Printer-friendly copy Email this topic to a friend
Lobby Okayplayer News Discussion Okay Artist Archives topic #3891

Subject: "allow me to reintroduce myself" This topic is locked.
Previous topic | Next topic
qoolquest
Charter member
10251 posts
Thu Apr-08-04 10:46 PM

Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profileClick to add this author to your buddy list
"allow me to reintroduce myself"

facts you should know about the roots since y'all get amnesia whenever a new single comes out.

-we have been sampling since DYWM

so all this fantasy shit about us being in the room at the same time recording is just that. a fantasy. i loop and stack my drums sometimes. i may suppliment my drums with other drum noises, i may program them shits my delf, i may even just go with the sampled demoed version.

if shit bangs it bangs. and at the end of the day, shit has to bang.

-the roots are more than the actual members you see on stage

kelo, chaos, scott, tahir have all been making beats for us since the start. we may suppliment their beats if need be, we may re do whole jawn over---but at the end of the day. shit has to bang.

-since most of ya'll care about the live experience anyway---does it really matter HOW the music gets made?

i program shit just as convincing as i drum (im not known as a "beatmaker" because i know how to keep secrets. maybe one day we will take that --no homo-- details "asian or gay" test with roots songs and i guarantee you guys will never get a 100 on my test of "did i play this straight or loop myself?"

-sounding mainstream or sounding commercial is a crock of shit to me. just because the sound of today is incorporated in our work dosn't mean "we tryna sound mainstream"---but y'all cant play this "no one but us can play in our sandbox---get your own toys!!!!!" but for so long

i mean it is 2004 already.

we are not the same group.
and clearly we have made a career in
throwing yall for a loop.

not even excuses.....just a reminder of the group yall claim to know

any questions?

check the resume

organix-93
(from the ground up)-94
do you want more?!!???!-95
illadelph halflife-96
things fall apart-99
(the legendary)-99
the roots come alive-99
phrenology-2002
the tipping point-2004
(the roots present...) 2004
homegrown: the beginne

Printer-friendly copy | Top

Topic Outline
Subject Author Message Date ID
Hi Reintroduced ?uest!
furiousxgeorge
Apr 08th 2004
lol
Apr 09th 2004
RE: allow me to reintroduce myself
Apr 08th 2004
a question
Apr 08th 2004
directions
Apr 09th 2004
      RE: directions
Apr 09th 2004
      um
Apr 09th 2004
           can't you elaborate though?
Apr 09th 2004
      fall back
Apr 09th 2004
      this
Apr 09th 2004
      so basically what you are saying is...
Apr 09th 2004
      not even that
Apr 10th 2004
           (nevermind)
Apr 11th 2004
      My respect for this man has.........
Apr 09th 2004
Apr 10th 2004
      what the..
Apr 10th 2004
      herbie
Apr 12th 2004
Apr 10th 2004
questions:
Apr 08th 2004
guffaw @ street cred.
Apr 09th 2004
you don't think it's something artists
Apr 09th 2004
      RE: you don't think it's something artists
Apr 10th 2004
um
Apr 10th 2004
      semi-answered me, thanks
Apr 11th 2004
Apr 09th 2004
that's 2 different things...
Apr 09th 2004
thanks, you said what i was trying to say
Apr 09th 2004
RE: that's 2 different things...
Apr 09th 2004
Apr 09th 2004
Apr 09th 2004
I support this post
Apr 09th 2004
Apr 09th 2004
and?
Apr 09th 2004
If folks would...
Apr 09th 2004
Apr 09th 2004
RE: I hope you're kidding
Apr 09th 2004
the jazzy jeff scratches? oh thhose were fake
Apr 09th 2004
...and so it begins
Apr 09th 2004
PoliCee
Apr 09th 2004
um who couldn't listen to your stuff and
Apr 09th 2004
RE: um who couldn't listen to your stuff and
Apr 09th 2004
obie's "the setup" will be a hot blend
Apr 09th 2004
LOL!!!....n/m
Apr 09th 2004
ONE QUESTION?
Apr 09th 2004
so why.....
Apr 09th 2004
The Producers (Mel Brooks)
Apr 09th 2004
ha...dont explain yourself
Apr 09th 2004
NO, NO, NO!
Apr 09th 2004
is Jay gonna make a very brief appearance here?
Apr 09th 2004
Why?
Apr 09th 2004
folks have a problem growing old
Apr 09th 2004
OK..so on 3/4 listen. This song is BIG as hell
Apr 09th 2004
where's the love quest, where is the love?
Apr 09th 2004
you know you possibly just
Apr 09th 2004
Apr 09th 2004
You are a sensitive man
Apr 09th 2004
co-sign
Apr 09th 2004
i wuz just listening to Clones and
Apr 09th 2004
i have a question???
Apr 09th 2004
damn homie, dont start THIS again
Apr 09th 2004
And the church said....
Apr 09th 2004
sppoeticdiva1
Apr 09th 2004
Whatever Dude
Apr 09th 2004
RE: Whatever Dude
Apr 09th 2004
RE: Whatever Dude
Apr 09th 2004
      come on now
Apr 11th 2004
Oh MY GOD! OH MY GOD NO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Apr 09th 2004
ah ah my name is a
Apr 09th 2004
you've been sampling since organix
Apr 09th 2004
ARCHIVE
Apr 11th 2004
The Sosinator
Apr 12th 2004

furiousxgeorge

Thu Apr-08-04 10:49 PM

1. "Hi Reintroduced ?uest!"
In response to Reply # 0

Eh, seriously though, that's what I've always liked about you guys...you make good music, who the fark cares how it gets done?

O shit, it ain't 100% organic, ONO! Seriously, if your into "organic" music the least organic roots joint is probably more organic than your avergage rap record.

Man, I don't know how you deal with this stuff, if Elvis talked to his fans this much he would have died a lot younger.

prophet j
Member since Aug 22nd 2002
10109 posts
Fri Apr-09-04 02:21 PM

Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profileClick to add this author to your buddy list
46. "lol"
In response to Reply # 1

- - - - -

"ask beavis, i get nothing but head" - big l

peace & love

- - - - -

peace & love

BarTek
Member since Nov 10th 2002
51250 posts
Thu Apr-08-04 10:55 PM

Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profileClick to add this author to your buddy list
2. "RE: allow me to reintroduce myself"
In response to Reply # 0

I like this post.

