Printer-friendly copy Email this topic to a friend
Lobby Freestyle Board Freestyle Board Archives topic #3954

Subject: "untitled (legs)" This topic is locked.
Previous topic | Next topic
HottLykeFiyah
Charter member
17582 posts
Tue Aug-26-03 04:08 PM

Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profileClick to add this author to your buddy listClick to send message via AOL IM
"untitled (legs)"
Tue Aug-26-03 04:09 PM

"am i too heavy on you?"

i don't really remember saying no. maybe i did, maybe i didn't; im sure i wanted to say 'no, i've never felt so weightless in my life.. don't move, don't ever move away from me...' but all i cld do was breathe. if i didn't say no, then he'd learned to read my breaths by then b/c he didn't move. he stayed with me, moved with me & i with him for the rest of that evening, well into the night, and again the next morning.

he asked me later after we were apart again what i missed the most, what i liked best about us being together. now i cld have said something lewd ('what'chu mean what did i like the most? all 8 of those inches, daddy.. that's what i miss best'); i cld have been mushy & overly emotional ('oohh, baby i just miss you.. youyouyouyou your smile your eyes your mind your emotion the way you made me feel just youyouyouyouyou always & only you..). and neither of those responses wld have been a lie, but i think

i think there is one greater truth that encompasses both those smaller sentiments. it's not just in the spiritual energy of our skin melding b/t our sighs, nor is it only the mixing of sweat & song between our legs.

we were our own truths in those hours we spent, oblivious to the sun or moon or stars or whatever was goin on in the sky arched beyond our curtains, pulled as tight as we cld get them to keep tomorrow from coming too soon.

i closed my eyes & tried to paint for him--for us--a portrait more beautiful than the moments we shared, but i was fooling myself. my words were heavy, pregnant with trust and longing and smiling and love and memory, and beauty, of course, but believe me when i say that there are no words bright or gray enough, no brush loud or soft enough to surpass or even equal the passion we painted w/ our sighs. none.

"our legs," i said.

i didn't have to say anything more, because he felt exactly what i meant and agreed, but i continued on, twisting my own legs as i remembered his entwined with them, tangled & glossed with sweat; we were so close. i imagine that it wld have been hard to wedge a breath too large between he & i as we lay, moving against each other, with each other, for each other. we must have been a sight; someone's foot pressed into someone's thigh, an ankle here, a calf there. a knee lolling lazily to the left, toes dancing at the right. yarn. two long strands of teasing brown and soft russet yarn praying into each other's mouths w/ evrykiss exchanged.

i blushed when he told me my legs felt good next to his. they did. they do even now, even though we're so many songs away now..

i remember him pressing into me and thinking that too close just wasn't close enough. i tightened my grip on his limbs & pulled him closer to me, further into me. i took him in, all of him, far beyond his throbbing addiction & the physical surges it gave, more than his scent & bright brown color. nah, more than that, i welcomed that moment & how it wld dwell in our minds the morning after; i drank in our circumstance, the grace that led us to each other & as much of his life as i cld hold before the nectar became too sweet. and when it did, i let it run slow from our mouths down, snaking between the tiny hairs of his body and mine to be lost in the maze of our legs, the physical ties that bound us at that moment & the manifestation of our togetherness, even from so many songs away.

"u sure i wasn't too heavy on you?"

i'd trade heaven to feel that weight again & i'm sure that god wld understand.

