Printer-friendly copy Email this topic to a friend
Lobby Okayplayer News Discussion Okay Artist Archives topic #28794

Subject: "ya'll played the classics, thanks!!!!!!!!" This topic is locked.
Previous topic | Next topic
skywalkka

Sat Aug-21-99 06:06 PM

"ya'll played the classics, thanks!!!!!!!!"

what up heads<BR>this is luke skywalkka, i just witnessed a dope ass concert in columbus, oh. i must tell you though i thought the concert i saw in cincinatti a few months ago was better, number one because my favorite emcee common was there, and number two i guess because it was the first time i actually saw yall in concert(with the exception of smokin grooves like two years ago), but back to the subject, i think there were some things i liked better second time around. number one would be the selection of songs this time, because last time you only played stuff from the new album, and i must say that "do you want more" was definately my fav. But i must give you mad props cause this time you played the classics, with the exception of "organix", things like silent treatment(by the way 'riq I was the one who asked for "silent treatment" not that you'll remember but anyways). anyways i thought the selection of songs was hella dope this time around, with the exception of the abscence of common, cause you know he just tops a Roots show off with his poetic presence!!!!!!!!!!!!<BR>thanks, <BR>luke sky

Printer-friendly copy | Top

Topic Outline
Subject Author Message Date ID
SILENT TREATMENT????
Krutch
Aug 21st 1999
HATE TO DISSAPOINT YOU BUT......
Aug 21st 1999
wow...
Aug 21st 1999
response
skywalkka
Aug 22nd 1999
Yo thanx ?uest!...
Aug 22nd 1999
      well hold it partner
Aug 24th 1999
      fuck that!
Aug 24th 1999
      HATE ORGANIX??!!!
brwn_e_point
Aug 24th 1999
CAN I POST IN ALL CAPS TOO??
Aug 22nd 1999
Ish Happens
MightyHealthy1
Aug 24th 1999

Krutch

Sat Aug-21-99 07:44 PM

1. "SILENT TREATMENT????"
In response to Reply # 0

Did they really play that??<P>?uest promised me he'd play that so long ago.. I never got it.... one of these days ahmir, one of these days<P>(((krutch)))(((1999)))<P>"Eek ahk ook ahk ahk" - Pharcyde

qoolquest
Charter member
10251 posts
Sat Aug-21-99 09:35 PM

Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profileClick to add this author to your buddy list
2. "HATE TO DISSAPOINT YOU BUT......"
In response to Reply # 0

COMMON IS NOT A ROOT. HE WILL NEVER BE A ROOT. IF WE CAN CONVINCE THE LAZY BLOODCLOT TO MOVE HIS ARSE. THEN YEAH, YOU'LL SEE HIM. BUT GET USED TO IT....MATTER OF FACT ALL OF Y'ALL REPEAT THIS....<P>-MALIK WILL NEVER EVER DO A SHOW WITH US<BR>-COMMON IS NOT A MEMBER OF THE ROOTS SO THUS HE WON'T SHOW UP<BR>-RIQ HATES ORGANIX, SO THERE WILL BE NO SELECTIONS<BR>-RAHZEL HAS HIS OWN CARRER, SO CHANCES ARE HIS DAYS AS A ROOT ON THE ROAD ARE NULL AND VOID.<BR>-SCRATCH AND RAHZEL ARE 2 PEOPLE.<BR>-RIQ HATES ESSAYWHUMAN??!?!?!? MORE THAN ORGANIX<BR>-ERYKAH IS A STAR IN HER OWN RIGHT, WHY WOULD YOU THINK SHE WILL SHOW UP TO SING 4 CHORUS'? DO YOU EXPECT PAUL MCCARTNEY TO SHOW UP TO M. JACKSON'S SHOW TO SING "THE GIRL IS MINE" RIGHT?<P>THE WAY NOT TO GET LET DOWN IS NOT TO HAVE EXPECTATIONS. IF YOU COME EXPECTING NOTHING, THEN IT WILL BE THE SHIT......BUT IF YOU ALL EXCITED, AND BUILDIN IT UP TO BE A LIFE CHANGING EXPERIENCE......YOU WILL ALWAYS GET LET DOWN. I THOUGHT TODAY'S SHOW WAS GREEEEEEEEEEEEEEEAT!!!!!!!!!!!!<P><P><P><P><P><BR>god made me funky"

