Printer-friendly copy Email this topic to a friend
Lobby Freestyle Board Freestyle Board Archives topic #2125

Subject: "DivineVersatile vs. Scratch17" This topic is locked.
Previous topic | Next topic
DivineVersatile
Charter member
5491 posts
Fri Oct-01-99 06:31 PM

Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profileClick to add this author to your buddy list
"DivineVersatile vs. Scratch17"

What's up, Gods? This is your host with a quick reminder of the rules. <BR>1. 3 verses apiece<BR>2. 1 goes, then the other. None of that back to back shit!<BR>3.Post your time FIRST before you begin your keystyle!!!<BR>4. Make sure you vote on the other battles on site!!<P>READY...BEGIN!!!

MY VERY OWN HIPPIDY-HOP! I'M GOING TO LOVE YOU AND PLAY WITH YOU FOR EVER AND EVER!!!

Elmyra....the choice of a new generation

Printer-friendly copy | Top

Topic Outline
Subject Author Message Date ID
You need a special lind a mic for retarded kids...
Scratch17
Oct 02nd 1999
???
Scratch17
Oct 02nd 1999
Yeah...you did OK...
Oct 03rd 1999
Scratch these!!!
Oct 03rd 1999
even steven..
peacer
Oct 04th 1999
its close but the cigar goes to dvs.. (puff) puff-nice lines scratch
DAME
Oct 04th 1999
      Not bad!!
Oct 04th 1999
round 1
Oct 04th 1999
      i dont know
Dazed
Oct 04th 1999
           this was definitely a close 1
Oct 04th 1999
                DVS
Sherlock_Holmes
Oct 04th 1999
Steak It Out
Scratch17
Oct 04th 1999
nice nice indeed...
ABboT
Oct 04th 1999
Round 2, then...
Oct 05th 1999
judge fair!!!??!!
peacer
Oct 05th 1999
Ding...Ding!!
Oct 05th 1999
oh damn scratch almost alomst so close damn, im cant help
DAME
Oct 05th 1999
      its like this...
Oct 05th 1999
      Come on Sugar Ray
Scratch17
Oct 05th 1999
           upset in the makin
peacer
Oct 05th 1999
                round 2... scratch17
Dazed
Oct 05th 1999
Round 3 Begins...
Oct 05th 1999
Now!!!!
Oct 05th 1999
This is the End....
Scratch17
Oct 05th 1999
      dont make me choose...
ABboT
Oct 05th 1999
      after further consideration....
ABboT
Oct 05th 1999
           It's like this...
Oct 05th 1999
      I got my gavel
Oct 05th 1999
           hmm
Sherlock_Holmes
Oct 05th 1999
CulTurE
Oct 05th 1999
                     I resent that remark...
Oct 06th 1999
FUCK...
EKWT
Oct 05th 1999
god damnnnnnn....
Dazed
Oct 05th 1999
My vote? DVS
newguy
Oct 06th 1999
FINAL CHANCE TO VOTE...BATTLE ENDS ON FRIDAY!!
Oct 07th 1999
I vote...
Scratch17
Oct 07th 1999
      great battle!!!!
peacer
Oct 09th 1999

Scratch17

Sat Oct-02-99 12:07 PM

1. "You need a special lind a mic for retarded kids..."
In response to Reply # 0

Time to blur your vision, like you got catyrax/<BR>These verbal attacks,beat your ass, as I laugh/<BR>So prepare yourself, you need wealth to rhyme wit me/<BR>Cause every line you battle, cost you mad money/<BR>You're not worthy of my lines, my lines are divine/<BR>You can quit now, like you were Richard Nixon/<BR>Here's my depiction, of a linchin'/<BR>Sacks your pinchin', and you'll be flinchin'/<BR>You can't fuck with me, fuck ya wit my lyrical Tai Chi/<BR>Like Tanya Harding, bust up your knee/<BR>Your flame broiled like a Burger King Whopper/<BR>Sittin at home like a QVC shopper/<BR>As I sit here, drinkin' fine malt liquor/<BR>Makin you sicker and sicker, like a drink i'll mix ya/<BR>On my top ten emcee list, you don't exist/<BR>Don't get mad and raise your fist, or the panelists/<BR>Will dismiss, vote Scratch17 the hottest/<P>PEACE<P>Bring it...DVS<BR>

Scratch17

Sat Oct-02-99 11:52 PM

2. "???"
In response to Reply # 0

Is this going the way its supposed to?

