Printer-friendly copy Email this topic to a friend
Lobby Okayplayer News Discussion Okay Artist Archives topic #6763

Subject: "Okayplayer Front Page News = Advertising Agency" This topic is locked.
Previous topic | Next topic
Alpine
Member since Feb 21st 2003
3178 posts
Thu Sep-25-03 10:03 AM

Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profileClick to add this author to your buddy listClick to send message via AOL IM
"Okayplayer Front Page News = Advertising Agency"

I do understand caters to the fans and okayplayer is trying to get the word out on feature artists’ projects but COT DAMN.

We've been reminded that Erykah Badu's album will be in store or is in store for the past two weeks straight

WE KNOW!! WE KNOW!! WE KNOW!! WE KNOW!! WE KNOW!!

You just said that yesterday. All we have to do is scroll down 10 lines and it's right there

I don't mean to be all bossy and shit but y'all need to step y'all game up at the front office

Stop sneaking in the News updates into your lunch break or into your bagel and coffee time

What happen to when the News Updates were funny and looked like at least ten minutes was put into it? It sounds like there isn't anything to say and y'all are just another ad agency spinning the same old tied AD.

I miss stress

My rant is over ............ this is all constructive criticism, if you can believe that

<<--- Avatar: Ask him for a light
------------------------------
Creative expression has no limits, and always delving deep within yourself is the key to individualism

And so i ask "who are you"
- Moi Moi (that's my motto)

Alpine--Da beneficent

Thoughts at a thousands miles per hour
Hello, ghetto, let your brain breathe
Believe there's always mo'

------------------------------------

The strange dream in my dream world...

http://www.myspace.com/695595

http://i201.photobucket.com/albums/aa3/GreedySmurf_2007/1ec8506183c1946.jpg

Printer-friendly copy | Top

Topic Outline
Subject Author Message Date ID
we are entitled to our opinions, but read this
Sep 25th 2003
RE: we are entitled to our opinions, but read this
Sep 25th 2003
Nice PR move there dunny
Sep 25th 2003
RE: Nice PR move there dunny
Sep 25th 2003
      dan-
Sep 25th 2003
      *fanning self*
Sep 25th 2003
      dont defend it
Sep 26th 2003
Sep 25th 2003
Hahaha for real...
Sep 27th 2003
Sep 26th 2003
Sep 26th 2003
      i didn't know that...
Sep 26th 2003
Sep 26th 2003
Super.
Sep 25th 2003
To elaborate:
Sep 25th 2003
damn, one more thing people should remember
Sep 25th 2003
a few reasons Y users might want 2 check the news daily
Sep 25th 2003
RE: a few reasons Y users might want 2 check the news d
Sep 25th 2003
I think they SHOULD charge
Sep 25th 2003
      RE: I think they SHOULD charge
Sep 26th 2003
           RE: I think they SHOULD charge
Sep 26th 2003
                Fuck that shit!!
Sep 26th 2003
                     LOL!! @ "since '97"
Sep 26th 2003
                     Hello Paypal, goodbye Soulwarrior.
Sep 26th 2003
*walks in room after a night of drinkin* WOW
Sep 25th 2003
      backpeddled lately?
Sep 25th 2003
      RE: *walks in room after a night of drinkin* WOW
Sep 26th 2003
      dude you sound so fucking stupid right now.
Sep 26th 2003
*Jose postjacks*
Sep 25th 2003
Props to Dan
Sep 26th 2003
more notes and admissions
Sep 26th 2003
To hell with that...
Sep 26th 2003
All bullshit aside
Sep 26th 2003
newbies.
Sep 26th 2003
I have no complaints
Sep 26th 2003
After reading all of these posts.......................
Sep 26th 2003

aoxomoxoa
Charter member
2708 posts
Thu Sep-25-03 11:01 AM

Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profileClick to add this author to your buddy list
1. "we are entitled to our opinions, but read this"
In response to Reply # 0
Thu Sep-25-03 04:43 PM

Erykah's project was JUST released 11 days ago so we are working with the label in efforts to make sure EVERYONE who comes to the site is made aware. We thank you for your frequent support by visiting the site often, but not even 1/3 of our users hit up the site more than once during a one week period. For instance, last week we enjoyed over XXX,XXX unique users but only XX,XXX came more than once. Therefore, we try and walk the line between appealing to our core fan base with different doses of news mixed with creative writing AND the visitor who are only reading the home page once during a week's time.

