Printer-friendly copy Email this topic to a friend
Lobby Freestyle Board Freestyle Board Archives topic #6092

Subject: "Freestyle Board Moderation is ..." This topic is locked.
Previous topic | Next topic
aoxomoxoa
Charter member
2708 posts
Tue Apr-08-03 10:11 AM

Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profileClick to add this author to your buddy list
"Poll question: Freestyle Board Moderation is ..."

"in the luv shack with a nug sack and my rug rats who keep naps under they skull caps. pass around a bottle of sambuca and a hookah, there's even times when i look into the future. blazin' DMT with GFE. now don't be surprised when you seein' me wi

Poll result (18 votes)

Printer-friendly copy | Top

Topic Outline
Subject Author Message Date ID
this is in response to ...
Apr 08th 2003
Uppin for folks to take a look at
Apr 08th 2003
should a mod have less than...
Apr 08th 2003
am i the only one that realizes....
Apr 09th 2003
well I think....
Apr 09th 2003
      I Couldn't Agree With You More --
Apr 09th 2003
this is actually just
Apr 09th 2003
i've said since i've came here...
Apr 08th 2003
RE: i've said since i've came here...
Apr 09th 2003
how in
Apr 09th 2003
AMEN!
Apr 09th 2003
Your Statement --
Apr 09th 2003
LMAO
Apr 08th 2003
I think that
Apr 08th 2003
blah!!!!
Apr 08th 2003
co-sign
Apr 08th 2003
that is so beautiful
Apr 09th 2003
The only reason why I'm even answering this
Apr 09th 2003
I commented on this earlier
Apr 09th 2003
Yo Lunch--
Apr 09th 2003
Anth...
Apr 09th 2003
      Nodding my head
Apr 09th 2003
      not to post jack......
Apr 09th 2003
      y'know, it's a funny thing
Apr 09th 2003
      I want to respond...
Apr 09th 2003
           I thought.....
Apr 10th 2003
      You NEVER Inboxed Me --
Apr 09th 2003
           Ah, the truth comes out
Apr 10th 2003
                is that necessary.....
Apr 10th 2003
      I'm Sorry -- But I Don't Remember --
Apr 09th 2003
just to clear up
Apr 09th 2003
RE: just to clear up
Apr 09th 2003
u got 2 much beef..lol
Apr 09th 2003
      RE: u got 2 much beef..lol
Apr 09th 2003
Apr 09th 2003
      ...also...
Apr 09th 2003
Apr 10th 2003
after reading what everyone had to say
Apr 09th 2003
Kinda reminds me of a car wreck...
Apr 09th 2003
what the f*ck happened here?
Apr 09th 2003
when did the mods become important?
Apr 09th 2003
RE: when did the mods become important?
Apr 10th 2003
This is retarded...
Apr 09th 2003
Uhhhhhh -- No!
Apr 09th 2003
      RE: Uhhhhhh -- No!
Apr 09th 2003
           insight
Apr 09th 2003
                So,
Apr 10th 2003
I gotta say this...
Apr 09th 2003
cosign on everything
Apr 10th 2003
It basically boils down to this.....
Apr 10th 2003
peep my Peace post
Apr 10th 2003

aoxomoxoa
Charter member
2708 posts
Tue Apr-08-03 10:15 AM

Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profileClick to add this author to your buddy list
1. "this is in response to ..."
In response to Reply # 0

an email i received recently saying:

"the most vet and long-time of peeps who are the most respected and most talented and who truly care about supporting the newcomers and such are being suffocated by one of the mods"

"When you try to talk to him about positive ideas, he deletes them. Posts that won't go away becasue they are so well received...he deletes them rather than archiving them."

"He is rude and arrogant, and "rules" in a fascist manner, his way or no way, even when the vast majority of the community disagrees with him"

i dont really know if its like this or not because i dont visit here ... so i thought i'd take a poll

"in the luv shack with a nug sack and my rug rats who keep naps under they skull caps. pass around a bottle of sambuca and a hookah, there's even times when i look into the future. blazin' DMT with GFE. now don't be surprised when you seein' me wi

Winter Blaze
Charter member
1514 posts
Tue Apr-08-03 01:09 PM

Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profileClick to add this author to your buddy listClick to send message via AOL IM
5. "Uppin for folks to take a look at"
In response to Reply # 1

Peace Kitkat

I need a vacation, can I sleep like Mr Van Winkle here?

The sexual revolution was born in between these thighs waiting to be reinvented.

TheProdigiousPoet
Member since Aug 12th 2002
4969 posts
Tue Apr-08-03 01:26 PM

Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profileClick to add this author to your buddy listClick to send message via AOL IM
6. "should a mod have less than..."
In response to Reply # 1

2000 posts?hahahha sorry just checkin if that's in the rule books anywhere...

