Printer-friendly copy Email this topic to a friend
Lobby Okay Sports Okay Sports Archives topic #18670

Subject: "The Lakers will repeat" This topic is locked.
Previous topic | Next topic
apollocreed
Charter member
63 posts
Sun Apr-08-01 05:28 PM

Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profileClick to add this author to your buddy list
"The Lakers will repeat"

Proof today indicates their dominance. Look at them. They have kobe, shaq, and phil. phil is the king of crap players. Remember the bulls, they hired someone just to REBOUND! You may want to call them role players, but to me they do their job, get little or no credit(ego stroke to superstars), and are cheap labor. The only team that can put together some wins against them is San Antonio. I may see them winning with homefield advantage, but thats it. I'm a sixers fan but reality bites and all i see is repeat. The Lakers weakness is at pf and pg. Horace Grant's d has been a bonus to kind of help the equation but punishment there is the key. Someone also needs to smother fisher to cough up the ball for turnovers and scores. What team can do that effectively?

Printer-friendly copy | Top

Topic Outline
Subject Author Message Date ID
Don't see them getting past SA
Apr 08th 2001
yeah right
Apr 09th 2001
RE: yeah right
Apr 09th 2001
      last year
Apr 09th 2001
you can keep saying that to
Apr 09th 2001
San Antonio All the Way
Russell
Apr 09th 2001
I don't think
Apr 09th 2001
RE: you can keep saying that to
Apr 09th 2001
      Fakers don't have
Apr 09th 2001
Spurs vs. Sixers
Apr 09th 2001
Sixers ???
Apr 09th 2001

NSZ
Charter member
1513 posts
Sun Apr-08-01 08:27 PM

Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profileClick to add this author to your buddy list
1. "Don't see them getting past SA"
In response to Reply # 0

'Not merely a concrete test of the underlying principles of the great republic is the Negro Problem, and the spiritual striving of the freedmen's sons is the travail of souls whose burden is almost beyond the measure of their strength, but the name of this land of their fathers' fathers, and in the name of human opportunity'-- W.E.B. Du Bois

sexymf
Charter member
17891 posts
Mon Apr-09-01 02:20 AM

Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profileClick to add this author to your buddy list
2. "yeah right"
In response to Reply # 0

Even at full strength they can't beat San Antonio, and if Harp doesn't come back injury free, they ain't going nowhere.

"If we don't meet no more in this world, I'll meet you in the next one, and don't be late..." Jimi Hendrix

apollocreed
Charter member
63 posts
Mon Apr-09-01 06:01 AM

6. "RE: yeah right"
In response to Reply # 2

come on...shaq has always had the admirals number...the x factor in that series is tim duncan...you forgot kobe...his killer instinct...both him and shaq finish games...peep last years playoff performance

sexymf
Charter member
17891 posts
Mon Apr-09-01 06:47 AM

Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profileClick to add this author to your buddy list
11. "last year"
In response to Reply # 6

means nothing, because they aren't last year's team. And Tim is more than an x-factor he is the man on that team, and considering how weak LA's frontline is, the Admiral will create huge problems. The last time these two teams played at full strength in the playoffs, the Spurs swept y'all, but again that means nothing.

"If we don't meet no more in this world, I'll meet you in the next one, and don't be late..." Jimi Hendrix

Shelly
Charter member
15886 posts
Mon Apr-09-01 05:08 AM

3. "you can keep saying that to"
In response to Reply # 0

yourself, but it ain't gonna happen.

the Kings are going to win. Sixers are going to be Eastern Conference Champs, they may take the Western Conference champ to a game Seven, but they don't have the big man or the second scorer they need to pull it off.

Shit happens

Russell

Mon Apr-09-01 05:26 AM

4. "San Antonio All the Way"
In response to Reply # 3

The Lakers have proven that they cannot play as a team and they will continue to do so this year. And the King's don't stand a chance. A Championship isn't won with flash or big money players, it's all about stability and teamwork. You have to win consistently to get through the playoffs and no other team has the ability to do that but the Spurs.

Russell

Shelly
Charter member
15886 posts
Mon Apr-09-01 06:03 AM

7. "I don't think"
In response to Reply # 4

Sac's all flash. I think they are a good strong team. The problem with San Antonio age. If it came down to Sac and SA in the Western Finals I'll put my money on Sacramento.

Shit happens

apollocreed
Charter member
63 posts
Mon Apr-09-01 06:04 AM

8. "RE: you can keep saying that to"
In response to Reply # 3

which one of those guys are guarding shaq...vlade?...thats funny...horace grant can hold cwebb to about 20 ive seen it this season...kobe will be tough for pedja to defend...but its kobe
shaq smashes
kobe slashes
the end.

Shelly
Charter member
15886 posts
Mon Apr-09-01 06:07 AM

10. "Fakers don't have"
In response to Reply # 8

team unity. Whne they are off they are off. Unless they come back together fast, they are done.

Look at the previous years, every time there's fighting between Shaq and Kobe they lose.

Shit happens

KayDee
Charter member
25731 posts
Mon Apr-09-01 05:50 AM

5. "Spurs vs. Sixers"
In response to Reply # 0

right now, I can't even see the Lakers beating the Kings in a playoff series.

Shelly
Charter member
15886 posts
Mon Apr-09-01 06:05 AM

9. "Sixers ???"
In response to Reply # 5

With the return of Alonzo Mourning , I'm very skeptical about the SIxers chances now. I like them and hope they win, but they have a fight on their hands coming out of the East. And don't sllep on NY.

Shit happens

Lobby Okay Sports Okay Sports Archives topic #18670 Previous topic | Next topic