Printer-friendly copy Email this topic to a friend
Lobby Freestyle Board Freestyle Board Archives topic #16401

Subject: "" Previous topic | Next topic
blak_yukon
Charter member
3901 posts
Tue Aug-02-05 12:22 PM

Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profileClick to add this author to your buddy list
""

Salutations…

The word provides a refuge for anybody who wants to embrace it. In this case the particulars are guys who happened to have military backgrounds. The Armed Forces like the word has served as an ends to a means to better lives not so much through combat but through positioning. You’ll see this told through the perspectives of Blaksilence and Nowachoaticthing. Silence's was interesting in that there's a gap of a few month's between possible deployment. Nowa could possibly get a part II with the goods he gave up. Let’s see what they have to say…

http://porchmonks.com/ym/

<<----reporting live-----

http://www.myspace.com/vicversus

Printer-friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote | Top

Topic Outline
Subject Author Message Date ID
Aug 02nd 2005
Excellent !!!
Aug 02nd 2005
*snickering* wish i couldve seen your expression to that...
Aug 02nd 2005
      RE: *snickering* wish i couldve seen your expression to that...
Aug 02nd 2005
Blak, this was on point...
Aug 02nd 2005
Nicely Done!
Aug 02nd 2005
there's an archive feature that has delrica's interview available.
Aug 02nd 2005
Aug 02nd 2005
ha!
Aug 02nd 2005
photoshop / imageready
Aug 02nd 2005
      bean head, lol
Aug 02nd 2005
Dawg..... I dont know...
Aug 02nd 2005
you WILL like vicversus
Aug 02nd 2005
you's a bad man,pimpin...
Aug 03rd 2005
Aug 03rd 2005
yes sir
Aug 07th 2005
word
Aug 07th 2005
RIP Peter Jennings...gave the news straight.
Aug 08th 2005
Co-sign
Aug 08th 2005
great issue.
Aug 08th 2005
i type like r.kelly
Aug 11th 2005
i tell you one thing, you (they) make it hard to stop reading
Aug 13th 2005
Aug 15th 2005
point
Aug 26th 2005
wow..
Aug 16th 2005

hdub
Member since Oct 19th 2004
3265 posts
Tue Aug-02-05 12:42 PM

Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profileClick to add this author to your buddy list
1. ""
In response to Reply # 0

damn dog

once again you continuing to elevate with the visuals- glad to see a full page starting up with archives and shit

youre visual style is really starting to come through and thats good cause content wise this mag has always been on point

^^^ this month was no exception- you know i was wanting to see something like this-- i hadnt seen much work from these two but after reading this i can tell they got a way with words and that they coming from real personal places with their shit

looks like im gonna have to do some journeying through the archives and back pages and shit

nice job to both blaks and noawathcingtiht< however the fuck you spell it

and to the soldiers- ALL of y'all even those who i "beef" wit- keep ya heads up

to the rest of us- i hope we all doing what we can- even if its small shit- to support our friends and fam over there and to get them home asap

...(the end)...

PhotoSynthesis
Charter member
16101 posts
Tue Aug-02-05 01:33 PM

Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profileClick to add this author to your buddy list
2. "Excellent !!!"
In response to Reply # 0

I can safely & truthfully say (IMO) -- That ^THIS^ is the best "Yukon Mag" Interview since it's inception -- (even if ya did say my responses seem condescending while being tucked in a patronizing veneer -- ) -- I ain't gonna stop being "ME" and/or responding the way that I do -- So fuck any of y'all who think or believe that shit! -- *pfffsssst* --

Never~The~Less -- I'm glad to get to know better, these guys who serve / have served / our country and represent OKP and my peoples! --

You have my respect -- love -- & prayers -- (((ALWAYS)))

~God Bless~

Keep doing whatcha do Blak -- This is a training ground for better things to come, nahmean? --

*Good Job*

A guitar string vibrating, a measure of my soul, a breech in the silence --
I've always felt like words come through me & I write them down... they have no master --- gsquared ♥

http://www.soundclick.com/bands/2/photosynthesis_music.htm

blak_yukon
Charter member
3901 posts
Tue Aug-02-05 01:42 PM

3. "*snickering* wish i couldve seen your expression to that..."
In response to Reply # 2

thanks never the less,ma...

