Printer-friendly copy Email this topic to a friend
Lobby Okayplayer News Discussion Okay Artist Archives topic #48405

Subject: "ROOTS BUS CRASHES IN EUROPE, EVERYONE OKAY" Previous topic | Next topic
gingerlynn
Member since Mar 28th 2003
405 posts
Thu Nov-20-08 12:34 PM

Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profileClick to add this author to your buddy list
"ROOTS BUS CRASHES IN EUROPE, EVERYONE OKAY"

http://www.okayplayer.com/news/ROOTS-CRASH-BUS-IN-EUROPE-EVERYONE-OK.html

This morning, as I was checking my inbox I was shocked to find an email from ?uesto detailing the horrifying tourbus crash that The Roots experienced last night in Paris. Thankfully, everyone is okay. To give you an idea about the severity of the situation, we are talking a Euro tourbus, which means a tall double-decker bus with a full lounge and bathroom on the 1st level, and all the sleeping bunks up top. I spent a few tours through Europe with The Roots sleeping up top as the bus careened through the French countryside, worrying that an accident just like this one could occur. How would we get out of the bus if it crashed? You OKP vets may remember when one of The Roots' buses crashed during the Okayplayer Tour in 2000, where again, luckily, everyone was alright. Read ?uestlove's email after the jump for the full play-by-play of last night's experience, including all the frightening details.

"I used to live life, like there was no manana
Now I'm treatin every breath, like it was "your honor"
malik b, 1999 "the spark" from things fall apart

well...since we are sitting on the side of the road. what better way to pass the time while the ambulance comes then to....blog.

--actually i spoke too soon....the above was written an hour ago. now im in a roadside motel trying to make sense of this all. the last things i remember are eating 2 pieces of cold pizza and a bowl of rice krispies and watching will ferrel's nuts dance on top of john c. riley's drumset in step brothers. because it was the ghetto bootleg barbershop version i was more or less wondering when the guy in the theater was going to say "watch....this is the good part" to me as the movie went on.

as usual i fell asleep. now normally i woulda been working overtime in preparing my dj set for my paris afterparty on friday but something actually said "meh leave it alone"--

i don't wanna get all deep like it was an omen but those that know me (look at my twit/facebook/myspace/okayplayer/blip history) know that when not onstage i am glued to my computer, doing some sort of activity like converting music or tv shows. but this was a rare occurrence in which i actually went to sleep.

next thing i knew was the most surreal feeling ever....

was i upside down?

why am i covered in cereal?

oh shit....that coffee pot is coming for my face!!!

in reality the crash was all of about 7 seconds....but to do a 360 on the highway and end up ramped up (the van that crashed into ours was UNDER our double decker bus) in the air....is....well...

a frigging miracle.

my first thought was not move a fucking inch. i always had fear that we would fall off a cliff while in high mountain traveling like denver or switzerland. i couldn't tell where gravity began and ended. i felt like i did 3000 crunches so obviously my side of the bus was now on the ground (the only way i can describe the position was imagine yourself on a bus sitting down.....now postion yourself sitting on the left side of the bus....now overturn the bus so that it tips over and falls to the right side. now on top of all that position the front of the bus to stand smack dab in the middle of the air as if a ramp was holding it up 90 degrees.

now add in my drill sgt of a tour manager keith mcphee being keith (which is basically to say no one does intensity or UBER intensity like he does. i ....was......try....ing......to.....rea....ch....my ....ipod so i can channel him out. its like every word he yelled was making this situation much worse than it was....

