Printer-friendly copy Email this topic to a friend
Lobby Okayplayer News Discussion Okay Artist Archives topic #6800

Subject: "NO POWER FOR 2 DAYS!! HELP!!!! S.O.S!" This topic is locked.
Previous topic | Next topic
Skillz
Member since Jun 05th 2003
576 posts
Sun Sep-21-03 02:10 PM

Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profileClick to add this author to your buddy list
"NO POWER FOR 2 DAYS!! HELP!!!! S.O.S!"

What in the hell? I jus finished tryin 2 hurry up & bbq some chicken before it got dark. I mean during the day its all good but when the sun goes down its like im filming a scene outta Blade or something. These fools talking about Friday before we c any power. This is nuts,I been listening to this small ass radio all day hearing the same songs every two hours. Downtown looks like a ghost town with homeless people. For real yall, Im a caveman that knows how to rap right now. Look out I might be dragging ya girlfriend down the street wit a cardboard sign around my neck that says" Will Ghostwrite For Electricity"!

Yeah I got dreams...and all of em are in my backpack.

Printer-friendly copy | Top

Topic Outline
Subject Author Message Date ID
you writing at all?
Sep 21st 2003
He already wrote this song
Sep 21st 2003
RE: NO POWER FOR 2 DAYS!! HELP!!!! S.O.S!
Sep 21st 2003
Will Ghostwrite For Electricity! HAH!
Sep 21st 2003
They aint have SHEEEIT!!!!
Sep 21st 2003
I've been out since thurs.
Sep 21st 2003
RE: I've been out since thurs.
Sep 21st 2003
hahaha Will Ghostwrite for Electricity
Sep 21st 2003
are you a pepco rep?
Sep 22nd 2003
      RE: are you a pepco rep?
Sep 22nd 2003
Sep 25th 2003
Sep 25th 2003
RE: I've been out since thurs.
Sep 22nd 2003
Sep 21st 2003
sux to be you :o)
Sep 22nd 2003
RE: sux to be you :o)
Sep 22nd 2003
oh my damn
Sep 22nd 2003
      lol at Disbelief
Sep 22nd 2003
Sep 22nd 2003
Sep 22nd 2003
im in t.o.,and my cousin in montreal got....
Sep 24th 2003
Please dont say those dirty words
Sep 22nd 2003
Sep 22nd 2003
you postin from the motorola?
Sep 22nd 2003
I know I shouldn't laugh, but...
Sep 22nd 2003
U can Crash here...
Sep 22nd 2003
Hilarious......
Sep 22nd 2003
YOU HAVE NO POWER BWHAHAHAHAHA!!!!!
Sep 22nd 2003
so you Mad again?
Sep 22nd 2003
Yeeooo !!
Sep 22nd 2003
RE: Yeeooo !!
Sep 22nd 2003
      RE: Yeeooo !!
Sep 22nd 2003
      Thanks mayne!
Sep 23rd 2003
      archive
Sep 22nd 2003
heh heh heh
Sep 22nd 2003
All you whining mofos!!!
Sep 23rd 2003
I feel ya
Sep 23rd 2003
man! i aint seein electrisitie
Sep 23rd 2003
RE: man! i aint seein electrisitie
Sep 24th 2003
      guess what isnt still on....besides my game
Sep 25th 2003
mayne, my shit been out since thursday
Sep 24th 2003
how bout...
Sep 24th 2003
RE: how bout...
Sep 24th 2003
      mos undubbitibly....
Sep 25th 2003
2 dayz nukka u crying bout 2 days
Sep 26th 2003
so umm
Sep 26th 2003

ricky_BUTLER
Member since Jul 06th 2003
16899 posts
Sun Sep-21-03 02:13 PM

Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profileClick to add this author to your buddy list
1. "you writing at all?"
In response to Reply # 0

i wonder what this situation might turn out to be in your hands through your eyes.

