Printer-friendly copy Email this topic to a friend
Lobby Freestyle Board Freestyle Board Archives topic #11913

Subject: "COTM: Review your Autobiography (submitted by Revion)" This topic is locked.
Previous topic | Next topic
delrica
Charter member
6889 posts
Tue Jun-01-04 06:16 AM

Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profileClick to add this author to your buddy list
"COTM: Review your Autobiography (submitted by Revion)"

Peace ya'll.

This month's COTM was brought to us by Revion.

"Write a Review of YOUR Autobiography"

Write a review of their Autobiography, sort of like an Epilogue...it has to be maximum 1 page long.

*YOU DO NOT need to have written a book about yourself in order to do this. But write it as though you have...just like a summary of your life in a page as though it was a review of a book you have read.

If this is not clear...definitely inbox me, Know or Revion. Good luck ya'll!

----------------------
Cop my stuff, mayne!

My first chapbook: "This Chapbook Was Made With Pilfered Office Products" available now - $6.00

My 2nd chapbook, coming in 2007: "Orgasms and Ice Cream"

fmi: http://www.myspace.com/delrica

Printer-friendly copy | Top

Topic Outline
Subject Author Message Date ID
* * 1/2
Jun 01st 2004
RE: * * 1/2
Jun 01st 2004
AWWWW
Jun 03rd 2004
i intend to (be)
Jun 01st 2004
RE: COTM: Review your Autobiography (submitted by Revio
Jun 02nd 2004
Robyn: The Meltdown
Jun 03rd 2004
Revion : My Story
Jun 04th 2004
RE: Revion : My Story
Jun 09th 2004
Soledad...
Jun 04th 2004
Ugh! Don't Read This Crap!
Jun 04th 2004
RE: Ugh! Don't Read This Crap!
Jun 05th 2004
hollywood_ni
Jun 06th 2004
5000 pages and still aint done?
Jun 09th 2004
RE: 5000 pages and still aint done?
Jun 09th 2004
      RE: 5000 pages and still aint done?
Jun 14th 2004
      I wouldn't find a fitting response to this...
PetraP
Jun 19th 2004
           thanks alot..
Jun 23rd 2004
Jun 15th 2004
1 star
Jun 19th 2004
I won't critique...but I'll summarize...
PetraP
Jun 19th 2004
"The Way It Walks...": can we keep stride? (tried to po
Jun 20th 2004
Tackled Dreams
Jun 23rd 2004

Annabanana
Member since Oct 22nd 2003
83 posts
Tue Jun-01-04 09:52 AM

Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profileClick to add this author to your buddy listClick to send message via AOL IM
1. "* * 1/2"
In response to Reply # 0
Tue Jun-01-04 09:59 AM

Ann's life is a unique, yet often self-aggrandized tale of social, philosophical, and spiritual experimentation. Though her pampered roots in Indiana's smalltown suburbs afforded her the opportunity to achieve her professed "worldliness," she often downplays her comfortable background in attempts to portray herself as a seasoned, street-smart woman of the inner-city. However convincing this facade may be to the untrained eye, Ann's $30 thousand dollar education (a year) is only the most obvious of truth-betraying realities.
However this book is not entirely lacking. If you are one who finds interest in the intricacies of a five year old's struggle to put on her shoes, or the cute details of a 7 year old's first encounter with a dictionary, you might actually enjoy this book. However, Ann's long history of working with children might be attributed to the fact that she cannot work with people her own age and lacks the social skills to get a real job. To top it all off, her romantic interludes often become repetetive and predictable, to the point that they are obnoxiously painful to read.

revion
Charter member
818 posts
Tue Jun-01-04 07:13 PM

Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profileClick to add this author to your buddy list
2. "RE: * * 1/2"
In response to Reply # 1

Wow! this is exactly what i had in mind...i give u mad respect for this
**Stands up and Applaudes**

P.S> Ann's review has encapsulated me and it was a good read...brought a smile to my face cause i feel i know Ann better now

i give it **** out of 5
my only criticism...it makes me wanna read the book...fo' real

Thanx for being the first one to post

www.cdbaby.com/cd/iko
"i created a record label just to release this artist,listen to the music and you'll understand why"

Men write notes to her music - revion

robynwildchild
Member since May 06th 2003
4550 posts
Thu Jun-03-04 06:26 AM

Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profileClick to add this author to your buddy listClick to send message via AOL IM
5. "AWWWW"
In response to Reply # 1

i'd give you more credit than that... this was an interesting perspective of what you plucked... i don't know if i can come up with my own opinion of my autobiography!!!!