Peace.

let's play ping pong ■

ZioN
Charter member
2792 posts
Thu Apr-08-04 11:16 PM

3. "a question"
In response to Reply # 0

where does the initial musical direction come from for each album?
i mean may sound like a stupid question but i'm just curious considering the group seems to be (according to your post) quite large

i only say this because each album obviously has a particular direction and if ya'll don't all record together etc, then ideas have to be pretty concrete already then (before you go record)
so i guess, when and by whom does the decision come in regards to album direction, and is there benefits to recording things seperately. y'know?

thanks

---

qoolquest
Charter member
10251 posts
Fri Apr-09-04 07:00 AM

35. "directions"
In response to Reply # 3

i can't call it.
im sure there will be a point in which you cannot tell one record from the next (see last 3 mobb deep records or first 4 EPMD joints)---but i think that our advantage is actual planning. cats don't plan. they don't foreplay, they dont even bother to think---what will the climate be in 2008. they never think about that shit. we see a science in all this. i personally think we will be cool for the 5 year cycle (77-82, 82-87, 87-92, 92-97, 97-02, and this being the 02-07 cycle) im more worried about 2007. every "2" and "7" year we make our most drastic shit (organix, and phren were met with the most indifference from "the hell is this?" (or) to "the fuck was that?" (phren)---but it allows us to "buy time" til the next cycle (i see 3 records a cycle)

i somehow thought this was gonna be the graceland album (we went to cuba and had updated buena vista social club ideas)--then we jammed and the first 3 weeks it was gonna be the organix redux album---i wasn't with this just yet....i believe in starting the cycle again (organc album, refined organic hip hop jazz, underground ill lyrical, musical soothing album, crazy throw you off record, simple no tricks no frills album)

now if we add more to it (the graceland album, all instrumental album, guest star album (we considered doing that mos/com/pha/kwei/thought album)--even the bandless all beats album)

so there are different personalities we can explore--- i do know that eventually we will have to start all over again (my problem with prince and stevie and earth wind....them playing catch up vs. just going for what they know)

i just dont feel like we are playing "catch up"---this still feels "natural". i dont feel like we reached our peak yet that some hip hop acts who are still making records are at. we will return to first base once we get to the place where we are so out of the marketplace that we wont even feel the need to compete.

ie- i get calls from stevie's office all the time. he wants me to drum program. i dont want to do that. if steve aint doing no throwback shit then i aint even tryna call back to get my heart broken. if steve wants to compete with chingy? go ahead.

santana done gave cats false hope that a lil bit of this and a lil bit of that will make it 11 million city.---

but everyone knows that was santana's blandest shit. (actually im working with herbie right now and he keeps saying the S word. but at least his vision is getting thom yorke and chris martin on board so this might be interesting)---so its like if you roll the dice and think you can hit bullseye. then go ahead. approximate the market. if not? i think you should do what you do best.

id rather fail doing organic shit than playing catch up.

but this is clearly our moment and im not letting the fear of "what will they think" make me ruin a million dollar empire.

so this album has its own stripes just like the other 6.

check the resume

organix-93
(from the ground up)-94
illadelph halflife-96
things fall apart-99
(the legendary)-99
the roots come alive-99
phrenology-2002
the tipping point-2004

moonsatellite
Charter member
1645 posts
Fri Apr-09-04 09:08 AM

36. "RE: directions"
In response to Reply # 35

?uest, you're over thinking it. just make dope beats and have Thought write good rhymes to them. make 20 songs. whittle it down to 13, you're good. otherwise, you run the risk of outsmarting yourself.

... Charter member, but I don't post much. LAZERS.

qoolquest
Charter member
10251 posts
Fri Apr-09-04 10:30 AM

40. "um"
In response to Reply # 36

tell that to tribe and them.

im cool with my method of making records.

check the resume

organix-93
(from the ground up)-94
illadelph halflife-96
things fall apart-99
(the legendary)-99
the roots come alive-99
phrenology-2002
the tipping point-2004

howisya
Member since Nov 09th 2002
39983 posts
Fri Apr-09-04 12:32 PM

45. "can't you elaborate though?"
In response to Reply # 40

it's a mindfuck having to type it out so many times only to not get an answer... can i at least get a "i'm not going to answer this ever" so i can stop asking about it? because i'm really curious.

Jon
Charter member
18687 posts
Fri Apr-09-04 10:03 AM

38. "fall back"

that updated buena vista social club idea was mine. people keep jackin my brainwaves from the cosmos without paying me sampling royalties.

bshelly
Charter member
71730 posts
Fri Apr-09-04 11:38 AM

42. "this"

is probably the illest thing I've ever read about selling and selling out.

do your thing, man.

----
bshelly

"You (Fisher) could get fired, Les Snead could get fired, Kevin Demoff could get fired, but I will always be Eric Dickerson.†(c) The God

phenompyrus
Charter member
9367 posts
Fri Apr-09-04 06:56 PM

54. "so basically what you are saying is..."

that the new record is yet another direction? thats cool, im just clarifying. and then, you are going back to the jamming band days of 'organix' and starting it all up again? now that is a blueprint if i may say so myself, and one that is very intriguing.
oh, and the all instrumental sounds like a good idea, as does a black thought with lyrical guests. but you know that we all love when the roots all play nicely together.

http://twitter.com/phenompyrus

Get Out the Room
http://getouttheroom.podomatic.com
http://itunes.apple.com/us/podcast/get-out-the-room/id525657893

qoolquest
Charter member
10251 posts
Sat Apr-10-04 12:50 PM

63. "not even that"
In response to Reply # 54

first thing cats say to me is.
"this sounds like "normal" hip hop.
those that know me well...or thought they did
thought that i was gonna take the 3rd weird eye from the kast guy route (phren and EC being the first two)---but surprise surprise we already did the "weird" album. so i feel the best route that we should go is the place everyone least expected us to go.

back to hip hop.

no neo
no rock

just beats and rhymes

some shit approxiamting the marketplace (why should we make scott do something def juxian when he clearly has the market on lock now?)

some shit sticking to the "rules" of real hip hop.

this is the "anti-weird" focused, no frills record.

and im sure in the line of events that been goin down as of late in hip hop.---

no one was expecting this.

check the resume

organix-93
(from the ground up)-94
illadelph halflife-96
things fall apart-99
(the legendary)-99
the roots come alive-99
phrenology-2002
the tipping point-2004

howisya
39983 posts
Sun Apr-11-04 12:01 PM

68. "(nevermind)"
In response to Reply # 63
Sun Apr-11-04 12:11 PM

Seven
Member since Dec 11th 2004
10708 posts
Fri Apr-09-04 09:02 PM

57. "My respect for this man has........."
Fri Apr-09-04 09:03 PM

....increased 10 fold...