check the resume

organix-93
(from the ground up)-94
do you want more?!!???!-95
illadelph halflife-96
things fall apart-99
(the legendary)-99
the roots come alive-99
phrenology-2002
the tipping point-2004
(the roots present...) 2004
homegrown: the beginne

ILLWILL
Charter member
25041 posts
Sat Aug-21-99 09:51 PM

Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profileClick to add this author to your buddy list
3. "wow..."
In response to Reply # 2

>COMMON IS NOT A ROOT. HE WILL <BR>>NEVER BE A ROOT. IF WE <BR>>CAN CONVINCE THE LAZY BLOODCLOT TO <BR>>MOVE HIS ARSE. <P>damn, Ahmir busted out with the London slang! Where is the shite and bollocks though? You cheeky boy! haha<P>>-MALIK WILL NEVER EVER DO A SHOW <BR>>WITH US <P>damn shame too<P>-COMMON IS NOT A <BR>>MEMBER OF THE ROOTS SO THUS <BR>>HE WON'T SHOW UP <P>he showed up at the Chicago show last year....then again, that was Chicago<P>-RIQ HATES <BR>>ORGANIX, SO THERE WILL BE NO <BR>>SELECTIONS <P>that really sucks cause I really LOVE Organix<P>-RAHZEL HAS HIS OWN CARRER, <BR>>SO CHANCES ARE HIS DAYS AS <BR>>A ROOT ON THE ROAD ARE <BR>>NULL AND VOID. <P>that's wack, but understandable<P>-SCRATCH AND RAHZEL <BR>>ARE 2 PEOPLE. <P>already known, but it's always good to say it over again for the unknowing.<P>-RIQ HATES ESSAYWHUMAN??!?!?!? <BR>>MORE THAN ORGANIX <P>that REALLY sucks, I wanna see ESSAYWHUMAN live too so I can sing the whole shit out loud "I'm the boom bap bibbede bibbede bip BLACK THOUGHT!" lol<P>-ERYKAH IS A <BR>>STAR IN HER OWN RIGHT, WHY <BR>>WOULD YOU THINK SHE WILL SHOW <BR>>UP TO SING 4 CHORUS'? DO <BR>>YOU EXPECT PAUL MCCARTNEY TO SHOW <BR>>UP TO M. JACKSON'S SHOW TO <BR>>SING "THE GIRL IS MINE" RIGHT? <P>very well understood over here, but damn Quest, that was a REALLY old school example. Takin kids back to when Mike was still Black and they was rockin clown makeup.<P>"never met anybody so cute and lovely and hard with his fists, and great with his dick"---Unidentified Okayplayette<P>"I got hair on my chest....LOOK AT IT!!!!!"---Redman <a href="http://www.angelfire.com/il/Will/images/MESOL1.jpg">http://www.angelfire.com/il/Will/images/MESOL1.jpg<;/a>

i'm back...?

skywalkka

Sun Aug-22-99 02:46 PM

4. "response"
In response to Reply # 2

i feel ya, <BR>but my point was that i like that show better because he IS my fav emcee, and i can't help but to want him anywhere!!!! that's just my agenda, i agree with yah, BUT you understand when you got a favorite something, it just makes it that much better... i loved the show , but for me common wasnt' there, and that was what made the difference!<BR>that WAS the difference in my eyes.............<BR>once again great show my afro man.....<BR>no complaints on my part, great show once again

AZNThought_Pt_III
Charter member
369 posts
Sun Aug-22-99 04:44 PM

Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profileClick to add this author to your buddy listClick to send message via ICQ
5. "Yo thanx ?uest!..."
In response to Reply # 4

