Printer-friendly copy Email this topic to a friend
Lobby Okayplayer News Discussion Okay Artist Archives topic #45101

Subject: "Black Thought and Common receive Honorable Mention on MTV! (swipe)" Previous topic | Next topic
gingerlynn
Member since Mar 28th 2003
405 posts
Thu Apr-13-06 01:23 AM

Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profileClick to add this author to your buddy list
"Black Thought and Common receive Honorable Mention on MTV! (swipe)"

Honorable Mentions

The toughest thing about choosing a top-10 list of the greatest MCs of all time is: There are only 10 spots. So many MCs have struck a chord with us over the years. If MC really means to "move the crowd," like Rakim said, then Busta Rhymes defines that by being arguably hip-hop's best live performer. DMX brought rap back to the streets in the late '90s and has had five consecutive #1 debuts on the Billboard albums chart (a feat no other artist in any genre has accomplished). Method Man's flow is ridiculous; for that matter, so is Twista's. MC Lyte was so hard and had a voice unlike no other, Big L was a lyricist's lyricist, Redman's metaphors are as sick as they come, while Mos Def and Q-Tip are both conscious and fly.

Again, we can only fit 10 names into 10 slots. But that doesn't mean we haven't been touched over the years by many others. In alphabetical order, here is a list of our honorable mentions.

Andre 3000
When you think of Dre, the first thing that comes to mind is creativity. Some argue that Dre and Big Boi are the best rap group ever, or at least the most consistent. And although his half of Outkast's most recent LP, The Love Below, mostly found him singing, his career as a rapper is extraordinary, largely because his thinking has always been so out-of-the-box. But no matter how high into the stratosphere Dre navigates, he's never had his head so far in the clouds to miss what's going on in the streets.

Big Pun
Like Biggie and Pac, there's no telling how far Big Pun would have gone if he'd lived. He was a proud Puerto Rican and represented the Latino culture with grace, but Pun definitely transcended all racial barriers. He possessed all of the qualities to make him one the best: a mastery of melody, a unique flow, a recognizable voice, humor, and lyrics so strong that other MCs are still losing sleep.

Black Thought
Thought and the Roots have made heralded records and won Grammys, but the place where this MC really excels is onstage. The Roots perform hundreds of shows a year, and yet it seems like no one is the same. The band's lead MC can go off the top of the dome with the best, flip one of his records so it sounds nothing like the album version, and even rap somebody else's lyrics — like Big Daddy Kane's — in such a fresh fashion that no one could ever accuse him of biting.

Common
Midwest, stand up! When a lot of MCs were using gimmicks to get on in the early '90s, Com carved his niche by being exactly what he's been for the past 14 years: the quintessential b-boy. Some fans may not have always agreed with his fashion choices, but no one can dispute his potency on the mic. He compared his love for hip-hop to the love in a relationship between boyfriend and girlfriend, he brought tears to our eyes as he rapped about abortion, and even had the audacity to battle Ice Cube. The Chicago native may not have had multiplatinum record sales — at least, not yet — but quiet as kept, he's got some classic LPs in the catalog.

Ghostface
Even if he'd never dropped a solo LP, Tony Stark would have cemented his status as a hip-hop legend by virtue of his contributions to one of the greatest groups of all-time, the Wu-Tang Clan. Happily, Ghost has blossomed into one of the more refreshing MCs of the past decade. You never know where he's going to take you in his raps: He can go from rhymes about Scooby-Doo to ones about picking roaches out the cereal box as a kid, from lyrics about robbing a cocaine stash-house to outlandish slang and deliciously nonsensical phrases. Ironman has also picked up where Slick Rick left off, with a brazenly indiscrete sartorial sensibility.

Lauryn Hill
L. Boogie could have very well made the top 10 if she hadn't stopped rapping after her classic 1998 LP, The Miseducation of Lauryn Hill. Lauryn didn't rely on overt sexuality to get her point across: Her weapons of choice were conscious content and abstract metaphors that are just as lethal as anything in the arsenals of her testosterone-bearing counterparts. And we won't even mention how much her singing voice puts most R&B artists to shame.

Kool G Rap
G Rap is a hip-hop godfather: There are plenty of MCs who might never have been heard if G Rap hadn't paved the way. He brought the New York underbelly to the forefront with his cinematic crime-don sagas and hood-warrior narratives.

Scarface
The pain, the paranoia, the pride — and the most powerful voice ever to emanate from the South. In the late '80s and early '90s, 'Face proved that our neighbors Down Bottom are just as adroit with lyricism as any other region. Throughout the years, he's firmly stood the test of time and is rightfully as respected as any MC in rap — he very nearly made the top 10.

