Printer-friendly copy Email this topic to a friend
Lobby Okayplayer News Discussion Okay Artist Archives topic #29930

Subject: "I blanked when BT put the mic on me...." This topic is locked.
Previous topic | Next topic
Rome_Dome
Member since Jun 09th 2003
391 posts
Mon Apr-18-05 03:17 PM

Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profileClick to add this author to your buddy list
"I blanked when BT put the mic on me...."

I was reciting Web bar for bar, then when I have a mic put in my face, I blank on "comin to win". Stage fright got to me and I couldn't say anything....shit. Had I nailed that line, BT would have taken me on tour as a hype man for sure...lol.

"Con-science and metaphors will slow up the dough."

Printer-friendly copy | Top

Topic Outline
Subject Author Message Date ID
RE: I blanked when BT put the mic on me....
Apr 18th 2005
Apr 20th 2005
HAAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHa
Apr 18th 2005
RE: HAAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHa
Apr 18th 2005
oh stop instigatin
Apr 18th 2005
      RE: oh stop instigatin
Apr 18th 2005
lol, deg homie
Apr 19th 2005
me too!!!
Apr 20th 2005
      RE: me too!!!
Apr 20th 2005
Apr 20th 2005
Apr 20th 2005
           yea, i still fux with them
Apr 20th 2005
Apr 18th 2005
that sucks
Apr 19th 2005
Apr 19th 2005
RE: I woulda yelled somethin bout my loving my girl or somethin..lol
Apr 19th 2005
Apr 19th 2005
i hope Skillz goes to the show on 6/06/05 in south florida
Apr 19th 2005
RE: i hope Skillz goes to the show on 6/06/05 in south florida
Apr 19th 2005
      yeah the 6/04 one
Apr 20th 2005
           I killed sixth sense
Apr 22nd 2005
Apr 23rd 2005
don't worry
Apr 24th 2005
RE: don't worry
Apr 24th 2005
i woulda done the same thing
Apr 24th 2005

HIM
Member since May 20th 2002
1733 posts
Mon Apr-18-05 05:37 PM

Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profileClick to add this author to your buddy list
1. "RE: I blanked when BT put the mic on me...."
In response to Reply # 0

im assuming you are talking about the Butler Unv. show last night(because your rhymefest quote gave me a clue). If im correct, I SAW YOU PLAY YOURSELF!!! j/k

If its any concelation, we were up on the righthand side balcony and we could hardly make out most of Thoughts verses so when he put the mic in your face, all were heard was silence...then "awwouadnf" and thats it.
So we couldnt tell what you said!

Of course if this is the wrong show, then just forget all that stuff I just said.

peace
HIM

Rome_Dome
391 posts
Wed Apr-20-05 03:30 PM

18. "RE: I blanked when BT put the mic on me...."
In response to Reply # 1

Yeah, that was the show. Damn, I didn't know so many people were clowning me. But it's fine, Riq-gizzle, next show I'll be back for mine, lol.

I got to meet ?uestlove after the show though, so I guess that evens out the score for me. Overall an incredible show/experience. I've seen 'em play 4 times, and that was one of the best performances, and had the most memorable moments(blanking on Web, meeting ?uesto, etc.)

Member since Mar 01st 2005
9915 posts
Mon Apr-18-05 05:57 PM

2. "HAAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHa"
In response to Reply # 0

me and frank was laughing at you HAWD!

lol....

BrklynzFinestPR
Member since Jan 18th 2005
1517 posts
Mon Apr-18-05 06:49 PM

Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profileClick to add this author to your buddy list
3. "RE: HAAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHa"
In response to Reply # 2

Damn.. Dude gotta feel really shitty right about now! hehe
>me and frank was laughing at you HAWD!
>
>lol....

