Printer-friendly copy Email this topic to a friend
Lobby Freestyle Board Freestyle Board Archives topic #18204

Subject: "2006 Dub Invitational: ~***SOUTHERNBOY vs HDUB***~(week 3)" Previous topic | Next topic
sikstyle
Member since Apr 27th 2005
640 posts
Fri Feb-24-06 01:34 AM

Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profileClick to add this author to your buddy listClick to send message via AOL IM
"2006 Dub Invitational: ~***SOUTHERNBOY vs HDUB***~(week 3)"

WITH YOUR SPECIAL GUEST REFEREE... sikstyle, aka SIKmIND, aka 'stilo-enfermo, aka... oh wait, this isnt about me...

weeks 1 and 2 went even better than I expected, this is on fire right now, but it dont stop here. This week we're matchin Southernboy versus my homey Hdub, the dude that "makes this look easy" vs the rising rookie. SB has been consistently ill, and dub has improved exponentially with every drop, so we dont really know what to expect, other than fire from both of theses artists.

Both of you have til 8:00pm tonight to post (friday 2/24). POST in this thread, do not inbox. put ya lyrics up too, and remember THE POWER IS YOURS (c) Captain Planet. SIK-CREST, OUT!!

"I walk around with sick styles, sippin on cristal, my whole cliques wild, I'm rich pal no more sticks I'm making hits now... when I recite you takin hours to write, so if you fight just tell ya man what kinda flowers you like"
-Big L

Printer-friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote | Top

Topic Outline
Subject Author Message Date ID
let's get it on ....
Feb 24th 2006
RE: 2006 Dub Invitational: ~***SOUTHERNBOY vs HDUB***~(week 3)
Feb 24th 2006
Feb 24th 2006
Feb 27th 2006
*sits back in the stands w/the crowd*
Feb 24th 2006
I'm up next week?!
Feb 24th 2006
my links and lyrics...
Feb 24th 2006
Yoooooooo ...
Feb 26th 2006
      RE: Yoooooooo ...
Feb 27th 2006
           I Wonder ....
Mar 02nd 2006
                i was one of those who thought that...
Mar 02nd 2006
                     Itz Kool Blak ...
Mar 02nd 2006
                          RE: Itz Kool Blak ...
Mar 03rd 2006
"Sub me in"
Feb 24th 2006
is it just me?
Feb 24th 2006
RE:Sub me in
Feb 24th 2006
      ok ok coach, I'll play the pine...
Feb 25th 2006
           RE: ok ok coach, I'll play the pine...
Feb 25th 2006
                RE: ok ok coach, I'll play the pine...
Feb 25th 2006
                     come on SB...
Feb 25th 2006
                     definitely get something in...
Feb 27th 2006

Zin
Member since Jan 21st 2004
2972 posts
Fri Feb-24-06 02:46 AM

Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profileClick to add this author to your buddy listClick to send message via AOL IM
1. "let's get it on ...."
In response to Reply # 0

i didn't vote on the yukon jaunt cause ya'll know how me and yukon get down ...........but i have been putting in work but the rest i'ma keep to my self ....we gonna do the audio thing real big .....LETS GO!!!!! ya'll lucky i don't got the studio in the crib like i want it ....and this cheap ass mic .......it's okay tho ......

sig.~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Guess who's Back

hdub
Member since Oct 19th 2004
3265 posts
Fri Feb-24-06 10:55 AM

Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profileClick to add this author to your buddy list
2. "RE: 2006 Dub Invitational: ~***SOUTHERNBOY vs HDUB***~(week 3)"
In response to Reply # 0

first off- yo sik thanks for stepping in this week

i just wanted to make sure to throw the schedule for the rest of the first round in here just so nobody can say they weren't warned:

WEEK FOUR Friday 3/3:

Nile vs. Shakeet Lohk Em

WEEK FIVE Friday 3/10:

willi_dudat vs. Esszential

WEEK SIX Friday 3/17:

Miracleric vs. Prolif

so next week it's on you nile and sha inbox me your links and lyrics by 8pm on the 3rd

thats all for now- im putting the finishing touches on my joint for this week so ill be back with that later

...(the end)...