Slick Rick
The former MC Ricky D's ostentatious fashion style was just as integral to his persona as his debonair English accent and his masterful storytelling. In his prime, Rick made some of the greatest hip-hop songs ever: More than 20 years after their release, "La-Di-Da-Di," "Children's Story" "Mona Lisa" and "The Show" can still rock any party or concert.

Snoop Dogg
Snoop had attained legendary status even before the release of his first album, 1993's Doggystyle — at the time, it was the most anticipated hip-hop album in history, and it helped revitalize the West Coast. On and off the mic, Snoop has given us as much swagger as we've ever seen come from one individual. His laid-back flow has proven to be timeless, and his charisma transcends all categorization: How else can you explain his transformation from one of the most feared rappers into a beloved household name who can successfully peddle everything from cars to clothes — and still yell out his gang affiliation and proudly proclaim himself to be a pimp?

http://www.mtv.com/bands/h/hip_hop_week/2006/emcees/index10.jhtml
http://www.mtv.com/bands/h/hip_hop_week/2006/emcees

Printer-friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote | Top

Topic Outline
Subject Author Message Date ID
RE: Black Thought and Common receive Honorable Mention on MTV! (swipe)
Apr 13th 2006
Apr 13th 2006
One more of my honorable mentions = Pharoahe
Apr 13th 2006
Apr 13th 2006
MTV! (swipe)
Apr 13th 2006
cosign on that
Apr 13th 2006
Apr 13th 2006
so im sayin...
Apr 13th 2006
Apr 13th 2006
i know right?
Apr 13th 2006
      it's a business decision
Apr 13th 2006
           i understand all that
Apr 14th 2006
pac n chuck d #1 and 2?
Apr 13th 2006
no they'll have jayz and pac but
Apr 13th 2006
RE: no they'll have jayz and pac but
Apr 13th 2006
hmm 2 spots for 3 people
Apr 13th 2006
      Pretty well done...
Apr 13th 2006
Apr 13th 2006
You're reading into this too much.
Apr 13th 2006
WTF Lauren Hill??
Apr 13th 2006
Sweet!
Apr 13th 2006
Apr 13th 2006
8. Ice Cube
Apr 13th 2006
BOOYAKA!
Apr 13th 2006
dre is not in the top ten fuck this list
Apr 13th 2006
No respect...
Apr 13th 2006
Apr 13th 2006
'some bullshit.
Apr 13th 2006
truly...
Apr 13th 2006
      RE: truly...
Apr 14th 2006
Apr 14th 2006
FK....2pac!!!
Apr 14th 2006
This list
Apr 14th 2006
with much respect
Apr 14th 2006
Are you f'kin serious?!?!?!
Apr 14th 2006
stop backpacking shit,
Apr 14th 2006
RE: MTV
Apr 14th 2006
RE: stop backpacking shit,
Apr 15th 2006
2pac had simple lyrics? wtf are you smoking?
Apr 14th 2006
Common was Eminem's co-signer... suck on that OKPhaters
Apr 14th 2006
RE: Common was Eminem's co-signer... suck on that OKPhaters
Apr 15th 2006
Apr 15th 2006

Origin05
Member since Mar 24th 2005
13301 posts
Thu Apr-13-06 01:40 AM

Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profileClick to add this author to your buddy list
1. "RE: Black Thought and Common receive Honorable Mention on MTV! (swipe)"
In response to Reply # 0

I hate top 10 lists..

Lauryn/Thought/Kool G/Common/Slick/Ghostface...

top par

http://www.twitter.com/LipstikActivist
Tweet Me.
http://thelipstikactivist.tumblr.com/
Tumbl Me. (rawr)

fowler
Member since Apr 06th 2004
871 posts
Thu Apr-13-06 08:05 AM

Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profileClick to add this author to your buddy list
2. "RE: Black Thought and Common receive Honorable Mention on MTV! (swipe)"
In response to Reply # 0

good to see blackthought and common getting some love.

Certainly 2 of my favourite MCs

Lach
Charter member
44326 posts
Thu Apr-13-06 10:28 AM

3. "One more of my honorable mentions = Pharoahe"
In response to Reply # 0

Too bad he hasn't made an album in 7 years. But his flow is as sick as anyone's including the above mentioned.