LiquidDope
Charter member
25123 posts
Sun Sep-21-03 10:05 PM

8. "He already wrote this song"
In response to Reply # 1
Sun Sep-21-03 10:07 PM

It was the last track on "From Where?!!?".

Kwelifications
Member since Feb 19th 2003
937 posts
Sun Sep-21-03 02:18 PM

Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profileClick to add this author to your buddy list
2. "RE: NO POWER FOR 2 DAYS!! HELP!!!! S.O.S!"
In response to Reply # 0

Go somewhere on vacation my good man, you surely deserve one. Cot damn hurricane knocked my power out till today. It's crazy how dependant we are on electricity but what are we gonna do? go back to candles? I think naught.

<---- now who else wanna fuck with Hollywood Cole?

hasta la victoria siempre

gusto
Charter member
26878 posts
Sun Sep-21-03 03:14 PM

Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profileClick to add this author to your buddy list
3. "Will Ghostwrite For Electricity! HAH!"
In response to Reply # 0

i was wondering how you guys were doing down there. like does timbo and pharrell have no lights either.

..|.,

If you still don't know what Jade Typhoon is, click here:
http://jadetyphoon.blogspot.com/ (WS)

SPIN_ONE
Charter member
2335 posts
Sun Sep-21-03 04:17 PM

Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profileClick to add this author to your buddy listClick to send message via AOL IM
4. "They aint have SHEEEIT!!!!"
In response to Reply # 3

until today I think.....mine came on today and I'm just right down the street from them......

Skillz,if you need batteries hit me on the inbox! I don't need mine anymore....

"hip me to the link where I can paypal you this penis." Bombastic

"you are not worthy of rating this cd.........or living for that matter" MC_Delta_T

"Who gives a shit? Enjoy the fucking titty, damn." Remy Martin

Steve
Charter member
10919 posts
Sun Sep-21-03 04:25 PM

Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profileClick to add this author to your buddy listClick to send message via AOL IM
5. "I've been out since thurs."
In response to Reply # 0

I am in pg county md.. shit is wack.. still aint back

p5d
Member since Jul 01st 2002
422 posts
Sun Sep-21-03 04:30 PM

6. "RE: I've been out since thurs."
In response to Reply # 5
Sun Sep-21-03 04:49 PM

hello, customer, if you are served by PEPCo. we apologize for the outage, but we are trying to restore your power as soon as we can.

what people don't understand is, we want you to have power. if you don't the meter stops spinning and we don't get our money. things are going faster this time compared to the aug 26 and 27 violent t-storms.

we have brought back the same amount in that week as we have in just 3 days. but there has been a lot of damage.

i tried to get the area where my cousin lives power but they have their own order for this choas...again we apologize....i have to work 12 hours shifts (6 am to 6 pm) from thursday of the storm to this friday....

*edit*
and look at the consequences of rushing...2 deaths (Bowie and Baltimore County) and a house fire

MFBayne1
Member since Sep 11th 2003
8 posts
Sun Sep-21-03 05:14 PM

7. "hahaha Will Ghostwrite for Electricity"
In response to Reply # 6

That should be the title of the next album! Do an EP based all on the incident, that could be some funny ass shit. I bet you could have some hot material for it. Peace.

"Not in the mile high club so I don't give a flying fuck"

Steve
Charter member
10919 posts
Mon Sep-22-03 05:03 AM

15. "are you a pepco rep?"
In response to Reply # 6

anyways power is back so thanks yall...

now I gotta clean out my fridge LOL

p5d
422 posts
Mon Sep-22-03 12:01 PM

23. "RE: are you a pepco rep?"
In response to Reply # 15

i am a Pepco engineer working these 12 hour shifts to get people up in Montgomery County...so far i haven't been accosted by them yet, even when i was in Kensington, Bethesda and Glen Echo (all heavily treed places), but it'll come. It kinda feel good to hear the people cheering when the power comes on in an area.