"......effrom you alive?!?!?!? (yes).........."frank are you alive!?!?!?".......frank?!!?!?!!?!? FRANK?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!!.......---"

it was then i realized the severe nature of the accident and i was NOT in the mood to prep myself on whether or not the remaining 12 people upstairs (i know its a dumb reference but look up the Spiceworld movie on youtube and you can see the type of double decker bus that we were traveling on. i hold court downstairs cause noone can stomach the stench of the urine induced potty in the downstairs lounge. ---after 15 mins you dont notice it all that much)---so i was holding court downstairs and the 12 of them were asleep in the bunks.

i dont do bunks and this day proves why.

i just wanted someone to calmly tell me the weight of my body was NOT going to push us down a mountainside. then i wanted assurance that the bus was NOT going to explode.

my drum tech d was the first to make sure i was okay and since the Mcpheepanic mode was setting in...the way he was asking me was rather.....panicky (thanks palin) and based on the fact that he was walking on the ceiling indeed let me know that this wasn't no fender bender i was in.....this shit might be the real deal based on how he managed to spiderman walk on the ceiling.

or....am i now on the ceiling?

and why do i have to use every stomach muscle just to sit upright?....wait.....

am i upside down?

damnit.....im upside down......lemme just shift my body to.....oh shit....just.....wait if i can just....lift this....leg to....

damn. i need something to hold on to to hoist myself up in the air. i grabbed on to the table and somehow forgetting that i am NOT smedium (riiiiiiiiiiiip!) the entire table ripped from its foundation and was now on the ceiling....which is now the floor.

this is also when i noticed that i am covered in coffee and tea and bread and about 3 bags of cereal multiple water bottles and dvds and broken glass. and....oh god....did the bathroom fluid overturn too? (yes....and YUCK)

hearing cars outside i now know that i am not going to fall down the mountain side.....were are on the highway. but i can see out the right side of window and i see trees and hills....but i hear car horns and yelling.

and where the hell is the ambulance?!?!?

keith is yelling and im begging him "please don't yell"---but keith dont know calm.....but now he got me thinking something is gonna happen is i DONT get off this bus. problem is the door that i would get out of is now the ground. and i am disillusioned and have no sense of direction. he is telling me i must make my way upstairs and crash my way through the window and escape. im yelling "where is everyone else?!?!" and i am informed that me and the driver are the only two trapped downstairs. now the problem is....im not the smallest person in the world and now i have to use uber arm strength to climb my way out of this bus and figure how to hoist myself without the aid of anything to hold on to.

hard shit indeed.

i made leeway to the stairs when it hit me that all my ID and wallet and lifeline are in my personal bag....allllllllllllllll the way on the other side of the bus. i do the contemplate should i shouldn't i ("i should" won) now it was "how?!"---

the only way i can describe it is that scene in back to the future when doc is in the clock tower and had mere seconds to connect a broken plug that will power marty mcfly's car with 1.8 jiggawatts of lightening power. and winds up using every body part to ensure this goes down the correct way. so my left arm is hoisting my body up and my right arm and left leg are.....trying ......to .....grab......within......inches....my......bag.....(accidents wind up giving you strength you never knew you had....i carried my bag with my legs while i crawled my way upstairs like i was joe the paraplegic on family guy---all the while keith is being keith

ahmir ARE YOU OK!?!?! AHMIR PLEASE SAY SOMETHING!!!!

im like....wait...am i even alive? like what if i "think" im alive when in actually im not like the movies?----the next 2 minutes proved how alive i was for i managed to crawl through spaces and holes and broken shattered glass like a contortionist blindfolded....

when i got outside.....and looked at what i crawled out of?

man.

i just couldn't believe it.

i mean....how in the hell did we experience this?

how did we manage to....man.....

dog we are soooo alive right now.

and yes we went through all that shit people go through when they go through accidents.

dazed. amazed. grateful. laughing?

of course as i type this its a whole nother story: i think the ambulance workers have caught wind of who we are (ze seed?) and there are about 20 ambulance workers and 10 cops. asking alot of questions in french (we so need tina faris right now)

as i type this we are waiting in line to get examined. (some of us have cuts and neck braces on)---keith is still at the bus trying to salvage what he can (amazingly the uhaul extension is still intact) im a ok. i called my mom and some loved ones. and i managed to twit in the ambulance with artless iphone (wanted to be the first celeb to twit from an ambulance)---i guess im just passing the time and taking advantage of the free "internets" and the worlds best bread (yes....the french bread is all that)

as for the future? if we make it to our slot on the glow in the dark tour in paris that too will be a miracle. til then just wanna let everyone know that we are happy to be alive. and not in that tv cliche way....but man......that was divine intervention. we are so grateful for this outcome.

