Printer-friendly copy Email this topic to a friend
Lobby Okayplayer News Discussion Okay Artist Archives topic #35270

Subject: "Little Brother's "Too Intelligent" Says BET......" Previous topic | Next topic
nanuco29
Member since Jul 19th 2005
50 posts
Thu Sep-08-05 10:15 PM

Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profileClick to add this author to your buddy list
"Little Brother's "Too Intelligent" Says BET......"

Little Brother's "Too Intelligent" Says BET, Network Responds To Allegation

http://alerts.sohh.com/article.php/7519

Printer-friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote | Top

Topic Outline
Subject Author Message Date ID
RE: Little Brother's "Too Intelligent" Says BET......
Sep 08th 2005
as i said...LB need to SLIM THUG the game....
Sep 08th 2005
sad
Sep 08th 2005
the state of the hip hop game
Sep 08th 2005
they played "risky business" on uncut n/m
Sep 09th 2005
      RE: they played "risky business" on uncut n/m
Sep 09th 2005
Sep 09th 2005
                First Tavis Smiley....
Sep 09th 2005
Sep 09th 2005
Sep 09th 2005
allmost everthing they play on BET next is dope
Sep 09th 2005
RE: allmost everthing they play on BET next is dope
Sep 09th 2005
      more like Black Extermination Television
Sep 09th 2005
RE: Little Brother's "Too Intelligent" Says BET......
Sep 09th 2005

KobeStoppa21
Member since Aug 07th 2005
75 posts
Thu Sep-08-05 10:34 PM

Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profileClick to add this author to your buddy listClick to send message via AOL IM
1. "RE: Little Brother's "Too Intelligent" Says BET......"
In response to Reply # 0

that speaks for itself, with that i pose a question, whos worse bet or upn?

Torez
Charter member
19262 posts
Thu Sep-08-05 10:40 PM

Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profileClick to add this author to your buddy listClick to send message via AOL IM
2. "as i said...LB need to SLIM THUG the game...."
In response to Reply # 0

as in, make bet et al come to them,
not the other way around.

which - for LB - is certainly plausible,
since they sold THOUSANDS out the trunk.

“The spirituality of which I speak in principle, I have never attained to.” (c) wesley

TIMP
Member since Dec 26th 2004
12123 posts
Thu Sep-08-05 10:45 PM

Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profileClick to add this author to your buddy list
3. "sad"
In response to Reply # 0

fuck BET

<----holler at a player when you see him in the streets (c)Stuart Scott

www.brucegeetz1.bandcamp.com
http://brucegeetz.blogspot.com/

bigboy
Member since Oct 21st 2004
11930 posts
Thu Sep-08-05 10:56 PM

4. "the state of the hip hop game"
In response to Reply # 0

where is BET when you need them? wonder why murs 3:16 aint get played

Doc Maestro
Member since May 12th 2005
10391 posts
Fri Sep-09-05 01:39 AM

Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profileClick to add this author to your buddy list
5. "they played "risky business" on uncut n/m"
In response to Reply # 4

sheeeeit

Blaxx
Member since Aug 25th 2005
125 posts
Fri Sep-09-05 09:15 AM

6. "RE: they played &quot;risky business&quot; on uncut n/m"
In response to Reply # 5
Fri Sep-09-05 09:32 AM by Blaxx

Risky business wasn't on Murs 3:16 tho. I did see the Bad Man video once tho, on BET Start or whatever show they got on weekday mornings at 9

And as for Slim Thuggin the game, south artists don't need BET, MTV or the magazines to sell records. Slim Thug and Mike Jones can go platinum in Houston alone without Soundscan even pickin up on it. Little Brother won't put up these kind of numbers in North Carolina but they don't need BET to establish their fanbase and they don't really care and that's what we love about them right?