Don't Duck

P.S.A.L.M

http://cashmonet.blogspot.com/

http://www.myspace.com/hollisterholliday

PantheraLeo
Charter member
535 posts
Wed Apr-09-03 06:53 AM

17. "am i the only one that realizes...."
In response to Reply # 1

this is JUST a message board?

maybe it's because i haven't felt the thorn of censorship but damn... is it THAT big of a deal?

i could see if i was paying someone to moderate but the only thing that i spend to post here is time.

i'm probably speaking from a misinformed stance, so forgive if my comments are off-base,

BUT LIGHTEN UP

anyways, keep doin what ya'll are doing as far as i'm concerned.

~~~~~~~~~~~~
Gotta Hotter Ink Blotter
~~~~~~~~~~~~

KnowOne
Charter member
39942 posts
Wed Apr-09-03 08:38 AM

18. "well I think...."
In response to Reply # 17

some of us (including myself) take this place a little too seriously some times. But it's only because of our love for this art.

IG: KnowOne215 | PS+ ID: KnowOne215

PhotoSynthesis
Charter member
16101 posts
Wed Apr-09-03 05:10 PM

36. "I Couldn't Agree With You More --"
In response to Reply # 18

Some of us have a lil' more LOVE, and take this "Art of Poetry" -- Along with growth & evolution -- more seriously than others!

A guitar string vibrating, a measure of my soul, a breech in the silence --
I've always felt like words come through me & I write them down... they have no master --- gsquared ♥

http://www.soundclick.com/bands/2/photosynthesis_music.htm

mindful
Charter member
41306 posts
Wed Apr-09-03 10:49 AM

Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profileClick to add this author to your buddy list
26. "this is actually just"
In response to Reply # 1

bull's shit waiting to drop.

believe in .

------------------------------
my work
http://meetmsmindful.wordpress.com
http://www.lulu.com/content/7598631
http://evan-roth.com/grey.php

morpheme
Charter member
94867 posts
Tue Apr-08-03 10:24 AM

Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profileClick to add this author to your buddy list
2. "i've said since i've came here..."
In response to Reply # 0

there is NOT enuff poetry in the archives
there's alot of emphasis on rhymin/freestylin & the archives reflect that altho what is bein posted is not
i think there should be 3 moderators in freestyle & one definitely a woman...in reviewin the archives, they seem to be very male-friendly
i won't speak to any bias because i know of none & cannot prove any, but whomever is moderator to the freestyle board *has* to have a level of recognition of well-written work & not simply "i know what i like when i see it"

i always thought B was a good candidate because he seem'd 'learn'd" in poetry {no slight to anyone else because i can't recall who was mod before he was}, but then there is always the freestyle aspect of it

if & IF there is goin to be a change in either or both moderators i'd suggest the moderator have an alias - seriously...male or female

da guidin lines

¤i was a tramp before the video¤

KnowOne
Charter member
39942 posts
Wed Apr-09-03 05:09 AM

13. "RE: i've said since i've came here..."
In response to Reply # 2

>but whomever is moderator to the freestyle board *has* to have >a level of recognition of well-written work & not simply "i >know what i like when i see it"

Thats all that really matters. (not saying that the current mods don't have this)

golgo13
Member since Mar 01st 2003
689 posts
Wed Apr-09-03 08:48 AM

19. "how in"
In response to Reply # 2
Wed Apr-09-03 09:03 AM

forum?

.....on the relentless search for my past post count...

TheProdigiousPoet
4969 posts
Wed Apr-09-03 10:21 AM

24. "AMEN!"
In response to Reply # 19

Don't Duck

P.S.A.L.M

PhotoSynthesis
Charter member
16101 posts
Wed Apr-09-03 05:07 PM

35. "Your Statement --"
In response to Reply # 2

>there is NOT enuff poetry in the archives

Is so true!

And a THIRD moderator would probably be the best solution -- Especially since the other two don't wanna step down!

(((No, I'm not volunteering))) -- I don't have that LEVEL OF RECOGNITION of well written work -- But I can think of a couple of other females who would be excellent candidates.

It's just a question of whether they'd wanna do it or not! -- *sigh*

I've always felt like words come through me & I write them down... they have no master --- gsquared ♥

infidel
Member since Aug 28th 2002
54 posts
Tue Apr-08-03 10:25 AM

3. "LMAO"
In response to Reply # 0

Whaaaaaa Whaaaaaaa Whaaaaaa!

Where's that baby's mommy? And what are you child services?

Oh and that mod he's got weapons of mass destruction too!

infidel

DOMONIGGA
Member since Dec 14th 2002
32 posts
Tue Apr-08-03 11:45 AM

4. "I think that"
In response to Reply # 0

It is much harder to moderate a board filled with poets and big-headed emcees than it is to moderate a board filled with people who have beef about our pres or the latest movie news etc. With all that said, this board could use some big changes. Like a emcee for the people

I AM THE CHOSEN ONE....ENFORCER

Instant Axis
Member since Nov 15th 2002
1953 posts
Tue Apr-08-03 04:40 PM

7. "blah!!!!"
In response to Reply # 0

blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah and more blah, cats speakin gibberish with that ignorant accent!!!!

fuck a sig!!!

why MiracleRic thinks me and him clic aight, here's the reason, u real with yours, i am once i bring my guard down, we both stupid as hell, we both got our talents, want a lot of the same things, like a lot of the same things, we both

PG
Charter member
42568 posts
Tue Apr-08-03 04:41 PM

8. "co-sign"
In response to Reply # 7

limbic_system
Member since Jun 03rd 2002
1023 posts
Wed Apr-09-03 02:08 AM

Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profileClick to add this author to your buddy listClick to send message via AOL IM
9. "that is so beautiful"
In response to Reply # 7

*wipes a tear*

"I have made you crawl into sharp rusty clouds.
But with always the intent to leave my lips on the edges so they wouldn't cut you.