done good!~

~~~~~~~~ luv R.
https://www.facebook.com/robyn.wildchild12
psycho.
"Institutions encourage us to consider the opinions they sell as "facts" and that we "believe" rather than question the morality they pitch."
cities need fewer shopping malls and more skat

Morehouse
Member since Feb 25th 2003
7568 posts
Tue Jun-01-04 08:07 PM

3. "i intend to (be)"
In response to Reply # 0
Tue Jun-01-04 08:44 PM

is my life one lived or one viewed as if out-of-body, from across a room with no windows, a baby, naked, waiting to be clothed by a future self?

in many ways i am invisible, in ways ralph ellison's character in "invisible man" showed the world (or those that have read and understood). the imagination is as destructive as it is beautiful and as much as i try to turn away from the real, in attempts to find paradise lost and found, everyday i become more aware of my reality--i am a black man in america. this, in turn, makes me a "black" writer, these two words, -black- and -writer-, inseparable from each other, like the chain of dead slaves from the bone.

all things being stated before, recycled through time and thought to be original, my story is. my story is. for 21 years i have seen, but i have yet to see. i believe in reason which can be difficult to find in a world where windows are closed to truth in exchange for comfort, where children are killed at the hands of other children. my bouts with a romanticist and idealistic mind have led me to cigarettes and occasional alcoholic binges that only fuel my nightmares of no tomorrow.

lover. idle.
random. i have seen the belly of the city on fire. i live there. and even after all this time...the sight of a homeless man feigning sleep on a grate in the hell of winter still brings tears to my eyes.

i am better at reading about the dynamic transition and growth of others than beginning to place my own into words.
this was my novice attempt to give the shadows of my past a voice, much like emotion gives to the heart, or winds give to ghosts, wanting never to be forgotten.

i am not what was intended, but i intend to (be)

i love you all

"when my love comes to see me it’s
just a little like music,a
little more like curving colour(say
orange)
against silence,or darkness…" -e.e. cummings

"we are accidents waiting to happen" -radiohead

"Poetry is a kind of distilled insinuation. It’s a way of expanding and talking around an idea or a question. Sometimes, more actually gets said through such a technique than a full frontal assault." -Yusef Komunyakaa

"The Black Artist's role in America is to aid in the destruction of America as he knows it. His role is to report and reflect so precisely the nature of the society, and of himself in that society, that other men will be moved by the exactness of his rendering and, if they are black men, grow strong through this moving, having seen their own strength, and weakness; and if they are white men, tremble, curse, and go mad, because they will be drenched with the filth of their evil."

-Amiri Baraka, from "State/meant" in the essay, "Home"

"My love is my soul's imagination. How do I love thee?...Imagine." -Saul Williams

http://www.facebook.com/profile.php?id=500290931

myself is sculptor of
your body’s idiom:
the musician of your wrists;
the poet who is afraid
only to mistranslate
a rhythm in your hair...
-E.E. Cummings

delrica
Charter member
6889 posts
Wed Jun-02-04 03:49 AM

Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profileClick to add this author to your buddy list
4. "RE: COTM: Review your Autobiography (submitted by Revio"
In response to Reply # 0

This is a good idea. I'm going to have to post this on Da Community and see what they do with it.

----------------------
Cop my stuff, mayne!

My first chapbook: "This Chapbook Was Made With Pilfered Office Products" available now - $6.00

robynwildchild
Member since May 06th 2003
4550 posts
Thu Jun-03-04 06:43 AM

6. "Robyn: The Meltdown"
In response to Reply # 0

"I was small child that didn't fully understand what moving really meant, until she had experienced it time and time and time again. One never gets used to the idea of re-rooting yourself every few months, losing the stability and security of home over and over again."

Robyn portrays a picture of drama and loss as she takes us on the roller coaster ride of growing up inbetween the suburbs of Pittsburgh to its trailer parked country side. Her emowords move you from one end of the spectrum to the other. She describes what it is like to be left out, misunderstood, rejected and frowned upon, only to see how she was saved by the fates that lead her to safety. Her story told is a sense of fate, faith and future understanding of a past relived. The twists and turns leave you feeling luckier than most and at the same time worse than ever. The end result would be a feeling that no matter what happens to you in life, there is another day. Her hope overcasts the agony of whining and ranting about thoughts and theories that make life daunting.

