Printer-friendly copy Email this topic to a friend
Lobby Freestyle Board Freestyle Board Archives topic #13227

Subject: "Big Book Of Lyrical Intercourse" This topic is locked.
Previous topic | Next topic
KnowOne
Charter member
39945 posts
Mon Mar-08-04 05:39 AM

Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profileClick to add this author to your buddy listClick to send message via AOL IM
"Big Book Of Lyrical Intercourse"

This is a little something I wrote. Its broken up into chapters in the replies below. Each chapter is actually fairly short, but I broke it up incase you don't have time to read the whole thing in one sitting. Feedback is appreciated. Thanks!

IG: KnowOne215 | PS+ ID: KnowOne215

Printer-friendly copy | Top

Topic Outline
Subject Author Message Date ID
Chapter 1 - Intro & Pleasure Seekers
Mar 08th 2004
OOOOOHH!!!!!!!!
Mar 08th 2004
okay
Mar 08th 2004
RE: Chapter 1 - Intro & Pleasure Seekers
Mar 11th 2004
skillful
Mar 11th 2004
Chapter 2 - Poetic Masturbators
Mar 08th 2004
damn
Mar 08th 2004
RE: Chapter 2 - Poetic Masturbators
Mar 11th 2004
Chapter 3 - Guilt Sufferers
Mar 08th 2004
awwww
Mar 08th 2004
RE: Chapter 3 - Guilt Sufferers
Mar 11th 2004
Chapter 4 - Selfless Lovers & Over The Hill's
Mar 08th 2004
RE: Chapter 4 - Selfless Lovers & Over The Hill's
Mar 08th 2004
RE: Chapter 4 - Selfless Lovers & Over The Hill's
Mar 11th 2004
Chapter 5 - Literary Rapists & Molesters
Mar 08th 2004
creepy n/m
Mar 08th 2004
RE: Chapter 5 - Literary Rapists & Molesters
Mar 11th 2004
Chapter 6 - Pleasure Givers
Mar 08th 2004
hmmmm
Mar 08th 2004
RE: Chapter 6 - Pleasure Givers
Mar 11th 2004
Chapter 7 - Poetic Whores
Mar 08th 2004
RE: Chapter 7 - Poetic Whores
Mar 08th 2004
RE: Chapter 7 - Poetic Whores
Mar 11th 2004
Chapter 8 - The Passionate Giver..... who Takes
Mar 08th 2004
quotable:
Mar 08th 2004
RE: Chapter 8 - The Passionate Giver..... who Takes
Mar 11th 2004
Chapter 9 - Mules
Mar 08th 2004
now this...
Mar 08th 2004
RE: Chapter 9 - Mules
Mar 11th 2004
Chapter 10 - CONCLUSION
Mar 08th 2004
RE: Chapter 10 - CONCLUSION
Mar 08th 2004
RE: Big Book Of Lyrical Intercourse
Mar 08th 2004
i suspect
Mar 08th 2004
Thanks yo!!!!
Mar 08th 2004
RE: i suspect
Mar 08th 2004
Mahogany5952....
Mar 08th 2004
      RE: Mahogany5952....
Mar 08th 2004
Mar 08th 2004
ARCHIVE -- I Second That!
Mar 08th 2004
      well
Mar 08th 2004
      ARCHIVE -- We've got a THIRD!!
Mar 08th 2004
           wow.....
Mar 08th 2004
Mar 09th 2004
Lyrical Virgins: An Additional Chapter
Mar 09th 2004
Consign...That would be a excellent addition..n/m
Mar 11th 2004
Mar 09th 2004
Yes Archive It!
Mar 09th 2004
RE: Yes Archive It!
Mar 10th 2004
Wow this a whole book is fantastic!
Mar 11th 2004
over ur writer's block i see...
Mar 12th 2004

KnowOne
Charter member
39945 posts
Mon Mar-08-04 05:40 AM

Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profileClick to add this author to your buddy listClick to send message via AOL IM
1. "Chapter 1 - Intro & Pleasure Seekers"
In response to Reply # 0
Mon Mar-08-04 05:40 AM

Chapter 1 - Intro & Pleasure Seekers

Writing is like sex. As writer’s poets & emcees, we are all nymphomaniacs. Lyrical sex addicts that need to feel, need to experience, need that satisfaction of clutching-grabbing-muscle-tensing-all-consuming-back-arching-to-the-sky as words explode inside and out in a climactic ecstasy...
and then it is over.

