Printer-friendly copy Email this topic to a friend
Lobby Okayplayer News Discussion Okay Artist Archives topic #35211

Subject: "~Comm runs on Ghetto Time!!! Tour Journal... It's MONDAY ! !~" Previous topic | Next topic
BKyle
Charter member
2923 posts
Sat Jul-23-05 01:28 AM

Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profileClick to add this author to your buddy list
"~Comm runs on Ghetto Time!!! Tour Journal... It's MONDAY ! !~"
Mon Aug-08-05 06:34 AM by BKyle

Which one of these things is NOT a true statement

1 - "Testify" video shoot is on the 11th and 12th in Los Angeles
2 - Oprah Winfrey was approached to have a part in the "Testify" video
3 - Danny Glover is up for a part in the "Testify" video
4 - Common jumped from a van a threw a bottle that shattered on the car of 2 dudes throwing firecrackers out the window at Comm's van. They sped off going down a three lane one way street in downtown Cincinnati
5 - Common's manager is the 3rd party to the clothing line RyanKenny
6 - Common kicked another person (excused her) off stage
7 - The items above are true statements
8 - The item in number seven is NOT TRUE

With all that said... lemme fill ya in about the past few days

Cool... the crew was on their way to Atlanta. 10 hours. Damn. What a great time to sleep. AND they have a day off when they get there. DOPE. Me. HUGH!!!!! Fat chance for such a luxury such as SLEEP, kids. In The Natti, Cincinnati that is... I toss my luggage on the bus before it leaves at 3am. Common and I have a 5am wake up call because we have a 2 hour flight to Philly for a shoot. He was part of another Knowing is Beautiful commercial in the City of Brotherly Love. Anyway... I figure we'll sleep on the plane... HUGH... fat chance, but I digress. The 2 hour hotel nap did me good. We were only in Philly until our flight to Atlanta at 8pm. What a day.

With the flight arriving at 9am and the shooting schedule showing us to be on-set at 11am... well, let's just say it didn't sit well with our beloved balled-headed one, Common, while on the way to baggage claim.

B.Kyle: "Cool! Rash... we got a good two hours before we have to roll to the set." Dude, then the ugly glance came racing in my direction...

Comm: "Dude. I'm going to sleep. They not gonna have us over there waitin' and watin'. Let them call us when they ready, shit. I'm tired, B"

Hahaha Cool with me... I'm tired but wired anyway. So, Jeff, the hired driver meets us at baggage claim... meanwhile I'm trying to get some things accomplished with the little window of time I have before going to the set. (TMI moment in 20 seconds) I had dip to the OKP office to grab a hard drive, get Comm's barber (who came to Philly for the shoot) to cut my hair before cutting Comm, take a dump (TMI), and get to the post office to retrieve some stuff. (not all in that order mind you). I get back to the hotel and Comm isn't answering his room phone OR cell phone. this bastard thinks he's slick. When we checked, I was on such a mission I didn't know his room number. Damn. callin-callin-callin (this shit aint in my job description dammit... but I've assumed the role of 'Handler' quite a bit lately). 11:30 he answers. 12:15 he's getting his haircut (head, beard, etc). 1pm manager arrives. Now get this, at 1:15 this dude Common gets ready to get in the shower!!! We all look at our watches and then eachother like, "No this ni**a is NOT about to go get in the......" *insert water sound effects* 2pm, we leave the hotel to go 5 blocks to the location. We show-up on set and the shooting crew... believe it or not... is "Just about ready for us"!! hahahaha. How crazy is that. Common added, "See. I told y'all they weren't gonna have me up here to 'Hurry Up' just so I would have to 'Wait'". Man, I aint even mad. The shoot was a much bigger deal than I expected. They had some graff artists paint entire streets and sidewalks, politicians and City Officials came through to be part of the PSA being made on it did... it was kinda big. Watch for that... OKP will keep ya posted.

6 hours later, I tossed and turned on the plane to Atlanta. I was sooo glad to be there! Just... man. I love Atlanta a lot! For whatever the reasons (no TMI this time) I 'managed' to stay up til 5am!!!! I'm a NUT I guess. Moving-right-along... I just have to mention: Thru room service, I paid $40 for some Salmon that was the size of 6 chicken nuggets!!! Bastards. Fabulous hotel in Buckhead too.

I'll have to fill you in with the gritty details of things later on. It's 7:15am and we leave Tampa for Miami at 8am. Gotta pack the Powerbook, hard drives, clothes, tapes... all that crap. Damn, plus I left my new backpack in Baldies (Common) room. Always somethin'. I had a cool time here in Tampa. man. I don't recall being here on a tour before, but the crowd was AMAZIN'!!! Tampa...!! WHOA!! TAMAPA!! Damn y'all were BANANAS. It was soooo loud up in the spot. What a party! I was rockin with y'all!

Peace to Angie in Atlanta for sharing her thoughts. Thanks for the support. Also, Peace to the three white dudes at the show who showed love to me. I don't recall y'alls names but your enthusiasm took the attemtion from your names hahaha. Good looking out fam. Oh... and the 'OKP lurker' sista outside of the Cincinnati show at Bogart's... I hope er'thing worked out with you playing hookie from your own open-mic spoken word event. haha Keep supporting good music

AIGHT peace..... MIAMI here we come! LA... I'll be to you on Tuesday (for 9 hours, then I gotta leave out. Just there for some casting, location scouting... etc) TIL LATER, HAVE A BALL OKAYPLAYERS!!!!! Too tired to proof read. 1.

Brian 'B.Kyle' Atkins

*****End Entry # 5 *****

***** Start of entry #4 *****
Damn I LOVE Chicago.

Damn I didn't get any Garrett's popcorn!

Damn the W Hotel in Chicago is sooo dope.

Damn, it's sooo much more pleasant being outside now than it was during that freezing azz "CORNERS" video shoot. Thinking back, I kinda hated that. Oh speaking of making videos kids.....

.... the music video for "TESTIFY" is in pre-production. It's being shot in LA in a week or so. I HAVE to add that it looks like I'll FINALLY be having a cameo in the video too. "The Light"... no haps, just him and Badu, "Come Close"... no luck. "Ghetto Heaven" remix video with Macy, I wasn't there... "The Corner" ... fat chance. "GO" no place for me in it. THIS TIME IT'S ON AND POPPIN' !!! Watch for me on the small screen y'all. OKAYPLAYER!!!!! (as if that skit on BET's 106 & Park wasn't enough for me) Dag. Even with my own camp of The Roots "Break U Off", "The Seed", "Don't Say Nothin'", " Star", "I Don't Care"... which I edited and co-directed with ?uesto. Damn. It's about time I get on the other side of the camera.

As much as I love Chicago... I'll do LA any day. Chicago would have been VERY disappointed if things stayed the way they were with Common's voice. he was THiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiis close to NOT doing the House Of Blues show the other night. The night before and the day of the show his voice, sounded, like, raw, shit. The morning of the show when we arrived, he reduced himself to writing things down instead of talking. WILD. After medicating (with a concoction his mother suggested) and resting, the show went on without a single glitch. THANKS MOMMA COMMON!!