DivineVersatile
Charter member
5491 posts
Sun Oct-03-99 03:57 PM

Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profileClick to add this author to your buddy list
3. "Yeah...you did OK..."
In response to Reply # 0

Now...prepare to see excellence. Round One (Ding!)<P>

MY VERY OWN HIPPIDY-HOP! I'M GOING TO LOVE YOU AND PLAY WITH YOU FOR EVER AND EVER!!!

DivineVersatile
Charter member
5491 posts
Sun Oct-03-99 04:06 PM

4. "Scratch these!!!"
In response to Reply # 0

I attack subliminal with lyrics that liquidate your skeletal...<BR>Hanging out with Bill Cosby, change your name to "Jello Gelatin"...<BR>Did the math, took the "7" minus "1" to make the "6"....<BR>Tripled up 'cause its' a devil trying to pick you off my dick...<BR>Calling you little shorty Lotrimin...malt liquor connoiseur...<BR>'Cause its all you can afford when all your lyrics are manure...<BR>I manifest the Zest, 99.44% sure...<BR>To Scratch the smiles up off your face while dicking ghetto folklore...<BR>Your whole presentation was a whore and I could tell it by the stench...<BR>Like your name was Dennis Rodman have you riding on the bench in the 4th quarter...<BR>One slaughter, one lyric, Indivisible...<BR>Why no one hit your posts, treated them shits like they invisible...<BR>But never personal...just want to send you to rehearse...<BR>While you mumblin' to your family how you need help on a verse...<BR>I relay to you the curse just like the movie, call it "Mummy"...<BR>I be impacting all these facts on your back like crash dummies!<P>Break!!! To the corner with you!!! No more of this foolishness!!!<P>DVSJ

peacer

Mon Oct-04-99 04:58 AM

5. "even steven.."
In response to Reply # 4

this is sooo close. scratch i love like line..your flame broiled like a burger king whopper/sittin at home like a QVC shopper. <BR>i also love the line from dvs that goes..why no one hit your posts, treated them shits like they invisible. lookin forward to round 2<BR>peaCER

DAME

Mon Oct-04-99 06:11 AM

6. "its close but the cigar goes to dvs.. (puff) puff-nice lines scratch"
In response to Reply # 5

D.a.m. n)- (1) metaphor user (2) certified okayplayer (3) wordplayer (4) part time story teller....<P>"and if i loose my voice n*g*a then ima flow online"- JADA(MUAH)KISS -L.O.X.

ToeJam
Charter member
2102 posts
Mon Oct-04-99 06:49 AM

7. "Not bad!!"
In response to Reply # 6

Both y'all had some good jukes. DVS's came through a little harder, but he had the advantage going second. Scratch17 did a good job starting from Scratch. I want to see where you two take it from here before I give out any golden tickets...

joe
Charter member
42 posts
Mon Oct-04-99 07:55 AM

8. "round 1"
In response to Reply # 4

~5~<BR>dvsj wins round 1.it was tie but that nixon line just didnt flow well with the rest <P>Forget of my name... Remeber it only as a handshake... introduction to my Belief which is God... Ride instead the waves of my Interpreture... Music, Sound, Hypnotic if you choose... But truth and life regardless of your<BR>questionable timid compromises... which I intend to erase.. which will erase without hint of reward as I am only a messenger And you a sheep in process of evolutin.. almost at death with yourself and on the staircase of<BR>birth. Soon you may almost forget the smell of your family. --JIMI HENDRIX April 25, 1970 <P><BR>With the wink of an eye<BR>Egos, swell, bust and dive<BR>Kingdoms fall and cry<BR>With the wink of an eye<P>With the wink of an eye<BR>A new born baby cries<BR>And a hundred soldiers die<BR>With the wink of an eye -jimi hendrix

Dazed

Mon Oct-04-99 11:12 AM

9. "i dont know"
In response to Reply # 8

its wierd how dvs the one who is running this is in it. but i do give scratch props he came hard but ding ding round 1 goes to dvs... bring it back scratch i know you go it in you... peace

dancnf00l
Charter member
250 posts
Mon Oct-04-99 02:30 PM

Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profileClick to add this author to your buddy listClick to send message via AOL IM
10. "this was definitely a close 1"
In response to Reply # 9

but my vote is for dvs, definitely feeling both looking forward to the rest! peace

Sherlock_Holmes

Mon Oct-04-99 04:03 PM

11. "DVS"
In response to Reply # 10

DVS got that shit locked like... CVS, haha i just came back from CVS so.. yeah, he took round one, scratch you seem just a lil away.. im lookin forward to 2 n 3