As there are different sorts of lovers, so there are different sorts of writers. Before me right now I've got a month-old post-it note. Written on it are the words:
“endless scriptless choreography, chordless detune philiharmony, modulating rhapsody of a never ending comic tragedy”
One day, when I have the time, these words will be used in a poem with a recurrent theme about my appearance. I am a Pleasure Seeker.

The words will sit there, wanting to be fondled and played with, and as a Pleasure Seeker occasionally I'll tease myself with them. This will go on for a while until neither myself nor the words can take it anymore. That's when I start the writing. The words blend into lines as the strokes of my pen or my fingers becomes faster and harder against the paper until the stanzas or paragraphs flow out nonstop and I collapse in a heap of exhausted Pleasure, fulfilled in the afterglow of writing a well-needed work, despite how hard or how easily it came.

-KnowOne

Pluto
Member since May 03rd 2003
419 posts
Mon Mar-08-04 05:44 AM

5. "OOOOOHH!!!!!!!!"
In response to Reply # 1

Didn't have time for the rest, but chapter one was blazing. The last stanza/paragraph was the clincher. Foreplay for the next two, i suppose

Takin hip-hop back to the beginning...

Peace to CMG for life.

Seis, you my heart... Check for I.D

RatpackSlim
Charter member
1216 posts
Mon Mar-08-04 07:48 AM

Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profileClick to add this author to your buddy list
13. "okay"
In response to Reply # 1

i need a fuckin' cigarette already.

(deep breath in...exhale)

going right for chapter two.

-----
"You Sensitive Bastard", Rob Sturma's latest book of poems, is available directly from the author. It's a pretty book with a real ISBN number and everything.

www.myspace.com/robsturma

gsquared
Member since Oct 26th 2002
3647 posts
Thu Mar-11-04 09:27 PM

Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profileClick to add this author to your buddy list
40. "RE: Chapter 1 - Intro & Pleasure Seekers"
In response to Reply # 1

..hot damn...

http://www.GaryPatrickGarry.com

"I'm stalling in flight
Hovering over horizons
Waiting for night"

"My turn to speak in tongues"
--Photosynthesis

http://www.soundclick.com/bands/2/photosynthesis_music.htm

brownsugs
Member since Jan 21st 2003
1014 posts
Thu Mar-11-04 10:42 PM

49. "skillful"
In response to Reply # 1

you flowed that prose style.

the direction was crisp and you really described the situation and put it in good context.

i don't know if i'll make it through all 48. but i'll make it through at least 2 or three more.

KnowOne
Charter member
39945 posts
Mon Mar-08-04 05:41 AM

2. "Chapter 2 - Poetic Masturbators"
In response to Reply # 0
Mon Mar-08-04 06:07 AM

Chapter 2 - Poetic Masturbators

The antithesis of the Pleasure Seekers, is the Casual Literary Masturbator. The Casual Masturbator will every now and then see, hear, or experience something small that will turn them on immensely. They will then go home and immediately jerk out a poem or story or prose about it. The work won't be the best, and it won't take a long time to accomplish, but it will be well done in their eyes. After this, a long while will pass before the Casual Masturbator is turned on again. Casual Masturbators usually make good prose writers, or artists, because they are as a whole very visual people. They don't pop one off for anyone but themselves, like the Pleasure Seekers, but the satisfaction is not what they live for, either.

Now the Selfish Masturbator is one of the darker writers, a writer that no one strives to be. Not only does the Selfish Masturbator get satisfaction from finishing each of his works, no matter how horrible it is, the Selfish Masturbator is also a conceited writer. Words seem to revolve around the Selfish Masturbator, whether they are good words or not. Selfish Masturbators have busy hands, full notebooks, and swollen egos. They don't like it when they're not being pleased, and they are indignant when someone else offers criticism of their work. The orgasm is all theirs and no one else's.

Selfish Masturbators write emotional poetry, and want everyone else to see their pain. However, in exposing their pain, they claim that no one can understand it but them. No one can make them come as hard or as often as they can for themselves. They ask for help occasionally, but when they do get it they bark out reasons why the helper is wrong, using phrases such as "no touch it there," "move it to the left," and "no, I like it better like this."

