Printer-friendly copy Email this topic to a friend
Lobby Freestyle Board Freestyle Board Archives topic #18803

Subject: "'dub Invitational Week Twelve: "Define Love" Collab Track" Previous topic | Next topic
hdub
Member since Oct 19th 2004
3265 posts
Mon May-01-06 08:36 AM

Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profileClick to add this author to your buddy list
"'dub Invitational Week Twelve: "Define Love" Collab Track"

Aight aight, I tried my best to bring folks out into that last thread, but it seems like a large part of this board is sleeping. For real, once I first heard the tracks we has for last week I was expecting it to be one of those crazy battles. One of those things where we got the whole board arguing back and forth passionately about all the tracks. I mean damn, I'm glad to see that this tournament has largely gone down with no major beefing, but at the same time we need to get that energy up because we are getting down to it. When there are rhymes this hot the MC's deserve feedback and something more than looks to know they got support

This is the last two weeks- we got this blazing tracks and then this Friday we got Lif versus Sha going for the gold. I couldn't keep sitting on this cause it just wasn't fair to the folks who've been participating through this whole thing, but goddammit folks! It better be hyped in here by the time next week rolls around. Anyways, hopefully this collab track will get you guys back into this because like I said- it is hot. Once again I got to say these collabs are probably the thing I'm most excited to see coming out of this- honestly I didn't think it would get done but everybody proved me wrong, and that is one time in my life I couldn't be happier to be caught being wrong on something. This collab doesn't need any more intro from me- the names in the credits alone are enough to let you know how dope this is going to be. I'll see you guys in here this Friday night and between now and then I better see the air start to get electric!

Define Love prod. by Aus // performed by: willi dudat, shakeet lokh em and nile hardin

du:
wanna know what real love is?
its stayin up til three
when you gotta wake up at six;
tweakin a switch, addin the perfect snare to the kick,
knowin that if you quit, you gon' only feel sick:
til you get it fixed, make it legit, so much so,
that know one knows whether or not cha amature or pro;
can't let it go! the drive is embedded in ya soul,
cause only when you finish could you ever feel whole:
noddin to the beat, eyes closed, losin yaself in the track,
in another dimension wishin you didn't have to
go back
in fact, its where you built ya home at,
its a proud devotion and some cats don't understand that:
there's a certain joy when you hearin what you birthed, from embryonic to ready for the earth- i've kicked, screamed and
cursed- in the process
but i made progress
this is how i define love best:

shakeet:
Too many times I took my life for granted/
Walkin the street I felt like, 'whatver happens happens'/
Between the gun clappin, and the undercovers trappin/
Mothers chest grabbin, prayin life is less tragic/
For her kids/ Will it be funerals? Or a bid?/
Well hopefully the kid shoots for the stratosphere.../
It was my biggest fear/ plantin seeds in a landfill/
The city man, where love's at a stand still/
But, in Apil 02, the fable of you, came due/
Havin children was a fairytale made true/
Twin sons, Tyler and Tyson, yall ease my pain/
And my stepson Chris, we on an even plane/
No altered love cuz you not my blood/
I love you just the same as your brothers, promise that on a
dove/
I'm so imperfect, tortured visceral/
But still yall lovin daddy unconditional/

don't have nile's verse tho...

but here it is anyway!!!

http://www.soundclick.com/bands/songInfo.cfm?bandID=501713&songID=3859721

enjoy...

du

...(the end)...

Printer-friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote | Top

Topic Outline
Subject Author Message Date ID
you there AUS???
May 01st 2006
just came off natural...
May 01st 2006
Co~Signage ...
May 01st 2006
RE: 'dub Invitational Week Twelve: "Define Love" Collab Track
May 01st 2006
May 01st 2006
May 01st 2006
May 02nd 2006
DOPE!!
May 05th 2006
glad you like...
May 06th 2006

willi_dudat
Member since Jul 26th 2005
8272 posts
Mon May-01-06 09:40 AM

Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profileClick to add this author to your buddy list
1. "you there AUS???"
In response to Reply # 0

did i keep my promise???

over and out
du

"It's the return of the gangsta, thanks ta..."

-du

blak_yukon
Charter member
3901 posts
Mon May-01-06 02:00 PM

Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profileClick to add this author to your buddy list
2. "just came off natural..."
In response to Reply # 0

when likeminds converge...it's a boo.ta.ful thing,y'know?