After the show in St. Louis, our beloved sound engineer Phil was like, "Rashid, you seen okayplayer lately??" while he's pointing to the update photo I took of Common posed with Desitny's Child (AKA "Beyonce and The Beyoncettes") he rose and made his way to the laptop askin, "Naw, what they sayin'??" Phil laughed and replied,"They sayin how come you didn't grip up that thigh and azz when you had the chance" haha. Common leaned over to look and just laughed as he replied, "Shiiiiet, I aint havin Jay-Z after my azz for gripping up his lady on the damn red carpet hahaha"

IF the pics appear to not be 'very' clear, pardon me for the grain or any fuzzyness. It's not your monitor, or eyes going bad from all this okayplayering you've been doing. I took that photo with the Treo 650 cell phone so I could have my OWN photo of Beyonce & The Beyoncettes for my DAMN self. I plan on adding my head to Comm's body in Photoshop later on hahaha in the meantime, I'm working on getting a bunch of tour photos and stuff for the journal age for you guys. I hope you find it to be a lot of fun. Well, in more okayplayer photo & red carpet Treo cell phone picture taking action B.Kyle style....

... I'll have the camera phone blazing hott when we get to the red carpet of the VMA's in Miami on Aug. 29th too. I'll try and get those zany and wild pics that the press won't hook you up with. Keep riding with me... and let's keep having fun on this tour with this journal experience. PEACE... see ya on the road.

Damn, It's rugged on only 5 hours of sleep per night with a non-stop schedule

Damn, the tour bus is SOOOO bangin'!!

Damn, I wish I had the energy to proof read this entry

Damn, l can't wait to hit Atlanta! HOTLANTA here I cum.

Damn, the St. Louis Ritz-Carlton feels so homely.

Damn... it's 5am and I have to be on the bus to head to The Natti at 6:30am

Damn, this tour schedule / life-on-the-road "crap" is a b*tch!... but...

Damn... I love life. God Bless!

Brian 'B.Kyle' Atkins

***End of entry #4 Thursday, August 4th***

** begins entry #3 Saturday, July 30th**

What a week!!!

!!!! Pictures coming soon !!! Video clips coming soon !!! ... all on the new Tour Journal Page coming soon!!! yay.

I know it's been a while... but thangs are ALWAYS hectic. There are so many things I need to share but lemme turn down the TV. This Dave Chappelle season 2 DVD is playing... AGAIN. Common and Kanye each did a 3 song performance for AOL right. They did an on camera interview together that was HILARIOUS!! the reported dude kept sayin' sh*t like, "How exciting is it for you to be performing on AOL... isn't it hott... how enthused are you... etc" Kanye was a total crack up when he realized the reporter dude must really wanted them to be ECSTATIC. just when dude was rephrasing the SAME question, Kanye had EVRYONE laughing like hell when he was like, "Wait wait, wait... this isn't gonna be the high point or the most exciting thing of my day. I'm sorry, but you trying to make us say some shit like 'Oh my god we're so thrilled and beside ourselves'... and stuff. But, like. It's no audience, no crowd, it's only 3 songs, and we can do as many takes as we need. It's not really all-that exciting really. We happy as hell to be here, but damn." I'll show you the footage. It's pretty damn funny.

"UNITYYYY!!!"

oh, last Thursdays okayplayer News Update photo of me (on the right of course) and Common was taken during a photo shoot on a not-so-backpacker, conscious hip-hop incense burnin', crochet pants havin' 60 foot yacht off the coast of Marina Del Rey a few weeks ago (before the European tour). It was a great day, but that didn't stop us from looking like a broke-azz Crocket and Tubbs from Miami Vice. It may SEEEEEM like it's all fun and games, but...

... Getting time to sleep on tour is like finding crude oil oooosing from the soil in your backyard. It's okay when you are partying a lil bit... but when you are trying to sleep and you hear Dave Chappelle DVD season 2 playing in the front lounge of the bus... it's hard to not wanna stay up for a lil while. "IT'S A CELEBRATION!!!" Let's go climb in our bunk so I can tell you what's been up as we drift off to sleep. You got your blanket in there...? Cool. So dig it... lemme tell how Canadian Immigration, customs, passport place... whatever, acted like pains-in-the-azz. We thought we struck gold when we had the 10 hour ride to Toronto from NYC. This was the PERFECT time to crawl in the bunk and get some sleep. WRONGK!! WRONGK!!! So wrong I had to add a 'K' to it. Just as I get into a DEEEEP sleep, we reach the border into Canada where the officer figures we took a little too long to gget our passports collected. They asked all of us to step off the bus while the agents did their paperwork. WHAT JERKS. I wanted to ask them, "What did the 5 fingers say to the face...????" and keep it moving. So to keep the moment light, as they announced our names individually to give us back our passports, we had the whole place laughing as we each acted like we were award winners walking up to receive a trophy. Yelling, "I won!! I won!! I'm rich, Bitch!!!" in Canadian customs is what they desrve for breaking our rest. I thanked my parents, wiped fake tears, then thanked the academy and all the little people that made my passport possible. Then climbed my azz right back in this bunk (while Chappelle season 2 DVD outtakes played in the background... AGAIN! ("Shoot the J... SHOOT IT!!!") I'm sure the customs dudes wanted to say, "It's DARKNESS everybody!! DARKNESS IS SPREADING! ! !" Oh well, they shoulda never gave us Ni**as MONEY ! ! ! ! !

"FU*K-YO-COUCH, nikkugh!!!! FU*K... YO... COUCH!!!"

*pause to yawn* Pardon me yawning, I'll get some sleep in a minute. How is the air for you? You cold? Just slide that lever to the side to close your vent a little if you need to. Good, you got it. Yo, I gotta tell ya about Detroit! As they call it "The D"When Common is finished his part of the show, we eventually make our way to the merchandise counter where he signs t-shirts and CD's. It gets a bit crazy, loud, and hectic up there, but it's GREAT to see people happy (people can request an autograph in the most "UNLIKELY" of places. lemme tell ya). The time spent in Detroit was a 'beautiful one'. =) Man... lemme tell you how after we left the merch counter... I got sooo open after taking a healthy dose of CRYStal... hahaha. I quickly determined I didn't need sleep until I got on the bus at 5am. What a great feelin' a little bit of Crys can bring. I gotta make it back to "The D" (FYI The D stands for Dangerous)

"I WISH I HAD FOUR HANDS....."

I gotta backtrack a little. Damn. How could I friggin save this for last?!!? Toronto. I repeat Tugh-RON-TOE!! Amazing, hott, thick, hyped, and I'm not just talking about the crowd!! T.Dot was by far, the best live shows I've attended... and I've seen plenty. I may have to show a video clip or two of that night. From the first note it was a non-stop PARTY!! It was nearly 3,000 people in the Kool Hause!! What a great show for another Sold Out crowd. he truly has a great show. Meanwhile, rappers Frank & Dank rolled through, K-OS showed love... and it was also cool meeting up with director Little X again (who is from Toronto). Y'all aughta know who he is. Brilliant. All I need now is tall ice-cold bottle of 'Samuel Jackson' beer to put me to sleep.

(I'm sooooo tempted to challenge the manhood and sexuality of someone on this tour. I don't wanna start no beef, but if I did it would surely be Legendary.)

Aight, let's go to sleep. "Darkness is spreading!!!" Zzzzzzzzzzzzzzz - Brian 'B.Kyle' Atkins

** end entry #3 **

** start of entry #2 on Monday July, 25th**

The Philly show, my home town, was insane. Common feels that that was one of the best Philly crowds he's ever had. It was HOTT. The guest list was THICKER than the current magazine cover photo of 'FREE' of B.E.T. It's like that because...