Printer-friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote | Top

Topic Outline
Subject Author Message Date ID
RE: ROOTS BUS CRASHES IN EUROPE, EVERYONE OKAY
Nov 20th 2008
Nov 20th 2008
you guys PLEASE stay safe...
Nov 20th 2008
wow i think i remember the 2000 crash...
Nov 20th 2008
Nov 20th 2008
IS OWEN BIDDLE OKAY!?!?!?!
Nov 20th 2008
      RE: IS OWEN BIDDLE OKAY!?!?!?!
Nov 20th 2008
           Wow, didn't want to minimze the seriousness of it all
Nov 20th 2008
Thank God everyone is okay!
Nov 20th 2008
Glad to hear you guys made out okay
Nov 20th 2008
Nov 20th 2008
my family owned a motor coach company..
Nov 20th 2008
Praises! Thank God everyone's okay!
Nov 20th 2008
Glad every one is okay ...
Nov 20th 2008
oh shit, that's fucked up, glad everyone is ok
Nov 20th 2008
glad to hear all is well, even made it to the local newspapers ...
Nov 20th 2008
damn yo
Nov 20th 2008
RE: damn yo
Nov 20th 2008
      going to MC Lyte
Nov 21st 2008
           RE: going to MC Lyte
Nov 21st 2008
                at the Melkweg (Milky Way) --check the link in here...
Nov 21st 2008
glad everyone is ok
Nov 20th 2008
Nov 20th 2008
Nov 20th 2008
Nov 21st 2008
Scary
Nov 21st 2008
Nov 21st 2008
So happy you're all safe.
Nov 21st 2008
Fuck! You shocked me right now!!!!!
Nov 21st 2008
thank God everyone's alright
Nov 21st 2008
god bless ya'll
Nov 22nd 2008
damn. i am glad you guys are ok.
Nov 25th 2008
Damn
Nov 26th 2008

mdynamite
Member since Jan 19th 2004
61 posts
Thu Nov-20-08 12:42 PM

Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profileClick to add this author to your buddy list
1. "RE: ROOTS BUS CRASHES IN EUROPE, EVERYONE OKAY"
In response to Reply # 0

What a scary thing to experience. I am so glad everyone is OK.

Mitchell Dynamite

Tiggerific
Member since May 24th 2007
13451 posts
Thu Nov-20-08 01:00 PM

2. "RE: ROOTS BUS CRASHES IN EUROPE, EVERYONE OKAY"
In response to Reply # 0

Thanks for letting us know. And, thank GOD everyone is okay. That's such a scary thing to experience.

"We don't make mistakes, we just have happy little accidents" - Bob Ross

"I'm wearing a MSU Tshirt because I went to MSU, you are wearing a UM Tshirt because you went to Walmart!" -unknown.

http://bjsquirrelchronicles.blogspot.com

Natural Mystic
Charter member

3. "you guys PLEASE stay safe..."
In response to Reply # 0

roamr1
Charter member
18832 posts
Thu Nov-20-08 01:44 PM

4. "wow i think i remember the 2000 crash..."
In response to Reply # 0
Thu Nov-20-08 01:46 PM by roamr1

it was round the time is started coming round okp...was that w/ kast?

glad everyone is ok.