Steve
Charter member
10919 posts
Thu Sep-25-03 05:27 PM

43. "RE: are you a pepco rep?"
In response to Reply # 23

my boy's crib still doesnt have power.. its pretty amazing...

people were cyssed in my building when it came back except then it went away again for 5 minutes and people went psychotic.. LOL..then it came back..

thanks for the hard work though

p5d
422 posts
Thu Sep-25-03 05:34 PM

44. "RE: are you a pepco rep?"
In response to Reply # 43

no problem....now, if we can that bastard Doug Duncan off our back.......the plan to get all power on isn't 100% full proof, but we are trying.

Nopayne
Member since Jan 03rd 2003
52628 posts
Mon Sep-22-03 12:10 PM

25. "RE: I've been out since thurs."
In response to Reply # 5

Sucks man. I'm in PG and mine came on Sunday around noon.
===========================================
-Me

---
Love,
Nopayne

jose3030
Charter member
59165 posts
Sun Sep-21-03 10:24 PM

9. "RE: NO POWER FOR 2 DAYS!! HELP!!!! S.O.S!"
In response to Reply # 0

move out the hood.

WuGambina
Charter member
47817 posts
Mon Sep-22-03 02:41 AM

10. "sux to be you :o)"
In response to Reply # 0

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
what's so difficult about the concept of "deciding what's right for yourself but not taking it upon yourself to determine what's right for others?" - Damali

Walking by faith and not by sight....

www.sandeinteriors.com
http://www.youtube.com/user/wugambina

nocturnalicious
Charter member
515 posts
Mon Sep-22-03 02:46 AM

11. "RE: sux to be you :o)"
In response to Reply # 10

Been there...
I had to deal with that here in tha D when the Blackout happened earlier this year.

<a href="https://imi.infusionsoft.com/go/npc/a3271">Click Here To Learn How To Go From Making Virtually Nothing Online To Creating A Profitable Online Business That Gives You An Autopilot Income Stream In 30 Days Or Less - Guaranteed!</a>

Belief
Charter member
18463 posts
Mon Sep-22-03 04:26 AM

13. "oh my damn"
In response to Reply # 10

that pic....*disclaimer* that's not me, that's my evil twin Disbelief

down on the upside

WuGambina
Charter member
47817 posts
Mon Sep-22-03 07:58 AM

21. "lol at Disbelief"
In response to Reply # 13

too funny

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
what's so difficult about the concept of "deciding what's right for yourself but not taking it upon yourself to determine what's right for others?" - Damali

Walking by faith and not by sight....

www.sandeinteriors.com
http://www.youtube.com/user/wugambina

milesd002
Member since Mar 10th 2003
315 posts
Mon Sep-22-03 03:26 AM

12. "RE: NO POWER FOR 2 DAYS!! HELP!!!! S.O.S!"
In response to Reply # 0

I know man,I've been without power since Thursday!You're right downtown was lookin like some ish off of a movie with people lurkin in the dark and what not! Hopefully Dominion'll get their iish together by today.(fingers crossed)
By the way,when is AD comin out with somethin else? ONE

lori2770
Member since Jan 17th 2003
28 posts
Mon Sep-22-03 04:37 AM

14. "RE: NO POWER FOR 2 DAYS!! HELP!!!! S.O.S!"
In response to Reply # 0

That really stinks. I live in Montreal where we had the ice storm in 1998. My third daughter was only 2months old and we lost power in the beginning of January! We had to go live in a shelter for awhile. It was awful, the power didn't come on for 1 1/2wks! Even when it did come back on, you kept on getting freaked out 'cause it would blink out every once in awhile and you'd think it was about to go off again. We were in a state of post traumatic stress for the rest of the month. Some places around here didn't get their power for a whole month! We had the army patrolling our streets to make sure no one went home and there was no looting. So just be glad it's not the middle of winter, at least you won't freeze to death!

dgonsh
Member since Aug 14th 2002
10693 posts
Wed Sep-24-03 05:16 PM

40. "im in t.o.,and my cousin in montreal got...."
In response to Reply # 14

terminally ill (cancer). anyway,me and the fam had to fly in to montreal right in the middle of the ice storm to go visit her. that was the most eerie sight i ever saw. plus it was a real shame what happenned to those huge 50 year old resiential trees that had to get cut down. that wasa rouh time

peace, dgonsh

AUGUST 12/2003---THE DAY THE JU JU JU JU GENERAL DISCUSSION BOARD WENT BLANK.