but i'm a hater, tho

Printer-friendly copy | Top

Topic Outline
Subject Author Message Date ID
i'd trade heaven to feel that weight again
Aug 26th 2003
you, my friend
Aug 27th 2003
This just reminds me.....
Aug 27th 2003
wow
Aug 27th 2003
Good stuff
Aug 27th 2003
RE: untitled (legs)
Aug 27th 2003
co-sign
Aug 27th 2003
      RE: co-sign
Aug 28th 2003
ARCHIVSMO
Aug 28th 2003
!
Aug 29th 2003
LMAO!
Aug 29th 2003
Aug 29th 2003
Aug 29th 2003
Aug 29th 2003
Sep 02nd 2003
adventurous...
Sep 05th 2003
Hmmm
Sep 05th 2003
Sep 05th 2003
on the front lines
Sep 08th 2003
my poem
Sep 05th 2003
Archive --
Sep 11th 2003
I'll leave it up.....
Sep 11th 2003
      how the frigg did I miss this...
Sep 11th 2003
i first read this when you posted in GD
Sep 11th 2003
Sep 16th 2003

mindful
Charter member
41306 posts
Tue Aug-26-03 05:07 PM

Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profileClick to add this author to your buddy list
1. "i'd trade heaven to feel that weight again"
In response to Reply # 0
Tue Aug-26-03 05:09 PM

& i'm sure that god will understand...

wow.. great ending lines trace... but.. ahem..

i closed my eyes & tried to paint for him--for us--a portrait more beautiful than the moments we shared, but i was fooling myself. my words were heavy, pregnant with trust and longing and smiling and love and memory, and beauty, of course, but believe me when i say that there are no words bright or gray enough, no brush loud or soft enough to surpass or even equal the passion we painted w/ our sighs. none.

"our legs," i said.

i didn't have to say anything more, because he felt exactly what i meant and agreed, but i continued on, twisting my own legs as i remembered his entwined with them, tangled & glossed with sweat; we were so close. i imagine that it wld have been hard to wedge a breath too large between he & i as we lay, moving against each other, with each other, for each other. we must have been a sight; someone's foot pressed into someone's thigh, an ankle here, a calf there. a knee lolling lazily to the left, toes dancing at the right. yarn. two long strands of teasing brown and soft russet yarn praying into each other's mouths w/ evrykiss exchanged.

up there is where it was for me. I thought the prose approach fit perfectly well.. there could be no other way for this. actually... definitely digging.. your words here.. Glad to see you.. writing again. Peacers~

===================
There's nowhere to when
love is your name....
©Kem/Kemistry

------------------------------
my work
http://meetmsmindful.wordpress.com
http://www.lulu.com/content/7598631
http://evan-roth.com/grey.php

Giovanni
Charter member
3179 posts
Wed Aug-27-03 01:28 AM

Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profileClick to add this author to your buddy listClick to send message via AOL IM
2. "you, my friend"
In response to Reply # 0

just showed what an erotic-love poem would look like if Zora Neale Hurston
wrote one.. thank you for the ride.. i really loved this piece..
a very big stretch from your other stuff (in my opinion).. i really
enjoyed the conversation and the visuals in this piece.. keep
writing.. oh and holla at me when you get a chance to.. we haven't
spoken in a minute.. but definately feeling this joint.. be easy

-----sig starts here-----
interested in buying my chapbook,
"Transfer"? Just visit http://myspace.com/alanking81

or

http://myspace.com/bustransfer
(see what people are saying
about "Transfer")

"I used to walk through the valley
like Psalms 27"
--

KnowOne
Charter member
39942 posts
Wed Aug-27-03 02:12 AM

3. "This just reminds me....."
In response to Reply # 0

how much we miss you in here.....

Keep Flowin' Sis'......

IG: KnowOne215 | PS+ ID: KnowOne215

thoughtremedy
Charter member
1415 posts
Wed Aug-27-03 02:48 AM

Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profileClick to add this author to your buddy list
4. "wow"
In response to Reply # 0

this was a stellar piece of writing. i really do not know what to say.

---

i think there is one greater truth that encompasses both those smaller sentiments. it's not just in the spiritual energy of our skin melding b/t our sighs, nor is it only the mixing of sweat & song between our legs.

we were our own truths in those hours we spent, oblivious to the sun or moon or stars or whatever was goin on in the sky arched beyond our curtains, pulled as tight as we cld get them to keep tomorrow from coming too soon.

"our legs," i said.