I am always behind you.
Smelling your cinnamon strands.
So why do you think you need to find me?

I am right there in your palm.
Sleeping comfortably.
Waiting for your teeth to pinch me." (hyena)

"And I imagine...with great pleasure...all the horrible stirrings of the nonmanifested to bring forth the scream which creates the universe. Maybe one day I'll see you trembling, and you'll go into convulsions and grow larger and smaller until your mouth

ThaAnthology
Charter member
21061 posts
Wed Apr-09-03 03:17 AM

10. "The only reason why I'm even answering this"
In response to Reply # 0

is because this is just plain ridiculous. Do you really think a change in MODs is gonna be the breath of fresh air? If you post poetry/lyrics, post! I seriously believe that this is not a mod problem, its a folks problem. This nonsense won't change if I step down and someone else comes in. In six months you'll be complaining about them. I mean come on! This place used to be about poetry and rhymes, not politics. There is no "regime" and I am completely and utterly offended by this whole thing!
I try to be as fair as I can here, and How dare you go to the Network Admin without consulting me first. That is dirty, underhanded and dispicable. How dare you!

You act like I get paid for this. This is my choice to use free time to start up programs and do things to make it more fun for everybody on here.
I put my partner on, and I am not stepping back from that descision. You have never come to me with these problems, and this arachial behavior is not appreciated. POst poetry! Post rhymes! This is not Iraq and U.S. This is a freestyle board. Get over yourself for real.

Why every time I think things are cool, this stupid stuff happens! Come on ya'll.... was this post really necessary?

www.anthologyfmn.com

Enter the Written World of Fahim Malik Nassar

The House of Caine (available)

Melancholoy Funk (available)

Tha Anthology (Words 2001-2003) Poetry inspired by OKP and Wash, DC
(available)

The Spook who sat by the Radio Poetry (av

Lunchboxxx
Charter member
4490 posts
Wed Apr-09-03 03:31 AM

11. "I commented on this earlier"
In response to Reply # 10

But I pulled them cause I realize how stupid this is. I think gsgaurd wanted "me" to step down more so than you. Even then...I don't get it. You right though...it is a "folks" problem. I haven't bullied anyone on here since I was made moderator. And now that I check my emails...most of the requests I have "came" from gsgaurd. And I did em all. But go figure.

Lunchbox tha Narcoleptic©
The Album..

This shit is wack. - Quez

Lunchbox tha Narcoleptic presents.....

Omni: "The First Offering"

Lunchbox tha Narcoleptic
Ginseng
Warlock
Xcaliber
Divine Versatile
Fathom 9
Die Hard
Izno
The Chrematic
Ralph FLeezy
DotCom Intelligence
Obsidian Blue

coming soon.

shout out to my

Lunch and Yank - Spitters Union
Lunch and Chuck - Lunchbox For President
Lunch and Obsidian - Vivid Strokes Of Reality
Lunch and tREB - FreeLunch
Lunch and Dutch - Mr.Shhhhh You Only Live Twice
Lunch and Kneegrow - Know Games

gsquared
Member since Oct 26th 2002
3647 posts
Wed Apr-09-03 05:49 PM

38. "Yo Lunch--"
In response to Reply # 11
Wed Apr-09-03 06:02 PM

I knew you wrote rhymes....but I didn't know you write fiction--the above is absolutely absurd, man...you either have me confused with someone else, or....you are intentionally lyin'...be honest with yourself, do you care about us here? Do you feel as though you have *graduated* past us? You constantly refer to the peeps here as "children." If you don't dig on this forum--and you must not, you don't post or encourage others at all, zero, nada--why do you want to sit above it??? I am older than you and I learn a whole lot from my son, so I know I can learn from the peeps here that are younger than me as well--I respect young people--do you?? Have you ever heard of "Indigo Children?" And, just maybe, some peeps here could learn a little from me sharing my work with them and encouraging them. Lunch, what are you doing that is positively supporting these people? You take away honors that people obviously enjoyed. Not once have you contributed one iota of yourself to us here in the 6 months I've been livin here. *Every* single person here has contributed far more love to the current board than you. You can't delete away everything, man, you need to either join us and serve *us*, as we serve one another, or honestly, you should really just move on and hang out with those who have reached the rarified stature that you have. You owe me an apology, you owe Photo an apology, you owe Instant Axis an apology for not honoring the fair vote that gave him AOTM, and you owe the whole board an apology for sitting above it without contributing to it. We ain't "extras" in your movie, Lunch, really man...