"anytime i state an opinion i state it's my opinion, and i back up why i stated the statement (time willing). so please folks you got to understand that it's not a good feeling to read a i'm not on his nuts comment. if i need some attention for my nuts i'll call a jawn." -Quest

"I *always* quote myself. I'm the only reliable source on *most* subjects" - OKP's First Lady of Knowledge, Janey

Yank
Charter member
24509 posts
Mon Sep-22-03 05:06 AM

16. "Please dont say those dirty words"
In response to Reply # 0

Power Outage

Lies run sprints.
Truths run marathons.

ralph_s invisible man
Member since Jul 30th 2003
714 posts
Mon Sep-22-03 05:08 AM

17. "RE: NO POWER FOR 2 DAYS!! HELP!!!! S.O.S!"
In response to Reply # 0

Ay, how's it where you at? Up in Chesapeake, VA we got power, but like no gas in the gas stations, u nknow? I might get up to va beach to see the damage. Your crib get hit hard? Any trees fall, etc? What's oceanfront looking like?

jideff215
Member since Aug 05th 2002
6850 posts
Mon Sep-22-03 05:15 AM

18. "you postin from the motorola?"
In response to Reply # 0

-----------------------------------
i flip the flip for the flip
call me a flip flipper
than flip flop in my flip flops wit strip strippers

Tank
Charter member
4903 posts
Mon Sep-22-03 06:32 AM

19. "I know I shouldn't laugh, but..."
In response to Reply # 0

>For real yall, Im a caveman that knows how to rap
>right now. Look out I might be dragging ya girlfriend down
>the street wit a cardboard sign around my neck that says"
>Will Ghostwrite For Electricity"!

BAAAAHAHAHAHAHAHAAAAA

---
"It's easy to blur the truth with a simple linguistic trick: start your story from "Secondly."" -- Mourid Barghouti

blakice
Member since Jun 11th 2003
686 posts
Mon Sep-22-03 07:33 AM

20. "U can Crash here..."
In response to Reply # 0

shoot, Skillz, you can use my house in baltimore, god blessed us with no power outage, and I just got cable back.

<--N'est Pas Ayiti Belle?
Je T'aime

Abdurrashid
Member since Jun 20th 2002
15939 posts
Mon Sep-22-03 09:12 AM

22. "Hilarious......"
In response to Reply # 0

"The camel never sees its own hump but that of its brothers is always before its eyes"- N.African proverb

Alhamdullah For Everything!

MissLady
Member since Jan 07th 2003
7220 posts
Mon Sep-22-03 12:03 PM

24. "YOU HAVE NO POWER BWHAHAHAHAHA!!!!!"
In response to Reply # 0

Now yall know how it felt in the D for three days
http://members.blackplanet.com/MissFlyLady/

"Yawl makin white folks nervous....u can't scare the white folks..cuz when u scare the white folks....they make laws, called Jim Crow"

http://brownskinlaydee.blogspot.com/

Contagious
Charter member
4130 posts
Mon Sep-22-03 12:19 PM

26. "so you Mad again?"
In response to Reply # 0

hope u get it back before u start having visions, posting like yo i saw a sabre toothed tiger and a wooly mammoth... or some crazy metaphor including them.. like u in the dark ages.

just call large pro.. he'll hook up the electricity, i mean hes a mad scientist.. i mean he should be down yall go back to 95.. just be like (remix) alot of kids wont survive If i dont get my electricity! names mad skillz years 2003.

but really tho who hits harder Hurricane Isabel or Hurricane G? lol

----------------------------------
what is the purpose of existence without persistence?

