Printer-friendly copy Email this topic to a friend
Lobby Freestyle Board Freestyle Board Archives topic #18136

Subject: "hdub Invitational Week Two: BarTek vs. blak_yukon" Previous topic | Next topic
hdub
Member since Oct 19th 2004
3265 posts
Fri Feb-17-06 12:20 PM

Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profileClick to add this author to your buddy list
"hdub Invitational Week Two: BarTek vs. blak_yukon"
Fri Feb-17-06 12:25 PM by hdub

Alright folks it's that time again, well actually it's about 8 hours early but some shit came up this weekend and after this I won't be able to post again until Sunday afternoon, so I'm throwing this thread up a little early to fend off any real serious delays. Zin congratulations on a nice first round those were two really tight audios and I couldn't have imagined a better way to kick this thing off, we'll see you in round two. Anyways, since I had to do things a bit differently for this week here's how it's going to go down:

I already have blak's stuff so that's getting put up right now. Tek you need to paste a link and some lyrics into this thread by 8pm, NOT IN MY INBOX. I checked and Tek's been on the boards throughout the past few days, so I'm going to inbox him about this change and I don't think I have any reason to expect everything will be anything but copacetic. I will be checking the time stamps though and if Tek's post is late that's a DQ.

Now, sorry for all these complications but I realized that next week it's me vs. southernboy. Obviously it would be a little shady if I had the verses inboxed to me so southern we will both be inboxing our verses to sikstyle by 8pm next Friday the 24th. While we're at it here's the rest of the schedule for the first round:

WEEK THREE Friday 2/24:

hdub vs. southernboy_423

WEEK FOUR Friday 3/3:

Nile vs. Shakeet Lohk Em

WEEK FIVE Friday 3/10:

willi_dudat vs. Esszential

WEEK SIX Friday 3/17:

Miracleric vs. Prolif

Anyways enough with the rest of this shit let's get on to the tracks!!!! Coming up first we have the reporter for our own little Daily Planet, you could call him Clark Kent, but once you hear him rap you'll know he's FAR from mild-mannered....the one...the only BLAK_YUKON!!!! Later today we've got a beast of an MC from the land of snow and ski's one of my personal favorites on this board....BarTek!!!!!

Both of these guys have been on here doing this for a long time so this should be dope as hell- shit having heard yulon's already I know it already is, here we go:

http://www.myspace.com/vicversus

"If I had a DJ"

let's say it was memorial weekend
ever catch yourself around pacing with doubt?
no doe slows down whether or not
you leave the house
that being the case,
like crack fiends to embrace a lincoln
gotcha'thinkin'
to be at ease,right
it's only from the love of the green,right
is it really? ok
i'm startin'to believe cause you see
anyone within circumference of i
if i with no grants run quick
brothers is done quick
on the mind at times so a nig can hold a hundred
might have to snipe on the roof like m'mans Mohammad
on some...i peeped you at the atm
i gotcha',y'know

hook

hard to scribe my first line
on my hate yet need for loot
makes the most civil aim and shoot
wake to another day with thoughts
of other ways to come up on something
legal slow and coming
lucky to break even to nothing
once others have they hand in the pot
cut on a video see what this rapper got
got me thinking since we got the same background
i should've been on the bench with them
with bent spoons
pirex stead of sketchpads, pen(s)
latch key, wanting to please the hopes of a single parent
so i did of sorts
well read with debts and a degree
slow economy
can't hire me
melodically i venture off and enter in
possibilities tucked within sentences
with intent to give voice
for my close or have graduates
bush got doe for iraqis
what about me?

hook

far from a fool
i know all around me cash rule
for the love of the art of it
s'only a part of it
only difference is i slept on it
while those of a little less finesse worked and hustled it
lesson learned,damn
with all that yeah it's a done deal
gotta be love for me to marathon run this
to the wheels fall off
still come off with true to life news for you and i
through faith in the grind
we eat better fuck survivin'
plus we ridin'on all paid off the lot
cause of what a nigga night before had jot
now i'm on the other side of said
let me see what this rapper got
have not turn words and wits
for some acres and plots
brother vince like it's right there if you really want it
unknown veteran holds his own with
any and all vocalists
worldwide back to round way local kids
success my definition is
eating well off my own imagination
fuck that,to the forefront
imagine me mad in the back waiting
mad hating never that
for stacks i'm concentrating like
dj premier's in deep concentration
dj premier's in deep concentration

hook

...(the end)...