Davey-boywonder
Member since Mar 31st 2006
20 posts
Thu Apr-13-06 10:51 AM

4. "RE: Black Thought and Common receive Honorable Mention on MTV! (swipe)"
In response to Reply # 0

You know I was actually agreeing with MTV with every artist until I saw Snoop's name on there. To be an MC is truly a title that many rappers take for granted....I could never put Snoop and MC in the same category.. Sorry.

Oh yeah, and I know Little Brother hasn't been out for more than five years, but..............Phontae's name definitely deserves to be on that list.

"What you are shouts so loudly in my ears I cannot hear what you say"
Ralph W. Emerson

EyE C
Member since Mar 25th 2005
10479 posts
Thu Apr-13-06 11:13 AM

Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profileClick to add this author to your buddy listClick to send message via AOL IM
5. " MTV! (swipe)"
In response to Reply # 4

why do they always have Biggie and Pac in the top 3 every time? it's like they have stock in every time they give them props as the greatest.

---------------------------------------------
Leather In The Summer.
Silk In The Winter.

Twice upon a time,
there was a boy who died...
And lived happily ever after...

But that's another chapter...

kdarkwa
Member since Apr 08th 2005
60 posts
Thu Apr-13-06 11:22 AM

Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profileClick to add this author to your buddy listClick to send message via AOL IM
6. "cosign on that"
In response to Reply # 5

just b/c these brothers got shot, everyone wantst to catapult them to the top...................at best each i would give these guys #6.

Askin' if I'm nice is like fuckin' with a chick
Who don't give head - that's a no-brainer!!!!
-Talib Kweli

http://www.myspace.com/kofid

Vic Grymes
Member since Apr 13th 2006
82 posts
Thu Apr-13-06 12:48 PM

Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profileClick to add this author to your buddy listClick to send message via AOL IM
14. "RE: Black Thought and Common receive Honorable Mention on MTV! (swipe)"
In response to Reply # 4

Im a Little Brother fan myself, and i would say that Phonte's better than Big Pooh most of the time, but... honorable mention? not yet in my opinion

Watch Flaco get it larger than y'all

cHarlie_maTic
Member since Apr 12th 2005
850 posts
Thu Apr-13-06 11:42 AM

7. "so im sayin..."
In response to Reply # 0

they didnt show the top 2 on their all time list..

jay-z & pac maybe? and if so, in what order?

http://www.twitter.com/citY_kiD

my music.. you could fight fuck or dream to it.. © common

musikluva
Member since Jul 21st 2003
1845 posts
Thu Apr-13-06 11:47 AM

8. "RE: Black Thought and Common receive Honorable Mention on MTV! (swipe)"
In response to Reply # 0

wow, this came from mtv?...i guess all they really don't like the garbage they play on their station. what a relief!

Today is the tomorrow you worried about yesterday.
Tomorrow actually happend today but you planned for it yesterday.
Yesterday will soon be tomorrow so live your life today.
-Los

rick
Charter member
3696 posts
Thu Apr-13-06 12:23 PM

11. "i know right?"
In response to Reply # 8

it's even more of a slap in the face for not playing their videos. like, "we know you're dope, but 50 cent shows off his new back muscle quite nicely in "imma beat a bitch down!" so we're placing that on heavy rotation, and we're not going to play your videos ever. oh would you mind being the house band for bow wow on unplugged? thanks, ?uesto, you're a peach!"

rick

rose113
Member since Jun 30th 2005
895 posts
Thu Apr-13-06 07:05 PM

23. "it's a business decision"
In response to Reply # 11

there's still a lot of legal "payola" stuff that goes on where the record companies offer free giveaways, and other things in order to get more airplay...usually all the decisions are made by the guys at the top of the conglomerate so they might not know who 50 Cent is or the Roots but they have more incentive because 50's company is giving them stuff (or they are both owned by the same company). What MTV plays probably has very little to do with the actual artist they play what gets them more money.

rick
Charter member
3696 posts
Fri Apr-14-06 06:16 PM

37. "i understand all that"
In response to Reply # 23

and it's a valid point. i do feel like the big music networks could allocate some time to exposing lesser known artists. one of my favorite examples was when prince was on trl (a few years ago), carson daly praised his music as not "expendable", like a lot of other stuff out.

prince clowned him by saying "you wouldn't know anything about that carson, huh? cuz you guys dont play that kind of stuff, right?"

to which carson sadly defended himself with "well, we just play what people like."

this is what bothers me, why can't they just be honest about that shit. why do they bother making lists announcing the 20 greates emcees of all time, as if this organization that sells its airtime to any artist who's label has money has any right to perpetrate as if it were an intelligent music critic.

rick

andrizzle
Member since Nov 30th 2004
783 posts
Thu Apr-13-06 11:48 AM

9. "pac n chuck d #1 and 2?"
In response to Reply # 0

andrewX
Member since Sep 13th 2005
4477 posts
Thu Apr-13-06 12:01 PM

10. "no they'll have jayz and pac but"
In response to Reply # 9

chuck should definately be there.

the list is better than i thought it'd be but still typical in a couple of spots...