ZioN
Charter member
2792 posts
Sat Apr-10-04 03:36 AM

60. "RE: directions"

thanks for the insight
much appreciated

all i can say is continue to do what you feel cos the possibilities for you guys are endless. i like this getting diverse artists in and doing things. music as a whole is dying for some real collaborations between well known artists (by that i mean due to respect musically, not necessarily bout selling records)

all the best with the album

thanks again

---

sfMatt
Member since Jun 20th 2002
10383 posts
Sat Apr-10-04 07:46 AM

Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profileClick to add this author to your buddy list
62. "what the.."

herbie?

o-0

elaborate!

nocturnal
Charter member
1679 posts
Mon Apr-12-04 03:17 AM

70. "herbie"
In response to Reply # 62

right....this is the coolest shit.

what is this project?

https://soundcloud.com/djplainview

Mtg Ppl is EZ
Member since Feb 29th 2004
118 posts
Sat Apr-10-04 12:54 PM

64. "RE: directions"

>
>guest star album (we considered doing
>that mos/com/pha/kwei/thought album)
>

any chance of adding malik b 2 that list?

http://www.myspace.com/aglioolio

Evol
Charter member
2007 posts
Thu Apr-08-04 11:38 PM

Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profileClick to add this author to your buddy listClick to send message via AOL IM
4. "questions:"
In response to Reply # 0
Thu Apr-08-04 11:49 PM

-you think the single will garner the group more street cred amongst core hip hoppers? you think the album will? has that been a concern at all (subconsciously, even) to you or the group?

-how long is the album?

if it's a short album:

-->will THIS be the short, fast-paced album you've mentioned before? a carried-over phrenology strategy that never ended up materializing, perchance?

-what are the prospects of released collaborations with other Interscope artists? with the Shady/AfterMath crew?

flow infinitely

Damali
Member since Sep 12th 2002
35863 posts
Fri Apr-09-04 05:05 AM

28. "guffaw @ street cred."
In response to Reply # 4

good lord.

"i do more for both our communities than you'll ever know." - Heinz
"But rest assured, in my luxurious house built on the backs of people darker than me, I am sipping fine scotch and scoffing at how stupid you are." - bshelly

Evol
Charter member
2007 posts
Fri Apr-09-04 02:36 PM

Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profileClick to add this author to your buddy listClick to send message via AOL IM
48. "you don't think it's something artists"
In response to Reply # 28
Fri Apr-09-04 02:36 PM

are concerned about?

flow infinitely

JER2
Member since Jun 14th 2002
870 posts
Sat Apr-10-04 04:14 AM

61. "RE: you don't think it's something artists"
In response to Reply # 48

With all due respect I don't think that's something that ARTISTS are concerned about. Only FOOLS are concerned about that crap. As long as you can look at yourself in the mirror and be happy with what you see and the things you have done you'll be straight with me.

SQUEEZE RADIO Thurs nights AKA Fri mornings from 1-5am on
89.9FM NYC or www.wkcr.org

"flipping thru loops like a lunatic dolphin" Phsyco Les

"You won't know the meaning of freedom
until u free yourself from today,
live your life like tomorrow
but feel like it's yesterday"

<----- Listen!

SQUEEZE RADIO Thurs nights AKA Fri mornings from 1-5am on
89.9FM NYC or www.wkcr.org

www.psanyc.com

www.myspace.com/suciosmash

www.myspace.com/juggsmusic

Dj JER2/Squeeze Radio shirts @ www.thegiantpeach.com

qoolquest
Charter member
10251 posts
Sat Apr-10-04 01:06 PM

65. "um"
In response to Reply # 4

i for one dont think about street cred simply because---

lol---do i have any street cred? lol.....

i mean if a mofo wanna give me a fair one--then hey....i'm still 270 lbs of okayanger ready to go off?

but i think i lost my street cred the second i gave my first interview.

i think riq has that on his mind alot (although his immaculant dressing betrays that to me----thugs don't live at barney's on 5th avenue...riq about to have his own section)---but yet and still i think riq feels he must be the tin to my yang so that we don't go out like mi phi mi (and im sure without riq and mal in the group---mofos would look absoulutely look at us like they look at certain groups i cant name cause im friends with them)---so i kinda feel cool with mofos calling riq and mal assholes cause at least our image is set...and that allows me to feel free playing the "good guy" of the group.

all i can say about the outside demos we got from people was "we have to have some shit that we can replay or resample and most importantly rock live when onstage.

second we heard scott's "don't say..." track it felt like shit we could fuck with. drums are still crispy with my signature claps (only complaint is dre's engineer compressed the shit outta the claps and the percussion)---and for those who been at roots shows as of late....y'all know mal been looking for an excuse to throw the fender rhodes away.---we aint getting rid of it just yet (rhodes to us is what linn drums are to prince)---

we just miced that song in a way that aint usual for us.

but the same instruments that made "section" (the first time we sampled my drums) are the same that made "ital" and the same that made "without a doubt" ----are the same that made this record. but there are more options (pro tools is something that i just learned how to master as of late and the plug ins are a mother!!!---so there are many an option that we can go now.)

check the resume

organix-93
(from the ground up)-94
illadelph halflife-96
things fall apart-99
(the legendary)-99
the roots come alive-99
phrenology-2002
the tipping point-2004

howisya
39983 posts
Sun Apr-11-04 12:10 PM

69. "semi-answered me, thanks"
In response to Reply # 65

thanks, the part below sort of gets at what i've been asking you. i'm not trying to give you or the band a hard time, just understand who is doing what--it is after all a band, not a production outfit (radiohead managed to be both though on kid a and amnesiac.. not all members played on all songs, the music didn't sound like a "rock band" etc.). i was pleased to read the description of how this song was recorded and can definitely understand why you'd pick that beat.

you don't have to answer it if you don't want to, but i have been asking you about the creative fulfillment you are or are not getting playing material written and (demo) recorded for the roots/black thought. i'm not baiting you at all, i'm just interested, but who knows, maybe the answer will cause someone else to throw it back at you.