Printer-friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote | Top

Topic Outline
Subject Author Message Date ID
BarTek - A Freestyle Motif
Feb 17th 2006
inboxed...
Feb 18th 2006
      right back'atcha...
Feb 18th 2006
my vote
Feb 17th 2006
this is a damn good round too...
Feb 17th 2006
BarTek vs. blak_yukon
Feb 17th 2006
ha...i was waiting in the wings for this...
Feb 17th 2006
"blak_yukon"
Feb 18th 2006
RE: hdub Invitational Week Two: BarTek vs. blak_yukon
Feb 18th 2006
both good
Feb 19th 2006
nice...
Feb 19th 2006
blak_yukon
Feb 20th 2006
Thank you everyone for your feedback...
Feb 20th 2006
RE: Thank you everyone for your feedback...
Feb 20th 2006
      sigh...
Feb 20th 2006
           Understand This MISTER BARTEK ...
Feb 20th 2006
                Umm... No...
Feb 20th 2006
                     No Response ...
Feb 20th 2006
Feb 20th 2006
*tips hat* thanks for checkin'in,folks...
Feb 20th 2006
uppin'....
Feb 22nd 2006
RE: uppin'....
Feb 23rd 2006
Feb 22nd 2006

BarTek
Member since Nov 10th 2002
51250 posts
Fri Feb-17-06 03:02 PM

Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profileClick to add this author to your buddy list
1. "BarTek - A Freestyle Motif"
In response to Reply # 0

I spit the same verse twice on two different beats~

http://www.soundclick.com/afreestylemotif/

~Lyrics~

blak yukon and tek on the same frequency
within.. freestyle regency
a wave length painted by fragments
of life's energy and magnets
whatever drew perceptions there

a picture painted here
it's sort of an asset
to have a talent to rock with
fuck the profits
respect and some piece for the head
its what i said
finances balanced
and the peace of mind that comes with that
family loud when violence kills the readily revolutionized

poets and emcees collaborating
on a silent approach
to the real-ization of hope
we just dreaming
of universes
deeper than ours
recycled in shallow recitals
caught like a fiend by a scheme
its a far fetched grind
at the bottom of it love sleeps
igniting your pages
with birds, words when otherwise blank mirrors stirred
now cracked with a blurb
let it be known set fire under our cold feet wit your motif(and be heard)

~Music and Lyrics by BarTek~

@}-,-`-

True indeed, knahmsayin, but when it's real you doin this even without a record contract, knahmsayin? ~ Nas
No question! ~ AZ

blak_yukon
Charter member
3901 posts
Sat Feb-18-06 04:45 PM

Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profileClick to add this author to your buddy list
7. "inboxed..."
In response to Reply # 1

<--s'right--

me and the fellas would converge and heat up some Hot Pockets in preparation for Rap City.© Roc

let's talk:
yukonmag.com

BarTek
51250 posts
Sat Feb-18-06 05:25 PM

8. "right back'atcha..."
In response to Reply # 7

@}-,-`-

True indeed, knahmsayin, but when it's real you doin this even without a record contract, knahmsayin? ~ Nas
No question! ~ AZ

Prolif
Member since Nov 15th 2004
1507 posts
Fri Feb-17-06 04:35 PM

Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profileClick to add this author to your buddy listClick to send message via AOL IM
2. "my vote"
In response to Reply # 0

tek: you definitely keep improving...sound like some pharcyde...i know you have an off-beat cadence, but it was a little too offbeat for me....audio quality is an improvement on both beats too....i liked the first one better...drums need more punch though...overall, good drop son

blak: this was dope...cadence, lyrics, hook, presence, and just the overall feel of the track....audio quality was good too....i would actually bang this in the nissan.