Davey-boywonder
Member since Mar 31st 2006
20 posts
Thu Apr-13-06 12:24 PM

12. "RE: no they'll have jayz and pac but"
In response to Reply # 10

I thought this was just the honorable mention category. We havent gotten into the top ten yet. ( I hope)

"What you are shouts so loudly in my ears I cannot hear what you say"
Ralph W. Emerson

skeet skeet
Member since Oct 06th 2005
394 posts
Thu Apr-13-06 12:25 PM

Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profileClick to add this author to your buddy list
13. "hmm 2 spots for 3 people"
In response to Reply # 9

seems like it will be Pac and Jay Z. How are they not gonna include Chuck D?

micsource
Member since Aug 20th 2002
156 posts
Thu Apr-13-06 02:58 PM

15. "Pretty well done..."
In response to Reply # 13

One of the better lists I have seen...

B Dun
Member since Dec 06th 2005
12 posts
Thu Apr-13-06 03:22 PM

16. "RE: Black Thought and Common receive Honorable Mention on MTV! (swipe)"
In response to Reply # 0

Just for argument sake . . .

Two of the most under rated MCs of all time in my opinion are Chuck D and Treach (Naughty by Nature). The consistency of the subject material that was dropped by Chuck D was enough to put him on any list. His powerful voice was an amazingly strong influnce on almost anyone in the game today. Don't get it twisted, there are many cats who are crazy creative, however the syncopation that was delievered by Treach was truly mind boggeling. I realize that he nor naughty have consistently put out album after album. But as far as MCs goes, he's sick.

"I had a ghetto boy boppa Jay-z boycott, cause he said that he never prayed to God he prayed to goddy. I'm thinkin golly God guard me from the ungodly ."

prophet j
Member since Aug 22nd 2002
10109 posts
Thu Apr-13-06 06:18 PM

21. "You're reading into this too much."
In response to Reply # 16

This is MTV. The fact that they gave talented rappers any of the respect that they deserve at all is a shock. Bask in a little bit of the glory.

ehjay
Member since Jun 09th 2003
735 posts
Thu Apr-13-06 05:30 PM

17. "WTF Lauren Hill??"
In response to Reply # 0

1 album of note and a couple of ok/good Fugees records...

No disrespect to Hill, but that doesn't warrant mention on a Greatest of All Time list.

----------------------------------------------------------
what's the talk of the sophomore jinx?

BarTek
Member since Nov 10th 2002
51250 posts
Thu Apr-13-06 05:37 PM

18. "Sweet!"
In response to Reply # 0

@}-,-`-

He looks determined without being ruthless
Something heroic in this man, there's a courage about him
Doesn't look like a killer
Comes across so calm, acts like he has a dream
Full of passion

StabMastaArson
Charter member
1266 posts
Thu Apr-13-06 05:51 PM

19. "RE: Black Thought and Common receive Honorable Mention on MTV! (swipe)"
In response to Reply # 0

no Biggie, Jay-Z, or Nas

wtf

"lurking in the boards since 99"

dj_blah
Member since May 09th 2003
809 posts
Thu Apr-13-06 06:04 PM

20. "8. Ice Cube"
In response to Reply # 0

Is it just me or should Ice Cube only be mentioned in the greatest 100 MC of all time. Ice Cube is not deserving of that title. Lyrically he's mediocre and his work in the last 8 years should null and void any greatest mc's talks involving him

___________________________________________________________________________________
"John Wayne couldn't even stand the rain of the tek, and the tek be like dilla in the deck is lethal" - J dilla

www.twitter.com/djblah1983
www.soundcloud.com/djblah1983

sweeneykovar
Member since Oct 26th 2004
10122 posts
Thu Apr-13-06 06:37 PM

22. "BOOYAKA!"
In response to Reply # 20

Menphyel7
Charter member
36436 posts
Thu Apr-13-06 09:51 PM

Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profileClick to add this author to your buddy listClick to send message via AOL IM
24. "dre is not in the top ten fuck this list"
In response to Reply # 0

http://twitter.com/Menphyel7

"F you Im better in tune with the Infinite"

PharO
Charter member
649 posts
Thu Apr-13-06 10:46 PM

25. "No respect..."
In response to Reply # 0

...for that list.