---

"we must have been a sight; someone's foot pressed into someone's thigh, an ankle here, a calf there. a knee lolling lazily to the left, toes dancing at the right."

the above lines were my favorite. thank you.

peace.

---
the pursuit of fame and fortune
leads to shame and misfortune
-tao

Sonlight
Charter member
10687 posts
Wed Aug-27-03 08:03 AM

5. "Good stuff"
In response to Reply # 0

as usual

http://musikofmymind.blogspot.com/

------------------------------------------

Nate Geezie is my least favorite OKP

blak_yukon
Charter member
3901 posts
Wed Aug-27-03 08:34 AM

Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profileClick to add this author to your buddy list
6. "RE: untitled (legs)"
In response to Reply # 0

^
^
^
^....archive

----------sig-----------

http://unclevicart.com/

me and the fellas would converge and heat up some Hot Pockets in preparation for Rap City.© Roc

dude, getting a response from the folks at freestyle is like watching water boil...© Tek

PG
Charter member
42568 posts
Wed Aug-27-03 08:44 AM

Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profileClick to add this author to your buddy list
7. "co-sign"
In response to Reply # 6

I'll second thatmaybe only at seven responses so far but it's incredible.... Smooth read full of awsome imagery and a topic that truly is Hot Like Fiyah... always a pleasure.

BarTek
Member since Nov 10th 2002
51250 posts
Thu Aug-28-03 03:51 AM

8. "RE: co-sign"
In response to Reply # 7

STOP SLEEPIN FOLKS!!!

ARCHIVE!

peace.

let's play ping pong ■

MiracleRic
Member since Oct 21st 2002
45200 posts
Thu Aug-28-03 04:18 AM

9. "ARCHIVSMO"
In response to Reply # 0

wowsers! go-go gadget fan!

*fans self*

this just blew my whole day, its like how did someone write this, u just put my on the injured reserve...VERY ARCHIVSMO

Let me sport my Air Hyperbole 2010s in peace. (c) ansomble

Building repetoires (c) spm since 1983

HottLykeFiyah
Charter member
17582 posts
Fri Aug-29-03 03:26 AM

10. "!"
In response to Reply # 0

to the windooooooooooooooow in ya draws!

but i'm a hater, tho

PG
Charter member
42568 posts
Fri Aug-29-03 04:29 AM

11. "LMAO!"
In response to Reply # 10

remind me to lock that next time ! lol!

robynwildchild
Member since May 06th 2003
4550 posts
Fri Aug-29-03 05:22 AM

12. "RE: untitled (legs)"
In response to Reply # 0

wow that was absolutly beautiful.. the way that you laid it all out, every detail, emotion, thought, i'm stupidfied... brilliantly wonderous.. were you too deep.. deep enough to want to feel that way... real enough to see it that way.