1) traditionally Philly, Chicago, Atlanta, and LA are always the ridiculous places to have guests...

2) John Legend has deep roots in the Philly area... much like Common, De La, and Rahzel

3) the KOOL concerts have a political corporate-like thang with the cancer-stick company inviting vendors and other life taking conspirators to see the concert. Well, their kids at least. "Hey Cancer Spreading Assistant store owner, here are some tix for you and your Nicotine-Free kids." (What's funny is the Afro-Am's at the shows ARE NOT the ones smoking. It ALWAYS the non-blacks huffing and puffin' away. That's revealing... and somewhat refreshing.)

4) there was a 'Picnic in the Park' in one of the grittiest grimiest hoods of South West Philly which was leading to the Celebrity basketball event the following day. It was designed to have kids of the inner-city have a good time and 'connect' with celebs that they wouldn't ordinarily get to connect with. Philly native (and Will Smith's right-hand-man) Charlie Mack it put all together by kicking off the picnic in the park with 'star - studded' surprise guest for the kids. The huge crowd of people were losing their minds as one person after another got called to the stage...

- Larenz Tate... and his two Smurf brothers were there to complete the trio.

- Roxanne Shante. YES. The First Lady of rap was in the damn buildin'. Dag... ya'll young whiper-schnappers don't nothin about that though. I digress already.

- That light skinned comedianne-kinda lady from that B.E.T. talk show with the 4 other sistas (incl. Lisa Rae). ummm.... yeah, pretty much. Moving right along....

- Nick Canon... this dude is in TWO big movies this summer. Damn. AND he has an album coming out that Kanye is helping with. (back in February, Nick played me and Common a song he made about his Mom deciding to not abort but to give birth and bring him into the world. Honestly, it's dope as hell.)

- Trichina Arnold from MARTIN.... I saw her WAAAAAY up close while on the red carpet at the B.E.T. awards and when I was tired of walking around following the huge split of her designer dress... I rested my elbow on her pertruding azz. MY GOD. It makes NO SENSE!! She looked rather busted and disgusted at the picnic though. I guess she dresses up nice. AND...

- Gina from MARTIN (her actor husband Duane Martin was there too. I guess he knows Philly ni66az WILL push up on his jawn at the slightest chance. He workin as Actor/ Husband/ SECURITY... aka Cock-Blocker

- The heavey-set, porkly... FAT twin brothers 'Hurcules' from The Klumps/ Nutty Professor were there too. Whoa. It looked like 6 Ruben Studdards up there

- Fatin and Asia of Kindred. Now THAT is the new era Ashford & Simpson of modern soul. Can't nobody really f*ck with their skills on the Twin Talents of Love tip. Watch for their next album!!!! PHILLY REPRESENT!!!

- Lisa Rae was holdin it down. Period. YOU JUST GO. This is your time to shine in this game. Feel free to step on my foot again whenever you want to! (I'm still waiting for the swelling to go down on my bunion.)

- Tatiana Ali (Fresh Prince) was there too. Damn... is she a grown azz woman now or what?!?! I felt a little R.Kelly-ish with 'The Thang For The Young Girl' for a SLIT SECOND until I saw how damn grown she is (in the words of the proud Mom on the Dave Chappelle show "That's my Robert. Always peein' on somebody") She was cute but looked nervous as hell. I'll pass though. She looked too nervous and out-of-place. She has ZERO NOPE NADA NONE NO hood in her. NEXT!!!!! (I LOVE confidence!)

- Boris Kudjo.Yes ladies. Boris! I even did a double take like, "Who is the light-skinned dude trying to be all smooth?? Who does that ni66a think he (pause)... Oh dag! Aint that Boris!?! PLAY ON PLAYA! I've seen ya wife... you lucky, fortunate, and blessed bastard!!". hahaha

There were some other folks but I have to look at the video footage I shot in order to help me remember more. ANYWAY.... the crowd lost their friggin MINDS... went APE SHIT... and HOLLERED their damn heads off MOST for Nick... Common.... and Larenz.

Out of the blue, the DJ starts playing 'The Corner' and Common is asked to take the mic. Comm hammers out a verse of the song and sets the 95 degree thermostat in the summer park to 110 degrees as the crowd got crunk. With this crowd, they can SURELY relate to shit going down on the corner. To see er'dody on the stage singing along too put some shit in perspective for me. Common had the whole event in the park MAKE SENSE. His song had the people on stage and the audience singing about hood-life and the beauty of struggling "together". We can all relate to struggle. "Ballplayers and Actors be knowing my rhymes" damn... they do. I see how how hip hop can reach and impact EVERYONE from all walks of life. First hand, I'm seeing Common's music and current album act as a healthy dose of hip hop AROUND THE WORLD. What a great day... and great way to celebrate togetherness while in the City of Brotherly Love.

What a blessing.

We'll chat again when I get a few. Thanks for readin'

Brian 'B.Kyle' Atkins

** THE END of entry #2 **
*** below begins the 1st journal entry Saturday, July 23rd****

Let me start off by saying, "IT REALLY REALLY BROKE MY HEART to have a scheduling conflict and not be able to shoot video for Jill Scott on the SUGAR WATER FESTIVAL tour. That is my HEART. We'll tear sh*t down next time Jill!!! Thanks so very much for considering and calling on ME to work with you guys".

BUT... In the spirit of The Good Old Days of okayplayer.com, I'll make an effort to bring you the good, the bad, the ugly, the truth, and the ignorant of what happens behind the scenes of a tour. I'm on tour shooting video production for Common, and there are a lotta things that folks MIGHT wanna have some insight on so I want to bring you guys along. I figured it's about time I try this journal because I've already done the BE promo tour, we also just got back from Europe, and now we are doing one of the 1st national tours. This time out, when Common isn't doing shows on his own, Rahzel, De La Soul and John Legend are all part of the KOOL TOUR shows. I want to bring you along this AMAZING journey so you can experience things as 1st hand as possible. Tour life can be a bitch so buckle up.

Go ahead and open the door of the Tout Bus so I can introduce you to the cast of characters... AKA "Your New Tour Family Members" :::

Common : AKA "Rashid"... "Cornbread"... "Baldie" He's the artist, umm the one people pay to see. Right. No need to dwell on this guy. He is among my favorite human beings alive, period.

Omar : AKA "4Bar"... "O-Mizzle" Plays the keys. You may know em when you see em. He's the 'dude with the cool beard' who has played with The Roots, Jay Z's 'Fade to Black' concert movie... I mean, the guru is everywhere.

DJ Dummy : or just "Dummy"... That's his name. You won't forget THAT or his skills on the 1's and 2's during the show. BRILLIANT DJ. His solo is worth the price of admission

Kareem : AKA "Reem Riggs"... "Reem" In the lab, he hammers out the percussions over on stage right. He KILLS IT. There are times in the show when all you'll want to do is focus on him. The ladies might do that wether he was playing or not.

Phil : Sound Engineer AKA "Foot"... "P.Diddy"... "Big Phil" He's a really tall guy who stands at the control board in the middle of the concert. He's responsible for how the audience hears the damn show. (Damn. Talk about responsiobility) GREAT DUDE! Cool and collected. When you see him, say "WASSUP PHIL!!!" cause he's an okayplayer too.