Scratch17

Mon Oct-04-99 06:09 PM

12. "Steak It Out"
In response to Reply # 0

I took initiative, i'm an emcee indian brave/<BR>Too inquisitive, time to put ya in your grave/<BR>I feed lyrics, and the hungry i'll save/<BR>I'm sick of laying out my rhymes for you to enslave/<BR>So once again here comes an emcee battle/<BR>i go first again and this time i'll try to shatter/<BR>Time to fry you up like my pancake batter/<BR>Climb all over you like my grandfather's ladder/<BR>My rhymes are manure? But i'm sure/ <BR>They're more pure, than an HIV cure/<BR>So in round 2 you go 2nd again/<BR>And as your gettin with men, i get a perfect 10/<BR>Puttin pig emcees in the pen, grabbin Barbie from Ken/<BR>Seperatin' Stimpy from Ren, you say Scratch did it again/<BR>This time i'll win, like tellin' time off Big Ben/<BR>You sit there puzzled, asking "what, where, why, how, and when?"/<P>PEACE<P>DVS Eat it with a sharp knife cause it's tough!<P>Scratch17<P><P><BR>

ABboT

Mon Oct-04-99 07:06 PM

13. "nice nice indeed..."
In response to Reply # 12

first round went to dvs by a nose. second round (so far), scracth, you started off kinds week. you first half coulda been way better. but the second half was just ill. this thing is far from over........<P>the abbot has spoken.

DivineVersatile
Charter member
5491 posts
Tue Oct-05-99 04:44 AM

14. "Round 2, then..."
In response to Reply # 0

a.k.a Mike P

peacer

Tue Oct-05-99 04:50 AM

15. "judge fair!!!??!!"
In response to Reply # 14

you all better judge this battle fair. we all know about DVS but judge fair. what if you were scratch? huh?

DivineVersatile
Charter member
5491 posts
Tue Oct-05-99 04:57 AM

16. "Ding...Ding!!"
In response to Reply # 0

"To Be or not to be" like a famous English soliloquy...<BR>Drinking a 40 ounce of coffee just to break through your monotony...<BR>I demonstrate how real niggaz beat down with the viscosity...<BR>Responsible for Waco and other major atrocities...<BR>The men that I get with I keep it strictly professional...<BR>While you see how we roll and fascinated on some sexual...<BR>Must I ressuscitate your lazy style like Lazarus...<BR>While I affect your mentals like tantric positions with a Succubus...<BR>Son, before you test you best to find your a directive...<BR>Or hit your college up fo 4 classes and two electives...<BR>Follow the leader like the "R", little detective...<BR>Or politic your bargain style to Super K-mart young defective...<P>Whatever. I felt it. Did you? C'mon...you know you felt that. Leggo my nuts! GODDAMNIT LEGGOMYNUTS!!!<P>DVSJ<BR>

DAME

Tue Oct-05-99 06:43 AM

17. "oh damn scratch almost alomst so close damn, im cant help"
In response to Reply # 16

<BR>it tho the metaphor line breakdown with viscocity, ouch....d-v-s...! wins this round<P>D.a.m. n)- (1) metaphor user (2) certified okayplayer (3) wordplayer (4) part time story teller....<P>"and if i loose my voice n*g*a then ima flow online"- JADA(MUAH)KISS -L.O.X.

Quidom
Charter member
1856 posts
Tue Oct-05-99 07:07 AM

Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profileClick to add this author to your buddy listClick to send message via AOL IM
18. "its like this..."
In response to Reply # 17

r1...DVS "impacting all the facts on your back like crash dummies"... went out with a bang.<BR>r2...CulTure last line "what, where, why, how, when" dope one-liner to end it.<BR>r3... We'll see...<BR>Just to clarify some sht... Don't trip that DVS is in the battle. He has minimal control of who advances so don't bother kissing ass!! It's nice of him that he set this tourney up, but he's not the determiner of who wins. It's up to the okayplayers. He tallies our votes at the end of each round (Oct. 8). There are a few people that judge in case of tiebreakers not just DVS so vote for whoever you want. I gave it to him first round becuase he ripped it, and to Scratch 17 r2 because I thought he edged it out with the last line... Be honest, and it'll be all good. The battle is i!! so far, I can't wait for r2!!<P>One.1. Quidom<P>Posts guaranteed to boost IQ's!!!<BR>School's in session...

