Printer-friendly copy Email this topic to a friend
Lobby Freestyle Board Freestyle Board Archives topic #9970

Subject: "YUKON MAGAZINE.IX" This topic is locked.
Previous topic | Next topic
blak_yukon
Charter member
3901 posts
Mon Nov-29-04 10:56 AM

Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profileClick to add this author to your buddy list
"YUKON MAGAZINE.IX"
Sun Nov-28-04 11:40 PM by KnowOne

Greetings, world...Uncle Blak again with number 9. Can you believe we've been going for almost a year now? I'd like to give a shout out to all who participated thus far. Yall are the one's that make this work by being willing to talk straight up with me and the rest of us here on The Freestyle Boards. Let's pick up where we left off at back in October. This month I caught up with Robynwildchild, she came around that transition period from the so-called "Golden Era" to were we're at lately. Just steadily doing her thing, thing...Lets see what she's about.

YM: Robynwildchild, more like...robyn-aches-for-love-all-the-while-romp-with-men-asifa-child.Care to comment?

Well....I can't stay away from the opposite sex... even when I try and I entangle myself into all kinds of situations. Exciting? yes, emotional?, yes, pushing my limits?, yes. Thought I've never since I can remember been one for a serious relationship. It’s my Gemini love of variety I suppose... options options options... it takes a certain amount of time for me to settle in with the idea of anyone getting to know me. My defenses and insecurities tear down and rebuild on a daily basis with most everyone. It's complex and emotional. I am single…but I have fun everywhere I go... It's good to be me and other times I absofucking hate me... hate love me you ...I'm an emotional swinger.

YM: You said in response to ladeedef's comments of your piece "9/10ths of universal law". Clearly...obsession is the sister to addiction. We are all enlightened by the thought of owning something wonderful or at least finding satisfaction in what we adore. Again, that idea of longing persists. What do you feel in your life you are content with? Any achievements? On whatever level is it personal, spiritually, financially?

Thank you... it is true these 2 ideas are both capable of transforming us and pointing life in a new direction, whether positive or negative. I'm content at the level of self knowledge that I have acquired over the years through my experiences with people. I find myself more open and curious bout a lot of things: sexual, cultural, material, art, music, food. My personal obsession is whatever propels me forward into expression. My achievements include just being here and paying the bills, graduating college after dropping out because I couldn't afford it... moving to a city far from home and finding that there are and always will be people there to help me and befriend me. I've come to understand the laws of karma and give unto others and other will do unto you... I've succeeded in becoming responsible for my own actions and standing on my own 2 feet, financially, spiritually, mentally. Strength doesn't start at home it starts in your attitude to be something.

YM: You are definitely one of the more consistent writers here. From what I've seen, it's almost more rhyming than poetry. Are you more emcee than poet? What is the Robyn style?

Hmm... Style... is how it comes out, is just what my brain pieces together... I got friends who can just flow outright in the middle of a car ride to a beat and spit it like the wind in chi-town but for me it just flows through my brain like that... I'm off the wall with some things I say and downright stupid with other things... sometimes I re read what I was thinking bout and say wow and other times I'm like really Robyn what the fuck are you whining about? I used to read a lot of lyrics in cd covers since I was young, U2, Pearl Jam, Bon Jovi... but there's all kinds of music. I can't go through it all, but my pieces start out as music in my brain...words that strain... create the pain on the edge of the page... rip... tear ... Rage... for the most part life gets the emotions flowing and imagery combines with words and emotions .. I'm filled with lots of creative thoughts... that's the style I can own up to...some of them real... some of them fictitious... whatever appeals to you ... everyone sees something different.

YM: You're not only consistent with the posts, but also with the responses. Particularly with Wildout...are you guys the next Frak and Blaze?*Optional, but than again so are any of these questions*

Well he lives in Toronto, Canada, and I live in Philadelphia, pa...we've never met in real life but I do adore his art form very much...he's a very intelligent guy who is goin through life with heart and soul. We had some musing collabs last year and I loved those... he's not afraid, he moves, shakes, has been shaken... forward... I respect that in him. I know we connect on a level beyond this one... I've seen it proven more than once... it's hard to explain if you don't know what I'm talking bout... But... I feel him and that's why I respond;I like to show him that I support him. He is one of my favorites on okayplayer.

YM: Has the coochie hair grown back since your election protest?

Who said I was letting it grow back? Is George W. still in office?? Who needs it... it just gets in his teeth anyway... lol smooooth as silk.

YM: If Robyn hadn't discovered (or was sucked into) okayplayer.com.Would she still post her thoughts on the internet? Any particular site(s)?