vote: blak

<----- my phone

http://www.soundclick.com/bands/9/lifthalegend_music.htm

"look! i DON'T tell the beat what to do....the beat is like my brother...i gotta listen and relate to him" -- raekwon

willi_dudat
Member since Jul 26th 2005
8272 posts
Fri Feb-17-06 07:42 PM

Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profileClick to add this author to your buddy list
3. "this is a damn good round too..."
In response to Reply # 0

blak:

flow on point!!! beat is ill too... sound like posdonuos a lil bit... ill!!! ***my neck hurtin***(no homo) LOL

imma give this a 7 outta 10, above average in every way...

bartek:

first beat is good... i like the way you kinda stayed off beat... like aes rock... smooth... second beat is meh...

imma give this a 6 outta 10, good but lackin that little sum'n...

my vote: blak

"It's the return of the gangsta, thanks ta..."

-du

Shakeet Lokh Em
Member since Mar 22nd 2005
3452 posts
Fri Feb-17-06 08:22 PM

Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profileClick to add this author to your buddy listClick to send message via AOL IM
4. "BarTek vs. blak_yukon"
In response to Reply # 0

Tek that was real smooth fam. I liked the first selection better than the second. But you parlayed through them both nicely.

Blak...lol...I TOLD you you sounded like Podsnous. Like Willi said. LOL Anyway your track was hot. Ill flow, ill lyrics, and good, good music.

I give this to Blak in a close one.

**Regardless of who wins or loses, this is turning out to be an outlet for some good music. Everybody can grow together from this. And maybe fam from the Freestyle board can get a deal for once. Them Lesson heads stay gettin a contract. lol**

"I'm scientific, but my reflex gangsta"- Black Thought

blak_yukon
Charter member
3901 posts
Fri Feb-17-06 08:41 PM

5. "ha...i was waiting in the wings for this..."
In response to Reply # 4

good call,man...maybe it's the "grind date" Pos I sound like? up until this i was gettin'the "large pro" thing...tek,imma check this when i get to another computer.

<--s'right--

me and the fellas would converge and heat up some Hot Pockets in preparation for Rap City.© Roc

let's talk:
yukonmag.com

Nile
Member since Feb 01st 2006
49 posts
Sat Feb-18-06 09:01 AM

6. ""blak_yukon""
In response to Reply # 0

Again very close but the egde has to go to Blak_Yulon.

This enitre thing need to be pressed to cd so I can bang this on my way to the office. Somebody make that happen.

http://web.mac.com/the144000/iWeb

Think? or follow...

the_best_part
Member since Jan 13th 2005
1823 posts
Sat Feb-18-06 06:41 PM

9. "RE: hdub Invitational Week Two: BarTek vs. blak_yukon"
In response to Reply # 0

tek was nice. real nice. the second beat, for some reason reminded me of a ceelo joint.

blak, i said before, im loving this track. im walkin around going 'th th ah ah ah'. its dope.

my vote=blak

Whateva
Member since Jul 07th 2003
4637 posts
Sun Feb-19-06 01:02 PM

10. "both good"
In response to Reply # 0
Sun Feb-19-06 01:03 PM by Whateva

the recording quality was good on both. I think Tek threw me off with the Pharcyde flow. I just don't think the execution sounded pure enough. Blak_yukon was very solid. I don't know if it's intentional or not, but it just sounds typically underground. That can good or bad depending on your audience.

Edit: Vote: ...blak

"Science" and Religion are the two most dangerous weapons of ideology. See holocaust.

Why do "scientists" constantly produce statistics based on "race", a social construct?

hdub
3265 posts
Sun Feb-19-06 05:42 PM

11. "nice..."
In response to Reply # 0

...im real glad to see this went off without a hitch

im not able to listen to both tracks yet, but i can't wait

...(the end)...

PhotoSynthesis
Charter member
16101 posts
Mon Feb-20-06 02:14 AM

12. "blak_yukon"
In response to Reply # 0

I agree with willi -- Tek had a tight AesopRock flava going on -- And he rocked it nicely on both beats. -- I liked the first one a lil' more -- But the second one had a jazzy flava that caught my fancy too --

I was really impressed with BarTek's voice/flowz, cuz I rarely get a chance to HEAR his (((AUDIO's))) -- *His Links Never Work 4 Me* --

SoundClick did Tek justice by showcasing his creativity & diversity -- And that's a good thing!

blak_yukon was slick as ice -- (((CHILLED))) -- And hella nice! -- I could see myself bumpin' his joints in da ride -- DAILY!