-_____-

Scratch17

Tue Oct-05-99 07:08 AM

19. "Come on Sugar Ray"
In response to Reply # 17

You swing Rnd. 3 and I'll put you to the test and then to rest.<BR>Shoulda faced you in the Next Round Fool.<BR>Put up your dukes.<BR>PEACE<BR>Scratch17

peacer

Tue Oct-05-99 07:41 AM

20. "upset in the makin"
In response to Reply # 19

i think theres gonna be an upset. i think scratch is winnin this battle so far. we will see in round 3. dvs you become wit.<BR>peaceR

Dazed

Tue Oct-05-99 09:51 AM

21. "round 2... scratch17"
In response to Reply # 20

scratch your 2nd round rhymes was ill as shit... the whole second half of it was off da hook.... this is gonna be a hella good match up. to bad it had to happen so early in this tournament.. both of you keep it up. round 3 is gonna be crazy..<BR>peace<BR>always<BR>dazed

DivineVersatile
Charter member
5491 posts
Tue Oct-05-99 10:34 AM

22. "Round 3 Begins..."
In response to Reply # 0

a.k.a Mike P

DivineVersatile
Charter member
5491 posts
Tue Oct-05-99 10:47 AM

23. "Now!!!!"
In response to Reply # 22

DVS the battle moderator, you phony emulator...<BR>I keep it warmer than the air that's circulatin' the equator...<BR>Mental stamina choke you to Death like Darth Vader...<BR>Get more props in ya section than fried chicken and Now & Laters...<BR>Later, player, won't you russle up 17 emcees...<BR>And I'll strip'em like Lisa Raye of their Bachelor Degrees....<BR>Lyrics I invested and kick at 1 million cc'ss<BR>I could tell from the telpathy you didn't have the weaponry to battle with me...<BR>Kid, you ain't even half as nice...<BR>By the way, your rhymes was sponsored by PlaySkool and Fisher Price...<BR>I keep my shit precise like giving Chineese a vasectomy...<BR>Steady guessing at flavors but never catching the recipe.<P>Done. Good Battle, son...you came with skills. May the best...<BR>

Scratch17

Tue Oct-05-99 11:37 AM

24. "This is the End...."
In response to Reply # 23

The FINAL Battle<BR>><P>My turn to rhyme numero deuce/<BR>So tie up the noose/<BR>Cause DVS is flowin as loose as a prostitutes poose/<BR>I advise you eat your veggies, and drink your juice/<BR>Cause it seems ya bite ya rhymes off of Mother Goose/<BR>I'm smoother than Hans Solo, chew you up like a Rollo/<BR>My rhymes have got ya lost, like Dorothy lookin' for Toto/<BR>You just got gobbled, like Grettel and Hanzel/<BR>The three round show you put on, has just got cancelled/<BR>So quit this rap career, go to Jersey, be a toll man/<BR>Cause your chance of comeback is as big as Gary Coleman's/<BR>I know our rhyme styles are two different strokes/<BR>But in the end check your piggy bank, you'll see that it's broke/<BR>Maybe you'd rhyme cleaner, if you quit all that coke/<BR>No joke, i made ya choke, and fun, i did poke/<BR>My rhymes killed ya with cholesterol, like the thickest egg yolk/<P>PEACE<BR>Good Battle..This was fun...Thanx DVS<BR>Scratch17<P><P><BR>

ABboT

Tue Oct-05-99 12:30 PM

25. "dont make me choose..."
In response to Reply # 24

i'll come back and vote. man o' man, this is tight. i'm gonna go line by line and give each rhyme a grade and see who has the most points after that. thats the only way i think of determining a true winner. back in a few....<P>the abbot has spoken.

ABboT

Tue Oct-05-99 01:31 PM

27. "after further consideration...."
In response to Reply # 25

i'm gonna have to go with scratch17. i read over your rounds and really looked at your rhymes and scratch had like one more line harder than dvs. so, scratch, well done. dvs, you came hard.<P>winner.....scratch17<P>the abbot has spoken.

Quidom
Charter member
1856 posts
Tue Oct-05-99 04:25 PM

29. "It's like this..."
In response to Reply # 27

r1...DVS<BR>r2...Scratch<BR>r3...DVS<BR>This was a great battle. This one, DAME vs. LOCK and TOE vs. QUI are all close, great ones, but I think that DVS ended with a smoother exit. He left his mark... <BR>"By the way, your rhymes was sponsored by PlaySkool and Fisher Price... I keep my shit precise like giving Chineese a vasectomy...<BR>Steady guessing at flavors but never catching the recipe." <BR>That is a damn good way to leave a lasting impression. Scratch was i!!er than sht though... good lookin...<P>One.1. Quidom<P>Posts guaranteed to boost IQ's!!!<BR>School's in session...

