Printer-friendly copy Email this topic to a friend
Lobby Freestyle Board Freestyle Board Archives topic #10740

Subject: "...:: Grope Bread in Pro-Keds ::..." This topic is locked.
Previous topic | Next topic
Foneticcus
Charter member
10424 posts
Sat Sep-11-04 12:54 PM

Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profileClick to add this author to your buddy listClick to send message via AOL IM
"...:: Grope Bread in Pro-Keds ::..."

the negro: a beast in the image of God / we scrimmagin' hard...Fone split a mic & suddenly diction is sparked / words heavy in essence, while on the scales y'all just tipping the marks / all you pitching is lard...no potency like a phallus limp in the yard / i mean instead of holla, y'all should *hustle* back / 'cuz my vocab? you not touching that...bug-a-boo niggas bussin' blanks / all talk, but when it comes to cuttin' / we ain't seeing nothin' shanked, just malicious intentions / like Pearl Jam's Mike McCready, to be honest, you might could see me, but only if yr vision's relentless / i take a gander at the gaunlet & all i see is kids & their henchmen / toddler talent with fisher price mics... / scales 'bout to be tipped in an instant / with an immaculate spitting condition...mic apparatus burnt sicker than if syphillis entered / & opposition's once again gas-faced like constipation just hit 'em wit tension / i mean if you ain't yet glazed over, then gaze over: this nigga's indifferent / not enough arrows in yr quiver to tempt him / passersby scoped a battle but figured a lynching / see, you ain't hanging wit me, dog...that's basic canine error / came to the conflict with a collar & treats like you could tame my terror? / quit grilling, the villain liked yr dame's eyes better / you bask in my shadow of my wildstyle wizardry / let my artillery visit, see...& get clapped by an arrow...flack jacket reduced to plaster & tassles / 'cuz the skill's precision is a thousand words dipped in vision / not yet shaken, but stirred they still drip exquisite / while you homogenize the homeplate, evict the different / so my seven brainchildren in anger management, them kids is livid / & when you spit, don't pivot / movin' targets are the hardest...keep the locomotion / & stay coal-fed, oldheads /

the potent notion is to keep tabs on the dope...& keep the nose fed/

*sniff*

===========================

"Pimping ain't art...but grabbing guns is?!"
(c) Menphyel

"I've come to realise that I never loved Hip-Hop as a whole,
just a particular era that happened at the same time as
I was actively checking actively for new music."

Printer-friendly copy | Top

Topic Outline
Subject Author Message Date ID
RE: ...:: Grope Bread in Pro-Keds ::...
Sep 11th 2004
lol...10 views, 1 reply...
Sep 11th 2004
Sep 11th 2004
lol...
Sep 17th 2004
homogenize the homeplate
Sep 11th 2004
:::Whoahhhhh:::
Sep 11th 2004
L-...L-...L-...Le-...Lee-....
Sep 11th 2004
heat. you write poetry?
Sep 12th 2004
hes a beast!
Sep 17th 2004
oh, sht!
Sep 17th 2004
RE: best emcee ish in a long long looooong while...
Sep 17th 2004
the call out
Sep 18th 2004
*tips hat*
Sep 21st 2004
Sep 22nd 2004
Hmmm
Sep 22nd 2004
Oh! -- I'm Sorry --
Sep 28th 2004
keep it flowin
Sep 29th 2004
::nods head::
Sep 29th 2004
ups.
Oct 04th 2004
not a critique
Oct 06th 2004
i think your flow, was
Oct 06th 2004
this is sick!!!!!
Oct 06th 2004
RE: Archive please!
Oct 06th 2004
*sniff*
Oct 06th 2004
&
Oct 06th 2004
Oct 14th 2004
lol...??
Oct 22nd 2004
Oct 23rd 2004
Oct 23rd 2004
archive!
Oct 24th 2004
Third That Motion! -- (((ARCHIVE)))
Oct 25th 2004
      Fixxin' 2 INBOX KnowOne Now!
Oct 25th 2004

Revolt
Member since Apr 06th 2004
3661 posts
Sat Sep-11-04 02:44 PM

Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profileClick to add this author to your buddy list
1. "RE: ...:: Grope Bread in Pro-Keds ::..."
In response to Reply # 0

So I'm reading...every once and a while like "oooo".."niiiice"..."crazy"...then you like picked up speed and demolition like hurricane Ivan in the 2nd half:

"not enough arrows in yr quiver to tempt him / passersby scoped a battle but figured a lynching / see, you ain't hanging wit me, dog...that's basic canine error / came to the conflict with a collar & treats like you could tame my terror?"

and...