desmondo66
Member since Jul 21st 2005
401 posts
Thu Nov-20-08 02:00 PM

5. "RE: ROOTS BUS CRASHES IN EUROPE, EVERYONE OKAY"
In response to Reply # 0

So glad everyone is OK - stay safe guys

Cheers

Richard

www.thelonius.co.uk

rainbowchild
Charter member
1286 posts
Thu Nov-20-08 02:18 PM

6. "IS OWEN BIDDLE OKAY!?!?!?!"
In response to Reply # 5

THOSE OTHER GUYS ARE REPLACEABLE

J/K'S (JOKES)

Owen
Member since Feb 20th 2005
35 posts
Thu Nov-20-08 07:16 PM

18. "RE: IS OWEN BIDDLE OKAY!?!?!?!"
In response to Reply # 6

All joking aside, I'm very, very grateful to be alive right now, and a part of me would have died if anyone on that bus got seriously hurt or worse.

I had also just been downstairs watching Step Brothers, but had gone upstairs to my bunk for some real horizontal sleep™. I didn't get much in before the crashing started. It just kept intensifying, and didn't seem like it would end on a good note. But finally with left being down, right being up, Artless (our front of house engineer) being mysteriously embedded inside the floor (which was actually his bunk opposite mine), and the whole surprise of being alive; which still seemed up for debate, there we were.

rainbowchild
Charter member
1286 posts
Thu Nov-20-08 10:19 PM

20. "Wow, didn't want to minimze the seriousness of it all"
In response to Reply # 18

I'm glad THE WHOLE Roots organization survived the ordeal.

Just imagine, had the misfortune occured earlier on you'll's flight instead, as you'll more than likely got to Europe by plane, then went about bussing it to your gig, the news would've been really devastating.

The odds of surviving a bus crash seem much higher than surviving a plane crash. (unless your name really is Travis Barker)

It's wonderful that ya'll can keep some semblance of a sense of humor about it (the blog) as i'd imagine that Jimmy Fallon has jokes already held in abeyance for ya'll.

BrklynzFinestPR
Member since Jan 18th 2005
1517 posts
Thu Nov-20-08 02:20 PM

Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profileClick to add this author to your buddy list
7. "Thank God everyone is okay!"
In response to Reply # 0

I can't even begin to imagine how I would respond in such a situation, that's just too crazy.

<----------------------------------------
"Consider me the entity within the industry without a history of spittin the epitomy of stupidity!" - Talib Kweli
http://www.takotron.com/news/2006/mets_cap.jpg

josephmurf2384
Member since Nov 21st 2005
5289 posts
Thu Nov-20-08 02:49 PM

8. "Glad to hear you guys made out okay"
In response to Reply # 0

Hope you have safe travels the rest of the way.

BrownWonda
Member since Apr 26th 2008
150 posts
Thu Nov-20-08 03:23 PM

9. "RE: ROOTS BUS CRASHES IN EUROPE, EVERYONE OKAY"
In response to Reply # 0

shit man, i once took a bus tour thru switzerland with fam, and i was scared as shit that we were guna fall down the side of the mountain cuz they dont have rails or shit on them roads
plus our driver was a complete maniac

www.twitter.com/brownwonda
www.youtube.com/brownwonda <---first beat vid!

Clark Kent
Member since Feb 06th 2003
4379 posts
Thu Nov-20-08 03:25 PM

10. "my family owned a motor coach company.."
In response to Reply # 0

1. I would not want to fall out of those bunks...cause you're prob gonna hit the ones on the other side get fucked up on some formica

2. the toilet shit went all over the place? that lovely blue tinted with piss yellow and shit brown...DISGUSTING

glad they're ok.

NICE TRY KOWALSKI

In Rotation-
quality music all the time.

Wordman
Member since Apr 11th 2003
11224 posts
Thu Nov-20-08 04:02 PM

11. "Praises! Thank God everyone's okay!"
In response to Reply # 0

Whew! 'Tween Jimmy Fallon and this, man I tell ya...

