Printer-friendly copy Email this topic to a friend
Lobby Okay Sports Okay Sports Archives topic #12335

Subject: ""A yo I loved the Bo Jacksons......." This topic is locked.
Previous topic | Next topic
Dstl1
Charter member
56226 posts
Thu Mar-14-02 11:31 AM

Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profileClick to add this author to your buddy list
""A yo I loved the Bo Jacksons......."

the orange and blue"--Noriega

Remember back in the day (and sometimes now) we would call shoes by the name of the athlete that rocked them instead of the actual name? What kind did you sport? What kind do you sport now? Back in '93 I had the Barkley's-- all black with the red and blue in em'. Also had the Air Maestro aka Gary Payton's or John Stockton's depending on who you liked best. Countless pairs of Jordans. The first Fila Grant Hill joints. All colors of the Air Huraches (sp?) also known as the first Deion's. Then I had the actual Deion's with the red, black and gold mesh flap. I even had the Dee Brown's with the basketball pump on the tongue. Today I pretty much rock retro Jordans. Got all the Nike Kevin Garnett's. Prolly grab the T-Mac's in a couple of colors. Holla back!!!

"Cornrows in his hair, still slingin' got a crew. They break his mom's furniture watchin' 'Comic View'"--Nas

...I'm from the era when A.I. was the answer, now they think ai is the answer - Marlon Craft

Printer-friendly copy | Top

Topic Outline
Subject Author Message Date ID
Dee Brown's!!
Mar 14th 2002
James Worthy's
Mar 14th 2002
Oh shit, son...........
Mar 14th 2002
      yeah
Mar 14th 2002
don't front...
Mar 14th 2002
Jason Kidd's circa 96
Mar 14th 2002
ewing's!!!
Mar 14th 2002
RE: ewing's!!!
Mar 14th 2002
haha, those were mad ugly.
Mar 15th 2002
The First Ewing's
Mar 18th 2002
i had Andre Agassi's
Mar 14th 2002
RE: i had the mugsy bogues's n/m
Mar 14th 2002
Remember 'Nem...
Mar 14th 2002
u mean these
Mar 15th 2002
nope
Mar 17th 2002
RE: i had Andre Agassi's
Mar 18th 2002
remember the David Robinson's?
Mar 14th 2002
Tim Hardaways...
Mar 14th 2002
man, you got me going back
Mar 14th 2002
RE: man, you got me going back
Mar 14th 2002
RE: Tim Hardaways...
Mar 18th 2002
The Penny's
Mar 15th 2002
RE: The Penny's
Mar 16th 2002
      Air Huaraches
Mar 16th 2002
I can get you all of them for a price.
Mar 17th 2002
Webber's circa 1995
Mar 18th 2002
Dikembe Mutombo's
Mar 18th 2002
RE: Dikembe Mutombo's
Mar 19th 2002
No Deion's???
Mar 19th 2002

Kmiggidy
Charter member
411 posts
Thu Mar-14-02 11:37 AM

Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profileClick to add this author to your buddy listClick to send message via AOL IM
1. "Dee Brown's!!"
In response to Reply # 0

I made my high school squad get 'em. Loved the pump jawn. Got the crowd hype when fools hit the pump before bangin' it in the pep rally!

Oh, I had the Isiah's & Mark Agguire's too, when all the teams came out with the converse jawns.

Never could afford Jordans. Shit, still can't. Them shits is $200 dollars.

**And now, back to your regularly scheduled program...**

"Give me an ounce of some honesty, some innocence and a cup of loyalty. A table spoon of some attitude, and of course a pinch of freak!!" Musiq (w/ A.Stone )-how do we make love? (and what is it truly made of?)