~~~~~~~~ luv R.
https://www.facebook.com/robyn.wildchild12
psycho.
"Institutions encourage us to consider the opinions they sell as "facts" and that we "believe" rather than question the morality they pitch."
cities need fewer shopping malls and more skat

revion
Charter member
818 posts
Fri Jun-04-04 12:15 AM

Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profileClick to add this author to your buddy list
7. "Revion : My Story"
In response to Reply # 0
Fri Jun-04-04 12:16 AM

The story starts with him trying to write a novel; which turns into a short story and finally sits as a piece of unfinished prose. That’s basically the story of his life - a young man with big ideas but can't execute them and when he does; he falters or does not see them through.

2 years after the country's first Democratic Elections, he left a place he called home (Bophuthatswana) and began a different journey through the city of Gold (Johannesburg).
He moved from a primary school and township where there were no white people to a high school which had only 5 blacks (including him and his cousin) in it. In a country that's 85% black that was an eye opener for him. He battled to understand how he's a minority and a majority at the same time.

He went overseas and spent a year in South America which was a second eye opener where he realised that not all white people are racist and not accepting, he also learnt that blacks are not inferior to whites and that he lives in one of the most beautiful countries in the world.

All in all it's a journey of someone trying to find out who he is and what his place is in this world.

And there's also some battles with his writing...but that's another review altogether

www.cdbaby.com/cd/iko
"i created a record label just to release this artist,listen to the music and you'll understand why"

WILDOUT
Charter member
2723 posts
Wed Jun-09-04 01:48 AM

12. "RE: Revion : My Story"
In response to Reply # 7

lovely. mos def.

Soledad
Member since Nov 11th 2003
1338 posts
Fri Jun-04-04 06:19 AM

8. "Soledad..."
In response to Reply # 0

She's been unconscious for too many years to keep track of.

Gazing out over the ruins of a romantic relationship gone sour, she decided to open her mind, and rethink a lot of the ideals that she had been set in previously. Rather than wallow in depression, she used the negative energy she had inside and turned it into a positive by further developing her writing and drawing skills, picking up a camera and capturing her perspective of the visual world on film, and emancipating herself through these aesthetics. She dug her heels deeper into fine literature to enlighten her thinking and spread the knowledge to others. She also fine-tuned her spiritual connection with the Most High and came to the realization that we are not here to please everybody, and is currently understanding the meaning of true, unconditional love and friendship. There were many times she stumbled, as have many of us when we're trying to reason the unreasonable, but glancing back over the past year, she has grown immensely from within. She's had to leave old habits behind and continue walking on the path that she knows will lead to better days despite the odds she is against.

The one most valuable lesson she has learned from despair is that burdens are blessings in disguise, because sometimes bones need to be broken so they can set as stronger foundations.

She's conscious now, and her bones continue to heal.

www.marlenelillian.com

www.planetcory.com

Nowachaoticthing
Member since Dec 24th 2002
2178 posts
Fri Jun-04-04 05:36 PM

9. "Ugh! Don't Read This Crap!"
In response to Reply # 0

This pathetic attempt at sensationalizing what is, at best, a mediocre autobiography is only worth reading to cure a bad bout of insomnia. The sleeping tablet that I’m speaking of is a book titled “Raindrop Serenade”, written by Sadiq Ali (an obvious pseudonym. If I wrote this, I wouldn’t use my real name either.) I haven’t seen this much self-indulgent drivel since Will Smith’s last crossover hit song.

“Sadiq” starts out with his “hard knock life” as a poor black child living in the slums of Chicago in a strict family that taught him to be seen, but not heard. At some point, I was expecting him to mention that he was the son of a sharecropper or coal-miner’s daughter. I mean, the whole “bad childhood” angle went out with Michael Jackson’s last nose, didn’t it? Life is hard and sometimes it sucks, so you deal and get over it. Take that jazz to Oprah, but for God’s sake, don’t base ten chapters on it!

I could go on and on with the absurd details (Awkward adolescence, foolish young marriage, Naval enlistment, drunken sailor encounters with “delicious-looking” Australian women, ill-advised love affairs and one-night stands, difficult divorce, various heart-breaking relationships, his odd obsession with football and some guy named Walter Payton <yawn>) but I’m afraid that I’ll induce massive comas or violent nausea if I continue. Trust me, unless you need a good night’s sleep or a decent laxative, I recommend that you pass on this one.