>all i can say about the outside demos we got from people was
>"we have to have some shit that we can replay or resample
>and most importantly rock live when onstage.
>
>second we heard scott's "don't say..." track it felt like
>shit we could fuck with. drums are still crispy with my
>signature claps (only complaint is dre's engineer compressed
>the shit outta the claps and the percussion)---and for those
>who been at roots shows as of late....y'all know mal been
>looking for an excuse to throw the fender rhodes away.---we
>aint getting rid of it just yet (rhodes to us is what linn
>drums are to prince)---
>
>we just miced that song in a way that aint usual for us.
>
>but the same instruments that made "section" (the first time
>we sampled my drums) are the same that made "ital" and the
>same that made "without a doubt" ----are the same that made
>this record. but there are more options (pro tools is
>something that i just learned how to master as of late and
>the plug ins are a mother!!!---so there are many an option
>that we can go now.)

musaee
Member since Nov 30th 2002
1182 posts
Fri Apr-09-04 12:03 AM

5. "RE: allow me to reintroduce myself"
In response to Reply # 0

Yeah i remember a while back cats was dissing some artist on speculation they would be programming (D'Angelo) and I said it dont matter live or programming its just if the shit is hot. You have put down drums live that banged (double trouble) and yall sampled shit that banged (clones)...there truly is no method to the madness....BUT TO MY ?uestion...They said (on 2 of the news posts) you use a MPC2000...Is that true? I know a lot of cats swear by the 3000. AND EVEN I AM SMART ENOUGH TO KNOW THAT THE PIECE OF EQUIPMENT SURE DONT MATTER. It's just a curiosity i have. Shit, madlib uses a BoSS SP303!

www.musa.bandcamp.com

Caveman23
Member since Feb 24th 2004
873 posts
Fri Apr-09-04 12:05 AM

6. "that's 2 different things..."
In response to Reply # 0

That's cool mayne. Do what the f*ck ya want, & I myself am a firm believer in that big "Bang" theroy...
But uh, yall shouldn't just be taking beats without adding The Roots members touches ta it (I understand that ya likely still "tweek" & mix the f*ck out the submitted beats, but that's not nearly the same as having a part in creating it), yall should play sum sh*t on top them at the very least, if not being a part of the co-production...

Cuz tha new track is not a Roots track at all, as far as creation of the work, & acouple tracks from Phren weren't either far as I could tell, they were just Trotter rapping on the submitted beats... I mean, if Gangstarr all the sudden had 2/5ths of the album not produced by Premier at all then that shouldn't've been released as a Gangstarr album as far I'm concerned. Especially if they tried ta kinda hide that fact at first...

•Jay Electronica--Act II
•3 Stacks solo//Goodie MoB.--Black History//'Kast--10 The Hardway//...
•Madvillain:2//Ghost+DOOM//...
•**** a Detox

howisya
39983 posts
Fri Apr-09-04 03:19 AM

22. "thanks, you said what i was trying to say"
In response to Reply # 6

>I mean, if Gangstarr all the
>sudden had 2/5ths of the album not produced by Premier at
>all then that shouldn't've been released as a Gangstarr
>album as far I'm concerned.

that's what i was going for in my message below; you said it much better and more concise (i was using band analogies).

for the record though,

>Cuz tha new track is not a Roots track at all, as far as
>creation of the work, & acouple tracks from Phren weren't
>either far as I could tell, they were just Trotter rapping
>on the submitted beats...

i used to think this too and i've still not received confirmation either way (submitted tracks or replayed/retouched tracks) but after a while it just seemed like the ones credited solely to other producers CAN'T be not performed by the roots at all. most if not all of them you can hear organic instruments (in addition to drum programming and some sampling) if you concentrate. they really Kid A'd it up though, blurring the lines between band and electronic artist (or hip-hop producer which is often similar) and i think that's cool. maybe they're more of the hip-hop radiohead than outkast are.

phenompyrus
Charter member
9367 posts
Fri Apr-09-04 05:57 AM

32. "RE: that's 2 different things..."
In response to Reply # 6

>That's cool mayne. Do what the f*ck ya want, & I myself am a
>firm believer in that big "Bang" theroy...
>But uh, yall shouldn't just be taking beats without adding
>The Roots members touches ta it (I understand that ya likely
>still "tweek" & mix the f*ck out the submitted beats, but
>that's not nearly the same as having a part in creating it),
>yall should play sum sh*t on top them at the very least, if
>not being a part of the co-production...

I agree with this. but this is the way of the world in the rap game. is little brother if they dont have a production from 9th? is a tribe track that was produced by someone else really a tribe track if it didnt include ali shaheed? is it really a track by any group if they have a beat submitted by another producer outside of there own boundaries? this is one of the reasons why i dont understand why bands work with producers. are they adding in their two cents?

>Cuz tha new track is not a Roots track at all, as far as
>creation of the work, & acouple tracks from Phren weren't
>either far as I could tell, they were just Trotter rapping
>on the submitted beats... I mean, if Gangstarr all the
>sudden had 2/5ths of the album not produced by Premier at
>all then that shouldn't've been released as a Gangstarr
>album as far I'm concerned. Especially if they tried ta
>kinda hide that fact at first...

again this is a good point, but its the way it works. the roots may play the instruments, they may not. personally i think we should get a BT solo where he raps over beats from other producers, while a roots album should be the band playing tracks produced by the band.

http://twitter.com/phenompyrus

Get Out the Room
http://getouttheroom.podomatic.com
http://itunes.apple.com/us/podcast/get-out-the-room/id525657893

Nicolay
Charter member
9608 posts
Fri Apr-09-04 12:16 AM

7. "RE: allow me to reintroduce myself"
In response to Reply # 0

>not even excuses.....just a reminder of the group yall claim
>to know

I understand and respect the band's wish to move on and move ahead. And for every person that's not feeling the new single, there's someone that will love it.

But personally, I think the beat to "Don't Say Nuthin´" is one step up two steps back.

Nicolay

|

Phonte & Nicolay are... THE FOREIGN EXCHANGE

"Connected" EP (April)
"Connected" CD and LP (June)
"Connected" Instrumentals LP (June)

on BBE Music

coming soon: http://www.theforeignexchangemusic.com

Nicolay

http://www.theforeignexchangemusic.com

Big Bill
Member since Dec 18th 2002
251 posts
Fri Apr-09-04 02:44 AM

18. "RE: allow me to reintroduce myself"
In response to Reply # 7

>But personally, I think the beat to "Don't Say Nuthin´" is
>one step up two steps back.