>> "You just said that yesterday. All we have to do is scroll down 10 lines and it's right there"

We hadn't plugged Erykah's album release (which I again remind you is only 11 days old) since Monday's update. Monday's update is now in the archives since the home page only houses 3 entries at a time. If you would have actually looked, you would have noticed that there is NO mention of Erykah's album release in any of the updates currently on the home page beside today's. Knowing that, please refer to the percentage of users Okayplayer receives that visit the site more than once in a given week's time.

As far as the updates being funny, we think they are enjoyable to read and a good mix of humor and news. In today's opening paragraph about the photo, she said "Harried-looking wife posted up in the corner. Everybody's got on workboots, including the baby" ... we here think that's pretty funny and clever writing.

B's updates, every Tuesday and Friday, we think these are great. B is a very talented writer with two published books under his belt.

Lastly, how insulting are these remarks, this is not constructive as you say:

>> "Stop sneaking in the News updates into your lunch break or into your bagel and coffee time"

>> "What happen to when the News Updates were funny and looked like at least ten minutes was put into it?"

ya know? We're working hard in here, this shit ain't easy. We don't charge y'all to use this site (yet.) We don't put up crappy and intrusive banners, pop ups, pop unders, towers, or floaters on our site because we try and keep this place TRUE and for the heads. On top of that, we are getting nearly XXX,XXX unique users a week, receiving over XX.5 MILLION hits A WEEK, serving nearly 500 GIGABYTES a month. Do you realize how much that ALONE costs us?@!#$! No, you don't. That's just a fraction of our over-head. We do charge the labels when we enter into agreement to promote the artists WE CHOOSE to promote. With that comes an obligation for us to create awareness about that artist/project in any way we can. That's one of the methods we use to create funds for us to keep the lights on around here. Now I've been nice in my response and frankly this post really pissed me off so imma leave you with this ...

suck a dick and if you miss 'Stress, watch "Scrubs"

"in the luv shack with a nug sack and my rug rats who keep naps under they skull caps. pass around a bottle of sambuca and a hookah, there's even times when i look into the future. blazin' DMT with GFE. now don't be surprised when you seein' me wi

BarTek
Member since Nov 10th 2002
51250 posts
Thu Sep-25-03 12:13 PM

Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profileClick to add this author to your buddy list
2. "RE: we are entitled to our opinions, but read this"
In response to Reply # 1

sir, i think you are great. thank you for all your hard work no doubt. i love this site, i am here everyday mixing with the heads. i have actually always wanted to do some work for you guys, free of charge, i don't care, i just want to get involved in this love. i am graphic, web designer.

peace mayne. you are appreciated.

let's play ping pong ■

Alpine
3178 posts
Thu Sep-25-03 12:44 PM

Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profileClick to add this author to your buddy listClick to send message via AOL IM
3. "Nice PR move there dunny"
In response to Reply # 1

i could go ON AND ON about how canibus only saw one update and was kicked off the front page after one week to be replaced by calvin who was there weeks before and how baby blak is gettin his dailies among other things but that would just be petty ...LOL

i do appreciate your writers, they come off funny at times but i can't help but think there are two many plugs in there

i agree to some of your points ... so effort in your madness

<<<suck a dick and if you miss 'Stress, watch "Scrubs

i might just do that fucker ... what you want some angie love too

Creative expression has no limits, and always delving deep within yourself is the key to individualism

Alpine--Da beneficent

aoxomoxoa
Charter member
2708 posts
Thu Sep-25-03 02:45 PM

Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profileClick to add this author to your buddy list
5. "RE: Nice PR move there dunny"
In response to Reply # 3

>i could go ON AND ON about how canibus only saw one update
>and was kicked off the front page after one week to be
>replaced by calvin who was there weeks before and how baby
>blak is gettin his dailies among other things but that would
>just be petty ...LOL

No, that would once again just be plain ignorance. Why don't you do some research before you run your yap, as well as get a clue that you might think you know what goes on behind your monitor but in actuality you do not.