"not yet shaken, but stirred they still drip exquisite / while you homogenize the homeplate, evict the different / so my seven brainchildren in anger management, them kids is livid / & when you spit, don't pivot / movin' targets are the hardest...keep the locomotion / & stay coal-fed, oldheads /
the potent notion is to keep tabs on the dope...& keep the nose fed/

*sniff*"

Woooooah! I'm floored.

I don't think I ever told you before, but I truly anticipate your drops. And this one fed the hunger.

P.S. And reading your blog has become one of my passtimes, for real

"i think
of existing
instead of being

i am
nothing,
nothing at all." © Morehouse

"Tis always better to write when thou hath not much to speak." © Revolt

"...i'm always longing, so imagine what kind of miles i'm logging on my pen..." © Otto

The avy: Moi.

Foneticcus
Charter member
10424 posts
Sat Sep-11-04 03:01 PM

Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profileClick to add this author to your buddy listClick to send message via AOL IM
2. "lol...10 views, 1 reply..."
In response to Reply # 1

interesting.

>So I'm reading...every once and a while like
>"oooo".."niiiice"..."crazy"...then you like picked up speed
>and demolition like hurricane Ivan in the 2nd half:

lol...i think i expected that kinda reaction. i really actually didn't wanna pick it up in the second half, cuz i wanted to make this an ignorant battle spit...just all style & no substane cuz i ain't written a *verse* in so long...its poem after poem & i got tired of bein' that bougie...so this was some Lloyd Banks, Ludacris, Corey Gunz, T.I. type stuff...but i guess i couldn't help myself & had to slip the mental heat in there...lol.

>I don't think I ever told you before, but I truly anticipate
>your drops. And this one fed the hunger.
>
>P.S. And reading your blog has become one of my passtimes,
>for real

that's really high praise & i thank you. kinda shocked, but i guess i learn of new readers all the time so i should be used to it by now...lol. thanks for the props. i never figured you a fan...stay up, ma.

(c) Menphyel

Instant Axis
Member since Nov 15th 2002
1953 posts
Sat Sep-11-04 04:06 PM

3. "RE: ...:: Grope Bread in Pro-Keds ::..."
In response to Reply # 0

"so this was some Lloyd Banks, Ludacris, Corey Gunz, T.I"....hmmmmmmmmm...i was thinking more on the lines of Mega...a dash of Jay....a lil Killarmy in there....and some flash back boot camp but thats just me...nice to see the venom aint left ya head piece...this was enjoying to spit out loud but then again it always was when you dropped in a rhyme format...you def an incredible poet but i digs the rhyme side more so then ya poetical genius but thats me yet again...this was solid shit fam...peace.

fuck a sig!!!

why MiracleRic thinks me and him clic aight, here's the reason, u real with yours, i am once i bring my guard down, we both stupid as hell, we both got our talents, want a lot of the same things, like a lot of the same things, we both

Foneticcus
Charter member
10424 posts
Fri Sep-17-04 11:15 AM

8. "lol..."
In response to Reply # 3

nah, Mega isn't quite styled this way...he's definitely a more laid back kinda cat that'll still tear yr neck off yr shoulders if you mess though. but i'm definitely seein' the Killarmy comparison, i guess to me a lotta these mixtape ripping cats like Luda, TI, Corey Gunz 'nem are just evolving the styles of those cats further along...i was listening to dirty weaponry yesterday thinking, yes indeed...i see some Killa Sin in this flow. i 'preciate the daps man...& i'll try to keep the emceein' flowing more regularly for ya, pops!!!!