i really dug the whole legs paragraph...the piece is by far very exciting and involved and i think its a job well done...

~~~~~~~~ luv R.
https://www.facebook.com/robyn.wildchild12
psycho.
"Institutions encourage us to consider the opinions they sell as "facts" and that we "believe" rather than question the morality they pitch."
cities need fewer shopping malls and more skat

PhotoSynthesis
Charter member
16101 posts
Fri Aug-29-03 12:25 PM

13. "RE: untitled (legs)"
In response to Reply # 0

This pCe is in a category -- ALL BY ITSELF! -- ;^)

Exceptionally Nice:

The content --

The context --

The format --

The flow --

When you got it -- FLAUNT IT! -- *smiles*

A guitar string vibrating, a measure of my soul, a breech in the silence --
I've always felt like words come through me & I write them down... they have no master --- gsquared ♥

http://www.soundclick.com/bands/2/photosynthesis_music.htm

MiracleRic
Member since Oct 21st 2002
45200 posts
Fri Aug-29-03 12:27 PM

14. "RE: untitled (legs)"
In response to Reply # 0

man, i love being a legs man, yummy!!!

my pen's finally out of injured reserve now

Let me sport my Air Hyperbole 2010s in peace. (c) ansomble

Building repetoires (c) spm since 1983

HottLykeFiyah
Charter member
17582 posts
Tue Sep-02-03 07:38 AM

15. "RE: untitled (legs)"
In response to Reply # 0

to the windooooooooooooooow in ya draws!

but i'm a hater, tho

Foneticcus
Charter member
10424 posts
Fri Sep-05-03 01:32 AM

16. "adventurous..."
In response to Reply # 0

*grinning*

===========================

"Pimping ain't art...but grabbing guns is?!"
(c) Menphyel

"I've come to realise that I never loved Hip-Hop as a whole,
just a particular era that happened at the same time as
I was actively checking actively for new music."

Winter Blaze
Charter member
1514 posts
Fri Sep-05-03 05:45 AM

17. "Hmmm"
In response to Reply # 0

You post too infrequently, but when you do you always leave a gem on the boards. This was well crafted and seductive- I likes..

Kitkat

I need a vacation, can I sleep like Mr Van Winkle here?

The sexual revolution was born in between these thighs waiting to be reinvented.

OkayPlayerChic
Charter member
633 posts
Fri Sep-05-03 01:01 PM

18. "RE: untitled (legs)"
In response to Reply # 0

now yall know I come and post every now & then and usually I don't even reply after reading a lot of pieces but I HAD to after reading this...I stopped in the middle to write the post....I love it.....where you been at

http://okaymama.diaryland.com

www.soulrenewed.blogspot.com

HottLykeFiyah
Charter member
17582 posts
Mon Sep-08-03 11:48 AM

20. "on the front lines"
In response to Reply # 18

fighting writer's block (

i think i've maybe gotten over it but now i'm back @ school w/ no time to write, so

blah.

but i'm a hater, tho

Esco
Charter member
44856 posts
Fri Sep-05-03 02:01 PM

19. "my poem"
In response to Reply # 0

"DICK"

my you are too heavy for me

~E.Babatunde

PhotoSynthesis
Charter member
16101 posts
Thu Sep-11-03 07:29 AM

21. "Archive --"
In response to Reply # 0

After ALL VIEW the VIEW ALL -- Of course! -- ;^)

A guitar string vibrating, a measure of my soul, a breech in the silence --
I've always felt like words come through me & I write them down... they have no master --- gsquared ♥

http://www.soundclick.com/bands/2/photosynthesis_music.htm

KnowOne
Charter member
39942 posts
Thu Sep-11-03 07:51 AM

22. "I'll leave it up....."
In response to Reply # 21

for the rest of the day for any one who may have missed it. I'll stick it in the archives tonight.

IG: KnowOne215 | PS+ ID: KnowOne215

TheProdigiousPoet
Member since Aug 12th 2002
4969 posts
Thu Sep-11-03 09:03 AM

23. "how the frigg did I miss this..."
In response to Reply # 22

wow I LOVED THIS JOINT...keep doin it to em...

Don't Duck

P.S.A.L.M

http://cashmonet.blogspot.com/

http://www.myspace.com/hollisterholliday

STIMULI
Charter member
5896 posts
Thu Sep-11-03 09:04 AM

24. "i first read this when you posted in GD"
In response to Reply # 0

as it is here i like it just the same, you are an extremely talented writer.

p.

lunaeco
Member since Dec 13th 2002
1375 posts
Tue Sep-16-03 01:31 PM

25. "RE: untitled (legs)"
In response to Reply # 0

graphic and beautifully described
if a picture can inspire such words, you definitely aren't suffering from writer's block..

~~~

my
blue
song
http://au.briefcase.yahoo.com/bc/lilibluu/lst?&.dir=/blue/blue+thoughts+lunavamoloonerdco&.src=bc&.view=l

Lobby Freestyle Board Freestyle Board Archives topic #3954 Previous topic | Next topic