"To be a poet is a condition, not a profession."
- Robert Frost

http://inevitabletruth.blogspot.com/
http://www.lulu.com/content/187759
http://www.hdfest.com/Barry/allreviewsbarry.html
http://wishbonec.wordpress.com/

delrica
Charter member
6889 posts
Sat Jun-05-04 07:48 AM

10. "RE: Ugh! Don't Read This Crap!"
In response to Reply # 9

This is funny...my review was sorta going to have a similar title.

----------------------
Cop my stuff, mayne!

hollywood_ni

Sun Jun-06-04 03:47 AM

11. "RE: COTM: Review your Autobiography (submitted by Revio"
In response to Reply # 0

Take a glimpse into the life and loves of this country boy whose heart has alway's dwelt in the heart of the city. East coast to West coast, he's seen it all...and probably done it at least once or twice, yet at times he still finds himself locked in conflict with his greatest and most unescapable enemy, himself.
This book although unfinished will offer the reader indelible insight into the mind of a chronic underachiever whose potential is at times blinding. A must read for fans who truly believe truth to be stranger than fiction as well as those who simply believe in believing

WILDOUT
Charter member
2723 posts
Wed Jun-09-04 02:17 AM

13. "5000 pages and still aint done?"
In response to Reply # 0
Wed Jun-09-04 02:29 AM

The story begins with this line, and it pretty much sums up the book.

If you cant speak of life with a smile, then you havent lived.

If you like epics then this is one for you, if not then hit up some other mans book. This cat was born out of wedlock to a lesbian mother who had sex with her gay best friend. By the time his mother found out she was pregnant she had adopted a little 3 year old girl from st. vincent with her lesbian partner (whom she had just gotten back together with). The controversy sparked by the pregnancy through the lesbian and gay community (yes they are actually seperate for those who don't know) swept through the small city of london ontario. During that period contact was lost with his father triggerred by the bankruptcy of his mothers work and the necessity to move (and change phone numbers) while his father was out of the country. By the time the little boy was two he showed frustration with whatever he couldnt do, biting himself when he couldnt walk. But otherwise was full of love for everyone in his surroundings, and brought happyness to wherever he was. At age four one of the room-mates in the house he was being raised in married his mother to try and give him a father figure, this fell through however after a catastrophic episode of two month long repeated sexual assault and then rape with his father figures nephews (age 13 and 15). The police were uninterrested in what had happened, and put the two teens on a watching list, one of them was arrested years later for assaulting numerous boys after being found raping one by a school yard, the other joined the army. The little boy's family was pretty much torn apart at that point, when the room-mate abandoned his mother and him to be in his famillies defence. The little boy's older brother had moved back in with them during that period after being put up for adoption and living with foster parents (since his mother was only 17 when she had him and the authorities had meddled with her insecurities)--anyways he was back, then he left with his little brothers stepdad (who was also gay). Social problems ensued, and therapy began at the age of four, hence the deepness of the little boys analytical mind. School problems became regular, due to the little boys growing authority issues, and his frustration with not being the leader of everything he was in. Trust issues I suppose are rooted all the way back to there.
He got baptized catholic when he was like 5 too, out of his own choice, cause he was in the choir down the street before he could even read. He was in love with music, and when he moved to Toronto at age six he spent alot of his time listenning to classical, and old jungle/house/rap dj tapes his mother had made during her years working at clubs. As a little boy he frequented clubs and would dance all night while his mom worked the bar, no joke. The growing up period of the book includes many more antics of his love for people, fumbling because of his lack of trust for anyones ability to be as capable as him. It also includes every type of problem that western children deal with, violence, sexism, homophobia, racism, poverty--all of which were the product of his pride in his family. Eventually lil dude ended up in a group home for a year, came out did highschool, gang relations, disrespect to the wackest who swarm. Graffiti wars, rap music, crushes, love affairs, hate, passion, arguments, triumph.

In the end this is a story about a boy who has survived and come out stronger through everything, through rape, homophobia, sexism, racism, violent surroundings, poverty, bullshit education systems that dont even relate to the places there in, friendships and lack thereof, music, stereotyping cause dude is white, group homes, government child thiefs, gang relations, graffiti wars, family struggles, therapy for years.

Out of it comes the formation of a man who you'd be wrong to say couldn't relate to anyone who has had an honest struggle of a life, the true modern man. Perhaps if he had trusted one of the many people who tried to make him their child prodigy because of his off the chart IQ he wouldn't have struggled so badly, but everything he has he's earned and will continue to earn. In the end this story really displays how infinite potential really is, and how many people cut themselves short when it comes to life.