PhotoSynthesis
Charter member
16101 posts
Tue Aug-02-05 01:56 PM

4. "RE: *snickering* wish i couldve seen your expression to that..."
In response to Reply # 3

I had NO expression except FUCK YOU *nicely* -- and that kinda looks like my pic that I posted in the photo album -- As KnowOne said: Nigga Please! --

See -- I already know -- If certain folks -- (Yourself included) -- Didn't think that way -- Then you wouldn't have written it in the interview -- But because there ARE folks who believe that shit -- It came out -- *HuH?* -- *smirk*

In any case -- I ain't mad atcha boo -- Or anyone else who don't care for my responses -- -- I'm just gon' keep on doing what I do -- (HOW I DO) -- And let ppl think whatever they wanna think! -- *ha*

A guitar string vibrating, a measure of my soul, a breech in the silence --
I've always felt like words come through me & I write them down... they have no master --- gsquared ♥

http://www.soundclick.com/bands/2/photosynthesis_music.htm

southernboy_423
Member since May 12th 2005
847 posts
Tue Aug-02-05 01:56 PM

Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profileClick to add this author to your buddy listClick to send message via AOL IM
5. "Blak, this was on point..."
In response to Reply # 0

....i was diggin it. It always cool hearing about people on the boards after reading there work, getting to know things about them is always nice to read, plus wit me being in the desert right now, i was glued, big up to Blacksience and Nowa. Great read.

- for the record i aint beefing wit Hdub, this is all in fun for me. any grown man or women is entitled to their opinion. u feel im wack i know im nice, we had a bullshit battle, i spared u, end of it.

Dont respond to this, especially in this thread im hate that i did it! Sorry for puttin that out there.

....and so it goes, im at it again. Fix ur fucking face, Im in the building!

http://www.soundclick.com/band/5/youngsleep_music.htm

"I had to get off the boat, so I can walk on water". - Jay-Z

Nowachaoticthing
Member since Dec 24th 2002
2178 posts
Tue Aug-02-05 03:18 PM

6. "Nicely Done!"
In response to Reply # 0

blak, thanks for askin me to do this... it was fun! The layout looks good too, but I do have one question...

I was diggin through the archives, and when I clicked on last month's feature, the link goes to the current mag listing instead of Delrica's interview... was this intentional? I was hopin to be able to go back and read her interview, and I'm sure i'm not alone... so are you considering mebbie archiving your own stuff too?

Big ups to silence and southernboy for serving in Iraq... I know yall didn't ask for that ish, but you're both still holding it down and honoring your commitments... much respect and stay safe.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
"To be a poet is a condition, not a profession."
- Robert Frost

blak_yukon
Charter member
3901 posts
Tue Aug-02-05 04:18 PM

9. "there's an archive feature that has delrica's interview available."
In response to Reply # 6

sikstyle
Member since Apr 27th 2005
640 posts
Tue Aug-02-05 03:53 PM

Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profileClick to add this author to your buddy listClick to send message via AOL IM
7. ""
In response to Reply # 0

shit was hot. the articles were dope, i think you should make a clearer distinction with the two interviews though, Id sort of like it if you had their names (or initials) next to their name when they talk, sort of like the YM. I liked how this one seemed like more of a discussion than just asking them to answer questions, so they could elaborate on somethings. as for the layout, big moves, the gradient across is hot, I like the Stencil font too. I had trouble with the frame at the top, the drop down menu was half shown, (I use Internet Explorer). I dunno what you use to make the page, maybe you can set it to a certan height so a scroll bar appears, but Id rather that frame not be there and just have your pic and the drop down on the left side or something, but thats just me. props blak, and to blaksilence and nowachaoticthing. peace

"I walk around with sick styles, sippin on cristal, my whole cliques wild, I'm rich pal no more sticks I'm making hits now... when I recite you takin hours to write, so if you fight just tell ya man what kinda flowers you like"
-Big L

MiracleRic
Member since Oct 21st 2002
45200 posts
Tue Aug-02-05 04:16 PM

Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profileClick to add this author to your buddy listClick to send message via AOL IM
8. "ha!"
In response to Reply # 0
Tue Aug-02-05 04:17 PM by MiracleRic

i think i kinda like being the asshole just for a change of pace

only with writing/battling and basketball am i really that arrogant

althought that is what people think on first impression which is weird cause ima shy dude, self-centered at times but not too arrogant

but this may be one my fav mags yall, i respect u both a lot as writers and people because of how real ya seem...

