Printer-friendly copy Email this topic to a friend
Lobby Okayplayer News Discussion Okay Artist Archives topic #29058

Subject: "whutthafuck is dundee?" This topic is locked.
Previous topic | Next topic
black thought

Thu Jun-17-99 04:58 PM

"whutthafuck is dundee?"

This "Dundee" shit is a state of mind. It began with Malik a.k.a. M-Alien, and me in college. <P>Being the true Philly thoroughbreds that we are, we were always in competition for the flyest gear award. Malik's nickname was "Slacks" because he always wore fresh dress pants. My name was "Jungle" because I was steady rockin' some safari- type shit. "Dundee" was originally used to refer to the texture of certain fabrics. If an article was made of vintage leather, raw denim, canvas, hemp, rough linen or cotton, it had the potential to be classified as some "Dundee" or rugged shit. It comes from Crocodile Dundee but it ain't got nuffin' to do with Paul Hoagan. It's more about a lifestyle now. It's about doing what you gotta do to survive in the wilderness. It's about the balance between total control and wreckless abandon. The Dundee approach to life is adventure. It's about taming this beast of a world and the apparel needed to do so. ... Damn, I feel like I'm doing a commercial for my new DUNDEE STONE clothing line. Check for that. Peace.

Printer-friendly copy | Top

Topic Outline
Subject Author Message Date ID
Yeah, that's cool, but...
youngun
Jun 17th 1999
Dorito-head means
Jun 17th 1999
whutdafuck is adotito head cat?
black thought
Jun 17th 1999
      A dotito is...
black thought
Jun 17th 1999
      Hmmm....
Jun 17th 1999
      Round 2... FIGHT!
iLL
Jun 17th 1999
      Damn, you crazy Black
angieee
Jun 17th 1999
      I don't betray my flavors.
Viper Venemous
Jun 19th 1999
      Betta freestyle
Ms. Thang
Jun 17th 1999
      Okay, I feel that...
Dee Phunk
Jun 17th 1999
      true dat...
butterflymil
Jun 18th 1999
      best line I've heard...
Jun 18th 1999
7th and Snyder Ave got the flava you need
Jun 17th 1999
whew.....
Nayyirah (ni-year-rah)
Jun 17th 1999
DORITO HEDS
Jun 17th 1999
gotta catch. . .
Ghax
Jun 17th 1999
He likes Public Transportation
Teflon
Jun 18th 1999
&quot;On these 73 keys of ivory and ebony...
Jun 18th 1999
Dundee...
G-Towns Finest
Jun 18th 1999
funny shit man!!!!
THeDesPeradO
Jun 18th 1999
Word, that's from Mellow My man...
Jun 18th 1999
Peace Black, I Overstand!!
SANIFU
Jun 18th 1999
college?
Illadelph_kat
Jun 22nd 1999
Bzzzt
angieee
Jun 23rd 1999
      free get out of jail card?
Illadelph_kat
Jun 23rd 1999

youngun

Thu Jun-17-99 05:09 PM

1. "Yeah, that's cool, but..."
In response to Reply # 0

...now could you explain what a 'Dorito-head cat' is?<BR>young thought.

handle
Charter member
18941 posts
Thu Jun-17-99 05:21 PM

Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profileClick to add this author to your buddy list
2. "Dorito-head means"
In response to Reply # 1

>...now could you explain what a 'Dorito-head <BR>>cat' is? young thought. <P>Doritos are filled with mad cheese. So he's calling them cheesy.

------------

Gone: My Discogs collection for The Roots:
http://www.discogs.com/user/tomhayes-roots/collection

black thought

Thu Jun-17-99 05:32 PM

3. "whutdafuck is adotito head cat?"
In response to Reply # 1

a dorito head is you, money. Period. WHAT! WHAT THE FUCK DO YOU WANT SON"!@ huh? You wanna dance with me? Is that it? What's this "Young" shit? where are you from? D.C.? A doritohead is a cat that don't think, whose breath stink, who rocks beige and hot pink, whose net server take three weeks just to link, who come up in your house and piss in Mom's kitchen sink, who steady at the bar like, "Can I borrow a drink? ... etc. etc. I'm just fuckin' with you, but thanks for asking. The truth is, all dotito heads know who they are. If you don't know the meaning you're safe ... for now. Peace ! I have a ferry to catch.

black thought

Thu Jun-17-99 05:36 PM

4. "A dotito is..."
In response to Reply # 3

the balance between a dorito and a tostito.<P>Viva Las Locos Dotitos.<P><P>

AminaLovely
Charter member
229 posts
Thu Jun-17-99 05:43 PM

Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profileClick to add this author to your buddy list
6. "Hmmm...."
In response to Reply # 4

Damn, someone done bugged the fuck out.. j/p its all love.. hehe. Peace n love to all.