WILDOUT
Charter member
2723 posts
Wed Jun-09-04 02:22 AM

14. "RE: 5000 pages and still aint done?"
In response to Reply # 13
Wed Jun-09-04 02:27 AM

this doesnt even do it justice..

Yo, all i have to say is to those who think im arragont..
arragont to what mofucker? I am so much, why would I need to be decietful like you cats, my life story began before you even learned to verbalize thoughts...thats why i dont even bother with you cats, i speak what i know, how many times do i have to explain it before you get that if i speak it i probly know it.

Oh and the case got closed yesterday, I'm a free man. Another thing get's added to the list of my life.

But it's because of this deciet that I have to tighten up my wall structure,
but good people like the ones on this board are gonna see
I'm ceo strength, and im not even twenty.

you all have infinite potential, life is beautiful. and that outline doesnt talk much about the beauty i've found in every situation..its hard, ive fumbled with this challenge for a while now.

peace
((wo))

revion
Charter member
818 posts
Mon Jun-14-04 02:16 AM

15. "RE: 5000 pages and still aint done?"
In response to Reply # 14

All fiction stories pale in relation to your story and you're real and you're alive...it's a blessing to read your trials and the fact that you still have hope in life and are moving on.

This is a memorable piece that i won't easily forget and if it were a book i would buy it...Fo'Real!!!

Love yourself and Love life

Peace

www.cdbaby.com/cd/iko

PetraP

Sat Jun-19-04 05:50 PM

18. "I wouldn't find a fitting response to this..."
In response to Reply # 14

...if I would rearrange my words over and over for the next year...
Thank you for sharing this, I cannot tell you how deeply you have impressed me!
Much respect and love,
Miss P

WILDOUT
Charter member
2723 posts
Wed Jun-23-04 03:50 PM

22. "thanks alot.."
In response to Reply # 18

but it isnt near done yet..
one day maybe ill try to put it all into words
one day

((wo))

NoBle
Member since Nov 23rd 2004
446 posts
Tue Jun-15-04 12:08 AM

16. "RE: COTM: Review your Autobiography (submitted by Revio"
In response to Reply # 0

This young man started life out so easy growin up in middle class America. Father passed away when he was only ten, leavin moms with two daughters, a son, and him. Now he's livin with grandma, until cancer infected her whole thoracic cavity, watchin the paramedics role her out as he screams, she was pronounced dead at the scene. Moms moved him to a small town in nowhere america at the age of 13, population 492, whats a young city kid to do. Now 15, cancer inflicted his mother, down to the bone marrow, makin bones brittle, she can't walk, hip broke, a young man had to stay strong, he had to help his mom. But, the chemotherapy and 3 surgeries didn't help, now mom passed on, he went to live with a sister he didn't even know. Now 15 the kid hated this world, tried suicide but didn't succeed, so he got in enough trouble with the wrong people to see if someone would finish the job. Cried himself to sleep almost every night, wishin he could change his life. Go back to when he was young and treasure the time he had with them, wishin he could go back act right, take all the bad out, and put in nothin but good. remeberin when he got punished for actin up, talkin back, and sayin stuff he now regrets. This young man carries that burden with him still, unable to let it go, wishin he could show, how much he loves them, and have them smile down upon him.

"take a free ride on my thought" -back thought

Got the gadget Q gave Bond, control your mind, make you jump in a pond
Quack quack, flap your arms leave you confused but completely unharmed

******SiG***************
"my crisis stems where
love used to bloom"-BarTek

delrica
Charter member
6889 posts
Sat Jun-19-04 01:44 PM

17. "1 star"
In response to Reply # 0

"What Were YOU Thinking When You Bought My Book?" has sold over 2 copies, which is a huge surprise for this author. The book, though cute in maybe one area, is a dry recounting of a writer who has great potential, but usually lacks that something extra that separates her from the others. Truthful stories filled with self deprecation and sarcasm are obviously cloaking a deeper story that the writer refuses to address. Her wit, though sometimes appealing, leaves the book lacking a lot of true storyline as she refuses to put down her walls long enough to write a true autobiography.

You won't find the fabled stories that people pass on about her in here...instead you'll find a skeleton of a history, waiting for her sequel writing effort, "Okay...I'll talk if you Actually Think I'm Interesting Enough to Have a Second Book," to fill in the story behind this author.