Olivia : AKA "Liv Love" ... "Liveee" She's often mistaken for Comm's light skinned sexxy azz girlfriend when she is actually his Personal Assistant. (It's okay ladies, nothing is happnin' there) You'll see her at shows always within a few feet of him handling biz. Where there's him, there's her.

J.B. : AKA "Jay Billa"... "J Beezlugh" jack of all trades... but I wouldn't trade him for another Stage Lighting Designer at all. He keeps the party going... both on and off the stage. He's often found at his control panel near Phil at a lotta shows.

Saunte : "Code Red".... "SaunTivo" Life Style Manager who handles all his affiars from meeting with press, to over-seeing his studio session details. Basicly, she keeps the ship tight... and afloat.

Rock :: Dassit. "Rock" Much like Phil, you can't miss him either... because when you look to the side of the stage, THERE IS... big dude with the locks! He handles the way the sound levels are for the artist and band while on stage. When peformers say, "Turn me up in the monitors!?"... they are talking to our version of "Rock" the sound man. GREAT friggin dude!

Me... B.Kyle AKA "B"... "Brian" (oh, so very clever guys) You aren't gonna see me in person this time. I'm WAAAAY low key at the KOOL Sponsored shows. During the nights with KOOL I won't be shooting the performance so I'll be mixed in the crowd getting rowdy, sweatin', and keeping the party crackin'. See tall dude w/ video camera any and everywhere else though...? that'd prolly be me.

In getting things started, I'd have to back-track a couple of days but there's TOOOO MUCH to cover. I could talk about D'angelo being on the "GO" remix which is ACTUALLY an entirely new song and sound all together... how the band feels the crowd was at the show (yes, the crowd is judged too)... I'll post video clips of certain things or events that go on (don't ask me for performance clips, I'll post what I have time to do)... I may do a Q&A so you can ask Common or the crew guys & girls anything you want.

I'll keep you ahead of the game with exclusive stuff. I may even give you the lock combination of the tour bus. Pack your bags and let's hit the road "B.Kyle Style"

! ! ! ! ! ! RULES and NOTICES ! ! ! ! !

- No Pooping on the bus! Number ONES only!

- IF YOU DON'T CARE ABOUT THE "UN-KNOWNS" THAT GO ON DURING TOURS... spare us all of your negative energy and DO NOT get involved with this THREAD

- No sleeping in other peoples bunks!!!

- I'm not offering free passes to shows this time.

- Don't INBOX me unless you are a female that is single and a member of a royal family who is also heiress to a kazillion dollar fortune which includes co-ownership of the planet Earth. If you DO NOT fit this description... DO NOT INBOX ME.

- Only the tour bus driver can drive the tour bus! He's driving fast enough... relax your drunk ass.

- YES, I will be asking certain videographers to link up with me to do some shooting when I come to their city. People at the shows ALWAYS have cool things they want to say on camera to recoding artists. I'm always with Comm so I don't make it to the show early enough to shoot people in line, the marquee, and other B-Roll footage. With that... I may do some "collaborating". (I may have my assistant handle the coordinating)

- Don't check out of your hotel room without paying the incidentles!!! Phone calls, internet connection, snack bar, room service... YOU KNOW THAT SH*T ADDS UP.

- Don't complain about this Tour Journal being within a POST. There are reasons, AND THEY ARE LAME. I don't like BLOGs, Dan and Don have their hands full doing other stuff to design a truly dope ass journal page (I'm actually hoping they have more important shit to do). BUT if any cool kid wants to be responsible for the B.Kyle's Tour Journal... I could use the help. Just reach out to Don or Dan

- Don't be late for Lobby Call *(that's when the crew agrees to assemble in the lobby/bus to head out to the next city)*

- I MIGHT ignore an "Ask B.Kyle a Question" post if the questions are dumb-as-hell

- Don't lose your "ALL ACCESS / VIP" laminated tour pass!!!

- Use a Condom

stay tuned for details from the great experiences of life on the road. I'll post entries WHEN I CAN. Just have fun with me.

Brian "B.Kyle" Atkins

Printer-friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote | Top

Topic Outline
Subject Author Message Date ID
now its "GO"?
Jul 23rd 2005
Can't Wait To Read More, Thiz Time I'll Read More Than A Weekz Worth
Jul 23rd 2005
keep them entries comin
Jul 23rd 2005
'bout time...lol
Jul 23rd 2005
RE: Oh, Fu*k it !... I'll start the TOUR JOURNAL now
Jul 23rd 2005
i'M JEALOUS!!
Jul 25th 2005
      RE: i'M JEALOUS!!
Jul 25th 2005
yay! jus like old times........thanks!
Jul 23rd 2005
yes im so excited. lets go
Jul 23rd 2005
looking forward to this
Jul 23rd 2005
B.Kyle ... on the count of 3, GO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Jul 25th 2005
this deserves an anchor - thanks!
Jul 25th 2005
sounds hot.
Jul 26th 2005
Somebody help this brother out!?
Jul 26th 2005
naaah... don't wanna anchor it...
Jul 26th 2005
phil strong is on okp?
Jul 27th 2005
what are the tour dates anyway?
Jul 27th 2005
RE: what are the tour dates anyway?
Jul 27th 2005
some tour dates
Jul 27th 2005
      Thanks
Jul 31st 2005
Is dj dummy the one spinning for common on
Aug 01st 2005
RE: Is dj dummy the one spinning for common on
Aug 01st 2005
LMAO @ Kanye on the AOL interview
Aug 01st 2005
Brother Donte from Milwaukee
Aug 01st 2005
RE: YES!!! Common TOUR JOURNAL ~Updated Saturday 30th~
Aug 01st 2005
RE: YES!!! Common TOUR JOURNAL ~Updated Saturday 30th~
Aug 01st 2005
good thing yall had fun in philly
Aug 01st 2005
"How They Do it in The Nati"
Aug 08th 2005
Wait, lemme get this straight: B.Kyle actually knows Common?!?!?!?!??!?!...
Aug 08th 2005
RE: Wait, lemme get this straight: B.Kyle actually knows Common?!?!?!?!?...
Aug 08th 2005
Aug 08th 2005
Aug 08th 2005
Desitny's Child (AKA "Beyonce and The Beyoncettes") ....LOL
Aug 08th 2005
RE: ~Comm runs on Ghetto Time!!! Tour Journal... It's MONDAY ! !~
Aug 08th 2005
Aug 08th 2005
Common always gives a helluva show
Aug 08th 2005
      RE: Common always gives a helluva show
Aug 08th 2005
i hope kyle will be cheesing hard on the video...
Aug 08th 2005
B. Kyle
Aug 09th 2005
Aug 09th 2005
Aug 09th 2005
1UP
Aug 17th 2005
Aug 17th 2005
Aug 17th 2005
Why you screaming?
Aug 18th 2005
Aug 17th 2005
Aug 17th 2005
Legendary??
Aug 17th 2005
Excused her off stage
Aug 17th 2005
RE: Excused her off stage
Aug 18th 2005
He did you a favor....
Aug 18th 2005
Lol....
Aug 18th 2005
      RE: Lol....
Aug 18th 2005
Can we get footage of Kanye snapping on AOL dude?
Aug 24th 2005
No new updates????
Aug 24th 2005
RE: No new updates????
Aug 25th 2005
Sep 09th 2005
Sep 09th 2005