-KnowOne

RatpackSlim
Charter member
1216 posts
Mon Mar-08-04 07:51 AM

14. "damn"
In response to Reply # 2

i'm reeled in, Know.

this is such "why didn't i think of that" kind of idea (and i do not mean that as an insult AT ALL) taken to its logical extremes with great finesse.

nice work so far. and let's pray that we don't ever end up alone with our words in our hand.

-----
"You Sensitive Bastard", Rob Sturma's latest book of poems, is available directly from the author. It's a pretty book with a real ISBN number and everything.

gsquared
3647 posts
Thu Mar-11-04 09:29 PM

41. "RE: Chapter 2 - Poetic Masturbators"
In response to Reply # 2

...aight, selfish masturbators...

"I'm stalling in flight
Hovering over horizons
Waiting for night"

--Photosynthesis

KnowOne
Charter member
39945 posts
Mon Mar-08-04 05:42 AM

3. "Chapter 3 - Guilt Sufferers"
In response to Reply # 0

Chapter 3 - Guilt Sufferers

Similar to the Casual Masturbators, in that they don't write often, are the Guilt Sufferers. They don't write often because they are ashamed. They don't feel that experimentation is right unless a commitment is already made. The Guilt Sufferer reads a lot, has empty notebooks, and closets FULL of crumpled ideas.

The closets are full because no one can see inside of them. Guilt Sufferers are chronic masturbators, because their whole lives they have been told that self satisfaction is a bad thing, so they do it often, and in private. Their own personal rebellions, and each hidden orgasm is a small victory. They write all the time, but you don't know because they are afraid to share.

Maybe a couple of times, you will catch a glimpse, but any self-loathing Guilt Sufferer will deny that you ever saw anything. A Guilt Sufferer will apologize profusely, with phrases like "I'm not that great," and " you're too much, don’t make me blush" Their faces turn red and they usually become well acquainted with the floor anytime someone mentions their particular forte. Rest assured that when you leave, they will retreat to their respective closets, and enjoy themselves without you ever knowing.

-KnowOne

RatpackSlim
Charter member
1216 posts
Mon Mar-08-04 07:55 AM

15. "awwww"
In response to Reply # 3

poor guilt sufferers.

maybe they need to get out and slam a little

know what i mean?

-----

gsquared
3647 posts
Thu Mar-11-04 09:31 PM

42. "RE: Chapter 3 - Guilt Sufferers"
In response to Reply # 3

...ok, the guilt sufferer...

"I'm stalling in flight
Hovering over horizons
Waiting for night"

--Photosynthesis

KnowOne
Charter member
39945 posts
Mon Mar-08-04 05:43 AM

4. "Chapter 4 - Selfless Lovers & Over The Hill's"
In response to Reply # 0

Chapter 4 - Selfless Lovers & Over The Hill's

Selfless Lovers are the antithesis of Guilt Sufferers. Where Guilt Sufferers refuse to let anyone know about their habits, Selfless Lovers don't have any habits of their own. Never is there a hand moving around in a dark closet. Not once will a Selfless Lover be caught with pants around his ankles, but you can be positive that he'll be helping someone out of her own. Selfless Lovers don't like to be on top. They don't write to enjoy it, they get off on other people getting off. The feeling of satisfaction that other writers get after finishing a work, that feeling is unknown to Selfless Lovers. Satisfaction is only received after the first reader pays a compliment, or expresses like for a piece. The Selfless Lover doesn't have to touch himself. Other people touch him.

There are some writers who can be categorized as Over the Hills. This does not mean that they are literally old, this means that they are incapable of giving or receiving the literary orgasm. Once upon a time, they were just like the rest of us, in our relative categories. They reached their peak, and now sit, looking over a barren land of an old career, stranded on a plateau holding their limp endeavors in their hands. Sure, they'll keep on whacking and pumping out lines, but they aren't any different than the old lines, and don't really satisfy anyone not even themselves. Usually, even their own hands want something new. Over the Hills are the veterans of the craft. They are the one-hit-wonders, the old professors teaching how to satisfy like they did, once upon their time. Over the Hills are to be respected, and would be remembered had they stopped writing when everyone knew they had enough, instead of dwindling down into mediocrity and lost among the thousands of others, just like them. This is what keeps them impotent.