There's no way you put anyone above Rakim or KRS, first of all, but to put Jay-Z number one? I mean, that's my man and all, definitely top ten, but never number one. Every top MC he shares a mic with on a track out shines him...Biggie, Em...even going back to his freestyles with Big L back in '95. And then to have the nerve to put him above Big L, KRS, Rakim, and Biggie...not even...

Wickedest book on the block...get BROKEN!!!!

www.brokenro.com

jazziebelle
Member since Oct 27th 2004
1970 posts
Thu Apr-13-06 11:27 PM

26. "RE: Black Thought and Common receive Honorable Mention on MTV! (swipe)"
In response to Reply # 0

wtf??? thats all good, congrats and all that, but why the hell is ice cube even on the top 10? thats crazy!!!!! over thought? and dre 3000? who made this list?

kinetic94761180
Member since Jul 05th 2002
17855 posts
Thu Apr-13-06 11:31 PM

27. "'some bullshit."
In response to Reply # 0

-however appreciated, though.

Rjcc is code for "bitch-ass troll"

DROkayplayerâ„¢

jazziebelle
Member since Oct 27th 2004
1970 posts
Thu Apr-13-06 11:36 PM

28. "truly..."
In response to Reply # 27

ice cube? jay-z #1??????

walder
Member since Apr 06th 2006
227 posts
Fri Apr-14-06 12:10 AM

29. "RE: truly..."
In response to Reply # 28

honestly, i can see how people would contest with that but ice cube made a big impact in a big way. not only was he the leading force with nwa, but buddy was smart enough to take his west coast sound and story telling and mix it with the boom east coast producing group at the time, the bomb squad. between the period of amerikkka's most wanted, the kill at will ep and death certificate not many dudes could fuck with ice cube.

during his prime, cube always seemed to be a step ahead of a lot of other mc's in terms of business and style. he may not be your favourite but he has to get credit for what he accomplished, his early shit is pretty crazy.

h20
Charter member
118 posts
Fri Apr-14-06 02:43 AM

30. "RE: Black Thought and Common receive Honorable Mention on MTV! (swipe)"
In response to Reply # 0

snoop! are they for real.... not saying that snoop cant come with it everynowandthen, but... nm

N1
Charter member
262 posts
Fri Apr-14-06 02:55 AM

31. "FK....2pac!!!"
In response to Reply # 0

You know what...F' 2Pac! He was/is F'n wack!! There's no way he should ever be on any top 10 list! The only people that feel him or the reason he became so "Large" is because of his simple-ass Lyrics. He's someone that the ignorant-ass masses could follow, someone the idiots could recite. He was such a good MC because most of the people of his era (and still are) ignorant. If you put 2Pac on the list, you should just put Nelly up there too!!! They're the same F'n people for the same people. There was nothing clever about him.
If you want to use record sales as a marker for best MC's then your an ignorant-ass too!!

Eminem?? Get the F' outta here! Very creative, but corny! I'd put him in the Honorable mention though. I'd put him before 2pac!

Where are these MC's?

Plug1??? Plug2??? Redman??? Chuck D???? Busta??? Pharohe??

C'mon, these kats should all come before 2pac. Even thinking about 2pac makes me sick!!

It is what it is....thats the world we live in....a bunch of MFers....a bunch of 2pacs!

"Dreams are for those who
sleep" - Bread

the don tay
Member since Mar 30th 2006
4 posts
Fri Apr-14-06 03:53 AM

32. "This list"
In response to Reply # 31

was overall straight. I gotta say Pac is one of the greatest, but I've always just thought of him as more of a poet than a rapper (I know there's a thin line there). As far as the order, I thought it was well put together, but I thought maybe BIG could be number one. Jay maybe wouldn't have had his success without Biggy, he's said so in interviews. I'm real glad they put Big Daddy Kane on there too. They should make a separate list for just hip hop groups.

BlackStar34
Charter member
669 posts
Fri Apr-14-06 04:55 AM

33. "with much respect"
In response to Reply # 32

Please, shut up.

...I'm from harlem, the North-Side of Manhattan / We knock niggas out and make 'em bounce like Ricky Hatton - Immortal Technique

Touch This if you go to school in Illadelph: www.campusphilly.org

Can we get a Roots and De La Soul collab?