Member since Mar 01st 2005
9915 posts
Sat Jul-23-05 01:52 AM

Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profileClick to add this author to your buddy list
1. "now its "GO"?"
In response to Reply # 0

d called me and sang/played told me it was "they say"---then again this was 2 weeks ago so maybe sht done changed.

id roll with they say

maybe they did both

NO! LIST
Tom Petty
M J
Zeppelin
Springsteen
Neil Young
Eagles
Ray Charles
Madonna
Chuck Berry
South Park TV Songs
Justin Timberlake
"Food Glorious Food"
"Twilight Zone" theme
"A Boy Named Sue"
"Night Moves"
"The Situation"
"Superbowl Shuffle"

Grand_Styles
Charter member
11706 posts
Sat Jul-23-05 03:47 AM

Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profileClick to add this author to your buddy listClick to send message via AOL IM
2. "Can't Wait To Read More, Thiz Time I'll Read More Than A Weekz Worth"
In response to Reply # 0

I uzually get bored after a couple of updatez but thiz soundz kinda interestin' than uzual, I hope.

Peace & Pizza Greaze!

Anotha Keyztylebonic Vizion Prezentation!

http://myspace.com/GrandStyleDecypher
http://soundclick.com/GrandStylezlistenstation
http://www.ustream.tv/channel/halftimewnyu The Halftime Show (Wednesdays 10:30pm-1:00am)

rl9
Charter member
4494 posts
Sat Jul-23-05 06:52 AM

3. "keep them entries comin"
In response to Reply # 0

always a nice read.

''i went from bashful to asshole to international''- CdoubleO

gravity508
Charter member
16465 posts
Sat Jul-23-05 09:24 AM

Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profileClick to add this author to your buddy list
4. "'bout time...lol"
In response to Reply # 0

can't wait to read....
!~!~!~!~!~!~!~!~!~!~!~!~!~!~!~!~!~!~!~!~!~!~!~!~!~!
Hello, is it me your looking for?

www.mn8online.com
http://www.myspace.com/gravity508

Troubled Spirits
Member since Nov 05th 2003
1934 posts
Sat Jul-23-05 10:39 AM

Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profileClick to add this author to your buddy listClick to send message via AOL IM
5. "RE: Oh, Fu*k it !... I'll start the TOUR JOURNAL now"
In response to Reply # 0

Will you be at the Pepsi Smash show in Miami August 13 (Kanye, Com, Legend)?

If so, I won tickets (no tickets for sale, its a promotional show) and will be there....

http://adrianruhi.wordpress.com/

dundee
Member since Jul 14th 2005
1430 posts
Mon Jul-25-05 12:57 PM

9. "i'M JEALOUS!!"
In response to Reply # 5

"I'm done......."

Follow my Tweets https://twitter.com/#!/1yankeesfan

Troubled Spirits
1934 posts
Mon Jul-25-05 03:20 PM

11. "RE: i'M JEALOUS!!"
In response to Reply # 9

if you from south florida, go to www.wedr.com.... they're giving away 2 tickets a day online till the day of the show...

plus power 96, 99jamz, and 103.5 the beat are all giving away tickets on the air...

and for the record, me, and 3 friends, each won 4 tickets... 16 in total, muhahaha....

meechelle
Member since Aug 08th 2003
1482 posts
Sat Jul-23-05 03:49 PM

Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profileClick to add this author to your buddy list
6. "yay! jus like old times........thanks!"
In response to Reply # 0

._ _ _ _ _.|_ _ || _
[ | )(/,(/,(_.[ )(/,||(/,

chicky259
Member since May 01st 2005
3581 posts
Sat Jul-23-05 04:54 PM

7. "yes im so excited. lets go"
In response to Reply # 0

http://www.myspace.com/chicky259

Before I was just living my life with a dream but now I live my life for my dreams

<<< RED was my boyfriend back then

legendary9
Member since Jul 30th 2003
2096 posts
Sat Jul-23-05 06:04 PM

8. "looking forward to this"
In response to Reply # 0

:)

currently listening to..
-bloc party>silent alarm
-missy elliot>the cookbook
-raheem devaughn>the love experience

http://www.myspace.com/2616336

_JP
Member since Jan 29th 2003
2433 posts
Mon Jul-25-05 01:35 PM

10. "B.Kyle ... on the count of 3, GO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!"
In response to Reply # 0

I support this post

<------- The most important release of 2006, coming on July 23.
UPDATE: It's a boy!!!!!!

meechelle
Member since Aug 08th 2003
1482 posts
Mon Jul-25-05 08:01 PM

12. "this deserves an anchor - thanks!"
In response to Reply # 0

._ _ _ _ _.|_ _ || _
[ | )(/,(/,(_.[ )(/,||(/,

EthioHoney
Member since Sep 21st 2002
9560 posts
Tue Jul-26-05 11:31 AM

13. "sounds hot."
In response to Reply # 0

good read also...

@ethiozilla

onethree
Member since May 12th 2005
513 posts
Tue Jul-26-05 04:33 PM

14. "Somebody help this brother out!?"
In response to Reply # 0

And why isn't post this already anchored?

BKyle
Charter member
2923 posts
Tue Jul-26-05 04:48 PM

15. "naaah... don't wanna anchor it..."
In response to Reply # 14

... I chose not to anchor this one.

the Journal page is being developed as we speak. I just gotta have enough content (pics, captions, video...) and material other than plain-ol-text to make it intersting.

In time, the jounal will be making it's way top it's own Journal page... off the Boards section. That'll come soon. If the journal for now is just text, why bother having a boring ass page dedicated to nothing but more friggin text. hahaha.

Until then, no anchor... just watch for the Updates to hit pages 1 and 2.

Brian 'B.Kyle' Atkins

MikeLove
Charter member
13221 posts
Wed Jul-27-05 03:22 AM

16. "phil strong is on okp?"
In response to Reply # 0

PHIL-N-NATE REPRESENT!!!!

<----- The reason your team's players jump into the stands after a TD

okpdan
Member since Aug 12th 2003
2452 posts
Wed Jul-27-05 03:08 PM

17. "what are the tour dates anyway?"
In response to Reply # 0

hah

Troubled Spirits
1934 posts
Wed Jul-27-05 04:56 PM

18. "RE: what are the tour dates anyway?"
In response to Reply # 17

yeah, i'd like to know too... especially with the August 13 scheduling conflict (in Miami with Kanye and JL for Pepsi Smash.... and in Houston with JL and De La)