-KnowOne

RatpackSlim
Charter member
1216 posts
Mon Mar-08-04 07:58 AM

16. "RE: Chapter 4 - Selfless Lovers & Over The Hill's"
In response to Reply # 4

been the selfless lover before
it's a bad trap to get into.

and i've seen/heard potent people go over the hill.

sad scenarios both.

-----

gsquared
3647 posts
Thu Mar-11-04 09:33 PM

43. "RE: Chapter 4 - Selfless Lovers & Over The Hill's"
In response to Reply # 4

...ok selfless lovers and , uh, well...teachers...

"I'm stalling in flight
Hovering over horizons
Waiting for night"

--Photosynthesis

KnowOne
Charter member
39945 posts
Mon Mar-08-04 05:44 AM

6. "Chapter 5 - Literary Rapists & Molesters"
In response to Reply # 0

Chapter 5 - Literary Rapists & Molesters

A serious threat to the art form are the Rapists. Their writing is never any good because it isn't personal to them. It is stolen from innocents, ideas taken from tragedies. They slam into the words and hold them down to the page whether they want to be there or not. They force their big pens into thin lines, too tight for their penetration; in doing so, they violate everything that is beautiful about the craft. These are the writers that have been hurt by someone else's words, and want the words to hurt back.

Rapists are stubborn, and write about dramas that they have created, only to give them a way to release their load. Trademarks of the Rapist include: writing about made up tragedies in a poor fashion, crumpled papers covered with the STDs of horrible line structure, blistered hands from frequent, fervent, furious writing, and scratches on their chests from words that fought back. The Rapist crowd shows no mercy to the work, and is always sure to get their orgasm--but they're never really satisfied.

A Poetic Molester, however, violates while smiling, making the experience seem "okay" for the victim. Gently, the Molester coaxes a victim into letting it in. There is no blood, no struggle. There are only words of comfort and understanding eyes, along with the overwhelming feeling in the victim's heart that something just isn't right. The Molester is more dangerous than the Rapist because the Molester is a sick writer. The Rapist will prey on stronger victims, because the struggle is greater and for this reason the lyrical orgasm is more powerful, and the victim is not being tricked, it is being raped. The Molester, however, is a sick writer who preys on innocence. The Molester doesn't reach orgasm while the victim is around. The Molester takes the things that it saw and felt and uses them after its victim is gone, to achieve the orgasm alone. The finished product is a mixture of things, mostly words of tragedy taken from the victim, and a little piece of innocence accompanied by a secret held between the Molester and its prey, until the prey is out of sight and the whole story is exposed. A typical Molester is a former Guilt Sufferer, who has run out of his own ideas.

-KnowOne

RatpackSlim
Charter member
1216 posts
Mon Mar-08-04 07:59 AM

17. "creepy n/m"
In response to Reply # 6

-----

gsquared
3647 posts
Thu Mar-11-04 09:37 PM

44. "RE: Chapter 5 - Literary Rapists & Molesters"
In response to Reply # 6

....the spectrum could hardly be complete without these mongrels, sad, yes, creepy, heinous, a macabre and sordid aberration, but...as they say...One...

"I'm stalling in flight
Hovering over horizons
Waiting for night"

--Photosynthesis

KnowOne
Charter member
39945 posts
Mon Mar-08-04 05:45 AM

7. "Chapter 6 - Pleasure Givers"
In response to Reply # 0

Chapter 6 - Pleasure Givers

Then, there are the devoted writers that don't get off until their lovers are gone, or knock one out before the lover even arrives. These are the Pleasure Givers. A Pleasure Giver enjoys writing, lives for the orgasm of the reader. Pleasure Givers are usually long fiction writers, the novelists and mystery writers. They drag out the foreplay and keep the reader on the edge of a seat, at no cost to themselves because by the time the reader is there, the Pleasure Giver has finished its work, and knows what is in store. These are the writers who let you know their characters. They draw you into trilogies; they have a mystery per page per chapter per novel per volume. They derive no greater pleasure than experiencing your orgasm, nothing better than making you as satisfied as possible with their talents. They make you think that you can't take it anymore, and then hit that special spot, making you beg for it. Thankfully, these writers will never become Over the Hills, they strive for improvement too much for that.

-KnowOne

RatpackSlim
Charter member
1216 posts
Mon Mar-08-04 08:02 AM

18. "hmmmm"
In response to Reply # 7

i see where yer going here

i think this is where some of the definitions start to get blurry and/or intertwined...

i'll save my final thoughts for the end of the "book".

