Printer-friendly copy Email this topic to a friend
Lobby Freestyle Board Freestyle Board Archives topic #12269

Subject: "YUKON MAGAZINE.III" This topic is locked.
Previous topic | Next topic
blak_yukon
Charter member
3901 posts
Mon May-03-04 07:12 AM

Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profileClick to add this author to your buddy list
"YUKON MAGAZINE.III"

Uncle Blak back up in'ya...April was a pretty uptight month wasnt it? It's all to the good though now cause May is here, which for most part means your neck of the woods has better weather. I figured Tek would have something to say, i mean...when doesnt he?ha. We're out and about at Memorial Park watching joggers go by. This is prime shit for an artist to collect oneself,yamean?

Tek how do you remain so open around so many people who get
so defensive.

Well, I try my best to remain open, however, I can be and have been known to be very defensive and reactionary. I am very disillusioned with the state of our world and it's people. There are many fronts where good people are desperately needed. For a long time, I dind't know where to start or where I could contribute. It took me 22 years to realize, that no change can occur without racial and cultural equality, including religion and the like. When I find myself in a heated debate, I do my best to maintain my sense of equality and objectivity. I can't lose an argument, becuase I do not pick any side to stand on. So, even if I am threatened, which I have been, or if I am called a devil, which I have been, I do not let it defeat me becuase I believe that every human being, is equal to another. Our perception of religion, politics, love, and death, are identical and exist on the same plane, the only difference, is the angle of the onlooker/tangent.

Remember last year that tantrum you had on the boards? Seems
as if it started with Frak, than you tried to get at
everybody(even me in a inbox)...Dawg, come clean on that.

Frak hurt me. His words were sharp and they cut deep. Frak is an intelligent individual, and he found my insecurities and spit on them. It hurt because he was provoked by a subliminal battle verse I wrote not intended for him, but for the other half of my dual self. Even to this day our friendship is still healing. I think we both crossed the line in many aspects and naturally, it is going to take some time to rebuild that pure bond we once shared. At that point, I thought that everyone on the board shared his thoughts because he recieved a lot of praise and applause for his verse. Mentally, I broke down and I began looking for any fight I could get myself into to validate my tantrum. I thought I was hated. Even today I feel as if I am an outsider that is pest-like. For some reason, I always blame myself for anything that goes wrong, and eventually that guilt/shame will induce a tantrum for which I will apologize for after the last slug has flown.

Sup with the name...Bartek.

Bartek is my first name. My birth cerfiticate states "Bartosz" which was the name of a Polish king, and "Bartosz" is Bartek for short, or BarTek. I discovered my name when I discovered Hip Hop, and at that point I began to love my name. I never appreciated it before, as it was always difficult to teach people how to say it properly. Everyone always had a problem understanding me, and they thought I was saying "Martin". I have also been called "Bartender" which I don't mind but I don't like to be called "Bart" for short. Naturally, BarTek is fitting for my passion and love for hip hop, I can spit a Bar like a Tek-nietztion, and I can produce a Teknichally sound instrumental to lay a few bars over. I secretly thank my parents for choosing my name, as it helped me establish my own identity which is something I always struggled with.

This isnt so much a question as it a comment. You definately
want to be...and are...a student of hiphop. You track folks
down for opinions on how to improve your writing, your
rhyming, flow..all that. I thought you were just a pest but
you on top of your game so far as pusing yourself to be
better.

No doubt! And I do appreciate your positive word. You have helped me more than you will ever know, and Imma make sure to make you, and my fam like you, proud of me. I take this very seriously, it never leaves my consciousness, and not a day goes by without a ghost battle or verse, whether it be at a bus stop, or in my ride. Hip Hop has helped me tremendously, and I also believe it saved my life. I discovered Hip Hop when I was 15, when I was very depressed and suicidal. KRS-ONE screamed at me, from beneath the comfort blanket of society, and he woke me up. To this day I feel his influence and message. I want to get on a track, and I want to scream like him, so I can move another kid that is searching for substance in his life.

How did you come across this place...Was freestyle your
first stop?

Freestyle was my first stop. I learned to write here. Everything I know is because of Freestyle. I typed "Talib Kweli" in a search engine, and I found this site. I read Talib ad Hi-Tek's bio's, and I was hooked. The freestyle board was perfect, as far as exressing myself, and beginning my road to mental well being. I have never truly revealed anything about what truly ails me. Metally and physically, I have suffered for a very long time, to the point, where if the suffering stops, I don't know how to function without it. This board has helped me tremendously, as I have learned how to heal with words, and how to be happy. I thank you all for teaching me. So much of my pain has poured all over this board, and so much that I didn't even know was there.

Wheres Bartek at in 5 years...