gusto
Charter member
26878 posts
Wed Jul-27-05 05:04 PM

19. "some tour dates"
In response to Reply # 17

*not all with common

7/18 Baltimore Ram's Head Live (w/Common, De La Soul, Rahzel
with DJ JS-1)
7/19 Bermuda National Sports Center (w/ Lyfe)
7/21 Boston The Roxy (w/Common, De La Soul, Rahzel with DJ
JS-1)
7/22 Atlantic City House of Blues (w/ Lyfe)
7/23 Philly Electric Factory (w/Common, De La Soul, Rahzel
with DJ JS-1)
7/25 Cleveland House of Blues (w/Common, De La Soul, Rahzel
with DJ JS-1)
7/26 Springfield, OH Veteran's Park Auditorium (w/ Lyfe)
7/28 Detroit, MI Royal Oak Theatre (w/Common, De La Soul,
Rahzel with DJ JS-1)
7/29 Columbus, OH Newport Music Hall (w/ Lyfe)
7/30 Milwaukee The Rave (w/Common, De La Soul, Rahzel with DJ
JS-1)
8/1 Chicago, IL House of Blues (w/Common, De La Soul, Rahzel
with DJ JS-1)
8/3 St. Louis, MO The Pageant (w/Common, De La Soul, Rahzel with
DJ JS-1)
8/4 Nashville, TN Riverfront Park (w/ Lyfe)
8/5 Memphis, TN Orpheum Theatre (w/ Lyfe)
8/6 Atlanta The Tabernacle (w/Common, De La Soul, Rahzel
with DJ JS-1)
8/8 Miami Mansion (w/Common, De La Soul, Rahzel with DJ
JS-1)
8/10 New Orleans, LA House of Blues (w/Common, De La Soul, Rahzel
with DJ JS-1)
8/12 San Antonio Sunset Station (w/ Lyfe)
8/13 Houston, TX Hush (w/Common, De La Soul, Rahzel with
DJ JS-1)
8/15 Dallas, TX Gypsy Tea Room (w/Common, De La Soul, Rahzel
with DJ JS-1)
8/18 San Diego, CA Humphries (w/ Lyfe)
8/19 San Francisco, CA The Fillmore (w/Common, De La Soul, Rahzel
with DJ JS-1)

..|.,

If you still don't know what Jade Typhoon is, click here:
http://jadetyphoon.blogspot.com/ (WS)

fowler
Member since Apr 06th 2004
871 posts
Sun Jul-31-05 09:28 AM

20. "Thanks"
In response to Reply # 19

4 the entry, look forward to seeing some of these vids

thislovejawns
Member since Oct 21st 2004
381 posts
Mon Aug-01-05 10:48 AM

21. "Is dj dummy the one spinning for common on"
In response to Reply # 0

the live performance of the food on the chappelle show?

RTQL8
Charter member
586 posts
Mon Aug-01-05 02:37 PM

23. "RE: Is dj dummy the one spinning for common on"
In response to Reply # 21

>the live performance of the food on the chappelle show?
>

yup that's DJ Dummy alright...

--------------------------

_JP
2433 posts
Mon Aug-01-05 12:46 PM

22. "LMAO @ Kanye on the AOL interview"
In response to Reply # 0

I can't wait to see that footage.

>They did an on camera interview together that was HILARIOUS!!
>the reported dude kept sayin' sh*t like, "How exciting is it
>for you to be performing on AOL... isn't it hott... how
>enthused are you... etc" Kanye was a total crack up when he
>realized the reporter dude must really wanted them to be
>ECSTATIC. just when dude was rephrasing the SAME question,
>Kanye had EVRYONE laughing like hell when he was like, "Wait
>wait, wait... this isn't gonna be the high point or the most
>exciting thing of my day. I'm sorry, but you trying to make us
>say some shit like 'Oh my god we're so thrilled and beside
>ourselves'... and stuff. But, like. It's no audience, no
>crowd, it's only 3 songs, and we can do as many takes as we
>need. It's not really all-that exciting really. We happy as
>hell to be here, but damn." I'll show you the footage. It's
>pretty damn funny.

brother_donte
Member since Dec 03rd 2002
1073 posts
Mon Aug-01-05 02:39 PM

24. "Brother Donte from Milwaukee"
In response to Reply # 0

Yo BKyle,
This is Bro. Donte from Milwaukee. I spoke to you while you were going out to grab your camera from the tour bus. It was cool to meet you outside of the cyberworld, and I hope everything goes well with the rest of the tour, as well as your filmmaking endeavors.

Forgive me for being a street teamer, but if you guys are looking for a regional opening act in the Midwest...
http://www.blackelephantmusic.com

BROTHER_DONTE
mcfaddendonte@hotmail.com

A profile on Milwaukee's poetry scene:
http://www.mkeonline.com/story.asp?id=333698

little bredren
Member since Apr 18th 2005
3286 posts
Mon Aug-01-05 02:42 PM

25. "RE: YES!!! Common TOUR JOURNAL ~Updated Saturday 30th~"
In response to Reply # 0

hey BKyle, r u serious that the Toronto show was one of the best you've ever been to? damn, if it is, that's amazing. it was lots of fun

Music, movies, and everything in between: http://recordinglivefromsomewhere.com & http://twitter.com/marko_orlic

sandmann
Member since Mar 11th 2005
200 posts
Mon Aug-01-05 03:35 PM

26. "RE: YES!!! Common TOUR JOURNAL ~Updated Saturday 30th~"
In response to Reply # 25

SEE YOU IN TAMPA, FLORIDA

This Sunday... Looking fowarded to a great show....

www.djsandman.com

chicky259
3581 posts
Mon Aug-01-05 11:15 PM

27. "good thing yall had fun in philly"
In response to Reply # 0

i heard the concert was crazy.

Before I was just living my life with a dream but now I live my life for my dreams

SmalleyeriZ
Member since Jun 17th 2002
3592 posts
Mon Aug-08-05 08:25 AM

28. ""How They Do it in The Nati""
In response to Reply # 0

Yo.....i personally want to apologize for the retardation of the Nati cats to you all. Did this happen after you all were comin from the "Dreams" spot? Cuz that club is RIGHT NEAR CRACK CENTRAL...but yea the afterspot was nice man...Comm was real cool with everyone and i got a chance to build with him for a few......even took my cd on stage....lol...

but yea...atleast no crack fiends approached you....like they always do..when ur in that part of town...lol..

"Sling Shots To Ya Soul, Im Dennis The Menance Man"
http://www.SMALLEYEZ.BANDCAMP.COM <-- From The Sol FREE DOWNLOAD!
http://www.CheSingTheCool.com <- The Blog

_JP
2433 posts
Mon Aug-08-05 12:35 PM

29. "Wait, lemme get this straight: B.Kyle actually knows Common?!?!?!?!??!?!..."
In response to Reply # 0

angiebabe3679
Member since Jun 24th 2005
13675 posts
Mon Aug-08-05 12:47 PM

30. "RE: Wait, lemme get this straight: B.Kyle actually knows Common?!?!?!?!?..."
In response to Reply # 29

where have you been

_JP
2433 posts
Mon Aug-08-05 02:29 PM

33. "RE: Wait, lemme get this straight: B.Kyle actually knows Common?!?!?!?!?..."
In response to Reply # 30

I was just joking man

angiebabe3679
13675 posts
Mon Aug-08-05 02:37 PM

34. "RE: Wait, lemme get this straight: B.Kyle actually knows Common?!?!?!?!?..."
In response to Reply # 33
Mon Aug-08-05 02:41 PM by angiebabe3679

OK. Cause I thought we were gonna have to sit down and have a chat

conesbitt1
Charter member
1080 posts
Mon Aug-08-05 01:43 PM

31. "Desitny's Child (AKA "Beyonce and The Beyoncettes") ....LOL"
In response to Reply # 0

classic and so true. god bless them though, they try so hard to prove their a real group.LOL beyonce, Big Matt, and her cowriter/muse run that ship.

www.myspace.com/darkaqua_30

tsigns
Member since Aug 20th 2002
162 posts
Mon Aug-08-05 01:55 PM

Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profileClick to add this author to your buddy listClick to send message via AOL IMClick to send message via ICQ
32. "RE: ~Comm runs on Ghetto Time!!! Tour Journal... It's MONDAY ! !~"
In response to Reply # 0

B. Kyle taking Com "back to the root!" haha

my space:
http://profiles.myspace.com/tsigns

The MIC: It Sounds Nice!!!