(Felt The Flow -- Fa' Sho')

Yeah -- Blak iz the MACK! -- *No Doubt*

A guitar string vibrating, a measure of my soul, a breech in the silence --
I've always felt like words come through me & I write them down... they have no master --- gsquared ♥

http://www.soundclick.com/bands/2/photosynthesis_music.htm

BarTek
51250 posts
Mon Feb-20-06 11:56 AM

13. "Thank you everyone for your feedback..."
In response to Reply # 0

I was hoping for a bit more detail, but it's all good... two things that caught my interest in your replies;

1. I am wondering if you can pin point how my cadence sounds off beat. I honestly.. don't hear it... I wrote the verse to sound the way it does, the only problem I have is the very first few lines, but after I find my groove, I really don't hear what you guys are talking about.

2. I don't think I sound like Aesop Rock at all, and I am surprised that his name came up more than once in this post. I can put on an Aesop Rock track, and my track, and I hear no similarities. In voice, cadence, or flow.. so I'm puzzled.

Finally, seeing Pharcyde come up in the feedback was awesome, and it was good to know that this was a close one. I have been working hard and I find no shame in losing to blak, however, knowing that I came close to getting a few votes, well... that has me smiling like a mutha!

Once again, this was a lot of fun and I really enjoyed it. I will continue working hard and checking for all of your audio's. I appreciate the time you took to listen, seriously.. I couldn't ask for anything more. Thanks to everyone for participating and thanks to hdub for putting this together. Oh, hdub, let me know if you have any DQ's cause I have a few more audio's that I can enter as last minute submissions.

Peace!

@}-,-`-

No question! ~ AZ

PhotoSynthesis
Charter member
16101 posts
Mon Feb-20-06 02:07 PM

14. "RE: Thank you everyone for your feedback..."
In response to Reply # 13
Mon Feb-20-06 02:41 PM by PhotoSynthesis

Aesop has an original, unique, "WHITE BOY" sound -- As far as Hip Hop is concerned.

'YOU' -- have a unique "WHITE BOY" sound -- As far as Hip Hop is concerned.

But you definitely don't have the kinda sound that I'd rock in my car on the regular, cuz personally I prefer some head noddin', rhythm bending, beatmaster, (((SOUL))) -- BLACK BOY sound -- aaiiight?

No son-- You don't sound "JUST LIKE AESOP" -- But your flow calls to mind ---- Your flow~style reminds me of ---- *Aesop* -- (And I like Aesop a lot, along with Sad Clown, Atmosphere, and a few others, depending on my mood)

Is that alright with you? -- Is that a satisfactory answer?

I sure hope so ...

I've always felt like words come through me & I write them down... they have no master --- gsquared ♥

BarTek
51250 posts
Mon Feb-20-06 03:17 PM

15. "sigh..."
In response to Reply # 14

Where did you pick up a hint of hostility or negativity in my post? I was smiling, and I had valid questions about the feedback I received. Did I attack anyone in this post? More specifically, did I attack you?

>Aesop has an original, unique, "WHITE BOY" sound -- As far as
>Hip Hop is concerned.
>
>'YOU' -- have a unique "WHITE BOY" sound -- As far as Hip Hop
>is concerned.
>

Sure, but that doesn't mean I sound like Aesop now does it? by your logic, I have an original, unique, BarTek white boy sound.

>But you definitely don't have the kinda sound that I'd rock in
>my car on the regular, cuz personally I prefer some head
>noddin', rhythm bending, beatmaster, (((SOUL))) -- BLACK BOY
>sound -- aaiiight?
>

Just had to throw in a punch there didn't you? It's like you wrote it to intentionally put me down. *Shaking my head*

Personally, I don't care what you play in your Kia.

>
>No son-- You don't sound "JUST LIKE AESOP" -- But your flow
>calls to mind ---- Your flow~style reminds me of ---- *Aesop*
>-- (And I like Aesop a lot, along with Sad Clown, Atmosphere,
>and a few others, depending on my mood)
>
>
>Is that alright with you? -- Is that a satisfactory answer?
>
>I sure hope so ...