-----

gsquared
3647 posts
Thu Mar-11-04 09:39 PM

45. "RE: Chapter 6 - Pleasure Givers"
In response to Reply # 7

..u mean motherfuckers dat can write...?...

"I'm stalling in flight
Hovering over horizons
Waiting for night"

--Photosynthesis

KnowOne
Charter member
39945 posts
Mon Mar-08-04 05:46 AM

8. "Chapter 7 - Poetic Whores"
In response to Reply # 0

Chapter 7 - Poetic Whores

Similar to the Over the Hills in that they write the same thing all the time, are the members of my next group: Shameless Whores. Shameless Whores want everyone to know what they do. They think that they are the best at what they do, and charge the most for doing it. These are the writers that make millions of dollars writing the same romance novels that everyone else writes, with loosely based plots and chapters worth of sex scenes. They don't care what their mothers think of what they're doing with the boy down the block. These writers are only good at one thing and are good at it all their lives. If they had any other talent, it was more than likely suppressed by money hunger. Shameless Whores are content with never being respected by the intellectual world, and they turn writing into a hobby as opposed to the craft that it is supposed to be. Sadly, they will never become Over the Hills either.

-KnowOne

RatpackSlim
Charter member
1216 posts
Mon Mar-08-04 08:04 AM

19. "RE: Chapter 7 - Poetic Whores"
In response to Reply # 8

and yet we keep on fuckin' 'em.

-----

gsquared
3647 posts
Thu Mar-11-04 09:40 PM

46. "RE: Chapter 7 - Poetic Whores"
In response to Reply # 8

...pop stars..?...

"I'm stalling in flight
Hovering over horizons
Waiting for night"

--Photosynthesis

KnowOne
Charter member
39945 posts
Mon Mar-08-04 05:47 AM

9. "Chapter 8 - The Passionate Giver..... who Takes"
In response to Reply # 0

Chapter 8 - The Passionate Giver..... who Takes

The lover that everyone wants to be, but hardly ever gets the chance to, is the Passionate Giver who Takes. The Passionate Giver who Takes starts off as a Pleasure Seeker, but instead of staying there, where he is only writing because he enjoys it, he becomes a beautiful cross between the Pleasure Seekers and the Pleasure Givers, giving intense pleasure to his lover while at the same time allowing that lover to give him the same pleasure in return. He is the writer deemed most capable, and the best at causing poetic orgasms. He/She has delicate fingers and a talent for making their lover beg for more while being totally satisfied with whatever the lover is given. They are a multiple orgasm writer. Not all of us are lucky to achieve so many peaks in our career. True, some peaks are better than others, but always in rapid secession, never reaching a plateau. Technique and position change as often as the rhythm of his thrusts. These writers don't write literature, they live it. They are the Nikki Giovannis, Lord Byrons...etc…

They are living our dreams. Sadly, these writers become Over the Hills sooner than any others. The afterglow is only reached in death, or whenever they have run out of innovations. They've got too much dignity to become a Rapist or a Molester, and never would he be a Shameless Whore. Their work is the most important thing to them, and the work's effect as a whole, for themselves and their audiences. These are the writers that we all want to be.

-KnowOne

RatpackSlim
Charter member
1216 posts
Mon Mar-08-04 08:07 AM

20. "quotable:"
In response to Reply # 9

"Technique and position change as often as the rhythm of his thrusts. These writers don't write literature, they live it."

whew. that's perfect.

-----

gsquared
3647 posts
Thu Mar-11-04 09:42 PM

47. "RE: Chapter 8 - The Passionate Giver..... who Takes"
In response to Reply # 9

...hmmm...

"I'm stalling in flight
Hovering over horizons
Waiting for night"

--Photosynthesis

KnowOne
Charter member
39945 posts
Mon Mar-08-04 05:48 AM

10. "Chapter 9 - Mules"
In response to Reply # 0

Chapter 9 - Mules

Mules are what none of us want to be. They are void of the passion for words that all the other types have. Despite their flaws, they are writers, making an effort. Mules refuse to appreciate their works, or the work put into them. Mules will never like our work and will never want to try to make their own. Mules do not realize what joy there is in the written word. Mules will not even attempt to understand, or to quietly accept. They bray out against it with indignantly, because they have been cursed with a closed mind, and are content with staying that way. Thankfully, Mules cannot breed; but their kind are killing all of ours

-KnowOne

RatpackSlim
Charter member
1216 posts
Mon Mar-08-04 08:10 AM

21. "now this..."
In response to Reply # 10

this was on some lord of the rings type of shit. i dunno why my brain works that way, but it does. hmmm.

i wonder how you become a mule.