I would like to thank 1spirit1 for directing me to okayplayer.com...even if I found the freestyle board on my own... and no... I don't think I would have found another site. I'd prolly be writing novels without appreciation and valid acknowledgement of my inner struggle It... through its design, function and expression...

YM: Anything else you wanna share with the audience before we jet?

I appreciate the opportunity to express. And to be able to read everyone's pieces. I'm glad our community is what it is. I lurk on posts and respond to some. I want everyone to find their way through the maze. Paint something, go out and do something... be wrong be right be nice be mean... as long as your true to what you what you say and do... the road will always find you a path to travel along... peace to everyone.

thanks blak!

LOVE ROBYNWILDCHILD

...i'm back,bitches!...watch for the red flag!

----------sig-----------

http://unclevicart.com/

me and the fellas would converge and heat up some Hot Pockets in preparation for Rap City.© Roc

dude, getting a response from the folks at freestyle is like watching water boil...© Tek

Printer-friendly copy | Top

Topic Outline
Subject Author Message Date ID
Thas' Mah Gyrl -- (((THE WILDCHILD)))
Nov 29th 2004
It... through its design, function and expression...
Nov 29th 2004
*nods*
Nov 29th 2004
gotta come back & finish...could'nt get past this..
Nov 29th 2004
This was a dope read.
Nov 30th 2004
for rob
Nov 30th 2004
awww
Dec 01st 2004
RE: YUKON MAGAZINE.IX
Dec 01st 2004
got that ass on national exposure now.......
Dec 01st 2004
*giggles at shaven coochie hair*
Dec 01st 2004
yukon
Dec 01st 2004
....so quirky that robyn is
Dec 02nd 2004
i hate to
Dec 06th 2004
lol
Dec 07th 2004
      got it
Dec 07th 2004
another great piece:)
Dec 15th 2004
thanks everyone
Dec 30th 2004

PhotoSynthesis
Charter member
16101 posts
Mon Nov-29-04 12:13 PM

Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profileClick to add this author to your buddy list
1. "Thas' Mah Gyrl -- (((THE WILDCHILD)))"
In response to Reply # 0
Mon Nov-29-04 12:51 PM

Thank for opening up your floral bloom so we could take a whiff! -- *chuckles*

The fragrance is definitely YOU! -- ;^) -- Definitely daring, risky, emotional and adventurous.

And Blak darlin' -- YOU DONE DID IT AGAIN! -- *No Doubt*

(I was hopin' my subscription hadn't expired already!!! -- *LoL*)

A guitar string vibrating, a measure of my soul, a breech in the silence --
I've always felt like words come through me & I write them down... they have no master --- gsquared ♥

http://www.soundclick.com/bands/2/photosynthesis_music.htm

blak_yukon
Charter member
3901 posts
Mon Nov-29-04 12:26 PM

2. "It... through its design, function and expression..."
In response to Reply # 0

Robyn would go on to say...she truly adores this site...

pologize about that...my bad

blk

----------sig-----------

http://unclevicart.com/

me and the fellas would converge and heat up some Hot Pockets in preparation for Rap City.© Roc

dude, getting a response from the folks at freestyle is like watching water boil...© Tek

soulchild
Member since Dec 25th 2003
1272 posts
Mon Nov-29-04 12:28 PM

Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profileClick to add this author to your buddy listClick to send message via AOL IM
3. "*nods*"
In response to Reply # 0

luh dis mag!

*claps*

KnowOne
Charter member
39942 posts
Mon Nov-29-04 02:01 PM

Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profileClick to add this author to your buddy listClick to send message via AOL IM
4. "gotta come back & finish...could'nt get past this.."
In response to Reply # 0

>YM: Has the coochie hair grown back since your election
>protest?
>Who needs it... it just gets in his teeth anyway...
>lol smooooth as silk.

IG: KnowOne215 | PS+ ID: KnowOne215

DeCisive
Member since Feb 18th 2004
1985 posts
Tue Nov-30-04 06:11 AM

5. "This was a dope read."
In response to Reply # 0

I enjoyed this. Robyn you are a well spoken woman. Dope series of questions black.

~Complex with the creative content on a conquest with concepts and context as concrete as poetry
~Its real and ill when I be sitting still yet still rocking to my mental rhythme.
~Its just right when I write

http://www.myspace.com/decisive147

clarion
Member since Jul 07th 2003
9469 posts
Tue Nov-30-04 11:39 AM

6. "for rob"
In response to Reply # 0

gurl you are one of the most creative creatures that we have on here, im glad that yukon interviewed u...may u continue to write ur expressions & we will continue to read..

robynwildchild
Member since May 06th 2003
4550 posts
Wed Dec-01-04 07:12 AM

8. "awww"
In response to Reply # 6

thank you *hug*

i'm speechless!