...for making it known that Tariq hates Organix... cuz, well... I dislike (I put "hate" at first, but then I got smart...) it too. Yes, it's true; please don't lynch me or try to drown me in a horrible round of swearing and ganging-uppings (is that a word?)...<BR>I dunno, I just like their new albums a lot better than the old ones. I feel as if Tariq's lyrical (pronounced lyricaal) abilities have really matured since illadelph and TFA has been my all-time favourite album. <BR>Don't front tho'... I love everything after Organix and that song "popcorn" or sumthin' wasn't bad... a'ight?!?!?!<BR>Plus, I'm an okayplayer fo' life son, and nuttin' y'all say or do can change that... Mr. Trotter will back me up on dis (and then I woke up...). Y'all watch out now y'hea? Ran out of thoughts fo' now... (lucky for YOU...)<P>Always rememba...<BR>"I chop rappers up like chicken <BR>Szechuan"<BR>* Black Thought - "Adrenaline"<P>=•) before nosejob...<P>=¬) after..

"I just wanna tape you...
all night"

qoolquest
Charter member
10251 posts
Tue Aug-24-99 04:00 AM

7. "well hold it partner"
In response to Reply # 5

>...for making it known that Tariq hates <BR>>Organix... cuz, well... I dislike (I <BR>>put "hate" at first, but then <BR>>I got smart...) it too. <P>.....well it's dated....(8 years)..but i still like it.....that's my kid. (--sniff sniff--)<P>"god made me funky"

check the resume

organix-93
(from the ground up)-94
do you want more?!!???!-95
illadelph halflife-96
things fall apart-99
(the legendary)-99
the roots come alive-99
phrenology-2002
the tipping point-2004
(the roots present...) 2004
homegrown: the beginne

ILLWILL
Charter member
25041 posts
Tue Aug-24-99 04:07 AM

8. "fuck that!"
In response to Reply # 7

Organix is the shit! It's my second most favorite roots CD and I have them all (including a gang of singles and the legendary and from the ground up). I can listen to that album over and over again without ever getting bored.<P>"never met anybody so cute and lovely and hard with his fists, and great with his dick"---Unidentified Okayplayette<P>"I got hair on my chest....LOOK AT IT!!!!!"---Redman <a href="http://www.angelfire.com/il/Will/images/MESOL1.jpg">http://www.angelfire.com/il/Will/images/MESOL1.jpg<;/a>

i'm back...?

brwn_e_point

Tue Aug-24-99 09:53 AM

9. "HATE ORGANIX??!!!"
In response to Reply # 5

I sleep with that album. The whole thing sounds so fun and untainted.<P>Black Thought has improved, but I like the youthfulness I hear on Organix!<P>You can feel the love.<P>Lisa<P><BR>

swineonmymind
Member since Jul 07th 2002
86 posts
Sun Aug-22-99 09:45 PM

Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profileClick to add this author to your buddy list
6. "CAN I POST IN ALL CAPS TOO??"
In response to Reply # 2

Wow that felt incredible. Brrrrr!<P>i got po'k on my fo'k and,<BR>swineonmymind

~ i got po'k on my fo'k and....swineonmymind. ~

MightyHealthy1

Tue Aug-24-99 03:11 PM

10. "Ish Happens"
In response to Reply # 2

It's funny how Thought doesn't like the two things that made me a roots fan. When I got to Temple my freshman year this kid that lived next door to me just couldn't shut up about this hip hop band he loved that "repped Philly to the FULLEST" and kept playing this popcorn song. I finally gave it a listen and have been hooked!! Then a week before DYWM was available a DJ friend of mine had the vinyl and had me hooked on the album mostly on the strength of essaywhuman. <P>I'd love to hear some of the other tracks that you guys hate. Artist are funny that way. I am just as schocked about this as I am that Havoc hates Shook Ones.<P>MH - The acrobatic anachronist

Lobby Okayplayer News Discussion Okay Artist Archives topic #28794 Previous topic | Next topic