(c) Menphyel

mindful
Charter member
41306 posts
Sat Sep-11-04 05:34 PM

Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profileClick to add this author to your buddy list
4. "homogenize the homeplate"
In response to Reply # 0

my favorite phrase... above...

fav lines:

'cuz my vocab? you not touching that...bug-a-boo niggas bussin' blanks / all talk, but when it comes to cuttin' / we ain't seeing nothin' shanked, just malicious intentions / like Pearl Jam's Mike McCready, to be honest, you might could see me, but only if yr vision's relentless / i take a gander at the gaunlet & all i see is kids & their henchmen / toddler talent with fisher price mics.

ha... and one would say, you still got it....*nods*

=======================
and even tho
do all of these things
you ©Jill Scott

~~~

------------------------------
my work
http://meetmsmindful.wordpress.com
http://www.lulu.com/content/7598631
http://evan-roth.com/grey.php

PhotoSynthesis
Charter member
16101 posts
Sat Sep-11-04 08:48 PM

Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profileClick to add this author to your buddy list
5. ":::Whoahhhhh:::"
In response to Reply # 0
Sat Sep-11-04 08:54 PM

You musta been away in prison recently, Fonn -- *chuckles* -- Pumpin' iron -- Buffing up -- Liftin' weights --( ( (ICE GRILLIN) ) )

Comin' back all vicious, malicious & shyt! -- *LoL*

I'm just glad to see you back on board -- It really don't matter to me what -- (Or how) -- the hell you spit! -- *smiles* -- (Whether poetic prose or freestyle/keystyle) -- It's always -- ~ALL GOOD~

*Word*

Oh!

And leave my Fisher Price Mic ALONE!!! -- *heheh*

A guitar string vibrating, a measure of my soul, a breech in the silence --
I've always felt like words come through me & I write them down... they have no master --- gsquared ♥

http://www.soundclick.com/bands/2/photosynthesis_music.htm

Lou
Charter member
9599 posts
Sat Sep-11-04 08:51 PM

6. "L-...L-...L-...Le-...Lee-...."
In response to Reply # 0

LEECH? *scratching chin*!

the skill's precision is a thousand words dipped in vision
while you homogenize the homeplate, evict the different

i dig i dig

---/
--/
-/
/

blaksilence
Charter member
1533 posts
Sun Sep-12-04 03:35 PM

7. "heat. you write poetry?"
In response to Reply # 0

*pause* (i'm playin)

too many needles to quote fam

The cry I bring down from the hills
__________belongs to a girl still burning
__________inside my head. At daybreak

____________________she burns like a piece of paper. - YK

Aeon
Charter member
43870 posts
Fri Sep-17-04 03:12 PM

Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profileClick to add this author to your buddy list
9. "hes a beast!"
In response to Reply # 0

_

shakin your block with a 6 million dollar bop

_

www.davidevanmcdowell.com

Aeon
Charter member
43870 posts
Fri Sep-17-04 03:12 PM

10. "oh, sht!"
In response to Reply # 9

my avy!
ha, nice one kiko.

_

_

BarTek
Member since Nov 10th 2002
51250 posts
Fri Sep-17-04 03:14 PM

11. "RE: best emcee ish in a long long looooong while..."
In response to Reply # 0

i ain't touchin it. in fact, i want this archived.

peace.

let's play ping pong ■

delsbrothergeorge
Charter member
4413 posts
Sat Sep-18-04 02:08 PM

12. "the call out"
In response to Reply # 0

every once in a while, an artist needs a comrade to do something that asks "what the fuck is the deal, son?"

something that shows off a person's gift and calls out for other folks to show theirs off as well.

which means that somebody is soon gonna post something "inspired by" this drop. i'm not sure what i'm finna do after reading this one. but i'm hearing the call.

well effin done.

---i'm here---

"...do what scares you..." -- l. varela

Foneticcus