Canibus' people only purchased one spotlight. Spotlights are a week long. Calvin's people opted for a spread out campaign over multiple weeks. During Canibus' showcase, we gave him and his project the standard run ...

Monday, announce new artist in spotlight:
http://www.okayplayer.com/archives/archive.jsp?eid=604

Tuesday, artist spotlight plug with photo:
http://www.okayplayer.com/archives/archive.jsp?eid=605

Wednesday, break from Canibus to avoid saturation

Thursday, see second paragraph:
http://www.okayplayer.com/archives/archive.jsp?eid=607

Friday, brief mention as a wrap up:
http://www.okayplayer.com/archives/archive.jsp?eid=608

This week it is Baby Blak. There just so happened to be coinciding news that has allowed us to mention Blak repeatedly aside from pluging his spotlight, for instance Blak's appearance at the Okayplayer sponsored Beat Society event.

>i do appreciate your writers, they come off funny at times
>but i can't help but think there are two many plugs in there

that's cool if you think that, but keep in mind the whole 500 GB a month thing and do the math on what that means for bandwidth costs. You're argument is similar to those made when bashing The Roots for doing a Coke commercial. We have to balance information with creativity and do our best to reach all our users, the frequent and the occasional. This is our job and we do what we have to do to keep this thing alive, while of course maintaining integrity.

>> what you want some angie love too

um, no thanks. Angie is great peoples but I know her different than just having seen here picture and read her writing.

y'all gotta learn that you might think you know shit, but a lot of times, most of you don't. I'm not at all saying that I am some be-all-end-all-knowing-shit-mother-fucker just cause I work for the site, not at all. but many of y'all be talking some dumb ass shit, thinking you know what goes on beyond your liner notes, when you don't ... and you couldn't ... and most of the time it doesn't matter. my advice would have to be for people to just try and enjoy themselves and to give thanks for their many blessings.

you can try and come with some more response to all that I'm saying but most of my colleagues will agree that I've already gone too far with the details of my defense ... so i digress

"in the luv shack with a nug sack and my rug rats who keep naps under they skull caps. pass around a bottle of sambuca and a hookah, there's even times when i look into the future. blazin' DMT with GFE. now don't be surprised when you seein' me wi

shockzilla
Charter member
37800 posts
Thu Sep-25-03 03:12 PM

7. "dan-"
In response to Reply # 5

you don't need to defend yourself

but this is a good place as any

to thank you and the rest of the office staff (the many thousands of them) for the excellent job that you do

i only have one comment about the advertising

i miss punching that monkey

cheers,

shock

Dove
Charter member
32915 posts
Thu Sep-25-03 08:03 PM

13. "*fanning self*"
In response to Reply # 5

I love it when you get fiesty like that!

http://UrbLife.com
http://twitter.com/FlyLikeDove
http://instagram.com/FlyLikeDove
http://Facebook.com/FlyLikeDove
http://flylikedove.contently.com

t510
Charter member
100002 posts
Fri Sep-26-03 02:13 AM

Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profileClick to add this author to your buddy list
17. "dont defend it"
In response to Reply # 5

we all know this site doesnt run off air...and its more than just a site for people to BS on...its a valid avenue to get the word out about good artists

im sure if you guys were more compromising, we'd have cam'ron spreads all over this bitch. if we didnt see news and promotion about artists, we wouldnt be informed, and you guys wouldnt be doing your jobs

Shawn_Gee
Charter member
969 posts
Thu Sep-25-03 03:08 PM

6. "RE: we are entitled to our opinions, but read this"
In response to Reply # 1

>We don't charge y'all to use this site (yet.)

Best quote I've seen on Okayplayer in a while.....I need to add this to my sig, especially the YET. Hopefully the ungrateful assholes will be weeded out

>suck a dick and if you miss 'Stress, watch "Scrubs"

Now that was funny Dan.....sounded like somethin' Ang would say.