<----------------------------------------
"Consider me the entity within the industry without a history of spittin the epitomy of stupidity!" - Talib Kweli
http://www.takotron.com/news/2006/mets_cap.jpg

Member since Mar 01st 2005
9915 posts
Mon Apr-18-05 06:58 PM

4. "oh stop instigatin"
In response to Reply # 3

i was just playing.

i was wondering what was on riq's mind....

sheeit I dont even know "web"

Sawkrahteez
Member since Nov 28th 2004
235 posts
Mon Apr-18-05 07:15 PM

Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profileClick to add this author to your buddy listClick to send message via AOL IM
5. "RE: oh stop instigatin"
In response to Reply # 4

lol. thats word yo. But hey "Web" is such a hype ass song. Its like "Web" and "Boom!" performed in succession can start a fuckin mosh.

www.myspace.com/zen1ne

RetardedGenius
Member since Apr 12th 2005
531 posts
Tue Apr-19-05 05:53 PM

Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profileClick to add this author to your buddy list
11. "lol, deg homie"
In response to Reply # 2

...he got the speakers in the trunk with the bass on crunk....

Spread
Member since Mar 13th 2003
7647 posts
Wed Apr-20-05 12:14 PM

15. "me too!!!"
In response to Reply # 2

naw I was there but for real I was like "what is he thinking? can anyone actually recite that shit word for word?" it'd be plausible if the album was 3 or 4 years old, but damn...you must've at least been busting up until then to have BT notice and hand you the mic.

But again, when he did it I was like "what's the last line to that rhyme anyway?" so when you didn't hit it not everyone could really tell.

That was a moment I shared a wtf look with the sound man.
I was sitting right next to the board and it had to be the worst place in the whole joint acoustically. I didn't know how the fuck he did it. We shared another wtf moment at the end of Kamaal's solo...he was going off like a mufucka and then at the end he resolved it all sloppy and weird, but looked like he meant to do it and the crowd loved it. That's the beauty of live performance.

I thought it was a good show overall.
Again, where I was, the sound was extra shitty. But ?uest I didn't know you got down on the vox like that! That white stripes shit or whatever stole the show while you were singing...well, when Kirk wasn't stealing it. Man, that muthafucka is ILL!!!!!!! That dude is a beast...man whatever, acutally all of yall shined.

I wish there were a way to get BT's vox in an auditorium setting sounding right though. I know that shit is hard to mix, but there were some 'don't say nuthin' chorus moments but for the wrong songs.

And the You Got Me revamp is ill, especially when kirk did his solo.
I don't think the lame-ass Butler kids were ready, but cats who check for yall was feelin' it all dubbed out and shit.

and man, don't worry about fucking up the line in Web. it was only like your best chance at being remotely semi-famous for 2.7 seconds...just make the best of the 12.3 left.

yep

GetSweptAway
Member since Jan 25th 2005
1519 posts
Wed Apr-20-05 12:39 PM

16. "RE: me too!!!"
In response to Reply # 15

real I was like "what is he thinking? can anyone actually recite that shit word for word?"

i can if i'm rapping with the song, but i always forget a word or line without it.

-----------------------------
Whether its college, religious, or street knowledge/I wanna hear them lyrics make sense, no stink garbage/listen whatever u doin just do it wit skill/and just because it's positive don't mean it's somethin I feel. -OneBeLo

MarVeL
Member since Apr 16th 2005
2258 posts
Wed Apr-20-05 03:15 PM

17. "RE: me too!!!"
In response to Reply # 16

wish it woulda been me.. I have the song memorized... I think I got the whole tipping point album memorized... nah tho... tough break homie lol

Rome_Dome
391 posts
Wed Apr-20-05 03:34 PM

19. "RE: me too!!!"
In response to Reply # 15

you still performing with Undefeatable Beats? If so, when are some upcoming shows?

Spread
Member since Mar 13th 2003
7647 posts
Wed Apr-20-05 04:00 PM

20. "yea, i still fux with them"
In response to Reply # 19

we got a show down in Bloomington at the Buskirk-Chumley theatre on April 28th...a week from tomorrow, i think.

you ever checked us out before?
sorry if I know you but just don't recognize the okp name...it seems like there are mad okps in naptown, but i can never find any of them that i didn't already know before okp.

did you hit the afterset?

I was sick as hell and just went home, had a pretty bad fever...and BT made me realize the only remedy was MORE COWBELL!...but I really did have a fever, and although I loved the shit BT could work on his Walken impression a little

yep

GetSweptAway
Member since Jan 25th 2005
1519 posts
Mon Apr-18-05 10:18 PM

6. "RE: I blanked when BT put the mic on me...."
In response to Reply # 0

Web is my shit

I went to the One Be Lo release party and he asked the crowd if they heard this song(The Ghetto) and started to play it. Then asked me what it was and i just completly forgot the name. It's wasn't very obvious since about 10 people behind me yelled it.