<--get grown,bus!--

me and the fellas would converge and heat up some Hot Pockets in preparation for Rap City.© Roc

let's talk:
http://yukonmag.com

PhotoSynthesis
Charter member
16101 posts
Mon May-01-06 11:41 PM

6. "Co~Signage ..."
In response to Reply # 2

*Synergistic*

A guitar string vibrating, a measure of my soul, a breech in the silence --
I've always felt like words come through me & I write them down... they have no master --- gsquared ♥

http://www.soundclick.com/bands/2/photosynthesis_music.htm

Auriz Deep
Member since Jun 01st 2005
541 posts
Mon May-01-06 08:24 PM

3. "RE: 'dub Invitational Week Twelve: &quot;Define Love&quot; Collab Track"
In response to Reply # 0
Mon May-01-06 08:27 PM by Auriz Deep

Now, I know I'm not sposed 2a judge someone over another on a collab track...

But Nile outshined ALOT of ANYBODY I've heard lately...

And still, Will and Shakeet did the dam thing as well.

This was nice. Not impressive---

Cuz I sorta expected the quality to be as good as it.

But I'm juss takin that shit outta context.

the_best_part
Member since Jan 13th 2005
1823 posts
Mon May-01-06 10:20 PM

Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profileClick to add this author to your buddy listClick to send message via AOL IM
4. "RE: 'dub Invitational Week Twelve: "Define Love" Collab Track"
In response to Reply # 0

i had to listen to this a few times to let the verses sink in because, honestly i was so moved by the music i found myself tryna tune out the voices. Aus, is that you? wonderful job. inspiring, even.

when i got over the music, i felt all three verses. willi managed to touch on the struggles and victory of creating a piece of art. the love of what he does is obvious.

shakeet man, your lyrics are always on point. i dont know where you pull those phrases from. its genius.

nile seems so confident in his delivery. i wasnt crazy about the lyrics but you have that kinda flow that can pull you in with rhythm and presence even if the lyrics dont quite touch you.

and once again, the production, the beat...i could just vibe to to the instrumental.

great job guys. and thanks for delivering.

@asiaradiant

sikstyle
Member since Apr 27th 2005
640 posts
Mon May-01-06 11:37 PM

Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profileClick to add this author to your buddy listClick to send message via AOL IM
5. "RE: 'dub Invitational Week Twelve: "Define Love" Collab Track"
In response to Reply # 0

dope as expected, props to everyone who got this done. nice concept, beat, deliveries, n everythin. aiiiiiiiight

"I walk around with sick styles, sippin on cristal, my whole cliques wild, I'm rich pal no more sticks I'm making hits now... when I recite you takin hours to write, so if you fight just tell ya man what kinda flowers you like"
-Big L

Nile
Member since Feb 01st 2006
49 posts
Tue May-02-06 10:44 PM

7. "RE: 'dub Invitational Week Twelve: "Define Love" Collab Track"
In response to Reply # 0

I made a song. It was fun. YAAAY.

Universal Truth Allah
Member since Apr 27th 2006
170 posts
Fri May-05-06 09:14 PM

8. "DOPE!!"
In response to Reply # 0

Aus on the beat? killed it. Impressive and soulful, the hottest beat I heard yet from him. My mans an em WIll and Sha came through solidly, both of yall repped lovely. I like how yall interpreted the topic in your own words. Soulfully too. Yall get yall propers. But the kid Nile- whoo! His verse was perhaps the most simple, but he just cleaned up. Hit the nail on the head and all that good stuff. All of you are talented cats, and Nile really shined on this one in my eyes. Just a dope song, the concept, the beat, the emcees, shit even the the hook was dope! And I hate hooks.

Yall killed it. What more can I say? Well, I can say do some more flippin songs. I'd make some beats for the cause too.

Good work fellers.

willi_dudat
Member since Jul 26th 2005
8272 posts
Sat May-06-06 01:06 AM

9. "glad you like..."
In response to Reply # 8

we kinda went along with a concept i directed but i cant take credit for the contributors... the lyricists on this jawn are outstanding and i find it a pleasure to work with them... i had fun and i hope they did as well as express themselves...

over and out
du

"It's the return of the gangsta, thanks ta..."

-du

Lobby Freestyle Board Freestyle Board Archives topic #18803 Previous topic | Next topic