-_____-

ToeJam
Charter member
2102 posts
Tue Oct-05-99 12:55 PM

26. "I got my gavel"
In response to Reply # 24

Here it is from me:<P>Round 1: DVS (barely, ya'll were just warming up)<BR>Round 2: Scratch came ALOT harder than his first, but so did DVS....rd.2 DVS<BR>Round 3: Scratch came through in this one, deffinatley his tightest, but...<P>DVS advances (when do I get my check, DVS, j/k)<BR> <BR>Yo Scratch I really like your flow, verses jump off the screen. DVS just packed his too tight!<BR>GOOD BATTLE!<BR>Peace<BR>~Toe

Sherlock_Holmes

Tue Oct-05-99 03:02 PM

28. "hmm"
In response to Reply # 26

Looking overall, round one was DVS, round two was DVS as well, but I decided that if Scratch came nicer in three than he got it, and it was almost tied, so DVS gots it

CulTurE

Tue Oct-05-99 04:30 PM

30. "...."
In response to Reply # 28

dvs came harder but i dont know if all that was off the head or finger or whateva you call it on here..but i give it to dvs..

DivineVersatile
Charter member
5491 posts
Wed Oct-06-99 02:34 AM

33. "I resent that remark..."
In response to Reply # 30

Check the time limit, son. No reason to cheat! But I feel ya...I hope it looks like I cheated. Does more for my ego!!!

EKWT

Tue Oct-05-99 05:52 PM

31. "FUCK..."

DVS - rd. 1<BR>Scratch - rd. 2<BR>DVS - kept it tight in rd. 3...the whole battle was tight, but DVS comes away with this round<P>DVS wins this gridiron challenge...these judgements are too hard to make though, FUCK!

Dazed

Tue Oct-05-99 07:11 PM

32. "god damnnnnnn...."
In response to Reply # 31

i liked scratch in 2 and 3 .... truthfully im impressed with these two. its like they were feeding off each other. one came hard the other came crazy. it was insane.. I give scratch the belt for this one.

newguy

Wed Oct-06-99 10:28 AM

34. "My vote? DVS"

Round 1 winner - DVS. "I be impacting all these facts on your back like crash dummies!" DVS' verse was better overall than Scratch's, but this line BURIED Scratch for this round. This was also Scratch's weakest round.<P>Round 2 winner - DVS. I was ready to give this round to Scratch, but then I read the verses over a few moe times. Scratch's flow in his last six lines were impeccable! Fuckin' disgusting. If I'd heard somebody flow those lines live I would have broken something in the room. But this is online...flow is very important, but since it's online, lyrical content is more important. And when DVS came with "Or hit your college up fo 4 classes and two electives/Follow the leader like the "R", little detective.../Or politic your bargain style to Super K-mart young defective" it sealed Scratch's fate in round 2. That last line was like a bullet to the dome....goddamn! "...politic your bargain style to Super K-mart young DEFECTIVE" Geezus! Round 2...DVS.<P>Round 3 - DVS. Both emcees weakest verses in my opinion. Scratch's came strong in his first 3 lines, but again, after reading these verses over and over, I have to give the final round to DVS by a narrow margin. "Steady guessing at flavors but never catching the recipe." DVS be ending his verses with some fuckin knock out blows! Think about that line for a minute.... "...guessing at flavors but never catching the recipe" Geezus.<P>DVS advances. Scratch was good competition though. He just needed more hard hitting lines.<P>PEACE<P>Doug (The New Guy)<BR>"While you exist in a perpetual state of mediocrity, I be droppin these on ya dome"

DivineVersatile
Charter member
5491 posts
Thu Oct-07-99 06:12 AM

35. "FINAL CHANCE TO VOTE...BATTLE ENDS ON FRIDAY!!"
In response to Reply # 0

a.k.a Mike P

Scratch17

Thu Oct-07-99 06:36 PM

36. "I vote..."
In response to Reply # 35

I vote for Scratch17 he ripped up his section as if he was the boss... Thanx for the battle DVS...That was definitely entertaining. Create another in due time...cause i'm ready to rhyme..and i couldn't respond to your e-mail.(something with your address)

peacer

Sat Oct-09-99 07:53 AM

37. "great battle!!!!"
In response to Reply # 36

if scratch was up against anyone else i think he would have advanced. dvs just and when i say just i mean just edged scratch out. props to the both of you. i enjoyed the battle. peace<BR>PEACEr

Lobby Freestyle Board Freestyle Board Archives topic #2125 Previous topic | Next topic