anthony Carter: He hasn't shown me shit this season when I had the opportunity to watch a Heat game, but as a Knick/Orlando fan I can say this. You never know what to expect of him. I highly doubt his presence will make a difference, however, I believe the sleeper hit of the post - season will be these guys...

Bruce Bowen: He plays tough Defense. He hits for the most part. And the best thing about both of those facts is that the league is still sleeping on him. I'm talking about people see him on the perimeter and WILL NOT STEP OUT! WTF!!! And then have the nerve to look shocked when it drops?! Lastly, the TRUE SLEEPER OF THE POST-SEASON (besides Jermaine O'Neal, but that's the Pacers),

EDDIE HOUSE: This kid should NEVER BE LEFT TO TAKE AN OPEN LOOK!! I REPEAT: DON'T LET HIM TAKE AN OPEN LOOK!!! He has excellent shot selection, confidence in his jumper, and feathers for fingers!!! He gets no minutes, but when he does he scores, the last av I checked was about 10 min and 6 pts. game. This number is MORE than not bad. You better tell those taller, more experienced shooting guards don't sleep. If they leave him on the floor I think he could score some big points on the swing.

sexymf
Charter member
17891 posts
Thu Mar-29-01 09:00 AM

17. "Voshon plays for Denver now n/m"
In response to Reply # 16

Lobby Okay Sports Okay Sports Archives topic #19174 Previous topic | Next topic