-----

gsquared
3647 posts
Thu Mar-11-04 09:43 PM

48. "RE: Chapter 9 - Mules"
In response to Reply # 10

...sounds like mules ain't writers tho....

"I'm stalling in flight
Hovering over horizons
Waiting for night"

--Photosynthesis

KnowOne
Charter member
39945 posts
Mon Mar-08-04 05:49 AM

11. "Chapter 10 - CONCLUSION"
In response to Reply # 0

Chapter 10 - CONCLUSION

Writing is like sex: don't live life unsatisfied.

Keep Flowin'.........
-KnowOne

PhotoSynthesis
Charter member
16101 posts
Mon Mar-08-04 09:41 AM

26. "RE: Chapter 10 - CONCLUSION"
In response to Reply # 11
Mon Mar-08-04 10:18 AM

Considering at diverse points in time -- I've dealt with multiple ~/~ split personalities -- *chuckles* -- I'm sure I've prolly been "ALL" of the above at different stages in my poetic ventures! -- (I hope not, but ya never know what other folks may think -- *sigh*)

We can all read and be judgemental about what categories & where we think "OTHERS" fit in -- But I'm just looking at where "I" am on the charts -- And I see a coupla few traits from each one that I've been guilty of -- Whether good or bad -- So I'll just check myself and seek improvement in all areas! -- *word*

This was a very creative & thought provoking Series, KnowOne! -- ;^) -- Leave it to you to keep us on our toes! -- *wink*

Of course you KNOW I'll be reading this over a few more hundred times! -- *LoL*

A guitar string vibrating, a measure of my soul, a breech in the silence --
I've always felt like words come through me & I write them down... they have no master --- gsquared ♥

Mahogany5952
Member since Aug 19th 2003
239 posts
Mon Mar-08-04 07:45 AM

12. "RE: Big Book Of Lyrical Intercourse"
In response to Reply # 0

OH GOD! OH WOW. Umm, I don't think I can respond to these all separately. I don't have the strength or experience for that. I just sat here and read all chapters in one sitting. I couldn't let it go. I sat here and thought of which one I wanted to be v. which one I am v. which one I will never allow myself to become. Hmm, that makes it sound like a mental & emotional menage a trois. You are so amazing. I suppose your mind and heart are very fertile because you certainly conceived and gave birth to something wonderful here. I hope that everyone takes the time to read this entirely. It really does make you think about your talent and your craft. But you have to read it honestly. It deserves at least that much. I saw glimpses of myself in most of them. . .even the ones that I didn't want to see myself in. Plaudits to KnowOne!! Your capacity for mental stimulation is immeasurable.

Kyla B.

p.s. What about the Poetic/Literary Virgins? The ones who have the desire, the passion, the instinct but just have not been able to break through yet?

"There are two ways of meeting difficulties. You alter the difficulties or you alter yourself to meet them." ~Phyllis Bottome

RatpackSlim
Charter member
1216 posts
Mon Mar-08-04 08:14 AM

22. "i suspect"
In response to Reply # 12

that we could probably find even more categories of writers using Know's concept.

this is some stuff that people make into grad school dissertations. but unlike those, this is mad compelling.

Know, glad to singlehandedly push this to "view all". thank you for sharing.

peace,
slim

-----

KnowOne
Charter member
39945 posts
Mon Mar-08-04 08:17 AM

24. "Thanks yo!!!!"
In response to Reply # 22

I appreciate it.

double entendre
Member since Mar 07th 2004
80 posts
Mon Mar-08-04 08:21 AM

25. "RE: i suspect"
In response to Reply # 22

i wholly agree.

this is something i'll come back to regularly. thanks for posting it.

peace.

Jazz

KnowOne
Charter member
39945 posts
Mon Mar-08-04 08:17 AM

23. "Mahogany5952...."
In response to Reply # 12

Thanks for reading & for the feedback. I really appreciate it! As for:
>p.s. What about the Poetic/Literary Virgins? The ones who
>have the desire, the passion, the instinct but just have not
>been able to break through yet?