I sure hope you start taking medication. I didn't call anyone out, I was just asking a question. Do I not have a right to ask a question about something that is said about me? Something that I am passionate about? Should I just accept everything with a smile because the great Photosynthesis said it? Does it bother you that I looked for clarification? Please get off your high horse.

@}-,-`-

No question! ~ AZ

PhotoSynthesis
Charter member
16101 posts
Mon Feb-20-06 03:54 PM

16. "Understand This MISTER BARTEK ..."
In response to Reply # 15
Mon Feb-20-06 04:04 PM by PhotoSynthesis

I have a Toyota RAV 4 SUV -- NOT A KIA --

You've been on my ass with lil' subliminal comments for awhile now sweetheart -- ((OFF & ON))) -- SO PLEASE DON'T THINK I HAVEN'T NOTICED IT -- (But they were subliminal enuff that no one else would notice -- So you done good! -- *wink~wink*)

But you've had a bit of a attitude with me for a hottt minute now, and I ain't stupid enough not to recognize it.

I'm sure if only Willi had mentioned your sounding like Aesop, you wouldn't have had a problem with it -- BUT BECAUSE I DITTO'D HIS COMMENT -- You wanna challenge why heads think you sound like him -- With puzzlement!?!?

I've read on previous threads of yours (IN THE PAST) where folks said you reminded them of Aesop and you didn't seem to have a problem with it. These were threads that I couldn't even HEAR myself, cuz the link wouldn't upload 4 me -- But it was alright then, huh?

I clarified for you the reason WHY I chose blak's joint.

But if you hadn't questioned or challenged the similarity in your style to Aesop -- EVERYTHING WOULDA BEEN ALRIGHT, Right?

I have a right to my opinion too, yaknow? -- AND MY OPINION SEZ, YOUR SOUND/YOUR STYLE REMINDS ME OF AESOPROCK. I'm entitled to that.

You ain't gotta agree with me about my perception of "HOW YOU SOUND" -- But my response to your work was *no doubt* positive.

Yet you weren't happy with that either, were you?

So you had to dig a little deeper and challenge it, huh?

Whatever your problem is with me Tek -- IT'S YOUR PROBLEM -- Cuz I ain't got no problems with you -- Other than your acting shitty with me lately.

But I will check your ass if you think you're gonna get by with slipping summmm subliminal shit on my plate for me to eat -- CUZ I DON'T EAT SHIT! --

You got anything else to say? -- (((I N B O X )))

BarTek
51250 posts
Mon Feb-20-06 04:09 PM

17. "Umm... No..."
In response to Reply # 16

>You've been on my ass with lil' subliminal comments for awhile
>now sweetheart -- ((OFF & ON))) -- SO PLEASE DON'T THINK I
>HAVEN'T NOTICED IT -- (But they were subliminal enuff that no
>one else would notice -- So you done good! -- *wink~wink*)

Honestly, I have no idea what you are talking about. There are a few people on here that you have experienced your share of e-beef with, and I have always defended you.

"Photo is misunderstood, she means no harm." (c) Tek

However, today you painted quite a picture for me. You assume an aweful lot. You take things WAYY out of context. And you find insult and injury where there is none. Why?

Tek doens't know.

>
>But you've had a bit of a attitude with me for a hottt minute
>now, and I ain't stupid enough not to recognize it.

You are mistaken. Riddle me this Photo, who is the person that sends you an inbox from time to time asking how you are?

Tek is.

I don't send inboxes to people I don't appreciate. Also, whatever attitude you perceived was probably not attitude at all. It was a probably a question or comment that you took out of context, such as you demonstrated today.

>
>I'm sure if only Willi had mentioned your sounding like Aesop,
>you wouldn't have had a problem with it -- BUT BECAUSE I
>DITTO'D HIS COMMENT -- You wanna challenge why heads think you
>sound like him -- With puzzlement!?!?

Lol, what? Okay, I was waiting for this post to pick up as many replies as possible so I could thank everyone and ask my questions. Even if you wouldn't have replied, I would have asked why people thought I sounded like Aesop Rock.