Troubled Spirits
1934 posts
Mon Aug-08-05 04:18 PM

35. "RE: ~Comm runs on Ghetto Time!!! Tour Journal... It's MONDAY ! !~"
In response to Reply # 0

Damn... Miami on monday... LA tues and wed.... Texas... than back to Miami saturday!

I'll be at Pepsi Smash in Miami Saturday (Common, John Legend, Kanye).... tell Common to give us Miami-ans a helluva show, please!

sweet ruffian
Member since Jul 11th 2003
8129 posts
Mon Aug-08-05 04:38 PM

36. "Common always gives a helluva show"
In response to Reply # 35

>I'll be at Pepsi Smash in Miami Saturday (Common, John Legend,
>Kanye).... tell Common to give us Miami-ans a helluva show,
>please!

Never seen this man not give 110% on stage! Just wear some comfortable shoes so you can jump along.

kikis
Member since Aug 07th 2005
8 posts
Mon Aug-08-05 07:31 PM

37. "RE: Common always gives a helluva show"
In response to Reply # 36

I agree with you there. I saw Common on Saturday night in Atlanta and he came out WILD!!! He was everywhere! And I was loving every minute of it! I'm sitting here right now thinking to myself "Can I make it to Miami next week?"

chicky259
3581 posts
Mon Aug-08-05 10:13 PM

38. "i hope kyle will be cheesing hard on the video..."
In response to Reply # 0

that would be so funny!

sweeneykovar
Member since Oct 26th 2004
10122 posts
Tue Aug-09-05 03:04 AM

39. "B. Kyle"
In response to Reply # 0

thanks for this man, real good read

sandmann
Member since Mar 11th 2005
200 posts
Tue Aug-09-05 02:23 PM

40. "RE: ~Comm runs on Ghetto Time!!! Tour Journal... It's MONDAY ! !~"
In response to Reply # 0

We had a great time in Tampa this past Sunday night.

I put up a small clip of the crowd... here: http://www.tampahiphop.com/phpbb2/viewtopic.php?t=18837

www.djsandman.com

angiebabe3679
13675 posts
Tue Aug-09-05 03:29 PM

41. "RE: ~Comm runs on Ghetto Time!!! Tour Journal... It's MONDAY ! !~"
In response to Reply # 40

Dang. That crowd looks way more live than ATL.

Fiver
Member since Oct 18th 2004
1090 posts
Wed Aug-17-05 02:00 PM

42. "1UP"
In response to Reply # 0

yep

miss understood
Member since Aug 17th 2005
2 posts
Wed Aug-17-05 05:49 PM

43. "RE: ~Comm runs on Ghetto Time!!! Tour Journal... It's MONDAY ! !~"
In response to Reply # 0

Hey B Kyle just trying to get the hang of this post stuff.. Im go to school for video production and i want to get into video shoots and commercials, and things of that nature. I love me some music to death so i know i have to go that route. Do u have any advice? Although the road seems hectic, i feen that type of career..

-Miss Understood

qasia76
1 posts
Wed Aug-17-05 06:33 PM

44. "RE: ~Comm runs on Ghetto Time!!! Tour Journal... It's MONDAY ! !~"
In response to Reply # 0

I WAS MOS FORTUNATE TO SEE COMMON JOHN LEGEND AND KANYE & LAST BUT NOT LEAST JAY-Z WICH BLEW MY MIND THAT WAS TRULY A SURPRISE @ THE PEPSI SMASH LIVE IN MIAMI..THIS EVENT WAS ONLY FOR INVITED GUEST OR IF YOU WON A CONTEST... WELL AS FOR ME I WORK IN DWNTOWN AFTER WORK THAT SAT 13TH I WENT OVER TO BAYFRONT WHERE THE SHOW WAS TAKIN PLACE TO SEE MAYBE SOMEONE WOULD HAVE MERCY ON ME & HOOK ME UP WIT SOME TIX. AGAIN THEY REMINDED ME THERE WAS NO WAY I WAS GONNA GET IN...UNTIL SOME DUDE APPROACHED(AFTER, I WAS WALKIN AWAY WITH MY HEAD DOWN, VERY DISAPPOINTED) ME AND SOLD ME 2 TIX($60)DUDE LOOK LIKE HE A DUDE THAT GOES FISHIN ALL DAY AND DRINKS NUTHIN BUT BUT BUDWEISERS. THAT'S WHY IF U REALLY WANT SOMETHIN DONT GIVE UP......
IM LOOKIN 4WARD TO SEEIN BLACK STARR IN FT LAUDERDALE ..... WE NEED MORE OF THESE SHOWS COMIN TO MIAMI...PERSONALLY THIS IS WHAT REAL HIP HOP IS ..... NOW ADAYS THIS IS WAT TRULY COMPLETES ME. I REALLY MISS DA REAL HIP HOP.....

QUEEN ASIA 777

_JP
2433 posts
Thu Aug-18-05 12:24 PM

52. "Why you screaming?"
In response to Reply # 44

miss understood
2 posts
Wed Aug-17-05 06:36 PM

45. "RE: ~Comm runs on Ghetto Time!!! Tour Journal... It's MONDAY ! !~"
In response to Reply # 0

Also just to put it out there that im not some dreamy eyed (even though i do have dreamy eyez) film student. I do have everyday experience as a videographer here in the LV. I do live switching and handheld stuff too.. okayplayer... and for the record, i think this on tour posting is dope..Im looking forward to possible meeting or seeing soem of the faces of the names on the tour. I will be at the late HOuse of BLues show tomorrow night here in vegas.. PEAce..

-Miss Understood

Ms Jessica LaShawn
Member since Jun 22nd 2005
11 posts
Wed Aug-17-05 11:10 PM

46. "RE: ~Comm runs on Ghetto Time!!! Tour Journal... It's MONDAY ! !~"
In response to Reply # 0
Wed Aug-17-05 11:37 PM by Ms Jessica LaShawn

"6 - Common kicked another person (excused her) off stage"

Yo I dont appreciate Common Kicking me off stage in Milwaukee either but he is still sexy but I guess I wasnt light enough... or it couldve been the weave...who knows.
But I'll keep in mind that "My whole being is beautiful!"

I was the girl Common kicked off stage in Milwaukee...I'm his Biggest fan, how nice was that?

http://www.Jessica-LaShawn.com

http://commonmusic.proboards44.com/index.cgi

AfricanPride
1 posts
Wed Aug-17-05 11:29 PM

47. "Legendary??"
In response to Reply # 0
Wed Aug-17-05 11:53 PM by AfricanPride

Out of your long drawn out post this statement below caught my attention. You are so wrong for this. What do you mean by this are you gay yourself and happen to like this un-named person or are you suggesting that he is gay? Either way you are so not right. I hope you are not trying to be discreet either about who you are talking about because it is not working. Your're a lame and maybe you should try putting yourself in his shoes and see how it would feel if someone tried to call you out like that. I mean are you mad because he gets more coochie thrown at him than a catcher to his mitt, or are you mad that you are a road flunkie that does not have the spotlight. If you are trying to get the spotlight you are going about it the wrong way by bashing someone who does not deserve it and is a good person. And beside who in the hell are you supposed to be be to challenge anyones manhood are you unsure about your own? I don't care what your response it either, I won't be reading it, this is just some food for thought. If you did not want any beef you should of just left that part out. Remember what goes around come around it's called Karma!