Yeah, I haven't heard the track yet, but following my sneek peak of Kweli's next offering and Root's last two releases (break you off/ Seed 2.0), I can imagine what it sounds like. I'll still reserve judgement until I get a preview of the track.

That said, it seems to me that there is a trend with a lot of the artists discussed on this board incorporating more of "today's sound" in order to appeal to a broader (albiet more fickle) audience, thereby leaving a void in core fan's musical diet. It's as if the sound that set said artist's apart from today's cats is being lost. (Big up to cats like Nicolay, Little Brother, etc for advancing this sound that is apparently becoming dated and filling the void.)

As always, I have high expectations for the new Roots joint and even if the first single isn't my cup of tea, I'll still be one of the first in line come the day it drops. But if Tipping Point doesn't grab me more than Phrenology did, I'm afraid that my blind faith in Root's projects will start to dissappear....

"Times is hard, it's hard for me to make it. It ain't hard to tell, but it's hard for me to fake it. Plus it's hard to be me, it's hard to stop drinking. I guess it's hard for you hard Niggas to start thinking...." -Common

"Times is hard, it's hard for me to make it. It ain't hard to tell, but it's hard for me to fake it. Plus it's hard to be me, it's hard to stop drinking. I guess it's hard for you hard Niggas to start thinking...." -Common

dba_BAD
Charter member
14873 posts
Fri Apr-09-04 12:23 AM

8. "I support this post"
In response to Reply # 0

and I don't even be in Artist like that.

__

fairweather

Nathaniel
Charter member
9962 posts
Fri Apr-09-04 12:51 AM

9. "RE: allow me to reintroduce myself"
In response to Reply # 0

Let me know! (Cam'ron Giles, 2000)

Nathaniel is a Brooklyn,NY born and raised singer/songwriter.

For more info: http://angelfire.lycos.com/musicals/bksoulchild

King James Bible states in (1st Corinthians 14:8-9)-"..Again, If the trumpet does NOT sound a clear call, who will get ready for battle?..So it is with you."

For an audible glimpse of my sound, click here: http://www.zshare.net/audio/9549455779abe02a/

jimi
Charter member
4614 posts
Fri Apr-09-04 01:04 AM

10. "and?"
In response to Reply # 0

@silentintellect

jiggyjazzman
Charter member
447 posts
Fri Apr-09-04 01:09 AM

11. "If folks would..."
In response to Reply # 0

just peep the liner notes and production credits, what Quest said would be mad obvious.

Rev. Steve S. Jackson
revstevesjackson@verizon.net*|*steve.jackson@nbcuni.com

SLUM_VILLAIN
Member since Dec 17th 2002
116 posts
Fri Apr-09-04 01:15 AM

12. "RE: allow me to reintroduce myself"
In response to Reply # 0

So you are saying that on The Next Movement, those turntable sounds scratch and rahzel made, were fake? or not fake but heavily worked on and they would not be able to replicate taht sound live? That sucks.......thats dissapointing

bski
Member since Jun 09th 2002
12115 posts
Fri Apr-09-04 03:21 AM

23. "RE: I hope you're kidding"
In response to Reply # 12

-but if you're not, check the liner notes on Things Fall Apart. Scratches on that song were done by Jazzy Jeff. Scratch still kills (or killed, i suppose) it live.

" Another person I admire would have to be Sting. The music he's made over the years--I don't really listen to it. But he's making it and I respect that." -Hansel (so hot right now)

B-Ski

http://twitter.com/collazo

lay z boi
Member since Oct 03rd 2002
16893 posts
Fri Apr-09-04 04:14 AM

26. "the jazzy jeff scratches? oh thhose were fake"
In response to Reply # 12

so were the jazzies voices

is nelson mandela gonna have to choke a bitch?

www.hitthemusic.com

Improv
Charter member
85480 posts
Fri Apr-09-04 01:17 AM

13. "...and so it begins"
In response to Reply # 0

-Improv!?

Donnell Rawlings on:

---Rube's "Sorry 2004"
"How da hell you're gonna apologize for a whole year?"

---R. Kelly doing a song with Stevie Wonder

"So they asked him why did he do a song with Stevie. He said, 'Because he was the only one who haven't seen the tape'"

“Inside every cynical person, there is a disappointed idealist”---George Carlin

PoliCee

Fri Apr-09-04 01:18 AM

14. "RE: allow me to reintroduce myself"
In response to Reply # 0

Ups for the conviction and clarity. I'm diggin the new single, now pass the popcorn.

"I'll go anywhere as long as it's forward."

— David Livingstone

"Whosoever desires constant success must change his conduct with the times."

"There is nothing more difficult to take in hand, more perilous to conduct, or more uncertain in its success, than to take the lead in the introduction of a new order of things."

— Niccolo Machiavelli

"Even those who fancy themselves the most progressive will fight against other kinds of progress, for each of us is convinced that our way is the best way."

— Louis L'Amour

lay z boi
Member since Oct 03rd 2002
16893 posts
Fri Apr-09-04 01:39 AM

15. "um who couldn't listen to your stuff and"
In response to Reply # 0

tell that the drums weren't looped on some tracks? i could. hey man on one hand i think y'all shit is nice, i'm gonna buy y'all albums regardless, cause i havent' been dissappointed or let down yet. (in a total album)

on the other hand i think when you drop a stinker, you get on a "you just don't understand it kick" to defend it. hell everybody makes stinkers (songs) every once in a while

people need to chill and calm down. they be ready to crucify and stone somebody when the roots make a sort of below par song.

and i just rode each and every side of this fence. but that's how i feel

movie line: *POW! POW! POW* mothafucka, are you outta yo damn mind??!?!

www.hitthemusic.com

QDizl
Member since Aug 06th 2002
236 posts
Fri Apr-09-04 10:38 AM

41. "RE: um who couldn't listen to your stuff and"
In response to Reply # 15

well said. everyone's entitled to some wack songs here and there. not like every single roots album was skip-proof or anything.

Stop hater discrimination!!! Haters are people too!!