Sootie
Member since Aug 03rd 2005
29 posts
Fri Sep-09-05 10:08 AM

7. "RE: they played &quot;risky business&quot; on uncut n/m"
In response to Reply # 6

Yes we love them for not caring and i'm sure the minstral show will sell well but it makes me mad that people outside of okayplayer and the underground scene have no idea who Phonte, Big Pooh, and 9th are. Outsiders look at rap music and thing it's all about guns, snitches, how much jewelry you have and all this other bullish. LB talks about real stuff thats personal and meaningful on a whole different level and yes this is why we love them because they do know this and that's why i can't wait for the minstral show. Screw Bet Little Brother is the truth and the future oh hip-hop music. it's about time the masses heard litte brother to open their eyes and to change the stereo type of a whole genre that gets ridiculed and looked down apon for the ish Bet plays.

*hhhpppphhhhh,exhales* Sorry I yelled

Battle Max
Member since Feb 04th 2005
596 posts
Fri Sep-09-05 11:00 AM

8. "First Tavis Smiley...."
In response to Reply # 7

now this....FUCK B.E.T.

even big tigger,free and a.j. caught wind and bounced..damn shame they need to bring back 227 re runs.

Endure.

Pittsburgh Slim
Member since Oct 19th 2004
971 posts
Fri Sep-09-05 11:32 AM

9. "RE: they played &quot;risky business&quot; on uncut n/m"
In response to Reply # 7

you sound like a girl dude......

BET is WACK. Someone in the Lesson posted a list supposedly obtained from "his friend who works at BET" which listed all the acts BET has banned from viewing. De La, Beatnuts were def. on that list. Even Mos Def was mos def on the list. If they said they video was wack, that's one thing. Too intelligent?? Where is brother Malcolm when you need him? That is so sad.

www.myspace.com/pittsburghslim

DeeTruth
Member since Sep 09th 2005
3 posts
Fri Sep-09-05 01:10 PM

13. "RE: they played &quot;risky business&quot; on uncut n/m"
In response to Reply # 7

I'm annoyed at how blacks are depicted on BET and other mass media sources. You got the travesty in New Orleans and 'blacks' are seen as thieves and criminals. You got BET showing enough pimp videos to make even the actual 'pimps' of the world jealous.
The poor black kids of America have no one to look up to except for the Ying-Yang Twins, 50 cent, Tony Yayo... I would name more but I've deleted BET off my channel list years back. What happened to uplifting black people with knowledge and good music? Little Brother, in my view is touching the same status as Tribe, and not one video has ever been played. "Too intelligent... damn right they're too intelligent with all that Crap and B***s**t that's on the station!"

bigboy
11930 posts
Fri Sep-09-05 11:53 AM

10. "allmost everthing they play on BET next is dope"
In response to Reply # 0

i dont know. they act like lame re-run R&B hoes, light-skinned pretty boy singers, and flossed out rappers is the only hot thing out. the reason they wont play little brother is because nobody is going to care. these people out here are lazy, uneducated listeners that dont know what real good music is. all they want is a song easy to go along with. BET is trying to attract the crowd, and they only care about the money right now. little brother & murs aint gonna bring in the dollars. BET is not helping the underground to be heard. thats what they are supposed to do because this is all one big struggle.

i would love to see them play some quasimoto though

Shy Guy From The Chi
Member since Mar 24th 2004
132 posts
Fri Sep-09-05 12:17 PM

11. "RE: allmost everthing they play on BET next is dope"
In response to Reply # 10

what,
people don't like
Black Exploitation Television?

bigboy
11930 posts
Fri Sep-09-05 01:08 PM

12. "more like Black Extermination Television"
In response to Reply # 11

GetSweptAway
Member since Jan 25th 2005
1519 posts
Fri Sep-09-05 07:00 PM

14. "RE: Little Brother's "Too Intelligent" Says BET......"
In response to Reply # 0

Wow, they actually decide, we will not play this video because it's not all ass shakin. Would explain somethings.

-----------------------------
Whether its college, religious, or street knowledge/I wanna hear them lyrics make sense, no stink garbage/listen whatever u doin just do it wit skill/and just because it's positive don't mean it's somethin I feel. -OneBeLo

Lobby Okayplayer News Discussion Okay Artist Archives topic #35270 Previous topic | Next topic