Charter member
10424 posts
Tue Sep-21-04 08:53 PM

13. "*tips hat*"
In response to Reply # 12

glad to be of assistance...

*smiles*

(c) Menphyel

ASIEM
Charter member
4154 posts
Wed Sep-22-04 03:57 AM

14. "RE: ...:: Grope Bread in Pro-Keds ::..."
In response to Reply # 0

aint seen you as often glad to know your pen is still drippin boldly...this battle work amazes me at time and I truly can say work like this keeps me wanting more

ASIEM
"Kuun fiyah Kuun" Quran
(Be and it is)
" A writer takes his pen to write the words again that all in love is fair" Stevie Wonder
checkout these sites
http://4luvofpoetry.com
www.poetology.com

"keep pennin till the earth birth's your rightful seed then nurture it wit more ink..."
ASIEM
"Kuun fiyah Kuun" Quran
(Be and it is)
" A writer takes his pen to write the words again that all in love is fair" Stevie Wonder

www.myspace.com/asiem61

Winter Blaze
Charter member
1514 posts
Wed Sep-22-04 06:11 AM

15. "Hmmm"
In response to Reply # 0

Leech man stop being a stranger- we need more quality drops like this one. I read it twice and not gonna try to quote- Very good work.

Kitkat

I'm moody, I'm cranky, I'm emotional-Dammit just leave me alone

Sometimes you gotta let go of the ones you love must- If it's meant to be it'll come back to you

The sexual revolution was born in between these thighs waiting to be reinvented.

PhotoSynthesis
Charter member
16101 posts
Tue Sep-28-04 08:00 AM

16. "Oh! -- I'm Sorry --"
In response to Reply # 0

But I'm not ready for this to fall off just yet! -- ;^)

^Up^ 4 Pro~Keds

I've always felt like words come through me & I write them down... they have no master --- gsquared ♥

3rd i
Charter member
15831 posts
Wed Sep-29-04 02:25 AM

17. "keep it flowin"
In response to Reply # 0

dope drop..i was really feeling the flow!

Hustle back whodie!

Q: what's the deal with puerto rican lovers?

A:well for starters they do salsa and merengue in your pussy. that helps. (c) Damali

sistawitafro: dude i've been caught many-a-night by a lifetime movie

dude: i remember when i first started watchin it. i was back in petey b (petersburg) and all tha ladies as watchin it. i was like i aint about to watch a damn chick flick wit all of ya'll. next thing i know, i'm passin out tissues and talkin about "he wrong for that. he wrong for that."

From beginning to end no matter what if we are true to ourselves then how could any action be a sin to us-PG

www.myspace.com/3rd_i

3rd i: so u gonna be my child's god parent
Dawgeatah: i already have 3
3rd i: yeah but do u have a black one..like pokemon gotta catch them all.

i am a self-mutilator
of the worst kind...
(c)MyLife

wolfie
Charter member
1038 posts
Wed Sep-29-04 02:59 AM

18. "::nods head::"
In response to Reply # 0

niceness

~*~*~*~*~*~*~newolf~*~*~*~*~*~*~

the light: so, you're having a pre-pre-midlfe crisis?
wolfie: yes.
the light: well, that's wonderful!

icantspell

RatpackSlim
Charter member
1216 posts
Mon Oct-04-04 01:29 PM

19. "ups."
In response to Reply # 0

rock that ish, homie.

just like the "old days"...!

-----
"You Sensitive Bastard", Rob Sturma's latest book of poems, is available directly from the author. It's a pretty book with a real ISBN number and everything.

www.myspace.com/robsturma

Otto
Member since Dec 19th 2002
4624 posts
Wed Oct-06-04 04:36 AM

20. "not a critique"
In response to Reply # 0

all you pitching is lard...no potency like a phallus limp in the yard

"...let not perverse things fall from your lips..."

-Otto

Otto
Member since Dec 19th 2002
4624 posts
Wed Oct-06-04 04:40 AM

21. "i think your flow, was"
In response to Reply # 0