Nowa has always reminded me of with his poetry except he has more to say...maybe mor experience but you are mos def one of my fav poets around here...and blaksilence is always well worth a read...insipiring mag yall

edit: what software are u using blak? photoshop? or a combo of ish

Let me sport my Air Hyperbole 2010s in peace. (c) ansomble

Building repetoires (c) spm since 1983

blak_yukon
Charter member
3901 posts
Tue Aug-02-05 04:24 PM

10. "photoshop / imageready"
In response to Reply # 8

i notice that on mac's the header comes out clearer...where as on some pc's only have my bean head appears...i have a collaborator who assists me on this (shout out to rockport!)...it's a constant trial by error thing where we hope we keep evolving each time out so keep baring with us...

blk

MiracleRic
Member since Oct 21st 2002
45200 posts
Tue Aug-02-05 04:37 PM

11. "bean head, lol"
In response to Reply # 10

u funny, ima get my photoshop skills up

Let me sport my Air Hyperbole 2010s in peace. (c) ansomble

Building repetoires (c) spm since 1983

KnowOne
Charter member
39942 posts
Tue Aug-02-05 07:26 PM

12. "Dawg..... I dont know..."
In response to Reply # 0

how but you just keep getting better and better EVERY MONTH!

Madd props to all 3 of you.

Keep Flowin'.....

IG: KnowOne215 | PS+ ID: KnowOne215

LaDeeDeF_99
Charter member
4028 posts
Tue Aug-02-05 08:19 PM

Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profileClick to add this author to your buddy listClick to send message via AOL IM
13. "you WILL like vicversus"
In response to Reply # 0

blaksilence!!! wow!!!
nowachaoticthing as well?!! this is bananas ! (no gwen stefani-o)

talk about double wammy

peace
ladee

Jason Voorhies
Member since Nov 01st 2004
736 posts
Wed Aug-03-05 01:55 PM

14. "you's a bad man,pimpin..."
In response to Reply # 0

<---tryna git back to my artsy thing.

delrica
Charter member
6889 posts
Wed Aug-03-05 04:30 PM

Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profileClick to add this author to your buddy list
15. ""
In response to Reply # 0

if you ain't go...ya betta go. that joint's fire!

----------------------
Cop my stuff, mayne!

My first chapbook: "This Chapbook Was Made With Pilfered Office Products" available now - $6.00

My 2nd chapbook, coming in 2007: "Orgasms and Ice Cream"

fmi: http://www.myspace.com/delrica

rgv
Charter member
4556 posts
Sun Aug-07-05 05:31 PM

16. "yes sir"
In response to Reply # 0

i just want chu to know
how i feel
how i feel

phillyjawn
Member since Oct 18th 2004
37690 posts
Sun Aug-07-05 09:37 PM

17. "word"
In response to Reply # 0

blak_yukon
Charter member
3901 posts
Mon Aug-08-05 01:40 PM

18. "RIP Peter Jennings...gave the news straight."
In response to Reply # 0

Nowachaoticthing
Member since Dec 24th 2002
2178 posts
Mon Aug-08-05 02:37 PM

19. "Co-sign"
In response to Reply # 18

nm

paperdollpoet
Charter member
2238 posts
Mon Aug-08-05 06:02 PM

20. "great issue."
In response to Reply # 0

---
www.sheflypaper.com

blaksilence
Charter member
1533 posts
Thu Aug-11-05 01:36 PM

21. "i type like r.kelly"
In response to Reply # 0

pardon my typos.

yukon, you're a real stand-up grown ass man
and you know why.
all i can say is:

my fault.
and if i had the time...i would've
and thanx
and good issue..as always

much success 2 u

the perfect mistake
Member since Dec 19th 2004
5090 posts
Sat Aug-13-05 10:18 PM

22. "i tell you one thing, you (they) make it hard to stop reading"
In response to Reply # 0

good issue, indeed.

------------------------
Pinwheels and Hula Hoops: my book
http://www.lulu.com/content/132318

http://msmind.blogspot.com

you've been resurrected, tre.

AUS
Member since Sep 25th 2002
780 posts
Mon Aug-15-05 03:42 PM

23. ""
In response to Reply # 0

this was cold pimpin'. layout was ill too. 12.95 for 6 month subcription.

Basura Caliente:

S.A.U.S.E. - Distributary
The Movie Stars - Coming to the Stage

"I school a beat like I'm Aus at Harvard" - Miracle Ric

"Bless yo heart!!!!"

http://www.myspace.com/beatslanginpimps
http://www.myspace.com/s_a_u_s_e

rgv
Charter member
4556 posts
Fri Aug-26-05 08:13 PM

25. "point"
In response to Reply # 23

i just want chu to know
how i feel
how i feel

clarion
Member since Jul 07th 2003
9469 posts
Tue Aug-16-05 08:03 AM

24. "wow.."
In response to Reply # 0

i havent been here in ages..but you definitely have made some changes Yukon..

this was honest and overall a great read

Lobby Freestyle Board Freestyle Board Archives topic #16401 Previous topic | Next topic