Iltigo
Charter member
8609 posts
Fri Apr-09-04 01:45 AM

16. "obie's "the setup" will be a hot blend"
In response to Reply # 0
Fri Apr-09-04 01:47 AM

in a dj set..

that is all

**edit**
oh, i thought everyone knew you sampled yourselves. the first time you samples "someone else" was on tfa for "without a doubt". that was a straight jack.

i swear people don't read liner notes

READ THE LINER NOTES PEOPLE!!! HE WRITES THEM FOR A REASON!!!!

ayo i'm straight gutter/up-in-that-ass foot-putter...i straight KILL muthafuckas!! -- mr tariq trotter

Brownsugar
Charter member
9491 posts
Fri Apr-09-04 02:42 AM

17. "LOL!!!....n/m"
In response to Reply # 0

Don't Say Nuthin'!!!

For Your Infa'mation Click Here~~>

Pass the blunt on the left-hand side--Missy Elliot

You got that, "I wanna slap yo' mama kinda' love"--Gerald Levert

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Have a blessed day!!!

I LUV U 2!!!

jah_sun
Member since Mar 29th 2003
14 posts
Fri Apr-09-04 02:45 AM

19. "ONE QUESTION?"
In response to Reply # 0

Will you sell 1,000,000 albums?

Jason

ORiGiNOSEed
Charter member
2215 posts
Fri Apr-09-04 02:46 AM

20. "so why....."
In response to Reply # 0

when DYWM dropped was i seeing ads asking for mofo's to guess or pick out the samples....that infered that there were no samples....not that YOU simply couldnt guess em........although i really really dont see the problem with samples.....my problem is with skits...i cant ride in my truck bumping skits...and yall new sinlge does bump.....

howisya
39983 posts
Fri Apr-09-04 03:11 AM

21. "The Producers (Mel Brooks)"
In response to Reply # 0

let me reiterate i'm loving the new song. also i agree with and/or already knew everything you said. most of it shouldn't have had to have been repeated. but the one thing i really want to comment on is the thing i've been trying to ask you about.

>-the roots are more than the actual members you see on stage
>
>kelo, chaos, scott, tahir have all been making beats for us
>since the start. we may suppliment their beats if need be,
>we may re do whole jawn over---but at the end of the day.
>shit has to bang.
>
>-since most of ya'll care about the live experience
>anyway---does it really matter HOW the music gets made?

ok first off, i think it's fresh that the roots are unafraid to collaborate and that you have a stable of folks who write and perform with you regularly. cool. most great artists have great collaborators.

HOWEVER.

r.e.m. doesn't write songs for u2's albums. radiohead don't pinch hit for coldplay. frank black doesn't record with all of the members of the red hot chili peppers (or a single dude like doc (res, esthero)) and try to call it a new pixies song.

ridiculous examples, yep! but i'm saying, while i understand and can sympathize somewhat with "the roots are more than..." (after all, credits don't lie), i also have a right to think about and ask legitimate questions (http://www.okayplayer.com/dcforum/general1/35239.html#13). i've observed more outside producers being involved with each album and unlike before, when they shared writing and producing credits with the band, now it's just written by ____ and trotter and produced by ___ (not produced by the roots/grand neggaz/grand wizzards (kkk?!?!?), co-produced by ____). this is why i've been trying to understand how it worked on phrenology but you never answered. "we may suppliment their beats if need be" -- MAY? as opposed to putting black thought over someone else's beat (as in an actual recording made by 9th wonder or the neptunes) and call it a roots track? that's what i'm trying to understand. it just seems like a double standard. radiohead do exactly what you're saying--they will record live and they will record separately and use loops, programing, samples, etc. but you don't see them hiring another band (or electronic musician) to write and perform music for thom to sing over. the roots can and have done a lot more than replaying music someone wrote for them, no matter how dope it is (and this new song is DOPE). just adding a few overdubs or tweaking a peer's demo is baffling to me and not doing anything to it at all (the "may" qualifier) is not at all reassuring. "reintroduce yourself" indeed!

it's not even that i object to it in principle, it's just that phrenology was at least half written and produced by people outside of the roots (proper)--which i chalked up to bt's solo being canned--and the trend seems to be continuing on this album. i'll hold off further suppositions till i've heard it because who knows who made the cut and who didn't? the scott storch song sounds like something he could've made without any of the musicians in the roots but you said you slaved over it. unless you want to reveal the history, i'll just have to assume the roots (not just you) played on it, as there are parts where i could see that (keys, guitar, drums, programming).

all i've ever wanted to know about this is what the writing and recording process is. how much of the melodic and rhythmic parts are written by the "producers"? if there's no writing credit for anyone in the roots other than the emcee(s), did y'all really not write anything? and when it's "produced by ____" what do you mean? like, they created a demo (songwriter and musician role) and you replayed it with their guidance (phil spector style producer) or this is a song that they played on and their parts are either still here or you redid it, but since they made the original they "produced" (rza style producer with or without redo).

"does it really matter HOW the music gets made?" and "if shit's fly..." doesn't REALLY sit well with me and of all people you should know that line of reasoning is a poor defense. you're the music dude who wants to know every single thing about the recording process of good albums. if the roots are my sly stone, can't i think critically about work i really enjoy and appreciate? i'm not angry or disappointed at all, just intrigued and slightly puzzled. i'm going to keep playing the roots on the radio, keep buying albums, keep going to concerts, keep posting here. also going to keep asking long but important questions and hope for answers. peace.

haji rana pinya
Charter member
53604 posts
Fri Apr-09-04 03:46 AM

24. "ha...dont explain yourself"
In response to Reply # 0

unless you feel guilty about something

shit...if youre following your musical heart then you have no one to explain shit to

if you are makin a club banger that you know is crap but will hopefully get 'in the club' play (and pay) then you dont need to justify that to okayplayers...just yourself

otherwise..ride out

im looking forward to the album

www.dumhi.com

novella
Member since Dec 02nd 2003
120 posts
Fri Apr-09-04 04:04 AM

25. "NO, NO, NO!"
In response to Reply # 0
Fri Apr-09-04 04:11 AM

There is a Santa Claus and a Tooth Fairy too. Stop it!