We must discover new frontiers... People have been standing for centuries before a worm-eaten door, making pinholes in it with increasing ease. The time has come to kick it down, for it is only on the other side that everything begins." Raoul Vaneigem

"No Deception, Good Reception" ....http://www.soundclick.com/bands/2/geometrymusic.htm

http://www.GaryPatrickGarry.com

"I'm stalling in flight
Hovering over horizons
Waiting for night"

"My turn to speak in tongues"
--Photosynthesis

Foneticcus
Charter member
10424 posts
Wed Apr-09-03 04:48 AM

12. "Anth..."
In response to Reply # 10
Wed Apr-09-03 05:09 AM

though understandably justified in yr anger, i don't think wigging out is the best way 2 handle this. neither was gsquared email, probably, but what's done is done. i just see a lotta lack of humility & acknowledgement on both sides -- we the board haven't acknowledged how much y'all do 4 us & that's wrong & sum'n we need 2 change. completely. it makes y'all feel slighted & it's ungrateful, no doubt. so much of what u guys do isn't readily apparent b/c it's background that helps our foreground operate smoothly. whether ignorance or whateva the reason, we've failed u as a board in that way.

unfortunately 2 claim this is a "folks problem" (which both of u say it is), is simply doing the same finger-pointing that we do. i think if another poll was done, an honest one asking who thought the mods had been open & humble to criticism of their work/roles on here, it wouldnt be a favourable response. that much can't be denied. y'all act like u never posted a poem/rhyme on here & got bad review b4. u took that like a man & stepped yr spitting game up, didnt u? same applies elsewhere in life. this is elsewhere.

"How dare you go to the Network Admin without consulting me first. That is dirty, underhanded and dispicable. How dare you!"

^^^ b/c ppl feel that if they go 2 u guys, telling u that u need 2 step up yr roles, u'll just slam us 4 being "childish", "difficult to please", "ungrateful" etc...& defend yrself rather than accepting constructive criticism...

b/c of that, folks take other avenues.

Photo got dissed 4 venting her opinion too; she got a bit ugly later on in the thread, but the initial post wasn't really offensive. a precedent has been set, & it seems a lot've what's been said, both sides haven't been willing 2 accept, yield to & concede on. it's all "no, u're wrong & i'm right"...THAT'S CHILDISH.

let's settle this pCefully @ least. & perhaps even listen 2 each other if we can deflate our own egos...& yes, that goes 4 all of us.

===========================

"Pimping ain't art...but grabbing guns is?!"
(c) Menphyel

"I've come to realise that I never loved Hip-Hop as a whole,
just a particular era that happened at the same time as
I was actively checking actively for new music."

ThaAnthology
Charter member
21061 posts
Wed Apr-09-03 06:03 AM

14. "Nodding my head"
In response to Reply # 12

Fone- you know me man, from way back. You know I don't blow my stack very often. I try really hard to maintain, but lately I feel like no matter what I do to try to resolve issues, I'm always the target. The mods this...the mods that... It gets frustrating, especially because everyone who knows me from when I first started posting here, this place became a real part of my life. This place is my home, and I pride myself on how I protect it. (You'd be amazed what goes on sometimes)
I know me and Photo got out of hand, and I inboxed her trying to make peace. I am not "The Moderator!" or at least I try not to be, I just wanted to be a cat who posts, and occasionally moderates. I don't delete posts unless asked of me. Or if I recieve a bad message alert. And if I have to delete a post, I inbox the person and tell them why. I think I've been a fair cat in the two year I've been Mod.
Sometimes man, I just get tired of all the bickering and finger-pointing and wish we just got back to poetry.
I do believe that it has nothing to do with us as mods though. I think if anybody else moderated, after a while the same thing would occur.
It's just the mood of the boards right now.
I do apologise for any malcontent directed from me to anyone, especially you PhotoSynth. I apologize with everything in me if I've made you feel like your ideas don't matter, they do. I'm human too...ya know.
GSquared, I think you need to relax and enjoy the boards for what they are. No offense, but for all the years you say you've been here... with only 8 hundred replies...you ain't 'xactly been very active in the roles here. I been here a long time. Since the days of B and Angiee. When Warlock and them ran the hip hop here. I don't remember you that far back though. I remeber when Aeon was Rogue Poet. When RGV was Rude Girl Virgo, When The DomePomePoets were a tight knit group of friends who visited each other, kept in touch, played togehter and posted together. I remember the Lilies (Mindful and them.) It was pure and fun back then. I just wanted to keep that going, and sometimes I got forceful...but no one can say I never cared.
No one. And that's why I moderate this board. Because poetry is love, Hip Hop is love, and I love this board and all the folk in it.
Take a look on the other side of the wall before you decide to crash it down.

www.anthologyfmn.com

(available)

KnowOne
Charter member
39942 posts
Wed Apr-09-03 06:14 AM

15. "not to post jack......"
In response to Reply # 14

>I remeber when Aeon was Rogue Poet. When RGV
>was Rude Girl Virgo, When The DomePomePoets were a tight
>knit group of friends who visited each other, kept in touch,
>played togehter and posted together. I remember the Lilies
>(Mindful and them.) It was pure and fun back then.