Spontaneous
Charter member
13812 posts
Mon Sep-22-03 12:53 PM

27. "Yeeooo !!"
In response to Reply # 0

What's goin on? I need booking info for you mayne..Hit me at DJSpontaneous@tmail.com at your earliest...appreciate it.

It takes years to become an overnight success...

**Listen Online Now** www.DJSpontaneous.podomatic.com

twitter.com/SpontaneousDJ

Skillz
576 posts
Mon Sep-22-03 05:34 PM

28. "RE: Yeeooo !!"
In response to Reply # 27

Iiiight so I have escaped the madness for a second. Had some biz to attend to in Philly so I stopped off in Bmore at my peoples crib for the night. Had a good home cooked meal, wrote some & did some shopping. Caught up on some videos...I haven't looked at TV in a minit...but COT DAMN can someone explain Mary J's new video to me. I felt like I was watchin TV in Norway or something. I like the way alotta yall made joke about the no power thing...real cute...I don't think some of yall could do it for a few hours. Don't worry tho, the ones that really offended me? Ima show up on ya doorstep wit a dirty overcoat, some unshined army boots & a portable bathroom wit something resembling a floating Babe Ruth in it like Damon Wayans on On Living Color. Anyway Im watching TV on the couch & fall asleep & I think I had a nightmare...all I could hear is someone sayin.." ooooooooooooh!!! Ewwwwwwww!!! Ooooooooooh!!! Ewwwwwwwww!! Then he said NOOOOOOOO MOMMAAAAAAA!! Then I wake up in a cold sweat & see Will I Am so close to the screen it looked like he was tryin to jump out of it. I rememba sayin" why is this funny lookin man making wierd noises at 12:24am"? Real funny...Will I am looking like he wants to lick the camera at 12 midnite?? Not a good sight trust me...its enough to scare any kid that's up past his bedtime. R.I.P to Water...

Skillz
576 posts
Mon Sep-22-03 05:40 PM

29. "RE: Yeeooo !!"
In response to Reply # 28

Oh bookings? Mama's boys..215 634 3456!

Spontaneous
Charter member
13812 posts
Tue Sep-23-03 05:41 AM

32. "Thanks mayne!"
In response to Reply # 29

ps. I got the drop you did for me (via Tech.nitions) on the cell...I'm tryna get you down here for a show in Bmore..I am thinkin you, Kardinal and Keith Murray (since his rates are prob reasonable now).

It takes years to become an overnight success...

**Listen Online Now** www.DJSpontaneous.podomatic.com

twitter.com/SpontaneousDJ

RamXL
Charter member
13957 posts
Mon Sep-22-03 05:41 PM

30. "archive"
In response to Reply # 28

one,
-ram

"shit, been the same since '86 and kane"

Wonderl33t
Member since Jul 11th 2002
21405 posts
Mon Sep-22-03 05:48 PM

31. "heh heh heh"
In response to Reply # 0

"Everyone who jumped off our bandwagon last year had better hurry up and get back on" -Jason Taylor

The Fellowship of the Fins:
absence, Al_Tru_Ist, Ir_Cuba, Robert, wonderl33t, xenophobia

Illgaluminati - Our guns say "REPLICA" on the barrel.
http://dotmatrixfilms.vze.com/

Remedial
Charter member
6459 posts
Tue Sep-23-03 06:15 AM

33. "All you whining mofos!!!"
In response to Reply # 0

Let me tell you about power outages. I'm from St. Thomas (U.S. Virgin Islands) and when we got hit by Hurricane Marrilyn back in 1995, we lost power from September 15th (not to sure on that date, but can't be more than a day off) and didn't get it back until the day before Thanksgiving of that year. That was over two months of candles, generators, ice bags and all the works that come with a hurricane aftermath. And don't talk about cable. Didn't see that until like March of '96. And ya'll are crying about a week of power loss?? Babies. All babies. No disrepect, but ya'll really need to know what bad is before ya'll start feeling sorry for yourselves.