Thats a very good point.......I'll leave that for you to add if you like....

Keep Flowin' Sis'.......

Mahogany5952
239 posts
Mon Mar-08-04 12:16 PM

27. "RE: Mahogany5952...."
In response to Reply # 23

I think I'll take you up on that. It'll be a KnowOneMahogany collaboration. ;o) Gimme a bit to think on it. . .I can't rush this one.

Kyla

"There are two ways of meeting difficulties. You alter the difficulties or you alter yourself to meet them." ~Phyllis Bottome

soulchild
Member since Dec 25th 2003
1272 posts
Mon Mar-08-04 12:55 PM

28. "RE: Big Book Of Lyrical Intercourse"
In response to Reply # 0
Mon Mar-08-04 12:58 PM

I think this a brilliant analogy. It's very well written, Know. I like how everything is put together, and makes such sense. I probably wouldn't be able think of something like this.
I sat and read it all, it's interesting and thought provoking, but also very convicting. As I read, I've been looking at myself and where i fit in, and like others, I think i have split personalities. I saw myself in some places that i would rather not be.

I also encourage the one about the poetic/litarary virgin, because i think i can relate to that one also.

oh wow, this is very good, and i'll be rereading it plenty of times. Including right now!

P.S. i would kind of like to see this archived, just cause i think it's important for people to see and use to help understand themselves as writers. So, we shouldn't lose it on here.

...The caged bird sings
with fearful trill
of the things unknown
but longed for still
and is tune is heard
on the distant hill
for the caged bird
sings of freedom...

- Maya Angelou

PhotoSynthesis
Charter member
16101 posts
Mon Mar-08-04 12:58 PM

29. "ARCHIVE -- I Second That!"
In response to Reply # 28
Mon Mar-08-04 01:28 PM

Can we get a THIRD wheel who feels the same?

Edit -- And just FYI -- We ain't ready for it 2 B ARCHIVED just yet -- Wait til' it's been around da block a few times, nahmean?

JUST DON'T LET IT FALL OFF INTO 7th HEAVEN! -- *grrrrrr*

A guitar string vibrating, a measure of my soul, a breech in the silence --
I've always felt like words come through me & I write them down... they have no master --- gsquared ♥

RatpackSlim
Charter member
1216 posts
Mon Mar-08-04 02:17 PM

30. "well"
In response to Reply # 29

since i invested so much time already

why not put in a vote to archive as well?

up!

-----

Literary_Revolt
Member since Jan 24th 2004
2666 posts
Mon Mar-08-04 02:19 PM

Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profileClick to add this author to your buddy listClick to send message via AOL IM
31. "ARCHIVE -- We've got a THIRD!!"
In response to Reply # 29

"I think this a brilliant analogy." © soulchild

The best review ever. Honestly Know...I wouldn't know where to begin commenting on this.

This is a literary masterpiece.

you told
me that
thirst was
creeping up
the canal of
your throat,
and i thought
for a moment:

"if they gave Jesus vinegar..."

so i poured you
a glass of kerosene
and lit a match.

© Otto - runnin sheeeeit in Freestyle.

Me parece que no se puede guardarme todo de tu amor. Entonces...Pasa dondequeira que tu corrazon te traiga. Pero promesame que siempre devolverias. © swinger3421...written for me. *swoon*

The avi: ... aka tha infamous .

"Jesus was perfect.

you told
me t

KnowOne
Charter member
39945 posts
Mon Mar-08-04 06:44 PM

32. "wow....."
In response to Reply # 31

just...wow....

Sad Puppy Eyes
Member since Mar 26th 2003
11038 posts
Tue Mar-09-04 12:59 AM

Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profileClick to add this author to your buddy list
33. "..."
In response to Reply # 32

KnowOne..this has an amazing read

peace

Mahogany5952
239 posts
Tue Mar-09-04 04:59 AM

34. "Lyrical Virgins: An Additional Chapter"
In response to Reply # 0
Tue Mar-09-04 05:00 AM

When I first read KnowOne's book, I responded and asked him about the poetic/lyrical virgins. He said that perhaps I should write that chapter. So here it goes. Here's hoping that it does the preceding chapters justice.