"Ernest Lee is Shorty. In the Little Leagues, he can front like he’s something important, but any attempt to move into the big time leaves him exposed, shocked, and utterly outclassed". - (taken from the Blowhard league archives)

Improv
Charter member
85480 posts
Sat Sep-27-03 03:11 PM

36. "Hahaha for real..."
In response to Reply # 6

>>suck a dick and if you miss 'Stress, watch "Scrubs"
>
>Now that was funny Dan.....sounded like somethin' Ang would
>say.

-Improv!?, the man...the myth...the..whodafuck?

Elena: (looks at pic) Awww she's very pretty. She's your type...
Prov!?: What's my type?
Elena: She is...

“Inside every cynical person, there is a disappointed idealist”---George Carlin

joseph
Member since Feb 20th 2003
268 posts
Fri Sep-26-03 05:10 AM

18. "RE: we are entitled to our opinions, but read this"
In response to Reply # 1

angie is on scrubs?

Re_Alief
Charter member
1314 posts
Fri Sep-26-03 05:44 AM

20. "RE: we are entitled to our opinions, but read this"
In response to Reply # 18
Fri Sep-26-03 05:45 AM

Angieee is a writer for the show.

>angie is on scrubs?

aim:nostrilz
Yahoo:noir_nyc

"Best Knicks trade
Latrell Sprewell to Minnesota, Terrell Brandon to Atlanta, Glenn Robinson to Philadelphia and Keith Van Horn to New York.

This is a great trade for the Knicks, despite outward appearances. What Van Horn lacks in toughness, athleticism, leadership qualities, and statistical productivity, he more than makes up for in the ability to hit the wide-open 17-foot jumper at least one-third of the time, and this is an important part of Don Chaney’s offense. True, Van Horn is too weak a rebounder to play the four spot, and can’t play defense at the three spot, and he often looks lost on the court despite the fact that he apparently has no other interests in life, but he will reenergize a fan base that for too long has had only good, overachieving black players to cheer for. GM Scott Layden should be applauded for this bold move to lock up a disappointing young player with a max contract for many years to come." - -

future music purchase:

|

| |
|

Peace2U

eclecticsoul
Charter member
256 posts
Fri Sep-26-03 09:16 AM

27. "i didn't know that..."
In response to Reply # 20

scrubs is hella fucking funny! but um...why wasn't it on last night? it didnt' get cancelled did it?

esoul gives the okp staff a pat on the back -- thanks for all the memories and the break ya' neck work.

+ + + + +
milk & honey
it's good for my soul
www.eclecticsoul.com/mnh

//
'Well behaved women rarely make history.'
www.dopeswan.com
www.parallelmvmt.com
www.vergeculture.com

DMang
Charter member
25 posts
Fri Sep-26-03 04:36 PM

34. "RE: we are entitled to our opinions, but read this"
In response to Reply # 1

$2500?

bw
Charter member
1668 posts
Thu Sep-25-03 02:21 PM

4. "Super."
In response to Reply # 0

Just super.
That's all.
Even I am getting sick of this crap.

bw

bw
Charter member
1668 posts
Thu Sep-25-03 04:14 PM

8. "To elaborate:"
In response to Reply # 4
Thu Sep-25-03 04:16 PM

Welcome to Okayplayer.com. A good place to be. A unique place. News is updated here daily! People work for us (this community) and we DON'T PAY THEM. The artists even occasionally devote some of their busy schedules to communicating with us, their fans.
That is unparalleled.

This is the artist board. It's where new people come the first time they get to the boards. As users and fans and O.G.'s of this place, we should keep it a welcoming place for these new folk... because whether or not random people are pissed off about Baby Blak - god forbid this site try and pay some bills .. would you rather some pop-up ads??? I sort of trailed off there, but the point is made. Let's talk about The Roots, let's talk about the boondocks, let's talk about Avant! I don't like posting about this stuff, so hopefully this will be my last on this topic.

Oh, and no more 'what? I can't criticize things?'. YES, you can criticize things. That's fine. Just think before you post.