It was not because of you. Why do you think my thank you and question post revolves around you? It really doesn't Photo. You are no better or worse than anyone on this board.

>
>I've read on previous threads of yours (IN THE PAST) where
>folks said you reminded them of Aesop and you didn't seem to
>have a problem with it. These were threads that I couldn't
>even HEAR myself, cuz the link wouldn't upload 4 me -- But it
>was alright then, huh?

It was never alright, or not alright. I just so happened to ask why people thought so today.

>
>I clarified for you the reason WHY I chose blak's joint.
>

You did. In an insulting and condescending way. Anyone with half a brain can see that.

>I have a right to my opinion too, yaknow? -- AND MY OPINION
>SEZ, YOUR SOUND/YOUR STYLE REMINDS ME OF AESOPROCK. I'm
>entitled to that.

Yes, I know that. I wasn't questioning your opinion. I was just asking for clarification because I don't hear any similarity between Aesop and I. Do I not have a right to ask? Jeez. You make it seem like I attacked you for having an opinion. I don't even recall your name coming up in my post.

>
>You ain't gotta agree with me about my perception of "HOW YOU
>SOUND" -- But my response to your work was *no doubt*
>positive.
>

Yes it was. However, when I asked a question. You came at me in full battle mode, which was very lame and uncalled for.

>Yet you weren't happy with that, were you?
>
>So you had to dig a little deeper and challenge it, huh?

That logic is dellusional.

>
>Whatever your problem is with me Tek -- IT'S YOUR PROBLEM --
>Cuz I ain't got no problems with you -- Other than your acting
>shitty with me lately.
>

Seriously, I have no idea what the eff you are talking about. lol

>But I will check your ass if you think you're gonna get by
>with slipping summmm subliminal shit on my plate for me to eat
>-- CUZ I DON'T EAT SHIT! --
>

Well, you are spewing a lot of it today. I'm sorry, but that's the truth.

Peace

@}-,-`-

No question! ~ AZ

PhotoSynthesis
Charter member
16101 posts
Mon Feb-20-06 04:19 PM

18. "No Response ..."
In response to Reply # 17

I'll not go any further with this -- NOT HERE ON THIS BOARD ...

Check your INBOX -- Later!

sikstyle
Member since Apr 27th 2005
640 posts
Mon Feb-20-06 09:48 PM

Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profileClick to add this author to your buddy listClick to send message via AOL IM
19. "RE: hdub Invitational Week Two: BarTek vs. blak_yukon"
In response to Reply # 0

BARTEK:
I never got into Aesop Rock, Pharcyde, etc. so I wouldnt be the one to tell you whether you sound like em or not, either way it does sound different to me, very "artsy", in a good way. you got a lot of energy too, which is always good. that first beat sounded like a twisted version of "I Only Have Eyes For You", to me at least lol

YUKON:
"what more can I say". you got your own unique twist too, def felt it.

good shit from both.

vote: blak yukon

"I walk around with sick styles, sippin on cristal, my whole cliques wild, I'm rich pal no more sticks I'm making hits now... when I recite you takin hours to write, so if you fight just tell ya man what kinda flowers you like"
-Big L

blak_yukon
Charter member
3901 posts
Mon Feb-20-06 11:00 PM

20. "*tips hat* thanks for checkin'in,folks..."
In response to Reply # 0

<--s'right--

let's talk:
yukonmag.com

hdub
3265 posts
Wed Feb-22-06 11:39 AM

21. "uppin'...."
In response to Reply # 0

...just keeping this where folks can see it

...(the end)...

hdub
3265 posts
Thu Feb-23-06 08:58 AM

23. "RE: uppin'...."
In response to Reply # 21

>...just keeping this where folks can see it

...(the end)...

Ezzsential
Charter member
11085 posts
Wed Feb-22-06 12:27 PM

22. "RE: hdub Invitational Week Two: BarTek vs. blak_yukon"
In response to Reply # 0

i vote for blak but both were tight tho

different styles.

Lobby Freestyle Board Freestyle Board Archives topic #18136 Previous topic | Next topic