-----------------------------
Whether its college, religious, or street knowledge/I wanna hear them lyrics make sense, no stink garbage/listen whatever u doin just do it wit skill/and just because it's positive don't mean it's somethin I feel. -OneBeLo

the d in dustin
Member since Feb 29th 2004
1336 posts
Tue Apr-19-05 04:57 PM

Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profileClick to add this author to your buddy listClick to send message via AOL IM
7. "that sucks"
In response to Reply # 0

but i probably woulda done the same shit... be rapping along then dude throws the mic on me... "uhhhhh...FUCK"

(sig below)

docious-ali-expi-fragalistic-cali-super!

free mac mini or $550 www.macminis4free.com/default.aspx?r=239398

Troubled Spirits
Member since Nov 05th 2003
1934 posts
Tue Apr-19-05 05:09 PM

8. "RE: I blanked when BT put the mic on me...."
In response to Reply # 0

hahaha... i'll be front row at the show in Gainesville on 4/20... hopefully I dont get a mic in my face, cause I'll surely blank out too

BarTek
Member since Nov 10th 2002
51250 posts
Tue Apr-19-05 05:14 PM

9. "RE: I woulda yelled somethin bout my loving my girl or somethin..lol"
In response to Reply # 0

peace.
~
Been Dazed and Confused for so long it's not true. Wanted a woman, never bargained for you. Lots of people talk and few of them know, soul of a woman was created below.
~
This is the life I chose, or rather the life that chose me
If you can't respect t

Oak27
Member since Apr 17th 2005
13180 posts
Tue Apr-19-05 05:53 PM

10. "RE: I blanked when BT put the mic on me...."
In response to Reply # 0

Did they start a "Choke! Choke! Choke!" chant? heh j/k... I'd prob do the same thing man.

58impala
Member since Nov 08th 2004
16633 posts
Tue Apr-19-05 08:29 PM

12. "i hope Skillz goes to the show on 6/06/05 in south florida"
In response to Reply # 0

that way when BT shoves a mic in my face i can battle this mofo

Troubled Spirits
1934 posts
Tue Apr-19-05 10:00 PM

13. "RE: i hope Skillz goes to the show on 6/06/05 in south florida"
In response to Reply # 12

6/4 you mean?

and who are you, Shaq?

58impala
Member since Nov 08th 2004
16633 posts
Wed Apr-20-05 11:00 AM

14. "yeah the 6/04 one"
In response to Reply # 13

that the one i meant

Nij
Charter member
1413 posts
Fri Apr-22-05 05:32 AM

21. "I killed sixth sense"
In response to Reply # 14

When Common put the mic in my face.

Technically, he put it in my boys face, but he didnt know the words so i grabed the mic and spat them bars!

Common looked surprised!

Stro
Member since Oct 25th 2003
86 posts
Sat Apr-23-05 09:13 PM

22. "RE: I blanked when BT put the mic on me...."
In response to Reply # 0

That's Funny!

"...Accidentally beatin you like gorillas playin..." -Busta T. Rhymes

mystro899@gmail.com
www.myspace.com/strothe89thkey

prophet j
Member since Aug 22nd 2002
10109 posts
Sun Apr-24-05 10:01 AM

23. "don't worry"
In response to Reply # 0

next time you'll be ready. and you can tell the audience "this guy's a gangsta? his real name's clarence"

- - - - -

"ask beavis, i get nothing but head" - big l

peace & love

Troubled Spirits
1934 posts
Sun Apr-24-05 12:09 PM

24. "RE: don't worry"
In response to Reply # 23

"Clarence Carter... Clarence Carter..."

beautifulDISASTER
Member since Dec 29th 2004
853 posts
Sun Apr-24-05 05:38 PM

25. "i woulda done the same thing"
In response to Reply # 0

word. you are not alone.

peace.

Lobby Okayplayer News Discussion Okay Artist Archives topic #29930 Previous topic | Next topic