"Your funny dude... you really think you can do me when you roll a 500 thats really a 320... You shouldda let somebody else hook it! Numbers look crooked, like King Kong shook it..." Jay-D

"My mind's telling me no... but my body, my body's telling me yes!" - Robert (R.)Kelly

" Do what you feel in your heart to be right-for you'll be criticized
anyway. You'll be damned if you do and damned if you don't."
-- Eleanor Roosevelt

sexymf
Charter member
17891 posts
Thu Mar-14-02 11:43 AM

Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profileClick to add this author to your buddy list
2. "James Worthy's"
In response to Reply # 0

If I don't meet you no more in this world then I'll meet you in the next one and don't be late-Jimi Hendrix

Dstl1
Charter member
56226 posts
Thu Mar-14-02 11:45 AM

Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profileClick to add this author to your buddy list
3. "Oh shit, son..........."
In response to Reply # 2

remember the Converse "Weapons" where Magic and Bird hopped out the limousine and play one on one. The shoes were ugly as shit and had a hella thick soul, but people still rocked em'.

"Cornrows in his hair, still slingin' got a crew. They break his mom's furniture watchin' 'Comic View'"--Nas

...I'm from the era when A.I. was the answer, now they think ai is the answer - Marlon Craft

sexymf
Charter member
17891 posts
Thu Mar-14-02 11:54 AM

Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profileClick to add this author to your buddy list
5. "yeah"
In response to Reply # 3

we old dawg

If I don't meet you no more in this world then I'll meet you in the next one and don't be late-Jimi Hendrix

disco dj
Charter member
84260 posts
Thu Mar-14-02 11:52 AM

4. "don't front..."
In response to Reply # 0

I'm STILL sporting Chuck Taylors. And nobody on earth could pick his "been dead for thirty years" ass out of a lineup...

or check out http://www.djseanhaley.djcentral.com
*NOW WITH UPDATED RELEASE SECTION!!!!*

http://www.windimoto.com

http://ten2one.wordpress.com/ <-FEB

http://wallpapershi.net/wallpapers/2012/01/boba-fett-star-wars-star-wars-boba-fett-movie-anime-1080x1920.jpg

S_Ali
Charter member
1479 posts
Thu Mar-14-02 12:00 PM

6. "Jason Kidd's circa 96"
In response to Reply # 0

The black suede joints.

My hottest sneakers I ever owned.
The Nike Hirachi's 92. The white and gold joints. or the Nike ACG joints circa 1990 the black/grey joints with the light green stripe.

Old School
Adidas Top Tens
Air Force 1 - they have reached all time classic status now. But when they first came out, they were the ish for real.
Reebok Classics - They were so hot when they first came out in 89/90.
New Balance - 995/996 All time classic in DC.
Adidas Superstar - The high top joints with the red stripe. HEAT!!!

CAn't forget about the Nike Safari joints. I couldn't get him because my man had them. But they were hot. The brown joints.

Nobody can be you but you - Steve Arrington

roamr1
Charter member
18832 posts
Thu Mar-14-02 12:08 PM

7. "ewing's!!!"
In response to Reply # 0

oh wait, that was the name of the brand.

if you'll be happy with nothing, you'll be so very happy with me(c)ben harper

Walleye
Charter member
15521 posts
Thu Mar-14-02 05:50 PM

15. "RE: ewing's!!!"
In response to Reply # 7

I saw Patrick Ewing once, and he was wearing the Ewings. He was waiting for his limo out in front of National Airport (NOT Reagan Airport) and I was with my family, staring at the ground because I was 13 and embarassed to be seen with my parents, and I saw these enormous pair of Patrick Ewing endorsed sneakers right next to me. I thought, "Damn, those are some loud shoes. I don't think I'd wear those unless I was paid to." Then, I looked up and there was Patrick Ewing, sporting his Ewings and waiting for a ride.

I nodded at him like I was cool and would keep his secret, and he seemed to understand. So, it's worth noting that he did in fact wear the Ewings in his free, off camera time.