but you just brought back madd memories......*lol*

guerilla_love
Charter member
8273 posts
Wed Apr-09-03 06:48 AM

16. "y'know, it's a funny thing"

about bein a moderator

but all that dumbass childish crap ya always ignored before is suddenly your business

i hate that shit, and i understand you gettin heated completely

u really see an ugly side of people when moderating

keep ur strength, anyway, fahim, the majority of people out there are still outside of this childish crap

"Who need fossil fuel when the sun ain't goin' nowhere"
- Amiri Baraka

http://www.okayplayer.com/guidelines

BUY MY BOOK- only $6! Inbox me for details

gsquared
3647 posts
Wed Apr-09-03 10:51 PM

42. "I want to respond..."
In response to Reply # 16
Wed Apr-09-03 10:51 PM

..to you fam...*you* are a gnarly ass committed cat all up in your forum with the peeps--our mods ain't. respect to you man

"We must discover new frontiers... People have been standing for centuries before a worm-eaten door, making pinholes in it with increasing ease. The time has come to kick it down, for it is only on the other side that everything begins." Raoul Vaneigem

"No Deception, Good Reception" ....http://www.soundclick.com/bands/2/geometrymusic.htm

"I'm stalling in flight
Hovering over horizons
Waiting for night"

--Photosynthesis

KnowOne
Charter member
39942 posts
Thu Apr-10-03 02:14 AM

45. "I thought....."
In response to Reply # 42

G-Love was a Sista.........????

PhotoSynthesis
Charter member
16101 posts
Wed Apr-09-03 04:35 PM

32. "You NEVER Inboxed Me --"
Wed Apr-09-03 04:44 PM

When you deleted my posts!

I don't know if ALL THREE of my posts were deleted by you or not -- But I do *Know* that I NEVER got inboxed about any of them.

They just disappeared -- And I guess I was supposed to just sit back and act like nothing happened, huh?

So -- You delete posts when someone asks?

What kinda shit is that?

Yeah, I feel like my ideas and opinions don't matter -- damn right -- Especially when they get DELETED! -- *duhhhh*

How could they possibly matter when you dismiss and diss them with a deletion and no explanation or communication???

Seems like you don't want the Board to THINK at all.

Just throw down some poetry -- BUT DON'T THINK ABOUT ANYTHING ELSE -- Especially if it involves CHANGE or more interraction by the MODS.

Maybe when RGV was Rude Girl Virgo, When The DomePomePoets were a tight knit group of friends who visited each other, kept in touch, played togehter and posted together, MAYBE -- Back in THOSE days, you had hella LOVE for folks on this board -- But I ain't seen none of it since I've been on this board.

Just analyze yourself -- And recognize that you ain't nothing like you were then.

I remember back then -- Cuz I posted under another name back then -- But I didn't get/feel no love back then EITHER!

Back then, over half my shit fell off page 7 with maybe one response -- (Which is why now I go to page 7 and try to resurrect now when I can)

For your information, I WAS on this board intermittently/periodically in 2001 -- (But NOT as PhotoSynthesis) -- And I've seen YOU change your attitude and the time YOU spend on this board.

It's a whole lot different BTW!

Warlock
Charter member
539 posts
Thu Apr-10-03 04:56 AM

48. "Ah, the truth comes out"
In response to Reply # 32

Yet ANOTHER insecure individual searching for acceptance on a free board. If replies are what mean the most to you I suggest you stop writing poetry and start posting trivia; you'll be a lot more satisfied.

What's a sig?

KnowOne
Charter member
39942 posts
Thu Apr-10-03 05:19 AM

51. "is that necessary....."
In response to Reply # 48

NGCCOT.......

every body needs to chill......

PhotoSynthesis
Charter member
16101 posts
Wed Apr-09-03 04:42 PM

33. "I'm Sorry -- But I Don't Remember --"
In response to Reply # 12

I don't remember getting any uglier than others got with me -- (or alluded to me with/in my initial post) -- But then --

There's no proof, now is there? -- ;^)

That post was DELETED, wasn't it?

*hmmmmmmmmmmmmm*

I guess I'll just have to take your word for it Fon! -- *smirk*

aoxomoxoa
Charter member
2708 posts
Wed Apr-09-03 09:09 AM

20. "just to clear up"
In response to Reply # 0

i never said there was going to be a change, I was just making a poll to test the waters and see if it would help flush out some of the issues that seemingly suroung this board

frankly, i already work 12 plus hours a day and this is the last thing I want to deal with. I don't really have a lot of time to be emailing users and moderators to try and feel out what the climate is in a board I don't ever visit.