the unknown
Member since Apr 02nd 2005
439 posts
Fri Feb-24-06 11:32 AM

Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profileClick to add this author to your buddy list
3. "RE: 2006 Dub Invitational: ~***SOUTHERNBOY vs HDUB***~(week 3)"
In response to Reply # 0

you both are garbage. don't waist the people's time. here's a reminder the the bling bling era is over. real artist have come back. damn monkees

when i spit i flood the block and walk on water like christ/ i'm a mix of jay-z and nas which makes me twice as nice
-
the unknown

smeagol
Member since May 13th 2005
16 posts
Mon Feb-27-06 01:17 AM

Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profileClick to add this author to your buddy list
15. "RE: 2006 Dub Invitational: ~***SOUTHERNBOY vs HDUB***~(week 3)"
In response to Reply # 3

>you both are garbage. don't waist the people's time. here's a
>reminder the the bling bling era is over. real artist have
>come back. damn monkees

smeagol likes the bling bling, it is precious. but we see you are bringing in the new era of horrendous spelling, ahhhhh yessssss

blak_yukon
Charter member
3901 posts
Fri Feb-24-06 01:32 PM

4. "*sits back in the stands w/the crowd*"
In response to Reply # 0

<--s'right--

me and the fellas would converge and heat up some Hot Pockets in preparation for Rap City.© Roc

let's talk:
yukonmag.com

Shakeet Lokh Em
Member since Mar 22nd 2005
3452 posts
Fri Feb-24-06 01:38 PM

Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profileClick to add this author to your buddy listClick to send message via AOL IM
5. "I'm up next week?!"
In response to Reply # 0

Man, I haven't even started writing yet. Let alone pick a track. Crap. LOL Anyway, lemme sit back and enjoy this exhibition.

"I'm scientific, but my reflex gangsta"- Black Thought

hdub
3265 posts
Fri Feb-24-06 07:50 PM

Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profileClick to add this author to your buddy list
6. "my links and lyrics..."
In response to Reply # 0
Fri Feb-24-06 07:54 PM by hdub

...you know i had to wait right up until the deadline to make an entrance and shit-- good luck southernboy.

heres my link:

http://www.soundclick.com/bands/songInfo.cfm?bandID=357048&songID=3548898

and the lyrics:

used to ride the trains just to pass the time
cutting classes when i found my passion- rhymes
learned classic lines- had headphones on blast
Raps and grass- shit that kept me going like gas
getting lifted i was gifted with the path to surpass
past my circumstances- feel outside my self
went through days in trances with hip hops’ help
pushing trees in the streets- while I moved to the beat
paranoia would creep- but i turned up the heat
on the tracks- i would relax- to each MC’s speech
lost in rhythm- staying hidden in verse
life hurts- this music helped me to traverse
this earth- now always stay progressing
rhymes my method for processing
my questions when stressing-
digesting, expressing- it all happens when i write
i get tight but feel nice if i light up and type
that’s right- its like emceeings inside me
‘cause i’ve grown up with rap being right beside me
to guide me through my best and through my worst
head bobbing i’m immersed
in a universe birthed
on the streets of my city
where the grinding be gritty
no pity to be found so this the sound
of those trodden down- huddled, hustling, struggling
all the soldiers who keep new york streets bubbling
our lives be troubling- so we never could rest
we never sleep cause sleep be the cousin of death
if you always look right you not watching your left
like while caesar slept all his enemies crept
to best connect direct to the heart of our spirit
when i hear a beat i spit hot lead in lyrics
to shoot down- whatever might be coming right at me
i rhyme to tell the world it could never fucking drag me
down- to the ground- im always moving to heights
you could never stop my soul ‘cause it flies when i write

****edit- this beat is from the remix to nas' new york state of mind pt. II

...(the end)...

PhotoSynthesis
Charter member
16101 posts
Sun Feb-26-06 01:47 PM

14. "Yoooooooo ..."
In response to Reply # 6
Sun Feb-26-06 01:54 PM by PhotoSynthesis

Dub darlin', you sound so much more relaxed and comfortable with your voice this time! -- -- *Word*

And the lyrics are autobiographical in a signature quality way -- *smiles*

I'm impressed! -- You done good ...