iLL

Thu Jun-17-99 06:02 PM

8. "Round 2... FIGHT!"
In response to Reply # 6

SWISH/SWISH.... Fatality! <P><BR>HAHAHAHA!,<BR>-iLL

angieee

Thu Jun-17-99 07:51 PM

11. "Damn, you crazy Black"
In response to Reply # 4

I am about to pee on myself!!!!! I knew you was about to post some crazy ish when you called and asked for your password again. You trippppppin'.<P>Damn, I love these brothers. <P>This post made my day. I'm even sorry I was in such a bad mood earlier. Sorry, y'all. I'm cheesing like a champ now. <P>Fuckin' Dotitos.....hahahhahahahhahhahahhahah!!!!<P>"bringing 'stress and dotitos from south philly to west" - malik b. <BR>

Viper Venemous

Sat Jun-19-99 09:07 PM

22. "I don't betray my flavors."
In response to Reply # 4

Yo, this is moi! Same wavelegnth, in a certain way. I stay on some tasty barbecue chicken ish, and have done extensive taste tests on many of the finest cereals. Cinnamon Toast Crunch and Fruit Loops in tha muthafuckin' house...when the buzz is nice and smooth!<P>Depth perception?Let's get spacey and irrelevant..

Ms. Thang

Thu Jun-17-99 05:42 PM

5. "Betta freestyle"
In response to Reply # 3

I like that freestyle a lot better than the drunken one in the cah...<P>This is weird. Black Thought is coming out of his shell and posting up on the boards. That's two out of eight. Slowly but surely.<P><BR>I'm the Okayplayer formerly known as Brown Sister.

Dee Phunk

Thu Jun-17-99 06:53 PM

10. "Okay, I feel that..."
In response to Reply # 3

Why don't you break down the different flavors? You got Cool Ranch, umm, Nacho Supreme or some shit...<P>By the way, Cool Ranch Doritos dipped in sour cream are the BOMB. Try it and if you like it (this goes to everyone), lemme know. I'm about to market that and make some dough.<P>-dee ph!

butterflymil

Fri Jun-18-99 05:14 AM

14. "true dat..."
In response to Reply # 3

...keep hittin' the board, it's good to read your perspective and opinions on things plus you're making my day!<P>your butterfly mil...<BR>peace & blessings

jiggyjazzman
Charter member
447 posts
Fri Jun-18-99 09:34 AM

18. "best line I've heard..."
In response to Reply # 3

>whose net server take three weeks just to link<P>yo, this is the best line I've heard<BR>

Rev. Steve S. Jackson
revstevesjackson@verizon.net*|*steve.jackson@nbcuni.com

Alex
Member since Aug 01st 2002
3 posts
Thu Jun-17-99 05:53 PM

7. "7th and Snyder Ave got the flava you need"
In response to Reply # 0

Yo Black-<BR> Good to see that you showin' your face on to us okayplayas...Question: Why don't you ever show your face whenever you're on the Illadelph side? I'm from Philly and one thing heads always talk about here is that the only time we get to see you play is when the Roots are at the electric factory...Didn't catch you at Space last time...I was a little vexed. That's why I'm just trying to figure out if you'll ever show up at some small Philly venue, off-the-record type shit, just to break into a cypher, chill, whatever. You'd definitely make a bunch of true heads like myself mad happy.<P>that hot pink shit was dope<BR>alejandro

Nayyirah (ni-year-rah)

Thu Jun-17-99 06:27 PM

9. "whew....."
In response to Reply # 0

Thank you for the explanation because I was getting a little tired of people assuming what it means and talking out of the sides of their necks (good lord). <P><BR>Peace<BR>Nayyirah<P><BR>"What is a Nayyirah?"<BR>"Nayyirah Rah Like a Dungeon Dragon."<BR>"Will You Be My NaYbor?"

donwill
Charter member
63558 posts
Thu Jun-17-99 08:00 PM

12. "DORITO HEDS"
In response to Reply # 0

SO WOULD A WEED HED BE A "SALSA VERDE DORITO HED"<BR>AND WOULD A STANK BREATH NIGGA BE A "COOLRANCH DORITO HED"<BR>AND WOULD PUFFY BE AN EXAMLE OF A "CHEDDARCHEESE DORITO HED"<BR>OR AM I MAKIN TOO MUCH OF THIS DORITO HED SHIT?<P>DONWILL<BR>-HEY BT U DIDNT BREAK THE COMPUTER THIS TIME!

www.donwill.substack.com

Ghax

Thu Jun-17-99 08:12 PM

13. "gotta catch. . ."
In response to Reply # 0

seems like Black Thid-ought's always cathing a bus <BR>and ferry. If he's talking about public transportation then that's one more thing to learn from these Roots. One might figure that Thought has a SUV to survive this wilderness and beast that is this world.<P>Dodito-headz unite! Bringin' balance to the chip force.<BR>