I thought I'd make a poll, feel out some responses from that, and hopefully watch y'all work it out amongst yourselves

One_Man_Amazin
Charter member
1494 posts
Wed Apr-09-03 09:22 AM

21. "RE: just to clear up"
In response to Reply # 20

make me a mod ......Zin for the third Freestyle MOD in 2003

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
a tank full of gas ..$20
a new fit to wear at Dream....$200
culb hoping in the Gardens..Bar None ..Culb U ..and Dream...$250
to hear all the Young's and Joe's at

TheProdigiousPoet
4969 posts
Wed Apr-09-03 10:44 AM

25. "u got 2 much beef..lol"
In response to Reply # 21

Don't Duck

P.S.A.L.M

One_Man_Amazin
Charter member
1494 posts
Wed Apr-09-03 11:56 AM

27. "RE: u got 2 much beef..lol"
In response to Reply # 25

not really i just do that ..to make cats better ..lmao!

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
a tank full of gas ..$20
a new fit to wear at Dream....$200
culb hoping in the Gardens..Bar None ..Culb U ..and Dream...$250
to hear all the Young's and Joe's at

PhotoSynthesis
Charter member
16101 posts
Wed Apr-09-03 04:17 PM

31. "RE: just to clear up"
In response to Reply # 20

I'm glad you did this poll because it shows that THERE ARE PEOPLE ON THIS BOARD who are NOT exactly happy with the way things are done around here.

It's not about the numbers -- PEOPLE NEED TO (((RECOGNIZE)))

It's about the fact that a small percentage of folks think that things could be better!

It's about the fact that a larger percentage of folks think that some adjustments and changes NEED to be made, regardless of whether the MODS change or not!

It's about the fact that an EVEN LARGER percentage of folks think that a Regime change needs to take place with different MODS!

It's about the fact that a smaller percentage of folks have issues with ONE Mod but not the other!

Something's obviously wrong!

And for those folks who think everything is sweet as apple pie on this board, they've prolly never had any problems or issues with the MODS -- (Which is fine) -- But that still doesn't NEGATE the fact that THERE ARE PROBLEMS & ISSUES THAT NEED TO BE ADDRESSED AND NOT DELETED!

If nothing else, this poll has provided a forum for OPEN DIALOGUE -- Which is what the posts/threads that I created were originally intended for -- But of the THREE posts I created asking questions or making suggestions, ALL THREE WERE DELETED!

And my questions were logical, rational, intelligent questions -- They weren't some bullshit, ig'nant, stupid~ass questions/suggestions.

But because I challenged the MODS and had the balls -- (BTW I'm a female, so I ain't really got no balls) -- But I let them know that I wasn't gon' sit quietly and let them do any damn thang they wanted to me and my posts -- They got defensive/offensive and deleted my ish!

And I NEVER received ANYTHING in my inbox explaining -- apologizing -- suggesting -- NOTHING!!!

Hopefully, this practice will stop and they'll have the courtesy to explain when they feel the NEED to delete threads/posts.

If you ask me, they just wanted to eliminate the evidence that PROBLEMS do exist on this board, and the fact that they ain't tryna do anything to CHANGE them!

gsquared
3647 posts
Wed Apr-09-03 05:33 PM

37. "...also..."
In response to Reply # 31

..I TWICE posted a suggestion for the artist of the month...that it be picked *at random* among those who would like the honor and maturely feel that they have enough quality work to post--and secondly, that it *alternate between poets and emcees*--if a poet wins it one month, an emcee gets it the next, and so on--once again, a random drawing, no favoritism, no lobbying, no arguing--BOTH times I posted this for peeps to chew on, it was immediately deleted and and I was not inboxed. THAT is what's CHILDISH!
Thirdly....we had a vote--about 25 peeps just, simply, VOTED--maturely, for whoever they wanted the last time we had an AOTM vote. Instant Axis, who is my fam, WON THE VOTE fair and square. Maybe 4 or five peeps started bickering at the bottom of the thread--25 voted or so fairly. The *only* reason we have no AOTM is because it got 50 and more hits and the silly aud of the month, which NEVER features any of the DOZENS of OKAY players who have audio, gets, like, none. Lunchboxx can't cope with that. It's so plain to anyone here who has been around long enough and cares enough it's ridiculous.
SOMEBODY does indeed need to grow up around here...ever hear of *projecting*?...that's when you put your own faults on others. Right now on the aud of the month thread a brother is politely asking how you get on it--he has been ignored like a ol' bubble gum wrapper--must be one a them "children," I suppose--the same ones who buy the albums and the concert tickets that pay for this site. Wouldn't it be a wonderful world if we could all just *delete* everything that exposed our faults and our extreme egoistic selfishness.
The mods are not serving the well being of the board. Lunchboxx has said publicly that "sitting in front of a computer screen and typing" is a laughable and childish thing to do. HUH??? This is an internet forum for poets and lyricists!!
If this is so silly and unimportant, as the mods say it is, then--just step down--you have served your term. Then show your love for us by posting and peeping like everyone else. It's all ego for y'all and you know it--you don't even have a clue what's up around the board....it just makes you feel *above* someone...kinda like a child. Peace to the board

We must discover new frontiers... People have been standing for centuries before a worm-eaten door, making pinholes in it with increasing ease. The time has come to kick it down, for it is only on the other side that everything begins." Raoul Vaneigem

"I'm stalling in flight
Hovering over horizons
Waiting for night"

--Photosynthesis

Warlock
Charter member
539 posts
Thu Apr-10-03 05:01 AM

49. "RE: just to clear up"
In response to Reply # 31

A small percentage of folks? If that ain't the most assinine thing I've read from you EVER. Quit thinking you have stock in OKP. Why the freak would anyone want to change the board (which the majority is happy with) to suit the needs of you and your whiners? Everyone else is mincing words, but I'll tell you straight this is BULLSHIT. Quit crying. Lunch and Anthology can't make people reply to your shit or like it. Deal with it. Now go ahead and say some bullshit about how I don't contribute to the board anymore, how I never post so I blah blah blah blah. Damn. Even in my head this gets on my nerves. Drop it.