Especially right here:

>digesting, expressing- it all happens when i write
>i get tight but feel nice if i light up and type
>that’s right- its like emceeings inside me
>‘cause i’ve grown up with rap being right beside me
>to guide me through my best and through my worst
>head bobbing i’m immersed
>in a universe birthed
>on the streets of my city
>where the grinding be gritty
>no pity to be found so this the sound
>of those trodden down- huddled, hustling, struggling
>all the soldiers who keep new york streets bubbling
>our lives be troubling- so we never could rest
>we never sleep cause sleep be the cousin of death

( Being a "closet~New Yorker" -- I can relate to your mindset! -- )

We'll just have to wait & see what the SouthernBoy's efforts look like, huh? --

A guitar string vibrating, a measure of my soul, a breech in the silence --
I've always felt like words come through me & I write them down... they have no master --- gsquared ♥

http://www.soundclick.com/bands/2/photosynthesis_music.htm

hdub
3265 posts
Mon Feb-27-06 01:03 PM

17. "RE: Yoooooooo ..."
In response to Reply # 14

many thanks as always for the feedback

i hope i still get some input on this audio even tho we have a DQ on our hands

and i still hope we'll see something from southern before Friday night

maybe if more people are showing that they'll give us feedback he'll be motivated to put something up

...(the end)...

PhotoSynthesis
Charter member
16101 posts
Thu Mar-02-06 06:26 PM

18. "I Wonder ...."
In response to Reply # 17

If folks *know* they ain't gotta wait for SouthernBoy to post his shyt, B~4 they peep & critique yours! -- *Hmmmmmmmm*

I mean -- Really! -- *Photo Rolls Eyes*

I've always felt like words come through me & I write them down... they have no master --- gsquared ♥

blak_yukon
Charter member
3901 posts
Thu Mar-02-06 07:22 PM

19. "i was one of those who thought that..."
In response to Reply # 18
Thu Mar-02-06 07:22 PM by blak_yukon

aight...hdub,you're still figuring your "lane" vocally. flow is straight but that "umph" isn't quite peeking through yet. i tell this to tek alot...you have the idea now it's just a case of practice.practice. and more practice...

<--s'right--

me and the fellas would converge and heat up some Hot Pockets in preparation for Rap City.© Roc

let's talk:
http://yukonmag.com

PhotoSynthesis
Charter member
16101 posts
Thu Mar-02-06 07:34 PM

20. "Itz Kool Blak ..."
In response to Reply # 19

The only reason I said that is cuz Southern missed the deadline date already, so at this point, he can flow the tightest ass flow in the world and it's still not gonna be considered (against Dub's) -- nahmean?

So there's no need in comparing the two -- We can just critique what's here til' SB throws down his flow 4 review.

If I'm wrong -- I stand corrected -- But I "think" that's how it is --

I just hope aaiiirybody else is on point and "ON TIME" with their agenda, so we ain't gotta wait --

hdub
3265 posts
Fri Mar-03-06 10:22 AM

21. "RE: Itz Kool Blak ..."
In response to Reply # 20

thanks both of you for feedback- glad you guys still seeing progress

i definitely co-sign on this:

>
>I just hope aaiiirybody else is on point and "ON TIME" with
>their agenda, so we ain't gotta wait --

belive it or not though i already have most of the rest of the first round in my inbox cause people seem to be eager

as far as southern he knows where im at-- cant do nothing about this competition cause as you can see its a tight schedule and we got to keep it moving but i know hes dealing with a lot so if he ever wants to do new recordings and have an audio throwdown all he needs to do is make a post

this things got another ten hours though before i put the new stuff up hopefully i can get one or two critiques before we move on cause that's really one of the main things this is all about for me

i know people were listening

shit, at this rate maybe ill just post it up down there as a regular audio post i think im an underdog in this i need all the feedback i can get

...(the end)...

Nile
Member since Feb 01st 2006
49 posts
Fri Feb-24-06 10:50 PM

7. ""Sub me in""
In response to Reply # 0

Looks like we got us a DQ. "Hey coach, put me in!" If SouthernBoy does post then I'll edit this out. If not, I got this week and next week. Hell I just want to keep this thing moving. Last two weeks have been much better than I expected. "GetFilthy!"

http://web.mac.com/the144000/iWeb/Site/Artist.html
Where?
Nile Hardin

Hook:
Where are you going /Where have you been/ If it is ending when did it begin(repeat)

Verse I.
I’m Nile Hardin yes sir I am that nice/ I took ya DNA to clone you and kill you twice/ verbal homicide makeit a double / like St. Joes we on the bubble/ ‘bout to blow do you want trouble/ didn’t think so/ the flow like river water/ raise your sons teach ya daughters giving orders shoot first/ cause the second one to shoot leaks the worst/ fuck image long as I obey my thirst/ I’m one hot beat away from a million in sales or one hotheaded cop from life in jail/ the “Grammar KingPin” prince of verbs/ shit on the rhythm to fertilize my words/ absurd thoughts of golden mics diamonds in my turntables/ fuck A and Rs/ burning up these major labels/ thoughts Malcolm riding solo through the galaxy/ strong as a wookie in a silver falcon/ watching the Kill Bill opus/ laying like a snake charmer/ planting seeds in Hip-Hop call me the Farmer/ smarty jones on the track got the beat on tilt/ foundation made of steel brick walls I’m built/ I play mics like Wilt the Stilt/ exaggerated feedback/ a weekend at the Hilton A.C. man I need that/ Lean Back got alot to say / Do the Rock-a-Way/ South Philly Gun Club I purchased it on Gloc Day/
Hook:

Verse II:
I’m about to bust like M-80’s at a pay phone/gown man flow you kids stay home/ don’t listen to the punks they no nothing ‘bout chrome/ the gloc is all black t-shirts is all white/. unless you got blood stains from leaking in the fight/ asthmatic conversations got you choking on the mic/ I’m prestigious/ I’m the preacher/ that's too religious I’m the teacher /all you rappers need better features/ betters flows better show sounds and get downs/ better conjunctions better adverbs and pronouns/ profound thoughts of a king when i speak/I love philly but truth be told/ “FUCK JOHN STREET”/ riding in a drop or he train/ its a;; the same but its not/ coal is a diamond and a diamonds a rock/ coked up mics i need my fix /I’m like Jordan in Game 6 the zone i’m in/ can I ricochet 2 shot off ya chin/ if it starts right now tell me when will it end/ the rap guillotine taking off ya wig/ I need stability like foster kids and understand/

Hook:

Verse III: The last chance for 2maro/ I bet on hope and joy not pain and sorrow so tell ya boys/ Like the Roy jr.’s and MJ’s him stay right on top real comfy and I like my spot/ I find paradise tucked between the pad and the pen fast forward see the future rewind play it to win/ say it again/ it the return of graffiti busting off in Neferteri drawls got history pregnant/ checking the segment/ speilberg directed/ me and the mic go back like car seats and bad credit/ forget it...

Hook:

The Symbols Of An Independent Mind.

the_best_part
Member since Jan 13th 2005
1823 posts
Fri Feb-24-06 11:17 PM

8. "is it just me?"
In response to Reply # 7

i cant get the track to play.

@asiaradiant

hdub
3265 posts
Fri Feb-24-06 11:46 PM

9. "RE:Sub me in"
In response to Reply # 7
Fri Feb-24-06 11:52 PM by hdub

it plays for me--- but take it easy nile, it sucks to have a dq but i dont wanna spoil the flow of the end of this

...(the end)...

Nile
Member since Feb 01st 2006
49 posts
Sat Feb-25-06 12:18 AM

10. "ok ok coach, I'll play the pine..."
In response to Reply # 9

I just really didn't want you to put in all that good work for nothing. I can sit tight till next game. But come the 3rd day of the 3rd month..." I'm starting!"

http://web.mac.com/the144000/iWeb

The Symbols Of An Independent Mind.

hdub
3265 posts
Sat Feb-25-06 01:04 AM

11. "RE: ok ok coach, I'll play the pine..."
In response to Reply # 10

dont worry its not for nothing ill get feedback-- i appreciate the offer tho cause it is important to keep momentum

but i just wanna keep this one rhyme directly up against another with new and fresh combos each week

this isnt ideal but i think its best if we just stick with the schedule

...(the end)...

southernboy_423
Member since May 12th 2005
847 posts
Sat Feb-25-06 03:20 AM

12. "RE: ok ok coach, I'll play the pine..."
In response to Reply # 11

yo i really missed this shit my bad peeps, but i'll have something drawed up in a day or so, and we can repost...he can do somethin new
so it wont be like i read his shit and then replied but ima do that shit asap and get this thang popping

peace

willi_dudat
Member since Jul 26th 2005
8272 posts
Sat Feb-25-06 11:01 AM

13. "come on SB..."
In response to Reply # 12

i was lookin forward to this one too...

especially with the success of this shit... i knew this one was gon be on point... get it done duke...

my shit is ready but imma sit on it til its my time to shine...

"Creative Slump" the full orchestrated production from yours truly comin soon, nyikkuhs...

"It's the return of the gangsta, thanks ta..."

-du

hdub
3265 posts
Mon Feb-27-06 01:01 PM

16. "definitely get something in..."
In response to Reply # 12

...cause this is your week to shine and get feedback, but at this point this is definitely an official DQ

...(the end)...

Lobby Freestyle Board Freestyle Board Archives topic #18204 Previous topic | Next topic