WE are all very creative! and i LOVE IT!

~~~~~~~~ luv R.
https://www.facebook.com/robyn.wildchild12
psycho.
"Institutions encourage us to consider the opinions they sell as "facts" and that we "believe" rather than question the morality they pitch."
cities need fewer shopping malls and more skat

Nowachaoticthing
Member since Dec 24th 2002
2178 posts
Wed Dec-01-04 06:05 AM

7. "RE: YUKON MAGAZINE.IX"
In response to Reply # 0

A very interesting interview... always a pleasure to hear from Robyn and get to know her better...

Nicely done, Yukon... seems like your magazine just keeps getting better!

"To be a poet is a condition, not a profession."
- Robert Frost

http://inevitabletruth.blogspot.com/
http://www.lulu.com/content/187759
http://www.hdfest.com/Barry/allreviewsbarry.html
http://wishbonec.wordpress.com/

Decstar
Member since Jan 22nd 2003
2278 posts
Wed Dec-01-04 01:23 PM

9. "got that ass on national exposure now......."
In response to Reply # 0

i see you. doin so much and writin so much.

dont forget tha little people, like me now.

(lik smiles)

lets get back to work

"There is nothing more poetic, but depressing than a male writer" -yours truly

mindful
Charter member
41306 posts
Wed Dec-01-04 03:58 PM

Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profileClick to add this author to your buddy list
10. "*giggles at shaven coochie hair*"
In response to Reply # 0

i actually laughed out loud at the line. ur anwers were full of quip and to the point... expressive, much like i've read of some of your poems... jolts of ur thoughts, kinda... spurts... digable interview... *nods*

==================
life when
loving yourself

!

------------------------------
my work
http://meetmsmindful.wordpress.com
http://www.lulu.com/content/7598631
http://evan-roth.com/grey.php

Zin
Member since Jan 21st 2004
2972 posts
Wed Dec-01-04 09:06 PM

11. "yukon"
In response to Reply # 0

this issue was raw ...and robyn was wit it too ...

sig.~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Guess who's Back

1Spirit1
Member since Feb 05th 2003
13898 posts
Thu Dec-02-04 09:38 AM

12. "....so quirky that robyn is"
In response to Reply # 0

yet so brilliant
love ya...your mind is a work of art.

http://okp.hypnagogics.com/

delsbrothergeorge
Charter member
4413 posts
Mon Dec-06-04 01:56 PM

13. "i hate to"
In response to Reply # 0
Mon Dec-06-04 01:56 PM

reduce this edition to the most eye-catching element of it, but i gotta disagree with the smooth as silk. if dude is catching his teach in it, he ain't doing something right. but that's just me.

apart from that. it's a real quick glimpse. little more brief than usual. but no less insightful. definitely have a newfound respect for robyn.

---i'm here---

"...do what scares you..." -- l. varela

robynwildchild
4550 posts
Tue Dec-07-04 06:41 AM

14. "lol"
In response to Reply # 13

whatever ! he ain't catching shit in his teeth is what i was TRYIN to insinuate...

everyone get all that? are we done wit that ... lol..

~~~~~~~~ luv R.
psycho.
"Institutions encourage us to consider the opinions they sell as "facts" and that we "believe" rather than question the morality they pitch."

delsbrothergeorge
Charter member
4413 posts
Tue Dec-07-04 01:49 PM

15. "got it"
In response to Reply # 14
Tue Dec-07-04 01:50 PM

bottom line: i like you more after getting this little glimpse into your world.

---i'm here---

"...do what scares you..." -- l. varela

Natalie
2162 posts
Wed Dec-15-04 11:34 AM

16. "another great piece:)"
In response to Reply # 0

glad to see my sis got props for the month. it's like a december thing with miss rob, innit? smile! well done to the both of you. blak, the interviews get better and better. congrats.

peace,

n.

==================================

"I'm a curbside prophet with my hand in my pocket and I'm waiting for my rocket to come." - Jason Mraz

"Conformity is the refuge of a stagnant mind."

robynwildchild
4550 posts
Thu Dec-30-04 11:50 AM

17. "thanks everyone"
In response to Reply # 0

HAPPY 2005

~~~~~~~~ luv R.
psycho.

Lobby Freestyle Board Freestyle Board Archives topic #9970 Previous topic | Next topic