Hopefully, and God willing, still with my girl, and with children. That is all I want out of life, my woman, and children. I feel, as if I have to earn my right to have children. It almost brings me to tears to think about it. I want to be a good father/husband and nothing more. As far as Hip Hop and poetry is concerned, I want to keep fighting and looking for a cure to the disease that plagues humanity.

King of the Ring tourney...quick..sum it up

I am going to take the crown, was there ever any doubt? Whoever I face in the final, I urge you to write the hottest verse you can manage, because you will not escape my jaws, so you might as well go down fighting. This is my year. Believe it.

edit:interview done during the tourney, but since than...we've seen the outcome...tek would later chime in,
"Congratulations Champ, big ups Rick!"

This is my favorite question, anything you want the folks
out there to know? Any last words or whatever...its open.

I just want people to know that I love them. On the real though. I love the murderers, the rapists, and the war mongers. I daresay, I even love the devil. How could I be objective and free, if I do not love those that need love the most? I want to help them, and I want to help the devil, so that everyone can benefit from the human potential that we are so afraid of. I have to credit Mandela for that. Also, PEACE.

"Special shoutouts to Imagination_7!!!"

peace.

Red flag, watch out for it....

easy,

blk

----------sig-----------

http://unclevicart.com/

me and the fellas would converge and heat up some Hot Pockets in preparation for Rap City.© Roc

dude, getting a response from the folks at freestyle is like watching water boil...© Tek

Printer-friendly copy | Top

Topic Outline
Subject Author Message Date ID
RE: YUKON MAGAZINE.III
May 03rd 2004
May 03rd 2004
May 03rd 2004
May 03rd 2004
Method to the madness???
May 03rd 2004
RE: Lol
May 03rd 2004
RE: Method to the madness???
May 03rd 2004
hmmmm so I gotta be controversial huh?
May 03rd 2004
      *LoL* @ Frosted Flake --
May 04th 2004
May 04th 2004
yukon ...holla at me fam...
May 04th 2004
errata
May 05th 2004
:)
May 05th 2004
      RE: :)
May 05th 2004
excellent.
May 05th 2004
RE: excellent.
May 05th 2004
      RE: excellent.
May 10th 2004
interesting read
May 07th 2004
RE: interesting read
May 07th 2004
      while your perspective is interesting
May 08th 2004
May 10th 2004
UPS!
May 10th 2004
SSSSssssssssss^Up^ --
May 13th 2004
Archive
Knockout_Jenkins
May 13th 2004
      RE: Thanks,
May 18th 2004
           Yeah...actually...
May 18th 2004
Nice work.....
May 18th 2004

soulchild
Member since Dec 25th 2003
1272 posts
Mon May-03-04 09:45 AM

Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profileClick to add this author to your buddy listClick to send message via AOL IM
1. "RE: YUKON MAGAZINE.III"
In response to Reply # 0

mmm....interesting and inspiring.

Like Moses and Aaron
Things gon’ change, it's apparent
And all the transparent gonna
Be seen through
Let God redeem you
Keep your deem true
Watch out what you cling to
You can get the green too
Observe how a queen do
And I remain calm readin' the 73 Psalm
Cause wit all this on, I got the world in palm
- L.boogie

Nowachaoticthing
Member since Dec 24th 2002
2178 posts
Mon May-03-04 10:12 AM

Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profileClick to add this author to your buddy list
2. "RE: YUKON MAGAZINE.III"
In response to Reply # 0
Mon May-03-04 10:41 AM

I'm really enjoying these informative interviews...

***edited to add***

...and big up to Tek for providing his insight to the piece.

"To be a poet is a condition, not a profession."
- Robert Frost

http://inevitabletruth.blogspot.com/
http://www.lulu.com/content/187759
http://www.hdfest.com/Barry/allreviewsbarry.html
http://wishbonec.wordpress.com/

Instant Axis
Member since Nov 15th 2002
1953 posts
Mon May-03-04 11:02 AM

Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profileClick to add this author to your buddy listClick to send message via AOL IM
3. "RE: YUKON MAGAZINE.III"
In response to Reply # 0

doesnt get any rawer than that...respect indeed.

fuck a sig!!!

why MiracleRic thinks me and him clic aight, here's the reason, u real with yours, i am once i bring my guard down, we both stupid as hell, we both got our talents, want a lot of the same things, like a lot of the same things, we both

PhotoSynthesis
Charter member
16101 posts
Mon May-03-04 11:18 AM

4. "RE: YUKON MAGAZINE.III"
In response to Reply # 0

I'm laughin' @ Blak -- Picking all the controversial ppl's first --- (or so~called troublemakers) -- *LoL*

First Zin -- Then Me -- Now BarTek -- ;^)

(((Excellent Interview))) -- Simply excellent! -- *Forreal Tho*

Indepth -- Sincere -- & Informative -- I felt it all with emotion & pride!