"Your current frequencies of understanding outweigh that which has been given for you to understand." Saul Williams

QBoogie
Member since Jun 05th 2002
5885 posts
Thu Nov-20-08 04:15 PM

12. "Glad every one is okay ..."
In response to Reply # 0

jzilla
Member since Oct 16th 2005
162 posts
Thu Nov-20-08 04:29 PM

13. "oh shit, that's fucked up, glad everyone is ok"
In response to Reply # 0

nm

krewcial
Charter member
3268 posts
Thu Nov-20-08 04:47 PM

14. "glad to hear all is well, even made it to the local newspapers ..."
In response to Reply # 0

the crash took place in Belgium, there's more pics and info (in Dutch) here :

http://www.demorgen.be/dm/nl/1007/Muziek/article/detail/496182/2008/11/20/Hiphoppers-The-Roots-betrokken-bij-ongeval-Wallonie.dhtml

krewcial
www.krewcial.com
www.myspace.com/krewcial
www.okayplayer.com/cgi-bin/dcforum/dcboard.cgi?az=show_thread&om=23051&forum=lesson

http://www.23hq.com/krewcial/photo/1085564?album_id=1085556

Nashville recording sessions : www.krewcial.com/nashville

e_money
Member since Oct 26th 2008
921 posts
Thu Nov-20-08 04:51 PM

Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profileClick to add this author to your buddy listClick to send message via AOL IM
15. "damn yo"
In response to Reply # 0

most important thing is evey1 okay.

side note- how sick would that have been in the states for the roots to have been one of the openers at GITD

Skillz
Member since Jun 05th 2003
576 posts
Thu Nov-20-08 06:29 PM

Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profileClick to add this author to your buddy list
17. "RE: damn yo"
In response to Reply # 15

glad to hear everyone is okay. Im in Amsterdam, been here 8 hours. just woke up. Hit me on the email Ahmir. Wow. Im speechless. god is good.

Yeah I got dreams...and all of em are in my backpack.

krewcial
Charter member
3268 posts
Fri Nov-21-08 07:05 AM

23. "going to MC Lyte"
In response to Reply # 17

hey Skillz, checking the MC Lyte show tomorrow night ?

krewcial
www.krewcial.com
www.myspace.com/krewcial
www.okayplayer.com/cgi-bin/dcforum/dcboard.cgi?az=show_thread&om=23051&forum=lesson

http://www.23hq.com/krewcial/photo/1085564?album_id=1085556

Nashville recording sessions : www.krewcial.com/nashville

Skillz
Member since Jun 05th 2003
576 posts
Fri Nov-21-08 01:10 PM

26. "RE: going to MC Lyte"
In response to Reply # 23

Where?

Yeah I got dreams...and all of em are in my backpack.

jesustrauss
Member since Jul 20th 2006
1839 posts
Fri Nov-21-08 01:28 PM

27. "at the Melkweg (Milky Way) --check the link in here..."
In response to Reply # 26

http://www.melkweg.nl/artikelpagina.jsp?language=nederlands&batchno=1&offset=0&artikelid=106538&disciplineid=muziek&agendaitemid=106537

and if you happen to be able to get an extra +1, it would be MUCH appreciated...!

and where are you at while you're here?

NAffy5488
Member since May 09th 2007
1459 posts
Thu Nov-20-08 06:29 PM

Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profileClick to add this author to your buddy listClick to send message via AOL IM
16. "glad everyone is ok"
In response to Reply # 0

that's some scary stuff

Play me for a stepping stone
Then, I landmine
-Wale-

wally
Charter member
258 posts
Thu Nov-20-08 09:49 PM

19. "RE: ROOTS BUS CRASHES IN EUROPE, EVERYONE OKAY"
In response to Reply # 0

thank goodness...cashed in some of that good karma

iif it was me, i'd go on vacation to chill...
but i'm sure you're going right back to work
be safe

asw

Fonetic
Member since May 03rd 2006
5 posts
Thu Nov-20-08 11:28 PM

21. "RE: ROOTS BUS CRASHES IN EUROPE, EVERYONE OKAY"
In response to Reply # 0

Good...Glad...I'm trying to find some stronger words.