Be happy.

I said, be happy!!

bw

aoxomoxoa
Charter member
2708 posts
Thu Sep-25-03 04:31 PM

9. "damn, one more thing people should remember"
In response to Reply # 0
Thu Sep-25-03 04:32 PM

Okayplayer is not a definitive hip-hop / soul / r&b / 'urban' web site, it is a community site. A community of artists and fans of music & culture. The news we generally report, although are not limited to, is based on what is happening in the careers of this finite group of artists. Many times, there is more focus on one particular artist than the others, and it moves around. The concept there is cross-promotion.

The news updates are designed like blogs, journal style entries. This is the format which began with Angie and Ahmir. Since its launch, the Okayplayer web site has grown significantly. In order to accommodate growth, the update blogs on the home page had to become more news oriented. So while there may be more ads than there used to be, we're still doing our thing and no matter how many times we might plug an album over and over again, the boards are still up for peeps to post.

aoxomoxoa
Charter member
2708 posts
Thu Sep-25-03 04:38 PM

10. "a few reasons Y users might want 2 check the news daily"
In response to Reply # 0

- the photo and caption
- to see what artist we are spotlighting in the NHT, u might like!
- to learn about last minute shows added
- to be reminded of shows you may have forgot were happening
- to learn of contests
- to be reminded about Okay Artists on TV
- the boondocks
- to find links to articles/interviews/reviews RE Okay Artists
- to discover interesting board links
- to catch up on the anecdotes of Labelle and B
- you never know when ?uesto might drop a super update!

dgonsh
Member since Aug 14th 2002
10693 posts
Thu Sep-25-03 05:01 PM

11. "RE: a few reasons Y users might want 2 check the news d"
In response to Reply # 10
Thu Sep-25-03 05:03 PM

>- to learn about last minute shows added
even if the show was cancelled weeks before, a la Toronto picnic. im kidding. ive definately forgiven and forgotten for that misunderstanding.

>- to learn of contests
you know most of us get on those contests like muhfu**ers. love em.

>- the boondocks
even if some of us have no clue what the hell mcgruder is ramblin bout, you still gotta love it.

>- to catch up on the anecdotes of Labelle and B
love them. labelle is a fresh addition and B is classic. im still wonderin what the hell brian's been up to since the com tour ended.

>- you never know when ?uesto might drop a super update!
man, we havent had one of those full page callibers since the mr. evisu gold.

dan. quest. steve. whoever' reading. i was deeply sadenned when quest got pissed off and virtually vanished for a minute. im sometimes pissed when theboards dont move. and im definatelly pissed when artists round here get unjust criticism every ten minutes. but thats just ignorance. at least they could validly explain themselves.

but most of all, i was in distress when you mentioned the pay aspect of this site. i know it was probably just a "in the heat of the moment" type threat, but us loyals who respect and understand the gift of okayplayer that weve been given, surely would be in full out objection to an OKAYPAYER. personally, i dotn even know i could afford to subscribe to a website assuming the issue ever cam up, what with school costs and min. wage problems; nevertheless, i dont think i could use the internet the same again without okayplayer after school and before bed. id essentially check my email, and wonder aimlessly through cyberland.

okayplayer.com, is a second or third home to many of us, im sure i could safely say without discretion, and frankly, im not sure what my point in this rant is, but one thing i do know is, i appreciate everything you guys do for us, the real fans, and even if i dont agree with everything said, doesnt mean i dont dread the day that okayplayer is nothing but a shadow in the dust, with a timely placed tumbleweed.

anyway, have a nice day.

peace, dgonsh

AUGUST 12/2003---THE DAY THE JU JU JU JU GENERAL DISCUSSION BOARD WENT BLANK.

"anytime i state an opinion i state it's my opinion, and i back up why i stated the statement (time willing). so please folks you got to understand that it's not a good feeling to read a i'm not on his nuts comment. if i need some attention for my nuts i'll call a jawn." -Quest

"I *always* quote myself. I'm the only reliable source on *most* subjects" - OKP's First Lady of Knowledge, Janey

Dove
Charter member
32915 posts
Thu Sep-25-03 08:06 PM

14. "I think they SHOULD charge"
In response to Reply # 11

hell, even Whoo Kid charges $5.00 a month for folks to be members at his site, and they aren't complaining about it.