Peace and Blessings,
African Pride
>(I'm sooooo tempted to challenge the manhood and sexuality of
>someone on this tour. I don't wanna start no beef, but if I
>did it would surely be Legendary.)
>

Ms Jessica LaShawn
Member since Jun 22nd 2005
11 posts
Wed Aug-17-05 11:54 PM

48. "Excused her off stage"
In response to Reply # 47
Thu Aug-18-05 12:07 AM by Ms Jessica LaShawn

Okay I thought this was a lil interesting so I decided to reply again with my true feelings .

I really wasn't upset about being kicked off until tonight. I am Commons biggest fan and I own every CD and and I just adore this man for his lyrics, his smile, and his ability to openly speak about his love for God and his personal need to be a positive force in society. And now I realized that he doesn't hold that same respect for me. Although we have only met three times and that was enough to etch him in my room of inspiration how would he have known he started a tear in my appreciation for him. Matter of fact Adjoa and the Nikki's noticed how I subconsciously redirected my energy to another person lol. I didn't know I was basically avoiding the idea that I was in turn looked at in the words of Adjoa "like I was nothing as he walked away" Now that she said that I remember his face looking like WTF are you doing on my stage and how he didn't even acknowledge me. He could've hugged me and said Im sorry baby I already picked her which he didn't he picked the other girl after I jumped my happy black AZZ-mosphere on stage. Now I wonder if he even knew that all the passion and drive I have for him as a supporter lifted me up in the air over the five and a half foot distance from the ground to the stage where he stood? I wonder if he even cared that I prayed to be right there and he picked my prayer up laughed at it and threw it away. Thank God I don't have low self esteem some other chick that loves Common as much as I do probably would've went home and killed her self for that ship. Actions speak louder than words. And that is why I haven't posted my Common "Experience"

I was the girl Common kicked off stage in Milwaukee...I'm his Biggest fan, how nice was that?

http://www.Jessica-LaShawn.com

http://commonmusic.proboards44.com/index.cgi

angiebabe3679
13675 posts
Thu Aug-18-05 08:42 AM

49. "RE: Excused her off stage"
In response to Reply # 48

Ahh Jess...

Sorry to hear that....

sweet ruffian
8129 posts
Thu Aug-18-05 10:17 AM

50. "He did you a favor...."
In response to Reply # 48

If it was anything like the show I saw...chick was getting fondled. Still, I think you're awesome for not catching feelings...I would have be floored...end of concert.

sweet ruffian
8129 posts
Thu Aug-18-05 10:21 AM

51. "Lol...."
In response to Reply # 47

Now you made *me* feel bad, because I was DEFINITELY questioning someone's "manhood" at the show in ATL. One of my friends said it best..."He has one more chance to pull a women on stage or it's final..."

> Out of your long drawn out post this statement below caught
>my attention. You are so wrong for this. What do you mean by
>this are you gay yourself and happen to like this un-named
>person or are you suggesting that he is gay? Either way you
>are so not right. I hope you are not trying to be discreet
>either about who you are talking about because it is not
>working. Your're a lame and maybe you should try putting
>yourself in his shoes and see how it would feel if someone
>tried to call you out like that. I mean are you mad because
>he gets more coochie thrown at him than a catcher to his mitt,
>or are you mad that you are a road flunkie that does not have
>the spotlight. If you are trying to get the spotlight you are
>going about it the wrong way by bashing someone who does not
>deserve it and is a good person. And beside who in the hell
>are you supposed to be be to challenge anyones manhood are you
>unsure about your own? I don't care what your response it
>either, I won't be reading it, this is just some food for
>thought. If you did not want any beef you should of just left
>that part out. Remember what goes around come around it's
>called Karma!
>
>Peace and Blessings,
>African Pride
>>(I'm sooooo tempted to challenge the manhood and sexuality
>of
>>someone on this tour. I don't wanna start no beef, but if I
>>did it would surely be Legendary.)
>>
>

angiebabe3679
13675 posts
Thu Aug-18-05 12:54 PM

53. "RE: Lol...."
In response to Reply # 51
Thu Aug-18-05 12:56 PM by angiebabe3679

>Now you made *me* feel bad, because I was DEFINITELY
>questioning someone's "manhood" at the show in ATL. One of my
>friends said it best..."He has one more chance to pull a women
>on stage or it's final..."
>
>> Out of your long drawn out post this statement below caught
>>my attention. You are so wrong for this. What do you mean
>by
>>this are you gay yourself and happen to like this un-named
>>person or are you suggesting that he is gay? Either way you
>>are so not right. I hope you are not trying to be discreet
>>either about who you are talking about because it is not
>>working. Your're a lame and maybe you should try putting
>>yourself in his shoes and see how it would feel if someone
>>tried to call you out like that. I mean are you mad because
>>he gets more coochie thrown at him than a catcher to his
>mitt,
>>or are you mad that you are a road flunkie that does not
>have
>>the spotlight. If you are trying to get the spotlight you
>are
>>going about it the wrong way by bashing someone who does not
>>deserve it and is a good person. And beside who in the hell
>>are you supposed to be be to challenge anyones manhood are
>you
>>unsure about your own? I don't care what your response it
>>either, I won't be reading it, this is just some food for
>>thought. If you did not want any beef you should of just
>left
>>that part out. Remember what goes around come around it's
>>called Karma!
>>
>>Peace and Blessings,
>>African Pride
>>>(I'm sooooo tempted to challenge the manhood and sexuality
>>of
>>>someone on this tour. I don't wanna start no beef, but if I
>>>did it would surely be Legendary.)
>>>
>>
>

Girl me too. I was thinking someone was batting pink too. And in some of his pics, he looks questionable.

And Jess, she is right. The chick at ATL got straight fondled. I dont know if I would have appreciated it but then again, I dont know.

Member since Aug 20th 2005
249 posts
Wed Aug-24-05 09:15 AM

54. "Can we get footage of Kanye snapping on AOL dude?"
In response to Reply # 0

That all was a GREAT read (even if I'm hella late)!!

how bout loving some long divison nigga?

_JP
2433 posts
Wed Aug-24-05 01:39 PM

55. "No new updates????"
In response to Reply # 0

angiebabe3679
13675 posts
Thu Aug-25-05 09:07 AM

56. "RE: No new updates????"
In response to Reply # 55

Thats what I was thinking. Its been a minute...

Operation Lifesaver
Member since Jan 31st 2005
281 posts
Fri Sep-09-05 02:48 PM

57. "RE: No new updates????"
In response to Reply # 55

You're having too much fun. Get ur game up. It's time for an update, nigga.

------------------------------------------

www.myspace.com/maddvillainy

legendary9
Member since Jul 30th 2003
2096 posts
Fri Sep-09-05 11:16 PM

58. "RE: No new updates????"
In response to Reply # 57

up.(if U have time)

what did ya think of phoenix?

Lobby Okayplayer News Discussion Okay Artist Archives topic #35211 Previous topic | Next topic