What's a sig?

Iridescence
Charter member
252 posts
Wed Apr-09-03 09:31 AM

22. "after reading what everyone had to say"
In response to Reply # 0
Wed Apr-09-03 09:32 AM

...ill add my 2 cents. i dont know what the issue was that really sparked all this besides the email. i know nothing about the photo issue so im not going near that either. as for the mods in general i have to agree with them. they dont seem to be the problem to me. in fact maybe im missing something huge but i dont see ANY problem. i think they do a fine job running this board. i havnt been here for very long (but i do remember watching emcees get trounced by warlock) and obviously dont write all that often, but since i have been here ive seen the start of the artist of the month and audio of the month<=which is not nearly appreciated enough. and ive seen the mods okay our suggestions such as the tourney from about christmas time. seriously what more do you expect the mods to do besides moderate? people, write because you love it, write because it helps you, and write because reading that last post sparked some thinking.

Nowachaoticthing
Member since Dec 24th 2002
2178 posts
Wed Apr-09-03 09:51 AM

23. "Kinda reminds me of a car wreck..."
In response to Reply # 0

Ugly as hell... but I can't stop looking at it.

"To be a poet is a condition, not a profession."
- Robert Frost

http://inevitabletruth.blogspot.com/
http://www.lulu.com/content/187759
http://www.hdfest.com/Barry/allreviewsbarry.html
http://wishbonec.wordpress.com/