Come to grips with the fact that most OKP's are of the Nut Hugger lineage, so, if you' re not part of the little cliques that exist 'round here, your posts will probably tank like Souljaboy's album sales.

bnicedh
Charter member
4667 posts
Tue Sep-23-03 11:38 PM

34. "I feel ya"
In response to Reply # 0

no power since last thursday and its just a 'chore' to go home. Its sad when I get up looking forwardt o going to work

shunjen
Member since Oct 25th 2002
12839 posts
Tue Sep-23-03 11:49 PM

Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profileClick to add this author to your buddy listClick to send message via AOL IM
35. "man! i aint seein electrisitie"
In response to Reply # 0

for a couple mo days and its gonna be a week 2morrow and i live next to rich white folx! but they do have their pwr

*it is what it is*

go here ---> www.shujen.com/

OK, go now

www.myspace.com/shujen

Skillz
576 posts
Wed Sep-24-03 05:49 AM

36. "RE: man! i aint seein electrisitie"
In response to Reply # 35

Guess what came on last nite??? Haaaaa.haaaaah

shunjen
12839 posts
Thu Sep-25-03 12:53 AM

Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profileClick to add this author to your buddy listClick to send message via AOL IM
41. "guess what isnt still on....besides my game"
In response to Reply # 36

power still out and theysaid AT THE EARLIEST today thus with my luck being what it is i will not have power to thanksgiving but i am saving money so i can buy all the new music dropping and a new camera...

and i hope richmond floods including the new malls

*it is what it is*

OK, go now

www.myspace.com/shujen

iam_czar
Member since Jul 15th 2002
5901 posts
Wed Sep-24-03 07:40 AM

37. "mayne, my shit been out since thursday"
In response to Reply # 0

i still ain't got none. i'm expecting to have some by this weekend. its power lines down a few blocks from my house. that sucks.

reject authority

You cannot depend on your eyes when your imagination is out of focus. - Mark Twain

shameless plug: www.thesminc.com

You cannot depend on your eyes when your imagination is out of focus. - Mark Twain

StillWaters
Charter member
4846 posts
Wed Sep-24-03 01:14 PM

38. "how bout..."
In response to Reply # 0

got electric back on sunday....but i ain't got no stinkin' cable or phone! damn, comcast and verizon...aw damit to hec!

yoga, studying, and NPR all frickin week, i can only take so much!

Honor the Iris's in your life!

RIP James "Jay Dee" Yancey

religion is the aspiration of man toward an idealized existence, in which the functions of god and man are harmonious, even identical. (c)amiri baraka

Skillz
576 posts
Wed Sep-24-03 01:20 PM

39. "RE: how bout..."
In response to Reply # 38

Ima tell you what I told all my peeps..always have one phone in your house that connects straight to the wall. Chill with the cordless phones maaaaan!

StillWaters
Charter member
4846 posts
Thu Sep-25-03 05:19 PM

42. "mos undubbitibly...."
In response to Reply # 39

plus, i owe u $12 so i gotta take u're advice.

Honor the Iris's in your life!

RIP James "Jay Dee" Yancey

religion is the aspiration of man toward an idealized existence, in which the functions of god and man are harmonious, even identical. (c)amiri baraka

shunjen
12839 posts
Fri Sep-26-03 01:19 AM

45. "2 dayz nukka u crying bout 2 days"
In response to Reply # 0

I STILL DONT HAVE POWER...AND SOMEBODY IS GOING TO GET HURT

and i cant get any cd's out of my jukeboxes so i am running round with only new stuff i bought...and all the other music is on my hardrive which needs what?...............

*it is what it is*

OK, go now

www.myspace.com/shujen

Esco
Charter member
44856 posts
Fri Sep-26-03 06:57 AM

46. "so umm"
In response to Reply # 0

how bout that lisa bonet

Lobby Okayplayer News Discussion Okay Artist Archives topic #6800 Previous topic | Next topic