Teflon

Fri Jun-18-99 06:27 PM

21. "He likes Public Transportation"
In response to Reply # 13

"SouthEastern Pennsylvania Transportation Authority is what i'm probably on, if I ain't whippin' the Land throughout your section..." -Push up ya lighters? (I think)<P>--Teflon

hussa
Charter member
360 posts
Fri Jun-18-99 06:21 AM

15. "&quot;On these 73 keys of ivory and ebony..."
In response to Reply # 0

I swear solemnly that I'll FOREVER rock steadily...!" Tariq, I just wanna say that when I hear that song begin I get lifted!!! I fuckin' love it, man! Read your explanation about DUNDEE and loved your replys, had me laughin my ass off too, like Angieee...Also caught the method of PUBLIC TRANSPORTATION thatcha use(BUS, FERRY, TRAIN...)Do you own a car or SUV or anything? I'm just kinda curious...if you could have any kinda vehicle, what would it be??!! Let us heads know...<P>Peace Black Thought,<P>HUSSA<BR>"...is it the cat wit' the black shades, the black car...is it shining from very far to where you are...?"

G-Towns Finest

Fri Jun-18-99 07:04 AM

16. "Dundee..."
In response to Reply # 0

Yo, I was in the North East (Philly that is...), and I'm not completely positive, but I'm pretty sure I saw a Dundee street. Kinda strange actually. I'm thinking of getting in to some old school mischief and heisting the street sign...<P>BTW, I'm not trying to pull anyone's card, but I've seen these two cats, one on South St. and one on Fifty Deuce (that's 52nd st. y'all) thats been bootlegging TFA cd's without any of the limited edition covers. I mean if you gonna sell some shit you shouldn't be selling, at least make the shit look good!<P>Known to get down near Chelten and Germantown,<BR>G-Towns Finest<P>p.s. I didn't buy any of those wack bootlegs, so no reason to hate...

THeDesPeradO

Fri Jun-18-99 07:16 AM

17. "funny shit man!!!!"
In response to Reply # 0

Dundee explanation, way cool, thanks that is one of my fave's. Dotito explanation funny shit!!! much respect for the best emcee, BT.<BR> thedesperado

Phil
Charter member
6726 posts
Fri Jun-18-99 10:17 AM

Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profileClick to add this author to your buddy listClick to send message via AOL IM
19. "Word, that's from Mellow My man..."
In response to Reply # 0

>This "Dundee" shit is a state of <BR>>mind. It began with Malik a.k.a. <BR>>M-Alien, and me in college. <BR>>Being the true Philly thoroughbreds that we <BR>>are, we were always in competition <BR>>for the flyest gear award. Malik's <BR>>nickname was "Slacks" because he always <BR>>wore fresh dress pants.<P>So that's what that line in Mellow my Man means...<P>1 2 Yes, the Roots layin back relax-in/<BR>Coolin out with my man Malik B we call him Slacks-in<P>Word to black thought for layin that little info on us<P>Peace,<BR>Phil<P>"Ever since God created women, the devil has been out of work" - My Grandma

SANIFU

Fri Jun-18-99 10:37 AM

20. "Peace Black, I Overstand!!"
In response to Reply # 0

Peace God,<P>Thank you for clarifying the meaning or significance behind DUNDEE, I pretty much figured that out, but It's even better coming from the source. As usual, Mind detect Mind, consciousness refined.....anyway, my point is I am one who actually receives the message of the ingenious lyrics that gets me so hype. You are truly blessed, not that I had to tell you that, but it feels good to hear those types of words from like minds. Please continue to shine your light on the world of darkness, and soon, I shall be joining you. I am an artist also ( from da Chi!!) still paying dues and if this industry is ready, then watch out BABY!!! <P>Black Thought ( I feel so....like I should be calling you something else...), Do you have any suggestions on how to shop my demo and not get screwed???<P>Peace and Balance Always!!<P>Sanifu

Illadelph_kat

Tue Jun-22-99 03:45 PM

23. "college?"
In response to Reply # 0

where did Tariq and Malik go to college?

angieee

Wed Jun-23-99 04:09 PM

24. "Bzzzt"
In response to Reply # 23

>where did Tariq and Malik go to <BR>>college? <P>You have failed the "read every page everyday and find all the hidden tracks before you post to this board test."<P>Do not pass "Organix" do not collect "Illadelph Halflife...<P>Oh, okay, cop the albums, but read Malik's bio.<P>Forgive my sarcasm.<P>angieee<BR>"bringing info in my bio from south philly to west" - malik b. <BR>

Illadelph_kat

Wed Jun-23-99 06:57 PM

25. "free get out of jail card?"
In response to Reply # 24

thanks.....

Lobby Okayplayer News Discussion Okay Artist Archives topic #29058 Previous topic | Next topic