Paying would alleviate a lot of the bullshit that we ALL have to put up with (both employees AND OKP's who post daily)

I'm broke too, but I'd be one happy person to pay the money to keep bullshit away.

Shawn_Gee
Charter member
969 posts
Fri Sep-26-03 07:03 AM

26. "RE: I think they SHOULD charge"
In response to Reply # 14

me too

"Ernest Lee is Shorty. In the Little Leagues, he can front like he’s something important, but any attempt to move into the big time leaves him exposed, shocked, and utterly outclassed". - (taken from the Blowhard league archives)

allison
Charter member
25289 posts
Fri Sep-26-03 09:20 AM

28. "RE: I think they SHOULD charge"
In response to Reply # 26

yup,y'all should

archive this post please

~You only know what you see. You don't understand what it takes to be me~

~Don't let other people's expectations of you determine your choices~

Soulwarrior
Charter member
6671 posts
Fri Sep-26-03 01:13 PM

31. "Fuck that shit!!"
In response to Reply # 28

i'll Be Dammed to pay a RED cent to surf a web site. What the fuck is that bullshit. And as far as the front page being a advertsiting agency, thats exactly what it is. i have been surfing the site since 97 and that all its been. Until i started to heavy post i didn't even come here for weeks at a time. For more info read this straight from the about section:

1.Why isn't (artist A, band B) on okayplayer.com? They seem like they would fit in!

Well, it's not as simple as "Hey! This artist fits in! Let's build them a site!" Decisions made to join Okayplayer.com are often made by the artist in conjunction with their management and record label.

Okayplayer.com is not in the business of building static, impersonal websites, therefore an artist must participate at some level, whether it is posting to the boards, allowing Okayplayer.com access to private events or sending in exclusive audio tracks. Some artists may not feel like they can maintain this level of commitment.

Unfortunately, there are also some artists who do not yet realize the potential of the Internet. Of course, if you happen to meet an artist you feel would fit in here, feel free to ask them, "Hey…why don't you have a site on Okayplayer.com?" That's actually more effective than starting a petition on our boards. Check this archived post for a lil' more information.)

Peace and Blessings

C.A.D 5000 (If you don't know you better ask some body)

"Right on to the real, and death to the fakers"
- Big Rube
From True Dat
Come See about me http://profiles.yahoo.com/cad_1979

I Got Them Pics http://www.imagestation.com/album/?id=4289041789&congratulation_page=Y

An a Now: Some good bars from: O.C:
"Yo, my movement motion
Smooth or rough as the ocean
Sometimes it slip away and I lose devotion
My judgement get cloudy
Then I wanna get rowdy
Like Arabia
Terrorize like Saudi Arabia
My avons reflects my mood swing
Switch colors like a mood ring
Wifey telling me good things
So I won't strain
Got grey hairs, and only been here 25 years
Shed tears for niggaz I knew for life, now lifeless
When u died to us, was like the Iranian crisis
I took it hard like a flick slow mo' breathing
Prophetize dot of a book______summer night's dreaming
Semi-wet as I write this
Dragging the cancer sticks
Smoke thick, Hennessey shots to my wig
Half naked while I jot this
Lounging in my boxers
Dreaming Tahiti, even settle for the Bahamas
I get a boner
When am asleep dreaming that im louging on a yaucht
(Chillin in the sun), bom bout the leave the docks
Reality I wake up to
Feels like I woked up to a cloud filled room with angel dust......"
- From Jewels