Jeremywww
Charter member
815 posts
Fri Nov-21-08 02:46 AM

22. "RE: ROOTS BUS CRASHES IN EUROPE, EVERYONE OKAY"
In response to Reply # 0

This reminds me of The Coup crash. Glad everyone is OK!

makaveli
Charter member
16303 posts
Fri Nov-21-08 12:11 PM

24. "Scary"
In response to Reply # 22

glad you guys are all okay, thank God.

“So back we go to these questions — friendship, character… ethics.â€

Superwit
Charter member
257 posts
Fri Nov-21-08 01:03 PM

25. "RE: ROOTS BUS CRASHES IN EUROPE, EVERYONE OKAY"
In response to Reply # 0

>http://www.okayplayer.com/news/ROOTS-CRASH-BUS-IN-EUROPE-EVERYONE-OK.html
>
>This morning, as I was checking my inbox I was shocked to find
>an email from ?uesto detailing the horrifying tourbus crash
>that The Roots experienced last night in Paris. Thankfully,
>everyone is okay. To give you an idea about the severity of
>the situation, we are talking a Euro tourbus, which means a
>tall double-decker bus with a full lounge and bathroom on the
>1st level, and all the sleeping bunks up top. I spent a few
>tours through Europe with The Roots sleeping up top as the bus
>careened through the French countryside, worrying that an
>accident just like this one could occur. How would we get out
>of the bus if it crashed? You OKP vets may remember when one
>of The Roots' buses crashed during the Okayplayer Tour in
>2000, where again, luckily, everyone was alright. Read
>?uestlove's email after the jump for the full play-by-play of
>last night's experience, including all the frightening
>details.
>
>"I used to live life, like there was no manana
>Now I'm treatin every breath, like it was "your honor"
>malik b, 1999 "the spark" from things fall apart
>
>
>well...since we are sitting on the side of the road. what
>better way to pass the time while the ambulance comes then
>to....blog.
>
>--actually i spoke too soon....the above was written an hour
>ago. now im in a roadside motel trying to make sense of this
>all. the last things i remember are eating 2 pieces of cold
>pizza and a bowl of rice krispies and watching will ferrel's
>nuts dance on top of john c. riley's drumset in step brothers.
>because it was the ghetto bootleg barbershop version i was
>more or less wondering when the guy in the theater was going
>to say "watch....this is the good part" to me as the movie
>went on.
>
>as usual i fell asleep. now normally i woulda been working
>overtime in preparing my dj set for my paris afterparty on
>friday but something actually said "meh leave it alone"--
>
>i don't wanna get all deep like it was an omen but those that
>know me (look at my twit/facebook/myspace/okayplayer/blip
>history) know that when not onstage i am glued to my computer,
>doing some sort of activity like converting music or tv shows.
>but this was a rare occurrence in which i actually went to
>sleep.
>
>
>next thing i knew was the most surreal feeling ever....
>
>was i upside down?
>
>why am i covered in cereal?
>
>oh shit....that coffee pot is coming for my face!!!
>
>in reality the crash was all of about 7 seconds....but to do a
>360 on the highway and end up ramped up (the van that crashed
>into ours was UNDER our double decker bus) in the
>air....is....well...
>
>a frigging miracle.
>
>my first thought was not move a fucking inch. i always had
>fear that we would fall off a cliff while in high mountain
>traveling like denver or switzerland. i couldn't tell where
>gravity began and ended. i felt like i did 3000 crunches so
>obviously my side of the bus was now on the ground (the only
>way i can describe the position was imagine yourself on a bus
>sitting down.....now postion yourself sitting on the left side
>of the bus....now overturn the bus so that it tips over and
>falls to the right side. now on top of all that position the
>front of the bus to stand smack dab in the middle of the air
>as if a ramp was holding it up 90 degrees.
>
>now add in my drill sgt of a tour manager keith mcphee being
>keith (which is basically to say no one does intensity or UBER
>intensity like he does. i
>....was......try....ing......to.....rea....ch....my ....ipod
>so i can channel him out. its like every word he yelled was
>making this situation much worse than it was....
>
>
>"......effrom you alive?!?!?!? (yes).........."frank are you
>alive!?!?!?".......frank?!!?!?!!?!?
>FRANK?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!!.......---"
>
>it was then i realized the severe nature of the accident and i
>was NOT in the mood to prep myself on whether or not the
>remaining 12 people upstairs (i know its a dumb reference but
>look up the Spiceworld movie on youtube and you can see the
>type of double decker bus that we were traveling on. i hold
>court downstairs cause noone can stomach the stench of the
>urine induced potty in the downstairs lounge. ---after 15 mins
>you dont notice it all that much)---so i was holding court
>downstairs and the 12 of them were asleep in the bunks.
>
>
>i dont do bunks and this day proves why.
>