LexM
Charter member
28342 posts
Wed Apr-09-03 12:14 PM

28. "what the f*ck happened here?"
In response to Reply # 0

~~~~
http://omidele.blogspot.com/
http://rahareiki.tumblr.com/
http://seatofbliss.blogspot.com/

paperdollpoet
Charter member
2238 posts
Wed Apr-09-03 12:28 PM

29. "when did the mods become important?"
In response to Reply # 0

no offense to either of the two fine gentlemen..but what does their "job" have to do with the quality of this board?

maybe i'm not getting the point..

---
"girlhood is the shortest summer ever." © mother of pearl

www.sheflypaper.com

hunuh
Charter member
4269 posts
Thu Apr-10-03 02:05 AM

43. "RE: when did the mods become important?"
In response to Reply # 29

im straddling the fence

im with both sides

but

u r exactly right.

as long as ppl r posting

there will b good things coming

whether it gets archived or not

it can get saved.

id say im more disappointed in how far the board has fallen in my two years and sum monthes that ive been here

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

when whodini made friends it was well spoken.

DelinquencY
Member since Nov 20th 2002
379 posts
Wed Apr-09-03 02:37 PM

30. "This is retarded..."
In response to Reply # 0

... Post your shit, let ppl comment, let the mods archive and delete as they see fit, and stop whining like some preppy teenage gurl. All y'all need to find better time than to complain about shit...

If life is prison, Music is the yard time - Blackalicious

Watch the company you keep and the crowd you bring
Cause they came to do drugs and you came to sing
-NaS

Stay tru to yourself and Truth will be with ya

DelinquencY

PhotoSynthesis
Charter member
16101 posts
Wed Apr-09-03 04:53 PM

34. "Uhhhhhh -- No!"
In response to Reply # 30

I luv ya ta death DelinquencY -- But --

I'll be damned if Imma post a logical -- reasonable -- intelligent question or suggestion -- And LET THE MODS JUST DELETE AS THEY SEE FIT -- Just to cover their ass!

At this point in time, they can do whatever they want (or Don't want) with the Archives -- I don't care.

But basically you're saying -- "Be a good house nigga, sit quietly -- Don't start no revolution or no trouble -- Just be sure an throw out that nice tasty poetry to keep the board movin' -- And whatever you do, don't ask to be EMANCIPATED --

AND EVERYTHING WILL BE ALRIGHT! -- *duhhhh*

MiracleRic
Member since Oct 21st 2002
45200 posts
Wed Apr-09-03 06:45 PM

39. "RE: Uhhhhhh -- No!"
In response to Reply # 34

ok, ive been watchin a lot this mess from the sidelines...ive seen a lot of the deleted posts and wondered why the mods were so touchy about being confronted...the email i obviously only heard about but ive watched alot of the arguing and bickering go down...and from what ive seen and heard so far i think the mods are often underappreciated but could make a few small adjusments...for the most part i agree with (im not takin this quite as serious but i think it is a concern) Photo. ive been here lurking and postin a lil less then a year and its been extremely rare when i see any activity from the mods, i dont think ive seen a single post of poetry or freestyle by either. i saw Ant in the tourney but barely. I also 'rarely' see them reply or support other posts...not to say im always gonna reply to everything, but i think i still support other artits more then them. as far as the archives go...ive noticed a bias from the get-go:battles have precedent, cause ive seen poem threads with nearly 3-digit replys and archive shouted throughout the post and nothin happen, ive also seen that those vets (like warlock and others) get in a lil easier...but like u said ur human, slight biases like these are bound to happen when unchecked. but they are definitely being checked now, and i did like a lot of gsquared's ideas particularly the aotm idea (random &alternating)

from what ive seen on the board, photo has been more active in supporting the boards artists then both of the mods put 2gether, i'd honestly be absolutely if i saw and heard more from the mods as artists...i voted u guys were doing fine but a few changes would help rather than hurt...PEACE

Let me sport my Air Hyperbole 2010s in peace. (c) ansomble

Building repetoires (c) spm since 1983

gsquared
3647 posts
Wed Apr-09-03 10:36 PM

41. "insight"
In response to Reply # 39
Wed Apr-09-03 10:38 PM

...so...fam...if you or anyone is wondering why I would try to make this discussion happen--remember, the truth is, one of the mods *deleted* a completely concise, loving, and positive suggestion of mine concerning an alternating and random AOTM idea--TWICE--I tried twice, giving them a chance to realize that it was wrong to delete it the first time--that is why I contacted the webmaster--please realize how bottled-up that made me feel--that just isn't cool, and it isn't right--thanks for your well thought out remarks Ric--photo's contribution is not comparable in terms of "more than the mods put together," it is like 1500 to 10--truth out

"I'm stalling in flight
Hovering over horizons
Waiting for night"

--Photosynthesis

Warlock
Charter member
539 posts
Thu Apr-10-03 05:06 AM

50. "So,"
In response to Reply # 41

In a nutshell, you sent a message to the mods, they read it and decided against it and then deleted it. Twice. Or is it that you wanted everyone else to read it and give you some kind of superficial props for it? The mods decide the AOTM set up. They didn't like the idea so they vetoed it. Is that so hard to accept?

What's a sig?

TheProdigiousPoet
4969 posts
Wed Apr-09-03 07:22 PM

40. "I gotta say this..."
In response to Reply # 0

Shit I hate even remoutely sounding like a passifist but I gotta say a couple things in the Mods favor...I've had shit deleted...I've battle Lunch poetically and ebonically lol...I've yelled @ Ant to have some of my collabs archived....I've been scolded for cussing out ppl too quickly but I can't remember one time when I didn't believe that they were honestly trying to do their best...there I know some might be upset with me haha but fuckit I want change but i look @ the changes made the Lessons made and their Mods might be more visible but their boderline anoying and they post too fuckin much....aww fuckit...I don't give two shits anymore...but who else would yall actually pick? Just wondering...

Don't Duck

P.S.A.L.M

hunuh
Charter member
4269 posts
Thu Apr-10-03 02:07 AM

44. "cosign on everything"
In response to Reply # 40

u just typed

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

when whodini made friends it was well spoken.

KnowOne
Charter member
39942 posts
Thu Apr-10-03 03:31 AM

46. "It basically boils down to this....."
In response to Reply # 0
Thu Apr-10-03 03:59 AM

Many or some may feel that a new MOD could breath some new life & fresh air into the board. (Which may or may not help, nor be necessary.) But at the same time can you blame the current Mods for being offended? Your actually calling into question their effort & the work that they are doing. Some of us may remember how the boards were & or can obviously see the crappy state that they have been in as of late. And we want to find ways to help it improve & grow. And of course continue to enjoy working in our craft. I think that is where the frustration comes in since deep down I think that’s what EVERYONE here is working toward. (BOTH Mods & posters) But I think if we put as much time & effort into other threads (ex. AOTM collab, AudioOTM, feedback to others pieces, welcoming & supporting newbies, etc.) as we do in threads like this one, it would be a great start. The mods do things that may sometimes piss us off, but they also do a lot of work that we never give them credit for. I think that may be the reason they are so aggressive and defensive when they do come under fire. And on the flip side, since we don't see most of the stuff they do, we often time can't justify their frustration and sometimes feel they are not doing enough. There are many things both sides can do to solve this. The Mods could continue the good work that their doing, but in addition when able try to make them selves more visible and accessible to the users. Us as users should continue taking more pro-active steps to helping this board & craft grow. Continue posting, giving feedback, supporting things like AOTM, coming up with new ideas that could help the board & making suggestions to the Mods. Sure lil' problems like this one will pop up from time to time, but its only because we all care for this board, each other, and this art form. Its all LOVE.....

ThaAnthology
Charter member
21061 posts
Thu Apr-10-03 04:15 AM

47. "peep my Peace post"
In response to Reply # 46

and inbox me Know.

www.anthologyfmn.com

(available)

Lobby Freestyle Board Freestyle Board Archives topic #6092 Previous topic | Next topic