<sarcasm>

blah

blah

ricky_BUTLER
Member since Jul 06th 2003
16899 posts
Fri Apr-09-04 04:40 AM

27. "is Jay gonna make a very brief appearance here?"
In response to Reply # 0

[]

tonya2u
Member since Jan 03rd 2004
56 posts
Fri Apr-09-04 05:12 AM

29. "Why?"
In response to Reply # 0

What spawned you to post this message? I just found out about the Roots last year and I’m really loving you guys because your sound it so unique and raw. I especially like the drumbeats and Tariq’s voice and his energy is electrifying. Your whole sound flows well together and for me it doesn't matter how it was created. I believe you guys deserve much respect for your creativity and ability to change up the hip-hop sound. So why did you feel the need to explain how you create your music?

Tariq3
Charter member
5461 posts
Fri Apr-09-04 05:19 AM

30. "folks have a problem growing old"
In response to Reply # 29

they haven't accepted that they are no longer the demographic. So Quest plays therapist for the retirees.

------------------------------------------------------------
subhaanakallahumma (Glory be to you, Oh Allah), wabihamdika (and I praise You).
Ashhadu anla ilaha illa anta (I bear witness that none has the right to be
worshipped except You). Astaghfiruka

Tariq3
Charter member
5461 posts
Fri Apr-09-04 05:50 AM

31. "OK..so on 3/4 listen. This song is BIG as hell"
In response to Reply # 0

It's loud and I can definetely hear it gettin bang.

I definitely think going anonymous on the videos will be effective.

------------------------------------------------------------
subhaanakallahumma (Glory be to you, Oh Allah), wabihamdika (and I praise You).
Ashhadu anla ilaha illa anta (I bear witness that none has the right to be
worshipped except You). Astaghfiruka

dgonsh
Member since Aug 14th 2002
10693 posts
Fri Apr-09-04 06:01 AM

33. "where's the love quest, where is the love?"
In response to Reply # 0

"I *always* quote myself. I'm the only reliable source on *most* subjects" - OKP's First Lady of Knowledge, Janey

Cerebrawler
Charter member
280 posts
Fri Apr-09-04 06:32 AM

34. "you know you possibly just"
In response to Reply # 0

shitted on a compliment someone gave you.

I can't remember the mag but some producer applauded you for being able to keep such good time.

was it live or "memorex"? either way it broke glass.

when you do decide to have this beatmaker convo make an appearance at beat society.

"You flip styles like a parapalegic acrobat"
-me

Nicnack
Member since Oct 27th 2003
101 posts
Fri Apr-09-04 09:16 AM

37. "RE: allow me to reintroduce myself"
In response to Reply # 0

>facts you should know about the roots since y'all get
>amnesia whenever a new single comes out.
>
>-we have been sampling since DYWM
>

I always knew Clones, Hot Music and some others were samples but I just didn't want to be the one to say it.

Put God first and everything else will follow

Rusty Shackleford
Member since Mar 21st 2004
484 posts
Fri Apr-09-04 10:09 AM

39. "You are a sensitive man"
In response to Reply # 0

You make a piece of art and people are going to draw opinions. I dont know why the artist on this site cant understand that shit. I bet you call every critic and tell them the same shit

Cd's that you should own
The Shins - Chuttes Too Narrow
Loretta Lynn - Van Lear Rose
The Mars Volta - de-loused in the comatorium
Bjork - Live Homogenic

Crush of the Month
Mia Kirshner - L Word.

prophet j
10109 posts
Fri Apr-09-04 02:23 PM

47. "co-sign"
In response to Reply # 39

love the roots, ?uest... but opinions are opinions.

- - - - -

peace & love

- - - - -

peace & love

Anonymous
Charter member
23226 posts
Fri Apr-09-04 12:07 PM

43. "i wuz just listening to Clones and"
In response to Reply # 0

I must say, those might be my favorite drums you've ever done on a Roots album. those shits hit! and that pattern...you mind if i borrow it? lol...anyway, my question is, you played those drums thru right? or did you sequence them?

conesbitt1
Charter member
1080 posts
Fri Apr-09-04 12:23 PM

44. "i have a question???"
In response to Reply # 0

are you jay-z hypeman now? will you be the dj for the roc the mic tour? will you be the dj for his family events? just wondering...

www.myspace.com/darkaqua_30

MikeLove
Charter member
13221 posts
Fri Apr-09-04 03:13 PM

49. "damn homie, dont start THIS again"
In response to Reply # 0

i mean, this is your site so u can do what u want, but you're bigger than sitting here and elaborating and explaining everything everytime you drop a first single. then when the album drops? god, it's really on then! niggaz hate just to be hating and u take 'em on and it gets real ugly. i'm wit u being one with the fans and being on the pulse of what they want but this is bordering on some self-inflicted shit.

i'm not knockin' you. do you. i think you're hella talented. more than these cats on this site even realize cuz we dont really know about half the shit u do. i just feel this shit coming again.

if this site has taught me ANYTHING is cats are rediculous when they get behind a keyboard on some passive-aggresive say whatever the fuck they want, then they all cool in yo face type shit.

<----- The reason your team's players jump into the stands after a TD

Prodiqal_Son
Member since Jul 01st 2002
9277 posts
Fri Apr-09-04 05:15 PM

50. "And the church said...."
In response to Reply # 49

>if this site has taught me ANYTHING is cats are rediculous
>when they get behind a keyboard on some passive-aggresive
>say whatever the fuck they want, then they all cool in yo
>face type shit.

PREACH!!! I stand by this post.

supporting a friend: www.clutchmagazine.com ...at a local newsstand near you, soon!

sppoeticdiva1

Fri Apr-09-04 06:13 PM

51. "RE: allow me to reintroduce myself"
In response to Reply # 0

HELP!!!!!!!! I AM IN A BIND!!!! Ineed to know the name of the spoken word artist (not Ursala Rucker) on the Roots' first album. It was like 1994 and there was something about guns and a woman did the piece and it was the last song on the album. She pulls out a gun.....Anyone know it?
Get Back ASAP!!
sppoeticdiva1@msn.com

Musicology
Member since Feb 22nd 2004
671 posts
Fri Apr-09-04 06:17 PM

52. "Whatever Dude"
In response to Reply # 0

>facts you should know about the roots since y'all get
>amnesia whenever a new single comes out.
>
>-we have been sampling since DYWM

I know that. Nothing wrong with that.

>
>so all this fantasy shit about us being in the room at the
>same time recording is just that. a fantasy. i loop and
>stack my drums sometimes. i may suppliment my drums with
>other drum noises, i may program them shits my delf, i may
>even just go with the sampled demoed version.