----------------------
Cop my stuff, mayne!

PetraP

Sat Jun-19-04 06:06 PM

19. "I won't critique...but I'll summarize..."
In response to Reply # 0

Is this an autobiographical poetry collection, or a collected, poetic autobiography?
PetraP's (aka Miss P) autobiographical piece, is a poetry collection that throughout the book, tells her life's story. In several spoken word, rap verse and other poetry pieces this young Austrian woman tells of a journey across the globe, five incidents of near death (before age 18), due to various reasons from drug overdose to a life-threatening illness, her struggle with friends, partners, cultural transition, and an incredibly fucked up society - yes, this book uses explicit language when appropriate to express the author's true feelings! PetraP writes about a spiritual journey, influenced by worldly struggles with racism, sexism, classism, and more, and about the growth of an incredibly strong young woman.

the sentient
Member since Oct 06th 2003
6 posts
Sun Jun-20-04 09:51 PM

20. ""The Way It Walks...": can we keep stride? (tried to po"
In response to Reply # 0

"The way it walks..." is a harrowing yet uplifting story of a boy raised in Belfast, brought to australia where he works with disabled children. The factual, more objective sides of the story are perhaps the driving force - incidents such as the bomb blast that scarred him, his early and abrupt passage into adulthood defending his mother against her boyfriend as she attempted to rob her while the main protagonist (brendan) was ten (and intrinsically, the strange unwavering guard he has kept since that day, nine years ago), and his polarised dealings with an astranged family of IRA activists - and as such make for compelling reading. However, there is also a less sensationalist side to the story which cannot be overlooked; the story of a man (and, at nineteen, a mature one at that) that is almost brought down by the Thoreauian concept of quiet desperation in an existence brought to relative stasis. How does one who has fought - and thrived in the fight - his whole life deal with something less concrete, the abstraction of loss of direction? This is the question asked at the heart of the book, and hence is where the reader will have to ask itself "can i relate to this character?"

In approaching "The Way It Walks", we are overpowered by the main protagonists ability to survive, although not without his scars. The title comes from the belief of the main character that he (brendan) "Walks with three shadows", refering to his two cousins that were killed in Belfast, Ireland, in a world that knows not of his struggles. He mavels in retrospect at his ability to intimidate the most ruthless of characters, and wonders introspectively if they see it in his stride, that they "are not just up against one man, but spirits that allow to carry enough conviction to put fear into Satan himself". The main force of this book comes into play when we see this conviction does not translate into a peaceful life: once trust in fellow man is lost, how can love or peace ever be possible? No man is an island, so how can he ever hope to be a fortress?

I found this book compelling, and surprisingly tender, although it ends on uncertain terms. More a work in progress than a full Autobiography, we are left to wonder the fate of someone we grow to love and respect - through all faults - as he continues through the life most of us know, a powerhouse of both mind and body, in a world that has need or use for neither.One thing we can be certain of however, is that the main character will survive, become more weathered and ensure that "everything ever lets go of will have claw marks on it".

The book is reminiscent of hemmingway at his best, or perhaps more accurately Chinua Achebe's "things fall apart", and is a must read for those trying to find any sort of identity. I give it 4/5, and hope - for Brendans' sake - for an uplifting sequel.

Zin
Member since Jan 21st 2004
2972 posts
Wed Jun-23-04 01:12 PM

21. "Tackled Dreams"
In response to Reply # 0

i know my shit is wack but what the hell...

Tackled Dreams the riveting autobiography that seems to climax at the scene of a University’s campus in western portion of Virginia. Not your typical story of a young black boy who has escaped Dodge City’s potholes of drugs, guns, poverty and sex . Although, him and his family make it out of the ghetto by the means of his drug dealing older brother’s money, this would only be the first of many obstacles to cross . The main character; a three time prep school state football star who’s brother ‘s main concern is to make sure he doesn’t follow in his footsteps, makes it into a division one school on a full scholarship only to be tackled by a torn ACL and told he could never play again. The all within two months of arriving to school he is stripped of his athletic means and money. Faced with the choice of getting a job and returning home to take care of his new born baby and trying to complete school he presses on. And this is only the beginning!!!! This young mans struggle with money, family, drugs, and love is expressed through his pen his only unconditional love.

sig.~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Guess who's Back

Lobby Freestyle Board Freestyle Board Archives topic #11913 Previous topic | Next topic