Big ^Ups^ to Tekkie baybeee! -- *smiles*

A guitar string vibrating, a measure of my soul, a breech in the silence --
I've always felt like words come through me & I write them down... they have no master --- gsquared ♥

http://www.soundclick.com/bands/2/photosynthesis_music.htm

Nowachaoticthing
Member since Dec 24th 2002
2178 posts
Mon May-03-04 12:37 PM

5. "Method to the madness???"
In response to Reply # 4

"Picking all the controversial ppl's first --- (or so~called troublemakers)"

Now why would he risk losing his audience by picking the boring folks? *smirk*

**mutters under his breath** I swear... Photo always tryin ta cause trouble...

LOL

*ducks*

"To be a poet is a condition, not a profession."
- Robert Frost

http://inevitabletruth.blogspot.com/
http://www.lulu.com/content/187759
http://www.hdfest.com/Barry/allreviewsbarry.html
http://wishbonec.wordpress.com/

BarTek
Member since Nov 10th 2002
51250 posts
Mon May-03-04 01:22 PM

Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profileClick to add this author to your buddy list
7. "RE: Lol"
In response to Reply # 5

I love you guys. On the real though.

Peace.

let's play ping pong ■

PhotoSynthesis
Charter member
16101 posts
Mon May-03-04 03:00 PM

8. "RE: Method to the madness???"
In response to Reply # 5

You betta duck Chaotic! -- *Photo pops Chaotic upside da head -- (BUT MISSES)*

*LoL*

I'll get ya when you least expect it! -- *hmmmph*

I've always felt like words come through me & I write them down... they have no master --- gsquared ♥

Frosted_Flake
Member since Mar 03rd 2004
2750 posts
Mon May-03-04 01:14 PM

Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profileClick to add this author to your buddy list
6. "hmmmm so I gotta be controversial huh?"
In response to Reply # 4

well... yo mama! *pfffffft*

------------------------------------------------------------
<------ I'm in love... I'm all shook up.

Who are the five best posters on OkayPlayer of all time? Think about it...
Frosted_Flake, Frosted_Flake, Frosted_FlakeFrosted_Flake and Frosted_Flak

PhotoSynthesis
Charter member
16101 posts
Tue May-04-04 01:56 PM

11. "*LoL* @ Frosted Flake --"
In response to Reply # 6

You're cute! -- ;^)

blak_yukon
Charter member
3901 posts
Tue May-04-04 05:39 AM

9. "RE: YUKON MAGAZINE.III"
In response to Reply # 0

i'm checkin'out folks...i promise you. there are some youngans i got my eye on...

stay tuned,
blk

----------sig-----------

me and the fellas would converge and heat up some Hot Pockets in preparation for Rap City.© Roc

dude, getting a response from the folks at freestyle is like watching water boil...© Tek

Zin
Member since Jan 21st 2004
2972 posts
Tue May-04-04 07:14 AM

10. "yukon ...holla at me fam..."
In response to Reply # 9

if you dont got ;long distance call me and i'll call you back playa ...where the fuck you been?

you know a nukka was waiting on this one .... real good one here mannnnn holla tho on the resil

sig.~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Guess who's Back

blak_yukon
Charter member
3901 posts
Wed May-05-04 06:22 AM

12. "errata"
In response to Reply # 0

ups to frak on the first question...

there...i said it.

blk

----------sig-----------

Imagination_7
Member since Jun 10th 2003
1580 posts
Wed May-05-04 06:56 AM

13. ":)"
In response to Reply # 12

Thanks to black_yukon for shedding some light on the person Bartek really is... truly an inspiring and wonderful being.

Tek.. I sincerely love and appreciate you for all of your support and accepting me for who I am. And as always for helping me to fight the darkness in myself and become a better person. You've had my back and I will always have yours...

It is very nearly impossible . . . to become an educated person in a country so distrustful of the independent mind. James Baldwin

Lesley

BarTek
51250 posts
Wed May-05-04 04:17 PM

15. "RE: :)"
In response to Reply # 13

I heart you too. Peac

let's play ping pong ■

Natalie
Member since May 06th 2003
2162 posts
Wed May-05-04 02:43 PM

14. "excellent."
In response to Reply # 0

you surprised me with this one, blak and tek mos' def' stayed true to being tek; good on you he gets the BIG big UPs!

(*ponders to self 'maybe this should be called "revealed with blak_yukon" hmmmmm....' and walks away mulling this production opportunity* lol!)

peace,

n.

==================================

"I'm a curbside prophet with my hand in my pocket and I'm waiting for my rocket to come." - Jason Mraz

"Conformity is the refuge of a stagnant mind."