>i just wanted someone to calmly tell me the weight of my body
>was NOT going to push us down a mountainside. then i wanted
>assurance that the bus was NOT going to explode.
>
>my drum tech d was the first to make sure i was okay and since
>the Mcpheepanic mode was setting in...the way he was asking me
>was rather.....panicky (thanks palin) and based on the fact
>that he was walking on the ceiling indeed let me know that
>this wasn't no fender bender i was in.....this shit might be
>the real deal based on how he managed to spiderman walk on the
>ceiling.
>
>or....am i now on the ceiling?
>
>
>and why do i have to use every stomach muscle just to sit
>upright?....wait.....
>
>am i upside down?
>
>damnit.....im upside down......lemme just shift my body
>to.....oh shit....just.....wait if i can just....lift
>this....leg to....
>
>damn. i need something to hold on to to hoist myself up in the
>air. i grabbed on to the table and somehow forgetting that i
>am NOT smedium (riiiiiiiiiiiip!) the entire table ripped from
>its foundation and was now on the ceiling....which is now the
>floor.
>
>
>
>this is also when i noticed that i am covered in coffee and
>tea and bread and about 3 bags of cereal multiple water
>bottles and dvds and broken glass. and....oh god....did the
>bathroom fluid overturn too? (yes....and YUCK)
>
>
>hearing cars outside i now know that i am not going to fall
>down the mountain side.....were are on the highway. but i can
>see out the right side of window and i see trees and
>hills....but i hear car horns and yelling.
>
>and where the hell is the ambulance?!?!?
>
>keith is yelling and im begging him "please don't yell"---but
>keith dont know calm.....but now he got me thinking something
>is gonna happen is i DONT get off this bus. problem is the
>door that i would get out of is now the ground. and i am
>disillusioned and have no sense of direction. he is telling me
>i must make my way upstairs and crash my way through the
>window and escape. im yelling "where is everyone else?!?!" and
>i am informed that me and the driver are the only two trapped
>downstairs. now the problem is....im not the smallest person
>in the world and now i have to use uber arm strength to climb
>my way out of this bus and figure how to hoist myself without
>the aid of anything to hold on to.
>
>
>hard shit indeed.
>
>
>i made leeway to the stairs when it hit me that all my ID and
>wallet and lifeline are in my personal
>bag....allllllllllllllll the way on the other side of the bus.
>i do the contemplate should i shouldn't i ("i should" won) now
>it was "how?!"---
>
>the only way i can describe it is that scene in back to the
>future when doc is in the clock tower and had mere seconds to
>connect a broken plug that will power marty mcfly's car with
>1.8 jiggawatts of lightening power. and winds up using every
>body part to ensure this goes down the correct way. so my left
>arm is hoisting my body up and my right arm and left leg
>are.....trying ......to
>.....grab......within......inches....my......bag.....(accidents
>wind up giving you strength you never knew you had....i
>carried my bag with my legs while i crawled my way upstairs
>like i was joe the paraplegic on family guy---all the while
>keith is being keith
>
>ahmir ARE YOU OK!?!?! AHMIR PLEASE SAY SOMETHING!!!!
>
>
>im like....wait...am i even alive? like what if i "think" im
>alive when in actually im not like the movies?----the next 2
>minutes proved how alive i was for i managed to crawl through
>spaces and holes and broken shattered glass like a
>contortionist blindfolded....
>
>
>when i got outside.....and looked at what i crawled out of?
>
>
>man.
>
>
>i just couldn't believe it.
>
>
>i mean....how in the hell did we experience this?
>
>
>how did we manage to....man.....
>
>dog we are soooo alive right now.
>
>
>and yes we went through all that shit people go through when
>they go through accidents.
>
>dazed. amazed. grateful. laughing?
>
>of course as i type this its a whole nother story: i think the
>ambulance workers have caught wind of who we are (ze seed?)
>and there are about 20 ambulance workers and 10 cops. asking
>alot of questions in french (we so need tina faris right now)
>
>as i type this we are waiting in line to get examined. (some
>of us have cuts and neck braces on)---keith is still at the
>bus trying to salvage what he can (amazingly the uhaul
>extension is still intact) im a ok. i called my mom and some
>loved ones. and i managed to twit in the ambulance with
>artless iphone (wanted to be the first celeb to twit from an
>ambulance)---i guess im just passing the time and taking
>advantage of the free "internets" and the worlds best bread
>(yes....the french bread is all that)
>
>as for the future? if we make it to our slot on the glow in
>the dark tour in paris that too will be a miracle. til then
>just wanna let everyone know that we are happy to be alive.
>and not in that tv cliche way....but man......that was divine
>intervention. we are so grateful for this outcome.
>