Peace and Blessings C.A.D 5000 says -"Smile Jesus Loves you"
http://www.imagestation.com/album/pictures.html?id=2130114850
He who is not courageous enough to take risks will accomplish nothing in life"
-Ali

aoxomoxoa
Charter member
2708 posts
Fri Sep-26-03 02:27 PM

33. "LOL!! @ "since '97""
In response to Reply # 31

on some pre-cog shit

Dove
Charter member
32915 posts
Fri Sep-26-03 07:09 PM

35. "Hello Paypal, goodbye Soulwarrior."
In response to Reply # 31

Alpine
3178 posts
Thu Sep-25-03 06:42 PM

12. "*walks in room after a night of drinkin* WOW"
In response to Reply # 10
Thu Sep-25-03 06:49 PM

aren't you taking this a little too serious ... i wasn't even mad in my initial post ...... i made an observation and sort to gain information. i was in a way playing devil's advocate but you seem to have taken the shit personal seeing it as a direct attack on the character of the okayplayer front office.(or however you took it)

I NEVER SAID I KNEW WHAT WAS GOING ON (i frequent the place and notice shit)

if i was such an asshole, why you feel the need to answer me with all this info (maybe it's because you feel the need to clear a misconception)

with all the criticism y'all niggas are on hype mode huh ... go have a beer or something

look at it as me givin you the opportunity to silent all MOFO like me who question (with a little swearin even)

That's it for me

Alpine--Da beneficent

Dove
Charter member
32915 posts
Thu Sep-25-03 08:07 PM

15. "backpeddled lately?"
In response to Reply # 12

aoxomoxoa
Charter member
2708 posts
Fri Sep-26-03 05:27 AM

19. "RE: *walks in room after a night of drinkin* WOW"

yeah, part of me thought i was going too far with my explanations but in addition to simply responding to you, i took the opportunity to get some things off my chest while speaking to many people at once.

you say you weren't even mad, but you were whining like a 2 year old and screaming "WE KNOW WE KNOW WE KNOW", and your so called observations about scrolling down to see the same info was DEAD wrong. Then you insult us by saying we write the updates in 10 minutes over bagels and shit. Now you don't expect us to take that personally? Sorry man, but you're a fucking idiot if you really think that.

>if i was such an asshole, why you feel the need to answer me
>with all this info (maybe it's because you feel the need to
>clear a misconception)

cuz first of all, I hate assholes on this site and i will put the energy into flaming them if need be. Also though, I want people to read this shit, its not just for you.

>with all the criticism y'all niggas are on hype mode huh ...
>go have a beer or something

only criticism im getting right now is from you doggy, and who is 'y'all niggas' ?? HAHA. Maybe YOU should lay OFF the beers homey.

Damali
Member since Sep 12th 2002
35863 posts
Fri Sep-26-03 06:19 AM

22. "dude you sound so fucking stupid right now."

you should just stop replying for real...each reply gets dumber and dumberer...this is an argument you just cannot win.

d

"i do more for both our communities than you'll ever know." - Heinz
"But rest assured, in my luxurious house built on the backs of people darker than me, I am sipping fine scotch and scoffing at how stupid you are." - bshelly

jose3030
Charter member
59165 posts
Thu Sep-25-03 08:15 PM

16. "*Jose postjacks*"
In response to Reply # 0

Hey.
When is the new Roots album coming out?

SpectralAudio
Charter member
360 posts
Fri Sep-26-03 06:14 AM

21. "Props to Dan"
In response to Reply # 16

I had the pleasure of being in the office a few times last year and those cats put mad time and effort into this thing we know as Okayplayer. If you don't like what you see - go somewhere else. Dan is probably one of the nicest cats I've met in a while and you all are going to push these cats who are contributing something positive out of the game. Whether its quest, dan or whoever else who is only trying to share something worthwhile with you, your lack of appreciation is going to kill their inspiration all together. If I were them, I may have quit a long time ago and retreated to my basement to only make ish for myself and loved ones because it just doesn't seem to be worth it. ITS FREE. NO ONE FORCES YOU HERE. THERE ARE OTHER THINGS IN LIFE. Please only extend words of encouragement or positive feedback, otherwise keep it to yourself.

peace,

-taj

PS> this isn't directed to jose3030 - posted in wrong place. By the way, keep them mix shows coming man.