BarTek
51250 posts
Wed May-05-04 04:17 PM

16. "RE: excellent."
In response to Reply # 14

yah! daps natalie, where have you been?!

let's play ping pong ■

Natalie
2162 posts
Mon May-10-04 12:18 PM

22. "RE: excellent."
In response to Reply # 16

check ur inbox.

n.

==================================

"I'm a curbside prophet with my hand in my pocket and I'm waiting for my rocket to come." - Jason Mraz

"Conformity is the refuge of a stagnant mind."

delsbrothergeorge
Charter member
4413 posts
Fri May-07-04 12:54 PM

17. "interesting read"
In response to Reply # 0

if it's proper to address anything that was said, i'd like to add that "the disease that plagues humanity" is humanity itself.

otherwise, why do we all pray to some sort of higher power?

---i'm here---

"...do what scares you..." -- l. varela

BarTek
51250 posts
Fri May-07-04 01:05 PM

18. "RE: interesting read"
In response to Reply # 17

>if it's proper to address anything that was said, i'd like
>to add that "the disease that plagues humanity" is humanity
>itself.
>
>otherwise, why do we all pray to some sort of higher power?

I am wondering if you are defining humanity as a state that we can slip out of(?) I think, even the athiest has a god. As far as I know that depth might be inescapable.

Peace.

let's play ping pong ■

delsbrothergeorge
Charter member
4413 posts
Sat May-08-04 06:01 AM

19. "while your perspective is interesting"
In response to Reply # 18

it strikes me as a tad naive.

not that i'm opposed to hope...it's just that benevolent thoughts don't often translate into practical action.

whereas human beings and their relationship to god is concerned, i'd say i define humanity as a condition and the act of worshipping a higher power as one means of seeking to overcome that condition.

a quick survey of the history of world religions reveals that humans have struggled mightily to balance the better angels of their nature against their strong inclinations to service vice and self-interest. you might say we identify the best parts of ourselves as god-like and that we seek to behave as god would want us to. but we rarely succeed in applying those individual standards to societies at large. even in strict theocracies, one person's ego invariably spoils the bunch. and that's a best case scenario.

naturally, this could launch into a whole 'nother discussion. take it as you will. your goals are noble, but don't be disappointed when you leave this place in the same condition you found it.

---i'm here---

"...do what scares you..." -- l. varela

PhotoSynthesis
Charter member
16101 posts
Mon May-10-04 10:40 AM

20. "RE: YUKON MAGAZINE.III"
In response to Reply # 0

(((Still Flippin' Thru The Pages)))

Turnin' da corners ^UP^ -- ;^)

robynwildchild
4550 posts
Mon May-10-04 10:57 AM

21. "UPS!"
In response to Reply # 0

YOU taking over for barbara walters... hmmm.. is britney cryin infront the camera's ya next move.. lol. SIKE..

FA REAL.. .. this was a cool joint.. bartek.. i didn't know a lot but i knew some, and now i now more.. shit.. good luck and hell yea this board is helping and healing and releasing... i don't think most people recognize that shit.. but i know for damn sure it gets me thinking and writing and feeling much better... ya know.. its our art form and there are a lotta people out there that don't deal wit shit the same way..
off the topic.. i'll stop it.. lol.. ups!

~~~~~~~~ luv R.
https://www.facebook.com/robyn.wildchild12
psycho.
"Institutions encourage us to consider the opinions they sell as "facts" and that we "believe" rather than question the morality they pitch."
cities need fewer shopping malls and more skat

PhotoSynthesis
Charter member
16101 posts
Thu May-13-04 11:03 AM

23. "SSSSssssssssss^Up^ --"
In response to Reply # 0

Cuttin' out coupons from Yukkon's magazine! -- *LoL*

U got a problem wit dat? -- ;^)

Knockout_Jenkins

Thu May-13-04 11:33 AM

24. "Archive"
In response to Reply # 23

BarTek
51250 posts
Tue May-18-04 07:37 AM

25. "RE: Thanks,"
In response to Reply # 24

That would be hella dope. What do you think Know?

Peace.

let's play ping pong ■

KnowOne
Charter member
39942 posts
Tue May-18-04 08:00 AM

26. "Yeah...actually..."
In response to Reply # 25

they all get Archived. But I was away on vacation all last week (anyone miss me? LOL) So thats why it dropped. I'll stick it in a lil' later.

IG: KnowOne215 | PS+ ID: KnowOne215

KnowOne
Charter member
39942 posts
Tue May-18-04 08:08 AM

27. "Nice work....."
In response to Reply # 0

Tek...though we've butted heads in the past (lol) you know I respect & appreciate you. Keep Flowin'.....
And Youkon....keep up the good work Fam.

IG: KnowOne215 | PS+ ID: KnowOne215

Lobby Freestyle Board Freestyle Board Archives topic #12269 Previous topic | Next topic