SOOOOOO happy everyone is fine - My heart skipped a beat when I read the headline........

jesustrauss
Member since Jul 20th 2006
1839 posts
Fri Nov-21-08 02:04 PM

28. "So happy you're all safe."
In response to Reply # 0

I hope you're able to get through it...
...seems like the end of touring comes at a good time.

good luck!!!

High Chief
Member since Jul 13th 2003
1039 posts
Fri Nov-21-08 08:52 PM

29. "Fuck! You shocked me right now!!!!!"
In response to Reply # 0

It's 3 o'clock at night and I'm shocked!

I hope you guys aight!?!?!?!?!

Bismillah.

…………………………………
http://elsalawi.de
twitter.com/asaadelsalawi
Information Design

Dhernsol
Member since Jul 24th 2006
193 posts
Fri Nov-21-08 10:12 PM

30. "thank God everyone's alright"
In response to Reply # 0

glad to hear that you're all okay

livein76
Member since Jun 24th 2008
656 posts
Sat Nov-22-08 03:08 PM

31. "god bless ya'll"
In response to Reply # 30

good to hear you guys are ok..

I want to talk to Jesus, my mama, and Marvin Gaye when I get to heaven.

tonywashington
Charter member
23582 posts
Tue Nov-25-08 05:25 PM

32. "damn. i am glad you guys are ok."
In response to Reply # 0

just getting back from a trip and saw this at the bottom of Okayartist.

-T
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
"rick ross got old african woman swag" (c)nayaa

VaTechStep
Member since Jun 10th 2008
11 posts
Wed Nov-26-08 03:29 AM

33. "Damn"
In response to Reply # 0

Hope everyone involved heals fast. Any wreck is terrible and I'm just glad to hear the crew came out aight. I do hear the commute to the Late Night studio isn't so dangerous, though.

Lobby Okayplayer News Discussion Okay Artist Archives topic #48405 Previous topic | Next topic