Printer-friendly copy Email this topic to a friend
Lobby Okayplayer News Discussion Okay Artist Archives topic #7186

Subject: "Larry Gold - New Now Hear This!!!" This topic is locked.
Previous topic | Next topic
okayplayer
Member since Jun 21st 2002
905 posts
Tue Aug-05-03 09:54 AM

Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profileClick to add this author to your buddy list
"Larry Gold - New Now Hear This!!!"
Mon Aug-11-03 08:17 AM

Hey, y'all!

We're pleased to announce that "Larry Gold Presents Don Cello and Friends" hits the street TOMORROW, AUGUST 12th!! .

------------------------
Just launched today -- the latest Now Hear This! spotlight features "Larry Gold Presents Don Cello and Friends," a musical homage to the ‘city of brotherly love,’ Philadelphia.

Composed, curated and produced by this legendary string arranger, "Presents" reflects on soul music’s celebrated past, popular present, and undeniably rich future.

Featuring Black Thought, Floetry, Gerald Levert, Kindred and more, "Presents" explores differing moods, contexts, situations and stages of love.

Peep it and let us know what you think!

Printer-friendly copy | Top

Topic Outline
Subject Author Message Date ID
I love this album.
Aug 05th 2003
congratulations to Larry and company
Aug 06th 2003
drops
Aug 06th 2003
the standout is.....
Aug 07th 2003
RE: the standout is.....
Aug 08th 2003
RE: New Now Hear This!!!
Aug 07th 2003
very tight shit
Aug 12th 2003
Ordered it from London last week
Aug 12th 2003
erro
Aug 13th 2003

psykosoul
Charter member
3059 posts
Tue Aug-05-03 12:03 PM

Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profileClick to add this author to your buddy list
1. "I love this album."
In response to Reply # 0

with all of the Philly's new blood on these tracks, it was an old schooler who's got the best track on this LP. That Bunny Sigler jam is HOT!

™♥

"Funk is something that one feels, and everybody has the ability to feel it. The irony is: The more one thinks about it, the harder it is to get the feel of The Funk. It's just done." - George Clinton

http://www.imeem.com/psykosoul

aoxomoxoa
Charter member
2708 posts
Wed Aug-06-03 05:29 AM

Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profileClick to add this author to your buddy list
2. "congratulations to Larry and company"
In response to Reply # 1
Sun Aug-10-03 03:33 AM

for making more than you realize happen

"in the luv shack with a nug sack and my rug rats who keep naps under they skull caps. pass around a bottle of sambuca and a hookah, there's even times when i look into the future. blazin' DMT with GFE. now don't be surprised when you seein' me wi

allison
Charter member
25289 posts
Wed Aug-06-03 07:16 PM

Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profileClick to add this author to your buddy list
3. "drops"
In response to Reply # 0

next tues. right ?

~You only know what you see. You don't understand what it takes to be me~

~Don't let other people's expectations of you determine your choices~

MADAME X
Charter member
496 posts
Thu Aug-07-03 08:58 PM

4. "the standout is....."
In response to Reply # 0

I love this whole album, but Bunny Sigler is the standout. Much love to Larry GOLD..i mean DON CELLO.

SPADE
Charter member
4745 posts
Fri Aug-08-03 02:22 AM

Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profileClick to add this author to your buddy listClick to send message via AOL IM
6. "RE: the standout is....."
In response to Reply # 4

yeah that was the track I liked immediately.

Ignorancia
Member since Jul 02nd 2003
7 posts
Thu Aug-07-03 10:33 PM

5. "RE: New Now Hear This!!!"
In response to Reply # 0

As I said before in other board I think the hole album is awasome you could check our playlist for august and find what have significate the album for us. Incredible, well done Mr. Gold
Favourite track: Travelling featuring Kameelah whaleed.

Check the paylist at www.ignorancia.com (music)

DaveBeats
Member since Nov 28th 2002
237 posts
Tue Aug-12-03 04:50 AM

Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profileClick to add this author to your buddy listClick to send message via AOL IM
7. "very tight shit"
In response to Reply # 0

i'm lovin this album... i really like the way it reflects the current philly sound... opening up with tariq on "no stoppin' us" was a great way to start things off. it made a statement that carried and reflected throughout the album. congrats larry, you did yourself and illadelph proud

Yank
Charter member
24509 posts
Tue Aug-12-03 05:12 AM

8. "Ordered it from London last week"
In response to Reply # 0

and it's already shipped just waiting for it to get here

Lies run sprints.
Truths run marathons.

jaeism
Charter member
359 posts
Wed Aug-13-03 06:21 AM

9. "erro"
In response to Reply # 8

the erro track is NIIIIIIIICE!
wen is erros album dropping? producers? guests?

Lobby Okayplayer News Discussion Okay Artist Archives topic #7186 Previous topic | Next topic