The Lyrical Virgin is one that has the passion, desire and instinct to do it right, but has not yet been able to break through. There are different reasons for their untouched state. Some long for the fluid lines of intimacy and the soft scratch of pen to paper, but haven't been able to find the right moment or inspiration. Others are shy--too afraid to risk being exposed and naked before the eyes of another. Still others are insecure, and that insecurity makes them hesitant. They can't find that delicate balance between being "easy" and saving something for later. They don't know how to let go with reckless abandon and still belong to self. So they don't try at all. The final group of LVs is just afraid of change. They know the rush will be addictive. They know that once the surface is penetrated, once the geyser erupts and the well of emotion bubbles forth, there's no going back. The change is permanent. It makes you a new person.

Some words of advice and caution. Be careful who you give it to. As previously discussed, there are some running around out there who are unworthy of your gift. No one can tell you who or how or when to give it away. That decision belongs only to the Lyrical Virgin. But please remember that there's just as much power and control in letting go of your skill as there is in holding on to it. Maybe even more. It's an amazing thing to be able to make another feel. And once you do let go, don't be afraid to experiment and explore: new things, new positioning, new places, new formats, new styles, new rhythms and tempos. Yes, the first few attempts may be awkward, even painful. It may end all too quickly and leave you saying, "that was it?" Or it may leave you feeling shaken and vulnerable, inadequate or guilty. And that's okay. It will not be earth-shattering every time, but each foray is a learning experience. And it does get easier and better with practice.

Mahogany5952

DeliaSol
Member since Jan 17th 2004
3883 posts
Thu Mar-11-04 08:51 PM

38. "Consign...That would be a excellent addition..n/m"
In response to Reply # 34

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Das ist Joy Denalane © Delete me

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
"oh yeah....this IS okayplayer.be ready for criticism & wild ass comments" © BigJazz

truth
Charter member
242 posts
Tue Mar-09-04 06:32 AM

35. "RE: Big Book Of Lyrical Intercourse"
In response to Reply # 0

i luv this
i amen (a-laddee) the archiving of it
i think it would be an interesting chapbook
esp if it had illustrations (pitchurs for the sick & twisited)
i think sum of the definitions do start to melt into one another
but thats ok, cuz i felt u executed the idea well, it wld be fun to have okpoets define themselves in regard to these with brutal honesty
sumtimes i think im an angry envious voyer other times the pleasure giver... hmm... who really knows???
good work know. peace

"i remain an optimist, not that there is any evidence that i can give that right is going to prosper but because of my unflinching faith that right must proper in the end. our inspiration can come only from our faith that right must prevail" ---mahatma ghandi

+

I
wrap
myself
around a
celestial
tree

and from there

I can see

Patterns
of
eternity
that stick with me and
make impact, so that
the struggle

has meaning

-gsquared

http://www.myspace.com/nonifashoni

Mahogany5952
239 posts
Tue Mar-09-04 11:39 AM

36. "Yes Archive It!"
In response to Reply # 0

I'm posting again for two reasons 1) to add my voice to those who have spoken out to archive this topic and 2) to keep this topic on the front page!!!

KnowOne
Charter member
39945 posts
Wed Mar-10-04 11:23 AM

37. "RE: Yes Archive It!"
In response to Reply # 36

thanks Sis! ^bump^

DeliaSol
Member since Jan 17th 2004
3883 posts
Thu Mar-11-04 08:58 PM

39. "Wow this a whole book is fantastic!"
In response to Reply # 0
Thu Mar-11-04 08:59 PM

Very good learning material

btw: If suggestions are open wouldn't it be cool to have a set of examples for each book to give you/the Poet=writer an a ideal of how it is done.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Das ist Joy Denalane © Delete me

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
"oh yeah....this IS okayplayer.be ready for criticism & wild ass comments" © BigJazz

clarion
Member since Jul 07th 2003
9469 posts
Fri Mar-12-04 12:28 AM

50. "over ur writer's block i see..."
In response to Reply # 0
Fri Mar-12-04 12:29 AM

as i read this i thought about how much time it took to come up with each analogy and was completely blown away..this was a great piece to read as im doing some introspective work in my life this came @ good time to read...and if i could just have a piece of whateva unlocked ur writer's block i would be happy...ha!!

Lobby Freestyle Board Freestyle Board Archives topic #13227 Previous topic | Next topic