essentially flawless, i mean, the rhyme didnt get off on tangents, it was smooth and consistant (scuse me while i check out this piece of hotness that just walked in to the library)....jeapordy song plays....and plays....and plays...anyway, otto's back now, i do like the title, to me it is reminiscent (s/p?) of kids who are on food stamps, but can buy the new jordans...or platinum phooboo

i wear boo boo

lol

sorry i took so long to reply.

-Otto

KnowOne
Charter member
39945 posts
Wed Oct-06-04 05:11 AM

22. "this is sick!!!!!"
In response to Reply # 0

my bad for sleepin'....

Keep Flowin'.......

IG: KnowOne215 | PS+ ID: KnowOne215

BarTek
Member since Nov 10th 2002
51250 posts
Wed Oct-06-04 09:56 AM

25. "RE: Archive please!"
In response to Reply # 22

Peace.

let's play ping pong ■

paperdollpoet
Charter member
2238 posts
Wed Oct-06-04 06:21 AM

23. "*sniff*"
In response to Reply # 0

---
wwatd? → → →

"God is a verb." - Bucky Fuller

www.sheflypaper.com

paperdollpoet
Charter member
2238 posts
Wed Oct-06-04 06:22 AM

24. "&"
In response to Reply # 23

see, you ain't hanging wit me, dog...that's basic canine error / came to the conflict with a collar & treats like you could tame my terror? / quit grilling, the villain liked yr dame's eyes better

yeah mayne.
---
wwatd? → → →

"God is a verb." - Bucky Fuller

www.sheflypaper.com

seraph219
Charter member
479 posts
Thu Oct-14-04 08:27 AM

26. "RE: ...:: Grope Bread in Pro-Keds ::..."
In response to Reply # 0

damn

!!!!!

Foneticcus
Charter member
10424 posts
Fri Oct-22-04 06:19 PM

27. "lol...??"
In response to Reply # 26

(c) Menphyel

AUS
Member since Sep 25th 2002
780 posts
Sat Oct-23-04 03:22 AM

28. "RE: ...:: Grope Bread in Pro-Keds ::..."
In response to Reply # 0
Sat Oct-23-04 03:22 AM

yo this was ill from title to end. keep it on son.

Basura Caliente:

S.A.U.S.E. - Distributary
The Movie Stars - Coming to the Stage

"I school a beat like I'm Aus at Harvard" - Miracle Ric

"Bless yo heart!!!!"

http://www.myspace.com/beatslanginpimps
http://www.myspace.com/s_a_u_s_e

Phenomenality
Charter member
31246 posts
Sat Oct-23-04 06:18 PM

29. "RE: ...:: Grope Bread in Pro-Keds ::..."
In response to Reply # 0

>the potent notion is to keep tabs on the dope...& keep the
>nose fed/
>
>*sniff*

Fonetticus's ridiculous phonetic etiquette is a prerequisite only ta his lingual ejaculatory excellence...

got damn.

Breathe E.Z.
~Zhana Vee~

BlackPlanet ID: Phenomenality
-----------------------------
"I do NOT like our name, MOSAIC Corporation. I think it's a fruity toot name. It's antithetical to my charector and I dislike it on a fundamental level." Raj of The Apprentice.

Gotta quote my mfself erry now n den..

"You have true control over a very minute number of things in this life.. your INTEGRITY is one of them. Where the path of integrity intersects with temptation... that place is sacred. That point is called "CHOICE". Choice is the only antidote to that incurable disease called 'Regret'. Bet."

"Only time will tell our fate.. but I'm walkin this path ten toes ta tha grain.. neck high, back strait.."
I'm focused, man.

Vee is I and I am She

http://twitter.com/phenomenality
http://instagram.com/i.am.phenomenality

Aeon
Charter member
43870 posts
Sun Oct-24-04 05:34 AM

30. "archive!"
In response to Reply # 0

_

_

PhotoSynthesis
Charter member
16101 posts
Mon Oct-25-04 02:06 AM

31. "Third That Motion! -- (((ARCHIVE)))"
In response to Reply # 30

Bartek asked first --

Aeon second --

I thirded it --

NOW MAKE IT HAPPEN! -- ;^)

PhotoSynthesis
Charter member
16101 posts
Mon Oct-25-04 01:28 PM

32. "Fixxin' 2 INBOX KnowOne Now!"
In response to Reply # 31

And Del too!

Cuz sometimes folks be sleepin' -- *Zzzzzzzz*

Lobby Freestyle Board Freestyle Board Archives topic #10740 Previous topic | Next topic