Nothing wrong with that.

>
>if shit bangs it bangs. and at the end of the day, shit has
>to bang.

I have not heard anything that banged from The Roots since the early 90's.

>-the roots are more than the actual members you see on stage
>kelo, chaos, scott, tahir have all been making beats for us
>since the start. we may suppliment their beats if need be,
>we may re do whole jawn over---but at the end of the day.
>shit has to bang.

Shit's not banging anymore. And that Sly Stone Hip Hop shit needs to stop.

>-since most of ya'll care about the live experience
>anyway---does it really matter HOW the music gets made?

Live, I dunno BEP's live show is on par with The Roots. There is something about the lack of personality on stage of the front man of the group.

>
>i program shit just as convincing as i drum (im not known as
>a "beatmaker" because i know how to keep secrets. maybe one
>day we will take that --no homo-- details "asian or gay"
>test with roots songs and i guarantee you guys will never
>get a 100 on my test of "did i play this straight or loop
>myself?"

Who cares, as long as it's banging.

>
>-sounding mainstream or sounding commercial is a crock of
>shit to me. just because the sound of today is incorporated
>in our work dosn't mean "we tryna sound mainstream"---but
>y'all cant play this "no one but us can play in our
>sandbox---get your own toys!!!!!" but for so long

Yall aint trying to sound mainstream, I can vouch for that, as of late the sound has been no stream.

>
>
>i mean it is 2004 already.
>
>we are not the same group.
>and clearly we have made a career in
>throwing yall for a loop.

So it's ok for The Roots, but not for others.

>
>not even excuses.....just a reminder of the group yall claim
>to know

>
>any questions?

Have you come to the conclusion that a hip hop band is just not going to work?

Have you realized that The Roots make better r and b songs than hip hop songs?

Have you realized that The Roots are becoming septic, rap music you can play in
Barnes and Nobles?

When will The Roots get back to simplier things, instead of trying to out wierd everyone?

Would you drop Black Thought and replace him with Andre 3000 and Big Boi as the front men for one album?

When are you going to admit, that your not happy with The Roots?

Why so septic? Why not hook up with lil Jon, Lil Wayne, David Banner, Scareface, GZA, on an album? Sure Devin The Dude is cool, but he is also a little septic, he is a rapper with a conscious and thoughtfull lyrics.

What's the goal for The Tipping Point?

!

Marvel30
Member since Feb 25th 2004
2726 posts
Fri Apr-09-04 06:20 PM

53. "RE: Whatever Dude"
In response to Reply # 52

your crazy, what the fuck do you want from them, sounds like you want them to be the same group and never change or try new things

howisya
39983 posts
Fri Apr-09-04 07:24 PM

56. "RE: Whatever Dude"
In response to Reply # 52

i think i'm getting salty with my question not getting an answer after like 5+ attempts, so:

>Have you come to the conclusion that a hip hop band is just
>not going to work?

i'd say definitely, that's why they're outsourcing "the beats" now instead of keeping up their own creativity.

>Have you realized that The Roots are becoming septic, rap
>music you can play in
>Barnes and Nobles?

nothing new nothing new you ain't sayin nothing new... i think the roots have been that popular and pallatable for years

>Would you drop Black Thought and replace him with Andre 3000
>and Big Boi as the front men for one album?

i don't think they even like big boi, they only talk about andre

>Why so septic? Why not hook up with lil Jon, Lil Wayne,
>David Banner, Scareface, GZA, on an album? Sure Devin The
>Dude is cool, but he is also a little septic, he is a
>rapper with a conscious and thoughtfull lyrics.

come on...

>What's the goal for The Tipping Point?

dolla dolla bill y'all.. not to say it's a sellout move but they're hungry for a hit and they deserve it. i'm not being serious though, only those who have heard the album could answer this question.

prophet j
10109 posts
Sun Apr-11-04 11:57 AM

67. "come on now"
In response to Reply # 56

>>What's the goal for The Tipping Point?
>
>dolla dolla bill y'all.. not to say it's a sellout move but
>they're hungry for a hit and they deserve it. i'm not being
>serious though, only those who have heard the album could
>answer this question.

i'd say that's a LITTLE premature. you've heard one song and the record hasn't even come out yet.

- - - - -

peace & love

- - - - -

peace & love

IvyLeagueNegro
Member since Jul 20th 2003
1902 posts
Fri Apr-09-04 07:00 PM

55. "Oh MY GOD! OH MY GOD NO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!"
In response to Reply # 0

How is this possible? I have lost all faith in life now. WHY? WHY?

Youre a fraud, for all i Know youre really a woman, and i Bet your FRO is FAKE too!

*Commits Suicide*

*Ressurected*

Aww wait a minute.... I just realized that I dont care. Just Do the damn thing ese.

****SIG!******
DO DA DAMN THING NUKKA! http://www.freephotoiPods.com/?r=13236380

illadelphgurl
Charter member
21352 posts
Fri Apr-09-04 09:07 PM

58. "ah ah my name is a"
In response to Reply # 0

a biz markie

i wonder how many people... NEVER MIND

---------------------
<3 restore the shore <3

acidtabs
Charter member
5894 posts
Fri Apr-09-04 09:40 PM

59. "you've been sampling since organix"
In response to Reply # 0

-----------------------------

i cant see how people are so blind to his (cam'ron's that is) obvious genius. - OKP UncleClimax

my response: Maybe because he's a complete fucking DOUCHEBAG.

and its fun to put a cat on ur girl lap and make it purr, i made a girl cum like that before, well i guess my cat made her cum. once when i was having sex my cat came and licked my feet. i liked it....made me more horny - southphillyman

ponderingape
Member since Jul 14th 2003
229 posts
Sun Apr-11-04 11:29 AM

66. "ARCHIVE"
In response to Reply # 0

----
Why Comply?

"Theres One Life, One Love, So There Can Only Be One King"-Nas

----
Why Comply?

"Theres One Life, One Love, So There Can Only Be One King"-Nas

Jeezy
Charter member
439 posts
Mon Apr-12-04 04:14 AM

71. "The Sosinator"
In response to Reply # 0

Sexiness makes nice sounds, but i kind of like that bring the freak out feeling.

Jeez Y? cause its that westcoast thing we're bringin brining bringin

Lobby Okayplayer News Discussion Okay Artist Archives topic #3891 Previous topic | Next topic