"Don't waste good time"

--John Ngugi

"Walleye, a lot of things are going to go wrong in your life that technically aren't your fault. Always remember that this doesn't make you any less of an idiot"

--Walleye's Dad

roamr1
Charter member
18832 posts
Fri Mar-15-02 07:23 AM

17. "haha, those were mad ugly."
In response to Reply # 15

if you'll be happy with nothing, you'll be so very happy with me(c)ben harper

PuertoRicanJudo
Charter member
2963 posts
Mon Mar-18-02 10:21 AM

26. "The First Ewing's"
In response to Reply # 7

the joints by adidas was aight though.

"This is some BULLSHIT" (c) me at Central Booking

DonKnutts
Charter member
27064 posts
Thu Mar-14-02 02:51 PM

8. "i had Andre Agassi's"
In response to Reply # 0

when they first came out... I'll admit that they were a real fruity looking sneaker. It was like an off pink on the heel, I can't even describe the color, with little designs and they were like mid-size joints. This was back when dude looked like Whitesnake on the court.

ugotsumbigteef
Charter member
390 posts
Thu Mar-14-02 02:56 PM

9. "RE: i had the mugsy bogues's n/m"
In response to Reply # 8

peace

maanumental1
Charter member
36 posts
Thu Mar-14-02 03:03 PM

11. "Remember 'Nem..."
In response to Reply # 9

...Nikes that Kool Kim was rockin on the cover of the UMC's album. Y'know, the cover that Martin Lawrence had on his wall, in his apartment, on his show. I wonder if he ever heard the album?

Johnny
Charter member
4446 posts
Fri Mar-15-02 07:17 PM

18. "u mean these"
In response to Reply # 8

http://www.retrokid.com/kicks/kicktionary/Misc/AirTechChallenge3/ATC3WhtGrn.html

...random ras kass quote...
//how nice i represent don't pay the rent//

DonKnutts
Charter member
27064 posts
Sun Mar-17-02 02:44 PM

22. "nope"
In response to Reply # 18

but I remember those. The ones I had came out before those, they weren't neon green but more like pink/peach on the heel.

jigga
Charter member
31583 posts
Mon Mar-18-02 08:29 AM

23. "RE: i had Andre Agassi's"
In response to Reply # 8

flourescent green ones were better...although still a lil fruity. The white and black ones that he has now are pretty sick tho. I'm rockin em

Screw you guys...I'm goin home -Cartman

The mother of civilization, wants 2 know my occupation, home location and means of transportation. The correct combination unlocks her placenta. Ive got a cellular phone w/ a rubba antenna, own a 3 story house, drive a 4 door Ac, favorite song of all time, Mobb Deeps hit it from the back...then jet. -Ras Kass

...she said, "Do you have a car? Is your shit up 2 par?" Damn! a nigga need a resume just sittin at tha bar! -Ras Kass

Cuz bitches are like flies(why)they attract 2 the best shit. -Ras Kass

Cowards make a little cheese, then enlarge artificially, like Pamela Anderson Lee's double D's, please! I'm bangin from Belize 2 Tel Aviv in tha Red Sea racin Saddam Hussien on Kawasaki jet skies. -Ras Kass

18 willin rednecks, sendin me death threats, cuz their niece fantasize about wet sex, when I'm in her headsets. -Opio from Souls of Mischief

Tryin 2 do all I can do in this car...her mom's Jaguar -A-plus from Souls of Mischief

You think you're able 2 label the Hiero sound? You still havent found a comparable variable -Del

You live on the edge? I live on the San Andreas. -Evidence

I AINT GOT TIME 4 NO JIBBA JABBA!!!-Mr.T

AZ
Charter member
12930 posts
Thu Mar-14-02 03:01 PM

10. "remember the David Robinson's?"
In response to Reply # 0

they were huge and had that big air pocket. I still really wanted them though. The first Pippens were pretty nice too, and they were only around $85. My favorite, besides Jordans, were the Barkleys. I think they were midtops, Blue and red, they had the air pocket too.