"Don't cling to anything and don't reject anything. Let come what comes, and accomodate yourself to that, whatever it is. If good mental images arise, that is fine. If bad mental images arise, that is fi

aoxomoxoa
Charter member
2708 posts
Fri Sep-26-03 06:40 AM

23. "more notes and admissions"
In response to Reply # 0

we are working on vast improvements to the site. we don't think the way we put out news information is as good as it could be. we feel there is TONS of rooms for improvement. I'm not always happy with the news updates myself, but I understand better than anyone what goes into them. we appreciate feedback and criticism and im not saying certain points in the original post go unwarranted. i just didnt like the way this particular criticism came off. doesn't even mean i now hate alpine, it’s not really that deep and I don’t even know dude. i just felt like i should reply. i say shit i wish i could take back all the time.

Unscene
Member since Jan 22nd 2003
1562 posts
Fri Sep-26-03 07:02 AM

25. "To hell with that..."
In response to Reply # 23

Speak your mind, Dan... Room for improvements? Man, are we EVER gonna talk about this content management solution? Ha ha.

One.

Unscene

www.twoonefifth.com

"I'll take you back to Philly so you can find your Roots..." - Bumpy Knuckles

"We Philly, they really can't stop the force..." - BLACKTHOUGHT

"Chickenheads think I'm paid, guess that's why they give me dome. Shit, my dick's off the hook, they should call me Bizzy Bone." - Lonnie B

one.

unscene

www.twoonefifth.com/blog

pickled beats

bassndaplace
Charter member
11692 posts
Fri Sep-26-03 06:44 AM

24. "All bullshit aside"
In response to Reply # 0

Big Ups to Danny and all of the OKPstaff including the man (?uesto) for keeping this site alive!!!

peace!

www.scottstewartphotos.com

DawgEatah
Charter member
49225 posts
Fri Sep-26-03 12:29 PM

29. "newbies."
In response to Reply # 0

daps to the okp staff. they do much more than they need or get paid for.

Peace & Blessings.

Eat Shit.

§¤¤¤¤§¤¤¤¤§¤¤¤¤§¤¤¤¤§¤¤¤¤§¤¤¤¤§¤¤¤¤§¤¤¤¤§¤¤¤¤§¤¤¤¤§¤¤¤¤§¤¤¤¤§¤¤¤¤§¤¤¤¤§¤¤¤¤§¤¤¤¤§

God Bless the .

"I kick ass for the LORD!!!" ~Father MacGruder (Dead Alive)

"I am a nightmare walkin'/pyschopath stalkin'/Natalie Portman with a blank tape in my walkman." ~Sage Francis

§¤¤¤¤§¤¤¤¤§¤¤¤¤§¤¤¤¤§¤¤¤¤§¤¤¤¤§¤¤¤¤§¤¤¤¤§¤¤¤¤§¤¤¤¤§¤¤¤¤§¤¤¤¤§¤¤¤¤§¤¤¤¤§¤¤¤¤§¤¤¤¤§

=

OG OKP.
I don't come around as often but I check in now & then.

Sonlight
Charter member
10687 posts
Fri Sep-26-03 12:45 PM

30. "I have no complaints"
In response to Reply # 0

OKP is my life (sadly)

i love it here..

as my man Juvenile says "do what cha do"

http://musikofmymind.blogspot.com/

------------------------------------------

Nate Geezie is my least favorite OKP

massoul
Member since Jul 23rd 2002
2031 posts
Fri Sep-26-03 02:15 PM

32. "After reading all of these posts......................."
In response to Reply # 0

I've come up with an idea. I know it sounds corny but hey, I'm trying to be productive. I think that maybe the people behind the scenes should do a behind-the-scenes look at OKP. You know how B. Kyle does wonderful work following the artists? Maybe someone could do that for the site itself. Many people have a hard time believing things unless they see it, and if they saw all the work that went into keeping this site up, some may become more appreciative of it. It's just something that crossed my mind.

And are you serious about possibly charging to surf the site?

<----Queen of Late Passes
www.detgirlnyworld.com

Lobby Okayplayer News Discussion Okay Artist Archives topic #6763 Previous topic | Next topic