DeadMike
Member since Jan 28th 2005
1030 posts
Fri Apr-14-06 09:41 AM

34. "Are you f'kin serious?!?!?!"

>The only people that
>feel him or the reason he became so "Large" is because of his
>simple-ass Lyrics. He's someone that the ignorant-ass masses
>could follow, someone the idiots could recite. He was such a
>good MC because most of the people of his era (and still are)
>ignorant. If you put 2Pac on the list, you should just put
>Nelly up there too!!! They're the same F'n people for the same
>people. There was nothing clever about him.

>
>Even thinking
>about 2pac makes me sick!!
>
>It is what it is....thats the world we live in....a bunch of
>MFers....a bunch of 2pacs!
>

This is some of the funniest shit I've ever read on Okayplayer!!! Dude thanks for the laughs. Although it's a little sad you actually believe this bullshit.

58impala
Member since Nov 08th 2004
16633 posts
Fri Apr-14-06 10:18 AM

35. "stop backpacking shit,"

tupac is a top 10/15 rapper given he is one of the few rappers who can put emotion into a song.

BT is too bland to do that
common as done it a couple of times
andre 3000 is able do that easily (hes a top 10 rapper too, fuck honorable mention), same wit lauryn hill

brother nii
Member since Apr 14th 2006
2 posts
Fri Apr-14-06 03:21 PM

36. "RE: MTV"
In response to Reply # 35
Fri Apr-14-06 03:23 PM by brother nii

ay this is my first post on here. i just wanted to get my two cents in about MTV making a list of emcees.

i cant stand MTV, i hate it when my girl is watching it, i turn it off when its on in my schools "ethnic student" lounge when i see it on. i have a problem with all the propaganda and commercialization on MTV. i remember when i was little and MTV was music. nowadays, its all about booty shaking, whos blinging, i dont kno, i cant identify with that and the only time the black people is on there is usually something stupid. BET isnt much better, except they only show US on there acting a fool. VH1 either, with Flav on their. i kno cats that dont like black people but they luv Flav's show and watch rap on MTV. i dont kno, i have a problem with this whole music industry stuff. i aint hatin on the next man gettin his, but u got kids, and ur community u got to give back to. im glad dave chappelle made that movie, that was real. Okayplayer and Spitkicker should get a station, i bet chappelle would get down with that.

N1
Charter member
262 posts
Sat Apr-15-06 02:19 AM

40. "RE: stop backpacking shit,"
In response to Reply # 35

I hate backpackers too!!! I'm not one of those, trust me! The MC's on my top ten list would not be the same as a backpacker's.

Anyway, at the end of the day, I'm sure 2pac was a cool kat and I would have liked him as person (maybe), but I just don't think he should be the face of what Hip-Hop was/is/and will be. However, he is to a certain extent. And at the end of the day Its just my snobby,exclusive, and whatever else you can think of...Opinion.

It is what it is...

Peace

sleep" - Bread

Shonuff
Member since Jan 12th 2003
1498 posts
Fri Apr-14-06 10:49 PM

39. "2pac had simple lyrics? wtf are you smoking?"

That kid had excellent vocab.

Shonuff
Member since Jan 12th 2003
1498 posts
Fri Apr-14-06 10:46 PM

38. "Common was Eminem's co-signer... suck on that OKPhaters"
In response to Reply # 0

n/m

N1
Charter member
262 posts
Sat Apr-15-06 02:27 AM

41. "RE: Common was Eminem's co-signer... suck on that OKPhaters"
In response to Reply # 38

OK...

Lets do this... give me 3 2pac songs that represent his "genius" and I will listen to them with an unbias ear. If I think its worthy of #2 all time MC, I'll take back everything I said and I'll be a A**Hole

just 3 songs...the #2 MC of all time should be able to do it in one song, but thats a little too extreme. I want to understand why so many folks like this guy so much....help me....

sleep" - Bread

vandole
Member since Oct 21st 2004
630 posts
Sat Apr-15-06 05:49 AM

42. "RE: Black Thought and Common receive Honorable Mention on MTV! (swipe)"
In response to Reply # 0

Big up Black Thought!!!

http://www.fotolog.com/nandele/

Peace and love...Jah bless

http://www.myspace.com/lukwimbe
http://diarydoprojectokamfulado.blogspot.com/
http://www.flickr.com/photos/lukwimbe/show/
http://www.flickr.com/photos/projectokamfulado/show/

Kanimambo

Lobby Okayplayer News Discussion Okay Artist Archives topic #45101 Previous topic | Next topic