Shaggy
Charter member
5587 posts
Thu Mar-14-02 05:01 PM

12. "Tim Hardaways..."
In response to Reply # 0

at least I think that is what they were...the black and gray joints

jahlove7
Charter member
10743 posts
Thu Mar-14-02 05:14 PM

Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profileClick to add this author to your buddy listClick to send message via AOL IM
13. "man, you got me going back"
In response to Reply # 12

to back in the day when i had the the spotbilt "juice" (o.j. simpson) football cleats. of course i rocked chuck taylors back then. and i had the john woodens by bata. those were the lightest shoes ever. they could float on top of the water. damn, i also used to rock the nike "ice" sneakers (george gervin), the bob mcadoo's (pony), the kareem by adidas and of course all everything from jordan on up. (i'm basically a nike guy) man, those were the days. i need to pick out my 'fro on this post.

inaugural member - okayplayer sports hall of fame.

what i'm digging right now:

chocolate butterfly - self-titled
laura jane - welcome to my planet boo
me & this japanese guy - waiting for the miracle
wade3 - dreams
tracey amos - who are we really?

FrancisX
Charter member
329 posts
Thu Mar-14-02 05:24 PM

14. "RE: man, you got me going back"
In response to Reply # 13

Gotta love the, Akeem (before he added the H) Olajuwan's I think Spalding made them, the only joints you could cop in Fayva.
peace
FXS
26+6=1

"Talking about a revolution sounds like a whisper." - Tracy Chapman

<-----Avatar Pic, thanks to
?uestlove

jigga
Charter member
31583 posts
Mon Mar-18-02 08:37 AM

24. "RE: Tim Hardaways..."
In response to Reply # 12

>at least I think that is
>what they were...the black and
>gray joints

The Air Raids. W/ the double cross strap specifically 4 outdoor ballin. Those shoes were nice and Spike Lee hooked up the ill ads 4 em as well. "I got SKILLZ!"

The mother of civilization, wants 2 know my occupation, home location and means of transportation. The correct combination unlocks her placenta. Ive got a cellular phone w/ a rubba antenna, own a 3 story house, drive a 4 door Ac, favorite song of all time, Mobb Deeps hit it from the back...then jet. -Ras Kass

...she said, "Do you have a car? Is your shit up 2 par?" Damn! a nigga need a resume just sittin at tha bar! -Ras Kass

Cowards make a little cheese, then enlarge artificially, like Pamela Anderson Lee's double D's, please! I'm bangin from Belize 2 Tel Aviv in tha Red Sea racin Saddam Hussien on Kawasaki jet skies. -Ras Kass

18 willin rednecks, sendin me death threats, cuz their niece fantasize about wet sex, when I'm in her headsets. -Opio from Souls of Mischief

Tryin 2 do all I can do in this car...her mom's Jaguar -A-plus from Souls of Mischief

You think you're able 2 label the Hiero sound? You still havent found a comparable variable -Del

delafro
Charter member
3352 posts
Fri Mar-15-02 07:22 AM

16. "The Penny's"
In response to Reply # 0

White and plue, with that one cent thing on the side
The first shoes to have "Zoom Air" in them.... oooh cool

illegal
Charter member
78381 posts
Sat Mar-16-02 06:35 AM

19. "RE: The Penny's"
In response to Reply # 16

"Who's the man, that has ALLLL the moves (Air Penny! Air Penny!). Who's the man, with the COOLEST shoes (Air Penny! Air Penny!)"

illegal

"I saw it on the internet, so you know it's true. Cuz that's only for white people." - D.L. Hughley

when I come around, they frown
then wanna dap me down
but when I leave?

RTQL8
Charter member
586 posts
Sat Mar-16-02 11:20 PM

20. "Air Huaraches"
In response to Reply # 19

i couldn't to grab these babies when i found out they would be re-released....and first day i had em on the court kats would jus burst..."FAB 5!!! FAB 5!!! MY MAN'S ROCKIN THE FAB 5 JOINTS!!!"....haha

http://www.instyleshoes.com/images/kicks/679083001front.jpg
http://www.instyleshoes.com/images/kicks/679083001.jpg

--------------------------

NazDak
Charter member
2168 posts
Sun Mar-17-02 10:36 AM

21. "I can get you all of them for a price."
In response to Reply # 0

Bo Jacksons, Hurrachies, Vintage Jordans, Grant Hills, you name it.
It will cost you though. Anybody interested, Inbox me.
Naz

www.foreverbrandy.com

Full Moon...in stores NOW!!!

Wanna Join a Street Team? Need a college credit internship? Resume Builder? Trying to shop your demo?
Email Me:
promo@bluechip-productions.com

Check out the website...see some of what we do:
Http://www.bluechip-productions.com
BlueChip Productions, LLC.

Muzic Theory shall return!
www.muzictheory.com
www.myspace.com/muzictheory

Mez
Charter member
278 posts
Mon Mar-18-02 10:14 AM

25. "Webber's circa 1995"
In response to Reply # 0

This was around the time Air Max 95 came out. Webber's shoe had the air bubbles as well. I had them in the black and blue colors, with the #2 on the Achilles. They kinda looked like the Jordan's at the time, the one with all his accomplishments on the sole of the shoe. Same style.

I also had the above mentioned sneakers: Barkley's 92, Jordan's 88-91, and the Ewings. The Ewing's were actually good skate shoes because their soles were mad thick. Addidas reissued a pair just recently, I think they call them something else. They're in Knick colorways and everything.

Mez

"Brown is Beautiful"

ShinobiShaw
Charter member
48550 posts
Mon Mar-18-02 11:43 AM

27. "Dikembe Mutombo's"
In response to Reply # 0

how can yall forget them kinte cloth joints that Mutombo had. Do you remember his commercial? Nigga was on tv doing clicks and whilstles and said some shit like

"agumbiya bum bi la agawba..........buy my shoes"

to this day I still fall over laughing from that.

Do you guys remember the Nike max's that had those big ass straps that formed an "X" on the front. came out the same time Malcom X did?

http://soundcloud.com/djshinobishaw
http://www.rareformnyc.com
http://twitter.com/DJShinobiShaw
https://twitter.com/RareFormNYC
PSN: ShinobiShaw

"Arm Leg Leg Arm How you doin?" (c)T510

jigga
Charter member
31583 posts
Tue Mar-19-02 06:37 AM

28. "RE: Dikembe Mutombo's"
In response to Reply # 27

>how can yall forget them kinte
>cloth joints that Mutombo had.
>Do you remember his commercial?
>Nigga was on tv doing
>clicks and whilstles and said
>some shit like
>
>"agumbiya bum bi la agawba..........buy my
>shoes"
>
>to this day I still fall
>over laughing from that.

LOL!

>Do you guys remember the Nike
>max's that had those big
>ass straps that formed an
>"X" on the front. came
>out the same time Malcom
>X did?

Yeah those were Tim Hardaways Air Raid's, The outdoor ballin shoe Spike Lee did ad's 4 w/ Timmy tellin him, "I got SKILLZ!" after Spike tried 2 clown his knuckleball J

self_ish
Charter member
2117 posts
Tue Mar-19-02 10:07 AM

29. "No Deion's???"
In response to Reply # 0

Cats was rockin' the mess out of the ones he had in the Road Runner commercial. And remember those turf shoes that Florida wore in the Sugar Bowl sometime in the mid nineties. I used to see plenty of brothers wearing those around.

Maintain

==================================================
purĀ·poseĀ·ful - New Album by Jasper Brown now available on digital/streaming platforms. CDs also available via Bandcamp: https://smarturl.it/purposeful

Lobby Okay Sports Okay Sports Archives topic #12335 Previous topic | Next topic